Which is the best total war game and why is it Fall of the Samurai?

Which is the best total war game and why is it Fall of the Samurai?

Also where would you like to see the next setting for total war? I think Warhammer's pretty popular for people.

WW1

/thread

China Total War

An American civil war expansion would also be interesting

Napoleon was the best.
Shogun 2 was the start of turbo casualisation with tiny maps, sanic units and combat and the arbitrary city management balacing act.

Strategic empire building and tech has been much improved from Shogun 2 onwards.

Anyways i would be happy with decent diplomacy.

Why does any non hostile faction refuse to trade anyways? Theres no disadvantage to it...

These are what i want.
This too.

I would love to have a good China Total War but i just cannot see it being done justice unless they wanted to focus on one specific segment of history. You could easily have Warring States, Three Kingdoms, Mongol Invasions, even Fall of Samurai esche traditional vs modern units right up to WW2!

Although my preference would be for them to focus on Warring States period and really work on the diplomacy aspect and the impact that philosophies/religion like Confucianism and court bureaucracies had on society.

The units would not be as varied as Rome 2 unless you really stretched things far. It would basically be another Shogun 2 in that regard but if all others are fixed I could live with that.

Although trying to deal with backstabbing Eunuchs might be leading CA a bit off their usual focus on combat.

If successful though it could more easily lead to a Three Kingdoms mega expansion focusing on heroes.

Fall of the samurai is probably the best but I really like Attila and Warhammer as well. They might have even been better if they weren't such jews with all the dlc.

I still thin Med 2 is fucking great, but Shogun 2 was in another league. I enjoyed it the most of them all.

I would actually prefer the next iterations to make the game run better with far more units on the battlefield. Even if the graphics arent hyper realistic.

neon 80s

ppic unrelated

Take a break from accurate historical periods and go full retard alt history scenario.

1700 AD Roman Empire that managed to survive but is just now breaking apart along religious lines. Legionnaries equipped with muskets and cannons fighting off waves of religious fanatics.

Its not. TWW/Attila > Everything else

Even though Shogun II was great, because it was in Japan all the factions were pretty much the same. Not enough variety to be the best. Probably Rome or Medieval 2.

It was shit because it didnt have bayonets.

PENIS I LIKE PENIS I LIKE PENIS IN MY MOUTH I LIKE PENIS IN MY ASS I LIKE PENIS IN MY HAND I LIKE PENIS EVERYWHERE

no homo

could go with a terminator style then, machines vs humans

Yeah, this. Battles haven't really changed in scale for quite some time now.

>Also where would you like to see the next setting for total war?
Dream scenario would be an official LOTR: Total War, but that will never happen. I guess Empire 2 would be pretty cool if it had the whole world. Or one set from about 1450-1700.

China and the middle east would be nice.

If they can get Japan and Thailand in there somewhere it would be great. Doubt anyone would want it though.

Would love a Tamerlane or Qing campaign. Lots of interesting units.

Chinese Warring states period, Japanese invasion of Korea, Tamerlane and the Golden Horde, Genghis Khan campaign.

later you can get a Mughal campaign.

Warhammer destroyed Total War

You're a fucking idiot.

Shogun 2 had everything right about total war.

>but muh muh unit variety
>muh muh spearmen recolored and renamed 100x over

It had a great unit rock, paper and scissors scenarios.

Shogun 2 had the best battle engine.

Speaking of, is there anything from Warhammer Total War that you liked that could be brought into future Total War games?

There really isn't that much variety in total war games. It's usually swords, spears, archers and cavalry. Sure Rome had some gladiators, dogs and maybe a few special artillery with Medieval 2.

Shogun had limited units but they worked so well against each other and firepower was actually devastating. The special gunners and cavalry had an actual impact.

Attila

Empire/Napoleon 2 pls

>limited units.

Ninja, ashigaru, samurai, matchlock, heavy/light cavalry, artillery spring to mind. Without going into detail and naming everything.

Hell, fall even had line infantry.

I mean obviously we dont need to invent new unit types like heavily armoured archers or horse pikemen but I meant that different factions played different with their unit composition.

Ex in Rome 2, Germanics were more infantry rush down, Hellanic used more hammer anvil, Parthians were cavalry skirmisher focused etc...

In Shogun 2 every faction played the same on the battlefield.

But at least Shogun 2 was better than Empire which basically completely cookie cutter battles but i think thats more to the period of combat than game design.

That makes sense though considering it depicts a civil war scenario between mostly similar cultures. The argument seems incidental.

I hope they make the next game's diplomacy better.

ur mum a ho