Just replayed this. When are we getting a sequel? What can be improved?

Just replayed this. When are we getting a sequel? What can be improved?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6AV9W2ZdmjU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What can be improved?
Nothing really
Its perfect

Sold well, should be anytime.

>improved
Actually use the setting well, use places without raping everything about said places. Get rid of wraith form PLEASE

Less rehashed Nemesis missions, almost all side content is just generated Nemesis crap.

>What can be improved?
The gameplay.

youtube.com/watch?v=6AV9W2ZdmjU

making the enemies more difficult would be nice
> war chief , no problem
>caragorg , oh fuck

Destiny is pretty great, miss watching him play stuff.

And as much as I love the Arkham games the combat was always hilariously easy.

Combat can be more challenging

Make it about the first age

remove the open-world elements and replace the combat with Return of the King and you have an excellent game with great graphs

>In the middle of a three chief slamdown
>caragor struts the fuck up
OH SHI-
>Shadow mount
lol jk

I don't want a sequel. I just want a new movie based LoTR rpg. Am I alone here?

I am.

Where would you set it?

is it just me like normal sword attacks feel like hitting with a stick really

>What can be improved?
Just about everything.
The combat is worse than the Arkham games, there aren't any memorable areas that are designed well for stealth, the bow doesn't add a whole lot.

So just sort the combat out, sort the level design out and sort the story out and it could be good.

The best game I've ever played. And they can probably improve it by having an actual boss

t. 30 year old

I have never played a lotr game, I have read the books and watched the movies. What games do you recommend me?

none

Play the additional content. The sauron fight is bretty good

>toggleable sneak
>non-arkham combat
>writing
>voice Acting
>art design for the protagonists

I can name a few

Polish the combat, improve the level design and nemesis system. That's all they need to do and they'll have themselves a winner.

Theyd have to rework the entire thing desu. The arkham games and that combat style was never challenging at all. It's satisfying but so disgustingly easy.

How do you mean? I just wanna play through the movies again as The Fellowship.

This and Dying Light were both good games that still got on my naughty list in the end. I'm so damn tired of doing side missions, gathering power just for every important aspect of the game to reset me to the power level they want me to be. Like boss fights being pure quick time events or taking your weapons away. Etc etc. Unacceptable, no point running around doing all sortsa shit to power up if they game has no challenge for you to use that power on.

They bothered with a patch for PS4 Pro, so they are planing something.

Or else they wouldn't have spent money doing that.

Trash gameplay? Lack of difficulty? Bland grey and brown environment? QTE final boss? Shit story?

>QTE final boss

Someone didn't play the goty edition

>what can be improved
First and foremost, detach it from the LotR license so Tolkienfags can have their universe back mostly unmolested.

Increase the difficulty of the game exponentially. This is vital considering the best parts of the game only come to the fore when you're met with failure.

Reduce the overall power level of the main character, so that you are less capable of taking on countless hordes by yourself. By the end of the game there's no point in making use of brands and stealth, considering you're mostly invincible.

Vastly expand your branding powers so you have more ways to manipulate enemies; the idea is to make the player character less of an actual combatant, and more like a shadow puppeteer triggering wars from the shadows by covertly turning officers and captains and having them help you destroy the enemy from within.

The combat in this game is fun in an arcade-y way and reasonably well-animated, but frankly it's a disservice to the better parts of it. You shouldn't be fighting, you shouldn't be running through fortresses fighting dozens of orcs at the same time and winning, you should not be even capable of taking on the warchiefs in single combat unless it's literally 1x1 and even then it's a slim chance.

It's a great first game, with faults that could easily be ironed out by a sequel, if a sequel still behaved the way they were supposed to, i.e.: expanding and improving on the good ideas of the first installment.

I've actually been an advocate for no difficulty settings in games, as I feel players should just DEAL with the developer's vision.

but then I played Shadow of Mordor. now there's a game that could use a difficulty setting. It was so difficult to die that I really didn't get to experience the nemesis system. died once I think.

>actually changing your mind when faced with a substantial case for it
Sensible, user.

It's set in an alternate universe, nothing got molested. It was a new world based on Tolkien's one, not Tolkien's world wholesale.

That faggot's insufferable to listen to. Worse than DSP, now that takes a fucking feat to do.

Am I the only person that plays this like Pokemon with orcs? I've beaten the game but i occasionally boot it up, set up a warchief with some interesting bodyguards, and forward time a few times until someone could potentially contest them
Then I set them to battle and just watch. If the new warchief wins, he becomes the new leader and i pick out new bodyguards.

>What can be improved?

Add more characters with unique fighting styles.

Add in lewd elements and romancing options.

Throw in multiple mounts: Battle Cats, Nazgûl-birds, giant elephant things.

Expand the Nemesis system to include everyone from humans to animals so that all of your decisions change how the world reacts to you.

>ctrl+f
>no one's brought up the god awful rune system

it wouldn't have been so bad if some of those trailers didn't tout it as much as the Nemesis system, but runes were made completely useless by your own abilities and could be largely ignored.

I'm not sure if they should refine it or remove it completely

My idea was that you would be a Gondorian soldier or family technically that fights for Minas Tirith with the game taking place from Minas Tirith to Osgiliath, and then to Minas Morgul with the Witch King being the final boss. Ditch the wraith part so every time you die your son takes up your duty when he comes of age and pretty much keep everything else the same. The combat was fun and challenging in higher levels and not having a wraith form would make the player character overall weaker so the game would be more difficult and death would have heavier consequences. Placing it at Saurons height of power as opposed to his return would mean tougher armies and more huge battles with not just you.

>What can be improved?
Combat you ninnies

How would you improve it?
Or is it just bad because le bamham xD?

It's not getting a sequel, like Mad Max.
These are just contracted game, almost shovelware-tier.

Haven't played it in forever, what was wrong with wraith form?

>It's not getting a sequel, like Mad Max.
Thinking about this really bums me out. Despite a lack of any actual survival mechanics or an arena-style Thunderdome you can revisit to fight for scrap, it was a fucking fantastic Mad Max game.

NOT HAVING A GAY BAMHAM MINDLESS NORMIE COMBAY SYSTEM WOULD BE NICE

the story could be improved from generic >muh family is kill revenge plot to almost anything else.

Gameplay-wise? In certain missions don't restrict the player to a confined space and allow them to do what they want more.