Want to (re)play KotOR 1

>want to (re)play KotOR 1
>remember that you can only be goody two shoes or comical caricature of evilness

life is suffering

>implying it's any different in Kotor 2

They spend a lot of time talking about grey jedi and how thinking in extremes is wrong, yet the choices you get to make are exactly that.

>remember that you can only be goody two shoes or comical caricature of evilness
Ok, we get it, you're a star trek guy.
>hurr durr muh moral ambiguity

Kotor 1 still does grey jedi better.

>want to replay KotOR
>remember that you have to use a lightsaber to have a viable build

Why can't there be one fucking game where I can be a blaster wielding Jedi?

You just described all of Star Wars. Jedi are either mostly perfect or they murder orphans for no reason other than muh dark side.

is this any better in kotor 2?

i quit kotor because i could only be a goody two shoes paladin type (my pref) but their powers are boring as hell or evil for the cool powers. but evil wasnt evil. it was petty.

Stealth and guns is actually super viable.
But in general it wouldn't be a game about jedi knights if you weren't expected to be a real lightsaber wielding jedi.
There's like 2 "grey jedi" moments but they only serve to show you that all of your decisions are wrong and don't really matter.
The rest of the game is standard light vs dark.

No, I just like to be able to play an evil character without it turning into a caricature. Most of the evil options are edgelord fanfic tier. Especially when you find out you are Revan and everywhere you go "BEHOLD! I AM THE DARK LORD! BOW BEFORE ME, WORM! HO HO HO!" And even before that, it's just as bad.
>beggar asks for 5 credits
>option A: Here you go, poor man.
>option B: I WILL KILL YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMILY!

Most evil choices are chaotic (stupid) evil choices.

You can be a gun wizard in KotOR 2

yea but are the dark bits actually dark?

not using mind powers to get a bit of cash i will never need. i want to murder people for slighting me.

if im gonna go evil i gotta go all the way or what is the point

The good/bad thing is so fucked up in these games precisely because a bad character isn't always going to announce everything at face value

The bad character should have options that are outright lies or are subversive

eg. yes I will let them go right now [in brackets>>"lie, kill them "]

you need to be able to say one thing wile doing another if you are going to be playing an actual bad chatacter

>yea but are the dark bits actually dark?
No, it's always the most incoherent bullshit, none of the dark-side villians make any sense, and there's no real reason for you to go dark-side because 2/3rds of all decisions result in a light-side conclusion regardless.

Heh, there's even a comment you can make in KotOR 2 to your mentor about how you are frustrated that you have to commit petty actions and do busywork for others.

Anyhow, I do consider 2 better than 1 in this regard. The dark side path is well written.

lme thanks

there are plenty of lying options in the games, shit like "I'll help you" [Lie]

I never really liked kotor 1 and 2 just because your decisions didn't really mean shit.
The only decision I remember across both games was going dark side because otherwise you'd lose your waifu in kotor1. That was it, everything else was just "(dark side) fuck you I'll do it because I do what I want" "(light side) I'll do it, but not for me, for everyone else!" bullshit where you get railroaded down the same path every time.

There is literally an option to not give him credits without being a psychotic asshole.

That makes you neutral and doesn't earn you dark side points.

>want to replay KoTOR 2
>remember that you can't prestige unless you pick light or dark despite Kreia non-stop rambling about grey Jedi bullshit

kill me

Playing through KOTOR (again) right now and the dialogue is simplistic and cringey as fuck. Please tell me Obisidian did a better job than Bioware on the dialogue and choices.

I'm gonna start II once I'm done with the game, I'm on the last star map.

dialogue is way better but ultimately choices are still:
>good boy cuck
or
>twisted fucking psychopath

I loved his story on the guy who had his head stuck up his ass about how important he was based on how the force whirled around him like a storm.

And his destiny was to get clogged in an exhaust valve or some shit in a deathstar wannabe ship, and thereby topple an evil empire.

That's Bioware games in general. They can't into subtlety.

Manaan had the absolute WORST end for a story quest I have ever seen. Also the Starforge is a terrible motive go darkside considering it will kill you and all life.

>Please tell me Obisidian did a better job than Bioware on the dialogue and choices.
Not really.

>still no mod to rectify this
It hurts.

One of you is lying.

>tfw, best girl is no longer canon.

Dialog is slightly better but decisions are slightly more meaningless.

Friendly reminder that SWTOR exists and butchered Revan

I don't even know what that is, should I be mad?

he dies in a 5 man dungeon

How old was Revan when he entered the Mandalorian Wars?

Old enough to fuck shit it, I guess.

One of the SWTOR novels butchered him, the game just mutilates the corpse. Fuck that novel, seriously.