Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fgrLWyQ45kw
youtube.com/watch?v=hc9-z0mUlEA
youtube.com/watch?v=i2nuHEGhwiw
youtube.com/watch?v=tVylTfkDP5c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>junji ito was working on this

It will never stop hurting

Why have you re-opened the wound, OP? Why?

Fuck this. Why. Our dimension sucks. I want to experience the masterpiece that it could have been. Konami pulled a Twilight Zone worth with this one. Tease and deny. Damn. We got cucked

>Incomplete game
>That was supposed to be nothing like the demo
>And that we knew nothing about except for the two big names working on it

>silent hill turns into youtube jumpscare shit
everyone acts like its the shit because of kojima
>resident evil does it
everyone hates it

The jumpscares were on the spot while in other games they are a fuckton of them.

Can I emulate this?

"I've never been played resident evil!!"

youtube.com/watch?v=fgrLWyQ45kw

haha

>I've never been played resident evil
user are you ok

>tfw you still have it installed

>P.T does it perfectly and complex
>RE rips off TCM low effort everything
>acts like theyre the same le first person
Faggot

hypothetically speaking, if my PS4 was in mint condition, had P.T. on it AND was signed by Norman Reedus, how much could I sell it for

I can do about three fifty

>resident evil does it
>everyone hates it
I'm not surprised. As for RE6 the series had nothing to do with horror, it was mostly a superhero videogame. Now they're adding horror again and people went bananas.
I got some hope when they announced RE7 but then they said it's not going to be like the demos. I'ts like a curse.

Just P.T alone changes the PS4 from a $300 console to anywhere between $600 and $1000 looking at ebay prices

That's because that formula actually fit Silent Hill.

It's would've been shit and you know it

>junji ito was working on this
And things like this will never happen again
FUCK YOU KONAMI

>Thinking SH and RE are the same thing

Don't you need to leave the account activated / signed in though?

I've got a PS4 with a 2TB hard drive in it that has P.T.

>P.T does it perfectly and complex

It's ONE FUCKING HALLWAY with spooky ghost coming at you. There's no gameplay besides walking and waiting for door to open. There's one "puzzle" which requires pixel hunting and knowing several different languages. What's so fucking great about it?

>inb4 the final game would be different

Then why do you love it so much, if it's not even what you want?

It hurts doesn't it.

Do not worry OP. Death Stranding is in fact Silent Hills.

youtube.com/watch?v=hc9-z0mUlEA

Mad lad :^)
No one gives a fuck

I want to see Konami burn to the ground

>Kojima is like 80 years old
Gah dam

Kojimadrones aka Cred Forums

How is it possible that a free fucking demo has been the only game that has jumpscared me to date?

I loved it. I'll never forgive Konami for shitcanning it.

This shit, man.
Fuckin' Junji Ito. It would have been amazing.

>Junji Ito
>Del Toro
>Kojima

It hurts, Cred Forums. What it could've been.

>People still thinking P.T. was representative of what Silent Hills would have been, despite the fact they mo-capped Norman Reedus

They're friends aren't they? Maybe they'll make something together someday.

>missing the fact that Akira Yamaoka was also heavily considering returning to compose for the OST

>tfw installed P.T. a few weeks ago via proxy
By the way, I thought Kojima got Del Toro on board for Death Stranding. I'm sure getting Junji Ito wouldn't be too hard.

It would have been the second coming of christ the horror genre needs or the biggest nail in the coffin

Pic related

Silent Hills would've seriously been the best Silent Hill yet, surpassing 2 as the best one. Konami would've had a golden goose on their hands.

I just dont understand japanese companies sometimes.

PT PS4 prices dropped dramatically after people found about being able to redownload it. Even then, most of them get pulled by Ebay if they get reported.

My heart can't take it

THIS.
GODDAMN IT THE PAIN.

The game looked SO FUCKING GOOD.
Lets hope this new resident evil will do something for the genre

>ps4 exclusive

nothing of value was lost.

Honestly I'm glad it didn't happen. Silent Hill doesn't need more games beyond the first three.

It's better as an original game.

>B-b-but it's just a demo

>Kojima
>Del Toro
>Ito
>Yamaoka (Possibly)

All that was left was to dig up what remains of Team Silent

>he game looked SO FUCKING GOOD.
But we never saw the game
It was explicitly stated that PT had nothing to do with Silent Hills, and that Silent Hills would play nothing like PT. It was purely a teaser. Hell, even the trailer released after PT was purely a concept trailer.

P.T. is death stranding you double nu-nigger, why the fuck do you think Del Toro is working with kojima and Norman is starring in it

DS is an action game though.

>have no PS4
>still get PT from the PS store website before it gets removed
>find out I won't be able to redownload it despite owning it
>finally have a PS4
>eventually hear about the proxy bypass to redownload
Which won't get you banned, no one was banned
>start downloading the game
>get excited to be able to experience it
>playing it
>2spooky2play

Why did you bring up silent hills? I meant PT looked amazing and I implied the fact it would not be elaborated on (using the game as a springboard for anything related to it in any way) is a tragedy for the horror genre. Complimented with great puzzles btw

Butthurt aka Cred Forums
Kojima God

Pls stop. I didn't know this feel until today.
How do I un-feel Cred Forums?

Yeah that's what I want from a Silent Hill game, Norman Reedus shitting out a baby and crying because his ass hurts.

I can imagine some stuff.

>Konami had this huge jackpot right in there hands
>throw it away
>make metal gear pachinko

I do not fucking understand what the business meeting could have been.

Don't even say money because they missed out on one of the biggest money piles you could get.

The pain of it all is too much to bear.
Years before P.T. even happened I literally dreamed of Kojima and Ito working together on Silent Hill. It was my literal dream and it could have come true, it was about to...

why the FUCK would let her live?

Ask Norman.

I never noticed before how my C: drive looks like a man with a fat nose and a unibrow.

You know what you must do. You must go on a quest to reunite them and accumulate the funds for them to create Silent Hills.
You can't let your dream go to waste.

Would you support a Kojima+Junji+Toro Kickstarter?

>biggest money piles

It would have probably been a great game but let's be real, normies don't know/like Silent Hill so it wouldn't make huge amounts of money.

If it's actually managed well, sure. But I believe there would be problems with copyrights and shit like that.

I'd give them my entire bank account and then kill myself just so the world could have it even if I couldn't.

>Kojima starts a Kickstarter for an original horror game
>Konami sues him for no reason other than to drag him through legalities until he gets bored and says "fuck it"

How would you feel?

>b-ut I'm a contrarian!

>death stranding
;^)

P.T. had enormous exposure from normies/cam YTers so it's safe to assume Silent Hills would've been a huge success if it followed the same formula as the demo.

I don't even like scary games but I absolutely HAD to experience P.T.

>Kojimadrones still exist after MGSV

Can't wait til Death Stranding is a gigantic, pretentious spiral loop mess of a game like the trailers make it out to be.

I want to leave this timeline

Cheer up guys, Death Stranding is on it's way.

youtube.com/watch?v=i2nuHEGhwiw

>Reminder that Del Toro said that he just gave up on videogames after this as every single try of making one ended this way
this was our last chance to get something like this, it won't happen again

>if it followed the same formula as the demo.
it wouldn't have. kojima and del toro said PT was supposed to be sort of making fun of indie horror walking sims, and was purposely made crappy so people wouldn't expect much. funny it kind of backfired though. PT really wasn't made to represent silent hills at all

So do people actually buy ps4s with PT on them for a premium?

He's back though. Pic related.

I don't remember if it was supposed to be third person or first person but if it was the latter, it would definitely follow a similar formula to P.T. At least according to the concept vid:

youtube.com/watch?v=tVylTfkDP5c

It's been used and I'm not sure if there's a market for this sort of things.
Let me ask a buddy of mine to come in and check if the signature is authentic.

i end up nursing a semi every time i think of it

in 20 fucking 20

If anything else has disappointed me is Kojima having to abandon the Fox Engine.

since there is no agreement, what happens if your account gets banned in any way?
can they make a dispute?

Let me get my Julius Belmont game first user

>tfw I got it on 3 accounts
>can't remember the emails
Oh well
You all have it anyways r-right?

>tfw didn't have a PS4 when PT was released
>tfw PT was removed before I got a PS4
>tfw I wasted money on a Bloodborne machine and still have no way of getting PT
Fuck this piece of shit console and fuck Konami.

It wasn't a demo

I remembered this

PT wasn't Silent Hills. PT was a stand alone game to unlock a teaser. PT was done and we never got to see Silent Hills.

it's partially why i'm doubtful of it. because the concept movie is just "series of totally random spooky things in first person" which seems like a very, very cheap concept, and goes along with what they had said about sort of making fun of stuff. that is, if we assume PT and the concept video are just their own things and are only tangentially related to silent hills.
but at the same time, at the end of that concept video, it says "silent hills" and at the end of PT it says "silent hills playable teaser" (while also saying there's no direct relation to the main title).
it just comes across as strange to me that a designer like kojima would suddenly make something so linear and mechanic-less, relying almost entirely on art and sound and leaving game design very bare.
with how he has designed games throughout his career and how he said PT was supposed to be crappy, and be a misleading decoy, i find it hard to believe silent hills would have been very similar outside art and sound quality

>Game devs keep making endless shitty """successors""" to P.T. via walking simulators
>No one makes a Silent Hill spiritual successor
I don't understand this meme

PT clones take zero effort

>yfw there will never be Silent Hill themed Dark Souls mix

lots of people make silent hill spiritual successors

This is Toko and I'd like to say that I'm best mod. Way better than that Phos asshole.

Release date could be this year

could have been*

I remember watching a playthrough (a good, non-commentary one) shortly after release and almost shit myself. I've never encountered a game that has that omnipresent feeling of just crushing tension. The feeling that you don't want to play because you know something bad is going to happen, but you still want to know what that is.

I got my PS4 about a month ago and finding out there was a workaround to download PT if you'd added it to your account (I snagged it just before it was pulled) was a great and terrible thing. I played it for about 20 minutes, got to the swinging fridge part and nope'd the fuck out of there. I haven't played it since and I'm perfectly okay with that.

Even though P.T. was linear and a literal corridor it was still effective cause it was seemingly random. There's still no clear way of completing the demo and I haven't done so either. Which makes it more unnerving as you're forced to repeat the loop and listen to the creepy as fuck sounds over and over again. They probably thought of a way to make players feel insanity in some measure and it worked pretty well.

This whole design idea was probably what Kojima had in mind for Silent Hills but with a larger (but still confined) game space as seen in the concept vid. I honestly think it would've had great potential as players would be scrambling to figure out a solution to beat the game all while each playthrough would be random and unique in a way.

Hell, we can already see these sorts of discussions with the new RE7. Like what the mannequin finger in the demo does and shit..

Its just not the same.
Death Stranding might be pretty good, but the whole time I will be playing it I will still be thinking about what the game SHOULD have been.
I'm still clinging to the sad delusion that this is all a big ruse and that Death Stranding is just Silent Hills in disguise like what they did with MGSV's announcement.

Fairly certain Silent Hills was going to be Third Person like the other games.
P.T. was just a teaser and likely not in any way an actual representation of the gameplay we would've seen.