Let me shill a little bit, and maybe we can have an actual discussion about this game this time

Let me shill a little bit, and maybe we can have an actual discussion about this game this time

And lets get 2 things out of the way:
1-Having content cut from your game to get more money with DLC is the most crooked thing a company can do, and this game is one of the prime examples of this
2-The lack of content of the initial release was pathetic

While I hate EA just as much as the next person I can't deny that this game right now is better than the originals. Most people won't buy it because of the motives I've said, and I kinda agree with them, but man, if you like Star Wars I think you should get both on a sale, I'm having more fun with this game than with Battlefront 2 back in the day.

EA are assholes but I can't say the same thing about Dice, the amount of care and feedback they are giving to people is great, they have added a bunch of new stuff for free and still changing and balancing the game.

The only thing I really miss from the older games is the air-to-ground combat and the vehicle pickups, everything else have changed for the better. At first I hated how you didn't have classes, but now with the cosmetic customization and hand customization I can see how that makes the game more diverse.

The game right now for me with the DLC is a solid 8.5/10, what people that have played both have to say about this game? Do you still play it? Did you enjoy the last DLC?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KGHUKUqKt-c
youtube.com/watch?v=llDg-XkSRLw
youtube.com/watch?v=qyyPdFXGUtA
youtube.com/watch?v=JSQ_lD8Cbw4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXI5kxz4DT0
youtube.com/watch?v=0tdsL4kvp_I
youtube.com/watch?v=2WeX41WfOsY
youtube.com/watch?v=zJQViUir2Hw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The highest I'd rate it is maybe a 7.5/10, it simply lacks depth and air/space combat is completely awful, considering that the death star DLC almost entirely focuses on this you'd hope they would refine it, but no, it is still a game of who gets a lock on first.

what shooter in the last 10 years have depth? Except for the last Doom

This game is the definition of casual but Star Wars fans are casuals so I don't really have a problem with a comfy game to play

literally every other shooter has more in depth gun mechanics and systems than battefront.

I agree, which doesn't mean they aren't also extremely casual, every shoter after the "arena shooters era" are for the casual public

I'd rate this a tech demo out of 10
It isn't a Battlefront game, it's a Star Wars TRADEMARK EA Battlefront TRADEMARK. Was the entire budget pissed away in sound design and graphics? Where is Conquest? Where is the Clone wars battle? Where are the classes? Who made these autistic as fuck Star cards and Power up tokens? What fucking idiot thought Greedo, nien nunb and Dengar would be good hero choices? My hand would get sore from all the backhands going into the faces of these fucking swedes.

Mobile/10
It doesn't seem like they tried to make a game at this point. Just a cash grab for people who watched episode 7.

I hope they learn their lesson and put more focus on factions and depth then graphics

>Where is Conquest?
you mean regular missions with some narration before them? They were cool I guesss if you didn't have a way to play online, at least they have Skirmish and Survival if you want offline couch coop

>Where is the Clone wars battle?
Everything in this game is about the OT, aka the only movies that matter

>Where are the classes?
You can make your own classes instead of being locked with the same loadout everytime

>What fucking idiot thought Greedo, nien nunb and Dengar would be good hero choices?
Did you play with them? They not only unique and fun to play, Dengar is probably the oddest choice, but pic related

Also for people say the base game lacks content, it has 7 big maps and 12 small ones, and 10 online modes, BF1 will have 9 at launch (10 total) and 3 modes, just for comparison

>I can't deny that this game right now is better than the originals
How the fuck do you think that

>the graphics and sounds
Besides the co everyone sounds horrible with lines that don't fit Star Wars and graphics are 2 gens later it better be better

It compleltely shits on the lore of Star Wars for example
Guns use ammo that's been canon in all versions eu, legends and the fucking movie canon
Storm troopers are told exactly what guns to use they can not just use what ever they want, and helmets always stay on that finally became movie canon with episode VIi
Tokens on the map break the immersion and fix no issues since now you just camp tokens
Heroes are also random pick ups not rewards for playin good
So tell me how it's good
It's bad as a Star Wars fan service game and a bad game in general

>Only movies that matter

Stop reading right there.

Battlefront was always about giant star wars battles. Empire and the Rebellion only had small skirmishes throughout the movies.

The sound quality is fucking terrible. No music playing at all throughout the game. No bothans, no dark troopers no Geonosian Wave gun. Shit game

I'm sick of the fuckers running around with all the overpowered DLC weaponry. Most of the DLC guns are better versions of the existing ones. It's pay to win in a fucking payed game.

>How the fuck do you think that
in the older games the only difference ebtween planets were the skybox, the maps were small, infantry heros were boring to use, all lightsabers heros played the same, only the top players could be the hero, no balance between classes shotguns were horrible, space battles were unpopulated and clunky to control, AI for the single player were retarded, only one map for hero vs villains, the pc version had retarded controls and interface, etc.

>It compleltely shits on the lore of Star Wars for example
And still people want the prequels in this game, the thing that fucked the lore beyond repair

>Guns use ammo that's been canon in all versions eu, legends and the fucking movie canon
I don't remember they running out of ammo in the OT, but I might be wrong

>and helmets always stay on
The last patch fixed that, you can't remove their helmets anymore

>Storm troopers are told exactly what guns to use
this is pure for gameplay, having only 3 weapons wouldn't be fun and people would bitch way more about lack of depth if this was the case. Also I don't see people talking about how in BF2 you could have Wookies in Hoth battle

>Tokens on the map break the immersion and fix no issues since now you just camp tokens
You rpefer the heros being awarded for the top players only? really? Can't you see how that would be ba din a 40 player match?

The detail of the locations, sound design, modeling all are amazing for people that remember and love the OT, just look at Jabba's palace for example, its almost identical to the movie

Lol, the DLT-19 is my most used weapon by far and th first one to be unlocked by only 500 credits, what are you even talking about? Also the A280c is an amazing rifle and its unlocked in the start for the Empire

This. Hoe fucking dare this shill say the prequel EU doesn't matter. Geonosis and Kashyyyk are battlefront classics. True war in Star Wars with actual fucking vehicles and classes instead of stupid fucking power up tokens, star cards and only 3 fucking heroes.

It just isn't that fun. Shooting people isn't all that satisfying.

Heroes being awarded to top players makes sense.
It's reward for being better, unlike the RNG system they have in nu-Battlefront

Just look at the stats on the DLC guns compared to the others. They're all complete upgrades from the base weaponry. Don't even get me started on the power cards.

This game is shit in a KFC bucket OP. Everyone knows it. Fuck off.

This last DLC triggers my Jedi Knight faboyism

>Bryar pistol (Kyle Katarn's pistol)
>TL-50 Heavy Repeater ( Jedi Outcast weapon)
>Laser Trip mine (Jedi Outcast weapon)

For god's sake DICE add fucking Kyle as Hero already.

This is a game for people that enjoy the OT, not for people that were kids when the rpequels hit the cinemas and growed up loving Jar Jar Binks and Flipping Yoda saber fights

They did the best they could with the source material, only people that care about the prequels are the ones that grew up playing the game and not watching the movies

Not really, one of the most used weapon by far is the DH-17, unlocked at level 35, the DLT-19 have the worst damage if you look at the stats, but thanks to the fire rate and accuracy is great at almost all ranges, you can't go by stats alone

Also the DLC weapons like X-8, Relby-V10 and DT-12 are really crappy sadly because the concept of the X-8 is great. But we do get EE-4 that is amazing in close quarters and the new TL-50, but its just the 2nd day with this weapon in the game so we probably will see a nerf soon

makes sense but doesn't make for better gameplay, tokens makes so anyone can at least try the heros in every mode, most people played this game offline and can't see how retarded would be to have the old system in an online game

The X-8 is literally a straight upgrade from the DL-44

They can't, Disney said it never existed
>tfw you'll never play a new JK

>They can't, Disney said it never existed

That did not stop them from making the "Death Star Assault and Save R2-D2" just as what happent on Dark Forces.

The EU is garbage and Kyle Katarn is an actual mary sue escapist character, people who unironically like him are silly

>hurr durr why does Rogue One retcon the tutorial of Dark Forces, a doom clone released 22 years ago???

>tfw you'll never play a new JK

why in the fuck is it only 20 v 20?
battlefront 2 had 64 players
SEASON DELUXE PASS DLC MAP PACK EXPANSION FOR ONLY $29.99 ITS TIME TO PLAY STAR WARS I BOUGHT A GUN IM GOING TO KILL MY PARENTS

3 weapons for storm troopers the eu has 5 different load outs for scout troopers alone

And space battles in battlefront 2 shit on battlefront ea because you can land on the enemy ship and attack from the inside not as two separate maps for space and indoors, also the vehicle variety shits on it I sure do like being forced to be an x wing unless I grab a pick up

Guns are mentioned to use ammo in the cartoon which is movie canon and is equal to the movies in every way except by retards who think they are not

Did they fix storm troopers customization then or did they just say fuck it no customization at all because in the eu each group had different colors like the 501st

The voice actors all sound like battlefield soldiers or did they get new guys for that as well

An heroes should be a reward for skill make it objective base so it's not based on kills

Vehicles should spawn on the map end of story

Star cards should be removed and replaced with classes with load outs scout trooper etc

Really the game is bad just has pretty graphics for fuck sake they completely ignored why the battle of hoth was like that, TIE fighters could not get past the shields so they used walkers instead. The ion canon was keeping the star destroyers from getting close yet you can see them on the map

If they wanted to show off a map with everything they should have picked endor not hoth

>inb4 who cares it's just Star Wars
The game was shallow as fuck the least they could have done is make it the most accurate game ever like they said it was.

I could mention how they did not even give us episode 5 Vader or episode I've storm troopers but that's to autistic but tons of fans already pointed it out on hard core Star Wars sites

what? they have nothing in common except for the fact they are pistols
also the time to kill for the X-8 is waaay slower than for the DL-44

This is what street fighter players are saying right now. Game is a 8.5 once the patch hits today in 12 hours doesn't mean we forget what it fucking launched as. They both were betas except Star Wars sold 12 milllion copies because of fuccbois

Forgot to add at ats are on rails and are on a timer to use because everyone deserve a turn

And snow speeders only need one person to use the tow cable because we can not have you trusting other people

>And space battles in battlefront 2 shit on battlefront ea because you can land on the enemy ship and attack from the inside
this is the only redeming factor of the space battles in the original and the thing I miss the most from the olders games, but the controls in the new game are way better for space fight. About vehicle variety I don't know why they don't give us B-Wings, Y-Wings, TIE defenders and TIE bombers since their models are already in the game, having only X-wings, A-Wings, Airspeeders, TIE fighter and TIE Interceptor aren't enough for me

>Did they fix storm troopers customization then or did they just say fuck it no customization at all because in the eu each group had different colors like the 501st
They fixed it, stormtroopers can't take the helmet anymore, but they have added Officers and Death Star Troopers for late levels so you can change your fac eif you want to

>The voice actors all sound like battlefield soldiers or did they get new guys for that as well
Dunno, Bossk sounds amazing, so does Dengar and Vader, Luke is kinda bland tho

>An heroes should be a reward for skill make it objective base so it's not based on kills
They would need to come up with a new system, ebcause the old one don't work for online game and the tokens are more fair but kinda off imho, also I agree that vehicles should spawn in the levels, only the speederbike does, but for this won't work for the maps that ar ein the game and how the game modes work simply because spawning in the far side of the map in middle/late phases and not getting a vehicle will fuck you over big time

> they completely ignored why the battle of hoth was like that, TIE fighters could not get past the shields so they used walkers instead. The ion canon was keeping the star destroyers from getting close yet you can see them on the map
Yeah, but in BF2 you had Wookies fighting on the ground, so its just for gameplay's sake

And SF at least has depth, and doesn't have RNG

yeah boy, I remember how fun it was to walk with AT-AT on Hoth in BF2, great times right?

Since the whole game mode is around destroying them of course it should be on rails and time based, do you want a retard entering a Walker and just standing in the far side of the map killing people?

still sucks big time, SFV is my biggest letdown of this year, stoped playing after the Juri update and will only come back if season 2 is great

Except for the lack of classes (thus unstructured balance), .."Diversity" isn't a pro if the gameplay enjoyment is reduced because of it. Everybody can have a sniper, every card recharge; and if it was anything like the beta.. most do. So, there's no ranged metagame tuning.

No ammo -- grenades just respawn in the inventory, multiple with some cards.

The jedi, infantry, and vehicle combat is all more shallow than Bfront II, not that the jedi combat there is perfect.

The game didn't launch with a roll, so there was this stagnant, stand-around-in-bundles gameplay that wasn't special.

Based on what, mobility? Randomization?

Games like Gears aren't casual. They're quick and skillful.

>>Where is Conquest?
>you mean regular missions with some narration before them?
No. He means the main gamemode of the Battlefront series, which this installment doesn't have. Those were based on Battlefield, and the gameplay is a push-pull, ninja cap the rear position base metagame.

I don't get, people say the gameplay in the new game is shallow, but so it was in the original games

This is the problem exactly, they'll take from but wont aknowledge it.
Death star and R2 are both part of the "disney-ok legacy" but you won't see Kyle slapping Jan's ass, at best you'll see some chinese knockoff "Kiel" handshaking Jin.
They could go full retard and make an entire game following jk's event but having none of the original characters for what i know

>Except for the lack of classes (thus unstructured balance)
The class system was unbalanced as fuck in the original, whata re you saying? The rocketlauncher users were horrible, so it was the shotgun, at least you can make your own classes chossing not only gadgets but a passive abilities too

Also almost nobody use the rifle cicle (the sniper you are talking about) anymore, the "meta" keeps changing thanks to montly updates

>The jedi, infantry, and vehicle combat is all more shallow than Bfront II, not that the jedi combat there is perfect.
Did we play the same game? Luke and Vader have way more depth in this game, the lighsaber users all played the same in BF2, here Vader and Luke serves totally different purposes and this time they are actually fun to use and not based on jumping around mashing the fire button

Ships controls and weapons variety are also more deep than in BF2, sadly the lock on mechanic still in the game but they are fixing, in the last patch you can't lock eternaly anymore

>No ammo -- grenades just respawn in the inventory, multiple with some cards.
How is that a problem in this game? In some modes and maps the granades are almost useless, in others they are great, this is variety so no card is 100% useful 100% of the time

Why aren't shills banned?

>the only difference ebtween planets were the skybox
Not true. Hoth has the AT-ATs. Other maps have their vehicles. No map is even designed the same, whereas EAFront's maps were this 2-sided clashfest with no other strategy.

>infantry heroes were boring to use
Nah. The roll, with classes having specific range limitations (engi's shotgun and no pistol), makes fighting infantry tractable (obvious what they have).

The engi class is about the most important in the game except for them all being super helpful. It has health and ammo packs and a station/vehicle repair tool. The shotgun is really efficient because the maps aren't just open fields. They're courtyards with pillars and fountains, etc.

>only the top players could be the hero
This is a server setting.

>space battles were unpopulated and clunky to control
They control like any other, and the gameplay has real depth with multiple speeds, a boost and rolls/dodges on a stamina system, plus the fact that space battles allow taking cover behind and in ships instead of it being this empty, blob of ships.

See above.

EA is still trying to astroturf this? wew lad

SELECT A FLEET TO COMMAND

>hero rewards on the originals don't work for online games
This is a shit opinion. It's already mentioned that top player is a setting, but it worked fine. Any player could be the top because the game's deep, and the vehicles are powerful as fuck.

>Not true. Hoth has the AT-ATs. Other maps have their vehicles. No map is even designed the same, whereas EAFront's maps were this 2-sided clashfest with no other strategy.
Not true, it compelty dependeds on the game mode, Walker Assault, Supremacy and Turning Point all have different dynamics and strategies

>Nah. The roll, with classes having specific range limitations (engi's shotgun and no pistol), makes fighting infantry tractable (obvious what they have).
This game also have roll
And the range limitation made some classes compeltely useless in some situations, now at elast if you want engi gadgets but not the shotgun you can change that, also you have a 2 hand limitation before the match starts so you need to choose wisely what to rbing to the battle

>and the gameplay has real depth with multiple speeds, a boost and rolls/dodges on a stamina system
You also have a speed bar that you need to control in order to compromise accuracy, and rolls/dodge are based on cooldown so you can't roll more than one time

The game on launch was mostly advertised and received to a single gamemode, Walker Assault.

Do you work for the actual company, or is this an advertising business?

so if you wanted to be a hero you had to run for a vehicle and keep killing minions, how is that better than gaving the chance for anyone to be the hero?
I can also say that your opinion is shit, was this helpful for the discussion in any way? Not really, but work on both sides

I don't think the token system is amazing, but is better than the reward one, other option would be randomly choosing the player, can't say how good that would be, but there is a chance of this method being better than the token one

>giving every player an equal chance is better than making players figure out how to min-max strategies / git gud
You can't appeal to a gaming industry where skillfulness is so helpful, suggesting that it's not. I don't particularly have a problem with the pickup system for heroes, but the original games gave every character more of an opportunity to be the top player, despite every intention of EA/DICE.

>Do you work for the actual company, or is this an advertising business?
At least it took some time before this "argument" showed in the topic, I just like this game and while I hate EA just as the next guy I like the actual work Dice is putting into this game.

>The game on launch was mostly advertised and received to a single gamemode, Walker Assau
But this doesn't make the only game mode in the game, not even make the best game mode in the game, like I've said the base game have 10 different modes, and one new mode for each DLC.

The same thing is happening to the elite classes in BF1, they are also pickups and not rewards.
This is above everything a casual game, and with that it mind its a great casual game. It does have some depth when it comes to making a loadout or learning how to do the objective in a optimized way, but not in a MLG way

People want this to be a hardcore game for hardcore players, but the first game were extremely casuals, and most people played it offline, hell a lot of people only played the ps2 version that was the worst and still loved becaeuse the game was so chill

It's a shooter with boring shooting mechanics. You just hold down the trigger and strafe side to side to win.

Star fighter controls were designed for idiots. You can't independently control your pitch, yaw and roll. You just point your curser where you want to go and lock onto enemy ships.

Most of the star cards and power ups are just perks to grant bad players easy kills or let them cheat death.

The made the game too casual so it would be accessible to children who weren't even born when the prequels came out.

yo but double xp weekend tho
lets go

This pretty much
youtube.com/watch?v=KGHUKUqKt-c

I personally Battlefront ’16 over the originals. It feels more authentic, like you're actually in battle in Star Wars. I also don't get why people liked "much landing inside ships during space battles" shit would never work online, you'd die trying to land or get killed as soon as you exited

>It's a shooter with boring shooting mechanics. You just hold down the trigger and strafe side to side to win.
The shooting is more deep than in the originals

>Star fighter controls were designed for idiots.
Theya re streamlined, but a good pilot will aways prevail over a bad one, so skill is rewarded for ship combat, also the lock on now have a cooldown so you can't use it all the time

>Most of the star cards and power ups are just perks to grant bad players easy kills or let them cheat death.
Most of those "cheat dead" have counters, the personl shield have at least 3 cards that counters it, even the bacta bomb have been nerfed in the last patch

>This is above everything a casual game
There is no "casual" game design philosophy. Giving every player everything with no loadout tradeoffs or reason to learn the game is shallow and untuned. Games stay popular because of depth, and even their potential for "esports".

>with that it mind its a great casual game
Which is based in no actual reasoning.

>not in a MLG way
Where is this coming from, as there isn't really a specific "MLG" design philosophy except just making a fun game. The game can't be made "super simple" and also fun. It's a shooter. It's either like so many others, or it's innovative; and all it had to do was play like the originals.

>The shooting is more deep than in the originals
Except it's not. Webm relevant ().

>Spawn wherever the game decides to put you
>Run
>Run
>Run some more
>Still running
>almost there
>made it
>hero blows the shit out of you
>respawn
>A-Wing strafes you
>respawn
>right in front of the hero who killed you before

let the good times roll

I for one like that vehicles are pick ups.

Old Battlefront vehicles would be covered with land mines which would either prevent you from boarding
Or cause any enemy within proximity to be killed.

This is my problem with 2-sided maps. At least in Battlefield / BFront II, the capture points allow spawning on friendly bases.

>There is no "casual" game design philosophy.
Non punishing system, low skill ceiling, and lack of technical skill dependence with a large dependence on game knowledge. Other aspects are over gratification of performance, as well as lack of specialization or options.

>tfw it's impossible to have threads about this without extreme asspain
>tfw enjoy the game so much I even got the season pass

>There is no "casual" game design philosophy. Giving every player everything with no loadout tradeoffs or reason to learn the game is shallow and untuned. Games stay popular because of depth, and even their potential for "esports".
of coruse there is, the original BF were made for the casual public, arcade style, pickup and play, it isn't like unreal tournament were you need to have some skill before you can start having fun online
Also you don't get eveyrhting form the start, you need to unlock and choose what you want to unlock, and after you have everything you need to choose what bring to the battle since you have only 2 hands
Do you really think BF1 and BF2 could be "esports" or are loved because they have deep gameplay?

>Except it's not.
It is, strafe and rolling are also in this game, and weapons are way more diversified

>wanting prequel shit in your Star Wars
neck yourselves, my men

>not wanting geonosis all out clone wars
>Not wanting space vietnam felucia
>Not wanting the siege of mandalore
No, YOU neck yourself you fucking sperg. Autists like you are the reason EA has their claws on the Star Wars IP for another decade.

Yeah, but UT and arena games aren't even popular, not to mention standard fantasy. Arena gameplay is entertaining, but it's not really strategic because the maps are small.

Battlefront doesn't have "unlocks". It's a complete experience from launch.

>Do you really think BF1 and BF2 could be "esports" or are loved because they have deep gameplay?
Why not?

>It is, strafe and rolling are also in this game, and weapons are way more diversified
Rolling was added later, and the characters and vehicles aren't based on a stamina system.

Diversity isn't depth.

can you tell me what season passes do?

You get all the DLC. Whoa.

Not him but Season passes are either rip out chunks of the hame and sell it as DLC or put it out for your ubfinished content. EAfront has both of this with their magical 'expabsion pack 4' coming early 2017. So they didn't even finish the fucking game before pumping out so much shekel hungry jewish schemes.

>you get all DLC's that were suppose to be in the main game, woah*
Fixed it for you.

They try to fool you into thinking you're getting a deal by getting 4 DLC packs for the price of 3.
Activision started marketing it this way; EA perfected it.

You get 2 for the price of 4 if you pick it up during a sale. Was worth it for me.

>ut it's not really strategic because the maps are small.
Arena shooters like Quake 3 and UT99 are by far the most strategic skill based shooters out there, they are the clsoest shooters came to fighting games in the sense that a skilled player will never lose in a fight against a new player

>Why not?
esports in a game that was 32 vs 32, you would need a enourmous amount of "skilled" people to make that work unless you changed the whole game mode to cater to 10 players situation, and that wound't make it a battlefront or battlefield game anymore

>Rolling was added later
and? this only shows that the devs do care about fixing the gameplay, I'm talking about the game in its current state, not at launch, will you judge SFV in 4 years based on its launch?

>and the characters and vehicles aren't based on a stamina system.
And its that bad or just different? If you see a socreboard of a fighter squadron or battlestation there will be clear top player with amazing scores like 20-0, 32-5, etc and a lot of people breaking even or in the negatives, sicne every tool is avaiable to everyonewhy do you think that happens? yeah, there is skill to be perfected even in a casual game like this

Rip-put chunks imply all the DLc content was done before hand but they withheld it purposely. DLC is content created post release

>This is above everything a casual game, and with that it mind its a great casual game. It does have some depth when it comes to making a loadout or learning how to do the objective in a optimized way, but not in a MLG way
These games are going up against an industry of CoD and Battlefield, not to mention the originals. So, appeal to none of that?

This, I've bought the base game for $30 and the dlc also for $30
So it was the price of a full game and the amount of content the game has right now for this money is truly great

But I feel sorry for people that paid full price for it he

How about an idea make a mode where walkers are just another vehicle oh wait that requires vehicles to be on maps and not tokens

Battlefront can be played 10v10 with bots, but there are other modes than Conquest to make.

>>Rolling was added later
>and?
So, the game's still not fast paced.

>skill
Memorizing pickups / camping choke points on 2-sided maps isn't skillful.

Play walker assault who ever does the most damage to a walker in a set time gets the hero reward

Play supremacy ho ever is doing the most capturing defending

Why the fuck do retards think the only way to do it is like kill streaks

I notice Dice is doing this in Battlefield 1 too. Instead of autistic tokens you spawn into them at the base. Is this going to be the new norm? Programming vehicle spawns is too much work so just let it materialize? God the slothful work of these swedes make me fucking sick.

Probably because of fags that parachute into bases and steal vehicles.

youtube.com/watch?v=llDg-XkSRLw

These game are being casual in their own way, so the new battlefront isn't just a reskinned Battlefield anymore, for some people that is bad, for some its worst, at least its their own thing.

did you seriously enjoy driving an AT-AT? welp

>So, the game's still not fast paced.
I disagree
youtube.com/watch?v=qyyPdFXGUtA

>Memorizing pickups / camping choke points on 2-sided maps isn't skillful.
memorizing pickups isn't supposed to be skillful, thats my whole point in those last posts man, the rward system is based on skill, this one isn't, that is the whole point of the tokens, letting anyone use a hero

I don't get why people say this game doesn't require skill, did you even play BF1 and BF2?

I think that's called a strategy asshole. And vehicles are suppose to be first come first serve so why the FUCK would I spend half the god damn game time waiting at the menu to see if there's a fucking tank ready? No that's retarded.

Episode 1-3 are canon now

>free trial for the Bespin DLC
>new costumes for heroes
>Hutt contracts
>Stormtroopers now all have helmets
>TIE Interceptor now on the same level as A-Wing
>b-but Totalbitchtits told me EA was evil

>memorizing pick-ups
Only the vehicles tokens spawn at the same location, ironically enough. Heroes randomly replace one of the random ones throughout the map, so you can't camp it out

I'll never buy DICE/EA games on principle unless they're less than 15 dollars for the game and all dlc.

>makes great points about the reboot
>people get mad at the comments

o wow, those nostalgia riding faggots are truly the worst

It's cheap and annoying. Also, fags waiting for vehicles and teamkilling each other in the base.

TIE Interceptors are a bit too powerful now

No it's the whole hey it's not fair that you can run to enemy base and steal or destroy their vehcles so now if no ones in them you can't see them

Aka removing depth and fun because babies complained

I want someone to defend it how could you not want to run into echo base hop into a snow speeder WITH YOUR BUDDY take down an at-at jump out when an at-st shoots it down and crash near another at-st and try to take out as many storm troopers as you can

Instead of now wher you run around hoping for a snow speeder

God bless them, they've had it bad for almost a year.

>>So, the game's still not fast paced.
>I disagree

>character's meandering around shooting a pistol

>>These games are going up against an industry of CoD and Battlefield, not to mention the originals. So, appeal to none of that?
>These game are being casual in their own way, so the new battlefront isn't just a reskinned Battlefield anymore, for some people that is bad, for some its worst, at least its their own thing.
They should be more fun than what's on the market. The originals are that, even. This game isn't for reasons already listed, explicitly character, class, and vehicle depth, map design, and stuff like cards and pickups.

IIRC, his points about the originals aren't accurate.

can you list them?

>character's meandering around shooting a pistol
jus tlike in the originals but with the rifle, I'm talking about the pacing, the sprint is fast, also ther eis a passive trait that makes it even faster
youtube.com/watch?v=JSQ_lD8Cbw4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXI5kxz4DT0

Absolutely nothing compared to launch Awings

It's a good thing they got rid of the one-shot melee

What is up with the space combat? Half the time I see my lasers hitting their ship, see the lasers causing sparks to fly everywhere but im doing 0 damage. I remember people saying the A wing was bugged but since the DLC update im seeing it constantly happen unless their ship is flying in a straight line I do 0 damage. I havent seen anyone in game talk about it. Are the hitboxes completely fucked or what?

no doubt, at least there were fast at patching that thing out of the game
the new apssive cards are way better, at least snipers are useful this time and people aren't using scout 100% of the time

are you on the empire side? because x-wings have shields so this maybe it

>352606851
There isn't really gameplay like and .

>can you list them?
It's a 30m video. I don't feel like rewatching it, but it's a fun game, Battlefront II, and just saying it's a Battlefield remake when the characters play nothing alike is at least underwhelming. See the above webms.

The one issue I still have with the game is the that infantry don't have an ideal way to deal with fighters. The only way to destroy fighters is with another one but if the enemy team has their three out it's basically impossible to take one out

No i know about shields and all that, im just talking normal dogfights with all the ships. I see the lasers make contact and im doing 0 damage. Check my ping, good ping. Look at list of players, generally everyone has good ping. I see it happen constantly. Once I was just laughing cause i was chasing this guy for a good 2 minutes doing circles shooting him 50+ times and seeing sparks flying constantly as my lasers were hitting his hull. When their shield is up it shows that it is up, so it wasnt that. And ive played like 10-15 matches of space battles since release. See it happen all the time on both sides.

since DLC release*

You can improve space battles from 2 by just addin more shit to do inside

Also vaders voice sucks and so does all the soldiers Star Wars units sound nothing like that

Making heroes objective based reward and not kill base fixes that problem

Basically battlefront Ea 2 needs
Classes to accurately represent the war
Vehicles to spawn on map to not break immersion and to bring back the fun
At-ats not on rails
Seperate guns for each faction no way for a storm trooper to weild a rebel gun
Actual storm trooper customization all it takes is looking up some armor coloring a for certain groups
Better space battles
Remove tokens and star cards
Redo all dialogue

I hate how people's defense for walkers being on rails is "you liked playing with them? They sucked" they sucked to you but they can be fun as fuck

I really do not know how people defend this game it does more wrong then battlefront 2 did
Tokens and no classes ruined this game for me

You literally just want Battlefront 2 again. Stop.
>Classes
might see a return in 2 if it focuses on the prequels but it doesn't make sense for the Rebels, using the limited resources they have to oppose the Empire, to have dedicate training
>AT-AT not on rails
That's done for a good reason
>Seperate guns
They aren't developing their own tech y'know. They use what's sold and what they feel is optimal
>Stormtrooper customizations
Stirmtroopers are supposed to look the same, nerd
>Dialouge
But it's actually pretty good. Really gives you the authentic experience

Walkers had to be on rails because the entire point of Walker Assualt was the Stormtroopers trying to escort it to the Rebel transport, if it wasn't in rails it could go complete off course. Classes doesn't make sense for the OT. Rebels didn't have tnat kind of training

Wasn't the next Battlefront confirmed to be in The force awakens story?

Now im not necesserily defending the idea of walkers on rails, but do you know the absolutely buttblasting rage you would see in chat if they werent on rails?

The absolutely insane freakouts of capital letters screaming impotent rage at some little kid not playing the objective properly and causing the team to lose because he wanted to try the ATAT?

>Classes doesn't make sense for the OT. Rebels didn't have tnat kind of training
What the fuck are you smoking? They controlled multiple planets and had a sizable fleet. A little specialist training is well within reach.

>New rifle is overpowered
>New pistol is absolute garbage
>Changes to some traits make damage universally inconsistent, now you never know if you can expect to win a fight with another player or not
>New game mode requires two rounds of vehicle combat which is and always has been completely half baked, it's like pulling teeth
>New maps are clusterfucks of large squares with abundant spots for camping, god awful spawns and large teams meaning you are constantly rounding a corner and running into four enemies at once

I absolutely, absolutely don't understand how Dice can be so incompetent. This game is and always had been one never ending sequence of fuck ups.

The on rails ATAT are prob the least problematic thing that people complained about. In the context of the game mode it makes complete sense and there were plenty of times in the old battlefront of ATAT being parked in a corner by some asshat that completely ruined the match where i don really care that much. Maybe a pure combat map where ATATs are free roam makes sense but on rail for walker assault game mode makes sense.

Space combat is both super fun but also but most annoying because it lacks anything approaching depth. More ships, remove the hero ships and objectives would really turn it around because right now its hold left trigger and hold right trigger.

Let me just start by saying your a retard
>classes do not make sense for the rebels
Not having classes make less sense for the storm troopers since they have classes in canon you do t get to use a sniper rifle as a storm trooper
So what's the solution just make te rebels have classes to

As for guns, rebels stole guns from the empire when that happens the empire only uses those guns to accuse rebels of being evil other then that they mostly stop using those guns so yes them having seperate guns makes sense besides letting storm troopers use a fucking Tuskan raider gun is retarded yet it's in the game

Walker assault can stay on rails I get that but there should have been a game mode where at-ats can be controlled also should need 3 people in it not just one guy doing it all and 2 in a snow speeder

None of the soldiers sound anything like a Star Wars character and none of the sound alike a for te heroes do a convincing job. Rebels does a better job sounding like the ot these guys just sound like after finish battlefield 4 they asked their generic va's to do some quick Star Wars lines. Also did they ever add the helmet distortion to storm troopers or are they still the ONLY thing to not give that sound effect

And last in the eu which the 501st have blue markings to seperate them from the rest as do other units

So basically fuck you retard

>Really gives you the authentic experience

All they do is spout lines from the movies. Half the time the context is a real stretch and the voice acting is usually fairly awful. It's like a fat guy is standing in the room, elbowing you and saying "Hey, remember the time Lando said 'we had a deal'? Well he just said it here! How authentic!".

Chewbacca says the same things from he movies yet you're not complaining about that

What classes would you have wanted? Due to how the game and the guns are set up everyone would just be jet packing grenadiers. There arent enough vehicles for someone to justify being anti tank and both snipers and machine guns just dont work as well.

Add more vehicles make one anti infantry which their are a few so it's easy that forces players to use anti vehicle class
It's really easy to make classes work if they focused on making an accurate game

Should I buy this game with season pass using the 50% off?

how many monies total?

32 britbong pounds.

>For a good reason
Babying players isn't a healthy relationship with them.

Why do people want classes anyways? Isnt that just limiting freedom and your choices? Its ironic to see people wanting ATATs not on rails cause freedom but wanting classes cause... less freedom?

If we're trying to salvage what is currently there and not redo from the ground up...

Limit certain weapons, pickups and tokens to specific classes.

Example:

Rapid fire heavy blasters, rockets, charged blasts are limited to a "Gunner" class.

Long range blasters, jet packs are limited to a "Scout" class

Light blasters Bacta, Shields, Turrets, Artillery Strike limited to a "Support Class"

There will of course be a pool of blasters all classes can use but keep specific weapons for specific roles and have them paired up with the abilities that make the best use of them so theres an actual reason to pick a class.

Funny that you mention classes
In offline mode, the AI actually has classes

Say you play single player survival
The empire will have different troopers with different abilities
-the scout can actually shoot the pulse cannon as if it was a regular gun, and also has the scout trait
-shock troopers have more health than regular troopers
-shadow troopers can actually turn "invisible"
None of these aspects exist online

What a shame. I really hate this star card bullshit.

>muh old games

People want accuracy to the source material classes for troopers are canon letting you run around with any weapon you like is not
In canon at-ats are not on rails

Yes and no, freedom doesnt automatically mean a good thing in these cases. Since everyone can optimize their character to be the best solo trooper no one specializes and teamplay is incidental. No one is ever going to spec as an anti vehicle unless they really had to.

By having different roles that counter one another you're forced to work together as a team which I feel is arguably more fun for a massive multiplayer game like BF. Rather than going solo.

The prequels suck but their setting doesn't. I love all the vehicles and locations from them.

>People want accuracy to the source material
Perhaps, but not to the point of autism.

To an extent

Something like stormtroopers being all similarly masked

Weapons I think most people could look the other way in favour of fun

You shouldn't throw stones in glass houses.

...all the lines come from the movies though...Harrison Ford actually voiced Han Solo...they got Billy Dee Williams to voice Lando.

Are you actually retarded? Are you just spouting """"""information"""""" you got from Reddit? Like I'm actually dumbfounded are you shitposting or what?

Not an argument.

What did I just tell you about glass houses?

I doubt they'd ever let us run around with pink stormtroopers or anything like that, and that's okay. What I'd like is to be able to mix and match armor parts from all the various trooper types (and there are a lot, even just in the new realm of canon), maybe with things like unit emblems and color stripes. I know it's not technically canon, but neither is Slave I at the fucking Death Star. Same goes for rebels, let me make my guy from pieces, not just eight different ugly faces.

>>/reddit/

I'm not the one spouting memes

I do not think its autistic to want to control an at-at or need two people to ride a snow speeder or no tokens or star cards, or not having a scout trooper with a machine gun

Asking to remove heroes from hoth is what I consider autistic

You don't have to quote stuff verbatim to feel authentic, you know. All you have to do is write stuff that's in-character, something that requires more effort than anyone involved with this game was willing to put in.

>not muh battlefront 2

youtube.com/watch?v=0tdsL4kvp_I

I actually agree. Customization should be more focused on what the uniform of the soldier is, what armor is worn, how damaged, additional visible gear.

Particullarly the Rebels who should be able to have a lot of mix and matching abilities. (just not coloring it)

Anyone got a spare key lying around?

Daily Reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=2WeX41WfOsY

youtube.com/watch?v=zJQViUir2Hw

You're a lying son of a bitch Sam

Yeah, if only Free Radical wasn't embezzling funds from LucasArts to make Haze instead, we could have had this game!

Looks like we dodged a bullet there.

Shit taste confirmed.

I bet you've never played the original BF games.

Am I crazy, or did they promise free ep 7 DLC before the game came out? Did they straight up lie?

The battle of Jakku ?

The map got released in December.

It was a downgrade from Battlefront 2 on every single front except graphics. It was made for people too young to have experienced the better games in the series.

But maybe it's better than BF1. Holy shit what an awful beta that was.

Is it worth it to buy any DLC for this?

How the fuck do you play fighters in a ground battle? My experience is that I can't see anything on the ground and then get shot down in seconds by a turret.

Battlefront 2 is shit, Battlefront 1 was better.

It's fucking shit, all the weapons feel the same and without classes to mix things up it gets old very fast. Star cards are not a suitable replacement for classes either, WHY DO I NEED A CARD TO EQUIP A SIDEARM WTF.

I wouldn't call the second game shit, but the first is certainly better.

yes man, the X-8 feels just like the CA-87
people doesn't even play the game and want to talk shit, this fucking place

Attack from around a 90º angle everytime in a place you know its populated, and destroy turrets before diving

Once you got past the appeal of the shiny new Episode 3 stuff, you realize just how boring and uninspired the gameplay was. BF1 had a great formula and then they made it utterly dull in BF2.

at least EABF was different in feeling. The original BF3 looked like it had more or less the same gunplay as BF2, which I was not a fan of at all.

>DLC jew scheme

I'll buy the complete edition on sale for $30 until then, suck my dick EA

Most people that talk about the series have the nostalgia goggles on, the gameplay didn't age well at all.

Still, I do like the new game better than the old ones but some features are missing for this to be a truly great game. I mean, in Battlefield 4 we could ride a bike with a friend and plant C4 on tanks, and things like that, those little magic moments are missing from this game, still a great game to chill out tho

desu many of the features from the original battlefront games were complete ass

like all the melee heroes and rocket trooper spam

every EA game should be bought 6 months-1 year after the relase for half the price, because EA is fucking shit, but their developers do come up with some good stuff from time to time

Can I get an answer mother fuckers? Got the game for 20 bucks, should I get all DLC or just certain ones

Fucking force pull was the most broken thing in that game

As a retro that actually bought the game at launch, it's the same mess it always was. Nothing has changed. Bounties are a joke and the new weapons are ass.

The gameplay itself was always awful and the addition of rolling hasn't fixed it. Vehicle tokens and """""hands""""" contribute to making this game flawed to its very core. Even the hastily added single player mode only highlight how poorly thought out all of the games weapons are.

I'm glad I didn't touch the season pass and fuck you for trying to deceive people in tonspending money on this

wait for a season pass sale and buy it because you will probably want all the heroes and weapons anyway

if you just want to buy one DLC Bespin is the better one so far because of all the variety in its map/mode rotation, and the Carbonite Chamber is a fucking great level

How do you kill it seriously?
Its basically God when it gets the killstreak shotgun

>Nothing has changed.
except it was. Passive cards just got remodeled, now snipers are more useful, berzerker and scout got nerfed, the new rifle in Death Star is a fucking monster, the X-8 and the new pistol add some variety to the gameplay, we have more support cards, more ways to deal with personal shield, no more wall hacking, buddy system is way better than it was before being actually useful now, howc an you say its the same thing?

Still can't do shit when an X-Wing uses the shields.

>i cant deny this game right now is better than the originals

Fucking dropped

Most AAA releases are for the casual public. The last AAA shooter that had any real depth to it was siege the rest are niche as hell. I honestly believe that the average player is starting to look for note complexity in the gameplay. The next few year should confirm this.

Because it literally is. It's the same hollow and boring cashgrab it was at launch

>but you can buy a new gun whoooooa just give them more money

You can stomp your feet and whine that it's a better game than it was at launch, but I can boot this turd up right now and say you're absolutely wrong and a liar. But if you REALLY want me to spend money on your game so badly you can beg here and now and I'll entertain the thought

whatever you say bro, they added new weapons for the base game also, new sniper, new pistol, new cards like stinger, traits like escape artist, added roll, changed flight combat, more game modes and maps than what we had at launch, rebalanced base heros, reworked the passive system, I guess it is exactly like the first version right?

Yeah, nah

Thanks user

And yet none of it actually improved the piss poor gameplay

How sad.

>This game is the definition of casual but Star Wars fans are casuals so I don't really have a problem with a comfy game to play

Using BF1 for comparison's sake isn't helping your argument.

BF1 is mocked constantly for the same reasons as the shit you're trying to shill.

>and the Carbonite Chamber is a fucking great level

It's literally impossible to win that as a rebel when 16 imps are inside of the room blocking the scape route. My gosh all that toxic gas,

both BF1 and BF2 were casual as fuck bro

>change things for the better
>b-but this isn't a improvement!

Oh yeah

I mean finally getting a single-player mode and adding something as retardedly basic as a combat roll was great

Game is still shit though, all the way through. Honestly I was bored on launch week, , but just wanted to unlock the twilek skin

>shill a little
Five paragraphs of complete horseshit.

I almost respect you OP. Takes a certain type of scum to wake up in the morning and promote a product you either know nothing about other than the script you're given to speak from. Or you're aware how truly terrible and disgusting it is, yet pawn it off like it's something incredible.

You know I bet your ancestors was one of those jackoff salesman riding around in a rickety wagon selling Magnificent-Moe's-Magical-Medicine. Cure all to any ailment he said. Turns out it was just a mix of berries, nuts, jizz, and fermented cow shit. Buy them while they last, limited stock he said.

It's not til the town whore has a jar, detecting the subtle hints of aged semen, that the people realize they've been had. But where is the man? On to the next town with a cart of coin while pleasuring himself to the thought of conning people. Gotta keep that stock up.

No, fuck you OP.

First and last game I ever get going in blind. Next gen graphics of old ps2 games. HOW do you fuck that up? Easily would of been GOAT for 5 years at least.
But no. Got the game on release and played for that single day. So painful and insulting and I'm not even a die hard star wars fan.

Again, fuck you OP and everything you stand for you sub-human piece of garbage.

ok bro

SWBEA has absolutely no content, no flow, no direction. It looks like and sounds like Star Wars, but rest assured, it fucking isn't.

You want Star Wars? Go play Battlefront 2 with mods. fuck EA's shit.

Why does this faggot sound like he's never played the game and is just reading updates off wiki

>people getting triggered because of muh battlefront 2

lol @ this faggots

>"Moe Jr. make sure you use hip, cool words to appeal to the younger crowd."
>How about, "bro"?

I hope you read ever word of my previous post and realize they weren't just some random shitpost, but the truth.

You really are a terrible person.

thanks for the fresh pasta bro

All typed out freshly on a phone, bro.

That is the extent of anger I have for this so called game.

I send my fleet to Coruscant, buy the Bacta Tanks bonus, and end my turn. Your move.

don't worry mate, I will be sure to use on every person I disagree with but don't have an argument against

getting two packs for the price of four is not a sale.

I'd get a chuckle if some drawfag made a picture of the scenario.

Hero ships aren't even that good. They're huge targets. Only the Slave 1 is actually good because it has jamming, but it's still a huge target

Hey OP, did you know they started making the sequel before they finished the dlc?

Dont worry, I fell for it too. And I wont fall for it again unless its confirmed to have a campaign mode.

>Battlefront
>Campaign mode

Enjoy fighting bots on multiplayer maps.

Fucking tight

>Space combat is both super fun but also but most annoying because it lacks anything approaching depth. More ships, remove the hero ships and objectives would really turn it around because right now its hold left trigger and hold right trigger.

The Death Star DLC added 2 starship modes with objectives (attacking/defendig a star destroyer and the DS trench run). Also they added a CD to the lock-on. If you lock a target for more than 10 seconds it gets "overheated" and have to wait some seconds to be able to lock any target again.

Totally worth it for that price.

Thats all I wanted and they still failed to deliver. Survival mode is trash.

Im want a legit story mode this time, they have the engine and the assets, throw some budget towards some missions for fucks sake.

>Story mode
>On a Battlefront game

You have/will have plenty of story focused Star Wars games, the Battlefront games always focused on the multiplayer.

What you are saying sounds like "I want Team Fortress 2 with Story mode" or "I want Overwatch with Story mode".

Name the last star wars game we got that focused on story

SWTOR

I'm enjoying it, but man it feels so slow now compared to Overwatch which I spent last few months playing

Friendly reminder that if you use Disruption you're a cunt.

What's your favorite blaster set up?

I tend to use EE-4 (with focus blast to make up for its shit range)

a second choice would be the
DLT-19X

>want a good Star Wars game play battlefront 2
Fuck you that game is fun but it still has issues like hoth being so bland though at least no tie fighters are on it
>with mods
Never mind bf2 with mods is like playing a Star Wars movie something this game tries and fails to do just by gettin so Much shit wrong you are right, it looks and sounds like Star Wars but that's it

>a game all about te rebellion and the storm troopers fighting
>should not get a campaign
You are retarded aren't you this is the perfect game to make about the war since so many games end up making you a Mary Sue Jedi

You know what other Ea game cost 60 bucks with no campaign and was shit on for it? Titan fall you know what the sequel has? A campaign and unlike battlefront it does not have an ip to save it

i'm only buying it if it gets galactic conquest

What's the trick to being effective with the DLT? Do the changes to sharpshooter actually let it kill with one body shot now?

At Rank 2 I believe it does

with rank 3 sharpshooter is 1 hit kill even at long ranges, it already kill with a bodyshot in close quarters tho

This and the clone wars era. The prequel movies being shit is NOT AN EXCUSE for missing damn near half of the content in comparison to the previous games.