Youngest Final Fantasy protagonist

>youngest Final Fantasy protagonist
>most badassed

Why was this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qkdAuKxob-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=-5FTJxfV3pc
finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cloud_Strife
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/[Artbook]_Final_Fantasy_VII_Advent_Children_-Reunion_Files-/2744
youtube.com/watch?v=tXWB5jQ_nuY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How old was this fucker?

Whatever.

He's more suicidal than badass.

Onion Knight is 13. Zidane is 16.

1-3: Ages unknown
4 Cecil Harvey: 20
5 Bartz Klauser: 20
6 Terra Branford: 18
7 Cloud Strife: 21
8 Squall Leonhart: 17

yeah but isn't vann like 8. and tidus cant be more than 17

>Onion Knight is 13.
Headcannon doesn't count.

Tidus is also 17.

because he was raised to be a soldier since childhood

Terra was 16

Zidane is still 16.

Tidus and Vaan are both 17 too.

>le badass anime teenagers

I can still never imagine what Squall actually sounded like.

Wrong, that's just what the handbook lists him as because it's the age he looks. He's actually a much, much, MUCH older construct created by Garland.

youtube.com/watch?v=qkdAuKxob-Q

Let's be honest here, VIII should've gotten the remake treatment.

I still think FF8 has some of the comfiest locations in Final Fantasy

>youngest Final Fantasy protagonist

Maybe play the games before spouting shit.

Idk maybe Garland constructed him on: (born September, 1783)

>Cloud
"WAAAW I WANT TO BECOME A SOLIDER WAAAW" *cuts self*

>Squall
"WAAAW I DON'T WANT TO DIE WAAAW" *shoots-cuts self*

>Tidus
"Don't worry, Yuna. We'll come up with a way to defeat Sin! For now on, let's just have a good time and laugh!"

Why do we hate Tidus again?

god everything about kingdom hearts is so fucking lame

I'll never understand what the 20somethng kiddies see in it.

you forgot Zidane
>"WAAAW I AM NOT A REAL BOY!" *stabs self*

>we

>Tidus

"WAAW MY DADDY ISSUES HAHAHAHA" *drowns self*

I dont really remember cloud being that emo.

Fair enough. His robot body has had a genome soul for 16 years.

DELETE THIS

I love Tidus but Cloud was only emo in that shitty movie.

Literally the only character who was ever mentioned as crying in their game was Tidus. And it was brought up frequently.

Also the most hottest one.

No homo

>"Let's mosey!"
Cloud

>"There's no such thing as good and evil. Our views are what seperate us."
Squall

>"I hate you, dad!"
Tidus

Not according to any source in the universe.

Fix the junction system and it would become playable

No, she was definitely 18. Oddly, Celes was as well.

>Cloud
"WAAAW I WANT TO BECOME A SOLIDER WAAAW" *cuts self*

>Squall
"WAAAW I DON'T WANT TO DIE WAAAW" *shoots-cuts self*

>Tidus
"WAAAW I HAVE DADDY ISSUES HAHAHAHAHA" *drowns self*

>Vaan
"I want to be a sky pirate!"

Nothing wrong with the junction system. Shitty players found it difficult, average players found it perfectly fine, good players found it easy and exploitable.

Like a real-time jenction system?

He's 13 in Dissidia Final Fantasy, a spinoff sure but nonetheless. All of the characters in FF3DS are also 13.

I think the only point he really becomes emo is when he finds out he was being controlled by Sephiroth and his life was a lie. Then he got better.

I loved it. First dungeon you can max out on Fire and rape anything you touch minus ifrit and he was easy already.

Onion Knight in Dissidia was an OC they made to represent the generic Light Warriors from 3, he's not an official Final Fantasy protagonist.

imagined butz, rena, & feris no older than 15 wtf

>"Let's mosey!"
>Cloud
Meh, I'll always remember him as
>"Yuffie, I don't care about you or your feelings"

>Squall
"Whatever."

Marche Radiuju is 12 years old mother fuckers and he's a fucking bad ass.

Ramza was 16 when the game starts.
Marche was anywhere from 12-14, making him the actual youngest FF protag.

Maybe Bartz and Lena being 16 or 17 but Faris is canonically older than Lena and Krile is a loli because of her sprite

Bartz is 20, Reina is 19, Galuf was 60 and Faris is 20.

not a single person in the world found it difficult

it was just a shit system that could be broken from the very start by turning tents into curagas and bolstering your HP an insane amount

>tactics
>mattering to the main series

Why don't you tell me how old your MMO character was?

thats what made it fun

It's a good game. Don't be salty. I could have said KH Tidus is 10.

You found it difficult. I remember you bitching online until we explained how to exploit the system through card refines. Then you went all pisspants and started acting like you always knew.

Kill yourself, my man.

>tactics
>mattering to the main series
FFT is one of the best PSOne games in general, even more so among the FF titles. Get over yourself

It is a good game. But we're talking main series protagonists.

>easily exploitable
That's the problem with it, grind a little and use card and refine magic and the game is a face roll of mash x to attack since it's the most effective way to kill things
I wanted final fantasy not dynasty warriors

How the hell is Cecil I'm an army captain and have a wife Harvey the same age as Bartz I'm afraid of heights and dad said to go where the wind takes me Klauser

Think Cloud let Yuffie handle his materia? I don't think there's any age of consent laws in FF7

>broken shitty system that can be exploited half an hour into the game
>fun

I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

The only way you knew to use refining on your first playthrough is if you cheated and looked online. In which case you're a scrubby little bitch and get out of my internet.

>Tactics
>not mattering

Because Ivalice totally didn't have any importance in Vagrant Story and FFXII huh?

>exploitable
>good

VIII fanboys are fucking retarded.

>figuring out how to break a system on your dozenth play through makes the system crap

VIII haters are literally the fermenting smegma of Cred Forums's unwashed dick.

>it's an" FF8 fanboy pretends the junction system was some sort of complex amazing system even though there's an auto-junction option" episode

You're a fucking retard.

None whatsoever. It took place in the same world but otherwise was 100% unaffected by one another.

to each their own
omega weapon in 8 was the most fun i had with almost any of FFs super bosses

>he thinks the auto-junction feature was what made it broken

Just... just leave the thread. You're humiliating yourself and the longer you talk, the worse it gets.

I learned that on my second playthrough.

Not like it matters, 8 is hands down the EASIEST FF game with ti's shitty level scaling and junction system that makes you OP from the get-go. Also items that make you literally invincible and Auru which lets you constantly spam limits.

Final Fantasy 8 is garbage and you can't handle it.

I think Cloud was a bit too fucked in the head for any sort of consensual sex (Highland scene aside, I didn't even get that shit in my playthrough)

That being said, there's not a doubt in my mind that Yuffie wanted his Buster Sword and I always imagined how great it would be for Tifa and Aeris to be disgusted with Cloud if he literally abandoned them to get some prime genki puss. Too bad all their interactions will probably be nerfed in the Remake

>I'm a retard that needs his hand held
I was 9 when ff8 came out and figured out how to break the system just through being curious and wondering what everything did and trying it out, it's not that complicated

>I learned that on my second playthrough.

No you didn't. I remember you coming to school and bitching about how impossible the Ultima Weapon fight was. Why are you lying online now?

>S
Tactics, IV, VI

>A
V, IX, X,

>B
I, XII, VII

>C
II, III, VIII, XIII

XIII > X
so much wasted potential that it hurts

You can immediately tell the people who never played classic FFVII, or played it after other spinoffs, by their attitude on Cloud. Because he spends the entire first disc being cool guy, crossdressing, getting molested by muscledudes in a spa, and it's only at the end of that where he gets mindfucked into trying to kill Aerith that he starts to doubt himself and get a little down in the dumps, which is pretty fucking understandable. And by the finale with the charge into the Northern Crater, he's more confident and normal than ever.

wat

>i was curious what everything did
>i refined a bomb and got a fire spell
>"ohhh, i should farm the fishes by balamb for AP but not XP to stay at level 1, unlock card-r from Quez, then refine waters until the second zone where I take encounter none off the optional GF! IT'S ALL SO INTUITIVE!"

Why do kids lie online?

He has the worst taste in girls though. Rinoa probably can't handle him if she can get his blood flowing. Maybe not many girls can handle him, sans Edea or Ultimecia

Anyone got the image of a doujin girl using her forearm to measure a dick and how far up her stomach it would go? That's what I wanted to post.

Tidus' narration was probably the best part of the whole game. He really changed a lot since he got to Zanarkand.

Remastered high definition unbuttoned shorts, so detailed you can see what type of panties she's wearing.

I've only played the first one but the gameplay was pretty fun and, as a Disney fan, the environments were a joy to visit.

That said, everything I've seen of the retarded donut steal OC keyblade war stuff from later games looks like the gayest thing in existence and has put me off playing any further past the first game.

Nice reading comprehension, you fucking imbecile.

Cloud
>"I love to snowboard and want to be a badass soldier! So what if my past isn't how I remember it? Let's line in the present."

Squall
>"I love to play card games and love my friends! If we work together we can, we can accomplish anything."

Tidus
>"I love to play sports and laugh! Nothing is set in stone. Yuna doesn't need to die, we'll come up with a plan!"

Lightning
>"Fuck, my vagina is constantly bleeding. Goddamn periods, cunt bitch. I fucking HATE everyone. You're all idiots!"

Why are female protagonists allowed?

didn't he only say that after all your shit got stolen though

Nice chastity cage, you fucking cuckold.

Yeah but its also pretty consistent with some of the stuff he said in the early AVALANCHE missions. There was one line that was something like
>"the only thing I care about getting paid and getting out of here before the Robo-guards arrive"

>game explains how junction works
>look through gf ability list to see what they can do, even has descriptions of what abilities do
>unlock card because curious
>see I can learn card refine for items
>learn that to see what items I get
>see other gf ability to refine magic from items
>go nuts seeing what I can get and how it affects my stats and proceed on
>get Diabolos as soon as possible because curious about what this item does
>cool devil gf with new abilities, better learn those and try stuff out

I'm sorry you never had a spark of curiosity that led you to try stuff out just to see what would happen and couldn't put 2 and 2 together as a child

>Why are female protagonists allowed?
Back to /r/MRA with you

>Lightning
Why not Terra?

Guess I'm fapping to Yuffie tonight

Definitely, I really like the contrast of experienced narrator Tidus against naive just starting out Tidus

>tonight
Why not every night?

Kururu is 14, actually.

Her sprite and Job Art just look 8 years old for some reason.

>make up implausible stories about directly discovering buried GF abilities on first playthrough all culminating to a perfect game low-level exploit

But why? It's not true, you won't convince others who played the game of it, so... why? On the hopes some naive user who's never played the game will think poster No.352564313 was cool?

He was for a bit but snapped out of it.

FF7 Cloud not only dropped shit like "let's mosey", but also gave smug as fuck hairflips constantly.

He also, in something that I will be sad to see go for the remake, would occasionally give the camera (and thus you, the player) a "fuck if I know, man" shrug whenever something weird happened.
That was actually a happy accident because the voice director was super fucking awful. James thought that narrator!Tidus was an older Tidus years after the game, he didn't know it was just Tidus at Zanarkand, hence the voice change.

Because Terra was actually a pretty good character. Lightning far less so.

It still might.

>Balamb Garden vs Galbadia Garden battle with real-time action combat with actual physics with actual-platforming.

>tfw 100% Death ailment on every one of Squall's attacks

>lightning
You didn't actually play the game, did you? She snaps out of hyperbitch mode about 15 - 20% into the game when Odin shows up and violently explains to her that she can either /ss/ or die.

?

Not only this but its a known fact that localization fucked her personality cut all her endearing dialog and tone. Not to mention the subplot of her and Hope's romance in LR

>durrr no one ever reads descriptions pays attention when things change ever
So are you going to sit there and tell me that when you saw "gf finished learning X ability" after a battle you never opened the menu to select a new ability to learn
Are you admitting to that level of retardation and expecting people to take you seriously
Also Cloud was a more well rounded, interesting, more intelligent, likeable, and stronger protagonist than Squall :^)

So like, make it easier at the lower end and make it harder at the higher end.

Also increase the rate of drawing and/or allow for a method to accelerate drawing that is somehow skill-based.

I never bothered with that once I figured out you could mash square or circle to change to another character and that it would still give a chance for limit to activate, my Squall was in constant yellow and renzokuken every turn

Cloud is my favorite protagonist. Usually jRPGs have a plot tist where the protagonist finds out he's a super special snowflake chosen one. Cloud is the opposite, he started out braging that he was a badass 1st Class Soldier, but it turns out he was a just a generic Shinra grunt trying to impress his sexy sexy neighbor. He has the best backstory of any jRPG protagonist.

Squall is pretty great too. His story is shit, but I thought he was hilarious. I don't think his sarcasm is edgy at all. Given what a bunch of clowns his team mates were, his reaction was attitude towards them was perfectly natural.

Zidane has a retarded special snowflake backstory as well, but he does a great job at being funny and entertaining.

Overall PSX protagonists were the best, everyone has at least one of them as their favorite.

I'd rank them:

1) Cloud
2) Squall
3) Zidane
4) Cecil
5) Tidus
6) Bartz
7) Terra
8) Lightning
9) Ramza
10) Vaan

WoL, Firion and Onion Kids are blank slates so they don't count. Only Zelda, Metroid, Chrono and Half-Life fans are autistic enough to pretend blank slates can be good characters.

Ramza is a boring piece of shit. People pretend to enjoy the bland and forgettable FFT characters to seem "mature" because of Matsuno's shitty and pretentious policial intrigue.

>"WAAAW I HAVE DADDY ISSUES HAHAHAHAHA" *drowns self*

No, I'm doubting your bullshit story about how on your first playthrough you immediately learned every ability necessary for the exploit right off the bat.

Here's something more plausible.

>mid-late through the game
>learned most of Quez's abilities, finally take Card just to finish him off
>don't want to sacrifice your cards because the card game is awesome, but still, sense of completion
>try refining a handful of super common low level cards, get shitty items
>finishing up other GFs and using their L/F/I/etc magic refines
>nothing really new since you've leveled past those spells by now
>make mental note for next playthrough
>next playthrough
>go after those abilities earlier
>get some nicer spells earlier
>few playthroughs later
>friend told you monsters scale with you
>go after Diabolos' Enc-None early
>refine early
>great playthrough

But that you just intuitively knew about monster scaling, refinement, and even though most of those abilities weren't even visible with starting GFs were the first things you shot after? C'mon.

At least lie plausibly.

The only issue with 8 is the shitty level scaling.

I have to agree with this guy. Everyone who played this game without guides and just vanilla grinded levels their first playthrough. The whole level scaling thing caught everyone by surprise.

Firion isn't the youngest

Gameplay is fun

Disney shit ruins everything else about it though
>We could have had a game based all around FF games with sora's story
>We got le epik disney shit instead and the jews at disney have the worst contracting in the world.

Cause tidus, albeit upbeat, is very, VERY grating on the ears. James Arnold Taylor destroyed what could have been a decently fun protagonist

>anything about Squall
>badass

what was good about this character is totally lost on you

He does the shrug in the remake trailer when he says "Not interested".

>tfw square's ultimania book explains eidolons are like personas, and Odin represents Lightning's obsession with father figures

Literally had to have her daddy come and smack her shit.

Lost on him but found in your mum.

He's not

>I and II
Unkown
>Luneth
>Cecil
>Bartz
>Terra
>Cloud
>Squall
>Zidane
>Tidus
>Vaan
>Lightning
>Noctis
20 - 30

Cloud's character is interesting for how much it varies based on periods of his life and circumstances. He always kind of a dopey, incompetent kid, never realized Tifa wanted his D, wasn't cut out for soldierman-ing but did it because he looked up to Sephiroth as a role model. It's sorta funny how Shinra is the real big bad in the game yet also entirely responsible for Cloud ever being able to kill Sephiroth who was the genuine threat

do we know how old Ramza was at the time of act I?

Apparently he was 16.

I was going to say something about Zidane being young too but isn't he actually some kind of magic space alien thing whose existence predates the rest of the race on that planet because he was specifically bred/created to harvest humanity for their spirit juice or some shit

>Also Cloud was a more well rounded, interesting, more intelligent, likeable, and stronger protagonist than Squall :^)

i know youre baiting but i strongly disagree

>Luneth
not cannon
>Zidane
His puppet body filled with an immortal genome soul is 16, so... technically?

Outside Pinnochios and fanfics, no one's younger.

I liked him.

The game tells you about the level scaling though, and the refinement abilities arent hidden either except for card, and while enc none is hidden enc half isn't and when you go back to look set a new ability to learn you see the new one
It really is basic and relatively intuitive, the only thing I did that wasn't on the min max list was enc none right away, I think I went for mug first
I'm sorry if ff8 is the top top of skill for you and children figuring it out just by trying stuff makes you feel bad

youtube.com/watch?v=-5FTJxfV3pc

Post more yuffie I'm about to cum

Squall is one of my favorite FF protags but he has the misfortune of starring in one of the worst games

Junctioning is really badly executed and levels/stats mean shit when there's scaling, not to mention the GFs play a way stronger role in combat than everything else put together

People don't seem to get this is supposed to be a fake, insincere laugh that Yuna was forcing him into because he was dad-mad

the VA doesn't do a great job but it was never supposed to sound like real laughter

Level scaling just doesn't work, user. Elder Scrolls is a great example of that.

It's actually easier to be as low leveled as possible.

>The game tells you about the level scaling though
Where?

>the refinement abilities arent hidden either except for card
The others are predicated on card to work. Card creates the items for them to refine.

>enc half isn't
And you passed over Darkside, something unique that you'd never seen before? Or the HP Buffs, also unique and first time seen on him? Ability x3? Diabolos has some exciting abilities, but your first playthrough was going after a hidden ability you didn't even know was there?

>the only thing I did that wasn't on the min max list was enc none
So you're still maintaining you hunted down hidden abilities and ran-XP exploited on the first playthrough? C'mon.

>I'm sorry if ff8 is the top top of skill for you and children figuring it out just by trying stuff makes you feel bad

It's not that it's hard to figure out. Most people do within a handful of playthroughs. It's pretentious liarfags like yourself who want to claim they magically knew it all on the first playthrough.

POST MORE YUFFIE I WANT TO CUM!!!

He was in the movie, which is still canon whether you like it or not.

>shoots-cuts self
kek

>Cloud
>"WAAAW I WANT TO BECOME A SOLIDER WAAAW" *cuts self*

yeah Cloud's whole "I'm not actually a hero" arc was all about how all he ever wanted to be was a soldier

you're a fucking idiot and now I hate Tidus out of principle. FFX sucks

I'd rather they remake a non-shit game like IX.

I got you, fampai.

Yeah but he's clearly referencing FF7.

Advent Children would be him whining about Aerith.

>IX
>not shit

For Squall it's actually

>"WAAAW I DON'T WANT ANYBODY TALKING ABOUT ME IN PAST TENSE WAAAW" *shoots-cuts self*

FFVII was the only game that made sense to give a full scale remake to

And I have faith in it turning out well solely because Square is not actually making it

Compared to VIII it isn't.

He was whining about Aeris in the ending of FFVII itself.

Advent Children is the one where he grows past it.

The VA does a great job precisely because he manages to make and hold a fake laugh without corpsing it until he's actually supposed to. Only retards think he was a bad VA because of that scene, but they also are stupid enough to miss the entire point of that scene and most of the game in general.

Cloud was always super lethargic and disinterested in everything which a bunch of retards seem to have construed as "emo" over the course of the last several years

Dude is at a lack for purpose because he literally had his identity taken from him, what do you want

He doesn't do any whining. He says he'd "like to go see her again" which could mean anything. In AC he was moping it up all over again after he abandoned his friends he constantly depended on throughout the game.

No one really thinks he was emo. It was just a meme perpetrated by FF6 fags who wanted to rundown the most popular Final Fantasy title.

He's talking about killing himself dude. AERIS DIES.

Advent Children he's the same Cloud he always was only the last scene has character growth where he realizes Zack was meant for Aeris and what purpose he managed to scrounge together really isn't so bad

Learn to read

Seed rank up exam questions

One being hidden doesn't prove you right, especially when it's behind an easily learned skill that turns enemies into cards, like a kid wouldn't think that's cool and go for it

Typo and you leave out where I said I went for mug first to grasp at straws

Never said I figured it out magically, I said I was curious and tried stuff out
If anyone's a pretentious fag it's you for claiming no one could ever figure it out on their first playthrough and acting like it's a difficult thing that takes multiple playthroughs and dozens of hours when the game dumps plenty of hints on what to do if you just read the terminal, talk to npcs, and actually pay attention

Advent Children's Cloud is some weird shit. When they were making the movie, they wanted to make him in line with how the fans saw him. They saw all the shitty fanfiction about him moping about Aerith and made him that way to fit the fans' perception of him.

I'm not making any of that up, either.

>In The Reunion Files for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Tetsuya Nomura explained that while Cloud was depicted as a more upbeat character at the end of Final Fantasy VII, he chose to have Cloud be a character fans would find more familiar, and the script was written to explain why Cloud had returned to such a frame of mind.
finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cloud_Strife

The actual source the wiki takes that from is the Reunion Files Artbook that was released. Here's a copy if you're interested, but I'm not sure it's in English; emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/[Artbook]_Final_Fantasy_VII_Advent_Children_-Reunion_Files-/2744

But yeah, Cloud's character change was some pretty surreal shit.

>Cloud at the end of FFVII
>upbeat

have you not caught on that some media artists straight up lie through their teeth in interviews because they know their fans are stupid?

Cloud makes players laugh but that never meant he was cheerful. He was always mopey. Chalk up him being a dork to the bad translation the English release got.

That's reaching quite a lot, considering Tifa also says "Yeah I'd also like to see her" or are you going to tell me she and the rest of the group are going to kill themselves too?

>where he realizes Zack was meant for Aeris

He never even loved Aeris to begin with you dumb CCbabby.

>Cloud Strife: All right, everyone, let's mosey.
>Cid Highwind: Damn! Again! Stop sayin' it like a wimp! Can't you say 'Move out!' or somethin'?
>Cloud just shrugs
>Cloud Strife: Move out!
Doesn't seem mopey to me, user. And that's right before the showdown with Sephiroth.

He's baiting, you idiot.

>bad English translation

He cares about getting his jobs done and that is all. This aspect of his character is established in the first half hour of the game and remains consistent. It takes Tifa literally breaking into planet soul juice to remind him he has other reasons for living, and a lot of them don't stick.

you're just retarded

Yes I know, anyone who thinks Advent Children was anything more than dumb fanwank shouldn't be taken seriously.

>This aspect of his character is established in the first half hour of the game and remains consistent.
Not that I noticed, but if you're chaling that up to incorrect translation, do you have a source that it really is bad English translation that changes his character? I've provided sources and evidence for my claims. I think it's only fair that you do so as well.

google it you fat cunt i'm not spoonfeeding you

He says "An answer from the planet...the promised land...I think I can go meet her...there." to which Tifa smiles and replies "Yeah, let's go meet her." And that's it.

the showdown with Sephiroth that gave him his entire sense of purpose and immediately left when he obliterated him from the afterlife and still didn't get Aeris back because he loved her on a level that left him confused (a maternal role, for lack of him ever having a real relationship with his mother. read about Sakaguchi's background and what major themes he had in mind for writing that game)

Not him, but I don't think anyone believes you. You're that one friend we all had that insisted he just "figured out" all the games secrets on his first playthrough. You probably don't even know why you habitually lie about it, but now you're in too deep and can't stop.

he was referring to where her hand reached out to her. where he killed Sephiroth who was a dead person and so was she.

are gamers so fucking stupid that something has to be spoonfed for it to be worth acknowledging as an idea being conveyed? is the entire premise of subtext lost on you retards?

>does a game with "this guy are sick" have translation issues

That's my primary reason to look forward to the remake, a better translation

>not him samefagging twice with the same manner of speech as him
OK

Hey you're the one trying to push your autistic headcanon where Cloud and friends saying they want meet Aerith again = them wanting to kill themselves.

Yes, but we didn't see such a thing until Advent Children. In Final Fantasy 7, he got his closure and was able to move on.
Oh I don't deny that it was a shoddy translation. What I am asking for a source on is the assertion that Cloud's character was so radically warped in the english translation. He's saying that Cloud was an emotionless mercenary/moper for the entire game and him getting more confident is due to bad English translation. That's what I'm refuting.

It's one thing to have errors like "this guy are sick", it's another to have such a vastly different characterization that it effectively changes the game.

The burden of proof is on you, faggot.

I misread the quote chain, I agree with you after reading it properly

>Squall
>Even the biggest badass in his own game
youtube.com/watch?v=tXWB5jQ_nuY

>One being hidden doesn't prove you right, especially when it's behind an easily learned skill that turns enemies into cards, like a kid wouldn't think that's cool and go for it
Right. Why do you faggots always tell the same kind of lies.

"I saw that if I timed the elevator right I could jump over bricks, and thought that would be cool. No seriously, I found all the warp pipes on my first playthrough!"

>Typo and you leave out where I said I went for mug first to grasp at straws
Right. You immediately and to the exclusion of everything else learned all the exploit abilities first, even the hidden ones... except mug! Do you think adding one ability in makes it seem more plausible? kys my man

>Never said I figured it out magically, I said I was curious and tried stuff out
And magically learned every single facet of a multi-tiered and mostly hidden game exploit on your first playthrough when you were 8. Try harder.

>If anyone's a pretentious fag it's you for claiming no one could ever figure it out on their first playthrough
I don't think you know what pretentious means. And the game absolutely did not "drop hints" about combining hidden GF abilities to attain a super powered low level character with end-game maxed magic stocks for your character. Figuring that out on your second playthrough? Unlikely, but possible. Third or fourth? Sure, you know the game pretty damn well by then. First though? Just randomly "stumbling upon" the dozen or so hidden combinations necessary?

You're a fucking liar and too fucking stupid to lie believably.

>some mopey faggot teenager with no character consistency

Yeah nah, not even the most badass protagonist in his own game.

>the Chicken Wuss
>badass

>anyone that doesn't believe me must be the same person
>i'm too much a master ruser for multiple people to not be taken in

Like I said, kys.

moron

Zidane was a specialized construct, the same as Vivi and all the black mages, but much more magically/technologically whatever advanced. The other Genomes were made as is, and soulless, but he was actually grown as a child and is a 16 year old thing at the beginning of the game.

Zidane is basically Goku in the first episode of DBZ where he's revealed to be a planet destroying alien. Kuja is essentially Raditz but with cancer.

It was pretty easy to find Triple Triad fun, see you can learn an ability to turn enemies into cards, then see you can refine cards into items, then into magic, and then go from there. That's all you need to get started. Don't get mad because people figured things out faster than you did.

no u

At the beginning of your first playthrough? You're full of shit. You probably didn't even pick up Card until Disc 2. And having mastered the magic refine system from there? Pieced together that Carding monsters gave no experience, that monsters scale with your level, that Diabolos' hidden Encounter-None combined with that effect would keep you low level while you exploited high-end magic? Like I said, at least lie believably. You know on your first playthrough you probably level grinded like a motherfucker the instant you got Ifrit's Str +1 level bonus.

W-WHO YOU CALLIN A CHICKEN WUSS?

>swattingflies.gif

>multi tiered and hidden exploit
It's junctioning magic to stats, and better magic = better stats, it's not rocket science
Please though, explain how it's more complicated than that and how it took you so much time to figure out and how much it triggers you that a 9 year old figured it out the game the year was released
And I did find 2 of the warp zones the first time I played those levels, I think I was like 4 but Mario also wasn't the first game I ever played so hidden areas and trying things that seem like it would fail wasn't foreign to me
I can't tell you how many dark souls deaths I've had just from jumping off stuff trying to find secrets

Cloud was more of a "smug cunt" than an "emo fag." He also fucked Tifa. Come to think of it, Cloud's based.

>It's junctioning magic to stats, and better magic = better stats, it's not rocket science
And the game holds your hand through drawing for magic. You finding hidden abilities to turn your cards into items that combines with abilities from later GFs to turn items into magic? And you finding and figuring out how to exploit that at the VERY BEGINNING of your first playthrough? Then stumbling on the scaling system, and then almost immediately finding the hidden GF and then finding his hidden enc-none power, and then putting all that together to have exploited low level power houses, because while figuring all this out, you had decided just randomly to not get any XP by running from battles?

Fuck off you stupid cuck.

Lightning
>"SNOW FUCKS MY SISTER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

What skin is it off your nose if that guy is so insecure he needs to tell people online he figured out all the mechanics and secrets of the game the second he picked it up? People lie online, it's what they do. Why get so bent out of shape?

This never happened in the game. Aerith was never originally intended to have a maternal role for Cloud, the only thing that was motherly-inspired about her was the death, when Sakaguchi and Nomura got the idea after her mother died and to show that death can be quick with no time for goodbyes.

Seriously, stop twisting the truth to fit your own headcanon.

First off I'm not that other guy. Card is the only ability Quezacotl has that's a command, that's an obvious first pick to learn because it sounds cool. Then you only have to use it to find out it gives no exp, but who cares you get cards and they can be turned into items and magic, which you know just by reading the refine abilities without even learning them.
>mastered the magic refine system
>you need to master selecting items in a menu to turn into magic
You don't even need to know about level scaling, only that you can get stronger without leveling if you junction, since junctioning is essentially the game's form of leveling. The game explains that. Don't get mad people figured things out faster than you, it doesn't even take anything away from your own playthroughs.

*his mother died

Fair enough, fuck it.

Hey, I take it back. You're pretty awesome for figuring out all the hidden mechanics before you even progressed in the game, even stuff that would've required you to level to attain, but somehow you didn't. It's very impressive. Maybe someday we can get all of Cred Forums together to suck your cock since you're so awesome and honest.

I'd still take the word of media artists over some autist on Cred Forums trying to push his headcanon.

>post yfw you realize pic related was the true FFXV

The first time I played Mortal Kombat, I was like "lets experiment with pushes buttons at the start screen, hmm, what does ABABABB do?" And just like that, Blood Mode. First try.

Card Refine isn't hidden, it's one of the first available GF abilities Quezacotl has alongside Thunder magic refining and Card. Shiva also starts with Ice magic refining. Running from fights and getting Enc-none isn't even necessary at that point but easy to notice since you already used Card. Then again, if you honestly didn't save and use the lamp right away you must be really boring with how you play games, since you consider getting Diablos to be "finding the hidden GF". Careful not to go upstairs, that guard said no one is allowed up there.

ill give everything for a VIII remake

Alright, I discovered level scaling on my first playthrough. It was because the difficulty was cyclical. At X8-X9 you're strong, but once you level up a little in Y1-Y2 you're weak. I remember hitting the low thirties and suddenly getting my ass handed to me, wasn't I just having no problems at all? So I started to follow the situation and sure enough I was strong at high thirties and weak when I hit low thirties (I was sure at level 42 versus the Oilboyles, the twin oil slugs under Balamb Garden). "You sons of bitches!" I thought.

Now my first playthrough also featured the following: No refine(didn't discover it was even a thing), almost exclusively GFs until Carry Armor in the missile base showing that that was a bad idea, "fair" lowish amount of stocking, since I didn't want to break the game and a stubborn conviction that since the other games weren't that difficult, the developers must've allowed a more relaxed way of stocking, otherwise the drawing would be work and not fun and because video games equal fun, that can't possibly be the case. They couldn't possibly be serious about this system. VIII killed my innocence. Also the playthrough took two months of non-stop playing and I couldn't beat Griever (Shockwave Pulsar wiped the party), and had to replay from the start and beat the game in two days. VIII is my most hated video game to this day.

He's not the youngest or most badass.

Older Noct already has the title of most badass and oldest FF protag.

>implying
Snow is all about doing things "properly." Even kissing Serah's pushing it to him. Serah died a virgin because Snow wouldn't do it and Noel was too busy obsessing over a shitty Yeul.

>still trying

It's so awesome how you never leveled up while leveling your GFs abilities up before you knew there was a such thing as Enc-None. Can I stick my tongue under your foreskin in admiration of your precognition?

The game does hold your hand for drawing though
The "hidden" ability is also barely hidden
Card items are also not the only ones that turn into magic and the early enemies drop plenty of magic stones
And who wouldn't try to get stronger when the game explicitly tells you junctioning is important and how to do it
And it's not even stumbling on the scaling system when the game tells you to take these tests to increase your rank and one of the first questions is literally "enemies scale with squalls level, true or false"
And what hidden gf, the one Cid literally gives you the item for that you can immediately use that has an air of mystery about that you want to find out what it does
And the last one is goal post moving adding in extra conditions like running away from every battle, even without that everything I've mentioned is easily done sub level 15

Why are you so triggered, was ff8 the one thing you were decent at in life, did you identify with Squall a little to much, did a blonde guy steal your girlfriend

Then who is the youngest?

Only if they can find a way to make Rinoa appealing and keep the tension a bit higher through that stretch of game between the Garden fight and going to space

Onion Knight/ Luneth. 14.

Dressing up as a woman and out-seducing Tifa and Aeris seems pretty damn badass.

See Luneth if you count the DS version of III, if not than Zidane physically at least.

Thats pretty gay

Still not the other guy but feel free to fellate, if you're so amazed people happened to have a different experience in a game than you that meant they were better at it. Like I said though, you don't even have to avoid fights after you set yourself up in the beginning with card refining, you're more than strong enough to handle anything and outpace any levels you gain.

I haaaate that scene with zidane. It's such a 180 and it makes him look like such a little cunt compaired to the rest of the cast.

Damn, he looks great.

What's the story behind Old Noctis?

No my friend, simply dressing up as a woman is gay
Dressing up as a woman and be convincing enough to top one of Final Fantasy's biggest semen demons is an achievement.

For me it went more like:

First playthrough you eventually figure out that monsters scale with you. If it's not the SeeD test, it's just from scanning enemies and slowly putting 2 and 2 together. Card Refine I thought was mostly for getting their new weapons. Mesmerize turns into a Mesmerize Blade, I still remember. It was much later in the game when I was like level 72 and dealing with Bahamut that I started fucking around with the magic refine and put together the Card refine + Item refine combo.

My second playthrough I had some decent early level spells, but the only magic spells that are really available until Timber were like Water and Curaga. Not exactly game breaking. And at the time, I still didn't get why being minimum level was any kind of benefit over being higher level. As far as I was concerned, leveling meant permanently raising my stats with things like Ifrit's Str Bonus, Siren's Magic Bonus, etc.

My third playthrough was when I held off leveling entirely because I wanted to get ALL the stat bonus abilities first. And that was when I'd perfected the exploit.

It seems WILDLY unlikely that someone figured it all out on their very first playthrough before inadvertently leveling past it.

30 year-old Noctis does look pretty awesome so far.

Hyperbolic Time Chamber of Kings.

He put on the kings ring and also 10 years pass in the game

All we know is that XV will have a 10-year timeskip for the second half of the game.

No, I'm sure that you're two separate people always posting longer than a minute apart who happen to have the exact same typing style and had the same unbelievable story about accidentally stumbling upon perfect playthroughs their very first time. I mean, surely someone who was so pathetic that the thread kept ridiculing him over making shit up wouldn't be so sad as to start samefagging, would he?

wasn't only don corneo fooled?

And Scotch and Kotch.

And me.

I was a bunch of playthroughs before I'd heard about the low level exploit. I thought it was better to grind levels early. Those Bombs next to Balamb would let you draw Firaga and Meltdown at high enough levels!

What I've always found hilarious is that both R=U and Squall is dead vastly improve the story of FF8.

In my experience, people who prefer the fanfic stories are the people who don't understand the themes of the actual game.

Yeah we sure look identical. You're insanely upset that people were able to find this stuff when you couldn't, you're even acting like people other than you care about it. And I'll say again I didn't avoid fights since I had the magic already so I just played on.

>he's still trying

pretty sad tbqh

"wah people are better than me it's not fair"

>half a dozen people share stories about learning the game mechanics over a few playthroughs
>one autist gets pissed when no one believes he figured out hidden mechanics while unintuitively not leveling to attain abilities he didn't know was there to make an exploit-heavy perfect first playthrough
>"e-everyone else must suck! it's not that i'm lying on the internet!"

I genuinely feel sorry for you. What's happened in your life that this is so important for you that everyone believe it?

Oh come on, FF8's story wasn't difficult to follow, it just got really dumb

It's not that it was hard to follow, it's just that people missed so many of the themes. Like fate.

Laguna and Raine were in love with one another, but tragically torn apart. Their children, ignorant of their parents' romance, end up falling in love with one another. Laguna starring in a random movie was a precursor to Seifer's fate as the Sorceress' Knight. Everything from his romantic dream to his fighting style.

When you start looking through the game as everything being pro-ordained and no matter how hard people pull against it or drift from their fates, they're pushed back to it. They were orphans split up, sent to the far corners of the world, struck with amnesia, but all inexorably brought together by fate again. That goes from some groan-worthy twist to being a plot-reaffirming moment.

Ultimecia therefore is the ultimate expression of the plot.

I think you meant Laguna and Julia.

And there was also how Laguna and Raine raised Ellone like she was their daughter, and their actual son, Squall, who had no reason to know anything about Ellone always clung to her like an actual sister.

Why are you so mad that people figured things out faster than you? This is genuinely hilarious that you think someone figuring out how a game's abilities work is akin to some eldritch knowledge impossible for anyone to do. But keep stomping your feet I guess, doesn't change that learn Card, use Card, learn Card Refine and Magic Refine, make magic is a simple process. Maybe not for all of us but I don't judge, not unless you get so rectal Renzokuken'd about it.

It doesn't make me mad that you'd lie on the internet. It's just shocking that you keep trying despite how wildly unbelievable it is and how no one buys into it.

>goes from some groan-worthy twist to being a plot-reaffirming groan-worthy twist
ftfy

It always confused me how people got so bent out of shape about the orphanage twist. It's not a big twist in itself and the game doesn't linger too long on it, it very clearly is meant to illustrate how this was all destined to happen.

If you say so. Evidence seems to point elsewhere but I'll take your word for it.

Why was it groan-worthy to you? Did you think it was groan-worthy that Squall's father was the hero that overthrew the Sorceress before Squall became the next destined hero to overthrow the next one?

I'm the very first guy you replied to
Your post is deliciously ironic

>be 16 and played the game on an emulator while tabbed on GameFaqs with a walkthrough
>lie and say I'm 26
>claim I found all exploits on first playthrough with no internet or guides
>no one believes me
>call them all scrubs
>other people post realistic experiences with the game
>go for broke and attack anyone who posts, calling everyone shit
>wish this thread would just fall off already
>one guy keeps calling me out
>so desperate that've fallen back on 'u mad' memes
>why won't this end?

Life is suffering, isn't it?

21:36:57
21:38:51

Hmm.

>is bad at RPGs and gets mad when people are better than him

Good job. Incoming phone post strategically timed 10 second apart.

Joke's on you, they were five minutes apart with deliberately different file types and names! 2ruse4u

I still don't understand the transition into disc 2 from disc 1.

It's like something happened from a writing perspective, as if the first disc of VIII was some story written alongside VII's development and then they came back to it years later to go,

>Oh shit, what do we do now?
>Shouldnt we make this longer than VII?

>The entire cast were bffs from childhood when they were at an orphanage ran by the main enemy up to that point in the game
>they magically had all just forgotten because lel GFs make you forget things
>This happens even if you get there without ever once equipping a GF
>Irvine remembers, but never says anything at all
Come on here user, I mean come on

oh shit this is putting me to sleep i'm loving it. goodnight world

The game heavily foreshadows GFs causing memory loss throughout the game and even outright mentions it on the class terminal. It's also pretty obvious they would have equipped GFs before the events of the game during classes and training. That's made clearer since Squall already has Quezacotl and Shiva at his desk. Plus Irvine is constantly acting weird when he first shows up, then has to turn it around into being a lonely sharpshooter when no one seems to remember him.

You're right that its foreshadowed and in the class terminal, but that doesn't excuse how fucking stupid the actual plot twist is, it doesn't make it clever, it doesn't make it meaningful, its not DEEP, its fucking dumb, and I really did like FF8, but come on

So if Im the original guy and the second quote, and your the last quoted post, who was the third gunman

Everyone involved in this conversation needs to stop posting, you fucking autists.

Geez and I thought Cloud's English voice was dull.

whatever

It being set up well in advance if you take the time to notice it makes it fairly clever, and being used less as a twist and more as a means to fuel the game's main theme makes it pretty meaningful. Don't get too hung up on the twist itself.
You mean the first post in there or someone else? Because the first is the anal apocalypse'd guy, it was meant as a reply to him since everyone he disagrees with is clearly one person.

Aren't they supposed to be?
Personally I feel like Cloud and Squall's english voices are good considering the characters they're supposed to portray.

this game isnt even fucking out yet

Did squall have autism? Never talks much. Autisticly spends hours grinding and using draw on a defenselss cock gnome for optimal stats. Grand master triple triad player. Literally only time he interacts with party is to complety sperg out for no reason and after running off and crying under a bush for 5 minutes he's fine.

He's a lone wolf
But it's common knowledge that Lone Wolf is just a way to try beautify being a sociopath.

I cracked up at that scene. Everyone's been sitting talking while he's quietly having an internal monologue, so to everyone present, he just shouts "I won't have it!" out of nowhere like an idiot.

b-b-but that's reaslitic!

>basing plot around fate is stupid because I say so

Greek epics would like a word with you.

I just want an HD remake and stay in the first disc listening to Balamb Garden song for hours

Just go listen to the extended version on youtube or some shit.

Zidane was younger than him
Most bad ass? No

Sure he was, people who identify with him are also autistic.

Will dissidia arcade ever come to ps4

In time

If you have magical monsters living in your head you would be autistic too.

That's just scitzo
Autism is wearing a feather coat and think life as a teenager is the worst thing of all to live as.

No that's just a phase most faggot teenagers go through before they grow up and realize how retarded they were.

Cecil was groomed for the military and Bartz was just an adventurer with no guilty conscience.