UBISOFT: 'NX IS FANTASTIC' A 'REALLY NEW APPROACH', EXCITED TO WORK ON SOMETHING NEW

Source: gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-ceo-talks-nintendo-nx-and-advantages-of-ne/1100-6443802/

Coming from a GameSpot interview with Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot...
>"The new Nintendo [console] is a fantastic machine. It's really a new approach, it's really Nintendo, [which is] coming with something new again. We love it.
>We always take disruptions on the positive side. We think each time that it's an opportunity for our creators to take more risks. When a machine is installed, there are a certain number of brands that take up the time of players, so they're going to buy the next Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty. Even if they say, 'I'm interested in what you're doing,' at the end of the day they first buy what they know, then go somewhere else. When they change machines, they consider that it is better to try what has been done for that machine. This gives us an opportunity to totally change an IP that we have done before, or to create new experiences and new IPs.

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/ubisofts_unreleased_and_finished_wii_u_game_has_apparently_been_identified
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What we see is, players are more open when new hardware is coming. So we have the chance to come with something we have never done before, because we know that if we are the first there, people will try our game and maybe we'll be able to get into that new genre. As our people wanted to do a game like ZombiU, they were happy they could just use the Wii U to do it. For us, a machine is a tool of expression, but when everything become stable it's less open to innovation. We always want innovation.

>However, if you try something a little new and it's not perfect, you come back quickly to what you know and works. As a gamer, if you change to new hardware, you have no references, so you're looking at what people are saying are [the best games] and then trying them. But if you have an [established] machine and there's all the experiences you know on there already, you know you're going to miss some of those to try something new, so you're less inclined. For us, we know opportunities to try something new are a lot more rewarding when it's a new machine."

Heard this about the Wii and the Wii U. So yeah, taking it with a grain of salt.

Ubisoft's CEO also once again confirmed that they are "working on some [other] projects" for NX, but wouldn't give specifics.

We're almost there guys.

Translation

>It's full of gimmicks. Watch us fuck up our games for another generation.

I fucking hate how Nintendo handled the NX so far, goddammnit.

It's getting really annoying at this point, fucking announce it you retards.

Yeah, same here, but I really wanna see if this new approach that they keep mentioning is the fabled hybrid console.

>ubisoft
>the same fuckers who held back rayman release date to make it a multiplatform launch

fuck those niggers

Are these guys serious?

ubisoft also shilled the wii u really hard. Anyone else remember the internal dev vids they released that revealed amiibo functionality before amiibos were even announced? Rayman legends was supposed to have it at launch.

You know Nintendo did the exact same thing with Zelda, don't you? In fact, it's a pretty common thing, just how things work, dude.

Deja vu

I've heard talks of it but never seen the videos.

Back in 2012 Ubisoft said they loved the Wii U.

Enjoy your dumbed down version of Rayman for NX.

Zombi NX?

I'VE JUST BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE
HIGHER ON THE STREET
AND I KNOW IT'S MY TIME TO GOOOO!

Remember ZombiU and Rayman Legends? lmao

Eh, it all depends on how it sells. It's true that Ubisoft likes to jump on new hardware, with the Wii it paid off, with the Wii U it didn't. No telling how the NX will do, but I'm sure Ubisoft will give it some early support as usual, then either stick or bail depending on how it goes.

I'm intrigued for NX but not excited by any means

Wasn't Ubisoft excited about the Wii U as well?

yeah ubisoft made so many great games for the wii like

I didn't say anything about game quality.

Not him but Rayman Origins was still a good game, and it was on Wii.

The Just Dance games were fun. Sue me.

>an opportunity for our creators to take more risks
More shitty buggy games?

ubi saying this does not change anything though

Nintendo are the only ones trying so that the industry doesnt stagnate, again.
While sony just grows jewer and jewer

They said it's fantastic, and they have no reason to lie, so we at least know it's not a fucking piece of shit.

>ubisoft using zombiiU as a positive example
Oh the ironing

Oh god, it's another generation of stupid gimmicks.

Ubisoft and other third party's said the same of the WiiU

We still don't even know what it is and Nintendo is starting the marketing blitz

Ubisoft always says this shit because they know other companies don't give a shit and think they can get a third party monopoly on Nintendo consoles.
Then turns out people on Nintendo consoles only buy 1st parties.

I still remember that time they said they had a Wii U exclusive ready that they'd release when the console started selling more, and it never came.

Seriously? Really? Pretty sure Ubisoft insists their games are good too, but I can't exactly assert that they've all been gems, to say the least

we'll see will they treat it as a babby console and port grow home and some mid tier games or will they make all of their games available without compromises

I love how people here are posting like these comments by Ubisoft are even worse than them saying the won't support the NX. For goodness sake, they pretty much just said they'll be announcing some games for the thing soon. That's great news.

What the fuck kind of bizarro world is this? Why is Ubisoft praising nintendo now? Is Ragnarok upon us?

Ubisoft do this with every console. They love to have some of the only titles at launch for the easy shekels.

>Pretty sure Ubisoft insists their games are good too
The point is that in that case they DO have a reason to lie. But they do not gain directly anything saying the NX is fantastic, so even if they're exaggerating, it must be at least pretty good.

>P-please let us milk more Rabbids games on your new console
>What? 3rd party support? Sorry not worth our time and money.

Ubisoft was praising the Wii U until Zombi U bombed and they decided to delay Rayman Legends for several months to port it to everything else.

They said the same thing about Wii U, and that was awful.

Every company initially supports Nintendo because of the possibly of the system becoming a hit AND people buying 3rd party.

But neither wind up happening, but they still need to support it just in case.

REMINDER THAT UBISOFT SAID THE EXACT SAME SHIT WITH THE WII U

FUCK YOU UBISOFT

Wii U version of Legends was the best version. Just saying.

Ubisoft always jumps into new hardware WAY too hard. Something like 40% of the Kinect's catalog was made by them.

Ubisoft always supports a launch of a new system. They supported the N Gage ffs.

>Nintendo makes a new console
>Ubisoft swears they'll support it
>immediately goes back to picking a fight with Nintendo

It'll be the same way this time. Especially now that they shut down the Rayman department.

Can't have you lose interest in all those grandious Wii U titles still coming up.

>Especially now that they shut down the Rayman department.
Fucking WHY?

for producing more half baked shitty buggy open worlds with radio towers games

Well Ghost Recon does come out in March, the same time the NX is suppose to launch.

Remember when Ubisoft said they had near-complete WiiU games that they weren't releasing until the system sold more

>excited to work on something new

A Just Dance port is how excited they are about it?

>Especially now that they shut down the Rayman department.

WAIT WHAT

He's right about new consoles offering new IP opportunités though. Well, until PS4 and Xbone.I can't even name a new franchise that took off thanks to those consoles.

I bet they don't even know more about the NX than we do. Probably don't even have a dev kit yet.

>marketing bullshit
They said the same shit with the Pii and Pii U

>tfw it's been 51 years since BG&E2 teaser

Reminder that they said the same thing about Wii U and after making few exclusive games on it (like ZombiU) they regretted it and ported it to other consoles

Color Splash is gonna be great. Can't wait to play it.

>But neither wind up happening, but they still need to support it just in case.
No they dont.

Third parties just want another wii so they can sell shovelware. They botched about the wii not handling their 360 ports so Nintendo fixed that with the wii u. When it turned out that the wii u wasn't selling they abandoned it as fast as possible.

They only care about short term profits and don't give a single fuck about quality.

These are the same fucks who dumped shit like Mass Effect 3 and Watch dogs at full price.

Again, they only care about shovelware sales because their AAA shovelware is guranteed to sell because currently the casuals eat up anything "epic" on xbone and ps4.

On one hand, to be fair they did experiment a lot with the Wii U's features, even more so than Nintendo especially during that first year.

On the other hand, they fucking delayed Rayman Legends because they didn't think it would sell

One of them was Watch Dogs and it was horrible.

>Ubisoft
>The same retards who relased zombi U and praise the worst console ever launched

>1990 was 100 years ago

same thing was said for the pee u

grow up loser

It looks a bit better than sticker star but I still don't trust it at all.
I'll wait for at least a week after release to see what the general consensus looks like.

I can't wait for Ubisoft to announce Rayman Chronicles as an NX exclusive! And then delay it and eventually release it on every platform.

>ubisoft
bunch of liars

Actually if they like it we know its confirmed shit

The Rayman department was shut down at Ubisoft

They literally have nothing good now

>Ubisoft

Heard it all before.

Not really, the NX could be anything on a scale of pure shit to absolute best console in the world and ubisoft would have made the exact same statement we got.

>Nintendo secures Beyond Good and Evil 2 as a NX exclusive

>And then delay it and eventually release it on every platform
I wouldn't care as long as we get another Rayman tbqh

Nintendo paying for that to be made is my favourite rumour and I believe it

Im actually surprised that nothing on the NX has been leaked by Ubisoft. Normally they're the leakiest publisher next to Sony.

Either the NX is hidden in a warehouse with the Lost Ark or Ubisoft is just saying shit.

>tfw Beyond Good & Evil 2 NX exclusive

are you talking about that video where they put a Ezio statue slowly above the gamepad?

What's wrong with a multiplatform launch by a company that isn't affiliated to any console?

>implying a single 3rd party developer has even seen the NX

They have, for months now even. There are already 3rd party games announced for it.

Nintendo is killing all the leakers

There are more 3rd party games officially announced for the NX than 1st party.

That doesn't mean shit, they just know a bit about the hardware specs and start developing games on a PC, then in the last month before release they start porting it to the actual console.

why do we care about what ubisoft says? they are literaly the most soulless videogame corporate after EA

Me on the right.

>we

Fuck off, hive mind poster.

>trying this hard to fit in

With every day of Nintendo not showing off the NX my hype just grows weaker.

Preparing to be fully let down when the day finally comes.

Okay, so i guess that rules out a wii u gamepad with detachable controllers. That's a relief.

If Ubisoft's excited to work on it then it must be shit.

>Ubisoft says its fantastic and exciting

So that's basically confirmation that it's shit then right?

>the nx will allow us to test out shit games on it, then when it fails we will blame Nintendo fans for only liking mario

yeah, they said something similar about the wii u too. look how that turned out.

/thread

>zombiu
decent
>rayman legends
really fucking good

user they said the same thing with the wiiu, look how things are now.

fucking this.

yeah they also said Wii U was fantastic

>We always take disruptions on the positive side. We think each time that it's an opportunity for our creators to take more risks
Go fuck yourselves, Ubisoft. Where was that attitude two or three years ago?

Instead you bitched about Wii U not having a big enough install base, bitched about M-rated titles not selling well enough, intentionally delayed ports and flat-out said you were sitting on at least one finished game.
>nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/ubisofts_unreleased_and_finished_wii_u_game_has_apparently_been_identified
>Specifically, we have one game that we are waiting until the Wii U has a certain market size before we launch.
Go fuck yourselves, Ubishit. You make games to increase the market size. People won't buy consoles if there aren't games they want, they're not going to run out and buy a $300 console so in the hope that you and your poor, poor employees will maybe have the strength and will to get up off your fucking lazy French asses and make some fucking games. You may have to make more than broken ports of games that don't fit the platform's demographic in the first place.

It was originally going to be Wii U exclusive and a launch title, but Ubisoft made it multiplat at the last minute and because of Microsoft's retarded policy disallowing multiplats releasing on other platforms first it was also delayed. So they kind of dicked Nintendo over by both yanking an important launch title and an exclusive. And of course the above bullshit.

Listen newfag
Post a PASTEBIN

>Ubisoft working with nintendo ever again

fuck off autist

They always do
They said the 3DS, Wii and Wii U are all great
Then they decided to drop all development for it

Oh boy another console for ubisoft to develop games for at launch and then fuck off

I feel sorry for that team.

Literally a week before release and Ubisoft just fucks them.

And now the team is shut down. The last quality game makers from Ubisoft are gone.

>ubisoft
>remakes the same exact games constantly
>barely any new things with each new game in a series
>still manage to create massively buggy and boring games
>cant even properly run their own digital distribution service
>force people to use their shitty digital service
>the service constantly fucks up or doesnt work

Why exactly do we care what this company thinks of new hardware? They can't even run their own shit right, why should we put anything on their view of hardware or software?

post your face when the NX is actually a good console

Same things were said about Wii U while in development and look where it ended.

Anyone who takes any of this seriously after how badly Ubi backstabber the WiiU is retarded.

I literally copy pasted the whole thing in this thread which is fucking better than wasting clicks by your autismo standards.

Mainly because I expect it to be just that.

Rayman legends 2?

To be fair Ubisoft supported it longer than most other third parties.

>They only care about short term profits and don't give a single fuck about quality.
You just described Neoshitendo, user.

>it's another "third party developer talks nicely about Nintendo's console" episode
>followed by the "they make a few shitty spinoffs to showcase the gimmicks while they focus entirely on PlayStation/Xbox" christmas special

I swear these are all reruns.

>Nintendo
>short-term profit
spot the underage

Didn't they say the same about the WiiU?

>NX is just the Wii U Gamepad but with a DS slot in the back

What are the chances?

>waste time in inferior shit
lmao

>the NX is actually a good console

>when the PlayStation exists, which dominates the western and Japanese console market

>a really new approach
geez, haven't heard this one from Nintendo before

>make a shit game for a new console while depriving it of multiplats
>wow, this console is dead, better continue making good games for the OTHER consoles which we've been supporting 100% for well over a decade

HIGH

>console

>Why doesn't Nintendojust make another straight-up game console like the GameCube, whose gen was won by a gimmick machine that outsold the GC eight times over?
It hurts to say it, but I understand why Nintendo will never make anothe GC or SNES. I hate the direction that they've taken, but you absolutely can't deny that there is nothing else for them to do. Kids don't care about Mario anymore, normies seem to be losing interest in Zelda, and Nintendo has been the kiddy console in the eyes of dudebros since even before the Wii.

Hell, the N64 was crushed too, although that could be owed to the lack of third parties. Even still, despite having Mario, Zelda and Pokemon to counter Crash, FF and MGS, it managed to be outsold several times.

NO ES FAKE!!

What do either of those things have to do with one another?

Japanese developers at least only support the big dog, and that has been Sony for 20 years. They won't ever support anything else, let alone Nintendo. Western developers put their games on whatever exists, with less care put into the less important platforms (Nintendo and PC).

No matter what happens, Sony cannot be topped. They literally control the video game industry.

>sony wants to compete with PC
still waiting to see what hilariousness comes out of that

After how the Wii U ended up I'm not going to believe it.

>we have tons of Japanese games that will likely never come to PC
>even Yakuza 6, which is among the best looking games yet
>nah, let's focus on graphics between multiplats instead

Bravo, Sony. That just proves how little Sony really cares about Jap developers.

Oh boy, i cant wait till we get a new Rabbids game and maybe even a port of Asscreed Syndicate with no dlc. Cant wait for such quality titles like Just Dance too! We did it bros! NX is shaping up to have a great launch!

>the Wii U gets a port of Arkham Knight with an exclusive Playmobil looking Batmobile
>it makes the PC version look like fucking DMC4 in terms of quality

Calling it now.

This pissed me off the most about E3 2016. You have a fuckton of good upcoming Japanese exclusives and they shift them off the main stage for generic trash.

Newsflash; no one cares about Japanese games, not even the Japanese. That's why there's an increasing (but still small) number of Jap ports to PC. Of course the bigger titles won't show up, but the smaller companies have made up their minds.

AS A KITE IF WE WANT TO

>implying Japan is relevant in the gaming industry
japs only care about mobileshit now, PS4 won by appealing to the west and by being a better multiplat box than Xbone. There's a reason why they haven't announced a Vita sequel yet, literally no one cares in the West.

Didn't they say the same thing about the Wii U.

>Devs keep reporting about the NX
>Sega announced the next Sonic game for NX
>Nintendo not saying a damn thing

At this point I refuse to listen to anybody until Nintendo gets off their asses and shows the stupid console already.

>SOMETHING NEW
>VERY NINTENDO
IT'S NEW LEVELS OF GIMMICK SHIT. IT'S EVEN WORSE THAN THE WII

What the fuck.
That was the only part of the company that I actually trusted and wanted to support.
So is Rayman just dead now?

>the wii was bad

that's the vita version my man

You joking? Ubisoft fucked over the Wii U early by delaying Rayman Legends and making it multiplatform. Not only that, they got greedy with sales and decided 2 million of ZombiU wasn't enough. Then they just made a bunch of shit ports and cut features from the Wii U versions for no reason. Not to mention putting shovelware on there.

Assassin's Creed 3 was a port that had already been out on two other systems for months.
Splinter Cell Blacklist had no multiplayer
Watch Dogs was launched a whole 6 months after the previous versions.

And they act as if it was all the Wii U's fault.

>We think each time that it's an opportunity for our creators to take more risks.
God is this guy full of shit

They crap out more rehashes than anyone else and he has the nerve to say this

>They said it's fantastic, and they have no reason to lie
Gee user except their ENTIRE existence is based on selling fucking games and selling new games on new consoles makes them money

They are not going to say the new generation of console for one of the biggest platforms out there is shit

And they said the exact fucking same thing for the Wii U

Ubisoft only makes shitty games and they're all talk.

A lot of you are new, and only remember Ubisoft as far back as 5 years. But they literally praise every new console. Ubisoft are always the go-to 3rd party early adopters. They'll always hype up the new consoles. Their word means nothing.

>Zombi U bombed
It sold a million though. Every 13th owner of Wii U owns it.

it was literally the first game they had. Its like turok on the earlier generations. Everyone had it.

>implying it was good

I see their approach of trying to push their shit at the launch of a new Nintendo system while buttering up the fans hasn't changed.

So?

why would anyone read this obvious corporate PR trash

NX is shit.

>ubisoft
it's fucking nothing

NX isn't anything to be something yet, though.

1 year later
>Ubisoft Ending Support for Nintendo NX

They said the same thing about the WiiU before fucking WiiU owners over

>Beyond Good and Evil 2

Dont count on it, apparently the game was a "mistake" to Ubisoft

>Fucked over Nintendo ad their fans after making a deal with them

>Think somebody is going to believe this bullshit again

GET FUCKED!

Ubisoft is anxious to port all their ARM mobile crap to NX

>NX comes out.
>Somehow it ends up being better then the current consoles.
>Shocks the shit out of everybody.
>Flagship games.
Metroid.
Advance Wars.
Warrior World
Star Fox
Zelda
>Shit pants.
>Good price.
>Coming now.
>Wake up.
>cry.

How was Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge handled then? It was released on Wii U but then came to Sony and MS consoles.

>In 2014, Michel Ancel revealed he had formed an independent games studio called Wild Sheep. It was also revealed that he would continue to contribute to the development of projects at Ubisoft, including "an extremely ambitious new title that is very close to his and the team’s heart."[12] Wild Sheep are currently (2015) developing an open world pre-historic survival game called WiLD.

>In 2010, Ubisoft announced Rayman Origins, first an episodic video game designed by Michel Ancel and developed by a small team of five people, but then it was announced that it transformed into a full game. The title uses the UBIart Framework developed by Ubisoft Montpellier and Ancel. UBIart is a developer platform that allows artists and animators to easily create content and use it in an interactive environment. The engine is optimized for HD resolutions and is capable of running games at 60 frames per second in 1920x1080 resolution.

>In designing Peter Jackson's King Kong, Ancel chose not to show any overlay information to increase the player's immersion in the game world, a design choice also seen in games such as Ico or Another World. For instance, low health is conveyed not with a meter but through blurred vision and the sound of heavy breathing.

>Ancel rejects the often held belief that video games of French origin are more original, claiming the problem lies not in the development process, but in risk-averseness at US publishers.

This man is the only fucking reason why Ubishit is famous today, you fuckers better support him

>Warrior World
I feel your pain, mobilebro

>missing the most important dead nintendo franchise

>ubisoft is excited about the system

This is how you know it's awful.

made me chuckle

This coming from the same stupid motherfuckers that thought it was a smart idea to delay a finished game and then release it along side Mario Kart 8 and Windwaker HD.

>All these buttblasted Nintendogs ITT

3RD PARTY
DOES
NOT
SELL

Just get this into your heads already. It doesn't matter how good the game is, Ninteniggers will only buy Mario #432345345 and Mario spin-off #3242364 and Zeldar #6764345435. Nintendo is a dogshit platform for 3rd parties since N64 and any serious investment into it fails horribly.

NX will be another gimmick platform (hybrid) with the same fucking rehashed first party games as always. Just deal with it.

Excited until they see the sales numbers than run back to making the games multi platformed.

I need skittles

>Ubisoft saying something positive about nintendo hardware

Wow. Color me surprised.

They'll release one port a few shitty games and will drop support within a year after release because nobody will buy their shitty games on it.

>implying it was bad

>It doesn't matter how good the game is,

This is where you fucked up
The game should be good in the first place in order for it to sell. Everybody is not a Sonyfan user

They'll put a new IP on the system and it'll sell nearly 1m units but that won't be enough for Ubisoft who expects 6m+ on a new IP on a console that just released with 12m players. The game won't even be that good. Then they'll proceed to cancel or delay any actually good games they have in production for the NX and make them multiplat and release the NX version AFTER the others.

They'll do this because they're Western 3rd Party and Western 3rd Party hates Nintendo. Ubisoft "supports" Nintendo, but all they're really doing is throwing out halfhearted shovelware in order to maintain their "relationship" with Nintendo in case there's another Wii phenomenon. And if another Wii did come out, they'd immediately go into overdrive making the shittiest, lowest-cost casual games they possibly could, and dumping them onto the system by the truckload.

Not windwaker

It was released alongside Mariokart and GTAV

Ubisoft can't market for shit, that is why they rely on the PlayStation so much because they know they will buy anything they sell to them.

>NX will be another gimmick platform (hybrid) with the same fucking rehashed first party games as always. Just deal with it.

It hurts to admit it, but you're right.
3rd-party developers has to pay a shit-ton of money to publish for these games, indie development just isn't possible.
Tf, I had to use libctru to write a game engine for the 3DS, that's just sad

>reminder
Nigga read the thread

This. Nintendrones do not buy third party games. They exist in a bubble filled with other tards that only play mareo and zeldurr.

If they put another rayman i will buy it on launch.

Is it "youbesoft" or "ooobeesoft"?

It was bad you moron, it was only popular with girls and grandparents

>leave the sonyggers to us

See

Oobee

It better not be Mother

>This gives us an opportunity to totally change an IP that we have done before, or to create new experiences and new IPs
Confirmed for gimmick garbage bullshit. I hope this is the last nail in their coffin. I just want them to go third party already and stop shitting up the landscape with terrible controllers and casual experiences.

YUGE beesoft.

It's F-Zero, I'm guessing.

I don't give a fuck if it has gimmicks or it's weak. I just want all the Nintendo developers on one platform and a console monster hunter again

Nice revisionism, nintencuck.

>casual experiences
>they have made best games of this generation

sucks to not have a nintendo this gen

Don't worry, even EA was sucking the Wii U's dick when they thought Nintendo would let them handle their online infrastructure and work it into Origin.

Pretty sure Ubisoft was gung-ho for supporting the Wii U at launch as well, until they pulled out faster than a kid on prom night when the numbers started showing.

The pic that posted is from Custom Robo

Ah yes I cannot wait for rushed games that are buggy on launch, but this time on a nintendo platform

Not even the console, just let me see the controller. That way I can be sure whether I'll want it or not. screen on a shit controller = go fuck yourself nintendo

The wii wasn't good because of wagglan it was good despite it.