So at the risk of getting a lot of hate, I just want to say that this game seems to suck from what I've played so far...

So at the risk of getting a lot of hate, I just want to say that this game seems to suck from what I've played so far, which admittedly isn't an awful lot.

Why does it suck? Because I'm not seeing how these battles are supposed to work, at least on nightmare mode.

First battle with those monsters in front of the chest in the sewers was flat out impossible without getting hit and then running away, healing up and just waiting for my....can't even remember the name, the gauge that fills up and lets you do a super attack regardless of whos turn it is.

I play every game on the hardest difficulty available, so it's not like I'm against hard battles, but this was supposed to be a tutorial area and it was flat out impossible without filling that gauge up, so either I've missed something on how battles work or the games combat on nightmare difficulty hasn't even been tested, which I cannot see happening.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t5wH6I6ByBc&list=PLdNJLX2cJaew-_nHfWm-Ni3v0_UyD2tBm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, you'll get hurt on nightmare. Physical attacks are near useless, you'll be stacking quartz effects and spamming spells if you do stick with it. Bosses are really rough.

stop playing on nightmare, this game does not have good combat, it's just a book with grinding in between the pages

play normal like everyone else

>plays on hardest difficulty
>game is hard
>this game sucks

Sounds like Cred Forums

Oh and earth guard/wall will be your best friend. Read the bracer manual on how to stack quartz to unlock spells.

>pick hardest difficulty
>wwhy is game so hard vee :((((
fuck you, pick a lower difficulty.

it reminds me of a ys thread where some guy was bitching the game was unfair because he started his first on as hard as possible. like are you fucking retarded?

Okay you dumb fucks, let's do this then.

Here I am in that battle (I kept my save before I beat it just for moments like this).

Show me how to win it.

This is a turn based game, so I don't want to hear any excuses as to why you can't tell me exactly what to do to win this fight without running from the battle 5 times after getting hit to charge up the super attack bar, and then going to save to heal up.

Let's hear it since you're so adamant in defending the game.

For your information, I've played Ys games blind on nightmare mode and had no problem with them, since you bring it up.

>Show me how to win it.
fuck you pick a lower difficulty

i dont' even like this fucking game, but you are complaining about a game being hard when you pick the hardest difficulty like are you stupid

>Damage controlling this hard when asked to show me how to beat a tutorial battle

I got news for you. You can't beat it without doing exactly what I said. Jumping into this fight, getting hit (and hoping 3 enemies don't attack one character which will kill them outright) and then running away 5+ times just to fill up a bar that allows you to win.
That's the only way to win.

So if I want to bitch about a game that has what I consider to be poor difficulty, then I will, because that's exactly what is happening right here.

git gud faggot

how am i damage controlling? i don't give a shit whether or not you like anything. i just can't stand whiny faggots complaining "oh no the game is WAAAAAAAYYY too hard for my tiny little boipussi :((((("

game is too hard? lower the difficulty.

feel the highest difficulty is unbalanced? good thing you have like five to choose from. pick another.

need a step-by-step guide to get through the difficulty? seems like that kind of defeats the purpose of trying to play the hardest in the first place. hey, maybe you should lower it, you know, to something more manageable, something more in line to what you want instead of needing other people to solve the game. you know, just a thought.

tl;dr nobody cares faggot git gud

Nightmare isn't fucking available until you beat the game.

Did you literally attempt to play a post-game difficulty level without the benefit of NG+?
Are you retarded?

That difficulty level is for when you've beaten the game and want to replay but not worry about item acquisition, because you already have the best gear.

Nightmare is for NG+.

You're damage controlling because you're crying about me bringing up the piss poor difficulty balancing in your favorite game just because I upset your feelings.

You can't even tell me how to beat the tutorial fight while I'm sitting here providing screenshots and asking you to prove that you can win the battle for me. I've already got a save in which I got past the battle, but it was tedious as fuck, so show me that you can do it if you want your precious game to not get shit on for being unbalanced as shit.

>Nightmare isn't fucking available until you beat the game.

Except it's not, because I've never played the game before and it was available from the beginning, which is precisely why I picked it.

Not unless you're playing the second game in the series, no.

Nightmare is not available from the start. You have to unlock it, unless they patched that. XSEED sometimes does this sort of thing. They DID it with SC, but I remember that at least when I played it you could not select Nightmare difficulty until you beat the game once.

Well, in any case, it's still for NG+. Don't be a bitch.

>You can't even tell me how to beat the tutorial fight
because i haven't played much of the game you stupid fuck
i just said i hate the game
why do i give a shit about helping you through something i don't even like? the game is a boring sub-vn in an already shitty genre of games.

quit assuming everyone is out to get you, you paranoid fuck.

don't like it? move onto another game or pick a lower difficulty.

That girl in the picture looks strangly familiar...

Like KID from Chrono Chross

Hmm... I don't see it.
The only similarity is that they're both girls.
This game is much better than C. Cross.

>Nightmare is not available from the start. You have to unlock it, unless they patched that. XSEED sometimes does this sort of thing.

Then they've patched it then, because it's available right from the get go.
I figured it was the same shit as with Ys, since I play those games blind on nightmare all the time and have no issues.

Well on the up side, it's hardly my fault for picking a mode that is supposed to be for NG+ when there's absolutely nothing suggesting it is a mode for NG+

This guy however is just some asshurt shitter who has clearly been having a bad day, or is just underage judging by how quickly he sperged out at me for bringing up matters pertaining to difficulty.

There's a good chance that 3/4 of the games I've played are harder than anything your sorry ass is capable of beating.
This meme in which you can't talk about difficulty without being "shit" at the game is a joke tbqhwy.

man, i use to masturbate so hard to her, this shit isn't even funny

i don't even get the same kind of impression from the op bitch, though
she just doesn't have that look
similar, but not the same

I honestly stopped at the sewers too. After reading hours of dialogue that wasn't that engaging I just couldn't take it anymore. I had high hopes too.

>This guy however is just some asshurt shitter
>says the guy making a thread about how a hard game is making him feel insecure over his "accomplishments" in other games that are "totally hard gais :(((("
lol

>This meme in which you can't talk about difficulty
one difficulty.
in a game with selectable difficulty
the last of which is balanced for ng+.
which you are still complaining about after i told you pick another.

wew lad.

>it's hardly my fault
It is your fault. You fucking picked it, you moron.

The outfit for one duh

>stopped at the sewer
>takes maybe 10-15 minutes at most to get there
>hours of dialouge

This is legitimately comedy gold, TiTS fans are without a doubt the most asshurt faggots I've ever had the pleasure of talking to. It's beautiful.

Your game doesn't say it's for NG+, and you're crying at me for picking it when the game makes no effort to point out such an important piece of information?

Where oh where did I put my sides this time?

>Can't beat first fight on Nightmare mode

>make a dumb choice
>get walled
>instead of choosing a lower difficulty, i'm going to make a thread to bitch about it on Cred Forums of all places
>get surprised when people call me retarded for being retarded
>i am dumb?
>no, they must all be fanboys!
I've said several times I don't give a shit about TitS or whatever difficult games you play, and the fact that you insist on that is pretty great. My point is: You are complaining about the difficulty in a game with a fully selectable difficulty, while also being on the hardest difficulty. If you can't understand why you are a fucking moron, there's not much else i can say, m8.

Neither can you.
See Let's go through together my shitter shattered friend.

Tell me what move you'd like me to make :^)

The fact that there's multiple difficulty options is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. They're all available from the start, and non of them say you need to be on New Game+ to play. New Game+ isn't even mentioned period.

Common knowledge would have you believe that you can pick any then and be able to get through the game all the same.

Feel free to drop the "I d-d-d-don't like the game though!" meme anytime soon by the way, it's cringe worthy as fuck tbqhwy.

>The fact that there's multiple difficulty options is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
Not really. Game is too hard? Having too hard of time? Pick a lower difficulty. It's as easy as that. This piece of advice works for literally any game.

Oh, before you try to do the exception to the rule argument: I obviously mean those that have selectable difficulty.

>"Waaah I won't ever admit the developers fucked up by including a difficulty mode meant for NG+ without mentioning such an important piece of information, it's all the players fault, he should go through the first 30 minutes of the game again, why won't Tom from Xseed fuck my boipussy waaah"

t. you right now.

I started playing this on Sunday and just got to the 2nd chapter. This game is immensely relaxing, almost cathartic. I wish I had picked it up sooner.

Mate do us all a favor and reroll this game on normal. If you seek a challenge this series is not for you. Battles can be fun and challenging every now and then but this isn't a game you play for its difficulty.

>it's all the players fault
it is. i'm glad you see the light. next time you find a game too hard for you, just remember the advice i gave, user. try another difficulty before being a bitch on Cred Forums.

have a good life, user :^)

>and you're crying
>says the guy who made a thread whining about NIGHTMARE MODE being nightmarishly hard

Holy shit, this whole thing has to be bait. No way someone is this retarded...

So is Nightmare mode just battle of patience trying to fill up that gauge?

Never played the game so I'm wondering cause I too play on hardest difficulty available.
But if it's that tedious then it's a no from me.

Sup g, big fan of Trails here.

The combat isn't really stellar in the first place, Nightmare mode just makes it a pain in the ass over a bit tedious.

There's no reason to torture yourself unless you really get into the story. At the time I was craving something really comfy and simple and got a lot of bang for my buck with TitS.

Unless you're dead set on doing a nightmare run, I'd just lower the difficulty. Nightmare mode can be made easier with enough grinding, but the start of the game is always going to be pointlessly hard.

See, I would have been fine with doing just that, but some of your fanbase had to get asshurt because I bring up a completely valid point about a NG+ difficulty being unlocked from the start, without mentioning ANYWHERE that it's meant exclusively for NG+.

How can one fanbase be so cucked? It's a miracle of the universe.
This thread is proving to be more entertaining than the game you're desperately trying to damage control for.

Ys has Nightmare mode. Plenty of other games have nightmare-esque modes. They're all possible to beat because every non shit dev knows to lock NG+ modes behind a wall that requires you to beat the game first.

>unironically replying to this post
It's obviously fucking bait

Who tries a game for the first time on the hardest difficulty then proclaims that the game sucks because it's too hard for them? Fucking nobody. Only shitty bait posters do that shit.

OP is clearly a retard and this bait thread should be allowed to die a miserable death.

I agree about the first game. The second was a ton of fun playing on hard from the beginning, but that's because you have a lot more options available to you from the start.

no, user, i am having the last word.

>It's obviously fucking bait
and you're obviously fucking gay

You're the retarded one.

I know the agony of wanting to beat the game on hardest difficulty far too well.
OP was just wondering if the whole game was gonna be this tedious.
Try to think a little instead of calling everyone else a retard

>Try to think a little
if there was any thought, op would have just chose a lower difficulty or dropped the game lol

No, OP is clearly a retard for trying to play the game on nightmare when he has no clue wtf he's doing. There is no other way of looking at it . he should kill himself for even wasting our time with this shit.

If there was any thought, you'd know some people want to play on hardest difficulty and refuse to lower it.

I'm just repeating myself again, you barely even read my post

>easy mode

Gosh this game is pretty easy

>hard mode

Gosh darn it, this game is pretty hard!

>Nightmare mode

Gosh golly gee whiz darn it, playing this game is like a nightmare!

They should really label the modes better, I didn't understand them

OP's retardation and autism are not the game's fault or problem. They are HIS

>If there was any thought, you'd know some people want to play on hardest difficulty and refuse to lower it.
then i guess they should play a different game if it's too hard lol

>Game lets you choose.
>Op makes the retarded choice.
>Internet laughs at OP for revealing to the world how dumb he is.
Whatta thread.

Not one of these people who are defending the game can walk me through a tutorial battle in a turn based game. See I have the game open right now. Unless you allow yourself to be hit and then run away multiple times to heal up, you cannot win this fight. It's flat out impossible, and it's the first fight of the game pretty much.

Sup g, 10/10 post.

That's all I was looking for (along with somebody saying "Yo, that difficult is actually for NG+, no idea what Xseed was doing unlocking it/not making any mention to it being for NG+ when it's clearly not balanced for a regular vanilla playthrough".

Would you say it's worth just playing on normal instead of hard if the combat isn't the games strong point? It pains me to not pick the highest difficulty possible in a game, but if this games mostly focused around the story I suppose I can compromise.

Shame that the rest of the fanbase for these games seem like overly defensive cunts with a victim complex.

Well tough shit, it's my thread, I started it and I'll end it.
Thanks for the free bumps though, fuccboi.

You don't seem to understand how many people play on hardest difficulty on their first run and succeed.

Same goes for this but apparently it's really fucking tedious it's not worth it and that's exactly what OP was wondering about.

But you people are so simpleminded and can't even fathom someone has a different thought approach.

You forgot normal mode

>Well tough shit, it's my thread, I started it and I'll end it.
"no"

If OP can't figure it out, we aren't gonna spoonfeed.

WAAAAAHHHH WHY CAN'T I BEAT THE GAME ON NIGHTMARE MODE WHEN I HAVE NO IDEA WTF I'M DOING

WAAAAAHHHH

Kill yourselves, faggots. Clearly the game is too hard for your pansy asses

Now die already

>Unless you allow yourself to be hit and then run away multiple times to heal up, you cannot win this fight

Gosh, it really sounds like a nightmare, doesn't it, you dumb fuck

>You don't seem to understand how many people play on hardest difficulty on their first run and succeed.
probably a lot
guess op won't be one of them

>Same goes for this but apparently it's really fucking tedious it's not worth it and that's exactly what OP was wondering about.
yep, guess it's a good think you can choose, huh?

>But you people are so simpleminded and can't even fathom someone has a different thought approach.
boy, trying to force your way through instead of choosing another difficulty or quitting the game sure is a different approach alright

How many fucking times did you say we should kill ourselves?

Can you be more fucking creative with your dumb shit? Or not post at all if you're not gonna contribute?

Honestly if you died this thread would go much more smoother. Thanks for being a literal defect on planet Earth

Gosh, it really sounds like piss poor difficulty, doesn't it, you dumb fuck.

Shame I'm not allowed to mention that without autists getting upset though!
Ruh roh

>How many fucking times did you say we should kill ourselves?
as many as it will take before you finally kill yourself

>can't beat the tutorial battle
>calls others defects
TOP FUCKING KEK

I normally go for games on hard, but I did the normal setting for TitS. I was more into making progress at a reasonable pace than leveling up to get around bosses or enemies that were walls.

>Gosh, it really sounds like piss poor difficulty,
wew, good thing you have five to choose from. maybe one of them will be more your speed.

I am ashamed you have to see this shit OP, I don't even think these are TiTS fans. Probably trolls giving us a bad name.

>boy, trying to force your way through instead of choosing another difficulty or quitting the game sure is a different approach alright

I can't believe this degeneracy

All he fucking asked if missed something combat wise of it's just that tedious.
His question has been answered already, yes it's fucking tedious and not worth doing it for the challenge he set up on himself. He will lower the difficulty.

Everything has been fucking solved by now, but your childish meddling and not understanding people think differently really shat up the whole thread.

I refuse to believe someone over the age of 20 acts this way. Are you just people who heard that Cred Forums is the place for cool kids where you can swear and won't get modded?
Die.

I'm not OP you dumb fucking retard. How did you not figure that out already.

It's not hard, it's not difficult, it's nightmare. I'm hoping you understand things are not perfectly balanced, even in good or great games.

I feel bad for the japs that translated the difficulties, should've translated it exactly from the Japanese lettering "Not for virgin autists"

Try harder next time FALCOM, clearly your games aren't up to standard

>not understanding people think differently really shat up the whole thread.
i understand just fine.

i just think he's retarded.

Irrelevant. If something is in the game and is bad, it's free to get shit on.

I've dealt with worse, bringing up difficulty always makes the shitters come out out of the woodworks.

I'll give it a try then on normal after this thread has played out. Nice one bro.

>Irrelevant
no, it's fully relevant. if you're too shit at the game to do the difficulty or you're not having fun, there are several other options to choose from. being a bitch about it won't make anyone else care.

>normal mode

gosh golly gee whiz, this mode is for faggots and OP should've picked this one

OP asked a dumb question, and got laughed at. Honestly, who gives a shit? OP responded super butthurt, so of course the trolls are going to come out and roast him

>this thread is for faggots
ftfy

Glad you caught my post in the shitstorm, I'm sorry the rest of the fanbase can't answer a simple question.

are trolls trolls when they don't even have to fuck with the OP, and they're just calling it like it is?

>can't answer a simple question.
the question was answered in the first two posts lol

>being a bitch about it won't make anyone else care.
Oh but that's where you're wrong, look at how this thread is flourishing with people who care. Why else would you be damage controlling this hard?

It's all good.
As autistic as they are, they're quite entertaining.

you built the shit house you're living in man

>look at how this thread is flourishing with people who care.
they care about how asshurt you look dipshit wew

still getting that last word btw

I guess the answer to that would be depend on your perspective of the question

you got me there

You keep saying that after getting well and truly BTFO.
It's pottery in its finest form in all honesty.

Here you go OP, some turbonerd played Nightmare on NG and seems like he beat it, so it's definitely possible.

Now why don't you stop being a fucking whiny bitch and admit you're only whining cause you suck so hard that you can't beat something this sonicfag did, and you can't google a solution when you want one?

youtube.com/watch?v=t5wH6I6ByBc&list=PLdNJLX2cJaew-_nHfWm-Ni3v0_UyD2tBm

>You keep saying that after getting well and truly BTFO.
how?

>y-you guys are fans
nope

>it's not my fault the game is too ahrd for me
yes it is

He has two fully charged CP bars, which I've already brought up my asshurt friend. You have to enter the fight and then run away after being hit in order to fill it, 5+ times actually, which is also 5 separate trips to the save thing to heal up.

That is piss poor broken gameplay, plain and simple.

>Being this shitter shattered
Comedy.
Gold.

It's not meant to be "good gameplay." It's meant to be FUCKING HARD because it's NIGHTMARE DIFFICULTY.

Seriously, just end your life please.

you haven't blown out anyone, at all. Either get better at the game in NIGHTMARE mode or stop whining about balance. There's multiple difficulties for a reason, they're for people to use based on their skill or desire to get better while abusing themselves. Despite your Shadow the Hedgehog ideal of yourself, you're obviously not up to this games challenge. Holy fuck

>literally called Nightmare Difficulty
>what do you mean I have to exploit the fuck out of the game mechanics?

I doubt you've played many hard games at all.

>Comedy.
>Gold.
my thoughts on this whole thread desu senpai

Of course it's supposed to be good gameplay you fucking autist.
In what world do you live in that being hard =/= butchering the gameplay?

The fact that you're damage controlling for such a thing is embarrassing honestly.

Mate I've had you and your cheerleaders by the balls for the entirety of this thread.
It's honestly the easiest argument I've ever had on this board tbqh, I'm a little disappointed.

I'm sure you'll all rise to the occasion and save face at some point though :^)

My threads never disappoint.

>The fact that you're damage controlling for such a thing is embarrassing honestly.
are you unaware of the irony in these words, op? be honest.

You're the only autist.

Nowhere does Trails say that nightmare mode has good gameplay. It does, however, say clearly "IT'S YOUR FUNERAL."

Well, this is the future you chose, so enjoy your funeral, fucktard.

Well yeah, of course you're going to have to cheese the shit out of it! It's NIGHTMARE difficulty after all. It's like playing Deity in Civ V... it's not meant to be fair, it's meant to break your balls. If that wasn't what you wanted, I'm not sure why that's the difficulty you chose.

All the same, if you really just wanted to play on this difficulty and this one only, without exploiting the hell out of it, this difficulty isn't for you. If that's a turn off from the game in general, then don't play it.

It's okay user, I was just merely pretending to be retarded!! hah ha hah

I didn't say it was "good" difficulty you fucking dipshit moron. The game literally says "It's your funeral". If you don't like it you can change the difficulty setting. You could've even googled the difficulty setting and found out that it was more balanced for NG+ before you started the game, since devs for JRPGs do this quite often, but your dumbass don't know about it.

I'm very confused... why choose nightmare if you wanted something easy enough to not exploit? Since when are nightmare modes in games balanced? I've always had the impression that those modes were for experts who optimized the shit out of everything.

>Nowhere does Trails say that nightmare mode has good gameplay. It does, however, say clearly "IT'S YOUR FUNERAL."

I sure hope you're joking. A game shouldn't have to say a mode is good, it should be expected to be good. I've never played a game that turned to shit all of a sudden just because the difficulty went up.

>It does, however, say clearly "IT'S YOUR FUNERAL."

Wew lad, so does every single Ys game pretty much, yet their nightmare modes aren't broken messes.

>If that wasn't what you wanted, I'm not sure why that's the difficulty you chose.

Civ V is hardly on the same level as this. Nothing in Civ V's most difficult mode compares to having to run from a fight 5+ times just to fill a gauge which enables you to beat the tutorial mission.

Again, plenty of games that have this "nightmare" mode shit are absolutely fine, this is the only one I can think of that is completely and utterly broken.

I forgive you, please don't leave though you meme loving fuck.

You don't even get a proper response, see the first post I quoted in this reply to get your answer.

last word

>comparing a 4X to a JRPG with NG+ carryovers

You're retarded.

>You don't even get a proper response

Okay, that actually translates to "I can't come up with anything to refute you", guess I'm right for calling your retarded.

t. devastated autist mad that he got blanked
KEK

I'd argue that grinding out runs on deity in Civ is comparable to running away 5 times, but whatever, we have different perspectives, which is fine of course.

But what I'm still a little confused about is why you went for the hardest challange on your first go through. You had no context for the gameplay, I imagine, and just wanted the hardest from the start? Your choice, obviously, but I can't say it's necessarily the wisest one.

trying again

t. retard who has multiple people pointing and laughing at him

>But what I'm still a little confused about is why you went for the hardest challange on your first go through.

Because I've done that for as long as I can remember and never ran into any issues. Ever.

Having a challenge in a game makes things more fun.
Having to run away from each fight multiple times just to fill a bar which enables you to win isn't hard, it's fucking annoying and this is the only game with something so stupid for a difficulty mode, and as such it deserves to be ridiculed.

>A bunch of TiTS fans who have a victim complex are sperging out at me
Oh shit, whatever will I do? :^)

Was hoping this would be a good Legend of Heroes thread.

Boy was I wrong.

You will continue to act like a moron and let people laugh at you for no good reason.

>Was hoping this would be a good thread.
this is your mistake in general
this is always your mistake

user i was the guy who was primarily arguing with him at this point both sides are retarded and just calling each other retarded you retard

i am number 1 :^)

What are you talking about, this is a good thread. My threads quite literally never disappoint.

Spoken like somebody who got BTFO by cold hard facts t.b.h

Let's be honest though, you are pretty retarded.
You've gotta admit that much.
Admit it.

>cold hard facts
more like cold steel facts

Huh. I'm surprised you have always played nightmare mode stuff, and never ran into anything stupidly grindy. Regardless, it seems that you're probably better at videogame than I am, so I guess I'd defer to you on matters of difficulty.

Personally, I don't really care. I played it on normal and had a lot of fun. It's worth a shot if you're not too turned off by plebian difficulty settings.

>Completely misunderstood a post, like always

You're right, it DOES sound like Cred Forums

when you live and breath something, admissions are no longer necessary because you just are

fuck you i laughed

OP's mistake was not playing the better Trails game on PS3/Vita.

I wish we can get more swashbuckling in RPG's.

>Personally, I don't really care. I played it on normal and had a lot of fun. It's worth a shot if you're not too turned off by plebian difficulty settings.

I'm fine with that.
This entire shitflinging game started because people sperged out about me calling a shit-tier difficulty mode, which is apparently designed for NG+ (and used to be locked until you beat the game actually) out.

Thread probably could have been over in the first 5 posts.

Oh you.

Aren't they all connected story wise? I thought I had to start here anyway. I already have the vita games PIRATED ready to go.

Nightmare is balanced for NG+

yeah, they are, but not directly. Each arc has its own self-contained plot, but the finer points of the story require you to have more extensive knowledge of the world and the events of the full series.

They're set in the same world but you can pretty safely play the Cold Steel games without knowing a thing about Trails in the Sky. I played Cold Steel first and although I'm sure there were references I didn't understand, nothing about the plot was out of my reach.

You're fucked anyway unless you know moon cause after a certain point it's all Crossbell this and Crossbell that.

>This whole fucking thread

I started Trails in the sky for the first time last week on Nightmare, and I'm pretty damn far in it. I still have yet to die. I don't even remember this fucking fight. You literally just suck ass.

0/15, that's the best I can do.

Nightmare mode is BALANCED for NG+. Not for first time playing. It just doesn't work that way. Even in NG+, Nightmare is hard.

How long does the game usually take to beat, give or take?

the first game I beat in 45 hours while doing most sidequests, the second I beat in a little over 70 with the same approach.

Alright then nice one. Gonna restart on a different mode then.

I honestly won't be surprised if OP rages so hard in a boss battle where the boss attacks first with his/her S-Craft in NIghtmare.

Good thing you didn't buy it, right??

I did actually buy that one. Got the other games pirated on my vita though.

Trails in the Sky's hardest difficulty is is borderline masochistic, most people, even people who've played through the game numerous times enough to know every fight in other difficulties can't do Nightmare mode, not to mention there's plenty of fights even on the normal difficulty that are really hard that are near impossible on nightmare mode without a lot of luck.

>buying the game that's not helping the series get brought over and pirating the one that will
you might as well have pirated them both

in nightmare mode, the villains fight at 100% instead of just fighting at 20% to toy with the main characters

Before I start then, is hard mode fine to play on my first playthrough, since nightmare is designed for NG+?

I bought it years and years ago, not recently.
My backlog is huge so I've held off on it for a while.

If you want to be challenged without tons of times to things out of your control, hard mode is definitely better for you.

without dying tons of times*

>not helping the series get brought over
Actually, Xseed has consistently mentioned the fact that releasing SC resulted in more additional sales for FC when asked about their confidence for the series. So it might not be as good, but it's something.

How are Cold Steel's Hard and Nightmare?

I trusted CS1's Normal description when it said it would be "satisfyingly tough" for those used to RPGs. This was a huge mistake. Once I understood how the game worked the majority of bosses died without landing a hit, but by that time I also didn't want to reset.

>Picks a difficulty that's balanced for NG+ playthroughs
>Gets assblasted when he can't hack it
>Bitches about it on fucking Cred Forums and assumes anyone calling him a retard is a fanboy shill

I think everything's already been said; I just came in here to laugh. I don't even like TiTS.

>I trusted CS1's Normal description when it said it would be "satisfyingly tough" for those used to RPGs

When will devs learn their own games? When will they start putting up precise descriptions?

With questions like these we always turn to other people that played the game. When was the last time that ingame description said something how your gaming experience will be and it came true?
I can't think of any, but plenty of people here or on other gaming sites provided precise answers.

>nightmare mode
You fucked up OP. Normal mode's largely designed to be easy sailing with a bunch of challenging boss fights here and there. Hard mode's designed to be relatively hard from near the beginning with a bunch of bullshit bosses here and there. Nightmare mode is largely bullshit from the get-go, most of your deaths are going to be attributed to things that aren't even your fault.

>I don't even like TiTS.
you some kind of a fag?

maybe~

Personally I thought the story and setting were very bland, and the actual gameplay wasn't good enough to make up for that. I tried playing it twice and both times I felt too bored to continue before getting very far. It just wasn't for me.

what I learned from this thread is people who blindrun hard modes are chill and people who don't act like bitches.

First Chapter definitely isn't for everyone, but the ending of the game and the second game made everything worth it.

Sora trilogy = safe to star on hard, avoid nightmare for NG+
Crossbell games + CS games = safe to start on nightmare unless you're going for all DP/AP in which case it'll be a real challenge but still doable for you.

This thread is fucking cancer, I'll summarize:

>OP Calls game shit because hardest difficulty is poorly designed.
>People call OP a fag because he can't beat hardest difficulty.
>OP challenges the thread to prove him wrong
>Nobody takes the challenge and dodges it
>Shitposting endlessly.

Game is fucking boring btw.

>People call OP a fag because he can't beat hardest difficulty.
we called him a fag because instead of complaining he could have went down a difficulty or played a different game. i dont give a shit what difficulty he plays on.

can i have the last word now?