Why do people pretend The Witcher games are anymore a "real" RPG than the Dragon Age games?

Why do people pretend The Witcher games are anymore a "real" RPG than the Dragon Age games?

In Dragon Age when it comes to dialogue, you're stuck with
>TELL ME ABOUT LORE SHIT THAT DOESN'T IMPACT THE DIALOGUE CHOICES
>Yes
>Sarcastic yes
>No

In Witcher when it comes to dialogue, you're stuck with
>TELL ME ABOUT LORE SHIT THAT DOESN'T IMPACT THE DIALOGUE CHOICES
>Yes
>Sarcastic yes
>No

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/314470/
store.steampowered.com/app/428880/
store.steampowered.com/app/296570/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gonna hijack this thread op

Sorry

SLEEP TIGHT KITTER

Because witcher has good dialog and believable characters, while dragon age is a pile of shit and from the very beginning coherent writing is thrown out the window.

Sleep tight Kitter

Sleep tite kitter

>play the other DA games
>you can actually be a total dick
>start up DaI now that i can actually run it efficiently on PC
>only 'assholish' choices just make him say the nice thing sarcastically
>you can't even object to being immediately sent on a trip around the world to fuck up these green portals
>muh mages muh templar

Which RPGs do personality right?

Sleep tight kitter

sleep tight kitter

SLEEP TIGHT KITTER

sleep tight kitter

Secondary hijacking in progress. I know what people really want and it's a TRUE restful sleep.

Kill me, Pete

SLEEP TIGHT KITTER

SLEEP TIGHT KITTER
I just broke up with my girlfriend so I hope this works.

Kill me, Pete

SLEEP TIGHT KITTER

Nevermind I'll take this instead.
Kill me, Pete

kill me, pete

SLEEP TIGHT KITTER
Sorry for yelling

Sleep tight, kitter!

They aren't.
But the Witcher is no doubt better written.

this forced comparison is worst then the overwatch/battleborn meme

ill give you a real reply, user

my opinion is, nah witcher kinda sucks at that. not to mention they pick your character, backstory, etc, they're pretty much run the same way, you just get more freedom with DA.

Origins is far better than Inquisition as far as roleplaying a character goes (really, inquisition? wont let you pick an origins story beside picking your race? gaaaaay)

mods help with that though, on both ends. plenty of people make really cool mods that make both games way more immersive and whatnot.

fuck DA2 that ones the worst

SLEEP TIGHT KITTER

SLEEP TIGHT KITTER

Sleep tight Pizza.

Sleep tite kitter

Sleep tight Pizza

Sleep tight kitter

Technically the Witcher games aren't better RPGs than the Dragon Age games, they're about equally shitty in that regard, though DA edges ahead in large part due to DAO.

In terms of being game vs game Witcher blows Dragon Age out of the water though, which is the bigger issue. DAO is the only completely solid Dragon Age game, while all three Witcher games are solid.

A closer comparison would be Witcher against Mass Effect, because all Mass Effect games have been action games with light RPG flavoring like Witcher. DAO skews Dragon Age even though the majority isn't like DAO.

I hope this has clarified it for you user.

SLEEP TIGHT KITTER

kill me, pete

everything about inquisition felt like a fucking shitty sitcom

sleep tight kitter :DD

I think that Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition were tailored more into what women want to play. Or something like that. The majority of the fanbase are girls. It had been known for these big hot romantic storylines, whereas Mass Effect is....Mass Effect and Witcher is....Yennefer?

Most RPG games released past 1999 are shit anyway.

SLEEP TIGHT KITTER

>The majority of the fanbase are girls

That always seems weird to me until I poke my head into Bioware forums or Bioware game-generals. It's also partly why I've (Mostly) stopped bitching about Bioware games these days. They're sure as hell not my cup of tea but they're hitting the mark for someone so more power to 'em I guess.

>Most RPG games released past 1999 are shit anyway.

This is iffy though user, there are quite a few decent even modern RPGs. Divinity Original Sin, Age of Decadence, Neo Scavenger, arguably the Shadowrun games, arguably Underrail, Expeditions Conquistador, Might and Magic X, the Grimrocks, etc.

Even some like store.steampowered.com/app/314470/
and store.steampowered.com/app/428880/
and store.steampowered.com/app/296570/

!!! Game suggestions I have not heard of? I will now be busy for the next year. Thank you, user.

SLEEP TIGHT KITTER

Sleep tight kitter

No problem pal, hope you have fun.

I will give you a heads up on Heroes of a Broken Land, though. If you try it, you probably should play the smallest map size. The dude originally intended for a small map to be a relatively short dungeon crawling adventure but then shit spun out of control and even the smallest world will still take 10-20 hours to do. It's a surprisingly cool game though, despite the slightly broken pacing and shitty graphics. Satisfying character progression and the light city management layer is neat.

Dragon Age is an RPG for women

/thread

SLEEP TIGHT KITTER

Sleep tight kitter

Sleep tight kitter

SLEEP TIGHT KITTER

this