Boss encourages you to do better throughout the fight

>boss encourages you to do better throughout the fight
why weren't there more fights?

Holy shit those animations look awful

this, kinda

is OP posting furi? heard all good things but that looks pretty shallow and cheap.

My only complaint is that you can react to soon to blocking.
I really hate seeing that white thing and having to think "not yet fucker" every time. Not only that but it also makes it harder to properly time it which is frustrating.

it just looks "bad" because most of the animation is just all keyframes. hardly any inbetweens

yes, it's not deep but it's fun and challenging.
if you've played the Ys games, the overall design for combat and fights are pretty similar. they give you a few moves to work with, but you can use them in a variety of ways and the challenge comes from the boss design.

during that 3rd hit you recharge your weapon jump to him and one shot him, ending the phase with 1 hit...

Honestly, watching DSP rage quit made me want to try this game. It looks really fucking fun, but the price is too steep. From what I understand, there are only 11 or so bosses, correct?

man that protag kinda looks like the boktai guy

>tfw there will never be a new boktai bc modern gamers of all ages never go outside

I hit him before that too, but after charging your blade if you get hit it goes back to normal, also you're left open while charging it.
my guess would be maybe a couple less than that.

>Black version of Jack vs Sam

kek

>posting goty
My nigga. Great boss taste btw.

>TFW beating this guy on furier.

Really fun fight. If you're quick enough after parrying, you can get a quick strike in whenever he attacks. Speeds up the fight a bit.

Cool

just beat it yesterday on the normal mode, and I'm playing it again on normal to see how much of my winning was a fluke, before I move on to furier.
is there another difficulty mode you can unlock after furier?

it's 100% guarantee hit... what are you talking about, dodge the 2 red zones then right after you dodge the second you charge, meanwhile he charges his jump aoe hit you dodge inside the circle and one shot him. stop arguing I do it 100% of the time, phase 2 is a joke they should nerf this one hit kill desu

oh, I see what your saying. and yeah, I wish they had more times where the enemy would counter your chargeup. the first jailor does it, and so does that guy when he uses the oar.