It was surprisingly good. Are we having a sequel?

It was surprisingly good. Are we having a sequel?

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-31-metroid-prime-federation-force-is-a-sales-disaster-in-japan
alwaysnintendo.com/metroid-prime-federation-force-bombs-sales-worldwide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Your standards for you considered good are quite low aren't they?

Have you played it senpai?

No.
eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-31-metroid-prime-federation-force-is-a-sales-disaster-in-japan
alwaysnintendo.com/metroid-prime-federation-force-bombs-sales-worldwide/

>my opinions towards a game are based on websites
where do I start?

It sold like shit dumbass, sequel = never EVER

it was a massive success and absolutely BTFO the "true metroid fans". This is the new face of Metroid wether you like it or not. Can't wait for Cred Forums to throw an autistic shitfit when FedForce2 is inevitably announced :)

Are there numbers for NA yet? Didn't nintendo say this game would make people buy 3ds's too?

No because Metroidfags who have never played it will continue to rage about it

Looking forward to this day

>Massive Success
Fuck off Cody
It sold like shit and the numbers prove it

your damage control makes my dick so fucking hard

>game sells 12 copies worldwide
>i-it's these dumb baka metroid fans fault!!
why are nintendo apologists so autistic

Because literally the only time Federation Force is mentioned it's only mentioned by people who hate on it but then admit to never playing the game

I'm really enjoying it. It obviously has flaws and is appealing to the wrong demographic but overall a fun game.

If they want to sell this better they need to add some dlc down the road

Option 1: Mission expansion. Have a new (shorter) storyline with max 2 planets, maybe 4 missions each

Option 2: release a metroid amiibo that unlocks Extreme Mode. This would be a ramp up in difficulty with you taking more damage and increased defense of enemies, shorter time limits, etc. Also, this mode would release metroids randomly in EVERY level keeping you on your motherfuckin toes

As an add-on to those dlcs I'd like there to be download play options for the main missions

>1:50 pm Pacific Time
It's either a faker or school ended early

What the actual fuck, Hard mode is hard already, this one you suggest should have been called Sadistic Fucker mode.

This.

The game itself is great, despite what the Pretendos think.

yeah the game is only mentioned by people who hate it, that means it completely failed to attract an audience on its own merits

it's a shit game and a huge blunder by nintendo, you'll feel better once you admit it

I think they should add proper scaling for single player

you give actual functional individuals named "Cody" a bad reputation. Fuck off

You think Cred Forums is the rest of the internet when that's false

You literally can't talk positively about Fed Force on here because then the thread gets flooded by salty Primefags

Prime was a mistake

>he actually died in this game

The Call of Duty generation was a mistake.

Look at this kid! Look at how much of a game designer he is! Should we call you Hido Kojima?

>Hideo Kojima
>game designer

Are you sure you said the right name?

>he's STILL assmad about MGSV
what a cuck

I'm not mad, just confused why everyone keeps calling Metal Gear a game. It needs gameplay to be considered a game, and not be a 5 hour movie.

Metal Gear games have gameplay

git gud kiddo

Care to point out where? I get choked to death by the cinematics and voice acting everywhere, half of it being unskippable, and then when I'm finally allowed to control the game, it's basically just a walk down a corridor to ANOTHER cutscene. Sure doesn't sound like something that fits a video game.

>mfw someone said MGSV didn't have enough story, despite it going on for 5 hours straight

I'm glad you liked it

It had shit sales and a mediocre critical reception, so I wouldn't expect a sequel. But when has Nintendo ever let that stop them in the past?

>Care to point out where?
>just a walk down a corridor to ANOTHER cutscene

You pointed it out for yourself. Video games are interactive, movies aren't. I hope that clears it up for you.

Prime is dead, since the main series website "metroid.nintendo.com" is being worked on and hasn't gone public yet I can see a 2D Metroid 5 being announced for the NX handheld unit.

That's not enough to make it a video game though. You can technically interact with ""games"" like TLOU and Uncharted and The Order 1886. Does that make them games? According to Cred Forums, no.

>That's not enough to make it a video game though.
Yes it is

By that logic, you could consider a DVD a movie because you have to press play to start it.

>By that logic, you could consider a DVD a movie

You caught me

You do more than that in those games, but they're still shitty games because what you do has next to no depth. They're games, they're just not good games.

Kojimadrones, everyone.

>oh no I've lost this argument, better make a sweep generalization that's sure to hurt their feelings!
>Oh man, this is SOOOO much better than /r/eddit where I would have lost SOOOO much karma!!!1!!

Stay assmad, Kojimadrone AND redditor.

I bet you think every RPG is just 'mash X and watch the numbers fluctuate'

My favorite MG games aren't even the ones directed by Koji

Metroid fans wouldn't be satisfied no matter what Nintendo made so it's not like what they want matters

>make a Prime game
>waah it's not 2D Metroid
>make a 2D Metroid
>waah it's not Prime
>make a remaster
>waaah this isn't something new and different
>make something new and different
>waah this isn't the same as the other games

>make a 2D Metroid
>waah it's not Prime
Never happened unless Prime was your first, in which case you just shut the fuck up
>make a remaster
>waaah this isn't something new and different
But it was new and it introduced the cancerous canon we have now
>make something new and different
>waah this isn't the same as the other games
Because its always mediocre-to-shit

It's actually pretty good. It plays exactly like an action focused Co-Op Metroid Prime. It's a much better spin-off than hunters, and a better game overall than other M.

>blah blah blah blah
no one cares about your garbage opinions, cody

>that image

Maybe it's because Metroid fans give off the most and angriest reactions to everything

says the guy who's assblasted about being one of the 26 people who actually bought Fedora Force

This is exactly why. They're all a bunch of fucking babies. Notice how nearly every Metroid forum is filled with pathetic rules?

ACfag, I'm curious, who are you? For the past few years, I haven't seen a Metroid thread you haven't posted in and subsequently gotten into a long, drawn out argument that lasted hours.

Do you genuinely have autism or something? Are you a full on NEET? No joke, I need to know what could drive this kind of obsession.

>Cred Forums board color
Yeah, not opening that.

>muh ACfag boogeyman
fuck off Metroidkun

that's the color when you click on a post

For your information, I'm a millionaire.

Sleeping with Samus cosplayers got old, so now I just post on Cred Forums talking about my favorite game series.

Yes.

No

It was alright. I can think of 3 other Metroid titles I liked less, maybe 4 if I ever get around to playing Hunters. But that doesn't matter. Timing damned this thing to be forever tainted.

No the whole board is orange you fucking autistic Cred Forumstard. Go back and jerk off to trump

Fuck off retard the screencap isn't from fucking Cred Forums

Between the insane reaction to Tropical Freeze and the fucking Fed Force petition, I can never take this fanbase seriously again.

>saying Fedora Force as if the entire Metroid series wasn't enjoyed by fedora wearers

Guess what you fucking drumpcuck? I'm not opening that fucking file anyways. I don't need to see retardation from Cred Forums. Fuck off with your shitty meme board. I'd rather see every polcuck die then mlpcucks

stay assmad, retard.

Wow, you're more ignorant than Cred Forums for being triggered by a fucking color

I like it a lot, it just feels more like a random mech game than a Metroid game.

I doubt it. This game would've been better received if there was an actual Metroid title in the works and this was to tide us over. To our knowledge though, there is no new Metroid being worked on, or maybe there is for the NX, we don't know. Either way, I'm going to buy the game sooner or later, but I'm not surprised that it tanked.

Yes. And it did. NPD numbers showed a big boost in 3DS hardware sales for August.

Becuase one game is made with a childish artstyle it means all games are kiddie-stuff.

>Being this mad that Prime Trilogy were the better games.

>AM2R gets released.
>Not even Cred Forums complains it's not a Prime

>Prime Trilogy gets released
>Next to nobody complains it's a Re-master

I think Nintendo just wanted a series to tag onto their random mech game so that it would at least get people talking.

They'll probably spin it off completely and drop the Metroid name entirely if there is ever a sequel.

AM2R only got attention because Metroid fags were looking for an excuse to bitch and moan some more

Reminder that Fed Force, a game with funding and a professional dev team, got so BTFO by a fan game made by one spic that Nintendo threw a bitchfit and issued a DMCA.

>Becuase one game is made with a childish artstyle it means all games are kiddie-stuff.
Given Nintendo's turn of late, its a legitimate concern

>Being this mad that Prime Trilogy were the better games.
They weren't, so there's nothing to be mad about

I'm surprised you racists havent called me the n-word yet

>Prime Trilogy gets released
>Next to nobody complains it's a Re-master

No one cared. It contained all three console games and it sold half as well as Echoes did.

Pretty sure that boost is commonly attributed to Pokémon Go, as sales of Y/X/Ruby/Sapphire went up considerably as well.

>got so BTFO by a fan game made by one spic that Nintendo threw a bitchfit and issued a DMCA.
Nintendo would have DMCA'd him anyways. Plus while it was a good effort, it was hardly Metroid

>Metroid faggots still thinking DMCAs at fan games are Nintendo Exclusive

Sega still hasn't owned up to shutting down fan games and there's a reason you never see fan games for most other franchises, being there'd be instant DMCAs

The game was so good that even metroid is NOT going to get a sequel

So how do you explain the game being so much better than Fed Force despite being made by a professional studio?
Is Tanabe and NLG really just that fucking lazy?

>implying you played Fed Force to even know which is better

Nope. It bombed in terms of sales, received mediocre scores, fans hated it, newcomers didn't want to play it and the demo ruined anyone's goodwill towards the game.

Never ever i hope i just want more Samus adventures not this bullshit.

>Is Tanabe and NLG really just that fucking lazy?
>Nintendo
>not being lazy as fuck
Fucking three Metroid games rehashed the same plot and even map areas

>Given Nintendo's turn of late, its a legitimate concern

Nah every time a Nintendo game changes or has spin-off a bunch of people who are displeased pretend as if the series is just going to stick that way to demonise that game.

But if Nintendo operated that way, the games would never have changed in the first place.

The DMCA would have happened anyway.

I got DMCA'd around the same time for having a shitty little puzzle script experiment titled Mini Mawio on GameJolt.

DMCA shit is likely handled by a couple lawyers at NoA. You fuckers need to stop trying to tack human emotions onto big corporations.

They took it down because it was suddenly getting lots of coverage on basically every gaming news site, and was claiming to be an updated, free version of a product Nintendo is still selling. You're a retard if you think it has anything to do with Fed Force.

>So how do you explain the game being so much better than Fed Force despite being made by a professional studio?

How do you defend even comparing those two vastly different games?

How do you defend pretending that AM2R isn't just copying all the already functional mechanics from existing Metroid games?

you're a retard

>ifunny
Fucking hell

>So how do you explain the game being so much better than Fed Force despite being made by a professional studio?

If Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission didn't exist AM2R would be a pile of crap. AM2R is only good because it lifts things wholesale from a control scheme Nintendo had polished with Fusion and Zero Mission and 90% of the level design from Metroid II.It took the guy about a decade to make an extremely safe game where most of the game design and level design was already done for him.

It'd probably have taken him another 10 years if it wasn't a Metroid II remake.

But honestly I only had fun with the game when I was playing with others. By myself it was okay at best. Its a shame I can't recapture the magic I had with Triforce heroes because with that game my friends actually bought it so when the online community died I could still play with a team.

Because Fed Force was a cheap spinoff made to kill time while waiting for the NX to drop. The entire reason they made a handheld spinoff instead of a proper Prime game is because that would take so long that by the time it launched, the NX would already be out.

This game is as much metroid as Super mario RPG was a metroid game.
As in Samus was in it and that was the full length of what was metroid about it.

>Cheap spin-off made to kill time
>7 years in development
Pick one

>pretending that its only Cred Forums who hates fed force
why do people do this?

>7 years in development

You still believe this meme?

It ain't a meme.
It was actually conceptualized 7 years ago as a DSi game but Nintendo had next level shelve it until they notice the fans were restless for a new Metroid.
The first screening of the game looked like DS game with a better resolution.

I believe 7 years ago is when they came up with the concept, but due to constraints it spent most of the time shelved rather than actively being developed

there was a nintendo direct where Tanabe literally said they had been working on the game since 2009
get fucked

He said the idea had been around since 2009. It wasn't in active development for that long, dumdum.