So are we going to address the most recent NX rumors here on v?

>I should probably clarify as there's been much confusion over this, especially with recent rumours - the NX is not a single system, it involves 2 separate pieces of hardware - neither of which have been officially named as far as I'm aware. You have a handheld system and a console system as entirely separate devices, to be sold separately (though a bundle is possible). The idea is that, even though they have fairly different hardware, they'll support the same games - this means that at least one of the rumours are true, the NX uses cartridges. Sadly, I don't know the exact specs of either system.

t. some guy claiming he works for marketing at NoA.

from this thread: Is this bullshit? Is it true? Thoughts? Say something dammit.

>the source is Cred Forums

True but it can still be discussed. Hell, fake rumors are more often more fun than the ones that are real.

How would you feel if the NX was actually two different systems?

>How would you feel if the NX was actually two different systems?
Indifferent. All I want is good games.

pretty hype desu

especially if it's backwards compatible with 3DS games

That's exactly what I think the NX is.

sounds very plausible actually

Not really

It sounds fucking redundant

It's really just same handful of rumors that keep circulating and no one has been able to provide anything backing them up.
>It's a relatively powerful handful with TV out
>It's two systems, they play the same physical games
>The portable is also the main system's controller.

Sounds great. Instead of having two systems with two distinct libraries and exclusives, let's make sure consumers only have to buy one piece of hardware to get the full experience. Let's also gimp the home console, since the handheld will have to be nearly on par to play the same games. That will give players tons of incentive to play their games that don't look up to snuff on the big screen instead of everyone jumping to the handheld that can go anywhere! Oh, and third parties won't possibly be annoyed at having to optimize games that can't run on the console TWICE since the specs are different (as the rumour claims).

The console NX would flop again and the handheld NX would thrive. Almost an exact repeat of this gen.

Different form factors for different uses, all sharing a unified platform . No different from what Apple does.

im buying it day one no matter what it is

>"Fairly different hardware."
What does this REALLY mean anyway? If they'll both be able to play the same games woukdnt this mean that the stationary console is gimped in favor of the mobile one?

It seems a but awkward, the only way i see this working out is if the mobile game is rendered at 540p and the console one at 1080p

Or maybe 720 with less detail-effects ckmpared to the stationary one

>be random guy on Internet
>make unsubstantiated rumor on the Internet with no evidence
>people still believe you

>having to buy two separate consoles instead of one hybrid

that sounds like nintendo, alright

>separate handheld and console
I hope not. Console just sounds redundant. Sounds like it would have been better if it was one handheld whose gimmick was having the option to plug into the TV.

I would feel excellent.
Nintendo wouldn't have to stretch themselves thinly anymore. Instead of two obligatory games that they have to make each generation, it would be one and then the devs can make whatever they wish.
That being said, it's not likely to happen.

Two systems that do one thing well sounds better than a 'hybrid' that does both mediocre

>"There was an interesting tech-demo on the console system that I got to see, some untitled project involving a huge robot in a huge city - apparently it was brought out of development hell specifically for the NX after failing to work on the Wii U system, though I'd never seen it before myself. Graphically, it looked stunning - huge mechs in a dense cityscape wrecking shit."

>That sounds like it's just Project Robot. Your story's getting sketchier because you don't even need to work for Nintendo to remember that.

>"Just looked it up, I can see some similarities but the visuals and setting are drastically different, as are the robot designs which more resemble mechs than whatever's going on in that Wii U tech demo/game."

XCX:NX Tech Demo

This just sounds like how they would plausibly sell the system. Why would they make you own both when chances are they'll pander two completely different experiences to the them. Smash Bros. 3DS had modes separate to Wii U because Nintendo is always looking to build on the mobility of a handheld. The amount of amiibo shit they can work into this system is immense.

For example 3D World would be on the console and handheld, but the handheld will basically be 3D World. You'd unlock the characters you get in the console version by purchasing amiibo.

With Hyrule Warriors it's pretty clear they're moving in this direction. It's too profitable not to.

*would basically be 3D Land.

Same game less features that you can unlock with amiibo.

>The NX is actually just several systems and every game is just Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U but one cartridge works on all platforms.

I don't know how to feel about this.

I think just one system that can be both a handheld and a console is smarter.

Has it been confirmed if the analog sticks placement are like in OPs pic ?

Yup!

how fucking retarded do you have to be to believe shit from a random on Cred Forums

i'm the guy that posted it in the other thread pretending to be in the marketing department at nintendo, and i'm absolutely dumfounded by how many of you stupid fucks believed me. i didn't even need to bait the hook.

That'd be fucking fantastic, cause we'd get both a Wii U level power handheld, which would be pretty damn nice, and a console more powerful than the U so I can play BotW without fucking framerate drops. So basically everybody wins, 10/10, day one buy, preordered, take all of my money already.

No I'm the guy who posted that, stop impersonating me.

You're just a troll pretending to be that guy just so we drop all our hopes.

This is everything I've ever wanted from NX.

Please be true.

>3DS games on TV

This, literally this.

I don't give a fuck about the NX, but if I could toss my 3DS games on a bigger screen, day 1 buy.

Now you see how easy it is to lie on Cred Forums. Ta-daa!

t. the real guy who posted in the other thread

>t. I can click on Inspect Element
Fuck off faggot, stop lying.

>image editing software

that's right keep feeding him and feeding him (you)'s

>delusion
>denial

well what if the innovative thing was that games just worked the same on both systems

I'm shocked to see so many people okay with this.

To me, this is the same thing that Sony and MS is doing, save not being portable.

I guess the portable version is a cool upside.

>this is the same thing that Sony and MS is doing,
?

You idiots will believe everything

Just wait for this to be announced

baseless rumors are not videogames. this is childish and you should be ashamed.

>videogames.
this is childish and you should be ashamed.

Fixed that for ya.

Literally the WiiU except you can buy another tablet to put on top of the first one. Not really feeling this.

why do they think releasing a GAMING-centric handheld with shittier specs than basically any smartphone from the last 4 years is ok?

>Literally the WiiU except you can buy another tablet to put on top of the first one.
What?

Since when was speculation against the rules

please don't pretend to be me

I can get plenty more screencaps upon request as I left the thread open with my (You)s as proof.

two systems that, although are different, play the same games. Example: Scoprio and the PS4 pro.

Although the nintendo one, if these rumors are true, make more sense.

This would be amazing. I could buy the console version and never touch the handheld version because the handheld is fucking stupid and I don't want to play handheld games.

This ends now. Stop pretending to be me. I mean it.

THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

See We know it's most likely fake faggot. Only one being baited is yourself.

Just look at it. It's a thinner WiiU tablet with a second detachable screen for home/portable use. Same functions, same everything. And the 199$ tag is ridiculous.

Right, the constant pedo, sonyggers, exclusive, and general threads are so much better.

Die in a fire.

I imagine it will end up with a way better handheld portion of the thing and a console that barely outdoes the Wii-u in terms of power in order to keep costs.

Either way I'm relatively satisfied, for the last handful of years, and usually always, handheld games for nintendo systems eclipse the console market. This way I can get away with playing all the handheld exclusives without having to buy or play the handheld equivolent. Now I can sit back on my fucking couch and play monster hunter like buddha intended.

>It's a thinner WiiU tablet with a second detachable screen for home/portable use.
But it's not. It's a 3DS with two 16:9 screens. It's a separate device from the home version.

This is a fair point senpai.

Don't ever call Jehovah that name again though.

that's a good point, I never though about that.

the handheld NX system seemed on par with the Wii U, but it is bulky - larger than the 3DS XL for sure. Not entirely certain if it was still in the prototype stages at all. As far as I'm aware both the console and handheld systems are to be announced and released simultaneously, but I don't think you can buy them together as a bundle (it'd be very expensive if so). The only reason I know the handheld is around the Wii U's specs is because we were shown a demo of Zelda Breath of the Wild running on it. As for the console system, I'm really not certain - I saw some mecha game set in a dense city that looked really pretty, but hardware is not my area at all. It's really hard to say how powerful the NX is versus the PS4/Xbone as the game I saw was some exclusive WIP title; I do not know the specs.

I mean if that's true its good news for those who enjoy the handheld part of the deal, its absolutely criminal how shit the internal architecture is for the n3ds. Its crazy how ass its internal specs are.

Heh...not a fan of it but at the end of the day what matters are the games, been a long time since my last Nintendo console.

Are digital purchases still locked to the hardware or have they finally put an ID system ?

This thought just hit me
>What if the reason they said Breath of the Wild NX isn't going to be graphically superior to the WiiU version is because they got the game to run on what is virtually a handheld on par with the WiiU.

this thread is pathetic

Scorpio and all Xboxes beyond will be able to play the same games. The only thing the NX has similarities to is Xbox being a platform, that's it. Sony is doing some TV, VR shit and the PS4 will not have forward compatibility with the PS5.

Thiiiiiiis soooooo muuuuuchhhh

Then why did you post?

Okay, no more NX rumors. Just zip your lips until the reveal.

Make me faggot

Project Beast was literally leaked here first so why not

well, user, it's the only thing we can talk about until they actually announce it. it's fun

When's the reveal?

This is what Iwata said it was before he popped off. A family of systems with the same architecture and compatible with the same software.
All the "leaks" describing weird hybrid consoles with detachable controllers are just circlejerking from NeoGaf.

True, plus nintendo has teamed up with apple recently. They may have been taking notes from their business/products.

My dad works at Nintendo

DAE remember Gameboy micro?

The multiple device but same OS rumor has existed since Iwata speculated that possibility years ago.

It'd be way better than a fucking hybrid handheld that just manages to have less battery and mobility than a 3DS and less graphically impressive than a standard home console.

There's a reason super tanks and Gundams aren't built.

what the fuck is t.

Here's the NX Reveal formula:

Reveal Time = (limit Current Hour --> Infinity) Current Hour + 5

Nintendo has until October 27 to say ANYTHING about the NX. If not, then that March release date isn't happening.

>Another ugly underpowered, unergonopic rectangle.

What I find even funnier is that I bet it will look like OP"s picture too. Nintendo can't into hardware nor ergonomics.

That shit looks like one of those shitty android handhelds made for emulators.

is it really announcing today? or just announce of announce?

That was literally me

Why specifically October 27th user?

What the fuck, where did you get this picture of me?
Delete this

Why are you fags such special snowflake attention whores? Go to twitter for that bullshit.

Christ, that was one of the original NX rumors from last fucking year.

ITT: We don't know shit and Nintendo is keeping this secret to the end like the Cloud and Bayonetta Smash DLC

Their last investors meeting of the year. If they still plan on revealing the NX later this year like they said, they absolutely have to mention the NX by then.

I actually just bought two of them. One loose in silver and one CIB in Black. Launched at the wrong time, its a shame cause it was a bad ass handheld.

How the FUCK have they kept it secret for so long?

We have gotten literally no info about it since its codename.

sounds like complete bullshit. Selling two systems is completely conventional and not at all the "groundbreaking" shit that the Pokemon CEO or Ubisoft have been chalking up.

More than likely the Eurogamer leak was legit and at-least got a lot of partially correct stuff, such as the hybrid part.

However, it's pretty easy to understand why it's been under wraps: Nintendo's not fucking around with smaller devs. They want big titles from big devs who will fire the shit out of people who violate an NDA. Not to mention that Nintendo's NDA's are among the tightest in the industry.

What actually happens if you violate an NDA? You get fired but surely there must be more to it than that?

It's a permanent stamp on your record. You basically are blacklisted from any information-sensitive job ever again.

I still remember that one time on reddit where some guy got hired by Google, signed a NDA, and then outed their current project. Got fired the next day.

Say what you will about Nintendo but when they wanna keep a secret, they want it to be SECRET.

Huh, i'd actually love it if the NX was two independen devices and if the home console part was decent spec wise to attract some third parties to play normie sports and fps games with my normie friends, while also getting the best out of nintendo's first parties