Are shooters here to stay? What will be the next genre that will take the video game industry by storm?

Are shooters here to stay? What will be the next genre that will take the video game industry by storm?

Only in the shitty western industry. Japanese is not corrupted with such filth.

>Are shooters here to stay
Overwatch is more of a moba than a shooter, and yes, mobas are definitely here to stay.

bump

>Are shooters here to stay?
Where have you been for the last 2 decades?

they provide the illusion of a faster-paced game, kinda like riding in a vehicle high off the ground, which is inherently attractive to consumers, as well as the fact that they lend themselves extremely well to mouse controls.

>What will be the next genre that will take the video game industry by storm?
Shooters have been second in sales to mobile Skinner boxes for years.

>overwatch is a moba meme

Wow that looks like shit.

user, FPS have been the highest selling titles for a long while, this is not news at all.

The term "selling Call of Duty numbers" is a thing for a reason.

>Are shooters here to stay?

>What will be the next genre that will take the video game industry by storm?
For the past 3 years it's been Ubisoft-esque open world games. Horizon: ZD's just going to continue that.
I honestly can't think of any other genre that could appeal to wide audiences in this age. Maybe Souls clones

You'd think they'd assign Tracer a Pokemon like Abra or Porygon.

Shooters have been the biggest genre since like the xbawx treesickshty. And they'll be here to stay forever because that's what the normies like. RPGs are "gay", sports games are redudant, adventure games usually come packaged with shooting, and indie shit are super niche. I can't be bothered to think of more genres.

> Are shooters here to stay?

Are you baiting, OP? You have to be baiting.

Shooters have been one of the top dogs of gaming genres since the fuckin' 90s, and have only increased in popularity.

The real question you should be asking is: How long until the open-world/RPG bubble pops and Ubisoft, Bethesda, and others have to rethink their genre trend?

>Overwatch crossover fanart
Oh man, are overwatch fags the new bronies?

They're certainly trying to be

At least the west occasionally produces good games. Japan's put out nothing but shit for a decade and counting.

Other than not playing anything like a moba, how is it more of a moba than a shooter?

>replying to a 2 hour old post
God, you're retarded

>At least the west occasionally produces good games
Good one

I didn't realize you changed your mind after thinking about it for the past two hours

you're still retarded for replying to a 2 hour old post

>Crossover fanart immediately means MLP
It's been 6 years dude. You need to drop this grudge eventually.

I'll never drop it, because it's the only thing from back then I still have...