More old zones than new

>more old zones than new

Aaaand hype dead. Anyone else cancel their CE preorder?

Other urls found in this thread:

tssznews.com/2016/09/20/iizuka-on-sonic-twitch-stream-sonic-mania-will-have-more-classic-levels-than-new-ones
youtube.com/watch?v=E5ah_XGdobM
youtube.com/watch?v=BQ1rnCvyWsc
youtube.com/watch?v=H2OWC5Hosv8
youtube.com/watch?v=iPNgC3gBaq4
youtube.com/watch?v=0-ITZbqTcik
youtube.com/watch?v=E9B9Fvr1ehw
youtube.com/watch?v=9h8eu5jf2F4
youtu.be/6w9OODfoYeA
youtube.com/watch?v=fEfKC4sxTG8
youtube.com/watch?v=Rrau9DCcXe8
youtube.com/watch?v=qYJkol00JCE
youtube.com/watch?v=Pwz_EVYRTM4
youtube.com/watch?v=hSUZZXGbipc
youtube.com/watch?v=wwM5Kr4SG6c
segaretro.org/Takashi_Iizuka
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Source?

tssznews.com/2016/09/20/iizuka-on-sonic-twitch-stream-sonic-mania-will-have-more-classic-levels-than-new-ones

Comments are blowing up between damage control and disappointment and rage

I'm curious what the zones are before then.

Hoping for Hydrocity and Stardust Speedway.

Source is from OP's ass

Holy shit, why would they do that? I mean, I'll still probably get the game, but that's pretty stupid.

My hype is a little bit deflated but if you're not going to buy it just because of this, that's just retarded and overreacting.

>Maybe it won’t be so bad if some of the “classic levels” are 2D versions of 3D “classic levels.” But otherwise, the original Sonic games are pretty easy to get a hold of legally, so I don’t see the need to repackage them. But yeah, my anticipation for this game dropped by half. It’s probably a good thing they didn’t announce this fact along with the game.

I'm kinda on board with what this guy said about 3D zones being turned to 2D ones but I'd really like more proper new zones.

It gets even worse when you consider the flagship 2017 game will have Sonic share his spotlight with classic sonic, which means less new stuff as a whole.

Stop clinging to the past classic fags.

why is this a bad thing?

You bought this when it was 50 dollars and called Sonic Generations

and besides, their version of GHZ is 90 % a new level so who gives a fuck?

Isn't it old levels but with S3&K inspired level design?

It still looks like a solid game.

Will they remake labyrinth and marble zone so they aren't fucking awful though?

Everything is kneejerk to them and were never going to get new content agian because people spent the last 15 years complaining about all the new ideas and zones

I'm still going to buy it, just cancelled my CE order and am waiting for a sale though

I just want the golden ring

Mario does it well, so Sonic has to follow suit. Damn shame.

believing hype ever

kill yourself if you preorder, hype, or shill ANY game before its out and you've played it.
fucking children on this board, I swear to god.

>You bought this when it was 50 dollars and called Sonic Generations
Because that was the point of Generations.

How does Classic Sonic in 2017 mean less new stuff? Iizuka already said it's not Generations 2, so that probably means it's all new levels. Stop jumping the gun so quickly.

Positive that Angel Island zone is in Mania due to it could be related to the story and Knuckles.

>
>Because that was the point of Generations.

and what do you think the point of this is

The actual layouts will still be new, they'll just reuse the same visual style. And as we saw with Green Hill the graphics will be updated as well

If it's at least 12 different zones that's still fucking cool.
Plus I'm sure they'll do something different with the bosses / second acts.

Maybe by old zones they could also be implying stages brought over from Chaotix etc.

I mean,i don't mind really,there will still be new stages,besides,the old ones are like skin,they will have different stage design,judging by green hill at least,instead of disapoint,that is still too early for that,i hope they put in music plant zone

Ive been seeing this for months and think it would be an awesome way to approach the rehash situation. Give levels from 3D games a brand new 2D pixelated remake. So many good levels from sonic adventure, heroes, 06, unleashed, colors. Would satisfy both fanbases

You guys are aware even Green Hill zone had whole new paths and locations added, and that was described as the _least_ changed map

>that spoiler
MY NIG.

I have faith in Taxman.

My eternal pessimism was right. Suck it whiteheadfags.

Goddammit Sega

>Sonic games try to do something innovative in 2006
>everybody hates it
>sonic games continue to try different things out
>"just kill sonic please!!"

>Sonic finally caves in and does classic shit
>"oh my god how dare they not buying this game now!!!"

Why would you cancel your CE just for that?

>a little dinky cave (idea ripped from generations btw lol) that feels randomly forced in and is barely seen is le crazy brand new remake wow its so fresh

What a disappointment, they've given up on 3D games and they can't make proper 2D games anymore...I've never said this, even when 06 and boom launched, but this series is finally ready to die I feel. After being a fan of this series for the last oh 20 or so years, I think I'm hanging up the autism.

>Green Hill is the tamest

What did he mean by this?

Depends how much content there is in the game, if there is like, say 15 new zones and only 5 are new then fuck off.

But if its a fuckton of levels with only like 2 or 3 more old levels then I'm still on board

I still believe in the Tax

And here's what Whitehead himself had to say.

goddamn you're a fucking retard

Okay, but... how many zones is the game going to have?
If it has like thirty zones then who even cares?
If it has twenty, if it's a ratio of 9new/11old then it's still more than a single sonic game of new zones.

From what I understand the old zones are going to be heavily changed too so they might be as good as new zones.

I understand the complaints though, people want a new sonic game, not another sonic rehash.
Even if it's a damn good looking rehash.

After seeing the shit he pulled off with the spike pit in Sonic 2, I'm 100% on this train.

Sonic 2006 was Adventure 3, the rushed shitty edition, there was nothing innovative except a physics engine

Because I don't think this game is worth spending
$70 on, or even $20 or whatever they want normally. If they want to sell an old game with small touches, I'll pay up to $10 for it.

>WAAAAAH WAAAAAH PREORDER CANCEL ITS NOT FAIR BROS

The game is really fucking big, and all the stages are revamped with new content and design. Stop being such fucking manchildren.

Sea may be filthy liars but Taxman aren't. They said this was the least changed zone of all.

>Sonic Team wanted to celebrate the classic titles in a new and exciting way

I fucking knew the "more levels than generations" was too much to be fucking true. Of course the remakes had to be the majority

is detective pikachu still a thing

>I will only pay 10 dollars max if SEGA doesn't pander to me

Can you retards not imediatly jump to conclusions for once? First of all we still don't know what the ratio of old and new is going to be, since for all we know it could be 8 old levels and 7 new ones. Plus we don't know what more old levels impiles exactly, because if you recall, Taxman and Stealth wanted to include the Sonic 3 multiplayer levels as full 2 act stages for their proposed Sonic 3 Remaster, so they might be doing that for Mania.

And that's not even mentioning the fact that we don't know just how drastic the other classic levels will be remixed, since Green Hill's the most tame in the game. And I'm sure that the other ones are going to be quite different since Taxman said in an interview that there's a story reason why Sonic's going back to these old stages, and that they're being treated as real places that changed a lot over the year.

tl;dr stop going full retard before we get to see more than one act of two zones

They never said "more levels than generations". They said it'd be longer than Generations.

Whatever that means.

People are forgetting that they are the same zones,yes, But they are completely redesigned level design wise with ost remixes.

Imagine how generations did classic level redesign, because that's pretty much what is happening here.

Mario doesn't reuse classic levels. The only one i remember was Throwback Galaxy.

>reveal trailer
>GET READY FOR A BRAND NEW 2D ADVENTURE!
>lol jk were just changing the order around, but youve played this shit already

They should spend less time making plastic dolls and more time making new levels.

it came out if that's what you're asking

Classic sonic means gameplay with him that is not the same as current sonic. We have had more than our fill of classic sonic action as of late, and the single post-generation modern sonic outing was an experimental smorgasbord of shit with Zetis.

And now, after waiting so long, we won't get a full experience, no sonic has to charge the spotlight and the gameplay with muster won't die.

Fuck you classic sonic.

It's Sega we're talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if Seaside Hill h=got into this thing somehow.

>levels are completley remastered and have new minibosses
>its not new levels

>sell an old game with small touches
Wow dude. You make it seem like the game is going to be only old levels. Are you thick?

I thought, from the gameplay we've already seen, the old levels had new shit in them? That's more of a reason to buy it, to see what has changed.

But user, I want to kneejerk over pointlessly vague shit!

Sonic is dead! Game ruined!

>complete remaster
>they look, sound, and play the same but the paths are mixed up a bit
>oh and more than half the game will be old stuff too btw lol

At least Green Hill got a new background...I guess.

Still have to deal with endless remixes though.

More levels than Generations has nothing to do with new vs old.

>WE WANT OLD SANIC
>WAT OLD SANIC?!?!? LMAO

>its okay when capcom does it

>look
>play
>the same

Half of GHZ was overhauled and the background was changed, even getting a miniboss, and they said it was the LEAST different

>endless remixes
The ratio is going to be like 7 new stages to 9 old at least

>DUDE THE SAME EXACT OLD SONIC LMAO
>U WANT NEW GAME? FUCK U HERE NEW OLD GAME LMAO

I mean pressing that nostalgia button. Yeah, Tails and Knuckles are playable and it'll look good with having an actual budget and stuff, but this could have been better. Studiopolis will really be appreciated now. It's 2D Sonic Generations at this point, with extra stuff.

Its different though

did you watch any footage dumb shitposter

good thing they're working on a new game and confirmed as such when they fucking announced sonic mania

why does it seem like everybody wilfully ignores sonic 2017

Generations could get away with that for the first half because remastered 3D versions of old zones was the coolest shit. Once you got to the levels which already were 7th Gen it sort of lost it's appeal.

With Mania being essentually just a Saturn game all those old zones are going to look and play like they did on the Genesis. Unless every Zone has a cpool new area like Green Hill's undergrouund...and that's just a reimagining of something already introduced in Generation's version anyhow.

Not to mention Sonic 3 levels already have multiple backgrounds anyway.

name me one good 3d sonic game

Because it's obviously going to be shit. Please don't tell me that shit looks decent to you.

What parts look like shit?

Literally no one wants that. Please fuck off.

read
bitch

The reason there's more Classic zones than new is because they carried over the idea from the planned Sonic 3K port and are making the 2-player zones full 2-act zones.

Screencap this.

Because classic sonic is in that shit too! Its going to play like sonic generations, which played worse than colors, which played worse than unleashed. I don't want generations 2, I want a new game like unleashed or colors was. Every fucking sonic game now has an autistic "it must be like classic sonic, it must have classic osnic, it must be inspired by sonics roots, it must go back to sonics roots" etc quota shit attached to it now.

>everybody willfully ignores sonic 2017

For good reason. There has never been a good 3D Sonic game. It looks like it's trying to be le dark and edgy fedora XD. I'm not 10 years old anymore.

>Unless every Zone has a cpool new area like Green Hill's undergrouund
We've been told that each zone is supposed to have 3 expansive layers to explore. Plus we're not exactly sure how much they're going to change in each zone, aesthetics-wise, since Green Hill is the tamest. We'll need to wait and see.

I was hoping for half new and half old. If we get at least 4 new zones out of this I'll be satisfied.

Sonic Colors was literally the first "Back to the roots" game

It removed most of the friends, the story was Sonic & Tails vs Robotnik and his Robot Pals

>A destroyed city means edgy fedora tier
????????????????

Generations and Colors are both objectively good, if not great games.

>small touches
Are you genuinely retarded?

>Chrome Gadget as a whole Zone
>Dust Hill Zone
>that one stage from Sonic Crackers
If this is what they mean, that would be cool.

If so then thats awesome

At least it had brand new environments and music

>wanting a 3D Sonic

I can't believe they wasted their resources on that rather than on sonic Mania. Now they're both gonna be shit.

i think this is a shitpost but the lines have blurred in terms of Sonic opinions

Colors is a 2D game

just like sonic mania does

Doesn't matter if it only has 20% 3D, that 20% still makes it a 3D Sonic game.

>anniversary game has stages from old games
holy shit what a shocking revelation
>pre-ordering
>ever
>getting a collector's edition that doesn't fucking have a physical version of the game
idiot

Because everyone knows it's gonna be trash

>Colors is a 2D game

Are you just being stubborn or are you retarded

nope both are shit faggot

Yes, for 30% of the game

They've mentioned a big theme of the game would be about Sonic revisiting old locations and seeing how they've changed

I'm betting the idea, and the reason behind there being more old than new, is that every second act of an old zone will be drastically different due to some eggman meddling/time fuckery/other reason. So where the big gimmick of Generations was seeing old stages in new perspectives, the big gimmick of Mania will be seeing old stages in a future setting

Things like, the first act of Death Egg being similar to the Sonic 3&K act, but the second act takes place underwater with broken/malfunctioning machinery as it lay crashed in a lake or some such since the last game

Literally nothing about that trailer looked remotely good. It looks as bad as Sonic Generations.

no u

This is not a bad thing IF they are smart about it. They need to pick unique classic stages from all older games. I'd love to see a remake of gigapolis zone.

I still have hope.

>Generations
>bad

None of those games are remotely good.

Colors is pretty bad but generations is half good at least

samefag

You must be 18 to post here

Kill yourself, fanboy. This is the Sonic cycle at work all over again.

>tripfag has awful opinions
What a surprise.

Fuck how did you know lmfao XD

>Sonic cycle
What fucking year is it, 2009?

you could just wait for more news, jesus christ. you have no idea to what extent how remixed the new levels will be. even from just ghz act 1, it is fairly different from the originals. in fact, i'd say that ghz act 1 will probably going to be the least changed compared to the rest due to the first section of it being so iconic that it more or less stayed the same. just imagine how they'll do the other remixed levels

>More old levels than new

So, what about this is bad? We're still getting new levels and the old ones are being reworked to play differently. Wasn't that always the goal of the game?

>good thing they're working on a new game

If you're talking about the edgy looking one, how is that a good thing? You already know it's not gonna be good.

is it really hard to understand the idea of two anniversary games? one for nostalgiafags made by nostalgiafags and another one made by sega on their own?

10 year old me always wanted a fully playable Azure Lake...fucking best theme.

Pretty sure they said from the start it was mostly old zones with a few new ones thrown in.

I can't be the only one who got that out of the presentation right?

I just thought it was going to be a 50/50 thing. I'm just a bit disappointed we're getting less Studiopolis-like zones than I thought. Everything about Studiopolis is fantastic and I'm looking forward to the new zones a lot more than the old ones.

So what news should we be looking out for? The news on what old zones were going to replay again?

No one willfully ignored it. It just looks very forgettable.

>This is the Sonic cycle at work all over again.
This isn't anything like the Sonic cycle.

Just a hint, don't mindlessly parrot things you've read on Cred Forums. It makes you look like an idiot.

The problem is that we know dick all about either of them, which leads to wild assumptions.

Read:

I liked the music for those stages. Now THAT would be fine by me.

Good thing i hacked my 3ds so i can pirate it. Maybe i'll even get it early like Kirby Planet Robobot.

I'm just waiting for GET FUNKY, KEEP THE BEAT, GET FUNKY NOW HUSTLE HUSTLE to be shown off.

Pretty much, just wait & see how different they are compared to what they originally were. It'll probably be different enough to feel new. Like Taxman said, Green Hill is the tamest of the remixed stages. Plus he said it's going to be a big game so we should still get a good chunk of new ones. Regardless, the game is probably going to be fun no matter what to me with the level design & physics being the way they are.

You're right because the Sonic cycle is this pathetic outrage

Sonic (or anything) cycle
>GIVE US WHAT WE WANT
>okay, here's that with some new stuff
>WHAAAAA WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST GIVE ME EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED WITHOUT ME HAVING MENTAL CAPACITIES TO EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT WOULD BE, GIMME WHAT I WANT I'M RETARDED

I'm so sorry for the devs that their fans are this awful

And how do you know that doesn't mean 12 new zones and 13 classic zones?

wait for them to show off more stages
wait for them to show off new anything

people hear that it's going to be more classic than new and i'm not going to lie and say that I wouldn't like more new than classic, but people seem to just be jumping in attack mode. they said nothing about how remixed the classics would be and outside of saying it's longer than generations, no one has a clue of how many zones there will be total. just wait and see what news comes out in the future that will give us a clearer picture of things.

I was under the impression we were getting a new classic game. Not a classic game I've already played but dusted off and with new features. OP and those TSSZ comments are right. Fuck this lazy ass turd game.

>Sonic Mania
>3DS

Mania isn't coming to 3ds, you underaged moron.

The way he words makes it sound like instead of a game with 4 1/2 zones (Sonic 4 Episode 2...cough) we're getting a game with 4 zones and about more than half as much of retro filler? Though with the "Saturn" graphics they have to be able to do more to be able to fire shots at Sonic 4 like that.

Well it's an improvement I guess.

It's everything Sonic 4 should have been. But at this point in the series I'm tired of the remix concept because all it shows is a misunderstanding of why the series began failing.

from the very start in it's reveal trailer, they showed that it was gonna use a fair bit of old levels you god damn memer

Mania is only coming out for PS4, Xbone & PC dude.

It means more than half the game will be levels I've already played but repurposed.

Wow, spoiled fanboys like you don't even deserve this game. Jesus, Sonic fans are the worst.

Well that sucks, guess i'll pirate it on PC than.

Yes, I thought the old levels were going to be complimentary to the main game, with Studiopolis and other new zones burning brightly with creativity. I didn't expect Generations 2: 2D version: We're doing it for real this time guys.

It's all just the one guy. For some reason he just can't stop shitposting.

You're so cool. Cooler than I'll ever be, user.

What's your favorite brand of sunglasses to wear while you're running all of your hush-hush torrents, smooth guy?

>I spoke to the producer
>she

DONE.

but you have NO IDEA how remixed they'll be. All we've seen is GHZ act 1 which taxman himself has said that it's easily the least remixed despite the last half of it being COMPLETELY different. i'm not asking for anyone to not be unhappy that it's not completely new stages, but to just chill and wait for how they'll do some of the other stages.

Why does Sanic always bring out the worst in Cred Forums?

>Another first grass level

UGH

>hey everyone look at me i'm a le pirate man XD

because it's easy to rile up faggots here

>even a 1% possibility of a fully developed Chrome Gadget Zone

Don't get my hopes up user. I'm already jaded. Don't do this to me man.

I need to see what kind of shit SEGA will let them put in.

If it's Sky Sanctuary, Mushroom Hill and Chemical Plant I will scream.

>Literally nothing about that trailer looked remotely good.
>Sonic and Classic Sonic running
>That's literally all we saw
>nothing looked remotely good

There was nothing to fucking look at.

>Not expecting an anniversary game to predominantly feature remastered and updated levels

it would be cool to see some advance/rush stages but that'll never happen ;_;

I'm not trying to dissuade you off the game but no matter what they do to old levels, its still old levels recycled with new gimmicks. That alone makes the game not worth full asking price to me. I hope you enjoy it but I'll be waiting for a sale or just pirate it if I get inpatient.

she's pretty cute
youtube.com/watch?v=E5ah_XGdobM

Kill yourself live on YouTube.

>old levels recycled with new gimmicks
how is completely new stage design "gimmicks"? All you've seen is GHZ which is simply ghz but much more open ended, I fail to see whats gimmicky.

Pirate day was two days ago.

But i can't, YouTube Heroes, look it up.

>tssznews.com

Have a real source instead of some site I've never heard of?

Because its the same level I've played hundreds of times at this point. I'm sick of Green Hill. I'm sick of Flying Battery. I'm sick of Casino Night; I'm sick of whatever they put in. Green Hill was what I was putting up with to see the new stuff like Studiopolis. I'm not dragging my feet through Studiopolis to replay Green Hill, its the other way around.

Very cute indeed.

Dude we don't even know how different the levels will be. What if something like Flying Battery is in it? But like I don't know, it's wrecked & not flying anymore, time has gone by (by the way they've said they want to have a focus on these levels changing over time) & it looks like such a wreck with maybe moss growing in some sections & maybe even a new backdrop taking place during a sunset. Make that with this nice new updated pixel art & I have a good feeling it'll be changed enough to feel new.

But it's going to be a different Green Hill, Flying Battery, Casino Night, whatever they put in. We've seen only one act so far and it was the most tame because it was the first stage, and that stage had both Green Hill Acts 1 and 2 stitched together. That's pretty different, and means that it only gets more different from that point forward. Maybe instead of bitching this early on, you should wait until you actually play the game instead of just assuming that it's going to play exactly the same.

But Flying Battery hasn't ever been in anything else.

Can /sthg/ please leave. Your nostalgia-ridden, circle-jerking, clique-like autism has a containment board of it's own.

There is a very good reason why you guys are chased out of Cred Forums almost every time you people reel your ugly autistic opinions.

That sounds like a Theseus ship situation. If you're going to change it that much why not just make a new zone instead?

Because it's an anniversary game. It can have the same name and be completely different.

As soon as you scurry back to faggot general

so you're just tired of classic sonic pandering than the actual remixing of the old stages itself. i get that, but at the same time i don't. Considering how much they actually remix the stages, you might as well say that you won't be playing the same stages. I can't really say that for ghz as it's similar enough that it feels like you're just replaying it again, but no one knows how they'll handle the rest. just wait and see, definitely hold on from preordering in case they keep it too safe with old stages.

Because the idea wasn't to make a new zone, but to update an old one. It's going to use the same ideas the old zone was clearly going for but updated for modern sensibilities.

Ideally, these zones will FEEL like the old zones, and play similarly, but better and with more options.

Because this is supposed to be another anniversary game. Don't get me wrong, I want completely new stages myself but I have faith in them making the older stages new enough to not be dull. Plus Taxman said there will be a lot of Zones so even with the classics outweighing the new we'll probably get a large enough portion for it to feel alright.

>why is them recycling the sameshit they'e been recycling for decades when they announced a "new" Sonic game a bad thing???

And then the limited edition with the statue won't even come with the fucking soundtrack either.

wow a pirate nintendrone probably proving himself to be the worst of two fanbases

>Mystic Labyrinth Zone
>Genocide Coty Zone
>Wood zone
>Rock zone

What if they ebd up adding all the scrapped Sonic 2 levels plus a few others. Would that make up for it?

Since I'm a tcrf faggot, I would wholeheartedly love this.
What is Mystic Labyrinth Zone though?

I don't go to generals because I don't like going into literal hug boxes to pretend my opinion and the opinion of a few other people matter.

I've lurked in /sthg/ a few times, you guys are honestly sickening. You talk yourselves into loops over and over again. Any outsider or person who tries to go against that routine is attacked with extreme hostility.

The worst part is that you will go so in-depth into bullshit that no one cares about that you fail to see the pointlessness of it and as such fail to see how fucking autistic you people are.

And if that's not the case than you're acting like every other general in /vg/, just constant waifu posting along with the occasional shitposter.

For god sake you faggots actually have fucking general "mascots" as if you think you're general is worth anything.

Yes, you people do need to keep to your fucking general because the second you get it out it's actually cringe-inducing to see you people try to argue with others.

>he isn't excited to see what the remade sonic 3 levels are like

I wanted a new game is all. The more nostalgia they use the more it turns me off. Nostalgia was the 20th anniversarys gimmick with Sonic 4 and Generations being close to each other. I don't know who to blame for this. Autistic classic faggots who get triggered at the sight of anything new, normalfags who have been brainwashed into thinking only 2D sonic is good, or sega literally taking this sonic cycle to heart. Its not a day one buy for me anymore basically.

good to know you're still butt blasted

the same can be said about all generals

/vg/ is fucking awful

>implying that 2nd pile of technical garbage can run mania

>Y-you're just mad!
See, this is exactly what I mean. You literally cannot come up with any cohesive argument or debate against me and resort to memeing because you think that's a proper response.

The closest thing to an unused stage I'm expecting is Desert Dazzle from the Sonic CD (2011) prototype. It'll be considered a new stage obviously and since that's the case it doesn't have to rely on Sonic CD's mechanics with time travel & such but give something new.

I don't think that's a bad thing. I've always thought day one buys are awful unless you fully know it's gonna be worth. I regret getting pokken and sticker star day one and it's always good to be overly cautious about it. I hope you find some form of hype in mania in the future at least.

Nigga, I visit NO generals on this site. I too hate circlerjerks.

This thread is about people who are actually passionate about Sonic the Hedgehog video games man.
If excitement, speculation and hype = hugbox then you got some problems man.

To be fair Genocide City and Rock Zone barely existed. Not even Sega remembers what those Zones were like and Genocide City got into the game as part of Metropolis Zone.

What is Mystic Labyrinth Zone?

>sticker star
I know that feel, I've been cautious ever since.

What the heck can they add? Those stages are already fucking huge.

I am, I know for sure the new levels will be amazing. Studiopolis looks perfect in every imaginable way

This thread has at least 2 /sthg/ fags in here and it's quite obvious by how they're posting.

Honestly I'm a bit excited for Mania even with it having a bunch of remastered old stages but there are legitimate arguments being made against it and reasons why people are dropping it and these posters are resorting to fallacies or straight up memeing because they cannot take another opinion or standpoint.

Like I'm going to waste time getting into this stupid argument again.

Furthermore, nothing in this thread even screams /sthg/.

i see no problem with this

>even if the creatures are on his side
what a guy he is

>Taxman adds a Sonic CD level
>it's Stardust Speedway
>zone 1 past
>zone 2 present
>zone 3 bad future
>boss is super metal sonic

Are people actually upset about this?

Disappointed, but it was to be expected.

I'm fine with it but I think it's more like everyone was so excited & now this was dropped so disappointment has ran them over. Also add to the fact we don't know how different the stages are & it just feels like we'll be getting a rehash. I'm still fucking super hyped, no joke.

Only a bit disappointed. I'm not cancelling my pre-order over this though. Those people are being really overdramatic.

A little bit. I feel like making a good Sonic game should be easy but Sega just seem to think in bizarro logic that people just wanted Generations in 2D.

But I guess it's better than Mario's attempt at "classic" gameplay.

they will probably be someone re-imagined, or there will be a metric fuckton of levels, something like 6 new zones and 8 old zones, so we still get a fair share of new content
i don't preorder anything

If they're allowed to go fucking nuts with the stage remixes instead of sticking to being accurate I don't care. You can change a stage like Starlight zone into a fully constructed city setting for example. The only reason it nags at me is because of how good Studiopolis turned out as its own original stage.

Still if they pull some shit with making 2 player Sonic 3 levels into fully fledged levels you're already going to get something fairly new.

somewhat*

LIGHTS

They said right off the bat the game was going to feature remixed levels, albeit they didn't say to what degree.

Why would you be excited for a Sonic game in 2016?
Are you retarded?

>F-FUCK OLD ZONES! FUCKING RUINED!

>implying this doesn't mean 13 old and 12 new
>when all the old zones are completely revamped like we've seen with green hill
>complaining about this but then saying you LOVED Generations

>inb4 "FUCKING S-SHILL!"

We get it, you like to be contrarian and hop all over the smallest shit, but you really need to calm down.

Free update/DLC?

sega should just pull a mario maker and make a level creator that runs on retro engine
workshop support for levels and other content
i would buy that

>25 Zones
That's delusional.

It's probably going to be 15 at most.

This is how I see it. I get being a little disappointed but anyone actually upset about this and claiming they're canceling their pre order or whatever was never going to get the game anyway.

I'd say 11.

>You get excited or have hope?
>Fucking kill yourself
ur a fun guy user

It was meant to be more of a ratio. It's not going to be:

>ya we got 13 old levels and 2 new levels :)

This is literally what people are trying to think and they are retards because of it.

It's probably going to at least be Sonic 3 and Knuckles' size, which was 13 zones. It wouldn't make sense if Taxman is claiming it's big yet it doesn't at least match 3K's size. So I'm thinking they'll either match the number or have a bit more for 15-16 total.

Sounds about right. Four new zones, six retreads gussied up with irrelevant bells & whistles, and one final level unlocked upon completion of the all obligatory fucking terrible bonus levels.

only retards that forgot that this was made for sonic's anniversary, which i hope it's just a vocal minority

They took pot shots at Sonic 4 so it's going to be 7-10 like Sonic 2 I'm guessing.

Though I'm still confused as to how it's longer than generations. More Zones or longer to beat? Are they counting Tails/Knuckles as game time? Is there Time Attack like in CD?

>she

Wait, so the hardcore classic autists are from the general? Holy shit all the autism suddenly makes sense

no

Then how does one distinguish autistic general kids? vg is the worst board on this site

can we agree that the only useful generals are the homebrew and the hentai ones the latter is just for the links though

you don't

which sonic 3 zones did michael jackson make music for

Carnival Night, Ice Cap, and Launch Base

Judging by the ones they replaced with MIDI files in the PC Collection, Carnival Night, Ice Cap, and Launch Base.

Genocide City lived on in Sonic Spinball anyway, just like Hidden Palace originally did somewhat (the rocky background in the first table of Toxic Caves was from HPZ's background.) The idea for it became The Machine.

are you fucking serious? whats the big deal then. carnival night and launch base are garbage, both to play and the music. ice caps a bummer but hydrocity and angel island make up for it.

>launch base
>garbage

Whenever I listen to Green Hill Zone I keep hearing youtube.com/watch?v=BQ1rnCvyWsc

The 'do do doooo do do doooo doo doooo' part sounds like the 'And I might know of our future' part to me.

its bland as fuck and the song sounds like sonic rush shit

>More old zones than new
>It's every single last zone from Sonic 1, 2, 3 and CD combined, remixed

fuck you
everyone knew it would have 50/50 at best

report and hide Nintendrone threads/comments

Tasteless casual faggot.

>Micheal Jackson did the music for Ice Cap Zone
Explain this then
youtube.com/watch?v=H2OWC5Hosv8

This music has 0 connection. It doesn't even have 1 line that you could say it's similar.

Fuck off

Could it be that every sonic game since 2010 except generations has sucked?

You're a retard.

(OP)
False flag nintendo retards above.

Nintendrones are the most dishonest and false flagging degenerates. They are worse than any other fan base

These people I quoted above are false flags. Every Sonic game since sonic colors is the same pattern:

1) Wow amazing!
2) but did you see that? Holy fuck you bet I'm canceling my pre-order
3) HAHAHAHAHA AUTISTIC SONIC FANS WILL DEFEND THIS

it's the same pattern since 2010.

Could it be that every sonic game since 2010 except generations has sucked?

Wow people really want to hate this game.
First off, it ain't even out yet calm down.
Second there are no 60fps classic sonic games aside from CD. Who cares if there's recycled levels, this is a tribute game anyway.
I'm super excited to revisit old areas tweaked in just the right ways. Even green hill zone from the demo shows they've added new pathways and more opportunities to utilize the drop dash. The game was definitely not setting out to reinvigorate the franchise, just give fans a nicely polished classic.

Hell they got my money just from the music.

You are saying that they are false flagging and lying "HEY I PRE-ORDERED BUT NOW I'M CANCELLING IT" because every sonic sonic gmae since 2010 except generations suck?

No. They don't buy sonic games and they think Green Hill Zone is from Sonic 2.

They are deleting my comment (probably a nintendrone mod) because they know it's true. They practices of false flagging every sonic game since Sonic Colors has been exposed.

How is that falseflagging? The only people who would buy the CE are really dedicated sonic fans to begin with. Their rage and disappointment is understandable. So close to a good game yet so far. Nintendo autists dont give a fuck about plastic dolls unless its amiibos

The nintendrones tried to push their bullshit with "Wait? no game disc? WTF?! I'm not buying this garbage" regarding the Collector's Edition but it didn't work

Now they moved to "WTF more classic stages than new?! that's bullshit! Fuck Sega!"

Both of those things are detriments to the game though, you dont need to be a nintendrone to realize that. I dont get your point. The real nintendrones are the ones saying sonic was never good or sonic has no good 3D games

>The only people who would buy the CE are really dedicated sonic fans to begin with
what makes you think these nintendrones on this thread saying they cancelled their pre-order actually pre-ordered the game?

How new are you?

Nintendrones have the nx and fire emblem shovelware to discuss, sonic is of no concern to them. shit mania isnt even going on a nintendo platform

Also....sega already cucked them last year with tembo the badass elephant. It wasnt on wii u because the producer said he doesnt like the wii us logo

I would literaly eat my cum if that happens. Screen cap this. I will deliver

Haha, nice one kid! I like your moxie, I really do. You remind me of a younger me.
Back when I was just starting out on the boards, I would pull stunts like this all the time. Turn a meme on its ear. Try to be a "big guy" and impress the oldfags. It's completely normal.
But ya know what, kid? In time you'll come to learn that there's more to memery than simple tradition. There's great strength in it. Playing along with some OP's epic bait isn't something we do because we want to fit in. We do it because it weeds out the reddit fags and normies from the true memesmen of Cred Forums.
You stay around here long enough, kid, and you'll come to realize this. But for now, get out there, have some fun, and think about what I said.
And then read the first letter of each sentence of this post ;^)

So you'll have to explain Sonic Generations threads, people pre-ordered and when hacks released all stages same thing happened "WTF? Cancelled my pre-order. Fuck Sega! Old stages again? Autistic fans will defend this!"

Same thing is happening right now you can read the thread and see for yourself.

I wasnt even a sonic fan when generations came out so i have no idea how that played out

nice pasta but not good enough to make people fall for it

Anyone here from 2010-2011 will confirm same thing happened.

How about now you brain dead fuck,
youtube.com/watch?v=iPNgC3gBaq4
And btw, Brad Buxer (one of the composers of the Sonic 3 soundtrack) was MJ's keyboardest and was one of the members of The Jetzons.

Actually can we move past the autism and nintendrones or whatever the fuck and get some rates going on

CD > 2 > 1 > 3 > K

Unleashed > Generations > Heroes > SA2 > SA1 > Colors > LW > 06

Nigger, people loved Generations. Everyone was amazed Generations was such a good game compared to how the rest of modern Sonic is.

Colors was just as good if not better anyway.

Maaaaan, I remember cruisin' Cred Forums (back then we called it "slash b") looking for the freshest memes. Rickrolling, advice animals, rage comics, greentexts... it seemed like the world was our oyster. Like the memes would never stop flowing.
It's all changed now, the meme game. "The Only Game" as my good friend Brad Dunwhittey called it (rip in piece, bro). Memes aren't just something Joe Schmo can take a look at and understand. Memes require an in-depth understanding and appreciation of film to truly "get". It doesn't matter what your taste is, each meme has to be hand-crafted by dedicated artisans to truly deliver that dank experience.

Sometimes I miss those old days...

Still excited for it because it's a new 2D Sonic game that actually plays like the Genesis games.

Besides, the zones are remade into something new...only the environments are gonna be re-used. If Green Hill's boss is any indication, we'll be having entirely new bosses in old zones.

youtube.com/watch?v=0-ITZbqTcik

Song is similar but it's not the same song or similar. Totally different compositions

>I would literaly eat my cum if that happens
You do that anyway, don't lie to me.

Sega's higher ups are retarded and have been for what is now like 20 years, particularly when it comes to Sonic Team.

if they did this, that'd be pretty cool
would love to see a full Chrome Gadget stage

it'd be effectively all original

I hope we get this.

Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 ran at 60 fps, I don't know why people are suddenly saying otherwise. Even the marketing for Mania seems to act like this is the first Classic sidescroller to run at 60.

The only time it ever went down was in Sonic 2's special stages.

>Nintendrones making new threads (check catalog) to continue their anti-Sonic false flagging because they have been exposed in this thread

Cred Forums literally confirmed for having the worst users

Wait, what the hell do Nintendrones have to do with this? This is Sonic we're talking about here, and the Wii U nor the NX are getting Sonic Mania.

>Sonic Rush
>not a top tier Sonic ost along with CD(jp) and Colors.

3&K > 2 > CD > 1

Colors > Gens > Unleashed > SA > Heroes > SA2 > LW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 06

It depends.

some of the songs are brilliant (Huge Crisis, Dead Line, Altitude Limit, all of the boss themes)
some are really lame (Leaf Store, Mirage Road)
and then you have middling but not bad tracks (Water Palace, Night Carnival)

>someone who likes Colors
mah nigga

Sonic Mania is starting to look pretty good
>heavily redone/modified classic zones
>Green Hill is the tamest of the bunch
>New Zones
>Multiplayer S3/K Zones into Singleplayer Zones
>Special Edition

I'm hype as fuck

Because nintendo fans are liars, dishonest and simply retard.

99% of "Why does Sonic have autistic fans?" are created by them for the exact same reason; their dishonesty and bad will.

They'll most likely have new layouts, but it still kinda sucks that we won't get new designs.
Here's hoping that the idea they're mostly making full versions of unused/2-player zones is true, I wouldn't mind that.

3&K > CD > 1 > 2

Generations > SA2 (Sonic/Shadow) > SA (Sonic) > Colors > Heroes > Unleashed > LW

I've only played the Wii version of Unleashed so I guess keep that in mind for my eating. Never touched '06 either, I want to though out of curiosity & glitches.

>>Multiplayer S3/K Zones into Singleplayer Zones
That hasn't been confirmed yet.

sonic was never good

How hard is this? How difficult is it, really, to make up a couple of new textures?

What, they can do it in polygons but not in pixels anymore?

I mean, they aren't going to pull this shit with the new 3D game, right?

Right?

HOW FUCKING LAZY ARE THESE FUCKING PEOPLE???!!!

Considering how Taxman worded this, I think it might be a 40-60 balance of new and old stages. I'd still buy.

>Shut it down, SHUT IT DOWN!
I wonder who could be behind this.

>giving him a (You) at all

wow ur dumb

Considering that 99% of people born after 1999 never played a 2D Sonic game it's pretty smart to release the old stages with new gameplay

the only people buying this are sonic fans and some normalfags who have only played the first 2 levels of sonic 2 or 3 but then go on to say classic sonic is amazing and 3d sonic is bad, id say thats wrong

Well...believe what you want to believe. Blame Nintendo fans instead of the actual Sonic fanbase, I'm sure that makes sense in your mind.

i think that what they mean is, they will have the same themes. when he says green hill zone is the tamest i think he means the most similar, but will probably actually make completely new levels with certain themes. hopefully hill top zone gets some love as its green hill zone with a better theme

All the retarded apologists ITT are making me ashamed of liking Sonic.

There is a thread that I can't find in the archives

why is that? I thought every Cred Forums thread has a copy on fireden or 4plebs

for me it's the people forgot that mania was meant to be an anniversary game

h t tp://boards.Cred Forums.org/v/thread/351799681/sonic-cd-is-the-only-good-sonic-game

sa2 and 06 were anniversary games and they were new. generations was the first anniversary where they went crazy with the rehashing but 20 years is a decent milestone and the hedgehog engine is tight. there has never been a rule that anniversary games in sonic are rehashes

youtube.com/watch?v=E9B9Fvr1ehw

if wasnt for taxman, stealth and two other guys Sega Mania wouldn't happen

The anniversary game is the 3D Sonic 2017

both mania and 2017 are supposed to be the games for the 25th anniversary. similar to how 06, riders, genesis gba, and rivals were for the 15th anniversary. 2017 doesnt look like anything new either, just another rehash

Nobody even knows anything about 2017 yet, shut the fuck up.

its generations 2, use some fucking common sense.

making false-flagging this early
save your energy when a new trailer/gameplay is released

Colors was trash.

yeah when the new trailer proves me right and its generations 2 but everything is crisis city. yup ill sure be pwnd after that happens

it was the worst of the Boost games but i dont think it was trash

the worst thing about this news is that i know everyone deep down inside wants sonic mania to be the real "sonic 4".
but it legit can't happen if the game is full of old levels remixed.

If Sonic Mania sells well Sega might give those guys green light to develop more games and even hire people to help them

it isn't like it is the developer's faults, apparently sega is forcing them to make these remakes if stealth's forum post is anything to go off of. i am still excited though, im sure the latter levels will be similar throwbacks in theme only

and music, graphics, etc

>more old zones than new
There are like 5 classic sonic games, that's a lot to pick from. Why would it have more new levels than old ones?

good thing the level layout will be different then.
you know, the main part of a platform game along with a gameplay that let you enjoy said stages

if sonic mania green hill zone is anything to go by that isn't true. all the textures, even the top ground backgrounds and end sign, are redrawn, with a completely new boss as far as i know. i havent actually watched the video yet as i don't want to spoil the stage but does it really use the same music?

why even buy this then? why not just download ll the romhacks out there that modify green hill? the zone and music doesn't matter so why not just play those instead and save yourself the money?

Either way, this is still gonna be the best 2D Sonic yet. Always bet on Taxman.

what's good about Sonic Mania is that reviewers will praise the old levels thinking they are new because they never played
This will expose them.

2016: Sonic was never good
2017: those stages from the 90s are amazing. youtube.com/watch?v=9h8eu5jf2F4

If we do get at least 8 new zones then I won't bother much about it.

3&K > 2 > Advance > CD > 1

Rush Adventure > Rush > Colors DS

SA2 > LW > SA1

Unleashed Day > Generations > Colors

Anything else is too shit to mention

I was just replaying 3K today and its a lot worse than I remember. By the time the sonic and knuckles half starts I didn't even feel like playing anymore. The level gimmicks and large levels make the game feel dull for some reason and I kept playing cautiously so I could use super sonic on the bosses. Kind of let down since its been years 2bh

>Advance > CD > 1
>Don't mention Sonic Heroes

Here is your (You) and I'm willing to give another one if you praise Sonic Advance in the next comment

because this could probably make them realize people want more classic sonic and then asked them to do another game with different stages so people like you will stop bitching?

in any case do you know any romhacks that modify green hill as good as sonic mania's green hill? since it seems that you know, maybe you will reccomend me some.

>Advance > CD

I think it's actually going to be the opposite. Reviewers will see this as an opening they can take advantage of to bash the game and give it low scores.

Maybe I'm just pessimistic but I just can't see these assholes giving Mania a fair review.

Sorta. The song's been updated, at least.

Tee Lopes is behind the music, so don't worry too much about it.

While Sonic Advance isn't as good as 2 and 3K, it's definitely the best Post-Genesis game and in the same quality tier as the classics.

sonic 4 already exists though it's just crap

i can imagine their main complaint will be the same as the anons in this thread: the re-use of zones

Yeah pretty much. Not saying it isn't a valid complaint but watch them exaggerate the fuck out of it and use it as an excuse to write Mania off as another colossal failure.

how about they make a good first impression and new content instead of dangling it in the hopes that if this sells well enough they will go on and actually take the time to make something new rather than readjust green hills paths? how do you know its good if you haven't seen it all? gluing act 1 and 2 together means its good? awkwardly injecting an arbitrary high medium low path system makes it amazing? kill your self

they are going to do this just so they look like unbiased reviewers, this will very likely be their martyr and its going to be brutal

>Levels are remade with new shit added to them

I don't see what the problem is.

That's literally the example of a rehash though. I really don't want sonic to hit "nsmb" tier.

Even if he did, would a Sonic Generations 2 really be that bad?

>Everyone forgets about Studiopolis
This isn't going end until this game releases isn't it?
>nsmb tier
>a game that problem was caused by multiple games
>Mania is one game
okay

3&K > 2 > CD > 1

Generations > Unleashed (Day) > Colors > SA1 > SA2 > LW > Heroes > 06 =/= Unleashed (Night)

I'm sorry, but you'll never get me to like werehog.

We'd have to be at the point of consistent releases to get that far. This is a one-off anniversary game with what appears to be a lot of love and talent being put into it, and right now it doesn't seem out of the question that there'll be enough new in the classic zones to keep it interesting.

that's what studiopolis and the other unveiled new zones are going to be, though.

Perfect list besides the placement of LW, I would put it above SA2 and Heroes.

I think it's a bit of an overreaction. The lack of information and vagueness regarding the actual amount of zones and the ratio is really not helping, though.

>says the autistic sonic fan

Because them re-packaging the past will only lead to stagnation. If Sonic Mania is over 50% stages I've already played then , well it's kind of lame. They've been endlessly rereleasing the games that have those stages.

New Super Mario Bros has allusions to but almost never recycles levels. Sonic Mania should have tried to be like it.

>New Super Mario Bros has allusions to but almost never recycles levels. Sonic Mania should have tried to be like it.

How do you define a stage you've "already played"? Is it as simple as having the same name? Because all the assets are being redone for Mania, right down to the level design.

>They've been endlessly rereleasing the games that have those stages.
sound like what everyone do on this gen.

That's slightly disappointing, but GHZ still looks pretty great; half of Act 1 is completely original in layout, and it's supposedly the most tame course. I'm still hype for it, and I'd be hype for it even if it had no new zones.

>New Super Mario Bros has allusions to but almost never recycles levels

because their already loop the soundtrack and re use assets in every level

I remember one of the DLC packs for NSMB2 was old levels from SMB1 and SMB3 being ported, but it was free for a limited time so I don't know if it counts. Sonic Mania looks much, much better than NSMB2 at least.

if it looks like green hill, it sounds like green hill, it is green hill, and that means he already played it, even if it drastically changes once you reach the half of the stage (which is where the second act in the original game ends), especially once you reach the cave section of the stage
that's what he's probably thinking, maybe omitting the last part

Well you can't expect fair reviews from IGN hipsters but since they have been exposed in 1 week they changed the way they talk about sonic.

Video related
youtu.be/6w9OODfoYeA

GHZ's Act 1 already has remastered music, regarding the sound bit, and we'll probably see a second arrangement for Act 2 since the game uses S3&K's act transitions.

I can't find any direct rips but you can hear the music pretty clearly here: youtube.com/watch?v=fEfKC4sxTG8

"Those were hot goofs I really love Sonic"

>haha more old stuff! awesome! no one will care about this! - v
>meanwhile everyone who has gotten to play it, at the party, pax etc all immediately play studiopolis first and report it to be way better

kek

which would be funny because I'm pretty sure they gave Sonic 4 good scores

>fucking incredible looking new 2D Sonic with accurate gameplay, playable Sonic Tails and Knuckles like the classics with new abilities, made by a competent team with Metal Slug tier sprites and Sonic CD tier music
>has both new and heavily re-imagined zones and a lot of them, but because there's more re-imagined zones than new zones, the game is completely ruined and everyone hates it
I used to defend the fans and put the blame more on Sega but fuck it. This is proof that Sonic fans are truly impossible to please pieces of shit and Sonic cannot be saved by anything.

>Implying I'm not hyped as fuck this game
>Implying these shitposters are "fans"

That doesn't mean GHZ is bad, just that Studiopolis is fucking fantastic.

That means no one is eager to revisit old shit. Its kinda like how when the sonic generations demo went up, modern green hill was way better than classic. Then again modern everything was better than classic

These comments are here and everywhere else. There could not be more absolute proof that Sonic fans are the most horrible, irrational bunch in all of vidya. At long last a virtually perfect Sonic game is created that answers everyone's prayers, and it is somehow completely ruined by, god forbid, a couple extra classic zones returning with tons of new content in them.

jesus fucking christ it looks so fucking good, i wish i could say this without sounding like a nostalgia shillfag.

>the game is completely ruined and everyone hates it

It's nintendrones false-flag
Read this

>Sonic fans are the most horrible, irrational bunch in all of vidya
wew

Because sega used to break the barrier with sonic. Innovation has always been the series strong point and every zone up to this point besides lost worlds were all pleasant to look at. Replaying the same level while listening to the same music, you can only do it so many times before you want to see more new shit

>same music

>rerecording the same music = its not the same anymore

Modern green hill is new music, updates of the original green hill isnt new music. not a hard concept classic autist

>rerecording the same music
>Modern green hill is new music

are you talking about Sonic Generations?

Classic green hill (generations) and mania green hill isnt new music, its a rerecording but sounds the same. Modern green hill (generations) is actually a new recorded and written song with a different vibe thanks to the different instruments

youtube.com/watch?v=Rrau9DCcXe8

It's new music you brain dead nintendrone

I fucking knew it. Told you so.

First chance at a great new Sonic in years, and they give us a fucking remix.

Bravo Sega.

>First chance at a great new Sonic in years, and they give us a fucking remix.
sound like any games nowaday.

I think the reason people are disappointed is because they were basically hoping this would be Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Actually Good Edition. A legit new installment in the series and not just Anniversary Rehash Game 2.

Also, we'd probably be warmer to it if it was more than just five years since Generations.

>Anniversary Rehash Game 2.
xD

We knew what it was from the start you retard.

My hopes for the zones would be as such:
>15 zones total
>8 remixes, 7 brand new
>2 remix zones from Sonic 1, 2, CD, and 3&K even though I'd prefer like 4 zones from 3&K, 2 each is more appropriate
>The remixes and brand new zones come one after another, ie Green Hill, new zone, remix zone, Studiopolis, etc.
However, getting more zones than that would be nice. As long as they keep about a 60/40 remix/new ratio, I'll be fine.

*searching to see if Green Hill Zone is actually a new stage or a old one*

sega is run by a jew.

did you really not expect him to not jew you out on new levels?

These are basically new levels with classic game themes the fuck is the problem? You want him pulling new aesthetics out his ass? Fucking children I swear.

If it's remake from lesser know games (handheld, 8bits, CD, arcade, etc.) I wouldn't mind actually.

Well that's kind of what they did for Sonic 2 and 3, yeah.

>No new music, no new stages
>10/10 Nintendo is the best xD

Well they said earlier that the old stages are being treated like a living, breathing world so I guess that means that even if they do rehash old stages, they'll have some kind of remix thing going on, like the caves on Green Hill. Think Hydrocity even more dilapidated and without water or something like that.

But those games sucked.

Seriously, though. Does anyone actually like the Game Gear Sonic games?

watched a playthrough of them, they look terrible

I like the standard platformer ones (and have the carts still), Tails Adventure & Sky Patrol, but I never beat any of them. Well, I guess I did beat Spinball on Game Gear but that was kind of shitty.

Sonic Mania is being made alongside Sonix 2017 with the idea of reviving Sega's flagship franchise which they had previous mis-managed into near death.

If the Mario's series hopes were riding on NES Remix being unique it would be a fair comparison.

They're kinda slow and lame. The screen is too small in proportion to Sonic's own size so that fucks things up as well.

To be honest, when it comes to handheld Sonic games, they're probably the worst after the Advance port of Sonic 1. People shit on Dimps' Advance and Rush games, but even they're better made.

stop playing games on youtube
sonic mega collection plus has all of them

but yes, they are bad.

like your mom

>The screen is too small in proportion to Sonic's own size

this is sonics achilles heel. no one gives them credit for it, but the 3D games solve this

If Christian Whitehead wasn't working on this, he'd be working on an iOS port of Sonic3&K.

I'm happy with this.

no he wouldn't

Surely the fact that the old stages are revamped with entirely new areas and routes counts for something?

I prefer the Master System ones, the graphics are a little better and there's the bigger screen thing, obviously.

I probably only like them cause of nostalgia though

He probably wouldn't be since as far as we know there are still legal issues with the game preventing it from getting that iOS remake.

Because the game wasn't retro pandering enough am i right?

I doubt it with the whole MJ chucklefuck

Regardless of SEGA's plans for a S3&K port at the time, he was still working on it regardless, he made a blog post showing a alpha and his struggles at getting the background on stuff like Hydrocity's water level just right

they are ok, sonic's sprites are too big making the screen way too cluttered. tails adventure is really nice i enjoyed sonic drift 1 and 2
and sonic 1's ost is pretty fucking great, and seeing eggman escaping from scrap brain and you keep going beyond that blew me away the first time since i played the genesis version first
youtube.com/watch?v=qYJkol00JCE
youtube.com/watch?v=Pwz_EVYRTM4
youtube.com/watch?v=hSUZZXGbipc
youtube.com/watch?v=wwM5Kr4SG6c

So? Sonic Generations was redone versions of old stages and its one of the best sonic games in recent years.

you idiot the Sonic 3 HD port is basically complete but they can't release until Sega realize how to solve the legal issue regarding copyright music

any reason to not use the music from the pc version?

Let's face it
The only bad sonic game is sonic 2006

we don't count the wii motion gimmicks because we all know they had to make two gimmicks for Nintendo because of a deal they signed

You can shit on Shadow the Hedhehog but it's not a horrible game. It's average.

No, but Sega knows that nearly everyone prefers the original tracks.

You mean Sonic Jam version? because you can expect people sending 10000 emails to Sega daily asking for original soundtrack

The new parts sound like shit. Tee Lopes is a hack who can't write music, they should have gotten the people who did the soundtrack to After the Sequel.

all the garbage 90s games, free riders, and boom and i agree

There's a limit on how much you can pander to nostalgia before it gets annoying, seeing the old badniks in Colors was cool and Sonic Generations was a great love letter to the series especially after Sonic 4, but then we had Lost World which, somehow, tries to appeal even more to nostalgia than Generations did and now we got the chance to see what the next true 2D entry in the series would really be like and Studiopolis gave us a great taste of what's to come, but then there come this news and we learn that SEGA is so fucking afraid of letting go of the past that even the image of 2D Sonic isn't enough, it gotta have the same stages plastered over and over or else Sonic fans will never recognize that they're playing Sonic
On top of all that there's Project 2017 with Classic Sonic on it, i'm fully expecting more genesis levels in that game again

I don't think Manai won't have amazing level layout considering what we saw of Green Hill, but even so there is nothing positive in this news

Sonic Colors is not nostalgia not even a love letter. It's an entire new game.

Agreed, I don't know what they were thinking putting Classic Sonic in Project 2017 when Mania is a thing. Redundant as fuck, just make a proper Modern Sonic game Sega

>implying they don't have 10000 emails by fans asking for sonic 3 already

Sonic Lost World is a proper modern sonic game

It's a solid 8/10 game. People only hate it because they did something similar (they actually improved) what Mario Galaxy came up with previously.

They need to pad it out somehow

Its either like unleashed with werehog-kun or colors/classic gen with garbage levels

But Sonic 3 is not out and they are not losing money
That could happen in Sonic 3 HD and people saying the lack of original soundtrack is the reason the game is 4/10.

>We really, really loved the game and we wanted to give it a 9.0 score but the lack of the original 3 songs is a disaster. It's proof that Sega hate their fans and it completely destroyed the gaming experience
-- IGN, Destructoid and Kotaku

The damage control of the author is both hilarious and sad

It's way too inconsistent. I think Tropical Coast is fantastic and whoever denies that is being contrarian, but a lot of the stages felt middling in execution. Like the whole Desert Ruins was kinda shit.

>and then there's this retard

It's too slow. It's not exactly what I expected out of a Sonic game. Even running at full speed, it still feels slow.

Also, the stages all look cheap and ugly. I know looks aren't everything, but after Unleashed and Generations, it was kind of disappointing. Even Colors looked better, despite the inferior hardware.

>Even Colors looked better,
nah.

yah.

Sonic 1 is comfy but meh. Sonic 2 is shit.
Sonic Chaos and Sonic Triple Trouble are pretty awesome actually, love em. They have great level themes and music, and the gameplay is solid.

what's your argument? it had more colors?
Sonic colors is not known for having very good graphics

>Let's face it
>The only bad sonic game is sonic 2006
Sonic Spinball 8 bit
Sonic Blast
arguably Sonic 2 8 bit
arguably Sonic Labyrinth
Sonic Jam for Game.com
Sonic 4
Sonic Boom RoL

>Sonic The Snowball looked better than Colors

wew

>Sonic Spinball 8 bit
> Sonic 2 8 bit
>Sonic Jam for Game.com

user...neogaf user! please. It's only a click away
>>>/neogaf/

>People only hate it because they did something similar (they actually improved) what Mario Galaxy came up with previously.
No, people hate it because it's a sub mediocre piece of shit with terrible controls, terrible physics, and brain fuckingly cringe writing and story.

looks like minecraft in the background, but in a good way lol, thats cute

Can i just say "everything"?

Nah. This doesn't really look that good. A lot of the stages were really just simple textures over an animated wallpaper. It's so cheap and plain-looking.

This some kind of neo shitposting?

I knew you would post a meme like your webm

You really have 0 arguments

>It just had more colors in this stage
>But obviously is better

Are you a real person?

Lost World looks more colorful there though?

>tfw nintendrone and still hype as fuck for this

The webm itself says it all. Are you retarded?

you retards masturbate so much to anime that your brains are fucked up
you don't even know how to make a complaint about Sonic Lost World

you retards masturbate so much to furry that your brains are fucked up
you don't even know to defend Sonic Lost World

is this what trolling looks like nowadays? Pathetic

Lost World stages are just wallpapers with simple objects pasted on the foreground. Lazy and boring.

it keeps getting better and better.
How many times you fapped to your waifu today?

You're not even arguing. You're just spouting unrelated shit.

Go back to FFXV threads Nomura-kun

>You're just spouting shit
>sub mediocre piece of shit with terrible controls, terrible physics, and brain fuckingly cringe writing and story.
>Can i just say "everything"?

Ok so once this thread close we will make a Sonic Lost World hate thread?
xD please don't take too long because I need to sleep soon :)

na let's end the thread saying that sega is going to release another 3d classics collection on japan, and one of the games included is sonic 2.
and that sega bought thunder force's ip (along with other technosoft IPs) and thunder force III is going to be included in that collection
considering that sonic 2 will be in it, they will probably bring it here

>Because sega used to break the barrier with sonic.
Considering how long Sonic has absolutely fucking sucked with the exception of a couple of bright spots in between all of the shit, I'd rather Taxman and Stealth focus on getting the basics of level design down properly before they try to "break the barrier." Keep in mind that while Sonic Mania has Sega's official blessing, it's still a FAN-made game. Sonic Megamix is mediocre, so I don't trust Stealth to make good levels just yet.

>352589946
sure user lets do eet xDDD

I've made the thread here:

>Keep in mind that while Sonic Mania has Sega's official blessing, it's still a FAN-made game.
No it doesn't, they're working for Sega & are still told what to do by them, also Iizuka seems to be involved with how he's been around talking about it. Taxman & co. are literally just like any other workers at this point.

>lost world is so bad it resulted in this thread

JUST

>GHZ Act 1 is 1's GHZ Act 1 and 2 combined with multiple new paths
>has a miniboss
>each Zone is supposed to have multiple Acts and thus multiple new bosses
>GHZ Act 1 is the most tame of the classic levels
>game is longer than Generations

What is there to kill hype? Nothing preventing it from being a 10/10.

How long could it be bros?

>mfw a 3 hour pure classic Sonic gameplay experience

No longer than S3K.

I hope its shorter than s3k. Cutting out about half of its levels makes it a much better game. Id figure sonic fans of all people would know that more doesnt equal better

50 minutes plus tip

S3k had 14 stages though

>spike pit
explain

Sonic 1 has 19 Acts
Sonic 2 has 20 Acts
Sonic CD has 21 Acts
Sonic 3K has 25 Acts

If the game has at least 26 Acts, I'll be satisfied.

outside a few sonic forums, the sonic fan base is the most anti-sonic fanbase ever

And a good chunk of them are garbage

there was a death trap in the original sonic 2 in mystic cave zone: a big ass pit filled with spikes that you can't escape once you fall, even as super sonic.
the madman put an entrance to a new stage over there in the remake the unreleased hidden palace zone, now full fledged as a complete and functional stage

>OG Sonic 2
>Mystic Cave Act 2 has a spike pit that you absolutely cannot escape from until you die. If you're Super Sonic you have to wait it out.
>Taxman Sonic 2
>Spike pit is removed and if you fall into it you get sent to Hidden Palace Zone

>arguably Sonic 2 8 bit
Only homos and idiots who think it's a Game Gear game would beleive that. Sonic 2 on the Master System is in the top 3 best Sonic games.

>Sonic 2 on the Master System is in the top 3 best Sonic games.
bad taste

Sonic 3 & K > Sonic 2 > Sonic 1 > Sonic CD > Master System

>The actual layouts will still be new, they'll just reuse the same visual style.
Is this true?
Then why are people bitching?

Heroes wasn't was even that bad user, it's better than fuckin' Lost World.

holy shit, that's pretty crazy. feeling really good about mania now

Because it's only natural to want something different to look at, especially after Studiopolis has shown so much potential and creativity with the visuals, gimmicks and music

They're better on master system.

He also added a cheat code on the stage select menu that lets you play the original unfinished version of the stage from the Simon Wai prototype. The only thing changed to my knowledge is that the stage ends when you land on a certain emerald & it's called Proto Palace Zone.

>iizuka
It's this guy again, making stupid interviews like "SONIC 4 INTRODUCES CEILING RUNNING!!!!". And now he is probably fucking up Mania as much as he can with restrictions since he noticed that Mania was getting more attention than his 3d game.
Go back and rewatch the announcement of Mania and how he was not liking people being crazy about it and how he was droolling in the end when he announced the "true" Sonic game.

Meh I'll still take it
It'll still be the only good sonic game since Advance 1

This cracka know what's up.
And if he is jelly, that's a good sign.

oh SHIT a Protoss gateway rush in the grandfinals!

>Labyrinth/Marble
>Awful
Kill yourself scrub

iizuka is a clown, he has one vision for sonic and if something does better than his project he gets fucking passive aggressive. sonic games were better when he wasnt the director or producer or whatever

I stop caring about the nonsense that comes out this man mouth.

>Not Hyper Metal Sonic

so this is the twisted motherfucker that directed shadow the hedgehog. holy shit this guy bleeds malice and destruction.

>Genocide City Zone
This was never going to happen
It got changed to "Cyber City Zone" at one point during development because obviously "Genocide" wouldn't fly

if you retards stop acting like TMZ and following developers tweets or posts you could enjoy the game

Kill yourself nigger

Ignore the sonic2fag

MJ might have been involved with the re-arrangements though so he probably worked on Ice Cap

Upgrade your speakers...or your ears

It's the same song you deaf monkey

This

>Izuka
>tssz
>people bashing the game while using nintendo related images no one would give a fuck about otherwise, like detective pikachu

If anything I am more hyped then before.
Classic sonic fags are more resilient then anything shitposters can throw us after all these years.

>then
Don't make me smack you

After the Sequel is overrated garbage
Should have gotten Richard Jacques to help out Tee Lopes and not relegating him to another shitty Sonic Boom game

SEGA seems to have a strong hold on this guy because many fans questioned this guy's position at Sonic Team.

>Posting SilvaGunner memes
Kill yourself you idiot

That's not the new remix
It's a meme by that faggot SilvaGunner

besides shadow, what else has he had large involvement in?

That there's going to be a new stage
It's technically green hill, but it's an original zone with a green hill skin on it

Like maybe Winter Hill Zone or some shit like that

Pretty much almost everything after 06

>unleashed
>colors
>generations

hm, maybe hes not such a bad guy then. he's had misses like 4 or lost world, but no ones perfect.

>Iizuka sees all those canned pre-orders

orr shit maybe I shourdn't have say anything

Iizuka is literally the devil

I still remember a Nintendo Power interview of him for Sonic 4 saying
"No Little Big Planet Physics, Classic Gameplay"
So much for that

This is the twisted motherfucker who thought Big the Cat fishing was a good idea
He's responsible for the alternate gameplay styles in Adventure

See He's being ruining the franchise since SA1 with his bullshit

He's a good guy when he wants to be and thats what more people expect from him than going of the rails.

I just call Iizuka Japanese George Lucas.

All of them are crappy games
And he was responsible for the alternate gameplay styles since SA1

i actually enjoyed a bunch of those, how strange. it seems that shadow was his biggest blunder.

that's kojima

>I just call Iizuka Japanese J.J Abrams.
fixed

>i actually enjoyed a bunch of those
Of course you did gamecube kiddie

He was a game designer on 3&K.

He became a director on most titles from SA1 to Shadow.

After Shadow, he directed the Rivals games and NiGHTS for the Wii (wasn't part of 06, most other credits at the time were "Special Thanks")

Took over as head of Sonic Team in 2010 to the present and is a Producer on most current games.

>Played it on a dreamcast
>After owning every single one of the classics for genesis
>Including fucking Mean Bean Machine and Spinball
>Remember stacking S2 and S3 on top of S&K for fun times
>Still enjoyed the alternate gameplay styles

Get fucked, autist

What about unleashed? Thats the slickest, fastest, funnest 3D sonic game ever. The presentation and grandness alone seems to be beyond iizukas capability

Iizuka helped on on Level Design for Unleashed, but that's it. Akinori Nishiyama was the producer and Yoshihisa Hashimoto was the director.

Here's all the stuff he's credited for.

segaretro.org/Takashi_Iizuka

I've always thought about Unleashed, but the werehog shit turned me off faster than the thought of my grandfather's big hairy balls

Are the daytime levels really good enough to make up for it?

It's not just the werehog, it's the forced medal collecting too.

Classic fans will enjoy the gameplay for sure, now everyone has their picks for the levels, be new or older.
The problem is that iizuka already fucked us many times, including Taxman in CD when he couldn't include the true original final boss for example. Hidden Palace in S2 was an exception, probably because it was a phone thing only, that for some reason never got a steam/live/psn versions, like Taxman's Sonic 1.
>Sonic LW: "We want the Mario audience"
>literally copypastes world themes from Mario with a new Sonic gameplay
>add a Run button for a normal sonic run
Fuck him for that and all the changes in gameplay style every 6 years

>that for some reason never got a steam/live/psn versions
Blame Nintendo.

>He was a game designer on 3&K.
I'm sure Yasuhara had a lot of work cleaning his shit up

>Thats the slickest, fastest, funnest 3D sonic game ever.
*cringe*

I see, well mr akinori and yoshihisa need to make a return then. I wonder what parts of what levels iizuka arranged

Its one of my favorite games of all time in a top 5 list. Theres nothing else like it, its amazing experience/adventure and the day stages are the best sonic levels in the series

>Its one of my favorite games of all time in a top 5 list
LOL
You need to play more games

Ive been gaming since 1993 across multiple consoles, i think ive played a lot of games, but thanks for your opinion my autistic friend

>Ive been gaming since 1993
Yeah and I'm the Queen of England

Akinori Nishiyama is still with SEGA supposedly as a chief producer in Japan. Hashimoto left for Square Enix as CTO, but appears to have left in 2014, no clue what he is doing now.

Rooftop Unleashed >>>>>> Generations. Just the feeling of playing that level the first time is amazing. Daytime are fucking fun ride
Werehog can be boring, but as further as you level up you will get more moves and it gets a bit better.
I never had problems with that. Most werehog medals are easy to find and you can get them the first time you play the act. It can take 15 minutes in the act if go slow sure, but you can ignore most monsters, just some areas you need to beat them all to proceed.
Day time medals are alternative paths. Hub are easy to get, some need the upgrades, but that's it.

(___)

Wow hashimoto has a lot of good shit under his belt, according to sega retro he made the luminous engine for square. Guy is very talented in making engines