Now that the dust has settled, let's face it, it was pretty good

Now that the dust has settled, let's face it, it was pretty good

To be honest, I was afraid that it's gonna be horrible and cringy, like all game movies are, but I was surprised with a solid B+ film

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DgZdlGZ2_TQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Durotan carried the movie.
Now that the dumb human actors are killed off I hope to see a better roster of actors.

Yeah, I can't agree, Orc lore/history will always be way better than human or anything from alliance for that matter

wait is that shrek? what the fuck

honestly i hope they make an overwatch movie

I never played the games and I enjoyed the film a lot. The orcs parts anyway. Reviewers kept saying that non-players wouldn't understand the story. I understood it fine.

I even saw it alone because none of my friends wanted to see it. Only movie I've ever seen by myself.

Thrall is top shrek

glad you liked it cause the sequel isnt being released in murica or anywhere else other than china.

I hate to admit it, but legion is actually pretty good, you should consider trying it out, can always use more orcs

Well, if I can deal with cheesy cgi, I can deal with subtitles

I went to see it with a friend I used to play WoW with and we both fucking cheesed at each other when they did that swooping shot into Stormwind and it was straight out of the game.

not video games

it will be english no matter where it's going to be released.

The movie was okay, a step in the right direction for vidya movies for once

But I feel like they were trying to make the next LotR epic movie and it just came off as those cheesy as fuck narnia movies with those awful fade-cut shots and shitty pacing.

The only part that made me cringe was the end with baby thrall roaring. But I still thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the movie.

And it was received well enough to the point we might see arthas/illidan movies down the line, which if done well could be solid kino.

>Not just making it full CGI
>All these faggots who get angry outside of Cred Forums because I mention this
>YEA WELL IT GOT OKAY'ED FOR 2 MORE SEQUELS DEAL WITH IT
>Remind them it was thanks to chinks
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

a murloc appeared
10/10

The kid villain from New Police Story is Gul'dan.

it COULD have been pretty good

But it ended up horribly average

youtube.com/watch?v=DgZdlGZ2_TQ

Like why is this not in the movie?

Worgen lore is kinda cool but to bad it's mostly in books and not in the fucking game.

>horrible and cringy, like all game movies are
It's not my fault you haven't seen Ace Attorney faggot

orcs were too big

The parts with med'ivh when he gets Sargerasy are weirdly edited, like they were missing half the shots and the editor had to make do with what was left to try for cohesion.

He resorted to splicing in Khadgar and what's his face's battle into the action with the orcs but it was blatant that something was off.

Male human leads were both terrible Khadgar was not as bad, but young or not he seemed way too much like a normal real life neckbeard than the fantasy mage he is in the games.

If either of them tried being a little more grandiose than just grunting out the script I might have hope for a franchise.

Orc stuff was top though, human stuff rubbish. Mainly because orcs are CGI perfect and humans being real humans in cartoon armour is stupid.

yes yes fine whatever it was fine
can we PLEASE get a diablo or starcraft movie now?

for you

Now that the dust has settled, let's face it, retarded faggots who start "now that the dust has settled" threads are cancer and should all die.

Medivh looked retarded in his "demon" form

Are we really having a serious discussion of the shit stain that is warcraft lore?

>Worgen lore is kinda cool
kys

The books are trash. Kill yourself

i thought it was awful in every way

muddled story which doesn't move well, characters you aren't going to know or care about if you don't play wow, bad cg, bad cg, bad cg, story is muddled and doesn't move well, bad cg, story doesn't move well, 40 minutes too long

just awful desu. if you liked it it's because you played wow (loser)

>books based on video games
>they're bad
wew lad what a surprise

>movie too long

Nigga it needed 40 minutes longer to flesh out the human characters more.

Either way we'll not see anything for a while as Duncan Jones' kid was born just after the movie so I doubt he'll be rushing to start travelling to work for a year or so.

>Ace Attorney

You mean that movie that was blue and dark and not at all like Ace Attorney should be?

how is it that blizzard makes the greatest cutscenes of all time, but then they try to do movie cgi and end up so shit at it?
but really, what the fuck where they thinking when they put live action people in it? their game cutscenes look a thousand times better even with cgi people

you'll not see anything for a while because it was awful. duncan jones utterly failed as a director, there's no telling what is going on in the movie

also human actors in front of cg has already been proven to be the worst thing you could possibly do. so why did they do it?

They were thinking they didn't want to have a movie that cost half a billion dollars to make.

Easiest answer

well its not like they dont have the money to throw around
theyre fucking blizzard

>human actors in front of cg is always terrible

Go away Cred Forums.

And no he clearly didn't fail as a director becuase it got good audience reviews and having a lot of people like your film is not failure, the only people who seemed to solidly dislike t are the Americans, and I don't think the American market is the solid seal of quality that it thinks it is.

On top of that it made money in the most important film sector right now. Being such a high grossing film in china without any specific Chinese pandering is actually a much bigger deal than you imagine.

It WAS horrible and cringeworthy.

What sort of subhuman intellect could possibly consider this embarrassing molestation of potentially great lore anything other than an utter failure?

I'm hijacking this thread to say they need to make a Metroid Movie with Emily Blunt as Samus.

Been thinking this ever since I saw Edge of Tomorrow.

This movie is really popular in china?

Why?

Yeah lets just make literally the most expensive movie ever while testing the waters for the property in the film market.

Are you fucking retarded? The movie was about making money.

It'd cost a fuckload of money if it was Blizzard CGI, idiot.

>I don't think the American market is the solid seal of quality that it thinks it is.
ok. what did europe think of it then?

Shit

Blizzard didn't do the CGI.

>dat push up when you first see her in the training spot.

>I understood it fine.
No, you understood a retcon. If you had played the games you notice how bullshit it is.

>female SAS soldier
baka

Lel, real neckbeards play D&D and Warhammer anyway.

>Like why is this not in the movie?
Because they didn't want the orcs to be so much more likable than the humans that it would upset the normies.

If you believe this, then your viewpoint is coloured by the love you have for the games, I'm sorry. You probably just got a kick out of seeing the lore and characters realised with big-budget effects on the silver screen, and you're justifying it any way you can.

Durotan was the best part of the movie, but he's reasonable/human-like to the point where I have no idea why he's as respected as he is. Like, compared to every other shitbag warmongering orc, he's a complete pussy, and its never demonstrated why anyone would follow or listen to him really.

Him aside, the rest of the movie was poorly plotted, paced and acted. The human actors was so cringeworthy - especially the apprentice wizard who appears out of nowhere and becomes a main character on a quest for no reason. His delivery was consistently awful. The evil wizard hamming it up was slightly amusing, though.

I haven't played any of the Warcraft games, and the movie made no attempt to endear the lore or world to me at all, outside of the first few minutes in the orc planet - that wasn't too bad. But as soon as they're hopping on griffins and flying to cities in the sky or whatever else was happening, it just becomes childish bullshit.

It was a trainwreck and I'm glad it flopped.

>you understood a retcon

And? I don't plan on playing WoW ever.

It's inthe Director's Cut.

No, it was shit and if it weren't mandatory for every Chinese citizen to give Blizzard money it would have flopped.

Because it had Warcraft in the title and a bunch of white people got violently murdered.

Orc side was great. Human side was boring. Cliche as fuck. Still kind of loved it.

It's sitting at a rocketing 28% on rotten tomatoes. Just burning through those numbers.

Probably has to do with the marketing blitz over there. Legendary Pictures is Chinese-owned nowadays, and there was considerable Chinese financing (something like 25%), so it's likely a lot of marketing money was spent in it's home region.

It went down well with European audiences. The biggest movie of the year (captain america 3) only took about 5-6 million more dollars in france and germany than warcraft.

>no Arthas fall from grace story
It's shit Jim

>WoW
Confirmed for jackass.
This is in fact true.

>Tolkien derived fantasy about humans is cliche as fuck
Breaking news!

Everyone knows rotten tomatoes is bullshit. Just look how unfairly they treat any DC movie while sucking off everything Marvel.

You have no idea how popular Warcraft 3 was in China do you?

>arthas fall from grace

The most boring shit ever. If that is the best Warcraft has to offer, it doesn't have much.

first part of the movie was shit, the rest was nice. 7/10 at best film.

Just watch Episode III.

Are we talking about the Zack Snyder DC movies? Those were just so bad.

Rotten tomatoes is a fucking review aggregator. They don't "think" anything, and review aggregations isn't something useful to anybody either.

Went to watch it with my friends being the only one who's played a Warcraft game, now all of them play WoW.

I'd say it did it's job.

Blackhand True Orc

#OrcishPrideWorldwide

Man of Steel was better than any Marvel movie made so far.

It sure is but it's something they can't fuck up

>gets one shotted by a human
>not Orgrim wrecking niggers with his hammer

Also I suspect unlike America, Europe and China have less hangups over "noble savage" plotlines that involve white men carrying the torch for misunderstood natives that live close to nature.

A really instructive comparison would be Cameron's Avatar, which also did really well in the Chinese market and featured a lot of similar elements (human teams up with non-human noble savages, extensive use of CG-rendered people). In America this sort of plot is cliche and feels like a ploy for cheap feels.

The way it works is totally fucked tho.

49.9% is a rotten review
50.1% is a fresh review

It's somehow even worse than metacritic.

opinion discarded

I haven't seen someone so wrong before in a long time. Though you, oh, that is just delicious. Lets just watch Superman destroy building after building in the last act. Also man of steel was also critically panned (Beyond RT)

Superman is a boring hero.

>Lets just watch Superman destroy building after building in the last act

Exactly. It's a perfect display of his power. The only thing that's missing is actually showing the death toll in the millions.

>let's face it, it was pretty good

No, it definitely was not. Maybe if your only exposure to Warcraft is WoW but otherwise it was shit.

>cosplay-tier human costumes
>cosplay-tier acting
>useless changes to the lore
>brown orcs
>no demons
>FEL this, FEL that, FEL, FEL, FEL
>no Warcraft I iconic units
>needless changes to the lore
>green blood

They should've just adapted The Last Guardian but WoW babbies would get confused by lack of heroic Orcs.

wish they would show something besides heat vision for the 30'd time

Also if you want -direct- reviews of the Warcraft movie go to fucking Metacritic. The highest critic rating on there is 75 while others are either 40-60 and the majority being rather negative.

You can stop sucking Warcraft's cock already because they made legion and you love it so much you fucking idiot.

Blackhand is more fleshed out in this scene. It explains why he was still brown even though the rest of his clan went green giving him a sort of warrior's pride. I mean he is the Warchief leading a bunch of greenies as a brownie.

Getting a tooth pierced sounds painful.

>no Warcraft I iconic units
Seriously this, no units, no buildings, no fucking peasants/peons. It was fucking lame.

Maybe if you're a fan of the setting and the characters. As a stand alone movie it's nigh unwatchable.

Human segments were way too rushed. Humans also looked retarded.
The storytelling felt all over the place.
Solid 6/10 because of the orcs.

This, I wouldn't be too surprised if they went full cgi for the sequel since the human actors were the weakest aspect of this movie and Capcom and Square already make full cgi straight to dvd movies which seem to do well no reason Blizzard couldn't do the same.

>plastic weapons and armor

Straight to china

It wasn't bad. I look forward to seeing more, but not nearly as much as I look forward to seeing other movies.

They really should have just started with WC3. WC1 & 2's story is just insignificant.

Wasn't WC1 story like a quickly cobbled together mess because it was meant to be a Warhammer game?

Well the movie bombed in Europe too and Avatar still did extremely well over here so I'm pretty sure the 'noble savage' trope had nothing to do with it and has alot more to do with poor advertising and Western audiences aversion to high fantasy which isn't presented in a gritty or 'realistic' way like LOTR.

Or, wait a minute... listen to this... make a new story in the same universe. UNEXPECTED!

Warcraft I story came when Warcraft 2 hit the shelves. The whole thing was explained in the WC2 manual.

No. They just had to do it right. But doing it right would be going against Metzen's autism and lust for green cock.

>WC1 and 2 story is insignificant

Nigger, Warcraft 2 is where half the important shit happened.

Wish they didn't have live-action at all desu

>which isn't presented in a gritty or 'realistic' way like Game of Thrones
Fixed.

you're just mad people don't reply to your threads

The movie was fantastic for a b fantasy film.

the movie made me instantly feel like a huge fan of the WC rts games again.

>(Current Year)
>Expecting something original from vidya
>Expecting something original from movies
>STILL (Current Year)

Do you know where you are, user?

Don't know why they cut Grom's speaking scene

I'm worried for the Metal Gear Solid movie now.

Yea Avatar was really popular over here and for a good reason too.

Although I doubt it has anything to with high fantasy and more with the overall quality of the movie.

>it was pretty good
no it wasn't.

not that i disagree, but even bothering to call warcraft "tolkien derived fantasy" is like watching a toddler doodle his house with crayons and then saying he stole the design from the architect's blueprints
its like a deaf person attempting to whistle a song they heard a decade ago and then suing them for copyright infringement

lotr wasnt gritty at all, it was mundane and practical with the orcs just being ugly green humans
warcraft is exaggerated and ridiculous and cgid to hell with the orcs being hyperrealistc strongman caricatures
just because something doesnt have a case of the chronic marvel snarkiness doesnt mean its gritty

Some of the changes they made were pointless.

The Garona thing pisses me off the most and makes the least sense.

I myself would LOVE to fuck a fem zug-zug, but the rest of my family was appalled by the idea of Medivh having gone to Draenor and fucked a massive-ass non-human orc bitch.

Why didn't they just make her half-draenei, half-orc? She was also the worst looking part of the movie too.