Weeb game

>weeb game
>set in japan
>all the characters are Japanese
>game released with horrible english dub
>cannot switch the language or the only available subtitles are for the english language track

Why is this done? Isn't it fucking obvious that the only people who are going to buy weeb games are those that prefer the Japanese audio and projectile vomit whenever they an English dub?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wxPsucXGkm4
youtube.com/watch?v=1T_TLBZxY4U
youtu.be/CIB2zUdGSRQ?t=91
youtube.com/watch?v=iUanqolepHY
youtu.be/QHYwp55AL0M?t=2m12s
youtube.com/watch?v=FsvFQv9FVJE
youtube.com/watch?v=Qq2dZRx1NOE
youtube.com/watch?v=AYBqxGoK9iM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Maybe you should just get better taste and stop playing weeb games

play Japanese copie

Horrible compared to what?

Someone could replace your precious Jap audio with random gibbon screeches and you couldn't tell the difference.

Because, you're retarded. So retarded that you'll never learn Japanese, the language you claim is so superior despite having no knowledge of it.

>Game has japanese with sub
>the translators were lazy or just shit and you have no idea what's going on in the story half the time

it's superior because I don't know what are they saying

I fucking dare you to explain that logic to someone IRL and watch their reaction.

But that wouldn't work, since your autism limits recognition of emotions.

>Someone could replace your precious Jap audio with random gibbon screeches and you couldn't tell the difference.
>Because, you're retarded. So retarded that you'll never learn Japanese, the language you claim is so superior despite having no knowledge of it.

>the language you claim is so superior
No one said that. I'd generally say the opposite. But it is the source language and has a number of differences from English that don't translate well. And that's cultural as much as linguistic.

But you're just looking to sperg out at something, so why bother.

>Game has Jap voices with EN sub
>Subs are terribles and don't match the voices at all
>retards keep saying subs are the best thing ever

It's pretty easy to tell if voice acting is shit even if you can't understand a fucking word they're saying

Case in point, unless you happen to understand Finnish,
youtube.com/watch?v=wxPsucXGkm4

By your logic subs are just as bad as dubs.

No fucking way this is official.

>I need to know the language to hear fluctuations, tonal difference, and emotions

You're obviously referencing Persona
FUCK you though

I actually have more trouble identifying emotions when I can speak the language, like german and french, sometimes I don't know if they are being serious or just joking.

Because most weeb publishers give it to shitty localisation companies that completely change dialogue.

Jap dubs wouldnt fit.

i think it is

youtube.com/watch?v=1T_TLBZxY4U

You don't have to speak a language to tell if the delivery is bad mate.

I don't know a lick of Japanese but I remember in a show I watched last year there was this one guy who would always say his catchphrase, something like "I'm getting fired up!" but it never sounded right. It came off as forced and really poorly done. It got a little better before I dropped the show but still had that half-hearted quality and I could see and hear that just fine despite it being in a language I didn't know.

Why would you torture your kids like that?
:DDDD

It's not just the literal meanings. They have very different sentence structure and convey emotions differently. When the character and camera movements, or just general scene structure, are written to sync up with a language that doesn't match what you're hearing, everyone looks like a complete spaz. Sometimes to compensate they'll write retarded translations to try to make the English fit, and it always sounds forced.

Even aside from that, if you understand even some really basic phrases you can fill in the gaps in the subs.

Hearing characters talk. like. thing. with. no. emotion. is. pretty. good. way. to. take. you. out. of. the. story.

depending on the material I feel this can improve things, but generally you should go for the original language.

>localized weeb game
>comes default with nip audio on

/thread

I prefer subs for anime and slow paced, dialogue/story heavy games, but I prefer dubs for intense, fast, or difficult games.

If I'm focusing on doing well and not dying and there's mid level/boss dialogue going on, I'd like to be able to focus on the fight instead of trying to make sure I see and understand what everyone's saying.

Yeah, that's a problem with the Attack on Titan game recently. You can't read and fight at the same time, so most of the dialogue is just noise.

will that ever get an english patch? did the anime even get a dub?

not that'd I'd watch it anyway, I thought the show went to shit after Eren started turning into a titan. concept makes for a fun game though.

Just because some people are too lazy to learn moonrunes doesn't mean I am. My GOTY is Japanese only as of right now.

>game never released outside of japan
>all the voice acting is in terrible English so you can still play it

Why the fuck is Atlus USA so stubborn about not including duel audio? They must know that some people prefer using Japanese with subs

Fucking metal wolf chaos

>change the name of the MC
>keep the original JP dub in
Why?

THE PEN IS MIGHITER THAN THE SWORD

best option and best girl

>people

>Shinku to Koh
>Kohaku is still Kohaku

Compared to good voice acting.
Western voice acting is shit unless you hire actually talented people like From does.
youtu.be/CIB2zUdGSRQ?t=91

>Someone could replace your precious Jap audio with random gibbon screeches and you couldn't tell the difference.
Why do people think that, just because you can't understand a language, you can't identify good acting?

Do you think there's no way for an English-only speaker to know whether or not Gackt is a good singer?

Like, what the fuck kind of logic is this?

Why the fuck do the Digimon partners (and no other Digimon) have this weird echo filter?

This undoubtedly sounds bad, despite me knowing no Korean.
youtube.com/watch?v=iUanqolepHY

>dual monsters

Comments like this make me think people on Cred Forums have actual, legitimate autism. You really can't get audio cues from tone? If I hear a Mexican yelling at me angrily, I know he's not fucking happy.

>weeb game
>set in japan
>all the characters are Japanese
>people in the west bitch about the cast nothing but white people

Japanese Yugioh isn't much better with its English, honestly.

A few years back, I saw a reviewer make sense of that as a normalfag once. Basically, he said "The voices in this game suck ass, so I switched it to Japanese. I'm not really Japanese voice fan or anything, but hey, if it sucks in Japanese, at least I can't tell."
youtu.be/QHYwp55AL0M?t=2m12s

Is this what Korean rap sounds like? Why is there a trumpet?

The anime is retardedly popular in America, so of course it has a dub. Americans will not watch an anime otherwise.

Devil May Cry is like this, if I recall correctly. Don't know why Capcom thought Dante's cracking voice sounded good. Also, DonPachi.

People have a bizarre tendency to empathize more with a language they speak than a language they don't. It's racist, but true.

>Buy a game not knowing much about it
>Toss it in and start playing
>All the voices are in Japanese and it's about lesbian vampires

From had to get good voice actors because there is no Japanese track for Dark Souls. They were trying really hard to get the white person money.

Darkstalkers?

Pretty sure it's rock, user.

But Japaneses hip-hop to this day has ties to what's now old-school hip-hop in the West. That jazzy influence. I wouldn't be surprised if Korea is similar.

youtube.com/watch?v=FsvFQv9FVJE
youtube.com/watch?v=Qq2dZRx1NOE
youtube.com/watch?v=AYBqxGoK9iM

Honestly it's pretty dope

>Japanese game is eng dub only
>weebs still beg for a japanese dub

That makes sense in the case of Resident Evil. First one was English only, with VAs handpicked by Capcom, and we got lines like Jill sandwich.

>It's racist
Languages aren't races

So why can only black people say nigga?

Gookspeak is typically spoken by gooks, Crackerspeak is typically spoken by crackers. It's not a coincidence.

Technically anyone can say it, just gotta be aware of the people around you.

Nights of Azure.

"Nigga" is a word, not an entire language

>Gookspeak
That's a funny way of saying Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, etc.
>Crackerspeak
That's a funny way of saying English, French, German, Swedish, Finnish, Greek, Welsh, Irish, etc.

Unless, for some reason, you thought that there were only like five or six languages and they were each prescribed to a different race?

There is some process they do when dubbing to match up mouth movements with english words.

it take me right out of the anime. i prefer sub because almost every-time the dub has less emotion. i may not be able to understand moonspeak, but the Japanese are pretty good at exclaiming emotion with nothing but the voice.

not that there are not good dubs. but if you think the majority are better than the sub, you're an uneducated normie

>ching chong ping pong ding dong ning nong
>good

>shitposters bait people with good taste
>they reply
>shitposters continue
My favorite episode

>people with good taste
Funny joke