What were they thinking. 1-10 how bad did they fuck themselves

what were they thinking. 1-10 how bad did they fuck themselves.

ign.com/articles/2016/09/21/microsoft-talks-difference-in-power-between-ps4-pro-and-scorpio

arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2016/09/ps4-hdr-no-games-media-useless/

Other urls found in this thread:

pcbuildsonabudget.com/700-dollar-gaming-pc-build-2016
ign.com/articles/2016/09/21/microsoft-talks-difference-in-power-between-ps4-pro-and-scorpio
insomniacgames.com/how-much-does-framerate-matter/
mashable.com/2016/09/03/cheap-8k-tvs-are-coming-chinese-brands/#i43t0WwNPZqn
youtube.com/watch?v=FGBlwdkHWFs
arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2016/09/ps4-hdr-no-games-media-useless/
twitter.com/id_aa_carmack/status/436012673243693056
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

console users don't even know what 4k is

so you think people are so dumb they just don't care? i mean they basically made a console that does nothing different.

This is why the scorpio will beat the shit out of the pro

We already know it having 12gb vram will absolutely shit on the pro in comparisons and it will have fare more native 4k games

You will see titles like halo looking a gen ahead of whatever sony can shit on on the poopstation prolapse

wow no shit, I'm assuming a lot of games will be rendering at around 1440p then upscaled

>tfw I'm getting it for 1080p performance mode

>"any games we're making that we're launching in the Scorpio time frame, we're making sure they can natively render at 4K.
They're making their launch titles 4K. no promises about later games.

Also, yfw you realize 399 and true 4k don't match up, native 4K cards are 300$

Don't give Sony your Mony

>so you think console users are so dumb they just don't care?
FTFY

Yes.

>no promises about later games.
obviously that's something moving forward you retard. the idea is to launch at 4K from the beginning and not do whats happening with Horizon where the game is upscaled

The masses might care but I doubbt gamers give a shit. Exclusives are the only pull a console has and Microsoft has none that interest me. Give me 60fps and 1080p and I'll be happy.

Whats the difference?

try 1080p and upscaled buddy

>so you think people are so dumb they just don't care?
That is literally how most of human civilization works.

are you familiar with audio compression? if you have a 96kbps mp3 you cant make it 320kbps because the data is already missing. its like if you took a 1080p screenshot and blew it up in paint 100 percent in size, that is upscaled 4k

this, don't know where some of these guys are getting 1440p from

Why do people keep saying 1080? That's plain out not true

Im an absolute pleb when it comes to graphixx thats why Im asking, will people with no 4k TVs even be able to tell the difference of native vs upscaled?

>comparing 9th gen xbox with 8th gen ps4
I dont get it

yes, do you not understand how consumers work?

My assumption is, that by the time 4k is common place, we'll have already moved past this console generation and its iterations.

if you don't have a 4K TV it won't upscale to 4K, it'll just stay 1080p.

If you don't have a 4K TV the difference is going to be negligible. Some games will render at above 1080 and scale down for antialiasing, and some will improve graphical effects and framerates.

it was an example

you won't notice either at all unless you have a 4k tv so most people aren't affected, this stunt was to probably sell the sony 4k tvs since nobody has one

This shouldn't even be a thread. Anyone that isn't retarded should know no console will be able to play games natively at 4k.

>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who engage in pointless console war bullshit when every console is a money grubbing bag of dicks at this point
>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who are going to shell out the monetary equivalent of the console they already own so they can waggle their e-peens in other's faces over their slight graphical upgrade

You people don't even really like video games, do you?

are you guys dumb consumers who'd blindly purchase the new thing because it's new? do you guys buy iphones every year?

Isnt the point of the pro to sell VR?

No one cares about 4k

If they can guarantee a 1080p 60/30 FPS constant for all games on PS4 Pro then I'm sold. That's all I ever wanted from a console really.

>$100 more for a massive upgrade
>$50 more than the original ps4 was 2 weeks ago

yea they didnt fuck themselves at all. this move is brilliant.

yes but you can't justify spending $800+ for the most subpar VR experience so they're marketing for the PC 4K audience.

>400 for new shitty console
>2500 for a decent 4k TV

console gaming just got a whole lot cheaper!

Oh yeah they did say something like wanting to take back PC gamers
How delusional can they be

you should work on your reading comprehension skills

>No one cares about 4k
>People care about VR

Makes fuck all difference, way too late and it will be way too expensive. Most powerful console rarely wins the gen. XBox and GC for example were way stronger than PS2 but didn't touch it in sales. Furthermore hardly anybody has a 4KTV and in a year's time this won't be much different. Nobody is gonna buy a 4KTV just to play on Scorpio either.

Consumers play where their friends are and everybody's already on the PS4 anyway. In a year's time with the PS4 Pro's release this lead will be even greater. The Scorpio will probably get about the same success the original XBox did: fuck all.

>ps4 owners will spend 700 dollars for a 1080p machine
>when thats how much a 1080p machine for pc costs
if money wasn't even a problem why the fuck are they on ps4?

Talking about the average consumer here.
VR is an easier sell

are you not a consumer as well. you said the consumers are dumb, i'm asking are you a dumb consumer as well.

What build costs only 700 dollars and can do AAA graphics at 1080p and 30 or 60 fps?

you would get 1080p 60 fps on ultra with this build
pcbuildsonabudget.com/700-dollar-gaming-pc-build-2016

the focus on graphics and appearance over quality content is whats destroying this industry.

i'll take vr over 4k

Nice save.

>put it together yourself
Nevermind. I'll pass.

it's not really a save i was asking initially that but i guess my wording was wrong. any way my point is that i understand customers are generalized to be blind sheeple but sometimes even the blind sheeple can smell a bad deal in front of them.

This

Also people forget that only kids on message boards and pc gamers care about power, consoles live and die on their games and in that sense microsoft is fucked.

I said console users are dumb.

I am not a console user.

I've been playing video games since 1984. I play most of my games on PC, but I own a ps4 as well. I couldn't care less about 4K. The only thing I use the PS4 for is exclusives; I honestly couldn't give a shit if games like Bloodborne are 4K or not.

it isn't as bad as people say, it is quite enjoyable even once youve figured out how simple it can be

>Also people forget that only kids on message boards and pc gamers care about power, consoles live and die on their games and in that sense microsoft is fucked.
in fairness sony arent really bringing the games either. a bit better than microshaft sure but this whole gen has been fucking lame for everyone

sony are just in the move game business now. all their big upcoming exclusives are movie games. it's sad. I'm really pissed at what they've done to fucking god of war.

>dat RAM

but i know what 4k mean
the fact is that i'm not a console player.

*movie

This is an industry where the content producers are constantly lying deceiving and misleading consumers and they still manage to get the consumers to defend them when they do it, do you really think people AREN'T that dumb?

How badly will I regret not waiting for a 1080ti if I plan on building a PC in November with a 1080?

I have no problem swapping out parts. It's the from scratch part that scares me.

is it a fact that there'll be 1080p60, 1080p30 and 4k in all pro games? i find that really unlikely

"we can make another ps4 in two years with actual 4k!"

Are you 12?
Because that's the kind of "GOTCHA!" shit 12 year olds like to pull.

>any normie (which makes up 90% of console purchasers) gives a shit about resolution

God these thread are annoying in their insignificance.

That was always going to be the case.

Like, NO publisher is ever going to go "yo lets make this game, but lets also make a bunch of shit the majority of the userbase can't use" It'll be the same on scorpio.

>massive upgrade

The GPU might be better but they're still using the trash Polaris CPU that will bottleneck the shit out of performance

>ign.com/articles/2016/09/21/microsoft-talks-difference-in-power-between-ps4-pro-and-scorpio

Because banking on the 4K meme is a waste of time, most people don't even know what 4K is and what it looks like, and everyone who knows their shit also knows that there is no way in hell a $400 machine is going to run modern games in native 4K resolution.

MS is actually banking everything on people who want the strongest hardware, but if it is true that they are aiming for native 4K resolution , then it means their machine is going to be very expensive, it might become the new five hundred ninety nine dollars and flop super hard.

Meanwhile the pro is affordable and does what one could even expect from this console gen, run games in 1080p at 30 or 60 fps with no performance dips.

yeah but even their exclusives aren't up to par. at least scorpio's exclusives will be.

What resolution?

Probably not all games but Tomb Raider is the flagship for the options and is pretty normie tier so it may become standard due to the mainstream expecting it. At the very least there will be graphic enhancements though so that's something.

HAHAHA SONYGGERS BTFO

>most
Good word for ALL.
I think the only true 4k games will be somekind of pixel indie games.

How the fuck are they marketing this thing? I mean why would a normie want this shit in the first place over the normal ps4?
If i told a normie, "it displays 4k and HDR with better performance" they wouldn't understand shit.
even the Xbone s makes more sense to me

how is it a 1080p machine if most of the games will do 1440p or above and upscale? its only a 1080p machine if you have a 1080p monitor, then it just uses 1080p mode and maxes out framerate and graphics instead.

who /consolewarz/ here?

I didn't know dick when I built my rig "from scratch" 2 years ago.

All it took was 2-3 hours with a screwdriver and video tutorials and before I knew it I had a running PC.

Parts go together surprisingly easily and you really have to fuck up in order to actually break something

>bought a PS4 slim for my 1080p TV just the other day

I figured games wouldn't just magically output to 4K on the Pro. Saved a heap of money on the console and the TV.

an r9 480 is capable of true 4k, that doesn't mean anything. its a 1080p machine because most people aren't going to use it for anything more

what did he mean by this?

Why didn't you just buy a Pro, you'd get increased framerate for games and they'd still look marginally better.

Instead you just bought a regular ass PS4, that eventually games are gonna run like shit on because everyone develops with the Pro in mind.

scorpio will probably launch between $500 and $600. Another reason why nobody will care.

>instead of the new consoles upgrading majority of the 1080p users to 60 fps, they instead focus on the small nit audience with "muh 4k 30 fps"
>alienates every other user
>new consoles are still 30 fps 1080p despite more power
>oh, we can't have parity between the new and old consoles xD

fuck this gay earth

>I think the only true 4k games will be somekind of pixel indie games.
eh, no reason why a game like the RE4 remaster couldn't be 4K on the pro for example.

Normalfags are already jumping on the Scorpio bandwagon due to Bethesda mod support and 4k Blu-Rays. They're actually pretty upset with Sony over this.

DELETE THIS

they do not seem like they are, but they do not constitute the majority of humanity.
I bit.

I don't think the difference will be that significant.

>2-3 hours
Yeah, it's definitely not for me. Ram is already a pain in the ass to swap and installing drivers drives me up the walls. I'll manage with prebuilts and go from there.

Uh, okay I'm just gonna ask you something, completely serious here. I'm not joking around when I ask you this okay? I don't mean to belittle you in any way I promise and assure you.

Are you legitimately slow to not know that is exactly what has been happening for more than a decade now in the video game industry?

Actually, second question. How old are you? You cannot be more than maybe 16 or so. It's actually impossible.

there is no constant. If you are pulling 60 fps it will drop frames and not always because of hardware. 30 fps is a slideshow. For me a game has a sweet spot of 70fps, so even when the frames inevitable drop it is unnoticeable for the most part. going under 60 is extremely noticeable for me.

I went PS4 this gen over Xbone, if it breaks, I'll just buy another OG PS4 (unless xbox really get their shit together with scorpio)
There's literally no reason I can see to pay more for this thing.

>instead of the new consoles upgrading majority of the 1080p users to 60 fps, they instead focus on the small nit audience with "muh 4k 30 fps"
Yeah, this seems excessively retarded. 4K TVs really don't seem to have caught on all too much, so why the fuck are they trying so hard to go for "4K" games on a fucking console when improving frame rate and graphics quality while actually rendering at native 1080p would've been much nicer and most noticeable for everyone?

old PS4 isn't capable of outputting 4K media and streaming services have their HDR tied to 4K so old ps4 and slim ps4 don't have HDR streaming because they don't have 4K streaming.

not sure if either has HDR in games but according to the article the ones that do do it poorly

Oh yeah they must be, specially before knowing its price.

I'd imagine it would. Graphically, probably not considering most don't have a 4K TV anyways. But lets look at Bloodborne for instance, there are times it drops to 20 FPS, but the Pro could keep it at say 30 FPS for instance.

Its a little difference, but it does matter in the end. Better lighting and foliage effects too, you can see it partly in the Kingdom Hearts 2.8 trailer due to some of the lighting differences between two identical lighting scenes. It is a jump, but only slightly.

>Sony lost
No.

NO.

This isn't happening. This can't be fucking happening. This was supposed to be our victory. We deserved this, and then Microsoft comes and ruins it all. Why? Why is this happening? Haven't we been good supporters of Sony? Haven't we been loyal to them and given them everything we have? How did Sony let Microsoft get the upper hand now? This isn't fair. Sony fucking blew it. This was OUR MOMENT, when the xbots and nintendrones were supposed to be blown the fuck out once and for all so we can enter Sony's glorious golden age of gaming. Sonybros...what do we do now? How can we go on, knowing that Sony missed their chance to save gaming? I'm physically shaking right now. What the fuck do we do?

i mentioned before, sony is a technology company, they still make speakers among other shit, but they also make 4k tvs which is most important. this would give consumers a reason to spend 2000 dollars for a fucking tv meaning in the end, they are pushing for a change in the industry and trying to make sony a household brand again

This but expect MS marketing department to school them on the matter, it's going to be the new Blast Processing.

Friendly reminder that the Pro is jew tactics.

Do what you always do.

Shitpost, loudly.

Don't worry, the new MS trash won't have 4k at 60 either.

You will never get that from a console.

Guaranteed 100% constant frame rate on a console, much less all games on it, is literally never going to happen on new stuff.

I just want you to know that I appreciate what you do, user. I really do.

what's the point of 4k? less jaggies/slightly clearer image? I can't see that making that big of a difference for me. I don't even want 4k on my pc, I'd rather have higher performance and there are games coming out that you can't even max the settings on without getting some minor slowdown as it is.

They heard that so many ppl like getting cucked now that they implemented it as a feature for you sonyggers.

So this.. is the power of... HDR

1080p 144hz

This. Most normies thought ps3 was native 1080p

How about they make a piece of technology that will run games better instead of just aiming for graphical quality?

Sony fans pretending to be Sony Falseflaggers are truly the worst.

What's the real world difference between being actual 4K and being ~2K with AA?
Unless you sit at one meter from the screen and use a magnifying glass you won't notice.

I mean native 4K is great and all, but considering how much you have to spend on a PC capable of doing current games even at 30FPS, it's not worth it.
>mfw Scorpio gets meme'd with 999 US DOLLARS

Ps4 pleb makes everything look better.
Adding bloom or making things extremely fucking dark in order to obscure your graphics so people give it the benefit of the doubt and pretend it looks good doesn't actually make it look good.

>What's the real world difference between being actual 4K and being ~2K with AA?
Its going to look blurry as fuck on the 4k screen

its the same shit with 720p being upscaled to 1080 with a lot of the games that the PS3 and Xbox360 had.

1080p is good enough for all but the richest crowd.
The thing is, console users are continuously kept in the illusion that their toys are as powerful as the more expensive PCs. If PC gets 4K, consoles need 4K. Even if 4K only makes sense if you're sitting right in front of a monitor, instead of 4K on a TV screen across the room, consoles still need it because all 3 console developers are scared of the illusion breaking and console plebs realizing just how weak their machines are.

It's easy to fake 4K with upsampling. Technically the console is outputting 4K resolution, that's all you need. It's impossible to fake 60 fps, which is actually what would be a much bigger improvement.

because they are trying to push their other agendas. you think people know what upscaled means? fuck no, youll get dudebros with disposable income who see 4k, maybe google it, see a big number, go down to walmart, see sony on a 4k tv and think "woah bro best experience imagine watching football on this thing from 10 feet away!!". there is economically no reason to make a better machine, idiots will buy it

>Loved the ps2 (first gaming console, my family was finally able to afford entertainment at this point in time.)
>Loved the ps3.
>Semi okay with the Ps4, don't pay for online features.
>This happens.
Maybe I'll just save up for a better PC...

because then they would be selling computers that cant do internet or email.

I honestly don't see the reason to buy a ps4 pro when I already have a ps4.

Greater pixel density is the best way to avoid jaggies, yes. The image is much sharper, it really does look much better if you sit close enough to appreciate the detail. No AA method on a lower DPI screen will get close to how nice 4K with no AA at all looks. It's a top-end thing though, there's no point in using 4K if you have to murder every other image quality setting to get there.

Not at all.

When Microsoft released the 360 Sony were talking about how their console was the true HD gaming machine and they wanted people to wait the extra year for the more powerful ps3.
How did that turn out?

Now, Microsoft is talking about how the Scorpio is the true UHD machine and people should wait an extra year for it...

Normies don't give a fuck if it's native 4k or not, if it says 4k on the box they'll buy it in droves.

>Maybe I'll just save up for a better PC...
Do it but dont go into PS4 threads begging for games.

Nigga u bitch.

It ain't even that hard to do. My first rig took an hour to do.

They were thinking:

"The entire console industry is based off of the ignorance and stupidity of the consumer, lets release a new product in our line that will further take advantage of this concept. Throw out a bunch of words that the lowest common denominator will think means something"

but i cant play nioh or bloodborne on the xbone

I thought the same thing when it was 480p vs 720p

Higher resolution is just better.
The image is sharper, you can make out distant objects/details much better, less jaggies, and you can act superior over lower resolution plebs.

They bought nogames PS4s blindly, what makes them think they wont do it again?

yeah, sounds like something that isn't quite ready yet, but would make sense to get in a year or two when graphics cards have improved enough. Sorta like VR and the lack of software. I will never get 4k for ps4 though, just seems retarded to pay that much for something you may not even notice at normal viewing distance.

basically its just there so that the games output is formatted to fit the screen. Up scaling does not improve image quality whatsoever. what it does do is kick off the indicator on your tv that you are in fact in a 4k resolution to make you fgeel better about buying one.

4K is a meme

>and some will improve graphical effects and framerates.
If the developers of said game want to go back and make those improvements. It doesn't improve anything out of the box unless you have a 4K TV or its a new game that's rendering above 1080p.

Why does everyone think it automatically makes old games perform better?

4K on PC is just fine, it's just expensive compared to what's "normally" required for 1080p. There's no way it wouldn't be fine though, it's just another 16:9 resolution in the end.

>admits
This was common knowledge. If you want native 4k gaming, pay $1000 and build a rig, or buy the scorpio next year for 900.

True my nigga. I may be, but I'm only slightly better than the average PC consumer and user. At least I know what to do. Can you say the same for your friends and family?

*the best

If you prefer 60fps+ for singleplayer and 120fps+ for multiplayer... well, are there even 4k 144hz monitors?

This. say what you will but Sony isn't retarded they didn't fuck themselves at all if anything they are geniuses in a business sense. A vast majority of console players barely have an understanding of what any of these terms mean. So instead of funneling a ton of money into development of new tech they took the shortcut and will still make a ton of money off the unknowing masses. Yes, no one on Cred Forums is gonna buy this shit but we are 1,000 against the 1,000,000 of these sony will sell this holiday season

There aren't any, not yet.

people are going to use it to play higher res versions of the games on their 4k tvs. by the way, 2 launch games are native 4k (last of remake and skyrim remake)

you don't need higher than a 60hz monitor to see more than 60 fps. i don't know how this meme makes sense, if you play quake live on a 60hz monitor at 60 fps it will look and feel choppy, but if you play it at 125 it will look much smoother and your inputs register 2 times as accurately

4k is just a gimmick. No one has equipment to use it, and won't for a long time.

It may look like Microsoft has the advantage now, but it depends on how it plays out. If Sony play their cards right, we could end up with Microsoft being expensive niche, while Sony sells tens of millions.

Nobody fucked themselves, ps4pro and scorpio are both the same laughable shit. You're the cancer that gives a fuck about these products and will get swallowed by death. Maybe will get videogames in the fifth dimension we're your literal shit from the sack that you are will go to the stars. kek

what? everyone has 4k tvs. you can get them for under $1,000 now.

scorpio will have some other fatal flaw that MS will cover up. Get ready for the scorpio to have no USB ports/need a 100 dollar add on to make the native 4k work or something else fucking retarded. This is the console industry never forget that cutting corners is literally their specialty.

>1080/30fps is all this guy wants from a yet to be released console
Damn, standards for consoleniggers are at an all time low.

>mental illness

You faggots should dump this board; this is who you're arguing with

>if you play quake live on a 60hz monitor at 60 fps it will look and feel choppy
Only if your shit is out of sync and/or the frame time variance is fucking awful. Higher FPS helps mitigate that.

REMINDER

Sony claimed the PS3 could do 120fps / 4k.
They claimed that 11 years ago.
Let that sink in. With a forced upgrade, you will only get upscaled 4k / 30fps.
Fucking Sony is worse then MS at this point. At least MS has always been up front about bum fucking you, Sony always tries to play the "well at least we aren't MS, now pay for online, now pay more for online, ect".

Of course the Scorpio will natively run 4k, but it's still going to run at 30fps. These fucking consoles drive me nuts. I would gladly run the games at 720p with some lowered assets if it meant I could run at locked 60fps. The difference in these resolutions, especially with how good AA is nowadays, is just modern BLAST PROCESSING. Fuck off with that shit, and give me features that ENHANCE the gameplay, not the visuals.

>Nobody fucked themselves, ps4pro and scorpio are both the same laughable shit. You're the cancer that gives a fuck about these products and will get swallowed by death. Maybe will get videogames in the fifth dimension we're your literal shit from the sack that you are will go to the stars. kek

Well, atleast they admitted it on the spot, meanwhile some other companies would just circle and dance around it while RPing Alantutorial

I'm getting a ps4 slim because I don't give a shit about 4k since I just have a cheap $150 1080p tv 24 inch tv

>Let that sink in

What the fuck are you on, you pathetic sack of shit? You're letting things "sink in"? You're talking from above about videogames? With him? You retards can't die soon enough.

nice meme

it feels the same on a 75hz crt monitor too, i don't think its my monitor and i really don't understand.

You should kill yourself, in a non meme way

ok

I know it's a dank maymay.

Just got glasses, turns out I'm legally blind.

I love movies and have a HUGE Bluray collection.

Turns out that my vision is SO fucking bad that the 1080p quality movies I've been watching on my 1080p Panasonic Plasma have really been like 720p to for the past 6 years.

I get my glasses and watch a 1080p movie with them for the first time; my fucking eyes hurt from how high the quality and definition are.

Pretty funny.

I think seeing a movie in 4K would make my eyes fall out of my sockets or start bleeding.

Remember Sony almost completely depends on third party developers. Do you really see them putting in that kind of effort?

I bet you watch streams more than you're playing games.

Pretty funny.

Your top three streamers from your top ten streamers wear glasses, don't tell me?

Pretty funny.

kek

>Do you really see them putting in that kind of effort?

What if, somehow, they'll put in that kind of effort? Would you kill yourself right that instance?

It's for the stable framerate. No body likes those dips in performance and a lot of games just lose their shit. Also there's the fact that some games like FFXV just straight up look better. Anyone who was buying it for 4K was a retard anyway.

insomniacgames.com/how-much-does-framerate-matter/

Don't most 4K TV'S already upscale 1080p? Will this be any better or is it literally a meme 'feature'?

If PS4 Pro added full backwards compatibility for PS1 through PS3 I would buy it day 1.

"it's better"

>60 fps,
>they instead focus on the small nit audience
yea...

It will literally be a "kill yourself" meme. I hope you'll spread it like a good boy.

It's up to devs to see how they want to use the new power of Pro for their games, shit devs like Ubisoft and Bioware confirmed they won't do 60FPS, but we might see Jap devs really focus on 60FPS/1080p with Japan probably not being big on 4K

So another round of "remastered" titles? This game generation is such a joke.

>4k is just a gimmick
all tvs will be 4k

>1080p 60
most console engines aren't optimized for that

>Watching streamers.

What makes you think I would do that?

Is it because I'm 31 and recently found out that I've been legally blind for most likely ten years and needed glasses?

Is there some type of correlation between the two?

THE NUMBERS MASON; WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

these days 12gb of ram isnt alot

ir will barely be enough for native 4k after the 2-3gb reserved for the OS and then the game ontop of that

It'll be funny if microsoft didn't learn their lesson and the scorpio turns out to be 499 or 599 US dollars or something.

>BUT ITS MORE POWERFUL THAN THE PS4 PRO

Both are fucking dumb. Just let the generation die out and wait to release a fucking proper next gen 4k console or something. It's not like there's massive pressure to do so currently

D'awwww, little Brad has his own opinions now on the internet. I'm proud of you, son! You're also a fucking walking literal cretin, go to bed

>Literally in the url says ps4 no games

>these days 12GB of RAM isn't enough

My PS2 has 32 megabytes of RAM and games on it look better than most of today's games because unlike today's games everything isn't slathered in 50 different postprocessing effects to both hide the shitty textures and to pretend the owner's TN LCD can actually look good.

Microsoft won't price it that high.

They can eat the loss since they knew they'll make up for it in accessory, game and digital sales.

$399 and it's GG for Sony.

Depends on how aggressive Microsoft wants to play this; I think they want to go for a killing blow to make up for how bad they ate shit during their initial Xbone unveiling and all the pot shots Sony took at them.

Shit it about to get real, comrades.

You're not making any sense, you retard. Of course the scorpio should be more expensive than the ps4pro, what the fuck are you on about? And, no, they're no logistic reason to release a "proper net gen 4k console or something", not with customer base like you

solid cataract simulation

>let the generation
ps4 is going to outsell the ps2

You forgot to mention datamining and advertisement revenue from ads all over the UI.

kek. kill yourself, literally. do these guys a favor

This.
Although MicroShill will teach the plebians about 4k, and shit on Sony for that upscaling.

>4k30 a year later $499

Eh, everyone does that shit these days.

But they were a bit too open about it.

Even if everyone does it, you still gotta act like you don't.

Like shooting heroin.

>le datamining X(

really makes one sad, doesn't it? good thing there's sony around to dull the pain

I believe in their dick waving that they said that Scorpio having 4K native support is mandatory which will lead to a few possible outcomes
>Price being around $599-$699
>Games having to have graphical downgrades to output at 4K
>Microsoft having to retract that statement

Jesus christ. PC gaming has been doing 1080p affordably since the gtx 460 1GB. That shit is like 6 years old. New games are just more demanding. My 1070 runs overwatch at 300 fps at 1080, idk why you casuals keep being mystified by such old shit.

Not *that* bad

As a PC user and performancefag, Nvidia and AMD both will likely incorporate checker board rendering, allowing me to upscale to 1440p or 4k at a fraction of the cost and the majority of the clarity. Definitely won't be as good as native, but it'll be better than 1080p and let me maintain 60fps even on a budget. Thanks, consoles

I wouldn't mine your data if you'd suck my dick. Nobody gives a shit about you, dudec you're a literal sack of shit. Enjoy your next-gen!

Thats a jaguar cpu, polaris is a graphics chip architecture by the same company. Polaris was also just released this year while jaguar has been out for 4 years now.

And yes Jaguar is underpowered, it was designed to power netbooks(Laptops that are tablet tier at this point in time). Bulldozer was the big brother that powered regular laptops and desktops.

>bought a pc to play overwatch

You're worse than this niggers, i'm impressed!

I'm a little bitch casual who plays Mystic Messenger and Hanzo in OW and even I built my own fucking PC. What's wrong with you?

will bloodborne be 1080p/60fps? all i care about

where does he say that and whats wrong with that anyways?

This is really pathetic, and is the perfect exemplification of the sheer stupidity and mindlessness of the consolefag
Consider, it went from:
>"HAHA WE GOT 40K U MAD PC???"
To
>"It might be upscaled 1080p but it's still good! u mad pc???"
To
>"Fuck, I hope it can at least get 1080p with constant MINIMUM 30 FPS"

>Nvidia
>fraction of the cost

The majority of PS4 owners are the dudebros / casuals who owned a 360 in the 7th gen.

"""""he""""", as in definitely not (you), bragged about his shitty gtx 460 1GB shit that was doing 1080p affordably, but then he went all in but not quite all in with a 1070. Watch him and every other retard like him (and you) complaining about "b-but why no HDR :((, we was masterkings :((" Kill yourselves

>MicroShill
Doesn't even remotely sound like "Microsoft"

So basically Sony is creating the problem that I have with my current rig

Solid GPU, shitty CPU. I despise my decision to go for a shitty quad core and a strong GPU instead of going for a solid dual core and a solid budget card. Been saving up to fix my mistake

I've been a pc gamer since the ps2 gen. Started from the bottom with a cheap nvidia 6200 LE. Biggest draw to PC gaming was all the freedom it had, it blew my mind how you could do anything on PC even play old consoles through emulation as well as making your own games. It was like dreamland to me. As for games, at the time battlefield 2(looked glorious) and world of warcraft/everquest 2 were new frontiers my nintendo and playstation had never delivered.

It was no contest. That said it wasn't till i got a job that i could afford a decent upgrade.

Now Im rocking a 1070 @ 2100mhz
6700k @ 4.7hz
1tb samsung 850 pro
750 gb samsung 840 evo
16GB of DDR4 ram

And a baller Dell 27" 1440p 144hz gsync monitor in glorious ultra low motion blur(ULMB) mode. Everything i play is glorious.

Master Race

I was referring to performance cost AMDshill.

I'm running pure AMD and I still find most of you faggots annoying

I do know it is super detailed but I don't give a shit about it.

i have no idea what you just said but i recommend you reread the chain

You re-read it. You'll understand the rest when the memes will coming pouring in in 5 months from now. Take care!

>mention how Sony fucked up by not having a Native bluray player and better specs
>person's friend starts going full gaf trying defending the PS4 pro and laughs off the fact that Sony directly stated they wanted to compete with PC as if it's something I made up.
I wasn't expecting sonygger shit outside of Cred Forums to be honest.

>Sony claimed the PS3 could do 120fps / 4k.
No, the actual claim was 120 fps and 1080p on dual displays.

t.Ken Kutaragi, father of Playstation

I feel your pain. I was running a Q6600 for close to 8 years, a good quadcore from 2007. It started showing its age at base clocks and now it chugs on anything cpu intensive.

I'd say you were right up until 2013. Nowadays dual cores just wont cut it, specially considering CPUs are long term upgrades, You should go for i5k tier minimum, just save up till ur ready.

Most japanese devs probably won't even give a shit about the Pro.
Their games leave a lot of wasted potential for the hardware in the first place.

ps4 pro uses a equivalent (or lesser) version of the RX470 right?

i can actually see some games running at 4K at low settings desu

alright
>bragged about gtx 460
he didn't, he said it was good for 1080p gaming
>but then bought a 1070
>>overwatch at 300 fps
" 1440p 144hz gsync monitor
>b-but why no HDR
hdr is also about monitors, pcs are capable of that as well

W-Where are the smiles?

I'm willing to bet money Nioh will be getting upgrades for the Pro version considering the game being a blurry mess on objects that are 15 feet away if played in action mode and the same will probably happen for Yakuza 6 considering the demo that came with Yakuza Extreme being sub 1080p and struggling to stay at constant 30FPS
But most of the low budget devs wouldn't even need the extra hardware when they already have leftover power on standard PS4

>hdr is also about monitors, pcs are capable of that as well

Not yet, they're not. Five months from now this shithole is gonna meme about this and you're gonna take it like a good whore. Keep that flame alive, bro

it probably could with ps2 era graphics

Doesn't have to, it gets the point across and still has the same MS acronym. People say MicroShit all the time and it doesn't sound any better.

its been on pc though, its even existed for over a decade now, we even have special file types for hdr images, .hdr and several games support it like croteam games. without an hdr monitor you cannot benefit from it anyways so ps4 users wont magically get it unless they shell out 600 dollars

If you shell out those 600 dollars for your pc right now you're still not getting it. Fuck, I can't get mad at you, I'm trying, but I can't. Nevermind man, you'll see what I'm talking about.

but he's right. people who argue it are on the side of people who argued that blu-ray was just a gimmick. standards get higher it's just an inevitable part of how shit works. soon 8K will be the gimmick and 4K will be the 1080p.

kek forza 3 won't have hdr support on pc and it has on a fucking xbox one. it really makes you think

>going under 60 is extremely noticeable for me.

As an avid PC user, you know that is fucking bullshit.

>8K

Where can I buy this 8K hardware and it's associated media??!?!

What's the point of getting a Pro if the OG PS4 just got an update that makes it compatible with 4K tv's?

>they chose upscaling over improving framerate or backwards compatibility
kys Sony

On PC? Not where you're buying your HDR games. You should definitely look for where HDR complaint games aren't, you should find them pretty easy. Search the indie section.

Oh that sweet, sweet placebo effect.

I love when people buy things, brag about things or enjoy things based simply on numbers they were either told or read someplace.

Regardless if any of those numbers are true.

Ignorance is bliss.

source? pc users arent even able to play it anyways, might as well never ever the entire game

youve obviously never played an fps before because if the framerate changes the crosshair will jerk around the screen and mouse speed itself will be inconsistent and difficult to aim with

>obviously never played
yeah, you're right, i have a high end pc to post on Cred Forums only.

fuck off retard.

I was joking.

Please tell me you were joking too.

These number games are the biggest maymay known to vidya and possibly mankind.

As long as it runs well and looks 7/10; I'm fine.

I'll take good game play, good narrative and solid frame rate over some insanely high resolution any day.

mashable.com/2016/09/03/cheap-8k-tvs-are-coming-chinese-brands/#i43t0WwNPZqn
tokyo olympics 2020 8k broadcast
>8k mario commercial

>pc users arent even able to play it anyways

Forza Horizon 3 will be released on both platforms at the same time. Source about hdr? Look it the fuck up yourself, the devs said it.

only the most hardcore sony drone was deluded enough to think sony could sell a 4k capable machine for $400

>only fps games exist
wow how could i assume someone who cant notice fps drops wouldn't play a genre where its very apparent?

1. they aren't mandating 60fps to 3rd parties (who could just say fuck off)
2. can't piss off the majority of the ps4 userbase 50million users
3. cpu bump still bottlenecks 60fps without massive engine revamp
4. most devs are letting like 1-2 engineers work on the pro patch so ps4 og is the still the focus

they are going to lose a bunch of money making new units nobody will buy, if they do it won't be previous ps4 owners
overall I feel that this is good for the industry though, xbox division fail at anything they do by default this gen so who cares and sony blew the ps4 pro right through their cocks, so hopefully this smartphone-tier hardware progression doesn't actually become a thing

hdr has nothing to do with resolution, though. Have you ever seen live what it's about? It's not much but it is something. More colors, basically.

You're massively overvaluing 'native' 4K. Rainbow Six Siege currently uses the PS4 Pro 'checkboard' upscaling method to achieve 1080p/60 and no players have even noticed. The only reason I'm aware of it, is Ubisoft gave a presentation on the technique at GDC.

It's a big improvement upon the Killzone Shadowfall method, which leaves visible artefacting and was discovered by players shortly after release because of this. Checkboard rendering leaves almost no trace.

its releasing for windows 10, not pcs. its tablet shit and im not interested enough to google for a source that a placebo in a racing game wont be coming to windows 10

youtube.com/watch?v=FGBlwdkHWFs

And every Ratchet and Clank game made at 30fps suspiciously had way worse sales.

ps4pro is going to sell amazingly this holiday and Cred Forums - nintencuckgaf is going to lose their minds

capthis

windows 10 is on pcs, how mentally ill are you, my meme man?

windows phone, xbox one, and microsoft tablets are pcs?

is forza horizon 3 launching on microsoft tablets and phones?

Pretty much. People will end up buying it because it's a PS4 slim.
Most people don't have 4k TVs anyway, and it doesn't run most games in 4k, so they're hitting a pretty fucking niche audience with that one
What sort of frame rate can we expect? 30 seconds per frame?

Seriously this. It's like people expect Sony to have had no response to the Xbox One S and this is supposed to be the hardware to compete with Scorpio. How anyone is this thick is almost baffling. Like you've got XBox One, and then the "S-Class" Xbox One. Now theres a PS4 and a PS4 "Pro". A scorpio console is a year away, and you're fucking retarded full-on if you think Sony is just going to thumb their asshole doing fuck all while Microshaft releases unopposed hardware. Learn how parity works.

ask your bros if they care that [normieshit game] is running at 900p on their Microsoft Xboneâ„¢

might as well because windows 10 isn't a pc operating system.

Why cap it? It's obvious. Scorpio will be $600, PS4 Pro is $400. Sony already learnt that customers don't buy hardware at $600 with the PS3. Microsoft is about to learn the same lesson the hard way I guess.

How do you know it's not a PCuck falseflagging as a Sonnygger falseflagging as a PCuck Falseflagging as a Sonnygger?

do you care you're not playing on a lagless monitor?
do you care you're not on asian quality internet?
do you care you're playing on a 11.1 sound system?
do you care you're not an elite pro gamer?
do you care you're not consuming artisan imported water and gmo free gamergrub?

Oh yeah?

My dick doesn't get diamonds over bleeding edge tech anymore; this is due to a lifetime of disappointments and letdowns.

Once it hits the markets and makes it past its first generation, I'll consider investing but until then it's nothing to me.

Winter is coming.

>will always be content with 1080 60 FPS
>see everybody shitting themselves about MUH ULTRA HD RESOLUTION

What's the point of high resolution if the game runs like shit

pretty much "Native 4K" is nothing compared to the promises/marketing PS3 had and that was off GOAT PS2 coattails.

I'm just happy because it means PS4s will be cheaper when I finally buy one to play Bloodborne.

Both promises are things the average player will never appreciate compared to the value of saving $200

Native 4K is just as useless as 'the power of the cell' at improving games for the average person that isn't inspecting their TV with a magnifying glass

Yeah, might as well release it on MS phones and tablets along with PC since it wouldn't support HDR anyway. Don't let that take anything away from your LoL stream, though.

Do they really expect a shit ton of people to buy the pro? I can't imagine enough people are going to buy it to justify the devs putting a lot of time in the pro version.
Most people don't even have 4k tvs.

Fuck yes it's going to sell.

Americans are suckers.

Change a product to make it look more sleek and streamlined then say it has more ponies under the hood which will result in more pixels and we start stealing our kids college funds to buy said products.

In fact, I'll take 8 myself.

A year is a long time for Microsoft to wait to unleash their Weapon of Sony Destruction.

This holiday season will belong to Sony once again and make them a shit load of money.

A lot can change in a year.

appeals to 4ktv owners or people who want more consistent 30fps with SSAA

you are pretty desperate

>being salty over the quality of your daily stream subscription

How is master gaben these days? kek

>arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2016/09/ps4-hdr-no-games-media-useless/

>ps4-hdr-no-games-media-useless/

>ps4-hdr-no-games

>ps4-no-games

My rig is an A10-7850k with a 1060 3gb.
It's basically PS4 Pro tier right now, with shitty CPU performance & solid GPU.

Fuck this gay earth.

As a PC fag who was considering buying a ps4pro for the new Kingdom Hearts (yes, I'm that retarded), what an absolute blunder for a company to release a new more powerful console that
>doesn't render ps4 games at 4k
>doesn't play 4k blurays
>is bigger than a normal ps4

and I haven't forgotten that
>online costs money
>ps4 still doesn't have ps3 backwards compatibility
>most games are multiplats

I bought an n64 recently, and I'm more interested in buying $20 games for that instead.

Only thing I care about is sound quality.

Hence my HD-650's and medium priced headphone-amp.

Everything else I don't give a fuck about or will settle for having the equilibrium version/edition of.

I love economics.

>Sony fans are truly the worst.
fixed

>>doesn't render ps4 games at 4k
>>doesn't play 4k blurays
they didn't want a $599usd box

fuck off namefag

Brogabe, I'm not usually the bringer of bad news, but that system of yours? That's not how you compare raw power between console and pc. There's a reason you guys are called cucks. Looking at you, you deserve it

right so now instead is a 100 dollar extra nothing. no online games allowing better performance because they don't want to "competitively gimp ps4 users", no true 4k anyways, there is literally not one reason to buy it. bravo sony

Now's the time to buy a PS3; they're $150 at Walmart and almost every game on it is $20 or less.

I always wait for the next version/model/generation before I buy the previous one so I can get it the hardware and games for a fraction of the price.

I'm really glad the PS4 meme edition is coming out, because regular PS4s will come right down in price and I can buy one for cheap because I'm a poor postgrad student.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

And the name is gone.

Bob's your uncle.

I'm in the same boat amigo

Honestly, I think that if the public had the choice of a 4K Blu Ray drive or paying less, there would have been a massive majority saying pay less, I really feel like people are just crying over a feature that isn't a part of the console because M$ wants to fuel that flame just because they are desperate for sales

Cred Forums is full of pseudo intellectuals.

yee dawg this way I can probably afford psvr as well, wanna give that shit a try but pc versions cost like $1000+ where I am

Is 4k really a big deal or is it just PCucks pushing it?

except it doesn't at all, 4k tvs already upscale video and ps4 regular was already patched to support said upscaling anyways

the 4kbd collectors are coming out of the nonexistent woodwork

If anything though it would be nice if Sony updated Bloodborne to run 1080p60 people would probably be satisfied

Full of retarded shits, too. Keep it up

they were until they got cucked by sony and now it's a meme and/or not true 4k

It depends how much image detail matters to you.

Look up any 1080p vs 4k comparison chart on the internet and that's all it is

Tips trilby.

Cred Forums is where smart people come to act retarded and reddit is where stupid people go to act smart.

NeoGAF is full of SJW, circle-jerking faggots and shills.

Upscaling versus native will make negligible difference visually. Most people won't be able to tell on a screen under like 65". It'll look good either way but that's if you have a monitor or TV capable. Which many don't.

By end of gen it'll be standard. Today? Meh.

>dude spend more money to get a more powerful video game mashine power is the most important thing bro

Why wouldn't you just buy a PC at that point?

If you add up 400 shekels for a launch PS4 plus another 400 for this thing and the 200 something shekels you would have paid for online you could have bought a PC at the beginning of this shitshow of a generation and still be good

>b-but I need to play Call of Duty and Madden/ Fifa with muh friends
dudebros and plebfags that don't actually care about video games need not apply

Exactly, Sony picked gaming quality over 'entertainment' features last time and it gave them a big advantage over Microsoft. They're making the same bet, Microsoft is betting again on 'entertainment' instead of straight gaming by bundling the 4KBD player, if history is anything to go by, Sony will win again.

>where smart people come to act retarded
I thought they just came here for the dank maymays.

Plenty of people can't tell the difference between 900p and 1080p from their couch. People hyping Native 4K as if anyone's going to be able to tell are kidding themselves.

>tfw my PC is twice as powerful as the PS4 "Pro" and native 4K is not a viable option in any shape or form
Sony are taking the plebs on a ruse cruise. That machine can run Pong in 4K at a stretch.

I thought that was a given, comrade.

Also, i herd you liek mudkipz?

You've memed me out of the stratosphere :( Suckered punched through the internet by a millennial. I quit!

You're an idiot
twitter.com/id_aa_carmack/status/436012673243693056

>le resolution

I'd be more worried about the games themselves if I were you

Muh graffix

I don't have the version with blown up ps4 1080p image unfortunately

Le funne posted notes!

>buy a PC
nogaems

PC has all of the games

PS4 has one game

but we masterricers can't live without 1440p144hz

PC with the most exclusives and most multiplats has nogames now

>b-but those games don't count because i said so autism simulator indie pixel shit kickstarter buzzwords

Wait a minute, so have we given up on VR already and moved on to the next thing?

Or did we never take VR seriously to begin with?

You know what it is but you can't run it properly. I've seen this before. You're worse off, retard.

>for the same spec, a console will deliver twice the performance of a PC
Console kiddies, everyone.

Oh boy, well there's a product for you called a PC, and PSPro doesn't affect you at all, other than perhaps increasing the visual fidelity of games, because developers put way more effort into console games, so you'll probably benefit anyway.

Who said anything about VR? I was talking about standard non-VR games, which 99% of AAA titles still are.

what the fuck does this have to do with anything i just said?

I'm gonna save you the embarrassment and just assume you don't know who wrote that tweet. And if you're baiting, honestly poor effort, take your (you) and get out.

No one cares Microsoft shill, fuck off you're system actually has 0 games

>le epic meme from le chins

Nice. Maybe we'll never meet each other, who knows? We can only hope ;)

But Gears of War 4 comes out in a few weeks!

no official source even mentioned supersampling as a remote possibility at launch or even in the nearby future so i don't understand why you are making shit up

It was literally announced during the PS4Pro presentation by Mark Cerny. Not even going to bother finding the video, you can look it up yourself, but they announced For Honor and Shadow of Mordor supersampled with more to come.

based user saving my image

By all means, explain how consoles achieve twice the performance that their specs would allow.

>>most games are multiplats
>it's a negative thing
You're not a PC fag, you're a dumbass.

Carmack may know what he's talking about, but he have yet to prove it beyond a single tweet.

>4K

is this the meme that Sony will die on?

Ok, instead of phrasing it positively, I'll phrase it negatively.

ps4 has barely any good exclusives

I'm not the guy who, for all practical intents, invented modern 3d graphics, so excuse me if I defer to the expert.

Has he not earned the right to make statements like that more or less unchallenged? If not him, then who?

>Why wouldn't you just buy a PC at that point?

You can combine the price of the launch model and a Pro and throw in a non mandatory cost just to bloat the price and it'll still come under how much it would cost a PC to do native 4K. That alone should tell you something very clear.

I'll gladly take 4K-like image quality for a fraction of the price over PC gaming and even if PC gaming was cheaper I'd still go for consoles primarily because it actually has AAA exclusives that justify the hardware instead of just being limited to multiplats that suffer from parity due to the fact that they are console ports.

I game on PC yet 100% of the games I play for it like day of the tentacle, starbound and roller coaster tycoon don't need an investment above $200. I play actual PC exclusives not console ports.

Instead of buying a $400 GPU I'm going to get a Pro for the 1 or 2 AAA game I might play over the course of a year but primarily to play it's exclusive games.

A solid i3 heavily outperforms a shitty quad core. The i4-4160(70?) destroys my FX-4200. Can't wait 'til Zen comes out. If it does well in real world performance tests, I'll nab one. If not... I'll probably get an i5

A reminder that carmack said that pcs were 10x as powerful as consoles.

As much as i like AMD, i never even include their CPUs when ever im discussing gaming hardware. Sorry for the confusion.

het ;)

het? :O

het :D

het?! >:(

het! >:)

het...

HET xD