Just replaying Dark Souls 1 What's make it feel better than 2 and 3?

Just replaying Dark Souls 1 What's make it feel better than 2 and 3?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mvvFnR0kJFw
pastebin.com/rM24RUHw
youtube.com/watch?v=d_b68B4t68c
youtu.be/TIDShT8cb4g
youtu.be/zSGPoLCY0xU
youtu.be/pF_914EwV3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=xo65v1kTRZA
youtube.com/watch?v=pQ6RecDK_pA
youtube.com/watch?v=6oj24kaUjFc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

World design? Meanwhile 3 had better encounter design, enemy design and consistency

You played it first.

It's the only one that actually has soul

Atmosphere and world design

It feels more natural. It's the first iteration of the cycle.

edgy but true, it's full of passion

It's a game they wanted to make.

2 and 3 were commissions by Bandai Namco they were contractually obligated to do.

I'm try using Zweihander but it's so goddamn slow. Any tips?

Or should I use Claymore insted? But I can't fight the dragon.

just use whatever you like best in terms of move set and so on

you can finish the game with pretty much any weapon no problem as long as you upgrade it

It controls well, the animations have the right amount of windup and recovery and they convey a sense of weight, and things aren't so fast that it's spammy bullshit, but not so so agonizingly slow that it feels like shit.

*teleports behind you*

nothing personal kid

I'm doing an SL1 run and I'm stuck and Seath and Artorias.
Any tips?

Game was a cakewalk once I obtained the black Knight sword.

I really loved the atmosphere.
As weird as it may sound, it's much more lighthearted than 2 and 3.

Honestly, I wish cycles weren't canon. Listening to this gives some sense of hope.
youtube.com/watch?v=mvvFnR0kJFw

2 and especially 3 are too dark. DaS3 endings and credits leave only one feeling -- shit's fucked beyond repair and there's no end to this.

Jesus christ, fuck off kid

Nobody wants your shitty webms

My only problem with these webms is that the release date is too fucking far.

Fucking Hydra, I can't get close to it!

i feel the pain

If you're using slow weapons get poise, Some enemies are just gonna be quicker than you, But with high poise and defense it doesnt matter

Bumpu.

Fug, I can't remember how to go to lower Undead Burg.

You fucking go get the key and go down the stairs on the dragon bridge you dip

Max your Pyrohand.
Seath: Equip Dusk crown, Belowing Dragoncrest ring, attune 1 x firesurge
Get close to immortality crystal and wait for Seath to follow. When he stops and starts attacking, break crystal and RUN straight towards him. Start roasting. You win.
It's cheasy but it works.

Here's some old sl1 guid from /dsg/: pastebin.com/rM24RUHw
It's outdated and ignores two handing but there are 'loadouts' for bosses.

>spend humanity getting solarie for the Ornstein fight and be doesn't show up

Run sideways retard
Use the Crest shield

get the crest of artorias and take the second path to the hydra
much easier

>>spend humanity getting solarie for the Ornstein fight
What? You just have to talk to him. Humanity is needed (not really there are alternate ways) so he doesn't die in Izalith and fights Gwyn with you.

That looks like shit even for PS3 game.
Sauce?

Fuck i want a PS4, someone buy me 1

youtube.com/watch?v=d_b68B4t68c

webm starts at 2:45

>Meanwhile 3 had better encounter design, enemy design
Fuck off, 3 had awful encounter and enemy design. Those are the biggest flaws of the entire game. Aside from a couple of areas its entire idea of "quality encounters" is to throw a lot of trash enemies at you. Dark Souls 1 wasn't perfect but it tried to have unique, memorable encounters with enemies instead of copypasting the same exact scenario except adding 2-3 more weak enemies to it. How many times did Undead Settlement repeat the scenario where you fight weak enemies while the fat bitches throw projectiles at you for example? Enemy design is crap too, all the enemies have fast combos and no poise so the best strategy is to run up and stunlock them. Dark Souls 1 had a balance of weak and strong enemies and the attack speeds/cooldowns were balanced so that there's a deliberate dodge->counter flow to the battles intead of the R1 mashing shitfest that 3 was.

fucking sif bhahahaahahah

And I thought Dark Souls 2 was bad with the fanservice

>player tries to throw a javelin into the wolf just as he leaps at him

Oh boy the hit detection on those attacks is not going to be pretty I can feel it

Seath boils down to basically running back and forth on reaction. Didn't do Arty on my SL1 run, sorry.

DS3 has the best pve hitboxes in series and i see no reason why it would change.

For fucks sake. I actually heard someone state that the dlc would have Dark Souls fan service as a plus for why you should buy it.

It amazes me that they can rehash the same content over and over and people will still like it because of a story Vaati found on Cred Forums

>throw a lot of trash enemies at you
They make you fight multiples, which is better than 1's 1v1 encounters, since they can easily be won with a circlestrafe and a backstab every time. It's not just room after room of "trash enemies" either, it's full of ambushes and I can think of loads of fights where you had to deal with ranged and melee attackers at once, fighting knights that had another enemy buffing them, having to go through an area while getting shot at from range etc

>Enemy design is crap too
They're better because they actually have attacks that can reach around behind them, so circle-strafing isn't as overpowered

> best strategy is to run up and stunlock them
Which you can't always do because you have to fight multiples. You'd have to position yourself so you were catching everyone in one swing, quickly dart in and out for attacks so the others don't get you. What was so good about 1's enemy design?

>Dark Souls 1 had a balance of weak and strong enemies
Like when? You were mostly fighting one on one or in very small groups.

Because all that lore and mystery in DS1 was new and exciting to learn about the first time and create all kinds of theories with

DS2 and 3 just constantly reference the stuff in 1 and anything new they try to add just feels lackluster in comparison

oh no, there's people who like fanservice, how could they

I'm confused. So gank squads are a sign that 2 was shit and just taking a lazy approach to difficulty, but gank squads are a sign of good design in 3. Is that right?

This post is 100% truth

Shiteaters have to realize how many times Thralls were thrown at them in groups. Infact Thralls appear all the way to end game with same shitty jump-down from above/below in groups encounter.

Then there are the bullshit encounters where a Sully Beast appears out of fucking nowhere and takes off 50+% HP per hit. The experienced player can kill them, but a first time player would be instantly killed, because the faggots at From decided spawn the fucker behind you with a insta-kill charge attack.

So that looks like a paired sword and shield weapon. Pretty interesting.

>So gank squads are a sign that 2 was shit and just taking a lazy approach to difficulty
Where did I write that? I don't think the multiples in 2 were bad, but 3 did feel more balanced around them since rolling costs less stamina and has more iframes

i think it was done better in 3. It felt tedious in the 2nd game

Because 2 had i-frames tied to a stat and 3 has teleporting dogs

The problem of ds2 is not in ganks themselves, but hilariously low mobility and unlocked capabilities of player compared to other souls games coupled with lazy enemies and encounter design. Even trash mobs had a shitton of poise which made group fights outright tedious. In DS3 it's very fast and fun to deal with multiple opponents at once, same with bb.

It's a roman gladius which makes me hyped about post-DLC gladiator events as we get sabre, gladius, cool-looking axe and javelin even judging by this video alone.

>They make you fight multiples, which is better than 1's 1v1 encounters
Not really, 1v1 encounters are bad but they are over quickly. The trash enemies just keep coming.
>They're better because they actually have attacks that can reach around behind them, so circle-strafing isn't as overpowered
Yeah the what, 3 enemies that aren't easily killed by stunlocking? Some of them like the saw guys you can't even backstab which renders the attacks pointless. Also they still don't have a counter for circle strafing with your shield up which was the real problem.
>ambushes
Another great example of copypasting encounters. Look at the Cathedral and its spam of those little goblin guys everywhere. The game already throws a ton of them at you in Undead Settlement but then they just keep having them drop down in the cathedral over and over. It's so predictable.
>Which you can't always do because you have to fight multiples
Yes you can. They die in 1-2 hits even from toothpicks like the longsword. In most situations the enemies will not be clumped up together so you can run up and kill them easily, or wait until they get in range and stunlock them. Quickly darting in and out is unnecessary because you can just press roll as soon as you're done killing them, and even in the worst case scenario you get hit once or twice at the same time as you hit them.

>groups
Why is this bad?

> Sully Beast appears out of fucking nowhere
That was bad, but survivable, and the bonfire was right behind you

>muh thralls
The only real ambush with thralls can be literally flanked which makes it an ez mode.
Use your head at least once in a while retard.

Because it was done since undead settlement. Its the same shitty enemy rehased throughout the game. Not even a reskin. THE SAME EXACT MODEL. But wait! Some of them have fire damage... WOW SO GREAT!

>mfw the dsfix mod fixes the framerate but makes it so that your jump and roll distance becomes shorter

Its not hard you moronic piece of shit. Its lazy and boring.

Dodge

>1024 webm
>40 sec
>2.88 mb

share your secrets wizard

It's bad because they exist only to annoy they player and the predictability of the encounters. They don't pose much of a challenge until the Archives where they suddenly two shot you for some reason, are fast as fuck when it comes to movement and have a small hitbox. The way to deal with them is to wait for them to attack you and then one/two shot them which is not rewarding at all. And again the game just keeps putting in the same fucking encounter all over the levels, even if the enemy design was good it would get tiring very quickly.

The fact you can cleverly use the level in your advantage and literally backstab thralls waiting for you in ambush clearly shows it's not lazy but quite well-designed.

Dark Souls series is ok, it's a bit too tryhard for my tastes though. I think by now the formual is getting stale and I think they should make some changes in order to appeal to a broader audience:
-New weapon types like murkrets or a medievil bazooka and you can take cover for things that are shoot back at you
-Parts where you have to run away from a huge enemy and the huge boss chases you to a turrent and you use it to kill him
-Other parts where you can use turrents on loads of people or even a catapult
-You can see how many kills and deaths you have in pvp and the more kills you get unlock extra abilities for you and new skins for your weapons and armour
-Free running and climbing up on sthings
-You have a npc partner and he is an ethnic and he makes jokes and he gives you estius flasks and stuff when your in trouble
-If you get backstabbed or parryed you can press a button at the right moment and you do a counter
-Bosses arent just running around hitting them you can get to like press buttons at the right time and it does damage
-Vehicle sections like on a horse and cart or a boat or like a stone age motorbike and gliders
-When someone invades it asks you if it's ok and if you press no then they are sent away
-You can go into peoples houses and talk to them
-If you get hit then dont get hit for a while your health comes back
-You can have a romance with someone and even it can be a man if you are a gay
-Better support like map packs for arena and new weapons and amrour or better versions of weapons and armour in the game
-Moderators chosen from popular members of the community, they will monitor for poor sportsmanship and ban those they feel are a negative influence on the community & metagame
-Some people need you to get things so you can go get them and bring them back and they give you souls or items
-You can get a pet and they go around and find items for you and secrets so you dont have to search around so much

They could have made a new enemy design fucking hackazaki cocksucker

shit bitrate

This.
2 and 3 seems to ride on the identity of it.
Demon souls and Dark Souls are similar but ultimately different

>one ambush being easily exploited somehow makes all the other copypasted fights with them throughout the game better

It's quite cute when retards who don't understand shit in level and enemy design are trying to judge it. Thralls have all lore-related reasons to be in all places they are in and generally their usage is quite clever as you can see them and their ambush from a mile away and counter it.

>one ambush
Virtually all ambushes retards are usually crying about can be easily exploited or have alternate paths around them designed by devs themselves. The only exception is a dog alley in Irithyll which was obviously designed by some DS2 reject, otherwise DS3 is very strong when it comes to enemy encounter design, way stronger than DS1 which had hilarious fuckups like the entirety of Archives.

>generally
Nope, it's clever exactly two times which is laughable considering how much you fight them.

>it's clever exactly two times
It's clever every time you fight them. In archives any encounter with them is heavily telegraphed and 90% of them can be avoided by using specific paths (specifically ladder to a second crystal sage teleport point and double gargoyle shortcut leading directly to the last bone shard fragment). The fault to notice this is entirely yours.

>1v1 encounters are bad
So you admit that 1v1 encounters are bad while they make up most of the fights in that game?
>trash enemies just keep coming.
Why is that bad? They overwhelm you?

>they still don't have a counter for circle strafing with your shield up which was the real problem.
They do, they have moves that reach behind them
>Some of them like the saw guys you can't even backstab which renders the attacks pointless.
What attacks are "pointless"? The one's that reach behind? If they didn't have them, then you'd just be able to get behind them and be sure you're safe

>Another great example of copypasting encounters
I don't get what encounters you thought were so great in 1 that weren't "copypasted".
> It's so predictable.
So I guess you caught them all then? Either way it's good because it forces you to be observant and spot them before you get ambushed

>Yes you can
Point is that you don't just mindlessly press attack like you're saying, you have to be careful of other enemies that might attack you while you're stunlocking one, and make sure that you have enough stamina to roll away or fight the next ones

You spent way too much time on this shitpost

>it's good enemy and encounter design because you can avoid some of it
Do you honestly think that foreshadowing ambushes is the entirety of what makes a good encounter? Don't forget, they actually have to be enjoyable to fight and not a single encounter with Thralls is because the enemy design is junk

>The way to deal with them is to wait for them to attack you and then one/two shot them which is not rewarding at all.
So what enemies in the series are rewarding? Because that's how you can deal with all the enemies I can remember from 1, though that method is inferior to circlestrafing + backstabbing

>predictability
By that do you mean that you knew another ambush was coming, or that you knew exactly when and where you were going to get ambushed

Not avoiding them but flanking them from a more advantageous position is actually very fun as you're using the level layout cleverly. Thralls are easy yet pretty unique enemies and coupled with how much ways there is to mess with them i see nothing wrong with them, certainly better and more challenging than vast majority of ds1 encounters.

>So you admit that 1v1 encounters are bad while they make up most of the fights in that game?
Yeah, the second half of Dark Souls 1 is pretty lackluster because of it. Instead of improving on the good parts, 3 just made it worse though.
>Why is that bad? They overwhelm you?
Nope, combined with how mindless taking them down is it's just a very tedious task. It turned something that would be exciting in a good game with proper crowd management into busywork.
>They do, they have moves that reach behind them
Yes and the enemies in DS1 could sometimes chip at you with their swords while you're circle strafing them. Doesn't actually fix anything though, you can still shield that attack and just keep on circle strafing.
>I don't get what encounters you thought were so great in 1 that weren't "copypasted".
The entirety of Undead Burg for starters, especially fights like the one with the boar.
>So I guess you caught them all then?
Nope, didn't need to because mashing R1 is more effective than putting any thought into the game at all. It's predictable in the sense that as soon as you see a Thrall in an area you can expect to fight groups of them again and again.

>Because that's how you can deal with all the enemies I can remember from 1
Tell me about how you stunlocked a Silver Knight with your toothpick. Or tell me how you always run up to Balder Knights and mash R1. How about the fatty undead? Snake Men?

I thought it was neat, the whole concept of the thralls crawling all over Lothric.

Yeah, lore suggests that they were something akin to slaves.

It's not

people just like it because it's their first

>Silver Knight, balder knight
I didn't, I circlestrafed around them and backstabbed them

So what was good about the encounters in the first half of the game? Were all those fights against hollows in the berg just bad because you could stunlock the enemies?

> mindless taking them down
It's always mindless taking down enemies in 1

> the enemies in DS1 could sometimes chip at you with their swords while you're circle strafing them
No, the attacks would whiff if you were close enough, then you get behind them while they're attacking and backstab. If you block the attacks while you're strafing in 3 you wouldn't be able to get behind them

>The entirety of Undead Burg for starters
But those were bad because you were against enemies that are staggered with little to no poise. What weapon were you using through there, your fists?

>Nope, didn't need to because mashing R1
So you just tanked the damage?

It was my second, because I started with Demon's. And I enjoyed Dark 1 the most.

The level design degraded over time. DaS2 was a step down. And then DaS3 was another step down. DaS 3 is just a series of oversized rooms with enemies littered inside.

So they lifted those dogs directly from bloodborne didn't they.

What?

please bring up a list of all the areas in dark souls 1 and try to refresh your memory, because I don't think anyone can actually think this

I mean in DS3, those dogs and their movesets look ripped straight from bloodborne.

no, ds3 dogs have entirely different moveset

M8 the dogs have been in since Demon's Souls

One thing that I feel like Dark Souls 1 does better than the sequels is the atmosphere and tone. Each area in the world felt really diverse and memorable. Something about the world just feels a little bit more magical. Dark Souls 3 in general just felt really grey and dead( which makes sense given the plot).

Nothing will compare to DaS' original Firelink Shrine. The shrine gave the player this feeling of a safe haven in a scary world. Das3's shrine just kinda felt like a dark cave for the most part and has less memorable music.

The sounds of the first game were also god tier. All of the item select and menu screens made the game feel kinda scary in a way.

I would say that the main reason the first game had such a mysterious atmosphere and greatest feeling of challenge was because it was the first game that I had played in the series.

I also feel like this song is criminally underrated as far as the series soundtracks are concerned

youtu.be/TIDShT8cb4g

>Were all those fights against hollows in the berg just bad because you could stunlock the enemies?
It had a mix of hollows with shields that you had to guard break and attack, trash enemies that were thrown at you in reasonable numbers, elite enemies like balder knights and the two black knights and unique situations like the boar. It wasn't just throwing the same exact configuration of weak enemies at you for the entire level, it had some thought and variety to its encounter design. DS3 feels like a beat em up, except with far worse mechanics.
>shield
Attacks hitting your shield knock you back in both games and even if that were true you still have the problem of DS3 having like 3 enemy types that aren't easily dealt with by stunlocking.
>So you just tanked the damage?
Not really, sometimes I traded blows but that doesn't happen often even if you play mindlessly. Game's a fucking mess.

Wot, ok my bad.

DaS3's level design is impeccable. Almost no excess space, until post Lordvessel. And even then, the Duke's archive was a nice little maze, and so was Tomb of the Giants.
Levels in DaS1 were denser, woven tightly.

DaS3's levels are just big chunks of open space with some enemies, followed by more big chunks of opens space with enemies.

>DaS3's levels are just big chunks of open space with some enemies
This. People praise Undead Settlement for being big but honestly while it is big and open it's also really barren and copypasted from the visuals to the encounters. There are a lot of items to pick up but they are all junk, too. Also maybe it's just me but there didn't seem to be a quick way down from where you fight the fire demon, so I had to backtrack which felt very sloppy.

>It had a mix of hollows with shields that you had to guard break and attack, trash enemies that were thrown at you in reasonable numbers, elite enemies like balder knights and the two black knights and unique situations like the boar.
So basically, all the encounters that used enemies that could be stunlocked were pointless time wasters, to get the shield enemies you use the awful controls to do a kick, then mash r1, and the knights are the only worthwhile enemies in the entire area

>Nothing will compare to DaS' original Firelink Shrine.
Firelink Shrine is a poorman's Nexus. But yeah, it's still better than what DaS3 offered.

Sweet "shortcut" bro. I'd give you an upvote if you didn't record it with the fucking fog in the way.

One thing is for certain. DaS3 has the best character creation.

This.

Can you argue without exaggerating the hell out of my point? Trash enemies by themselves are fine, even gangs of trash enemies are fine, the problem is Dark Souls 3's lack of creativity. It finds a formula and sticks to it in the most boring way it can, and that doesn't just apply to how copypasted the enemy encounters are but even to the level design which manages to make shortcuts feel unrewarding with how formulaic and frequent they are.

I'd argue that while still trying to be Dark Souls, DaS2 tried to establish its own identity (and was harshly criticized for doing so).

It would explain why they did such a heel-turn 180 with Dark Souls 3 and tried to throw out any connection to DaS2, while also stuffing the game with as many uninspired DaS1 call-backs as possible.

>but not so so agonizingly slow that it feels like shit.

Just try swinging a basic mace you nigger.

>that music

Oh god, yes. That's, honestly, one of my favourite tracks from vidya soundtracks in general. If not THE most favourite.

I still play it occasionally when walking home from work through a park at nights during autumn/winter. So fucking good.

>DaS3 has the best character creation.
It has the best customization, but almost all of the base appearances are UGLY AS SIN

No, DaSII was harshly criticized for trying to establish its own identity poorly.

I liked Bloodborne's creator better

>I also feel like this song is criminally underrated as far as the series soundtracks are concerned
Shit man, now that you mention it, that track is amazing. I think I just took it for granted because it was the character select music. But it really does have some good energy to it. It's "transporting".

Pretty much everything about Dark Souls 3 is lifted from one of the Souls games.

Nah, man. Nexus is nowhere near as comfy.
You're trapped in some large hall fuck knows where and your only way to go out is to one of the four severely fucked up worlds. Nah.

Firelink shrine was as cosy as it gets in Lordran, with trees and huge crow bro and all. Well, except for stinky jew snake but you can always make the asshole leave.

the newer ones are an upgrade in every single way besides atmosphere and world design, so i'm gonna have to guess it's one of those two things

Nexus had the superior maiden. Superior music. superior NPC killing evil guy. The OG crestfallen guy. Stock-motherfucking-pile Thomas. More uppity magicfags. More devoted faithfags. OG Patches.

The nexus didn't have all the nature, but it had more personality. Part respite, part prison.

The track sounds really reminiscent of Resident Evil 4's save theme
youtu.be/zSGPoLCY0xU

Unrelated, but here's another dope RE4 track you might like.
youtu.be/pF_914EwV3Q

Enemies where shit in 3. Grabs out the ass, fast BB wiggly enemies running around, fucking imps everywhere, shockwaves, 2 hit knock down kills. It goes for the BB audience

Correct

That is eerily similar.

user, are you me?

First DaS menu theme, now these.

I loved these back when I was playing RE4.
I remember there was a cave somewhere where Serenity starts to play. I used to walk as slow as possible there just enjoying the atmosphere.

Great taste in soundtracks, my man.

>All Junk

What the fuck did you just say about my weaponfu, you piece of shit?

Also, claiming.

I'm on ps4 so ds1 isn't an option ATM but I've gone back too ds2 over 3. 3 was nice but after finishing it twice with a fuck ton of pvp I can't bring my self to play again. 2 is underrated because of the way the map was thrown together, and I guess soul level was unforgivable.

It's not like loot has ever not been shit in the series. 90% of what you find is useless junk.

>I'm on ps4 so ds1 isn't an option

You are literally posting on a machine capable of playing DS1 right now.

>in every single way
The dead zones in Dark Souls 2 sucked shit.

I know exactly what you mean. There is something so special about that cave. And then you walk up to the merchant to be greeted with a jolly

WELCOME

you also have good taste, user

Posted on my phone, I've still got a ps3 somewhere I might replay 1. But I still like ds2 over 3 doubt that's a popular opinion.

The funny thing is, I like DaS2 the least (I don't hate it) yet I still feel like I put the most amount of time into playing it out of the main trilogy.

It feels like it had the most amount of content

You know it was rushed when you get to uppermost Sen's fortress, a lot of unused space right by Ricard's and by the dead end Balder-knight. At least Iron Golem was a true dungeons and dragons boss.

I think what DS2 did with the giants was good, too bad about the graphics taking a hit and the soul memory fiasco. Feeble cursed one.

Sorry, I assumed you weren't a faggot.

Agreed

There's another track I like that kinda has the same feel.

youtube.com/watch?v=xo65v1kTRZA

Lmao

DS and DS1 are actual RPG games where as DS2 and DS3 are just action games that have artificial difficulty on top of an RPG shell.

because its the first souls game ever releeased

Poiseless enemies were a mistake. Reusing Flexile sentry as a common boss was shitting on it's good design.

Coop dungeon in Fume knight's DLC was great but recycling bosses is kinda shit unless you add different patterns.

Not disagreeing with you, but I'm curious why you think DS and DaS are more RPG like

DS2
>faster animations
>rolling is now a number, and less of a skill but still kinda works like before

DS3
>even faster animations

Can't into slow more realistic gameplay because casuals like fast paced no consequences gameplay. Casuals be like whoever presses the button first wins.

I like this

Less linear. Sure you can do Heide's towers but it will rape you harder than doing catabombs first in DS1.

That track is great. I like it a lot. Has a really similar feeling. Been meaning to start playing the Silent Hills games. I hear they are great.

but they're called dark SOULS

I prefer Demon's
Gameplay wise I think I prefer Bloodborne but none of them have given me that same feeling that DeS did.

I'm sure your first is always gonna be your fave, these games really are more enjoyable the less you know before going in.

>. Sure you can do Heide's towers but it will rape you harder than doing catabombs first in DS1.

Maybe if you start fucking Deprived or something.

Just how things work in general, stats are more meaningful, inventory matters more, there is a real difference in weight. I realize it all exists in the later games, but DS got it right though I understand a lot of people don't like the overly 'complex' RPG elements. In DS1 this is somewhat still present, in DS2 it felt like it almost didn't matter as everything was so cookie cutter.

I think on NG+ and beyond DS becomes a very simple game but it felt more like a natural progression than in the other games.

Yeah probably a bit easy if you use a strike-based character, otehr than that you get fucked up.

Very true. I really wish From had added even more RPG elements in gameplay in the later Souls games instead of just rehashing tiring out gameplay from DaS1

Fuck Blight Town, should have choose master key as a gift.

>he fell for the shitty webm

I honestly miss the emphasis placed on those elements. They made the game more nuanced and provided additional challenge in character building

Certainly more doable with the master key, unless you have trouble with the fatty guardians. I went the normal way because I wanted the whip and power within, what a shitty whip though.

I will always remember my first encounter with Blighttown. What a nightmare. Emerging from blighttown and finding Firelink shrine was such a relieving experience that felt like a real escape.

It's definitely worth to check out, if you're into survival horror.

If you stumble upon SH general here, there's user who posts a nice guide on which version is best and how to set things up on PC for older stuff.

Avoid SH2/3 HD collection at all costs.

Everything after The Room is shit, because it was made by western devs and completely lacks anything that made series good.

I think all souls games have different foci and I think it is great that they are still experimenting so much
It makes me sad how fucking retarded the entire fanbase is though
DaS1 fans shit on the other games because they like level design the most
DaS2 fans shit on the other games because they like pvp and online interaction the most
DaS3 fans shit on the other games because they like boss fights and PvE the most

And they all think they are objectively correct.
Because what they care about most in a game has to be what everyone else has to care about most

I can't think of a worse fanbase than souls. And that is including meme shit like sonic, undertale or portal.

>you will never design a level so terrible that the players you tricked into completing it due to the quality of what came before it feel genuine relief.

Every game big game has a fan base consisting in god knows how many nerds that like the game a lot. You just dwelved too much into it therefore you think it is the worst.

Maybe you want to live in an ideal world were Dark Souls is an open source game in which you get new content that surpasses most RPG's in every possible way each 6 months. Even Baldur's Gate 2 dungeons get ported to Dark Souls with complex AI patterns for every creature including enemy adventurer parties willinng to destroy your ass.

Funny you mention that. I was in a horror game thread the other day and someone posted that guide, and I saved it. Definitely gonna make use of it

I love all of the souls games, but is 2 really the best for online?

This meme plagues every souls thread

You don't need to "fall for" anything, you pathetic cuck, you just have to play the game and not be a braindead retard.

It has the best variety but SM and only cracked orbs really hurts every form of multiplayer that isn't dueling.

>calling someone a brain dead retard when you're literally imagining mechanics that only exist at the slowest walking speed
Kill yourself user, you're too stupid for this world.

>You just dwelved too much into it therefore you think it is the worst.
Maybe.

>Maybe you want to live in an ideal world were Dark Souls is an open source game in which you get new content that surpasses most RPG's in every possible way each 6 months. Even Baldur's Gate 2 dungeons get ported to Dark Souls with complex AI patterns for every creature including enemy adventurer parties willinng to destroy your ass.
I mean yeah. You don't want that?

My point is actually the opposite. None of them are perfect. Depending on what you like most you will like them differently.
So why argue against DaS3 level design being more linear when that was clearly a concession they made for better bosses? Why praise das1 level design but not realize that the early crazy level design likely costed most of the budget and that is why the game falls apart after O&S.

Its such a limited view of game design and such a crazy amount of retarded responses that you don't see in any other fanbase.
Give me one fanbase that is worse than souls.

Can't you just find a morning star or buy a mace fairly early on?

I did my first run through Heide's with a sword so it was hard as shit, but when I replayed it recently I found a strike weapon and was killing those huge knights in 3-4 hits. I started deprived, too. Hammer knights are still pain and suffering though

That Serenity track is too good

Fuck these guys in particular.

>Trash enemies by themselves are fine, even gangs of trash enemies are fine
No? All you do is run up to them and press R1, no thought, no strategy, just mindless button mashing. Why do people like mindless button mashing

why is demon's souls so comfy bros

These gave me such a hard time the first time around. The thing that killed me the most was falling off the walkways

Dark Souls 1 has the best world, level design, and atmosphere
Dark Souls 2 has the best gameplay, PvP, replay value, longest game length, and is the most difficult Souls game
Dark Souls 3 has... the best NPCs and prettiest graphics and nicest environments? Honestly it has slightly more build variety than bloodborne but its invasions/PvP suck and it's linear as fuck.

But master key puts you straight into the shit part and skips the best part of the whole game, i.e. the first half of Blight Town.

Backspace toggles the framerate back to 30fps, use it when you need to make a tough jump and then just tap it back. Also don't slide down the ladder after the dragon bridge/sunlight altar in 60fps or you'll clip through the world. Those are the only issues with 60fps in ds1.

DaS3 has the best bosses and core gameplay (of the bamco souls)

What are you talking about das2 has the best? It was the clunkiest.

>waifufags
>relevancy
pick one

kek, you fell for the meme? what a retard. DaS3 is better than both DaS2 and DaS.

I agree. SM is fixed with the agape ring and you can infinitely farm CREOs once you get to Aldia's Keep though.
youtube.com/watch?v=pQ6RecDK_pA

Dark Souls 1 only has the best world design you low IQ mongrel. Dark Souls 3 has superior level design and atmosphere, learn the definition of the words you use, fucking fag.

>SM is fixed with the agape ring
It is?

Dark Souls 2 game length is full of garbage, they went for quantity instead of quality, it was the easiest souls game as well, get cancer kid.

Yeah you can and you have to if you don't want to cry against the ruin sentinels. I guess it rewards Bards just like DS1.

Calm down sperg.

I'll give you bosses, I didn't really think about that. It has quality bosses at the very least.

Calm down...you sad, bitter fuck. Your life is that shitty that you have to resort to calling people names to make yourself feel better?
I can sense your insecurities just by reading your pathetic insults(heres a hint, in case your dimwitted mind hasn't figured out yet, people on the net don't get insulted by name calling like that), sounds like something that a child or retarded person would use.

>farming instead of actually invading
no

>at the very least.
Really? bosses to you are just an afterthought. Personally they are my favorite thing in all souls games.

Do you know how invasions work? You don't get a CREO from a success. You just need to farm til 99 and then whittle down your stacks.

That's not what I implied at all dingus, I just forgot.

God just looking at a picture of the area's color filter is giving me nightmare flashbacks

Not really. You just don't get the souls and have to give up a ring slot. It's more like a bandage.

Similar stuff from DD:DA

youtube.com/watch?v=6oj24kaUjFc