"Sony stole the casual audience from Nintendo"

is that a correct statement?

Apple*

\thread

I never did trust that hipster fuck.

No they just took back the Fifa/Madden/CoD audience back from Microsoft

>PlayStation 4 is the new home of Call of Duty
I'd say yes.

More or less, yes. Casual gamers don't want Nintendo games anymore, they want Call of Duty, FIFA, NFL and a console with proper social features. Nintendo doesn't offer quality experiences of these things.

Also, Apple took the even more casual share of that crowd.

No, because Nintendo had no audience to steal :^)

>OP is a massive faggot

is that a correct statement? (rhetorical)

Call of Duty dudebros are probably the least casual bastards you will ever meet.
Those niggas go hard

No.

The PlayStation line has always been a line of dudebro consoles, and the Genesis was the dudebro console before them. As for casuals, they're the only reason video games still exist. If it weren't for casuals, video games would still be stuck as pet projects for nerds in universities.

Is there a video of this card in action?

>"Cred Forums cares more about companies than video games"
Is that a correct statement?

No, Sony caters to the manchild market, not quite the same thing as Nintendo's base.

>manchild market, not quite the same thing as Nintendo's base
Heh

I wish.

Yes
I'd say Sony is more geared towards everyone.
The provide games for normies, weebs, dudebros, etc.

>manchild market
>Sony

Meanwhile at Nintendo...
>Focusing more on toys that games
>Their games are casual as fuck now
>Censorship
>"DAE REMEMBER THIS MAYMAY? LE BODY IS READY!!"

>The casual audience would rather watch a movie than play a game

Yeah, I think it is.

t. guy with amiibos on his desk

This

>Their games are casual as fuck now
What games aren't these days?

Let's not forget:
>Nintendo censor sexuality, violence and mature themes
>"I-It's a good thing...! We d-don't need things like that in games...!"

You guys assume incorrectly I'm a Nintendo fanboy.

Nintendo cater to children, Sony cater top manchildren. Anything outside that base for the respective consoles comes from third parties.

>No they just took back the [Casual] audience
Right. That's what OP was asking.

Nintendo have gone casual he most though. Their games are pretty much devoid of challenge anymore. For example, 6th gen onwards of Pokemon is casual and easy as fuck.

It made you angry enough to post that so the statement is true.

No. Nintendo's casual audience was stolen by the mobile market.

>Nintendo have gone casual he most though
Holy shit, I can't breath.

>Nintendo have gone casual he most though
I concur.

>Nintendo cater to children
But its supporters are manchildren

Nintendo turned the casual audience into the less-casual audience with the Wii and DS.

Sony took that audience.

Sony only have blood and "dark" memes
They sell but not enough to make good games

>Nintendo cater to children, Sony cater top manchildren.
Eh?

>Sony
>Their first party games are mature, well-written and have challenge to them like Bloodborne, Uncharted, The Last of Us etc
>These games are very well received among adult gamers and even non-gaming press
>Nintendo
>BEEP BEEP, YAAAAAAHOOOOH!
>Censor anything reonetely mature, confronting or adult about their games
>Games like Mother 3 never got a western release

>>Their first party games are mature, well-written and have challenge to them like Bloodborne, Uncharted, The Last of Us etc

I rest my case...

>Their first party games are mature, well-written and have challenge to them like Bloodborne, Uncharted, The Last of Us etc
Is this meant to be satire?

This picture makes me uncomfortable .

Still not from Nintendo, though. Those people just moved on from gaming entirely.

I fail to see how all of your ideas lead to "Nintendo doesn't cater to children and Sony doesn't cater to manchildren".

>Nintendo has kiddy BEEP BEEP YAHOOO games without mature games
hence they cater to children

>Sony has "mature" games with "good" stories like Uncharted and TLoU
hence they cater to manchildren, who are just adults with the same bad taste as children

Name a Nintendo game that is:
>Not censored
>Released in the west
>Features a rich story
>Features rich gameplay
>Doesn't pander to children

I'll give you Xenoblade Chronicles, that's literately all that jumps to mind.

First post best post

>Doesn't pander to children
But why? That's what we're saying that they DO. Nintendo DOES cater to children.

Are you retarded? You're arguing the same point as us, you head case.

Why are you asking me to defend the position that Nintendo produces mature content when I claimed the exact opposite?

>Features a rich story
None of them because they don't waste their time pandering to manchild Neofags like you. They haven't been making great decisions as of late though so don't mistake me for praising anything they've done since 2014.

>sonyggers getting this angey
As per usual

>bloodborne
>first party

>Uncharted
>has challenge

Nintendo's been on a censorship binge lately, but if their games were as kiddy as you say they are, they'd have nothing to censor in the first place. Censorship is evidence of the existence of mature themes.

reminder that nintendo of america supports trannies.

Bayonetta 1 & 2

>all these sonycucks getting 200% assdevastated by some of the weakest bait I've seen in a while

Do all sonyggers just not care anymore? Seriously, what happened? You used to be the star shitposters.

But they're not evident in the western versions while the western versions of those Sony games are fine.

Bayonetta 1 doesn't count and story wise, they don't exceed in that manner.

>rich story
They make GAMES not Interactive Movies.

>Bayo 1

uh...

Sony consoles have always been largely enjoyed by casuals, so yeah I guess.

No, they're a one trick pony. May developers can have a good story and gameplay.

>mature, well-written
>Uncharted
>Last of Us
>Memeborne

hahahhaahha

Be more specific, please.

Sony consoles have always had a wide range of games that hit every fanbase. Some people will say they only make movie games or that they focus on indie games too much or that the only game is bloodborne

No. Sony took all the annoying people who think all video games must be viewed as art but they themselves couldn't be bothered to invest time into learning gameplay and prefer QTE.

I doubt it. Casual audience just never give a fuck about game consoles aside from that one exception when they wanted a overhyped exercise machine. That is why wii sports and wii fit were the best selling games on the wii. And they certainly aren't coming back to buy the Wii U because to them, it's like paying for another treadmill when their old one works fine.

Nintendos casual audience vanished after the wii, we're talking about grandmas and soccer moms who don't know how to operate windows os, they don't own a PS4 I can tell you that much

Nope.
Ask minecraft.
And the Sims
And any CoD clone with an non existant multiplayer.

The "movie audience" comes from neogaf and similars.

>Wii aimed at nu-casul (housewives, elder)
>Amiibos, literally toys (also physical DLCs)
>Pokemon + GO for le reddit crowd
>NX will be a Smartphone
>Next Mario on iPhone
How?

>mature, well-written and have challenge to them
Was destroying my sides part of your plan?

What's the story with her head?

>her

>video
It's a DIY version of digital part of the first Sound Blaster.
What exactly do you expect to see?

>her
It's a boy. And HE is a "trans" kid that apparently "converted" when HE was like 10 years old.

How it sounds.

They took it from ms. The casuals Nintendo got from the Wii either stopped playing games or just play phone games. If your talking about the from the PS then yeah I guess

>physical DLCs
YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

The casual audience has changed. Its now about CoD and Fifa

>kid
but that's a fucking midget user

Was nintendo ever not casual? I only had snes, played some gbc,gba, wii and nds games on emulator a couple of years ago and most of their gems were overrated at best.

a pc booting with it installed and generating tones from it, obviously.