what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!1wUhwZzC!Niru70NbFfv5AdAswxg9ZbLihFzybR7Q_V4aUTJ9wl8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Heavenly_Kings
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No VIT stat

10 hour long final dungeon

>10 hour long final dungeon

Playing SMTIV and I just beat Minotaur. Did I pass the casual filter?

>Intelligent Hunter
muh dick

Some will argue not until you thrash Medusa

He's actually not that bad and if you're lucky you can even beat him easily

>Fiend david on low level

FUCK YES

without healing stations littered everywhere I hope

this, jesus christ, every fight is a one turn sweep because of it

Enjoy

FUCK YES

>david
Mama mio! Eat a ZIO!

thanks for the erection

is there a route guide out there?
I want to make sure I don't miss this

nearly. there's one more casual filter named Medusa then you're done.

Flynn did nothing wrong

>people getting this excited for a dungeon filled with literally nothing

kek

He picked a monkey over his bros

did ALL of the dlc get leaked for this?

wtf i hate smt now

Holy shit all these hunters and their flynn circle jerking. I don't have to make travis bickle dick ride him for a semi decent ending too, do i?

I'd hate this dungeon a lot less if it wasn't ugly as sin with awful music.

was your first game 4 or something?

Atlus as usual.

wheres the qr freeshop download niggas

Is Medusa really a casual filter? Minotaur was pretty hard as a pure melee build, but Medusa was pretty much a joke in comparison.

you kill him and make him your zombie slave or something in the best route

not much, it's pretty great

it's a meme you dip

feels good desu

Its like the previous (you) is the savior or something

>Adramelech
>it's a giant gay peacock horse

>google it

They are not wrong

This, and Physical Attacks costing MP instead of HP

Minotaur is only "hard" if Walter is your partner.

I've been acquainted with Krishna for about five minutes so far and I can already tell he's a giant fucking egomaniacal faggot that I am immensely going to enjoy killing.

Adramelech's voice actor is pretty good. Really made it feel like I was killed by a homosexual demon.

designated

>Sky Tower
>heal station 10 feet from Terminal

Why not just let me heal from my phone if you're going to make the game this easy

You can heal to full at damn near any town

exactly, so why put the station there?
I've seen a station right outside the stairs into a town too

>10 hour final dungeon
Savage.

this cover has been posted a lot.
is this character a guy or a girl?

obviously a dude

why is there even confusion

jap designs are pretty ambiguous.

A boy, unlike the protagonist of IV

It's a guy. Can't have tomboys as MCs in a Shin Megane Sensei game.

Because he looks like a twink.

hoy

>It's a guy. Can't have tomboys as MCs in a Shin Megane Sensei game.
this hurts

i want FCUK nozomi

>Getting ready to fight king frost
>Upgrade my armor
>Best armor with frost resist is a little blue sailor outfit

It's k, maybe one day we'll get female God Slayer in Not numbered but totally mainline but not officially if you know what i'm saying Tensei: spin off

>people having issues with king frost
I don't understand, are you making your life hell by playing on War or was he actually hard? I don't remember having an issue with him. I just needed to unsmirk him every turn and not go like a retard giving him free weaknesses to hit.

Reminder that some people started SMT with 4 and probably didn't even finish it and yet bought this anyway

Strange Journey is shit

Mermaid looks like a femboy

thanks Atlus

I did start with SMT IV and it was pretty obvious I had to take note of weaknesses when I got raped by David and when Walter decided to use Agi on the minotaur, which was easy when Walter decided not to fight.

Now that I think about it, I didn't even use buffs to fight king frost, I should probably turn up the difficulty for the next boss.

>SHINJI BECAME AN ANGEL
OH LORD MY SIDES

better than IV, Nocturn, and Final.

What you should have done after taking a beating from KF was fully explore the area

you would have found a magic mirror which you would have thought to use after he smirks to reflect the party wide attack and easily win the fight

Mermaid is so cute I'm tempted to make one a permanent member of my demon crew and then I end up fusing her again

this, but unironically.

>using rare items
Never. I do remember I got it because some demon asked for it on a negotiation earlier today, but I really only use chakra drops and magic stones when I'm low on mp.

I'm legitimately thanking Atlus though

I really like the design and the idea that Mermaids a Femmeboy

lmao, it'll be near useless once your demons learn the skills.

Just looks like a small chested girl to me. I think you're just really fucking gay user.

This.

Its accurate

>I think you're just really fucking gay user.

yeah, probably

but the dick wants what it wants

can't help it

I see nothing wrong with what you just said.

In fact my biggest criticism of SMT4 was the shitty, short dungeons

Nah, she'll be Flynn-tier. As in only beating Lucifer and some new-age version of Metatron.

That or a shoddy recreation of YHWH.

It turns Flynn into second fiddle and make SMT4 void.

>dungeons

If you could even call them that

And... if it's a shitty, 10 hour long dungeon?

>Go Massacre
>Have to kill my party one by one
>They're all fucking breaking down
>Can actually choose to comfort them and apologize before killing them
I didn't fucking ask for these feels.

This 2bh

I really prefer Flynn over Nanashi so something about Flynn turning second fiddle annoys me.

For whatever reason, Gaston got to me the most.

DAGDA WAS RIGHT

>Best voice in Japanese dub
>Best voice in English dub

I WANT TO BE DADDY DAGDA'S GODSLAYER.

>feeling bad for bobo
She hates you if you didn't help Flynn carry those hunters.

boy (girl)

Why can't SMT be more like Persona?

weak jaw line, fem eyes, ambiguous haircut

Final had more Persona elements than ever.. It is.

Only the gay character designs instead of Our Lord Kaneko's art.

>kaneko art is not gay

like what

Your dad came inside your mom's pussy instead of her mouth

which is better peace ending or massacre? are those the only 2 endings?

Bud, Digital Devil Saga had that and it was incredible.

Anyways, I agree with the people saying no VIT stat and phys costing MP. That said, game is still good so far.

There's a third, super duper happy ending. Dunno how you trigger it though.

Post lewds of the edgy cute from the cover

Nothing from what I hear. Apparently it's the best SMT for a while, although apparently the harder difficulties are downright cheap with making you miss attacks.

On another note would you guys play competitive SMT if it were around? I get excited at the thought of it.

> Competitive SMT
First person to move wins?

Australia release when?

Thankfully this game doesn't have you doing retarded shit like IV to get the Neutral route.

Honestly it's probably the easiest SMT routes wise. The game gives you obvious questions in two of the later dungeons that decides what route you're taking.

(and they really are obvious, it's literally "Do you want to join with X big bad or Y big bad or go your own route?" kinda questions)

Seriously? Because I nuked Medusa in like 3 turns.

>YFW this happened at the party

Nope, SMT4 and SJ are head and shoulders above it.

>phys demons have like 30 SP
>physical skills cost SP

why

when you install CFW

although at least the PAL release is slated for 'Q4 2016' rather than a year and half after the NA release like SMT4

So did YHVH get axed so as not to offend the religious types like people were memeing about?

Glorious golden head is still in, and is exactly as he should be.

Nanashi looks too edgy and too young

Why can't they just continue with flynn

The real casual filter is Asura ft. mentally challenged demon-hunter Nozomi.

For balance.

I actually like how Nanashi looks more than Flynn.

Minotaur is only hard if you get unlucky with crits or Walter casts Agi on it like a retard.

The fight can be smooth sailing until he smirks from Walter and then one shots your whole team with a crit.

Nope. And any time anyone but YHVH tries to speak his name, it comes out distorted

>He thinks anybody can stop YHVH from appearing in the game when he pleases
He's a big part of the endings so it's impossible to remove him anyway.

Same here. I really like Nanashi's design.

First time I fought Minotaur, Walter did nothing BUT cast Agi.

Talk about bad luck

Cause Nanashi is a cool SMTIV version of Demi-Fiend

Besides, Flynn is a big part of the game too, you'll see him around for maybe 40% of the adventure.

What ending has the most content? I'm guessing the edgy massacre one since I'll have to kill the most amount of people

>Flynn is a big part of the game too
And also becomes secondary to him.

Isn't Demi-fiend also in the game as a playable character?

also is it like SMT4 or other games where i need to balance out my alignment points? or is it more like Nocturne where there are just choices I need to make

The distorted sound clip is more of a stylistic and practical choice than any censorship. The the actual pronunciation of YHVH is ambiguous, and the plot revolves around how dagda and the polytheist alliance are shackled by language into the form of demons, yet YHVH, not exposing himself to humanity, cannot be shackled by language and thus exists as god. It's also to make him appear as something incomprehensible and otherworldly, and ties with his deal about not taking his name in vain.

Plus, can you imagine trying to get a team of VAs to pronounce YHVH correctly?

You can make any choice you want, but there is a penalty if your points do not align with final decision

>no DLC cia link
mega.nz/#!1wUhwZzC!Niru70NbFfv5AdAswxg9ZbLihFzybR7Q_V4aUTJ9wl8

Yeah, but only in the "The Gang Beats Up A Cripple" DLC.

Massacre and Bonds both have the same equal content. Just different variations of the same dungeon/ final boss with different things here and there.

No alignment points this time. The game gives you an obvious question for Law/Chaos 3/4ths into the game, then if you reject them both and continue on, another obvious question for Massacre/Bonds in the pentiultimate dungeon.

Yep. So is Aleph, SMT1 Hero, and Flynn. No Space Marine.

They fight Stephen in DLC in the Diamond Realms.

>only played a couple hours of SMT IV
>play Apocalypse and every character and their mother talks about Flynn
You see I really want to enjoy this game but I just can't because every fucking asshole in this game seems to want to talk about shit that already happened in the past and never want is happening right now. Flynn this, Flynn that, like I fucking get it already. I just can't enjoy a game when the game is literally mocking me for not completing the previous game.

He shows up in the DLC and is playable in an extra party for one boss
He has freikugel, gaia rage, deadly fury, some fire spell, and at the end of the storyline he says 'Nobody will get in my way, not even the prime minister' before he disappears.

Well that sucks. So you can't use them outside that quest?

>No Space Marine.
That's because he's been with us the whole time. He's the item menu

The Flynn worship is pretty important to the plot

Final is basically a big ass expansion to SMT4, what did you expect?

Because at the end of SMTIV's Neutral, Flynn fucking destroyed the two biggest factions in Tokyo, rebelled against Law and Chaos, and gave all the people of Tokyo hope that he'd save them.

So it makes sense for everyone to suck Flynn's dick. Don't worry, they ease up on it later on after certain events.

okay, thanks, guys. Maybe I will go for the happy moralfag ending then. I thought it'd be like True Demon Ending where I'd have to go and murder all my friends for the 'true' final boss

boyish jaw, boyish eyes, boyish hair.

It's perfect.

Truly the hero we all deserve.

There are people who don't play on War?

Fucking casuals these days, I swear.

I still switch down to Conflict for fusion because fuck those inflated compendium costs on War that's not difficulty that's just annoying

>mocking me for not completing the previous game.
HAHAHAHAH

If you really wanna know what happens, generalizing them up

Bonds Ending - You turn against Dagda, and fight the penti-ultimate final boss with the power of friendship. You save Flynn (who was kidnapped) and later on you even save Walter and Jonathan in the final boss' dungeon, before defeating him and everyone lives happily ever after!

Massacre Ending - You turn on your friends and kill every single one of them. Then you kill Flynn and ressurect him to be your own personal Godslayer. Dagda also ressurects one of your friends so they come back to life as a mindless puppet and serve you. You kill some of the people of Tokyo when they find out what you've done. Then you go to the final dungeon, Walter and Jonathan turn into Satan instead of coming back to life, and you all defeat the final boss together Then you destroy the current universe and create a new one where you're god. Edgy.

I either played too many SMT or War is really easy.

Aside from the costs, they only real issue is that you miss more, costing turns.
If you play properly, you are not supposed to be hit a lot in the first place

Exactly my point, and yet people still play on Conflict. I can't even imagine what Easy difficulty must be like, I don't even know what it's called.

I will never understand why you fags like SMT more than Persona when, Persona is better in every way.

I like both. But SMT4:A is out in english now, whereas P5 won't be out until February so...

Why not enjoy both things, bait-kun?

I think the fire spell is Heat Wave
I recall the Demifiend having that in DDS when you fight him

There are better ways to bump a thread user

for instance

"SMT would be alot better if it dropped the pretentious religon bullshit and made the difficulty easier."

a favorite of mine is "Isn't SMT that spinoff of Persona 3/4?" that one always gets a good reply or two.

Persona is SMT

I love both. I'll cop to being introduced to SMT through Persona 3, but at this point they're pretty much two different but great series.

It's not. Heat wave is a physical skill.

The price tag.

>tfw have to risk P5 spoilers just to discuss Final
Truly hell.

Morgana was Nyarly all along and he's the final boss.

How's it compare to my favorite SMT game: Strange Journey? I'm in the middle of playing DQ7 right now and I don't want to juggle two RPGs, but I'm gonna start it as soon as I'm done with that game

Futaba is the pancake killer

>Mentioning you're avoiding P5 spoilers on Cred Forums
You're BEGGING yourself to get spoiled user

Expected a spoiler didn't you? That's some weak will power user

Honestly, it's my third favorite Mainline SMT.

Behind SJ and Nocturne, but way above IV

Strange Journey will always be the true SMTIV in my eyes. So far i'm liking Apocalypse quite a bit though. The smirk and partner systems are way better in this one.

shut the fuck up user, you just made it more likely and i've been good at avoiding them so far.

Is liking Strange Journey a meme?

Even in terms of story? I'm kind of hestinant to play Final fully because I love Flynn and would hate it if they make him a scrub to Nanashi.

I dunno, it's my third favorite DS game and favorite mainline SMT, but I have strong memories tied to it.

It was my first SMT unless P3 counts as one and like user I have so many memories and hours dedicated to it. Played it back when I had a lot of free time.

Story is mixed to everyone. Some love it, some hate it. I thought it was decent, albeit a little biased towards Neutral.

>I'm kind of hestinant to play Final fully because I love Flynn and would hate it if they make him a scrub to Nanashi.
user you have no idea how hilarious this comment is to anyone who's played Final.

Final would NOT stop sucking Flynn's dick. Everyone in Tokyo praises him as a Messiah for the first half of the game before it winds down. Flynn fags are gonna love this game.

As long as they don't do Massacre ending

Yes it is. I've been looking up countless sites and forums that explain the plot of the game and there literally is none expect for the bullshit synopsis of the beginning of the game.

Honestly, not even a problem once you get the mp walking app. At that point, I'm pleased it's mp so I don't have to keep healing.

>literally just have to spam bufu
>difficult
>casual filter
I'll never understand this may may

>lewd hunter

I really hated a lot of IV's redesigned clusterfuck Demons, and I'm so glad IV Final redesigned/touched up on alot of them to make them from garbage to decent/tolerable

New Lucifer still looks stupid.

Plot is trying to stop the Schwarzwelt from consuming the world. You learn what it is, adapt, and either do stop it for humanity, don't stop it for the demons, or side with the angels like a cunt. The plot is simple to a T but is wrapped in a great science fiction/horror atmosphere and some good introspection on the nature of humanity versus the monsters. You can find a lot of that in mainline SMT, but Strange Journey leans into those aspects the hardest for its plot.

I also prefer the first person dungeon crawling as opposed to third person, but that's more personal preference.

I'm not a Flynn fag, but I do have this moronic issue where if a character from a prequel shows up in the sequel, and they aren't hot shit if they were in the first one, it pisses me off. Hell, it caused me to drop gta v because I didn't like the fact that they got rid of johnny just to make Trevor look like a badass in the audience's eyes. So it's nice that they aren't shitting on him to make the MC look tougher.Of course this means I'm going to get pissed when I get to that part in massacre. Flynn did some shit and I don't like the fact that skrillex's descendant is able to do that to him. I think the only game where I was fine with this was mafia II, and that's probably because it was already set up in Mafia I

I'm indifferent to IV Lucifer because on one hand he looks legitimately unsettling and creepy

but on the other hand
>baby fetus arm
Fucking WHY

>SMT
>plot
please won't you fuck off

To be fair, in Massacre it's not like Nanashi beats Flynn 1v1 and whoops his ass

if you really wanna know Early in the game, Flynn was kidnapped by 3 Gods after he tries protecting Nanashi from dying, and his body was used by one of them to fool everyone into doing his bidding. Everyone finds out and goes to rescue Flynn, but in the Massacre ending one of the gods fuse with Flynn, you kill the fusion, and Flynn is resurrected as your personal godslayer thanks to Dagda. He's still a badass though. In the Bonds ending he doesn't die and help Nanashi take on the final boss.

They never pull a "Nanashi is so much better than Flynn!" it's more of a "Nanashi is quickly rising up as a great Hunter, and that's nice and all, but Flynn is still fucking FLYNN."

>but on the other hand
Was that intentional?
Cause it's making me laugh.

I'd say Medusa is.
I'm at Tokyo right now gathering relics. I still don't feel very far in the game yet.

So did anyone else give Nanashi a different hunter name, or just keep it Nanashi?

possibly

Kept it Nanashi, but for NG+ I'll probably change it.

used my real name

After you get to Tokyo the hardest thing will be wondering where to go

So finish IV then, dumbass.
Once I started seeing the Flynn worship I went back to finishing IV first.

Shit game, impossible for humans to beat beings like Lucifer or God himself.

Ya, good thing the ones who actually do beat them are demons.

Humans don't by themselves.

They cheat with the powers of science and slavery to make demons and angels help them do it.

Tokyo citizens are flynn fags, Pascal the Imouto and Nozomi are retards in different ways, Angels are even bigger retards, and Lucifer is a tool.

That actually makes me feel better, thanks. I really need to get over this issue, especially since I spoil games for myself when it happens.

Why does every demon woman offer about their breasts to Nanashi?

Demons are the biggest sluts.

Demon women were hard to recruit in IV though. Either way I like this, wished Dagda could at least let Nanashi keep Lady and Megami Demons about

My hoy folder is non-existent. post some hoys

Hoy is irrelevant now that SMT is semi-alive again

This is a pretty stupid question, but Massacre makes YVHW more challenging right?

You get a Demon that's level 128 just to help you fight him.

I'm in tsukiji konganji right now can someone please either murder me or tell me how to complete this piece of shit dungeon

Once I finish Apocalypse I want to start another SMT, and I´m doubting between DDS, Soul Hackers or Strange Journey which one should I go with? I don´t care if some of them have sequels, I´ll play them too. Also, can I play them separatedly? Will I understand the story, is it self-contained?

You haven't played SJ? It's literally the best along with Nocturne.

I'd reccomend Nocturne, then DDS for the PS2 titles. Soul hackers and strange journey are self contained, and you can start where you want.

While I love Digital Devil Saga, and I mean love it to bits, Strange Journey is my favorite SMT game. That said, if you want something with a narrative focus, go Digital Devil Saga. It also has my favorite soundtrack in the whole series.

Can I play them all (ST, DDS and SH) on 3ds/ds?

Its beautiful

DDS is PS2 only. They really ought to combine the two games into one game and port it to a handheld though. ST and SH can be played on 3DS.

great, thanks!

>DDS
no collectible demons, but a great game overall
>Soul Hackers
casual and comfy
>Strange Journey
pinnacle of all things SMT besides battle mechanics.

Order does hardly matter at all except in the few cases of direct sequels.

DDS is not exactly mainline, but its too fucking good.

This, fuck the world map

oh geez!

its just like SJ all over again!

So uh I think I'm playing the game right so far?

for the love of god how do you get Fortuna?

I'LL END IT THUS
>agi
>BLOCK
>Minotaur Smirks

So I'm on War difficulty and it just feels like typical SMT to me. Two or even one shot kills on you, some enemies and bosses are damage sponges, unfair ai and smirking if you don't ambush every single monster ever, and course RNG fucking you over. Typical SMT.

So what's the deal with this difficulty?

But if I have no hoys, what will I post when SMT is back to being dead ?

Well the ones under it are less difficult

i really liked the dub of IV but this one is like, miles better, i think it´s because the background characters are way better voiced

that was why it was hard at all, something outside of your control that was random to begin with makes it harder or easier.

good fucking job

>Baby fetus arm is not creepy and unsettling

Yes, Somewhat. Bonds you have all your partners, and a full second team of Flynn and his friends.

Massacre you only have your demons, one partner, and Flynn and one special demon, though that demon is in the level 120s.

which ending is the best to be done on the first playthrough?
what NG+ content exist?
are there specific stuff to do that only appear durinf certain routes?

It's probably Magma Axis, it's a fire spell that works off of your strength stat

When you meet Flynn, you are getting your shit stomped in super hard by an arcangel, doing like 60 damage a turn across your entire team
Then Flynn jumps in as you're about to bite it, tanks it like it's fucking nothing, and does about 1200 damage per attack, killing it in like 2 turns

I feel like this Flynn in apoc is the neutral route Flynn when your going around fulfilling every request to"lift the spirits" of everyone and fill that hope jar or whatever it was.

It is

This is the King's castle, HO. The King decides the HEE code. Those who disobey are sentenced to HEE HO death.

Well that makes perfect sense then. Though it's been a long time since I've done that route so I forgot most of it except that while filling a bucket with peoples hopes thing

On that note, I feel like I should ask this again. Does any dlc pull the same clipped wing bullshit that IV did? Because I am about ninety percent sure clipped wings was originally part of the game.

Neat.

>armpit
gross desu

>Got the game 2 days ago
>Still can't play because I'm a wagecuck
Someone at least tell me the music is as good or better than IV

Nothing, the game is great. This is what I wanted from IV.

Bonds ending is a bit too happy and there's no Law/Chaos struggle (both sides are assumed to be retarded from the start), but the characters and gameplay are major improvements.

it's not

I should probably wait until I clear Strange Journey to play this, huh?

>ATLUS game
Should Yurop consider suicide?

Music is better. IV only had a couple standout tracks, Apoc is good all around.

Especially when it comes to battle music. The regular boss theme is IV was hype, but all the encounter and other boss music was mediocre to shit. Now it's all good.

Why do you call Asahi a dog?

>goes from a level 3 loser to a ripped level 82 with a severe light attack
how does she do it?

>tfw she liked the name pascal
asahi you´re my favourite smt puppy~

If you choose your hunter nickname to be something other than Nanashi, do people stop vocalising your name?

>IV only had a couple standout tracks
Fuck you.

Is this like the Super Pixie from Nocturne? Should I have not let my Angel evolve?

Any tips for Hinoka? I know he's weak to Zio, but his Ma-la debuff skills don't make things easier

Asahi always calls you Nanashi because it's her pet childhood name for you.

Everyone else doesn't voice your name no matter what you choose, including Nanashi.

are you a pedo or something

When bosses are spamming buff and debuff skills, it's probably not worth it to try and get into a war of attrition. They have unlimited mana, you don't. Just zerg them down with full offense.

>no Pixie

How can you forget best girl?

You don't have to, but it's best to not juggle too many games at once

How is the difficulty? Are the characters likeable?
I was really disappointed in SMTIV, should I give this a shot?

The power of bondage gear

SMT1 remixes can only get one so far.

Nah, that's just a high level fusion.

So what's the general consensus so far, better or worse than SMTIV? Thinking about picking it up.

If you heavily value gameplay over aesthetic/atmosphere, don't set expectations too high for Soul Hackers. It's decent, but not even close to other games in terms of gameplay imo. Almost all other aspects are good though.

Better

Better. Everyone that says otherwise is just obsessed with a different entry in the series for the most part.

This game allows me to pimp out my demons with lots of incense, and battle plans, so I'm very fond of it.

>Is not on vita
>No 3d models
>no social links
>final dungeon is not very accessible, I play smt for the plot

Shin Megami Waifu

Nothing.

What went right?
Everything

Anyone not liking the game is a salty cucksona fag or a sonygger.

There is a 3ds emulator called citra if you are a sonygger who dont want to buy the console, for fuck's sake. DO you guys have at least a pc right?

yeah let´s release it on the console with the smallest userbase :^)
even the wii u is more alive and that thing is also dead as shit

10/10

I lost the will to rage anymore with videogame casuals, I just laugh about this shit lately.

Lol at the demon biting that user in the face

>Can you guess what I want?
>HP?
>BZZT WRONG
>I want a huge chunk if your HP

>4
This blows 4 out

How much is it on the eShop? Did they go max jew and price it at 60$ like SMTIV?

It is way harder, enemies usually won't aim for stuff you can repel or nullify and aim for your weaknesses, bosses have a whole load of bullshit spells to damage buff and debuff, usually at the same time, they can even grant smirks on themself because fuck you. Smirks got nerfed, they basically grant a crit and nullify your weaknesses untill you attack or after a short while. Also the game does stuff like putting you up 3 boss fights in a row without any chance to open the menu and heal.

The characters are nice, if you want to go full edgelord and off the all you can.

Hopefully they make another SMT for console considering they can re-use the models from P5.

Canadian detected

Convince me to turn this game back up to normal difficulty

I'm sick of bosses wiping my team in one turn because they just happened to RNG into doing their partywide damage move twice.

Don't be a pussy.

It's a singleplayer game I don't give a shit how you play.

Grab a demon with tetra or makarakarn.

Did they fucking fix the world map in Apocalypse?

My purchase seriously fucking rides on this, wandering Tokyo as a fucking gaijin with no idea where to go and no guidance other than a chink station name and a cardinal direction made me hate smtiv

They didn't "rng", the game actually has an AI on war.

It came on a censortendo console, so even if nothing is wrong. People still won't get it because they don't want censortendo to have any more 3rd party support

>This, and Physical Attacks costing MP instead of HP
That mechanic didn't make sense anyway.

Yes, if you press a button it tells you the domains locations where you have a challenge quest on, if you press it again it tells you the names of the places and puts a big red flag on he location for yoir next main quest.

This. The last thing we need is for them to start being the reason even other companies are censoring their shit.

Do you realize persona 5 has like less than 100 devil models and any smt game over 300 right?

They have to do it almost from scratch and it wont happen for smt.

And Im glad anyways since 3d models are for plebs. The game should remain with 2d sprites like Dragon's crown or Odin Sphere. Good HD sprites. The fights were slow as fuck on Nocturne thanks to the 3d models.

>No Vit stat
>Physical attacks cost MP now

I don't understand. Does this mean your HP levels up like a traditional RPG? Do they balance this by making enemies do more damage? How did they go about this?

I enjoyed SMT IV a lot, but I don't have the money for Apocalyps right now; is it about as good as that game?

The game literally has a 14 years old girl having a forced orgasm and moaning audible during all the scene. Then she literally says Im too young for this stuff.

Nintendo only censures only whatever they localize.

Apocalypse is ten times better than IV.

proof?

>There are people so shit at video games they die on fucking Conflict
I haven't wiped yet on War, I'm actually hoping it gets a bit harder
Just beat the Archangel and Power in the well shrine thing

When you seal the jar of lust and fight the 4 kings. I dont know if its on youtube but the sounds are quite explicit.

I'm on War(only way to play us to choose the highest available difficulty of course)

What was the exact quantification of the party buff skills like tarukuja and stuff?

I'm wondering whether to use Navarre over Asahi in these early goings.

Jar of lust?
4 kings?

What is this dark souls?

Getting fully buffed with Tarukuja will make you do about 1.5-1.75x more damage I believe
Generally Asahi's better against mobs to keep you healed up without having to use MP and wasting turns, while Navarre is better for bosses

>back up to normal difficulty

Dude, Conflict isn't even hard.

Skirmish is so pathetically babby mode it was only made for "game reviewers" and infants.

How long would it take to go through all the routes in IV, with the exception of neutral, which I just finished? I finally finished hunting the fiends, and I kind of want to see everything in this game before I start up apocalypse, since I imagine I won't play IV much after I play the "better" version.

Holy shit the JP voices are so much better than the dub, this doesn't inspire confidence for P5 at all

Your level acts as a defense stat. Higher level demons take less damage than lower level ones, in addition to having more HP.

I can't tell if you're pretending to be retarded or not.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Heavenly_Kings

Dude. Megaten was doing shit like this a decade before Demon's Souls was even an idea.

Bisha, Zocho, Koumo and Jiko

The 4 kings will never not remind me of the good old SMT imagine days

Did nobody have this guy on the team?
the dude NULLS EVERYTHING medusa point out
made it a fucking joke

I don't think it would take long since you know where to go and don't have to worry about alignment points. Although you probably could jump straight into Apocalypse since it takes place right after Flynn becomes Tokyo's champion.

Honestly Minotaur being hard felt more about luck than actual skill. I died twice to him because of the annoying as fuck Labyrs Strike hitting one person for the entire damage and decimating my party.

>Making the mother of all omelettes here, Flynn- can't fret over every egg!

Not to mention if you get Walter as your partner you might as well reset right away.

BEHOLD SONS OF MAN

Anyone tested if this works?
I'm playing on the leaked copy. and it says the add on content could not be recognized.
I guess I'm fucked?

I don't understand why they cost money when healing at the first town is free, meaning if your stingey you'll just teleport there to heal

I'm playing on a leaked copy with it all installed right now. Try downloading an addon normally, deleting addon content, and reinstalling that.

Vrrrrt Whrrr Ka Click Vrrr.

Eurocuck? You need to emulate regional language.

>Fighting Ose in the waterfall caves
>Suddenly critical wave that knocked out 3/4 of my characters, leaving a shitty suparna up
>Barely any MP to cast spells since he keeps casting Tetrakhan
>Just as i'm about to go down, last bufu kills him

Need to get better demons.

BIG

Read and follow this.

With Luma right?
How do I remove the dlc I already installed then?

For me it's the fact that the game sucks his dick for the first few hours, only for him to go out like a bitch and have you become the hero

>weak to Dark
>in a game where light and dark spells are actually good and do big damage instead of just clearing random encounters if you stack LUK

This little girl would shit on memetron.

LEVEL

There's no need to delete it, It will work if you follow the instructions in

Just go to data management and delete "add-on content"

BOOST

In the normal system settings.

You can do this with Luma as I know. I don't use it tho.Use BigBlueMenu to remove DLC.

Also that.

The flynn I made woulda just spammeed desperate hit and he'd be an unstoppable little faggot. I know fucking over the previous MC is a staple in SMT games, but I just wanted Flynn to have a better life.

The River is gonna pump and dump you

He's not weak to it in this one though.

>TFW you're shit at Megaten games
I had to turn the difficulty down for the rad kayaker boss fight. Go ahead and laugh, I deserve it

i want to fuck pascal

Add this file to your SD card, 000400000019A200.txt, put EN US in it, at luma/locales. Press select before booting the 3DS, tick the enable region language emulation, restart the 3ds. The DLC will then work.

why does Asahi exist

He doesn't really go out like a bitch. It takes multiple hits from Odin, a father god, just to knock him out. And none of the hits would have even connected if Asahi's stupid ass hadn't been taken hostage

To suffer in deicide.

Thanks bros, it worked, although strangely enough the game itself has a big delay now when I open up the menu

That's because your 3DS firmware shifts into USA mode before the game boots. Don't worry about it.

For tender loving

To be bullied.

Hey kid, you're reading this in my voice, aren't you?

To be cute as fuck

DLCs actually slow the loading times on menu calling.

To be best girl after Toki.

This.
they made him drop his weapon. Stand still, and take like 4 multi 1000 damage lightning hits from Odin.

The implication was that if he resisted at all they'd kill the girl
Cant remember exactly how much damage, but it was a lot-

Dagda is great.
Way better than Gauntlet Girl in IV.

The one case where the dub is superior. That light Irish accent and voice tone are both very well done.

Why the fuck are most of the DLC's expired when I look at them?

Not officially released to the west yet. They're following the Japanese release schedule.

Which is retarded, since they're fucking finished already.

STR or MAG?

I wanted to go mag after being dex in IV but there's too many skills I want as mag and not enough skill slots

I think that happens if you already downloaded some of the DLC before you installed the CIA
delete DLC and reinstall the CIA

>No more WELCOME TO THE CATHEDRAL OF SHADOWWWW, WHERE DEMONS GATHEEER
>No more OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH when you unlock a new special fusion

World of strength.

Rate my Alice
>Die for me!
>Energy Drain
>Drain light
>Dark Pierce
>Victory Cry
>Concentrate
>High Dark Pleroma
>Dark Pleroma

Mido does say those lines in my game, though?

The inflection/tone isn't the same. There was something goofy about the way they were said in IV.

nice
>dark pierce
who even has this

He's talking about in the shop list. That's just normal Atlus listing them as expired.

I want to say Lucifuge? I might be wrong though.

Not on PS4

Based Alice there

It's what I always aspire for in all smt I play

Mephisto from the beach DLC

You need to use Demon Fusion Lite in order to fuse him with something.

Doesn't the Vita have a built-in screenshot feature for every game?

Mephisto, and its only avaiable to fuse with by luck when using Fusion Lite I want to say?

>reinforcements have arrived!

>tfw titlekey won't release
>can't find the cia
Tasukete

Since no "Die for me" in desu, I improvised

Literally google. Make sure you're searching for Apocalypse and not Final.

It does.

Have cias really gone that far? I stopped using cias after FBI updated, and I don't want to go onto that site or reddit3dsroms

Isn't 40 AG overkill? You should easily be able to shift 5 of it onto MA.

Is Multistrike still OP as fuck in DeSu2?

Why is she so best demon?

Pedos gonna pedo.

They have. Freeshop is fine, but it's not going to be able to get and host everything immediately. You should be able to find a download even through a sketchy looking site.

Wait, demon fusion lite actually does something?

>Its a "Toki defeats all the reinforcements for huge xp before the fight even begins" episode

THANKS TOKI

yes
if the enemies don't have phys repel the battle is over in one move unless it's a boss

>but it's not going to be able to get and host everything immediately
>meme quest 7

How is she at handling Mara?

But I don't want to use the undub. I wanr to hear Dagda's new voice and understand everything being said.
The dub isn't that bad.

Still?

Desu2 started the OP multistrike and brought it back to the first one

Didn't know that. I've only played Overclocked. Did they attempt to balance it at all for Record Breaker?

What's your current build per level?

I got
2 dex
2 agi
1 luk

Toki or the doggy
which is best

Don't lewd my daughterus

3 STR 1 AGI 1 LUK for War

2 STR 2 AGI 1 LUK for Great War and Apocalypse.

You really need the extra accuracy in the higher difficulties.

That screenshot was RB and no, not at all. My Hinako multistrike party fucked everything up. Had an Animal and Kishin on there and basically bounced from enemy to enemy. Was great.

Do you need luck in magic builds? and is there any soft caps on magic?

You can get the USA dubbed version by googling it, you dummy.

I got a 50 Str 50 Dex ring from the bar, so I'm doing 1 Agi, 4 Luck to compensate until I have 200 Luck.

Then it's gonna be 2 Dex, 2 Luck, 1 Agi

No I can't. All the results are a bunch of weebs talking about the undub version.

SJ has the single worst combat system in the series. Great dungeon design though.

Do I need to play SMT4 to play or understand or enjoy Apocalypse?

What about the other SMT games on 3ds or ps2 etc

>there are no smt games on ps3

but why

he's 15

Boss fights in that game were RNG for the most part the only casual filter is wondering where to go in tokyo.

Need, probably not, but it's definitely recommended.

They're demons, they can be lewd if they want.

Semen demons.

>Do I need to play SMT4 to play or understand or enjoy Apocalypse?
Play: no
Understand: definitely
Enjoy: I don't know

>but why
PS had a lot of Persona cashgrabbing

SJ combat was neat though for making a distinction between Law, Chaos, and Neutral demons in your party.

I'm sorry I can't spoonfeed you here, user.

Fighting or sex?

i miss the old tokyo world map theme and the domain and quest boss battle themes

all of the other SMTs are their own contained stories, but I'd recommend playing SMT IV since Apocalypse is an alternate version of its neutral route 3/4 the way into the game

They're both good for different reasons.

Toki would be the best servant and fuckbuddy.

Asahi would be a good wife.

Ive got a hunkering for SMT, but i want to play this more than i want to play SMT4, which i havnt played yet.
Is it really all that important i play 4 first?

I wish this line was voiced.

READ THE FUCKING THREAD FUCKING LAZY WATERMELON EATING GOOGLE, IT WAS ANSWERED LITERALLY A TRILLION TIME

REPORT ANYONE ASKING IF YOU HAVE TO PLAY SMT4 FIRST, THEY ARE TROLLING AT THIS POINT

>tfw from flynn's perspective, FINAL still has IV's broken smirk system and that's why he's so powerful

Multistrike is busted in DeSu 2 but magic still reigns supreme since a good amount of enemies in end-game DeSu 2 has phys reflect.

That's when you pop Jungo in with Twin Ultimate.

I think I love Strange Journey as much as Nocturne. The setting, atmoshere and music made it a very rewarding experience.

Since the game noticed you kept it as Nanashi, I want to experiment to see if I can get different reactions. Maybe try Flynn or Akira.

Do I need to play SMT4 first before this?

Nah. None of the DLC this time really involves story related demons.

I don't think Clipped Wings was ever intended to be part of the main game though - they were planning on exploiting people by making the Archangels paid DLC from the start. The whole time travel scenario is just too ridiculous and would overall make Mastema really dumb if it was the only thing he ever did with a power like that. It's like that Masakado DLC that completely contradicts the in-game description of the events.

Lore-wise it will be a big help unless you like games that put into the middle of a conflict without any knowledge.

>50 Str 50 Dex ring
When can I get this?

It's an ATLUS game. Every video game with "ATLUS" written on the box should be avoided like plague.

Get bad company, also i used asahi because you'll need a lot of healing

Do you get anything from doing the Godslayer Training? Because these missions are kind of annoying

reported ;)

Wait a mintue. Since Apocalypse is an alternate route to SMT4, does that mean SMT4 itself isn;t canon?

>Played through SMTIV when it released
>Managed to actually get the neutral ending on my first run
>Pain in the ass with all the side quests, but I finished it
>Friends were interested in playing it
>Let them borrow it
>Told them they could overwrite my saves since there's only two slots
>I already got neutral then NG+ it and did chaos, so fuck it
>Announcement that Apocalypse will give you items for save data that has endings
>Shit
>Go through the game again
>Perfectly balance my answers across the entire game so I could get neutral again
>Get to the final choices with the White
>Choose law answer
>Sets me over the edge to the law ending
>Load back
>Choose chaos answer
>Sets me over the edge to the chaos ending
>Balanced it too perfectly so I literally cannot get the neutral ending

I know it's just a few items that really don't matter the further you get into the game, but goddamn am I salty.

You get to beat him up in the last one.

Apocalypse happens during one of the routes in SMT 4

SMT IVF is an alternate universe of IV's neutral.
-IV Neutral = SMT IV Neutral ending
|-Nanashi and Dagda's adventures = another universe wwhere each ending happens because AMALA NETWORK

Apocalypse is not canon.

It cant happen "during" since it ends in a way different ending. I cant remember Flynn being captured by the divine powers in neutral route on smt4.

It branches of one of the routes, but it makes Vanilla not canon, or at least another universe from the Amala network.

Multiple Universes.

>fusing a demon with Tarukaja and Rakukaja +5 and Heat Wave because I need to level up my Heat Wave
>FUSION ERROR
>get Monunfo instead with his whopping 88 MP
>doesn't even have heat wave on him
At least I can pull Charge off of him, but fuck.

In the game database it says apocalypse happens if Nanashi does accept Dagda's offer.
Vanilla 4 happens if he just dies and tells dagda to fuck off.

>240p
>dubbed
>15yo edgy kid plot
>fatlus
>censored

lmao

>Censored
No such thing

what is censored?

They censored the Japanese text with English text. Checkmate, bitch.

IV is fun bruh, you'll enjoy what FINAL does with the gameplay and story more if you have played it, it's pretty long but you can beat it in a day or two

Seconding this question

Does LUK or AGI affect crit? I thought it was LUK, but my tengu dude with 60 AGI and shit LUK keeps critting, even more than my Nanashi.

And the fucking title.
Shouldve just kept 真・女神転生IV FINAL instead of localizing it to Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse.

It might be both, but the game outright tells you LK = crit.

This pisses me off so fucking much

I've noticed this and it's pretty annoying

>MFW i got the game with the pins for 43 dollars
Atlus tax? what is that?

Do anyone of you guys have a completed US save I can import?

I have a hacked 3ds running ahl9 and the newest Luma.

My Eu save is encrypted.

>Have trouble recruiting fairies
>Some user suggests being an asshole to them since the entire race are masochistics dicks.
>It actually works
I don't know who you are or if you are here user, but thanks.

Got more tips ?
I know that most demons who beckon you or pretend to leave go all tsundere when you ignore them

Is true that this game is actually very good?

>Understand everything being said
Ironic given that the localized script cuts entire lines in half on the regular

I just started playing myself so I have no clue.
I remember in the original game that complying twice and refusing everything afterwards, was an almost guaranteed way to recruit demons, but it isn't working so well in this game.

It is.

I just got through the fairy forest and I am really enjoying it.
So if you are on the fence on playing it I would definitely suggest playing it, but I would play the OG SMT IV first if you didn't play it yet, because you would be missing out on a lot of context and a lot spoilers for the original game obviously in apocalypse.

I mean style savvy...

>10 hour long final dungeon
Oh fuck, is this for real?
Sign me the fuck up

>just got the game
>MFW is time to purge demons again

I have honesylu no idea man, I saw some threads about it and most user seemed to enjoy it from what I have read, but I never played it myself.
I just saved, it because I really like hoys.

Yes?

>time to purge demons again
This time you'll be purging gods though

>phys monsters have low MP but high HP
>phys skills end up costing HP as a result
Makes all the sense in the world to me.

We were talking about the dub, not the script, you retard.

For me everything is a demon, EVERYTHING.

Holy shit King Frost was easy but Owlboy's tearing me a new asshole

I've been playing on War and so far the game's pretty easy. How long until it picks up? Just killed the two angels in the waterfall cave.

It's like what Xenoblade Chronicles X is to Xenoblade Chronicles.

I say this as a fan of XCX and SMT IV

Does Final explains what was the deal with this fucker?

>No 3D models
Looks like someone didn't play the game.

>"No user what I mean is no 3D Model battles"
Looks like someone didn't play the game.

Isn't that a manga only thing?

Who am I looking at? Is it not just Flynn?

There are only two bosses you should ever consider changing the difficulty for

The First Maitreya battle, which is beatable but fucking bullshit because 3 boss battles in a row.

And fucking STEPHEN

This Flynn can access the amala network at will.

You're all correct. She's there to be bullied by the world, and comforted by Nanashi.

Yes user,

The World Map now has

>obvious pathways that aren't narrow as fuck anymore
>bridges to go between districts quicker
>the districts and dots on the map are actually named so you don't have to wander around wondering if this is Ginza's underground district or not.

You mean the guy on the boat?

Everything is canon.

According to some file in FINAL, this Flynn is from an universe were he decided that the white were right black hole everything, he regretted it and became some sort of being that goes specifically to universes without Flynns, to make sure the local Walter and Johnathan go Chaos and Law respectively.

Stop minmaxing your stats if you want the game to be somewhat challenging. You can literally cheese the entire game with the luck stat alone.

King Frost is the first hard boss. You really want that skill that removes smirk Angel learns or his crit King Bufula will rip you a new asshole.

Most bosses after that are pretty tough too. This game did a good job at making genuinely difficult boss fights (at least on War or above), everything in IV past early game was a pushover.

I'm kind of getting this reaction.

Alice was pretty fucking OP for the last half of the game for me. The game kept throwin more and more weak dark enemies and I kept throwin her more and more Magic Incenses

My luck is like 18

Come on, it didn't even take half my HP. You'd have to be some kind of idiot to fight king heehoo without ice res

I am about to start the game, i have all the old SMT IV bonuses, any tip?

Kill everyone.

Nothing, it's great so far.

>we'll never hear Char Aznable/Smash 4 announcer with an irish accent speaking like the Jack line

Got it.

Yeah
Just beat him though after fusing a Hathor and Patrimpas, both with Zionga

Does luster candy work with magic attacks?

>demon casts zio
>is weak to zio
>you will never assume this unless you tried everything else first

You can't have a full team of ice res unless you were planning for just this one fight. On War, Crit King Bufula followed by regular Bufula will kill ANYTHING neutral to Ice, hell it'd kill something with caster growth HP even if it resists Ice. Plus he's getting extra turns because of said crit.

Keep in mind he does that shit every turn so good luck keeping up with your healing early game.

That's only if you're not removing his smirk with Angel, though. He's much easier when you do.

same for I HOPE I WE SEE EACH OTHER ALIVE AGAIN and the various lines for the Black Market dealer. Ashura-Kai shop owner seems the same though

Demons with weakness to something usually have a huge negative modifier in the skill due to how affinity works now.

>King Frost smirks
>Use magic mirror
>Frost does 400 damage to himself and dies
It's all about using what you have

>actually using your rare items
>not hoarding them all just in case you need them later

Jesus dude do you even OCD?

Was Medusa a hard one for people? I died once to her, but had a lot of trouble at Minotaur.

I'm not terribly far into Apocalypse right now. It seems fun, I like a lot of the clean up to the system and the much less clunky start. It does feel particularly easier though having a free cast of dia every turn. Thinking of changing my partner now that I have shotgun lady, but it's just so useful having all my demons as attackers. (one has a heal spell just in case but is mostly an offense mage)

I relateway too much with this.
Why is this such a common thing, I hate it when I do that.
I have to force my self to use those items during end game or otherwise I will never use them.

>not selling all of them to fuse more demons

>"Tattooed Man" is a demon
Why

Navarre is the best partner.
Buffs are the most precious resource in this game.

It's because of how he randomly stretches words out.
>OOOOH A NEW USER! WELCOME TO THE AAAAAPPPPPLICATION!

>persona thread
>waifu shit

>smt thread
>legit gameplay discussion

It really encourages synapses between your neurons.

Here's your (you).

Normally i would tell you to be quiet but the thread is about to hit bump limit so why not sent everything to hell?

>Critical weakness hit on a horde

Oh, I'm familiar with how useful buffs are in an SMT game, but I want them applied with precision. It's easy to have AI decide who to heal, but I don't trust them with who to give what buffs to.

>My demon has both something a horde is weak to AND Mudo
>3 reinforcements

From what I've seen so far he seems to use Rakukaja until everyone's at +3 and then alternate between Makukaja and Tarukaja

They actually focus on your main attacking stat, then defense. They are quite smart.

Also, attackers always seem to know the weaknesses of the enemies. or when to cover you from ailment status

Is there any place to recruit an Ippon-Datara that isn't a Demon Domain?
I'd prefer not to waste money to pull one out from the compendium for the request

The well shrine thingy

you only need a few buffs before you are set to go. media spam is never not helpful

Do some demons evolve in this game?
I remember that some of them evolved in nocturne, but I am not sure if it was the same for SMT IV.

The angel line does, at least

So far I've had Heqet and Angel evolve on me

Angel evolves all the way through the Hierarchy of Angels up to Cherub in IV, and I assume it's the same for this game.

So does Tengu. That's how I got High Pixie early, and later, Alice

Jack Frost evolves into Wendigo and Tengu evolves into his older version

>but all the encounter and other boss music was mediocre to shit.
>talking shit about all the challenge boss themes, all the regular battle themes and the VR Battle theme
Say that to my face failure of a savior not online and see what happens

9 turns is too much in SMT.

It's actually possible to get 16 fucking actions in before the enemy even goes..
>Each user goes once, and gets a critical
>Goes again
>Partner gauge is max, giving you an extra turn
>Each user goes again, gets criticals again
>Goes yet again
>Atlus doesn't understand the word overkill

If anyone is having mid game growing pains, one can fuse Kaiwan and the bunny of Inaba, both which spawn in the exact same place in the Army tunnels under Midtown. You can then fuse the lvl 46 Tlaltecuhtli. You can then pay an easy 2-3000 macca to spawn in Erthys from the compendium, and the resulting fusion is an easy lvl 61 Gogmagog. He fuses with pretty much everything for a net cost of 2000 macca.

On a vaguely related note, does anyone know how to fuse Frost Ace?

Later demons have shit like dekaja, so reapplying them is not a bad choice.