Geralt doesn't even feel like Geralt in this game,but a mixture of Shepard and Batman...

Geralt doesn't even feel like Geralt in this game,but a mixture of Shepard and Batman. He's the most badass person in the universe. He can solve all the population and world problems but turning his x-ray vision on. Everybody else is incompetent. No one on Skelige is capable of finding the truth unless Geralt turns his x-ray vision on. Assassination is not possible unless Geralt is there to help

t. assblasted blooburnefag

sage

Reported

Reported for reporting

Show me how I'm wrong..

He's not only a Witcher but the worlds greatest detective. There's literally nothing he can't solve by turning on his x-ray vision, and that includes saving the world and the entire continent

I've read three books and played the first two games, I don't remember any of them mentioning that Geralt can x-ray his way out of anything.

In fact there was a detective quest in TW1 and it played out very differently than it would play out in TW3, you had to interrogate people, come up with your own conclusions, find a medic to do an autopsy , etc.

He is talking about Witcher senses, which basically lets you hear and smell anything. At what point did he gain such superpower?

He knows how to hunt monsters and killers, which not many others want to touch, and look for clues when necessary.

He's not the world's greatest detective, but he's a tracker, and he's been doing the same job for over a century.

He's not actually x-raying anything, he's just looking for things that catch his notice and the game is portraying what he notices when he focuses.

I mean, do you think he actually has a health bar floating to his upper left because it's shown on screen?

Do you think he really choses his skills and mutagens through a menu?

Not anything but he has enhanced senses and agility and sign abilities from the trial of the grasses and the mutagens

He's not even the main character of the main story. Ciri is. It may be Geralt's perspective, but he's far far weaker than she is.

He doesn't have x ray vision

It's a casualized gameplay mechanic that represents his enhanced senses for the sake of the player

>He's not even the main character of the main story

This is fucking retarded thing to say.

Also, Geralt decides the fate of the continents, not Ciri. He does it by turning on, or not turning on his x-ray vision. Like if he doesn't help kill Radovid there's no one competent enough left int he world left to do it, even though his x-ray senses where he can track weeks old scents in a medieval town populated by thousands

>but he's far far weaker than she is

This is not what the game tells you. Geralt and Ciri both agree that Imertih is more dangerous than the Crones, so Geralt goes after him while Ciri goes after the Crones

It's not supposed to be a gameplay mechanic. I've read trough three books, but that should be enough to conclude if he has any enhanced senses at all or how useful they are to him. If he had his Batman vision and was the best detective in the world the books and even the previous games would play out differently

>Geralt is stronger than Ciri, the game tells you this

Different user here, partially disagree. Geralt might be stronger than Ciri at the game's time, but she is potentially stronger than Geralt due to her having Elder Blood in her veins. The fact the Wild Hunt is after her implies she is perhaps the most potentially dangerous being in the world, to them.

Also, these are not really spoilers as they are first things you learn about the game.

Are you fucking autistic

No, I'm just wondering why they turned this into every generic AAA game ever with Shepard/Batman as a protagonist instead of a lowly Witcher

Why are you still trying to push this meme?

It quite literally is a gameplay mechanic that represents his enhanced senses that he got from the witcher mutations he underwent way before TW3 was even a thing

Why isn't he the greatest detective ever in the books and previous games? Why is this never mentioned? Why does he even need a detective in Chapter 1 when he can sense the shit out of everything and solve every world problem?

Most "consequences" in this game, is if you ignore a certain quest and Geralt wasn't around to x-ray the shit out of a problem you get a bad ending and the entire world went to shit, lmfao

>At what point did he gain such superpower?
There's a part in TW2 where he points out that there's four archers aiming at them in a tree because he can fucking hear them breathing. He can even tell that one of them is sick because they're wheezing.

>you get a bad ending and the entire world went to shit, lmfao
That's how it goes in virtually every RPG. Things either get worse or stay mostly the same if you don't involve yourself and help people with their problems. How many RPGs can you name where everything ends up just fine regardless of the player's involvement? What would even be the point in most RPGs if nobody needed you to do anything?

The Witcher 3 hate threads have been appearing a lot lately, but why now?

Witcher 1 and 2 were on a smaller scale.

You did not have the power to change the world or stop armies, things would play out regardless of your involvement.

never ever pcuck

is this new morrowind combat and new vegas vs fo3 threads? this is getting annoying

are you for real?
changed half of politics in tw1 searching for mutagens
changed course of war in tw2 lifting the curse and interfering with dragon
if anything tw3 is smaller scale because you can ignore radovid completely

my bet on MEA trailer coming up soon, remember how crazy things got when DAI trailers started to appear regularly?

Because the PS4pro is a mess.

Not dangerous, she is the last hope for the survival of their people.

Honestly, Geralt is almost Mary Sue-tier but he manages to skirt under it with by having a great personality and character flaws.

Also, in the books he pretty much as TW1's Cat potion permanently on as he can always see in the dark, and can detect people in the next room just by their breathing. TW1's investigation segment was likely a narrative choice by the devs. I mean, he also loses his ability to use signs in that game. Superhuman senses were a part of his character from day 1

Shitty decisions by CDPR I guess, and I don't mean the PS4 Pro thing.

Book Geralt gets injured in every fight he had in the books, almost gets killed by nekkers for fuck's sake if not his mother coming and healing him.

The game Geralt is a god of war and destruction, like Eredin in W1 said, his greatest champion.

The games never set out to be a 1:1 strict adaptation of the books. That should've been obvious from the moment you saw the letters RPG on the box. If the game was to be so much like the books as you want it'd probably play more like Uncharted with swords or something. You gotta take some liberties in order to make the game actually work well and be fun as the type of game it set itself out to be.

That said, I'm not a fan of the witcher sense as it's the most boring way to do any kind of investigative work. You just look for shinies and follow or click on them. It's way too simple, and it's needed for way too many quests. It also sucks how the game just keeps getting easier and easier as you level up. Around the first 10 levels I could get ambushed by a large group of nilfgaardians or drowners and be forced to chug potions and sling bombs in order to survive. From 10 and up nothing is challenging anymore. And yes I do play on death march.

i realise some may think its just avoiding the problem but some mods will fix this.
Also enemy scaling is now a built in feature.

because game is shit and most of the people finished game with dlcs just recently since how big that piece of shit full of fillers is

*Enemy upscaling

You can't downscale enemies that are higher leveled than Geralt to his level.

This is true, but you can't exactly translate that fully into gameplay because player agency trumps it. There are some moments, such as Geralt almost getting killed by Detlaf and how Geralt gets frozen during defense of Kaer Mohren like everyone else that remind you there are some things beyond Geralt's scope and level and he's not always unstoppable, but those are just cutscenes.

But despite this his enhanced senses were always a part of his character. Witcher Senses perhaps weren't the most inventive way to represent this but it works, at least, on a narrative level.

Also, remember how Witcher 1 had Not-Ciri? That was fun times.

Game isn't shit.
Check & mate bitch.

>I mean, do you think he actually has a health bar floating to his upper left because it's shown on screen?
>Do you think he really choses his skills and mutagens through a menu?
Not that guy, but yes

In final battle she is exponentially stronger than Geralt can be, she I've his enemies you can two hit at best.

She fucking warps really and time and can stop entropy.
Having read the books it's not up to debate that she is stronger.

if you can hold out for whole year not playing a game you do not like video games to being with and should find a better hobby

Not-Ciri still ended up well imo, sure, the greater brother mutants was fucking retarded, but the poetry at the end was epic.

She only goes super saiyan in the final battle, Caranthir expected to beat the shit out of her, that is why they did the Ice trap spell in the first place.

Say what you like about Yahtzee, but god damn when he says something people take it like the goddamn gospel.

To be honest, videogames stopped being a good hobby a while ago, not trying to be a downer, but Deus Ex Mankind Divided will have the real ending in a DLC, you can't get any lower than that. Fuck this industry.

I don't consider his opinions to be even remotely true, but he does give his genuine non-biased opinions most of the time, which most "videogame journalists" don't even do.

When I wrote "say what you will about Yahtzee" it wasn't meant to be an invitation.
Also I would say that his opinion aren't even remotely INFORMED, not "true".

Different user here again, she goes super saiyan because she learns to control Elder Blood, which makes her stronger than Geralt at the end. The Wild Hunt did not expect her to achieve that, hence the trap.

>openly posts in a board about a topic
>lmao it wasn't an invitation to talk about this topic

Top kek, I do what I want on this korean user board, try to stop me.

And how the fuck did she do that in the fist place? Avallac'h had the great idea to train her only after Kaer Morhen? Did she have flashbacks of the battle and possibly Camelot itself being destroyed by the Wild Hunt because of her and then she went super saiyan for some reason?

Fuck the last act of the game, seriously.

Gameplay, level design, writing and overall structure improved in Mankind Divided over Human Revolution, and if you were really looking forward to the ending you should have known better. If the DLC means more gameplay I'm down whether it has an ending in it or not, as long as the price isn't absurd.
Also this already happened with Prince of Persia 2008, so if you've been enjoying anything these past eight years I guess you were wrong all along by your own logic.

>He's the most badass person in the universe.
Someone hasn't played the game. The whole plot of hearts of stone revolves around him being a little bitch, in blood and wine he gets rekt by the elder vampire.

Witcher 3 is like that beautiful mistress you think is great at first but then turns out to be a dumb shallow whore.

You can't make any less sense than that.

badLetho

Yeah, and just like that mistress you never actually had her for yourself, so you're just going by what other people tell you.

I clearly said the hobby stopped being decent A WHILE AGO, so I perfectly know, user, but I consider not putting the real ending in a game and selling it separately to be one of the worst sins that videogame developers can make, I have no idea why gamers let them get away with shit like this.

>better writing
"we wuz augmentieeeed n shieet"

As for the level design, I agree, but the Story team is made by a bunch of hacks at best.

geralt is nothing like batman. stop this shit. batman is a huge moralfag and an actual awful shitty character. literally the antithesis of geralt

That and fighting a higher vampire all by himself is supposed to be the hardest challenge of his life so there are a lot of things stronger than him.

What a good retort, user, I am in awe at your autism.

Geralt moralfags a lot though, but he kills monsters, unlike idiot Brucie.

The interactions at the end where they reflect what you told Alvin earlier were great.

Man, the last act really killed the pacing.

Thinking about Ciri and her powers though, I'd say she's the most powerful person in the game, but not in the traditional sense. She's more like a nuke that would be deadly if it fell in the wrong hands, but on her own she can't unleash her full power unless she loses control. She is still very strong on her own, though.

he kills humans too. and he's not a moralfag at all

>Geralt
>not a moralfag

Read the books, sure, he gets tired of moralfagging at the end of the books, but that is like after 6 and a half worth of novels.

To be fair, witchers don't even normally go after Higher Vampires because they so dangerous

Yeah he gets tired of moralfagging, when he takes a pitchfork to the gut because he's protecting the downtrodden
Geralt is really shitty at Witcher neutrality

>The interactions at the end where they reflect what you told Alvin earlier were great.

A monster hunter's advice to an innocent kid turns up creating a monster, a monster he has to kill with his silver sword, I always orgasm when I think about the pottery in this.

>Man, the last act really killed the pacing.
It killed the game for me, sure, Hearts of Stone was a masterpiece and the sidequests of Blood and Wine were great even though the story of it was the worst of the series, but that fucking last act should have been fixed with an EE.

>Thinking about Ciri and her powers though, I'd say she's the most powerful person in the game, but not in the traditional sense. She's more like a nuke that would be deadly if it fell in the wrong hands, but on her own she can't unleash her full power unless she loses control. She is still very strong on her own, though.

She is capable of taking after herself, sure, but in normal circumstances she is worse than Geralt, Game-Geralt that is, book-Geralt would surely be worse than her if book-Ciri ended up having the powers that game-Ciri has.

It was only Dandelion's stare that forced to go outside, he and Dandelion pretty much heard a woman being raped by some soldiers before they got to Rivia and Geralt did not give a slight shit anymore.

how about you actually play MD instead of listening to parrots around here?

Shill more, faggot.

You don't get bad ending, things just plays out the way they would wiothout Geralt's interference. Neutral Skellige ending actually works out pretty decently for the Isles. Even Radovid ending, depending on how you feel about Nilfgaard and Emhyr, may have a good side to it. Some quests do have a bad endings if you don't investigate things properly, but that's how it always been in Witcher games.

What's the Neutral skellige ending?

OP is right; the player should have nothing to do.

>I always orgasm when I think about the pottery in this.

You need show us this pottery, user.

>It killed the game for me, sure, Hearts of Stone was a masterpiece and the sidequests of Blood and Wine were great even though the story of it was the worst of the series, but that fucking last act should have been fixed with an EE.

I still enjoyed Blood and Wine's main story even though it got really stupid in some parts. I could've been way better. But I did enjoy the final boss fight a whole lot.

I think my main problem with the ending and some of the other parts of Witcher 3 is that it cuts away from the really important moments. Right after Geralt and Ciri unite, right after Visimyr dies. It's even worse in the ending since it leaves so many unanswered questions. What about the White Frost now? What happens to Avallach? What will become of the Wild Hunt now that they've got no Navigator?

Also, it was really nice to see your significant other post-Blood and Wine but I wish you could've done more together.

>She is capable of taking after herself, sure, but in normal circumstances she is worse than Geralt, Game-Geralt that is, book-Geralt would surely be worse than her if book-Ciri ended up having the powers that game-Ciri has.

Geralt trumps Ciri in game and book. Book Ciri became a lesbian bandit, tried to get boned by an elf who couldn't get it up, and then went to Camelot.

>Witcher 1 didn't have high stakes
The wild hunt wasn't going to use Alvin for magic tricks.

Geralt is not a problem even though he's much blander in games than he's in the books
Now fucking Ciri is the main mistake Sapkowski ever did and the reason saga is always going to be inferior to short stories. Disgusting, dumb special snowflake with barely any personality of her own.

Svaringe becomes a king if you choose to stay out of Skellige politics.

>Even Radovid ending

Go fuck yourself. Radovid is the bad ending. The game goes out of it's way to find thousands of different ways to tell you how Radovid is fucking evil. In the prologue if Radovid wins everything is fucked, and not only the herbalist but random women and children are being burned alive.The fucking narrator tells you at the ending how bad you fucked up.

Please don't like that there were "good sides" to Radovid. The game didn't present any. He was as black and white as they come

He has a great detective skills in the novels as well. In Grain of Truth short story he recollects exactly what happened to the two dead people he found in the forest merely by watching the crime scene. With a few more hints he also guesses what killed them. The reason why he needed detective in the Chapter 2 is because he was suffering from amnesia, so he forgot most of the things he knew, which is no longer the case in The Witcher 3. Even then he still does pretty much everything himself.

How are you supposed to emulate his enhanced senses then?

Holy shit did you not get the relationship between Geralt and Ciri? He wants to do everything possible to protect her, so of course Geralt won't let her go face Imhitler.
Do you perceive everything in life like a fucking numbercrunching autist?

>it's not like they made two entire games without xray vission and they went fine

Geralt says to Ciri something in the sorts of

>I'm not sure even I can't take him let alone you

Implying he's stronger than her, and she doesn't object to that.

What are you talking about 2 had it

Contrarians just like being mad when devs use popular mechanics, even though they are working just fine.
I admit, Condemned's detective system for example is better, but wouldn't work the same way in witcher.
Geralt doesnt have tools, he just has superhuman senses and a hundred years of experience in tracking.

As you must have noticed from the story, Ciri can't control her powers and isn't as experienced as Geralt at that point.
And IIRC from the books, Geralt doesn't even believe the elder blood hocuspocus.

And that's how you know the game sucks shit, when you have to argue which one of the main characters is a bigger Marry Sue.

Sure its kinda cheap to just paint everything red but how are you supposed to emulate him being able to hear people breathing from far away or smelling stuff like a doggo or he being a great trained tracker, they cant just let you look for clues like an idiot

2 had it purely as a helping mechanic to help you highlight things out in the enviroment you could loot or interact with. You could still interact with everything without piss vision. In TW3 you can't interact with stuff without piss vision even if you see them..

W1 had some important enviromental clues you could interact with but the game didn't highlight them for you, you just go near them and know you can interact