Opinions on Witcher 2? Worth it once you've beaten Witcher 3?

I just got the game for xbox one (it's a 360 game but enhanced and made for Xbox one). I know the shit I'll catch here as always, but refuse to own gaming PC bc I'd never have gotten through law school if I had games available to me on my computer, had to get a Mac to stay focused on my work.

Now I have a bit more free time, just tore through Witcher 3 for PS 4 5-6 times and loved it. Have today off, was just messing with 2 and seems so antiquated compared to 3 in so many ways.

IF I stick with it, will I get used to it? I have no idea anymore, part of me just wants to buy a "Steam Machine" (yes, I know they suck, etc..) so at least could buy games that way.

Any opinions on Witcher 2? And yes, I've heard enough shit here and elsewhere for my refusal to own a gaming PC, but it works for me and have to pay the rent and keep the electric on (and pay taxes to support the fucking NEETs among you.)

So, what say you, is it worth getting used to the (admittedly simply) Witcher 2 controls or am I always going to feel let down compared to 3? Any perspectives appreciated.

Get a PC

This

Bump for interest. Also finished the witcher 3 recently and wondering is it is worth buying and if Microsoft version of witcher 2 is decent.
OP, have you played at all so far and what are first impressions? Ty.

think you should kys senpai

wow, how edgy are you? I ask for advice on a game and you tell e to kill myself. You and you're Dorito-stained fingers are too cool for me.

Irony about people like you-- you'd never even have the balls to make eye contact with me in real life, and we both know it.

Thanks for supporting neets in over 190 countries

yeah, nothing would make me happier, even have the model I want picked out. Can't do it. May as well tell a heroin addict to get fentanyl.

For all the endless hours I spent in high school and first year of uni in front of my PC with games, it's amazing I even ended up doing well and in a professional school.

Just don't want to risk it, not worth it. A console I can handle, but the temptation of being on a computer and knowing I could easily switch onto...just doesn't work.

So anyway, has anyone played witcher 2 and what do you all think? Worth learning? Once you get into story do you stop noticing the shit controls or will they bother me entire time?

Fucking boring game with shit gameplay. Looks and runs great on PC though

overrated

Don't even fucking respond to these posters you moron

Great game, play it now.

and yes here it comes " you are weak willed, etc..." That's probably all true, but why play with fire?
The fucking shitty console I can keep to reasonable hours (and I purposely play in the den so my GF can see and will either laugh at me or openly call me a degenerate if I spend too long with it).

If I make enough shekels, maybe someday I can retire to South Korea and drop dead in a gaming cafe after 48 hour binges, but until that time comes...

So, does anyone have experience with witcher 2 and 3 and can give me the lowdown? Will I get used to the shitty controls on 2? Is the story as engrossing as as it is in witcher 3?

Out of every game have every played, that is by far and away bet written game ever, period. Every little piece fits into the puzzle perfectly, it's fucking amazing, eco if you have a thing for medieval history and norse myth.

so, what's the verdict anons? bother getting into 2 or not?

>I just got the game for xbox one (it's a 360 game but enhanced and made for Xbox one)
No it isn't

2 or 3 overrated? After only ~2 hours of playing 2, my only reason to continue would be to followthrough storyline (and see how dandelion manages to fuck anna henrietta...he seems like a fucking poof, no idea why they have him getting so much snatch).

Almost wish I could just "watch" the storyline without having to play. Actually, maybe I can on yt, but last I checked they don't have much on witcher 2.

Really devastated those pollacks didn't decide to make another game in the series and are instead veering off into something else.

IDK, still waiting for anyone who has actually played witch 2 and give me concrete details and then will fuck off.

>you'd never even have the balls to make eye contact with me in real life, and we both know it.

so don't play it you faggit, fuck off

You'll probably feel at least SLIGHTLY let down compared to Witcher 3, since that game was a massive improvement on a lot of what Witcher 2 did.

That said, Witcher 2 is 100% worth playing for the story and characters. There's still the same emphasis on decision making, the enemies are the same (though I can't remember any drowners specifically from Witcher 2, I remember wraiths and endragas are basically the same), and the setting is the same.

One thing to keep in mind with the Witcher 2 is that it only gets better. The introduction is relatively weak and linear, but by the time you're leaving Flotsam you'll have a much better idea of what you're doing and what you're playing.

Witcher 2 is also much shorter than 3. I finished a playthrough in about 20-25 hours. The game has (I think) three chapters. It's a much easier game to get through than Witcher 3.

What kind of details do you want exactly..

>No it isn't
don't get you. the very fact that it even runs on xbox one, to me says it's "enhanced" in some way, shape, or form.
they are actually selling witcher 2 in mac app store (shockingly only 20), if I can find a controller driver that's compatible (ps 4 or xbox one) might be worth it for the better graphics.

IDK, but can anyone-- ANYONE-- who has played both give me a quick rundown on if I'm going to be disappointed with 2 after having played 3 and thinking it was amazing?

> after having played 3 and thinking it was amazing?

No. Witcher 2 is by far the better written game with more interesting antagonists. Witcher 3 is bioware tier

>That said, Witcher 2 is 100% worth playing for the story and characters. There's still the same emphasis on decision making, the enemies are the same (though I can't remember any drowners specifically from Witcher 2, I remember wraiths and endragas are basically the same), and the setting is the same.
>One thing to keep in mind with the Witcher 2 is that it only gets better. The introduction is relatively weak and linear, but by the time you're leaving Flotsam you'll have a much better idea of what you're doing and what you're playing.
Thanks mate, this is what I was waiting to hear, bc it starts off slow as fuck.
This is what I was waiting to read, all I need to know, will keep going with it. Cheers.

Just play the game you fucking pussy

>Witcher 2 is by far the better written game
hope you are right, but when you look t all the story lines and how they managed to put them together... I'm an entertainment lawyer and a fair amount of my time is spent reading scripts for different reasons and meeting with writers/directors to anticipate copyright issues.

I don't claim this makes me an "authority," but I have far more exposure to current "professional writing" than your average person, and to be able to put Witcher 3 together and to "hide the seams" to where it even makes a modicum of sense, that's an amazing fucking accomplishment.

If 2 is-- as you say-- even better, well, then I def have something to look forward to. cheers.

I think what, for me, makes Witcher 3 amazing is even the passing comments in the streets from kids and soldiers, most of them are different, how they will single you out if you haven't shaved, etc.

I know, other games have already done this, but this ties it all together with all sorts of Tolkienesque fantasy (with exception of need to portray Catholic Church as evil) mixed with Celtic/Nordic fiction in a way that keeps my interest where sci-fi never could.

IF you are a nerd for this sort of shit, they don't just pick things at random; almost everything is based on some element of European mythology if you are into such things.
I suppose it owes much to the author of the books, maybe someday will get around to reading them. I envy you guys who can get into "halo" type games or even "Civilization," I just can't do it.

fuck, now found out have to go in and no day of sitting and playing Witcher 2 just when I got excited for it. Ah well, fuck it. Such is life. (I know, not your personal blog, no one cares).

did he turn into a girl then turn into shadow then into kirby?