Made 20 years ago

>Made 20 years ago
>Still the greatest game of all time

It's maddening how stupid, lazy, and creative we've become.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_twuOTykzu0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I blame Apple for inventing the iPhone and introducing technology to complete morons.

Ocarina of Time can hardly be called creative.

holy shit is this like some frame perfect shit or is this easy? this is a complete fucking revelation.

>greatest game of all time
Subjective.

Surprisingly easy, the only tricky part is using the sword slash at the last minute for just enough height to grab the ledge without the animation starting and launching you backwards. I got it right my second try.

going back to it, I don't like OoT. There are more temples/dungeons that I don't like than I do like, I don't like how easy the combat is, how you've only got maybe 4 encounters the entire game where you MIGHT use the shield (iron knuckle best enemy) and I just don't know why I don't like it anymore.
I'd rather play LttP, where at least dark world enemies do 4 hearts of damage

Bloodborne is better

I dont know if it is the greatest game of all time but it is the greatest game to have a sense of journey, quest, adventure, whatever you wanna call it

The only other game I can think of that comes close is kingdom hearts

Ask the Pannenkoek2012 of Ocarina of Time anything.

That kind of trick works in a lot of 3-d games, surprisingly. I used to use it in bloodrayne to reach weird places.

That's not the greatest game of all time anymore tho.
This is.

How many ways can you beat Dark Link?

You can beat Dark Link simply by rolling into him.
No lies.

>greatest game of all time
>sequel is better.

i don't get it

no shit?
how does that work?

which one?
it has three

>3d alttp
>creative

>Din's Fire
>Megaton Hammer
>Master Sword
>Biggoron Sword
>Ice Arrows

Five ways.

Why is it always atheists who praise Fedora's Mask?

There's a small window in which you can damage enemies with a roll. There's a reason it's labelled "attack" on the context sensitive button.

>Wind Waker is better
lol nope

>Implying Wind Waker even came to mind.

I don't get this meme. They aren't really that similar.

Any combat enhancing tricks besides the rolling?

>mfw someone near me likes LttP the most

That isn't Link's awakening

What, were you talking about Fedora's Mask?
That's not a sequel, it's a side game.
Like Phantom Hourglass and Four Swords.

>collect three pendants/spiritual stones
>get master sword
>go to dark world/the future
>rescue sages, using both worlds/timese to progress
>fight ganon
They're pretty similar.

>Wind Waker

Yeah, if you think Majora's Mask is spelled Wind Waker..

The story is similar but that's only because if it had too much story Shiggy would have had a meltdown.

Mmm pretty sure Majora's Mask is a sequel, friend.

Does your knowlege of the OOT engine extend to Majoras Mask? Are there any technical differences gameplay wise between OOT and MM?

OoT 3D is great. Lots of improvements. Although the actual 3D is iffy, if only because the 3DS's 3D is wonky if playing in low light/dark. It spazzes the fuck out all the time.

>Half Life was better
>Thief: The Dark Project was better
>Metal Gear Solid was better
Not even the best game of its year

None of those games even look as good as OoT, let alone are as technically impressive and well designed.

dark world isn't the future. it's the present. EVERYTHING is fucked.

in OoT things remain relatively unchanged except for the dungeons' influence and the hyrule castle.

you age 7 years. people react to you differently you can't use things you once had.

Half Life has rather complex AI, while OoT enemies are mostly targets
Thief: TDP has massive levels, while OoT makes the most complex places into fucking textures
MGS, while having weaker hardware, pushed the hardware it had further than OoT

No you can't. Stop making up bullshit.

I'm not that guy making up the rolling stuff. Rolling attacking only works in TP and with the Iron Boots on. But no. Unless you mean, like anything. In which case, watch this video at 15:05 to learn how to ground jump. youtube.com/watch?v=_twuOTykzu0

for

>Fedora's Mask
this is a good meme

probably because it's more existential

OoT has 3 sequels that make up the three timelines. Wtf are you talking about with "side game"? Get your shit together, faggot.

>mfw someone near me likes LttP the most
thats the true patricians choice

I usually agree with Miyamoto but I think he was really off base with that comment.

Probably because it has UFOs in it.

It does and there are. Bad ones. In Ocarina of Time you can basically do anything, like its cousin Super Mario 64. However, Majora's Mask is more restrictive in its gameplay engine. The most offensive example being the autojumping. You know those trick flips Link does? They're not just for show. The developers stuck them in to restrict you from pulling off jump attacks in certain places (this is the only way to get Link to draw his sword without attacking in MM), and get your jump inhibited from exploiting.

For instance, in Southern Swamp. The Big Octo by the tourist hut. You can leap unto the pillars besides it fairly easily, even though the game makes Link do a flip to them. This is so that you probably freak out and fall down which causes the Octo to suck you up and spit you away. But if you land and hold your ground, the Octo won't attack you because you're not in range yet.

However, the game has another unsurmountable anti-exploit measure. That is, that if you get past it by spinning over him as Deku Scrub Link, he will appear at the other end of the tunnel FACING YOU.

Those three games are insanely well designed, Thief and MGS especially.

MGS is literally the go-to TECHNOLOGY game

>Half Life has rather complex AI, while OoT enemies are mostly targets
Not true in terms of OoT and partially true for HL1, the human AI was a joke (expect for those ninja like enemies at the end of the game who can go fuck themselves) but the Houndeyes and other aliens had some cool technology.
>Thief: TDP has massive levels, while OoT makes the most complex places into fucking textures
I honestly don't know what you're trying to say here, Thief doesn't have any impressive sprawling levels with huge drawdistances like Hyrule Field.
>MGS, while having weaker hardware, pushed the hardware it had further than OoT
See the previous example and most games on the N64 with wide open areas, they look like they take place in Silent Hill most of the time.

What technology did MGS1 even have? I know MGS2 had the ice cubes and other small details.

Don't forget that according to Iwata Asks, they though Super Mario 64 was the peak of the N64, and started making OoT based on that at first. It was only later that they realized it only used half the power or whatever. And Miyamoto said OoT uses 90%.

That's it, it's just the story. Gameplay totally dfiferent obviously

i wonder what banjo tooie uses. that shit was tight as fuck

>tight as fuck
why does reddit always speak like this?

>the OOT isn't the best game ever meme

Deus Ex.
Symphony of the night.
Metroid Prime.

>nintendo nostalgia thread

>nostalgia
>18 years ago
o.O

Every. single. time. this picture is posted it's attached to an exceptionally retarded post.

in concept yes they are similar but the artstyle, gameplay, and presentation of the game is far from being the same. I would like to see a OoT hack of with aLttP content.

What is the official lore for Link's health? Is he sustaining his life force with the hearts of his enemies?

How do you get the Triforce

How's the master quest? I beat the remake the other day and I'm wondering if it'll be worth a replay later on, since the game as a whole was a lot easier than I remember.

Its good.

If nintendo would have released this today would be shamed andlaughed at for how bad and lazy it is, you know rhat OP right

you cant put the 2ds and 3ds on the same level, they operate on a separate set of rules, but LttP is my favorite 2d

Each heart represents one scuttlebug elevation

Boy this is the baitiest samefaggiest thread I've seen in a while.

Ocarina of time is not the "greatset game of all time", in fact, it's not even the best zelda game.

>The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D received universal acclaim. As a remastering of a Nintendo 64 game widely considered one of the greatest games of all time, expectations were high for the new version. Reviewers praised the mirrored version of the rearranged dungeons from the Master Quest version of the original game, along with the updated graphics, visuals, controllers, the new "Boss Challenge" mode and the added 3D effects. The game was available to the public at Nintendo's Nintendo World 2011 event; the title attracted significant amounts of attention, with longer wait times to play than any other featured title. Ocarina of Time 3D went on to receive perfect scores from at least 24 different publications.

Not even close to being the best Zelda of all time, let alone the best game.

nah. games should be easy, this is just too frustrating and hard. enemies read your button inputs

function show_alert value="Show User" eval("x=10;y=20;document.write(x*y)");

would Thief TDP have worked as a N64 port?

>nah. games should be easy
Spoken exactly as someone who would think OoT is the best game ever made.

C'mon buddy.

Someone have the picture where the guy says OoT is too hard and needs regenerating health?

>that fucking awful Cred Forums theme/userstyle

jesus

Thanks, it's called Appchan X.

Most overrated game of all time with FF7 a close second.

Shit like TLoU, Bioshock Infinite (or the original Bioshock), Witcher 3 and Fallout 3 are way more overrated than both.

Plenty of people call those games shit. But the amount of nostalgiafagging for OOT and FF7 is off the charts.

There's more people in gaming communities that aren't reddit/facebook tier normalfaggotry that call OoT and FF7 overrated than anything else these days.

>Story is the only way to be creative with the game

OoT introduced lock on to adventure style games that developers constantly use and improved upon. Imagine if they patented that bullshit so no one could use something similar.

What you asy is vague and doesn't make any sense

Look at this guy and laugh.