Really like the stories and writing and character interactions of this game

>Really like the stories and writing and character interactions of this game
>Fucking hate the boring ass gameplay
Goddamnit. Playing a Sith and trying to be a good guy is so much fun but God, I hate the shitty combat.

All that uncharacteristically non-shit Bioware writing wasted on an MMO. Shame.

>Really like the stories and writing and character interactions of this game

Really? Are you a fucking retard?

The stories were laughably bad and 90% of the dialogue is incredibly simplistic.

There's is nothing good in this game, combat or otherwise.

>Playing a Sith and trying to be a good guy
You're part of the problem.

imp agent was great though

Act 1 was good, Act 2 was great, and Act 3 was fucking retarded.

Shit like
>ancient conspiracies
is fucking retarded.

>Sith
>Good Guy

Does this mean that they're only good at writing multiple semi-important characters over one largely important one?

>Jedi
>Bad guy

The Sith Code isn't inherently evil, just selfish. It's pretty easy to play a Sith that views the pursuit of passion and freedom to be an inherent right to all, and now just the current, weak-willed Sith currently in power who abuse others for their personal gain.

It's also funny as hell watching Jedi try and talk down to you and then get flustered and angry when you turn out to be a better person than they are.

I feel that way about pretty much every RPG ever.

>when you turn out to be a better person than they are.
>Sith
>Better person than a Jedi
Wew, Bioware at its finest.

>The ghost of Darth Marr and Satele Shan are now buddy cops on an intergalactic adventure seeking enlightenment
The answer to your question is "Yes"

Wow user it's almost as if titles come secondary to the person themselves when trying to define somebody.

>Sith or Jedi
>Just Titles
You're really going all out, aren't you?

Should have been KOTOR 3.

>tfw became fond of the shitty combat and gameplay

But user, KOTOR 3 has already been made.

Nigger, can you even into why Jedi are shitty people most of the time? Only a Sith or grey Jedi can be a normal, chill nice guy.

>Forgetting the entire reason the Jedi Order fell was because they lost sight of their own fallibility and believed they were right simply because they were Jedi
Are YOU going all out?

>Playing a Sith and trying to be a good guy is so much fun
Surprisingly I agree with this. The light side Sith angle was intriguing, too bad they did it in a shitty MMO.

>Want to go dark side in KOTOR
>Only way to get dark side points is to act like an edgy 12 year old with behavior problems.

I know this is a TORtanic thread, but fuck that, it's close enough.

>The light side Sith angle was intriguing

They only did anything with it in the first act, and then it got completely dropped.

Stop pretending that Bioware did anything of note.

>Have to betray all your friends and kill them
>No option when they turn against you to go "Wait, you're my friends, I love you guys. Just because I know I can do a better job in charge than Malak or the Republic doesn't mean I want to hurt you."

>want to be evil in a video game
>Only way to get evil points is to act like an edgy 12 year old with behavior problems.
Surprise, surprise.

That's why i'm waiting on that new Obsidian game, hoping it adds a new dynamic to the 'good evil guy' and/or the 'evil evil guy'

>there will never be a good Star Wars game ever again

I wish that Tatooine scene with you confronting a vision of the you the Sith want you to be had had more significance. It was a chance to really flesh out what it meant to be someone who followed the Sith Code but didn't succumb to the Dark Side.

You act like I played that shit for very long fagmotron, I got to the second Sith world and got bored of it. Good to know I didn't miss anything.

>Only a Sith or grey Jedi can be a normal, chill nice guy.
>grey Jedi
Opinion easily discarded.

>Forgetting that the entire reason the Sith Empire fell apart was because they weakened themselves so much by betraying each other to the point of not being strong enough to stand against the Republic.
Wew, try again next time.

JIDF (Jedi Internet Defense Force) go home, nobody loves you. If you'd just not been such bitches about forbidding marriage Anakin wouldn't have turned evil and the galaxy would never have fallen to the Empire.

Anakin didn't fall to the dark side because he had to hide his marriage from the Council. He fell because Palpatine manipulated him and planted seeds of doubt and mistrust in his mind against the Jedi Order.

When they cautioned patience and understanding from Anakin, the ideas of betrayal and being held back that Palpatine had planted in his thoughts festered and finally took root when Mace Windu thought it best to not let someone who has become emotionally attached to a Sith Lord tag along to arrest said man.

Try again.

Just a reminder that everything you ever loved about Star Wars is fan fiction tier now according to Disney.

>let's not take Hilary Clinton's best friend/protege with us when we arrest her
>bad idea

Fuck Cred Forums, but this is the exact same concept.

But episode 5 and 3 are still canon

>Comparing Hilary Clinton to what might be the strongest Sith in the Star Wars history (According to GL anyway)
>Comparing RL with Star Wars
Well aren't you one delusional little guy?

Something being canon or not doesn't impact my enjoyment so I'm fine.

All the extended universe shit WAS fan fiction tier, though.

95% of the books/comics were laughably bad.

The combat isn't too bad. It's like playing a typical MMORPG. It's actually slightly more engaging because there is no auto attack. What the game does wrong though is it's really just like any other MMORPG... but shittier end game.

Probably for the better.

Let's be honest, 99 percent of all Star Wars media is fucking terrible.

I-I liked the Thrawn books

Dark Empire was pretty bad though

its the only EU stuff I read

I kinda liked the book about Han Solo's kids finding a crashed Tie-Fighter in the forest when they're away from the Jedi Academy Luke has set up.

RIP for my nigga Kyle Katarn

Someone post that god awful fight scene webm

people say Consular is the worst story in the game, but that's the surest indicator that they never played Trooper

Playing the sith or regular imp characters, you aren't exactly the good guy...you are just more rational and reasonable and less of a SO RANDUM MURDER KILL EVERYONE SO EVIL CUT MYSELF ON THE EDGE that is darkside idiots.

The except is sith warrior. Lightside sith warrior is essentially a gray jedi seeking to change the empire from within.

Example, lightside decision leaves a defeated enemies sergeant alive but forces him to take over and manage the previously defeated enemies network over, and send its credits and resources to you.

Darkside decision just kills him.

Trooper is better than Consular because you can essentially be PATRIOTISM FREEDOM FUCK YER with M4-X1.

Its popular with military types for good reason.

I mean you CAN play the Imp Agent as an edgelord

the droid is the one exception to the absolute sea of blandness and drudgery that is that story

Even though the models aren't that good, why is the urge to jack it greater than other games? Like I can find other game's females sexy, but continue playing. With swtor though I'm popping boners every 5 minutes.

I liked SWTOR but the stronghold thing was dumb.

Just happens

But Elara is the best waifu.

It's the butts

the butts in this game are somehow world-class

God, Trooper was dull, it's good I saved it for last because if it were my first I'd have stopped and never bothered past act 1 or something

Also I'd say being Space Jesus/Diplomat was way more fun than Smuggler 2 and 3, or Jedi Knight

Don't have it but enjoy some other silliness while we wait for someone else to post it.

>didn't make a move on Elara because having the superior officer initiate just feels abusive of my position
>missed the whole romance
Ah well, who needs romance when there's smashing Imp Scum with Forex

Haven't seen this one
Thanks friendo

you could at least be a cheeky bitch in Smuggler even on lightside

and the girl Smuggler's voice does weird things for me

No problemo

Except that Star Wars the old republic is working with the lucasarts creative team

Lucasarts doesn't exist anymore

>ls sith warrior
>prove some jedi so wrong with your actions the master resorts to wiping his padawan's mind so he doesn't question the jedi

>Lucasarts doesn't exist anymore

Whatever the team that decides what canon has a credit in KOTFE

Do people really think the Consular story is bad? It seemed to me like pretty average science fiction schlock, but nothing out of the ordinary and certainly passable. I like the female Consular's dialog too.

>People are either scrawny sticks, fat blobs, or muscular titans.

Why not normal people?

Because they wanted everything to look "iconic and heroic"

Unfortunately it wound up looking like shit instead

benefit of rolling a female character, the 'normal' body type doesn't look weird and has a nice bum

When you compare it to the others, yes. It also has the most forgetful companions except for Tharan.

I enjoyed it way more than something like JK. You're right about female JC having a really nice voice as well.

the first act is terrible and you only get one decent companion

but yeah it's not as bad as people say

Body Type 2 for males is somewhat normal but still a bit short since the next body type is 2m tall roidhead.

I rolled with Qyzen the whole time, I enjoyed listening to him talk about his points and looking up to me as a hunter.