The UEF, Illuminate and the Cybran have joined forces to invade the universe of the last game you played

The UEF, Illuminate and the Cybran have joined forces to invade the universe of the last game you played

What happens?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p8zD2uYryJM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why all 3? Even one of those armors would thoroughly dominate ANY setting in video games and beyond. I legitimately can't think of anything with a more OP setting that supreme commander. One commander could probably destroy WH40ks imperium if given enough time.

Welp, they just have invaded their own universe. And since they are united - war is over?

Not much is different.

>mount and blade warband: napoleonic wars
if they are genocidal then everyone on earth is gonna die, but if not life for the average person dramatically improves.

thats really stupid.

Dead Rising
WEEELLL

I think they'll just build some mass extractors and leave for other planets.

I don't know what those are, but let me take a guess.
>UEF
humans that feel the need to use an acronym to frighten their opponents
>illuminate
ayyliens? probably slender looking motherfuckers.
>cybran
technologically advanced race or just plain robots.

either tell me how wrong I am or how unimaginative game devs are.

What if it's a game like LSD where everything is dreams?

>tell me how wrong I am

Pretty damn wrong on all accounts

They're all technologically advanced to the point where an entire galaxy is a playground to them.

>UEF
space nazis
>Illuminate
religious extremists
>Cybran
space jews with implants

They're all human

>Wargame Red Dragon
So they basically invade earth as it is now. Just one of their commanders is more than enough to steamroll everyone given the huge technological gap and the ability to pump a fuckload of throwaway units that could fuck up any modern tech we got.

>humans
United Earth Federation, successors to the previous Human empire which fell because of reasons.
>illuminate
Human cultists who hate the UEF because they genocided the alien equivalent of Tibetan monks
>cybran
People who the UEF augmented symbiotic AI brains or something. They rebelled when the UEF tried to reprogram their brains.

people always say one faction is already insanely OP.
can someone tell me how? give me examples of why they're so OP.
the games just show a war on a large map with maybe 200 units for each faction at a time? other RTS games have, in the fluff, at least this much or more units in a war at the same time.

FIRE MY MOTHER FUCKING MOON CANNON.

>EVE Online
yeah good luck getting past CONCORD faggets

>genocided the alien equivalent of Tibetan monks
With damn good fucking reason. Those soldiers are actually remorseless and consciousless.

>Sins of a Solar Empire
Hard to say since SupCom is explicitly a 1:1 ratio while most things in Sins aren't.
An already established empire with multiple planets dedicated to shipyards and a strong enough economy might be able to hold off.
>Vasari are running from a Commander

user no.
The pic OP posted is from SupCom2
You most likely played SupCom1, because nobody plays 2
Which means Prime-Alliance vs Alternate Universe-Alliance

They meet their end in the hands of the Golden Armada. Or maybe the Queen of Blades.

Think of a grey goo event but instead of nanites, you have mechs the size of skyscrapers.

Plus they gather resources from anything (mass) and can have almost infinite energy. The smallest unit can be produced in a second with enough linked power nodes and engineers, this unit is still the size of a large suburban house.

There's no unit cap in supcom tho

Production speed

And the fact that they can take any form of matter, disassemble it to free floating subatomic particles and resemble it into any element/resource imaginable.

Basically they can take a loaf of bread and turn it into a solid gold fully functioning assault rifle with diamond bullets with coke as the case powder for the rounds.

>EDF 4.1
We will be fine the EDF never loses.

Oh, the irony.

I am stuck in that mission in Core Contingency.
Tips will be appriciated.

>40k universe

Somehow I don't think they're going to be in their element here

I prefer to think of them as mechanical tyranids. They absorb all matter to fuel their actions, can make a full army to sweep the planet in an hour, have one leader for a bunch of non-thinking robots, and can appear anywhere.
Scale, including time, is 1:1 in supcom. Pic related is the smallest combat unit in the game.

What is happening in a match is what happens in lore, so a commander can go from a single individual to a whole army of giant robots with enough nukes to glass earth 20 times in half a hour.
They can also turn energy into stuff, and the other way around.

There IS a unit cap, through i think is explicit gameplaywise

>God Eater
>SCU Aragami
I could see this ending in 2 ways either the Aragami evolve or the Aragami get destroyed into oblivion. I think if the Aragami evolve enough to resist their attacks they'll just destroy the earth.

Bitch, unless chaos or necrons can figure out a way to possess the network, 40k is fucked. A supcom faction is a mechanical tyranid swarm but even more efficient.

There is.
It's just 500-1000 units per player.

They're OP as fuck because they can take practically anything and convert it for producing units. The most basic unit they field is a robot the size of a large house, and that's one of the smallest units in the game, and they can pump these units out insanely fast.

They would rape anything 40K has to offer. There's an artbook that sums up 40K perfectly; "The decay of beauty". Things are OP at a cost in that universe, there's no downside to the OP armies in SupCom.

What is this? What is THIS!? Progress faster than science is IMPOSSIBLE!

You can literally reclaim matter from enemy units to make more robots. They can vacuum up large buildings in a few seconds.

always loved this one
youtube.com/watch?v=p8zD2uYryJM

>8 legged freaks

Hate fighting those things. I start panicking and hyperventilating. My team finds it funny as shit

are you talking about the ravagers or the monkeylords?

Also turn mass into energy and enegy into mass. Kind of a big deal.

>Monkeylords
>8 legs

>Frank West scrambles to take photographs as a walking mech 80 meters in height walks across the little Colorado town, crushing buildings and zombies alike, absorbing biomatter and concrete alike through a beam. As the building-sized foot comes down on the roof of the mall and brings down the ceiling on top of Frank, he whispers in his final breath to the behemoth
>"I've cover wars, you know"

Do Commanders need a planet to work off? Because Vasari can literally destroy planets until there's nothing left.
Plus anything smaller than a Capital Ship could get vaccumed up and turned into resources by this bad motha fucka

Self replicating robots that can turn and matter or energy into more self replicating robots. 40k is pretty fucked all the races.

Dune 2000. Well without paul to see their battle plans the houses are screwed. unless of course they can only travel through space by folding it, then they get nuked from orbit on whatever planets they are in at the moment.

>called Experimental Spiderbot
>only has 6 legs
wtf bethesda?

I'm talking about the motherfucking giant spiders!! FUCK THAT SHIT!!

>mfw my teammates stop shooting at spiders to reload

>supcom2
uninstall that shit and go back to FA perfection.

>No SupCom 3 ever

I don't think any video game faction, except CORE and ARM can come even close in terms of overpowered.

>What happens?
SupCom wins every time unless you've just played TA or MuvLuv

No, they just need matter. The matter of that ship could be used as a resource.

Doesn't the vasari planet bomb just turn it into a deaf asteroid?
the commander's can absorb it and make shit out of it
On the other hand, we know nothing about supcom space stuff, but we can assume it's just as fucking ludicrous

The SupCom armies will completely wipe the floor when it comes to planetside combat, however there's no militarised space travel in the SupCom universe, they use teleporters to get from planet to planet, meaning the Imperial Navy just need to blow up the quantum gates and then wipe the stranded forces from orbit.

Tho they need to destroy it first

>Spoiler
as in a "All the BETAs in the universe vs Supcom Universe" or in a "1v1 fagget" basic?

>Vasari and SupCom units getting into an ouroboros of eating each others matter

I honestly don't even know what Chris is even doing anymore., nobody heard from them anything since Wargaming bought them

Second guess is not very far off, really

You can reclaim functioning units too, it's slower than just blowing them up tho.

Planetary annihilation is the only thing I could say that is more OP than supcom, just because it literally is a bootleg supcom with blowing up planets

>BETA vs ACU
How the hell would that work? Takeru in a SCU would be pretty fucking overpowered. Also I think Demonbane would wipe the floor with any of the SupCom factions.

You can capture it again immediately after stripping it to a Dead Asteroid and strip it again, it completely erases it.

A really nasty tactic for permenantly crippling enemy economies.

Other than is the wrong faction

All the BETAs of course. BETA is #1 overpowered faction without god-shit or stuff like that. It's simply impossible to exterminate them. I also have a headcanon theory that they evolve every time the hive gets destroyed

>SupCom universe versus the Total Annihilation universe
SupCom is completely, absolutely screwed to be honest.

ARM a shit

I doubt it's anything RTS related, unfortunately.
Which is a shame, since I like the SupCom style of RTS a lot.

Do you get mass/energy for absorbing functioning units?

The quantum gates can warp them any were they want with enough time enegy. By time the armada wipes a planet they will have 100s of planets already taken. over.

Oh shit that's glorious, I've only ever reduced them to dead asteroids, what's left after the 2nd purge?
Now with that in mind, I need to do a nomadic vasari loyalist game

Yes.

You get mass only

grey goo effect is preety much the worst thing that could happen in any universe

Good

2 is shit
FA is not as good as TA
TA in a modern engine would be too demanding with real time tracking on every weapon shot + weather cycles

I don't see the reason of buying GPG and then not using it in anything. They don't make tanks. They don't make games. What the fuck are they doing, they must have had a reason to acquire the studio.

they use teleportation through quantum gateways, so as long as they have access to one they can make a one way teleport with a Command unit to other planets (also works with space ships, but they dont use space ships when invading/defending)

Don't supcom engis have the ability to capture enemies too?

>Evangelion

Hmm...

That's assuming they have the full quantum gate network suddenly appear in the 40k universe. They're not the ancient eldar with their webway, they wouldn't be able to spring up a galaxy-wide network of gates in a surprise invasion.

UEF > Cybran rebel scum >>>>> Aeon freaks

POWERGAP

xenos

>Dwarf Fortress

Dorfs and other civilizations stand no chance, even if they resorted to breaching hell in order to release millions of demons to fight the SupCom armies

>we will never get an RTS with unit structural integrity
Even if it's cheep-o shit like in robocraft, watching two armies clash and see the survives struggle along with lost guns / movements options sounds glorious

dying light , nope not a chance here

Its also a steaming pile of ass because the dev, much to everyone utter surprise, dropped the game when the money flow slowed.

And its a real shame since it would be great with more unit options, removal of navy and some orbital gameplay.

true , they milked it and droped

Sword of the Stars

You can blow holes in ships and target each turret mount on the hull if you are autistic

>Tfw you're one of the 4 people in the world that like and still play the game
Man that new faction mod suuuure is nice...

>we will never get a chromehounds 2

Nothing, it turns it into an Asteroid Belt with whatever resources the Dead Asteroid had except they cant be used because theres no planet to colonize, and they don't count as neutral extractors. I assume the only reason they're still there is it's hard to program erasing resource asteroids so they're just made useless instead.

Combining it with a Kotsura Cannon to jump behind the enemy lines and obliterate an enemy planet then retreating before they can get a fleet there is fucking nasty, Vasari Rebels probably have the strongest faction ability in the game.

They need to take one planet, and suddenly they in theory have access to pretty much the whole observable galaxy
They do not need a end gate to make a jump

desu chromehounds sucked ass

They couldent even stop the tyrants coming into the galaxy. I don't think they would be able to deploy or detect them in time for them to get set up.

Who would be able to withstand any faction of the sc universe?

grey goo universe ?

SUPCOM
U
P
C
O
M

>fire emblem 7

>what say we open the dragon's gate and just hope for the best

given enough time i could see the goo adapt, it's basicly a sc faction without the need of a central command unit.

Other than the obvious supcom like games, endless space pre dust wars is a good candidate, considering the endless dominated the entire galaxy, and soaked just about every planet and such with smart networking nanomachines that could do whatever the endless desired

Where's my SupCom style EDF RTS game?

Artillery for the win

i dont know realy , grey goo absorbs any mass , maybe the commander can reclaim them

I go back and forth between fa and pa. Pas not bad but not great. The blowing planets up is pretty cool.

>Where's my SupCom style anygame

>EDF 4.1

>one guy with a rocket launcher destroys the UEF, Illuminate, Cybran, and own teammates

>Mechwarrior

Yeah, even if all the Clans and Inner Sphere factions combine it wouldn't really make a difference.

Any scenario up against these fucks would be one-sided.

fuck that shit!! Looks like victory to me!!

Yet they still win with inferior tech.

>basicly everyone is dead
WE DID GUYS
EDF EDF EDF
>next invasion begins

The EDF's idea of inferior tech is rocket launchers that are the equal in destructive power to artillery strikes, apparently
The high level weapons are just absurd

So the only way to beat them is to either be more technologically advanced, which there aren't many examples of, or be more absurdly overpowered in other areas where that advanced tech might not help?

I just played SupCom as based Seraphim

>hey guys we juryrigged up a supersoaker with one of the giant alien ants' acid sacs and got it to work
>hey guys we managed to scrap together a tank with one of those in-development orbital railguns we had lying around and were able to get 'er to not explode after every shot
>hey guys we somehow made a grenade that's basically an omnidirectional turret that fires about a thousand rounds a minute and can float in the air to make sure you don't waste any shots, and no we're not sure how the bullets fit in it
>hey guys it turns out that failed long-range lightning cannon we had makes for a great shotgun if you just slap a crossbow on the bitch
>hey guys we made a robot too big to wield conventional weaponry by accident so we slapped some jet engines on its shoulders and gave it bigger fists - now go punch mecha godzilla to death with it

The EDF are pretty much just more civilized orks

I suddenly feel strangely compelled to give EDF a try

>refer to explosion in the name of the god-emprah

Do it. You'll have a blast.

mean't to quote op

>That mission where a billion balams were called in
>Our air support dude kept calling in more as well
Holy shit that was such a glorious cluster fuck

Man I love that map. A real shame I got to play it multiplayer so few times and that the ai is so bad at it.
It's almost as good as Night Monastery.

Not to mention armor that can lethal damage multiple times and upgrades as they kill, fencer armor that somehow makes them able to smash into trucks and be ok, and weapons that evolve as they fight harder enemies.

What if the invaded game's universe has Demonbane?

Also the ability to ressurect people with their own health.

I thought the AI was alright... Though I'm not positive that this map is vanilla. I don't know if you realized but that is with the UA : THB mod. "Ultimate Apocalypse : The Hunt Begins". If you never tried that mod which also adds tyranids and daemon related faction as well as impressive ai and game play overhauls. Basically takes ss from lacking to outstanding.

No it's definitely not vanilla, but I think it I recall playing Winter Assault on it. If not that then definitely Dark Crusade. It has certainly been around a lot longer than the UA mod.

Vanilla/expansion w/e m8

Just read Luv and Hate, the units list is awesome

No that's not what I'm saying user. It's a user created map. That's why I have fond memories of it, because you had to go to so much exxtra effort to get it working in multiplayer because each player had to download and install the map properly before joining the lobby and half the time someone would join without having done that only to be kicked upon the start of the game because they didn't have the map and then ruining it for everyone else who waited thirty minutes in the lobby for it to fill.

Did the devs ever say what the Vasari are actually running from?

Personally I think it's either space squid cthulus since their empire was built around the galactic core or, more likely, Nanotechnology gone rampant since their shit is already nearly at the tier of that happening and the Vasari ingame are just a tiny splinter fleet.

>or, more likely, Nanotechnology gone rampant
The lore actually mentions the survivors of the Imperial Fleet comming back insane, so the squids are more likely

Nanosquids.

Maybe they are making a new TA similar to the MoO thing.

>supcom faction versus anything
supcom wins, end of thread

never realized how much i wanted mountain blade in the supcom universe until now

You know what's even scarier? Half their shit are derived from Ravager tech XCOM-style but they miniturise skyscraper guns with many times more firepower than their original alien weapons.

And they had to rebuild Earth from scorched earth each of the 4 times the Ravager invaded because the only Ravagers could have nearly defeat them is to come in exponential numbers, over 10 times the projected estimates of those hilarious Scientists dudes.