Yakuza Bread

>ctrl+f yakuza
>nothing found
Lets fix this. Yakuza thread. Post your kiryu's, yakuza 6 trailers, anything, POST EM

Other urls found in this thread:

girlschannel.net/topics/619072/
pcsx2.net/download.html
emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_ISOs/Yakuza_(USA)/151002
emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_ISOs/Yakuza_2_(USA)/151001
emuparadise.me/biosfiles/bios.html
emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_Emulators/Windows/PCSX2/219
youtube.com/watch?v=RaHpspRzbS0
youtube.com/watch?v=DbqAW-s3YyY
pastebin.com/1Me0aXRp
youtube.com/watch?v=sssPf5Vz0B8
youtube.com/watch?v=tpoDlklVvjE
pastebin.com/a5AspRJj
yakuzapatch.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=LE6YExmqdFc
youtube.com/watch?v=ooFoNwoMxjY
youtube.com/watch?v=tHShuWc1sDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=z38tZPxDekw
youtu.be/d2XIEpsZufg
youtube.com/watch?v=c9fF_BDGxq0
youtube.com/watch?v=2vxy3ufNFbE
youtube.com/watch?v=QDh0TjqWlcA
youtube.com/watch?v=WxoGHrM4xM8
youtube.com/watch?v=iJyYrrDKYZE
youtube.com/watch?v=NPteg3jElWE
youtube.com/watch?v=y8cxu1l6Bck
blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/27/yakuza-0-launches-january-24-2017-exclusively-on-ps4/
youtube.com/watch?v=6CIboBRoQb4
youtube.com/watch?v=dwukthJYEqM
youtube.com/watch?v=q5ebDwmA2DU
youtube.com/watch?v=PgKmSixrrMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=svLuNbGRto8
youtube.com/watch?v=fZX6fXbP7y0&list=PLC25CDDE3F7D5B6C4&index=4
youtube.com/watch?v=Hz3ogNNy4bc
youtube.com/watch?v=_T9UX4bK9HE
youtube.com/watch?v=wyrVH0X7HD8
youtube.com/watch?v=MLe24SgisO8
youtube.com/watch?v=F7_EKN5RXBk
youtube.com/watch?v=I2ir-ZAWWTY
youtube.com/watch?v=lR7OahhCVx8
youtube.com/watch?v=VrUYyFeffWk
youtube.com/watch?v=PGKz9kgszUo
youtube.com/watch?v=XyKe0pB5Iy4
arcturus.su/mjw/images/Scoring_Table.png
youtube.com/watch?v=kX-Bd8F4QZs
youtube.com/watch?v=sdVvgdVglOw
youtube.com/watch?v=eoGSxuEynhk
youtube.com/watch?v=BWa9xpFkJeA
youtube.com/watch?v=TuqPiPdxslk
gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

seems Japanese girls love Majima more than Akiyama
girlschannel.net/topics/619072/

>Want to play Yakuza 3
>Not on PSS
>Disc only
>45 dollars+ shipping
FUCK YOU SEGA OF AMERICA

At least your ps3 works, i have yakuza 3 but my blu ray drive is busted

Never played the Yakuza Series but im interested

Is there anyway i can emulate Yakuza 1 or 2?

Yes, you can emulate them.
>Emulator
pcsx2.net/download.html
>Yakuza 1 and 2 ISO
>Bios needed to run PCSX
emuparadise.me/biosfiles/bios.html
Select PS2 Bios
Remember to check the wiki if you experience bugs like ghosting or a line in your screen.
Enjoy some good games user

Easy, download PCSX2 and the ROMs, you'll need to find a PS1 BIOS

PCSX2
emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_Emulators/Windows/PCSX2/219

Yakuza 1 and Yakuza 2

Just search a torrent site or google for a BIOS pack

Emulate, yakuza 3 is not the hardest to find in terms of localization, emulate 1 and 2 unless you want the japanese text only hd collection or you want to burn your wallet by buying yakuza 2 and yakuza 1 off ebay

I think I'm going to buy all the Yakuza games soon.
Physical copies of all 5 games and a pre-order for 0 will run me about 251 USD+shipping.
I'm debating weather or not to buy Ishin just as a big fuck you to SEGA, but this is already expensive.

>Ebay
It's cheaper on Amazon and you'll be giving money to the devs.

Just dont buy ishin right now, you dont even know if you already like the series, this might be weird, but play yakuza 1 and 4 first, i say that because yakuza 1 is the beginning of the series and yakuza 4 because it is a better representation of the combat system's improvements without spoiling kiryus story too much besides a yakuza 1 story reference. (I know yakuza 0 changed the combat even more but still)

Is anyone making webms from the TGS footage? I haven't seen any so far

Sure about that? Cause at this point, the only money that someone is recieving is the second hand market at this point for the older games, yakuza 3 and 4, maybe.

Oh no, I've played all the games except for 3, I really like them.
I want to buy the games because I like them so much that I want them physically in my house and to drive up the sales even just a tiny bit.

Honestly one of the best thing about these games are the way they start their fights, it's so stupid but i love it so much

Then buy ishin then since you are already at this point as a fan, oh and does anybody know where you can pre order yakuza 6, its more expensive to buy on play asia for some reason.

amazon.jp
amiami

I have 3 copies of Yakuza 3.
Why? Because that game for some reason the game gets a big crack over time, 1 EU copy died after 120h on it, 1 JP copy has a small crack but still works after 60h and another JP in case anything happens to that cracked one.
Fucking beg for digital copy because for some reason this game is haunted and is damaging itself after time.

Pretty sure a digital copy doesn't exist.

I havent finished Yakuza4 yet, but does Kiryu ever get back with police chick ? Or did he get cucked by BBC

Yakuza 6 story trailer with English subtitles

youtube.com/watch?v=RaHpspRzbS0

That's why I said for him to beg for Sega to release digital copy on PSN, I could buy it too to not be scared of loosing the best game in the series.

Karou stays in america to teach hacking.

Is that date?
Damn, he looks younger.

Alright yup, judging from the english sub trailer, kiryu is definitely going to die, or hopefully its just a moment to hype up another battle

We used to feel the heat.
Now we'll feel the pain.

Everyone looks younger Y6

Kiryu looking good for being like 55 or some shit

Good stuff, I'm already getting feels watching it. Now I'm starting to think that Kitano wont be the main villain at all, and will instead by a useful ally to Kiryu before getting killed or betraying him.

>tfw Kitano will die in your lifetime
>He won't make another amazing movie like Sonatine or Hana-Bi
>Last game with Kiryu
I guess everything has to end

Feels good man

Majima's the most popular character in the series, period.

Which makes his reduced relevance with each game (with Zero being an outlier of sorts, obviously) kinda strange.

Pretty much everyt female not called Haruka that hangs around Kiryu doesn't make it to the next game.

Based Kashiwagi looks old as fuck in Zero, the guy ages in reverse.

Watch Outrage and Beyond Outrage if you haven't already. They aren't as good as Sonatine and Hana-Bi, but they're still pretty good.

Also

>nagoshi will quit/retire from Sega at some point
>the Yakuza series will eventually end
>all those cute JAV girls will retire and become old and busted at some point

This is new Yakuza protag
Believe me, My dad works for Doujima gumi

Where did you get that Y3 cover?

Get Kenzan and Ishin, you'll be happy that you did.

Naw, this is the new MC.
Or Majima

I watched his every movie so he could just finish the Outrage series at this point.

It's a shitty photocopy scan, A video store was closing down. So I got it there

I wouldn't mind that, being the MC would actually force him to be competent. I think.

Also his fighting style is pretty cool.

American 4 cover is better than Japanese cover imo

If you've seen every movie of his, then I should probably ask, how is Boiling Point? I've heard it's not as good as some of his other Yakuza movies. Is it still worth watching?

playing y4 again, just broke out of prison.
the sequence was a lot short than i remember. good.
saejima is a really good character even though a lot of people find him boring
it felt like kiryu didn't even notice the fact that saejima had a giant yakuza tattoo on his back when haruka found him on the beach, at least not til after they fought.
you'd think that would be something they would talk about, or at least mention.
or maybe he did and was just playing coy? kiryu's attitude was weird this scene, but the way he sent saejima off was heartwarming. i just found his motivation weird.
also when saejima yells HAMAZAKI when he takes saito with him off the prison tower that's some A+ voice acting. love this series, patiently awaiting y0.

It would be too hard.

As others have pointed out in these threads before, we'd have to put up with things like:

>go to do heat action on enemy, enemy does it on you instead
>try to use a healing item, Daigo drops it and it spills on the floor
>randomly lose yen as you walk around the city
>play batting cage, bat flies out of hand and hits target
>all substories would end in a bad way, and whoever asked Daigo for help, would be in even deeper shit than before

Did you buy yakuza 2 in the past or now, cause holy fuck im jealous

Now
I paid $80.

>go Amazon.jp
>serch Ryuu ga gotoku 2
>it's fucking 1 yen

What the fuck. I bought it 5 months ago for 8 miserable euros at a random store. Was it a sealed copy?

>There will never be a Ryo cameo appearance in Yakuza

Yakuza 2 and to a lesser extant 1 have gotten more expensive for PS2 games.

No, but it's the cheapest I've seen here. Most of the time I've saw it got for tripple digits. I had the other games before I got 2. So it was mostly for completions sake

Ebay really seemed to fuck up collecting older games in the US. I hear in Japan you can get most games from all generations for dirt cheap.

Now you have gaijin flying over there to buy up all the good shit, so it wont last forever

They have retro game shops full of old games and old consoles

youtube.com/watch?v=DbqAW-s3YyY
>$12 for PSX
>$16 for N64

His every movie has a different theme and most of them are not focused on yakuza but are featured in the movie, it's one of his more silent movies but it's one of the better ones.
You could say it's something as quiet and calm as A scene at the sea.

>I will never live in Japan

I hope reincarnation is real. Then again, with my luck I'd be born on Somalia or some other shithole like that.

it's not the best place to live in.
you can visit there anytime if you want

Yup guys, why is being a yakuza fan the most frustrating goddamnit
>no kiwami localization
>possibly no 6 localization
>yakuza 2 is expensive, no hd localization
>no kenzan and ishin localization
Fuck my life i need to learn nip tongue

I may have to give it a watch. I imagine it will have like 0 seeders on most torrent sites though. I may even have to pay for it.

Seal that shit in a fucking titanium,watertight, bulletproof, 3 locked chest cause losing that would suck

This. Just visit it. It's great.

Pastebin for anyone who needs it.

pastebin.com/1Me0aXRp

Tatsuro is a god

There are translation guides if you wanna play the Jap versions, plus you can emulate 1 and 2 to get HD

>All the orphans are grown up teenagers now
>Haruka actually does look older
>Kiryu is just getting tired of this shit at this point

I feel it. This is the end.

The Jingweon mafia is back...well shit. Time to hear some Korean in my Japanese game. Felt kinda neat when hearing it in 2. Too bad Kaoru won't come back...

Does anyone have the pics of those clan pins they were selling at TGS or something?
I would totally buy a Tojo pin.

I know bruh

I don't want to get my hopes up just because they wrote the Jingweon mafia back in but damn...

>Just shut up and bring it on.
>I don't have time to to listen to you like this.

Absolutely fucking based Kiryu. Grumpy old man just wants his game to end already.

Why the fuck is the baby so important? One of the guys in the trailer said it has value? What fucking value?

inb4 it's Daigo's child

My guess it's the kid of some high ranking tojo/omi officers kid, and it can be used as leverage the same way Haruka was used to bait kiryu in almost every game.

I was thinking that too. I really hope it's not that predictable.

And what is the secret of Onomichi? It can't be that bad...can it?

is there any official or pro-level artwork or concept art released for this series ? I can only find screenshots

It's bad enough that Kitano's colleague got shot right in front of him when he was still young. My guess is that Kitano knows the secret too.

>console but no game
>game but no console

What framerate does the yakuza games play on the PS3?

Kiryu can't die.

Some ausfag actually got Kiryus tatoo, the full thing on his back.
I think it looks pretty cool.

>that fucking smile at the end
Bring him death already. He wants off this wild ride.

3 and 4 play at 30 fps with occasional drops. 5 does the same thing, but a different engine.
It would look better if he had a more defined/stronger back, but yeah, it looks cool

I don't think they would have gotten Takeshi on board unless he was given a lot of say in the story and we all know how he likes to end his stories.
He hates video games so I don't see him signing on out of passion.

I could never pull that off. If I could, I'd totally get this one.

Kitano is going to shoot him in the face right when the main theme chorus hits. Then just a fade to black, credits.

>that young Takeshi

How could they fuck up so badly?

>banned from visiting japan tattoo

I thought it was gonna be a gif of them tearing their shirts off

so dramatic lol you know its serious when they whip off the shirts

I love the final boss theme for this game. It's great.

Daigos tattoo is my favorite, despote him being an immense fuckup, he did pick a really cool tattoo.

They blew it.

And then I go ahead and forget to include the fucking image.
Great.

>this is only time in the game where the cutscene transitions to gameplay without a loading screen
>title appears
>music kicks in

They didn't make him look like real life young Takeshi but just take his old model and make it look younger.
Kind of shame, he would look really cool at least in that one scene especially with his usual hair that he had back in the day

if the new MC is someone we've already met it'll either be Akiyama or one of the new young guys in 6.

Majima and Saejima seem too old to jump into the protagonist roles again, they're 4 years older than Kiryu.

My bet is on the new protagonist being someone totally new, though.

Is the sengetsu the most op weapon in the series?
>Great damage
>Stuns enemy
>Fills a fully upgraded heat meter in 2 hits
It made Ryji Goda my bitch in less than a minute.

if it was like kitano from his old movies, then he would have been way too cool for this shitty game.

That one is really damn cool too. Then again, they're all cool, even Nishiki's looks cool to me.

Shut the fuck up, user.

>shitty game

The game looks great, fuccboi.

Nice bait but honestly a RGG spin off with young takeshi would be great.

He's right though. They need Kiryu to be the coolest character.

I really love the last katana you can get. It took so much fucking grinding to get though.

youtube.com/watch?v=sssPf5Vz0B8

meant to say the last Katana you can get in Ishin.

Silly question. Bought Yakuza 4 for the fun of it and its been pretty cool so far. Do i have to play them linearly? cause I'm like 24 or so hours in and really havn't seen any references to the past that makes it seem like I missed something.
Side note. Akiyama's pretty boss

yakuza 4 has a recap

Mine did nothing wrong

>well shit, what I did at the end of 5 may have permanently ruined both my life and Uncle Kaz's life
>this world eats up naive people like me, Uncle Kaz tried to keep me away from the worst of that shit
>so now I'm going to leave orphanage and get knocked up
what?

what's the point of even putting English subs in there when it most likely will never get localized?

Its in kiryu's campaign, a certain plot detail is alluded to and is a little mind blowing to those that played yakuza 1 (started with 4 personally)

I don't think it's her kid.

There's clearly more to it than that
Whatever the fuck that is, I have no idea

How do you guys deal with haruka, im a newcomer to the series and she is honestly the worst character in the series for me, just started yakuza 5 but already heard what she fucking did, and it seems similar to how naive she is in yakuza 4

maybe you should play the whole series before you talk shit about my waifu

Fine in 1, 2 and 3
Got weird after that, with blatant Usagi Drop undertones that even nip fans (atleast on 2chan) were wondering about
Kenzan Haruka was interesting too

Only one I'm missing is dead souls

naw daigo is the worst
he's fuckin disappears again in 6

reminds me I need to finish this

Fuck, I'm scared, I just bought a used copy of Yakuza 3

shit me too that game is great
the attacks are so fun to use.

Don't worry, you should be safe for 60 hours of play time, enough to finish main story and nearly all sub stories.

Thanks. I hope it works fine!

just made me wish they'd have a majima cameo in phoenix wright as a defendant or witness, easily you could make a fun case that is great even for people who don't know who he is

He's like 40 in that pic though. Looks like they're going for early 20s or something in the game

>kept the same haircut for 40+ years

What game is this?

What are some activities I can do while taking care of my wife's son?

>this thread again

posted in wrong thread
oops

>girlfriend's daughter's son

It's not your wife's son, you shitposting autist.

In mythology Kois can become dragons, neat symbolism huh?

This applies only to the fuckin FEMA deus ex threads

Ignore him. It's just the same couple of fags that show up in every thread now. I'd almost start to miss them if they went away, kind of like that "my friend actually preordered this" Jim Carrey shitposter.

Which reminds me, whatever happened to that REMOVE TSET pasta? Thread doesn't feel right without it imo.

A magical mirror that unlocks a secret treasure.

Shenmue?

Project X Zone 2

>mfw starting the breakthrough fight in 5

Boiling point is my favorite movie of his. It's just batshitcrazy, incredibly funny and features some biting commentary to the yakuza film genre in general.

youtube.com/watch?v=tpoDlklVvjE

Yes. They're going to connect the Yakuza and Shenmue stories. Next Yakuza protagonist is Ryo trying to unlock the secret of Onomichi.

>yfw it's daigos and harukas child that's why he disappeared, he's afraid kiryu would kill him for knocking up haruka

>another Kiryu has hijinks with smaller clan

I dunno.

>Daigo screwed up safe sex

>saejima wearing the green coat from 0

>old Ryo
>was never able to find Lan Di
>Lan Di shows up in Kamurocho for a business deal with the Yakuza
>Majima, Saejima and Akiyama somehow get caught up in all this
>Ryo becomes the fourth playable character and uses his moves from Shenmue

Jesus Christ, take all of my fucking yen sega.

>was actually sterile
>put on a condom to be extra safe
>still got haruka pregnant some how

I just bought a ps4 and and the last yakuza i played was yakuza 3. Its there a way for me to catch up? its that playstation now shit worth it?

I liked the whole "Kiryu gets mixed up in this smalltime turf war in this cozy coastal town" thing Y3 had going on before the Barack Monday stuff started showing up.

I'm having a blast playing through the first Yakuza right now. Are there pachinko parlors in the later games?

Yes, there are.

I can't stand that game,

Kek, I really need to watch this.

Yes. At least in 4

Just platinumed 5 last night. Now that I've got 1-5 done, what next?

Ryo would only be a couple years younger than Kiryu at this point. I kinda want to see that and at the same time I don't.

Anyone has this scene's webm?

Either import Kenzan, Ishin or Kiwami, play Dead Souls or wait for 0 like the rest of us.

Anyone have that pastebin with recommended Yakuza movies? Was posted yesterday and forgot to save it.

yeah if they kept it low key and didn't have the whole "world wide secret crime organization conspiracy" it would've been really nice. I feel like 6 is going to keep it smaller which hopefully works. I feel their writing has been getting better with each game

I think there's some in 2

She's a lot less annoying once you've played 1,2 and 3. In those all she does is be supportive and moe.

Kazuma needs to either die or get crippled so he can't fight anymore. He needs to stop getting involved in everyone's retarded drama whenever Daigo does something stupid.

I'd like a story focused on Kazuma for once, that hasn't been the case since the first one it feels like. The rest of the time he's just getting involved in dumb shit.

Yes. And they are incredibly detailed.

If you have a gamestop near you they're like 8 dollars

Play Dead souls.
Once you've done that wait for 0. And once you've done that learn moon and import Ishin and Kiwami.

I'm going to be honest, as much as I like Yu Suzuki, I don't have a lot of faith in Shenmue 3 or kickstarter games in general. I think Ryo showing up in Shenmue would at least guarantee us some pretty good gameplay and combat, and I think if they treated the story with some respect and didn't go as over the top as the last few yakuza games (Maybe even bring in Suzuki as a writer), I think it could provide with some decent closure. I think Suzuki has already said that the kickstarted 3 wont even be the end, which just fills me with even more dread that we'll never finish that story.

Of course on the other hand, Shenmue 2 seemed to be hinting at the game taking on a supernatural twist, and that definitely wouldn't work in Yakuza, so I can also see why that would be a bad idea.

Thanks, guess Ill just play Dead Souls

Not in the dessoalte tundra of Norway.

Fuck, meant so say "Ryo showing up in Yakuza.

Yes she only became annoying when she became a teenager. Just like real life.

>Akiyama's breakthrough fight

oh God it was so bad
I thought akiyama was good but it got fuckin mangled in that shit. I was surprised at how easy shinada was tho

Shenmue was originally supposed to be told it 16 chapters. 1 and 2 only covers 4 chapters. Of course Suzuki wants to do more than 3 games, his ambition is part of the reason why he had a falling out with Sega.

pastebin.com/a5AspRJj

I found Akiyama's coliseum even harder. Especially that 100 man challenge, fuck me that was infuriating. I hate how weak they made him.

Probably because I didn't have the heat and health upgrades

My hero.

I'm aware of that, but let's be honest, 3 might be his only chance at wrapping it up. There may not be a Shenmue 4, especially if 3 ends up being a huge disappointment.

I really think if he wants to finish this thing, he'll have to swallow his pride and condense his story a bit, or else Shenmue fans will be stuck with Berserk fans in waiting hell forever.

>or else Shenmue fans will be stuck with Berserk fans in waiting hell forever.
They are on the same ship already.

From the looks of things, I'd say Berserk fans actually just left the Shenmue fans behind on that ship, it's too bad they'll be stuck on an island for the next 15 years or so.

>mfw it's time for another hiatus

Where the fuck do you search? Germany there, saw it in many places for 10-20€.

Guys, I wanted to get into it. In which order should I play them? Chronological?

Man, 2 Yakuza games for translation by good fans, but no end in sight.

yakuzapatch.tumblr.com/

Still, can't wait to play Yakuza Kenzan in 2018 before Yakuza 6.

release order.

Start with 1 if you can, 2 is hard to find and expensive so you may have to emulate it (if you can). If not 3 or 4 are decent starting places, some people recommend skipping 3 and starting with 4, since it's more newcomer friendly, but it's up to you.

Norway is not Germany.
The nearest Gamestop is 2 hours from me and only stocks Fifa and Call of duty.

my copy of yakuza 2 decided to stop booting up at all today is there any reason for a ps2 disc to not boot up after the ps2 logo

Release order.

How do I beat Hell's Impulse in Y3? Those motherfuckers are impossible because all the partners are completely useless.
Fuck they've got me 6-0 now, they're the only coliseum fight that I've got left.

It might be scratched, or your ps2 laser might be dying. Can you play other games on it?

What the hell I bought a copy of this for £6 last year, did this have a limited print in the US or something?

i got it working fuck knwsows what did it all i did was change the disc for king of fighters then tried again and it booted up fine the disc is fine i've had it since i was a kid and i've never put my fingers on the disc at all

Cred Forums has /djt/ up almost at all times. that's where I jumped in and its a great resource to start learning moon speak

Release order dumbass

Step aside you shits, best karaoke song coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=LE6YExmqdFc

that's not baka mitai or get to the top or so much more

>not mentioning rouge of love or machinegun kiss

>I BELIEVE IN YOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

そいや!

The gameplay trailer really seems like they're investing big in the game.
So it's a bit odd they're not more interested in a world wide release, especially considering Japanese console market is shrinking.
I guess they're expecting Taiwan and Hong Kong to pick up the slack?
Apparently Chinese version of Yakuza 0 sold as much as the Japanese version.

God I love the Majima version of get to the top

youtube.com/watch?v=ooFoNwoMxjY

>not RING

they're all 10/10 but my personal favourites are baka mitai get to the top and so much more
machinegun kiss has the best visuals though

how do i get the really good armor in yakuza 3?

also how do i do the komaki drop? sometimes when i do a finisher combo kiryu does a dropkick. is that it?

ayyy i clocked over 100h on a rented copy lol

komaki tiger drop? I think you have to press R1 + triangle right before someone hits you, it's very difficult to pull off in yakuza 3. much easier in 5.

>mfw kamuro setsugekka wasn't in 0 but bakamitai was
>hasnt been in a game since 3

>I guess they're expecting Taiwan and Hong Kong to pick up the slack?

Pretty much this, and I'm okay with it as long as the game games keep being localized in the west. I just don't see this series going beyond the usual 100k over here, I just don't think that audience is there on the PS4 anymore. Japanese stuff isn't as popular as it used to be, especially with teens (with a few exceptions of course).

I hope the reason it's not on PSN is because they're re-releasing it properly without cut content.

>Takeshi is actually a good guy
It's a weird feel. I was hoping to fight him, but it's cool that at some point you'll probably team up.

Never ever happening.

sigh

last challenging boss fight

4 and 5 are such cake walks

I hope 6 is more challenging, since it's just Kiryu again.

>post yfw kiryu gets that honorable death at the end of 6

They themselves said they wanna remake 2 and 3, and remaster 4 and 5.

you mean since 5 right

mine was fuckin ezpz too
the series hasn't been challenging since 2
even ex hard isn't that bad.

>gets to hospital
>looks years younger

they put kamuro setsugekka in 5?
shit I must've missed it

I think it was challenging because it was so clunky. Same goes for Kenzan AND THOSE FUCKING SUMO FUCKERS

Can someone help me with the opening scene of Ishin? Even with the KHHSubs guide, I can't figure out whats going on. Like does the core of the game take place in the past, and the opening is just saying "This is when the main character dies" or what. And then the dialogue is weird he says "He was killed by the same man" or something, and the man is actually alive.

Please help.

youtube.com/watch?v=tHShuWc1sDQ
i think you have to unlock this song but yeah it's in

they are both older than kiryu yet just as young looking
majima should be 51 in 2015 and saejima should be 50

>only jailing him now for property damage

HA HA HA HA

it's weird seeing the kids older

Well I can't speak Japanese, but from what I remember in Ishin The intro is something that will happen in the future, a lot of the game is building up to the opening (I guess you can call it a flashback), you will play that part yourself later on.

majima was barely there in 5 how are they getting him on anything in the first place? saejima I can understand sort of but he was in susukino most of the time too

>yfw he defeats the final boss and wraps up the plot then dies by getting hit by a drunk driver followed by cut to black, illustrating the cruel indifference of life

>The Final Chapter of Kiryu Kazuma
>we really mean it this time you guise pls buy the game

Okay thanks a lot. I reckon you played with the KHH guide to? How was it, did you find it difficult to enjoy the game because you had to look at the computer screen every 10 seconds?

>Kiryu letting this woman kick him out of his own home
Why the fuck. Get the fuck out of my orhpanage.

>happy for the first time in years, walking across the street to meet haruka and move back with the orphans
>hit by daigo driving a truck

I did, yeah. I still really enjoyed it. I played with my laptop next to me so it wasn't too bad, you do get used to it. It's a pretty good guide, I got to around 80% completion with it. I only dropped it because I'm shit at some of the mini games, and Ishin is a really grindy 100%.

With that said, I'd definitely rebuy it if it were ever localized (Yeah, like that'll happen), since I do think I missed out on quite a bit to the plot.

Story-wise, I'm getting major Yakuza 3 vibes here. It honestly feels like a repeat + a baby.

Naw, he's going to die either during or right after.

We've grown with them tbqh

RATE THE YAKUZA GAMES, if you reply then you must rate.
2>1>4>3>5, havent played the japanese only titles besides 2 on the ps3

>Daigo immediately goes missing afterwards

>shootouts are how things are settled now
>tfw this is how Kiryu goes out

youtube.com/watch?v=z38tZPxDekw

yeah I'm honestly not buying it

Mainline

2 > 0 > 1 > 5 > 4 > 3

I love them all though. 6 might just eclipse 0 though, who knows.

Spinoffs

Ishin > Kenzan > Dead Souls

Haven't played the PSP games yet.

MATSUMOTO OUTTOOO

5>2>4>1>3

They're all great though.

Kinda see it. But Matsumoto is a twig compared to Saejima, and Matsu has bigger eyes

2>5>1>3>4

Haven't played Zero.

3>1>5>4>Deadsouls>2

I know it's a very unpopular opinion, but I just did not like 2. Maybe I was burned out from playing 1 right before. I should go back and watch it.

2>1>5>4
I want to stress that I love all the games, I just love some a bit more than others.
I haven't played 3 because SEGA hates me personally and wants to make my life as diffifcult as possible.

>3 on top
>2 on the bottom
>even including Dead Souls

You've fucked up somewhere.

so is 6 coming to the US or what
can I allow myself get excited about this

0>Ishin>2>5>1/Kiwami>Kenzan>4>3>Dead Souls>BP2>BP1

I loved all the games though so even the weakest ones are still still fine to me.

if you liked dead souls more than 2 then i think you're playing the wrong series

make sure it does by buying 0

Dead Souls holds a special place in my heart because it was my first Yakuza game. My uncle bought it for me in a CVS Pharmacy for a last minute gift. I really enjoyed it's take on the zombie genre.

Too hard to decide, rating is not really for game with best gameplay or story but that kind of feeling
1>3=2=0=5=Ishin>Kenzan>Kurohyo1>Dead Souls>4>Kurohyo2

mainline

2>1>5>4>3

all the games I've played in the series

2>Ishin>Kiwami>1>Kenzan>5>4>3>Dead Souls

Still need to play 0 and the psp games.

Probably yes since every main game in the series has had ONE, at least one, release in the west, but after yakuza 6, i think the west is completely fucked for getting new yakuza games.

Buy 10 copies of 0, give them out.

Has anyone had any experience with VideoGamesPlus.ca? I want to use them to get my hands on 3 but I'm a bit pensive about it.

You forgot to include that we only get them after years of begging. That part is important.

How are we going to understand the baseball and yakuza clan manager minigames, and the online dating mini game, i dont want to be gimped in my yakuza 6 playthrough

I'm pretty sure it's a recommended shop among Cred Forums.
Ordered Katamari Forever there once, no problems.

This is me

In terms of OSTs

0>Ishin>2>1>Dead Souls>4>Kenzan>5>3>BP2=BP1

Then proceed to chokehold those that you give to so that they will buy 0 again as well

I was expecting Haruka's part in 5 to be a guilty pleasure and I sure wasn't wrong.

>it was my first Yakuza game

Yes, this. And tell them to buy 5 and 4 twice.

>Doing a perfect score at the last Princess League song ended up being way more intense and epic than any other boss fight in the franchise

I know I should feel ashamed, but I just can't.

I wont be able to (unless someone makes a guide), which is why importing will only be a last resort "fuck it, this is never getting localized" kind of decision. It's going to be hard waiting so long though, especially if they decide to do Kiwami first.

Honestly at this point, sadly the yakuza series can only be known if big youtubers get their grubby mittens on it like angry joe, pewdiepie, jimquisition
>proceeds to vomit in utter disgust and disdain then reaches for bleach

>you can see Haruka's sports bra through her T-shirt

Nice meme

Haruka is NFS

source

I actually got interested in the series again after seeing dunkey's Yakuza 3 video

Okay at this point, fuck kiwami since their current trend is releasing one game at a time in the west, if it came fown to kiwami or yakuza 6, i honestly would get pretty pissed if kiwami was localized first. Come on SEGA, us gaijins need to know kiryu's finale, or i guess i could localize it so Cred Forums fags wont spoil it

TBFP and DSP is enough, please.

>Look at you in there, you look like Playstation 1

>Sexualizing Haruka
HEY YOU

I just started Haruka's part in 5. You can faintly see it appearing under her white top.

>LET THIS BE... OUR GREATEST BATTLE

youtu.be/d2XIEpsZufg

>haven't done emulation in years
>notice PCSX2 is now at 1.4
>last time I used it, it was at 0.9 something

God fucking damn, is it actually possible to play the first two games now?
I tried way back when and there were a lot of issues that I could not fix for other than to play in the super low res software mode.

Akiyama confirmed for taking Kiryu's place.

Haruka is absolutely haram motherfucker.

I don't remember any issue aside from maybe a few slight slowdowns while going through town. Oh, and that fucking white column in one side of the screen. Not a big deal though.

Worked perfectly for me when I played it. There's an image of the emulation settings I used floating around here somewhere.

>so Cred Forums fags wont spoil it

Now I'm not sure if I should be here when 6 come out in December. I mean this community is pretty good, but I'm sure some shitposting dickwad would spoil it. Even if they mark is as a spoiler, would I be able to resist?

probably not

Hell yes, that sounds way better than everything being blurred and people missing faces.

Does that apply to both games? I remember the second one being even more broken than the first when I originally tried it.

Only issue I had was the cutscenes being blurry, like the glow effects (?) were offset by a bit but it was still entirely playable.

2>1>Kenzan>3=5>4>DS
It's not fair for DS because sidestories were fun, but fucking hell that gameplay makes it hard for me to like DS.
Never played 0 and Ishin, though, I don't know nip.

There's a weird glow on the bottom and right side of the screen in cutscenes but otherwise the emulations are perfect.

If you use DX9 HW it won't be blurry at all.

> sexualizing haruka

Yarou...

*rips off longsleeve dress shirt*
*rush attacks u*
*performs komaki tigger drop*

heh... nothing personnel aniki

>tfw I am finally going to start this series
>even got myself a copy of 3

Enjoy user, it's a wild ride.

>tigger drop

kek

>komaki tigger drop

Takaya Kuroda is fucking iconic. So glad he stuck with this series for so long. He IS Kiryu.

>tigger drop

My sides

this

nobody actually believes this right?

>100 man challenge
Nani?

>tigger drop

Winnie the Pooh RGG spinoff when?

Pooh as Kiryu
Christopher as Nishiki
Eeyore as Daigo

Someone get this over to the drawfag thread

> Pooh as Kiryu

Let me guess, instead of a HEAT gauge, it's a BOTHERED gauge. Staminan X/health is replaced by different qualities of honey from bees

Nah, Christopher would be Amon.

This sounds fucking amazing for OC. Someone pls request, I cant post refs right now

>BOTHERED gauge
This fucking thread has made my night

That works too. Tigger can be Nishiki then

>tigger as majima

wut

>implying tigger isn't akiyama

>mfw anons say that they've started the series at 4 and just read a summary on wikipedia of the first 3 games

It's apparently what they expected, since they included summaries of the previous games with it.

6's story looks identical to 3, except instead of the orphanage's land being a prized possession it's a baby.

Hopefully we get some funny sounding CIA agents fighting over the baby too.

I rolled my eyes when that guy was begging Kiryu to call him anaki.

Yeah, it's pretty much 3.

Hell, I think Rikiya's VA came back to voice another character that calls Kiryu 'Aniki'.

It's still gonna be a kick ass game.

I did that at first.
I wish I didn't now that I've played through 1 and 2, the twists with Terada and Jingu would have been way better if I didn't already know they were comming.

Yeah. Giving me serious Rikiya flags

>2018
Yeah, sounds like a reasonable date. This project goes pretty slowly.
Good thing that by its release there will be PS3 emulator!

KUZEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Kenzan > Ishin

What happened to the fat Yakuza guy from 3, opposite of Rikiya? I don't think he died, did he?

Naw. Ishin feels, plays, and looks better.

Just imagine that boss fight.

>goes into purple heat
>SILLY OLD FUCK
>pulls out baseball
>starts charging it up
>poohyu is hit with a massive flaming meteor
>all honey jars broken, heat gauge emptied, health almost completely gone
>this song kicks in youtube.com/watch?v=c9fF_BDGxq0
>run up and start tigger dropping the shit out of every attack, just barely win
>unlock his baseball for completing all substories

The guy with the mute kid? I think he almost died, but his kid finally called him dad as a bull was about to kill him and that gave him the strength to grab it by the horns and fucking kill it

Nah, that guy who protected doghouse with his body.

Kenzan feels like an anime.

Ishin feels like a film.

It's weird, but I love them both. Kenzan feels strangely like a fantasy game, whereas Ishin feels more realistic in ways.

Ishin was a lot better. Kenzan's good for what it is though, and Kenzan!Kiryu had a fucking hard life.

just forgotten

Man, it feels good walking around Sotenbori again in 5.

Kiwami 2 when

Yeah going there in 5 was amazing after marathoning Yakuza just before I imported 5.

Favorite boss?

Doesn't have to be final boss.

I loved the fat guy in Yakuza 3. That bossfight was funny as fuck.

>Kiwami 2

I want this so bad. Kaoru and the final boss fight are all I want to see remade.

Ryuji because of that final boss theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=2vxy3ufNFbE

Spoilers for 0.

Fighting Kuze for the last time.

That boss fight was intense as fuck. Ryuji wasn't no bitch.

Either Ryuji or Ishin's final boss. The theme plays a part in why I like them so much (the Ishin one also has some bitching fight choreography).

youtube.com/watch?v=QDh0TjqWlcA

damn this guy is good

you better play some mahjan

that baby ugly as fuck and nu-kiryu looks like a rat

I enjoyed fighting him in Kiwami again with the improved fighting system.

youtube.com/watch?v=WxoGHrM4xM8

BUT WHERE ARE THE METAL TRAYS

Kiryu in the second chapter of Saejima's story in Y4.

>60 FPS will never happen again

THESE GAME NEEDS TO MAKE IT ON PC

I would fucking love to play 5 in 60fps, especially with the Majima clone and Amon umbrella bullshit that sunk the game to single digit frames.

oh god this HANDS DOWN

>tiger drops your shit
>goes into RED HEAT
>fucking taunts you

He's handsome as fuck. Never did like his look from 3 and 4. It got better in 5 tho.

>that "bring it" taunt will never come back
The way he says it in 2 makes me feel so badass during a fight.

>mfw I know a guy that ACTUALLY pre-ordered this

I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND THIS CLUSTERFUCK OF A GAME

Is it even worth learning? Or is this one of those things were you have to be Asian to enjoy it?

i missed this post

Mahjong is extremely easy to learn, user. At least if we're talking about the basics.

You can even do it in Yakuza 2.

>Mahjong in Yakuza 2
Just take my money, old man!

>comfy levels: max

I'm a beginner and I got invested so much in mahjong during 2's Osaka segment that I didn't progress with the story whatsoever, instead raking in fuckloads of yen.

Then I formatted my drives and lost the save.

This is definitely going to be comfier than Okinawa in 3. Reminds me of Ama-chan in the way the city is so close to the ocean. Hell, even Kiryu can be a sea diver in this game and hunt shit.

>You can even do it in Yakuza 2.

Yeah, about that...

ooh baby

It'll be just like one of my /jp/ train watching threads.

where do i get that dodge roll from?

I'm loving the contrast between Onomichi and Kamurocho. The designers really nailed it.

Having a cute mama-san tending the snack bar in Onomichi modeled after pic related doesn't hurt either.

Whoa. She is stacked for a lady of her stature. I didn't notice them that hard in the trailers.

>Kiryu gives his heart to save Haruka

Welp

Same. Maybe they reduced her size for her character, Kiyomi Kasahara. Yoko has a 92 cm bust, some reports say.
So that's why the background was white when he said he was more than happy to die...

I really like how Kiryu is still referred to as the "Dragon of Dojima." He's a fucking legend, but I still never get tired of smug bastards getting their shit pushed in by Kiryu.

I hope we get to beat that young smug fucker in 6 that says the Dragon of Dojima is out of style.

When I'm suggesting Yakuza to people I feel like a Jehovah's witness.
>DO YOU HAVE A MINUTE TO TALK ABOUT OUR LORD AND SAVIOR DRAGON OF DOJIMA?

Wait, you mean we're not gonna go out in a blaze of glory?

I think that's what most people want. Then again, Kitano is on the cast. He has to have some input on the story. The guy's a legend. I wouldn't be surprised if Kitano's character just shot him right at the end all deadpan-like a la Sonatine.

So when will we finally get to the point where Kiryu is super old and in a wheelchair and we have wheelchair races with weird uncle Majima?

Are any of the restaurants in yakuza real? Or are they based on any real ones? The food always looks incredible in these games. They definitely give vanillaware games a run for their money in that department.

>you will never eat at that one meat place near the parking lot

damn gurl

>Haruka and Kiryu sitting together on the beach
>Haruka: Thank you for everything
>Kiryu and Haruka hold each other warmly as they stare out towards the beautiful blue sea
>BANG,BANG
>girl with kite
>roll credits

>Kiryu heavily wounded again by a gunshot wound after his final batyle
>Haruka's condition has become critical
>offers his own heart to save her life
>with Kiryu gone, she and Haruto should lead a peaceful life
>Sobo starts to play
>last scene of the game is both his and Haruka's beds side by side as the doctors prepare the transplant
>holding onto her hand
>his grip eventually loosens
I'm not ready for this. Not at all.

He probably will die, the song of life title sounds very open ended however

Some are real, like Matsuya, which is what you're referring to. Their gyudon (beef bowl, best seller) is tasty and served fast, since it is a chain.
Yeaaaaaah.

>zooms out to haruto (harukas baby) in a rainy hotel with a dead daigo dojima at his feet
If they did this, dont know how i feel

Some part of the lyrics allude to that.

>We've been on this journey together...but the wind's direction has changed... and you are slowly drifting past me

>Matsuya

No, was referring to the one in the North eastern area, a little bit below purgatory, the one that's fairly expensive. Good to know that Matusya exists though, I'll have to remember to go there if I ever travel to Japan.

Ohhh. Yeah. There's tons of Korean BBQ/yakiniku places in Tokyo/Japan. I mean, I don't know if the place in the game is exclusively Korean though, since it has other beef cuts besides galbi. I think it had kimchi jigae as well, but I'm not sure.

The Yakuza games are one of the few games were in-game advertising works incredibly well, since the cities are designed after their real-life counterparts. It helps to make the cities feel more believable and grounded in my opinion.

DON DON DON DON DON QUIIIII JOTEEEEEEEEEEE

youtube.com/watch?v=iJyYrrDKYZE

I have a feeling that you just wrote a better ending than what they'll probably give us. I'm sorry to sound cynical, but after Kiryu's "deaths" in 3 and 5, I'm still having a hard time believing that they'll actually go through with it.

I'll shed a bunch of bitch tears if they actually do though.

>Have beaten Yakuza 1 3 4
>Watched Reminiscence for Yakuza 2
>Played some Dead Souls
>Bought 5 day one but just recently started it

5 is fun. I'm not very far in yet having not even been to Kamurocho.
Did they add in the ability to suppress your heat moves to conserve meter in 5 or was it in the previous installments as well?

I'm looking forward to Zero and have looked up nothing about. All I know is that Majima will just appear to challenge randomly.

Watched the trailer for 6 and was blown away by how much work they're putting in. Kiryu seems to have 4 styles of fighting you can switch on the fly! I hope we get at least one other playable character though.

I had a huge smile on my face when running to it in Ishin.

youtube.com/watch?v=NPteg3jElWE

>All I know is that Majima will just appear to challenge randomly.

That's actually Kiwami, the remake of 1. 0 is the one in the 80s were we play as Kiryu and Majima.

My sentiments, exactly friend. If they do go through with it, I'll be depressed as fuck. I've been playing these games ever since 3 released.
>Did they add in the ability to suppress your heat moves
Yes.
>All I know is that Majima will just appear to challenge randomly.
Nope. That's in Kiwami, a full remake of Yakuza 1.
>Kiryu seems to have 4 styles of fighting you can switch on the fly
Nope, it doesn't look like it. They completely revamped the combat system and gave him new animations for his rush attacks and finishers. Switchable fighting styles are in 0 and Kiwami though.

It's highly unlikely we play as anyone else since it is Kiryu's final chapter after all. At least that's what they're touting it as.

>Remake of 1

What? Is that coming to the states?

that was awesome

Here have a trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=y8cxu1l6Bck

and no one knows if it's getting localized yet. With 6 coming out in Japan soon, they may decide to skip Kiwami for the West. Only time will tell.

Nope. At least there's been no word yet. I'd wait until December to see if there is localization news happening for 6/Kiwami, since there's a Playstation event somewhere in there. That's where they announced the localization of 5 and 0.

>Have beaten Yakuza 1 3 4
>Watched Reminiscence for Yakuza 2

This triggers me.

Have they been known to announce the localization's of these games together?

I know Japan is always a few games ahead but I never know much news regarding their releases

This song is so fucking catchy, but I'd probably go insane if I had to work there since this plays 24/7 in the stores.

Can't emulate and a disc is some serious dough. Would play in a heart beat tho

Eh, it kind of sucks, but I don't blame him, Yakuza 2 is hard to find and not everyone's PC can handle PS2 emulation. I'm hoping 2 gets a Kiwami like remake.

>dat Ryuji fight in 60fps while a (hopefully good) remix of a scattered moment plays in the background

It took a while for 5 to be localized, about 3 years. Took a little bit less for 0, but still. They rarely will release these games simultaneously. Actually scratch that, it's not even in their minds. This is a Japanese game series aimed at a specific Japanese demographic. That being said, it's a fucking cash cow for them.

It kinda just happens. We're hopeful for the next localization, but rumors and such are pretty baseless since there is such a small following for the Yakuza series in the west. We just take whatever bits of information we can whenever it comes up.

Wheres the english guide for the hd collection the one i found doesnt translate any dialogue

That always seemed to be the information which is why I never try to follow it.

I was kind of bummed Yakuza 5 was digital only as I like have the physical copy. I'm under the impression Zero will have a box copy

I still can't believe they can put in so much shit into these games. They have VF5FR ffs in 6. That is crazy.

>You play a fighting game inside a beat-em-up JRPG sandbox game in a cozy Tokyo-inspired city

It's so amazing. I'm psyched for 0 too. We get to play Space Harrier and Outrun in their full glory.

Doing digital only saves them a ton of money in the end, collectors be damned. At this point its take what you can get, ask for seconds.

It will.

blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/27/yakuza-0-launches-january-24-2017-exclusively-on-ps4/

If they do digital only for 6 in the west, I can live with that, but I'll definitely have to buy it twice. One digital copy to have in English and one imported physical one, since I want it to add to my collection.

>post credits cutscene show kiryu still alive and fine despite not having a heart

They just keep adding stuff onto it, continually improving it with more things to do or improved versions of it. It's really impressive to see the gradual jumps in quality from game to game. Hell, I know Kamurocho like the back of my hand now. Every street is instantly recognizable from the minimap without even hovering over it.

6 looks to be the best rendition of Kamurocho yet. I was blown away in 3 when Kamurocho was finally seamless coming from 2 and 1. Onomichi looks to be a great addition as well. Very comfy-looking, especially with the setting sun and the ocean nearby.

KIRYU WAS ACTUALLY A JAPANESE GOD THE WHOLE TIME

THE WIND IS PUSHING ME

More like

>Boss battle against Haruka's heart on top the millennium tower
>Kiryu beats it so hard it never stops and Haruka lives forever

>Yakuza 7 is Dragon's Dogma 2

I could live with this.

>heart rips its shirt off
>has a tattoo of a heart

Is there a release date for 6 yet?

Wanna pre-order it ASAP.

no

Nope. Waiting until December to see if they announce a localization at the PS event then.

It'll be December.

>had my copy since it came out in the US.
>have 100s of gameplay hrs clocked in
>disc still pristine

Yeah, yr full of shit you fucking faggot

whoa calm down

3>1>2>4>5>DS
I just couldn't enjoy despite Majima and Ryuji's additions. For a game that comes after 4 it took away alot more than it added.
Doesn't stop me from clocking in 90+ hours

Yakuza 3 feels.
The kids have grown up.
The comfy new setting like okinawa.
Rikiya

Why was this version so fucking awful?

youtube.com/watch?v=6CIboBRoQb4

I really hope Kiwami 2 doesn't ruin some of its god tier songs with these lazy remixes.

>gunshots that staggers you
Kiwami was a mistake

>Saejima goes to prison to reunite with Baba.
>Kyuodai

Yeah, Kiwami's soundtrack is pretty bad.

I thought Haruka's section would be boring bait. Fuck me, her section hit me with feels like Yakuza 3.

IKUDE...

KYOUDAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

The cigarette heat action no longer available in 0 and kiwami.
youtube.com/watch?v=q5ebDwmA2DU

I'm so close to importing 0 just so I can play it before 6.

youtube.com/watch?v=PgKmSixrrMQ

You're at the hostess club when this guy walks up and slaps your "girlfriend's" ass, what do you do?

Keep in mind he's glowing purple and has a knife.

Best fucking random battle theme in the goddamn game. Just wait a bit longer mate. We're almost there.

>those EEEEEEAAYEAHOOOOOHYEAAAAHHs

So hype. YAHOO

Tiger Drop his thrust attack and run away.

I fucking love Majima's shoes. They're baller as fuck.

Rip off my shirt.
youtube.com/watch?v=svLuNbGRto8

My nigga. It's reminiscent of those voice samples used in DnB tracks back in the day.

Ask if he can slap my ass as well.

I don't know what they were thinking with the wubshit in Kiwami..

Time to get comfy kyoudais
youtube.com/watch?v=fZX6fXbP7y0&list=PLC25CDDE3F7D5B6C4&index=4

Yeah. It worked well enough for 0, but it sucks in Kiwami.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hz3ogNNy4bc

I've yet to find another track in this series to get me so pumped like the part at 3:15. Those guitars and violins all wailing together is so good.

>not
youtube.com/watch?v=_T9UX4bK9HE

Awesome. I really wish this had a clean rip though. Feels like I'm in a 90s R.Kelly/RnB video.

youtube.com/watch?v=wyrVH0X7HD8

>JPN version of 0 appears as Ryu Ga Gotoku 0 on PS4 Activity Feed
>JPN versions of Kiwami and 6's demo appear as Yakuza: Kiwami and Yakuza 6 demo
But what does it MEAN?

Two Dragons is the final boss theme right?

Correct. That's probably the only thing I've spoiled myself on so far. I still haven't listened to the whole OST yet.

>Comfy Okinawa
youtube.com/watch?v=MLe24SgisO8

>Feels for your soul
youtube.com/watch?v=F7_EKN5RXBk

tell rikiya he's not my girlfriend

I know how you feel, kyoudai.

youtube.com/watch?v=I2ir-ZAWWTY

Excellent. Goddamnit why isn't it January yet?

It's not that difficult as long as you don't go at it expecting it to be similar to basically any other game you've ever played. It's also a good idea to keep in mind that a lot of the English speaking Japanese Mahjong community prefers the Japanese terminology to the English translations.

People always make the comparison that "it's like a mix of rummy and poker!" but there's so much of a difference between Mahjong and those games that that description doesn't really do it justice by any stretch of the imagination.

The very most basic outline of the game is that, at the beginning, everyone at the table is dealt 13 tiles, and on your turn, you draw a 14th tile and then make a discard unless that discard completes your hand and that completed hand is "valid," (more on this later, because it's the most complex part of the game). It's also important to note that if your hand is valid and in a state of waiting on one or more tiles to win, you can declare a win off an opponent who discards a tile that you need.

Everyone is assigned a seat wind (which is one of the four basic cardinal directions), and this determines who is dealer and the eligibility for some hands. The process of drawing and discarding goes in counter clockwise order from the dealer (who ALWAYS sits East), and continues until the round ends in an exhaustive draw or until someone declares a win via Tsumo (self-drawn) or Ron (winning off a discarding player). At the end of a round in any case (regardless of if a win is declared or if it went to exhaustive draw), one of two things can occur:
1) If the dealer wins, in most rulesets, they get to stay dealer and play a "repeat round," or Renchan. This also occurs in some rulesets (but it's not too uncommon to see this disallowed) if the round hits ryuukyoku and the dealer is in Tenpai (a state of being one tile away from winning).

continuing in the next post

That Bakamitai version is great. Seriously putting that in a playlist for the barkeep next time I go to the local pub. Although I might have to change the cover art, lol.

These threads are probably the only thing keeping me on Cred Forums right now. You guys are great.

Saejima's version will always fuck me up. Even worse that I also miss his original hair.

>These threads are probably the only thing keeping me on Cred Forums right now. You guys are great.

Same tbqh. Cred Forums isn't even my homeboard anymore, I'm just a dirty crossboarder.

OP here, just want to say thank you Cred Forumsros, thanks for making a great yakuza thread, oh and btw how should we beg this time for yakuza 6

Hell ya son. Yakuza threads are the only reason I come to Cred Forums anymore.

In other news, this fucking random battle theme from 2 was groovy. Kicking ass with Kaoru was awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=lR7OahhCVx8

OP again, why isnt there a /vg/ for this

>The only reason i visit v
Spoken like a true kyoudai.

>The picture with sodachi and the pocket fighter.
Right in the feels. I lack emotion in real life but the yakuza games bring it out of me.

>oh and btw how should we beg this time for yakuza 6

Dear sega

Please release yakuza 6 in the west or else a bunch of neckbeards on a mongolian finger painting forum will track down the people in charge and give them a stern lecture.

Love
user

It gets bumped down too easily by the autists from the other generals.
I miss Kaoru man. She was a great character and a perfect match for Kiryu. Some little part of me hopes there is a reference of her in 6 since the Jingweon Mafia is back, but I know it won't happen.

how many sidequests with rikiya are there? i got his tattoo completed and i took him to one of the strip bars

why do these people go on about balls so much?

Ey buddy you got some balls.
Some serious balls coming here
You wanna fite me? you got B A L L S

One thing I miss with seamless battle transitions now is Kiryu's various animations he has when he enters a fight. Punching his fists, cracking his neck, a simple "come get me" hand gesture, a simple stare down, etc. The whole experience is really satisfying.

Especially when it's coupled with Block Head Boy's opening.

youtube.com/watch?v=VrUYyFeffWk

I love you op and everyone here

It would never survive over there. I doubt we have that many regulars. A lot of the posts in these threads are often questions from newcomers. I also samefag quite a bit desu. /vg/ is shit anyway.

Anyone have that picture of i think nagoshi, the yakuza series creator, turning more and more orange?

These threads have a hard enough time as is on Cred Forums.

Though really, I'm not sure why.
There's lots of content and each game has something special to it.

I guess these games just aren't popular on Cred Forums.

Thanks user, that actually makes some sense. We should compile this into a document or something if you end up writing the rest of it, since questions about mahjong are pretty common in these threads.

Its good to have newcomers, but at least with the newcomers on this thread, it seems they are willing to play rather than stare and it call it weeb-gta even though its pretty much a godlier sleeping dogs

Yeah, I liked those pre-fight animations too.

i still maintain that yakuza is a brawler rpg

Revive and bite you > everything else

That's true, but would those newcomers with questions even show up to the /vg/ threads? I think Cred Forums is a better board for getting information about this series out to people (christ I sound like a missionary).

We are all missionaries, bound to the Word of the Dragon of Dojima.

You're not the only one it seems

I forgot to mention, ryuukyoku is just the Japanese term for "exhaustive draw."

2) If a non-dealer wins, or the round reaches exhaustive draw and the dealer is not in Tenpai, the seat winds shift in counter-clockwise fashion, so that East becomes North, South becomes East, West becomes South, and North becomes West. Every time the winds shift (not every time a Renchan occurs though, because the winds don't shift in these cases), the current round increases by 1 starting from the East 1st round and ending with the East 4th round. It is important to note, that while all players have their own seat wind that only changes in the above circumstances, there is a concurrent "round" wind that doesn't change until the East round changes into the South round, which occurs when the player who sits as dealer in the East 4th round doesn't get a Renchan.

Other important details
*In the case any ryuukyoku, a payment of a designated amount of points is exchanged between the players in Tenpai at the end of the round and the players not in Tenpai, with the players in Tenpai receiving points from the noten (no Tenpai) players.
*When Renchan occur, the seat winds do not shift, but the Honba (Renchan count) of the round increases, with each Honba adding an additional 300 points to the value of any hand won in the round. This Honba count is only reset after someone wins a hand, and the notation is basically just appended to the name of the current round (For example, East 4th round, 3 Honba).
*In some rulesets, there is no South round, and the game ends after the conclusion of the East round. This is known as an East-only (Tonpuusen) game.

Now for the really juicy bits, SCORING.

When a hand is won, there's the process of actually determining the value of your hand.

To do this, we must look at numerous factors of our hand.

Continuing in next post.

Also sorry for this taking so long, should have probably written this all out before posting at first.

I think someone in this thread already said it, but i think the bad yakuza 1 dub was a seriously big contender for why the series flopped, and the marketing that made it look like gta, yakuza in the west was doomed from the start.

The soundtrack for Yakuza 6 can't be released soon enough.
youtube.com/watch?v=PGKz9kgszUo

>Mark fucking Hamill voiced Majima
I still can't get over that.

I miss the fixed camera angle in the city
it brought a nice vibe. especially when the camera was in a building looking through the blinds at kiryu running on the street below

I can just feel the grumpy old badass coming from this theme. Kiryu isn't fucking around anymore.

>yakuza fans come here only for yakuza thread
it's kinda sad
whenever I see Yakuza games outside of yakuza thread, Cred Forums's reactions are like
>Sleeping Dogs knock off XD
>kek what's this gook GTA XD

It's the main reason I don't come on Cred Forums too often anymore. Most people here aren't really looking to discuss anything outside of a few really good threads, the rest is just underage shitpost city.

It might be wubshit, but goddamn the first few seconds got me so hype before a fight broke out. Still prefer his Breaker/Dancer theme though.

youtube.com/watch?v=XyKe0pB5Iy4

Scoring in Japanese Mahjong is based around two numbers that are determined via hand composition, called Han and Fu.

Han values are tied to Yaku (specific criteria that a hand meets based on composition, such as San Ankou (3 concealed triplets), Chiitoitsu (7 pairs) and etc.) Some (not all) Yaku can stack, resulting in hands that are worth the Han value of both/all Yaku combined. Dora tiles also yield an additional 1 Han to the value of your hand just for having them, though just having Dora tiles doesn't negate the rule that any valid winning hand must have at least 1 Yaku to make that hand valid. Dora tiles themselves don't give the hand 1 or additional Yaku, only extra Han for the purposes of scoring the hand. Han values for Yaku are in this image *(note, the term Kan and Quad are essentially interchangeable).

There's many Yaku, and learning them all is quite a task, but to tell the truth, even knowing just a handful of the most common Yaku will get you very far, as many of these have a lower than 0.1% chance to ever be seen. To be the best you can possibly be at the game though, knowledge of all the Yaku is pretty mandatory.

For hands worth 5 Han or greater, a static amount of points is given (only differentiating between dealer and non-dealers), and Fu doesn't need to be counted. The list below outlines these values (note, these point values are in total points, and don't outline payment structure based on Ron or Tsumo; see arcturus.su/mjw/images/Scoring_Table.png for the accurate score table):
* * 3 Han 70 Fu, 4 Han 40 Fu, and 5 Han - Mangan: 12,000 (Dealer), 8000 (Nondealer)
6 and 7 Han - Haneman: 18,000 (Dealer), 12,000 (Nondealer)
8, 9, 10 Han - Baiman: 24,000 (Dealer), 16,000 (Nondealer)
11 and 12 Han - Sanbaiman: 36,000 (Dealer) 24,000 (Nondealer)
13 Han or greater - Yakuman: 48,000 (Dealer) 36,000 (Nondealer)

youtube.com/watch?v=kX-Bd8F4QZs

Finally a Yakuza Poop.

Nearly finished with 5 and keen for 0

>Is 6 getting localised?

>How well do 1-2 hold up? I wanna play em after sinking my teeth into 3, 4 and 5

Thinking of picking up physical copies since toaster.

The channel guy is pretty chill. He really likes the games.

I actually like the Koi tattoo more than the Dragon ones.

I dunno. They actually look much more appealing.

He's great at the games too, does all the challenges.

>6 getting localised?

Maybe. Waiting until December to see if they announce a localization at the PS Event.

>1 and 2
1 is pretty clunky, you might be turned off by it since the combat is really clunky. 2 still holds up and is a big step up from 1. I wouldn't play them back to back since they're huge games in their own right.
>the ending

kek

>>Is 6 getting localised?
It's possible, just buy 0 when it comes out.
>>How well do 1-2 hold up? I wanna play em after sinking my teeth into 3, 4 and 5
1 is a bit clunky, but still enjoyable.
2 fixes everything wrong with 1.

Yeah. I haven't looked at his ones for 0 for fear of spoilers, but he's good at them like you said.

They're all great. Combat on the PS2 games can be a little clunky, but still to 1-2 hit combos and avoid grabbing when you don't need to, and it's fine. Just dodge a lot.

Started emulating Yakuza 1. The English dub is silly, but it's interesting so far. Just got to Kazuma getting out of prison.

That said, I found out my laptop doesn't enjoy games that are more than 32 bits. Framerate sometimes drops so badly, the game plays in slow motion.

Thanks for taking the time to write all this. I think I'm going to take the time to try and learn this and shogi before 0 comes out.

to the ones that watched hana-bi here, is the movie supposed to be really blue tinted?

* * Most rulesets (but not all, it's important to note) implement kirage Mangan, meaning that hands worth 4 Han 30 Fu and 3 Han 60 Fu are forced to Mangan due to a negligible point difference.

Fu values are tied DIRECTLY to hand composition and your waiting tiles when Tenpai. Every hand, regardless of composition, is automatically worth 20 Fu, and Fu value can (but not always) increase depending on composition. This table outlines how to determine Fu value via composition alone (Simples refers to tiles of the numbered suits (Manzu, Pinzu, Souzu) between 2-8, Terminals/Honors refers to 1 and 9 of each numbered suits and the Dragons and Winds):

Simples Terminals/Honors
Closed Quad | 16fu | 32fu |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Depending on your waiting tiles, your hand may also generate a higher Fu value. This is illustrated by the table below:
Single Wait | 2fu |
Dual Pon Wait | 0fu* |
-----------------------------------------------
*While this wait pattern generates no Fu itself, the completed sequence will have one triplet, which itself produces Fu. Dual Pon wait simply refers to a hand that has two completed pairs and is waiting for one of the pairs to become a triplet.

Here's hoping that the tables here don't fuck up and are readable.

It's no problem at all, this game is my passion and I love to teach it as best as I can.

>another Yakuza thread hitting the limit

I am proud.

in yakuza 3 should i spam the komaki parry or the tigger drop

Post your favorite intro song

youtube.com/watch?v=sdVvgdVglOw

Yes. It's just part of how he stylized it.

I vaguely remember it looking a bit blue in some places, yeah.

Don't say that, it may still die after this post.

shit, whats the limit cause i heard it was 500 but some htreads reached 507

not intro tho
youtube.com/watch?v=eoGSxuEynhk

youtube.com/watch?v=BWa9xpFkJeA

Man I hope they keep Bubble for 0.
I know they won't, but fuck that song is perfect.

Parry is easier to do. You shouldn't be spamming tiger drop or parry though, looks uncool when you're kicking goons/grabbing them a million times. Just learn the timings for their really slow attacks. It's best to practice on street punks before tackling the bosses.
My favorite one. I think it'll be cut for the western release though. Sucks dick, since it's perfect for the setting.

6 might be on the same level though, in a feels/one last ride vibe.

youtube.com/watch?v=TuqPiPdxslk

500 is the limit. It will all be over soon.

Thanks for the thread anikis. Now I will take my leave after this gets archived, no way I'm sticking around here any longer.

but its so satisfying just 1shotting mooks

does the parry work on bosses?

In addition to this, Fu is added to hands via these conditions:
*Closed hand by ron awards the hand 10fu, but these 10fu do NOT count towards making the Pinfu Yaku null.
*A win by tsumo with any hand, open or closed, is worth 2fu. This is not counted if your hand meets the criteria for Pinfu.
*Depending on the rulings, the 2fu for tsumo via Rinshan Kaihou may or may not be granted to the hand.
*An open hand won by ron that is open but otherwise meets the criteria for Pinfu in that it generates no extra Fu from composition is forced to 30fu.
Fu is tallied by all of these factors, and then rounded up to the nearest 10, UNLESS the hand is Chiitoitsu, in which it is calculated with 25 Fu ALWAYS.

The basic points of the hand are then calculated via multiplying Fu by 4 and then doubling this value for each Han, or by the following equation:

Fu x 2 ^ (2 + Han).

After basic points are calculated, they are then multiplied based on the factors of whether the hand was won by Ron or Tsumo, and whether the player declaring the winning hand was dealer or non-dealer. The values to multiply by are as follows:

Non-dealer win by tsumo: Paid 1x basic points by the other non-dealers and 2x basic points by the dealer.
Non-dealer win by ron: Paid 4x basic points by the discarding player.
Dealer win by tsumo: Paid 2x basic points by all players.
Dealer win by ron: Paid 6x basic points by the discarding player.

Each paid value is rounded up to the nearest 100 points, and because the rounding is done after the assignment of points, ron values and tsumo values may differ slightly.

In addition points based on hand value, the winning player is also given all the current 1000 point (Riichi) sticks on the table, and the value of the hand is increased by 300 points for every Honba on the table.

when is the thread going to get archived, started a new thread but idk when threads get archived due to bump limit

Threads auto-sage at 500 posts.

>this thread will die before mahjong user can finish.

a real human being

Yeah, I know.

gets archived after it leaves page 10.

I mean you shouldn't spam the tiger drop/parry over and over. If you keep doing that all you're gonna do is keep kicking/grabbing them until you finally get a tiger drop/parry to land.

Parry works on some bosses. It works for Daigo in 4 iirc.

Thread's still pretty active, so I made a new one.

Note that doing manual Fu calculation for points is really only necessary for pro players or if you plan on hitting up Mahjong parlors. You can easily use a scoring table for hands under 5 han with Fu points. This however only refers to the step where you need to either multiply Fu by 4 and then double for each Han value, or use the equation. It is important to know the rules for actually determining the Fu value of the hand via tile and wait composition because you must know this value to actually look up the score on a score table.

That being said, before thread is entirely kill, the process of scoring is automated in computer Mahjong games, and you can easily throw around some tiles by just clicking without needing to worry about that. You should eventually learn scoring, however, it makes you immensely better.

HOPING I CAN POST BEFORE ARCHIVAL

meant for

oh, no, i meant spam as in just using it over and over

i can reliably do the parry but the tigger drop is a little more difficult to pull off

oh shit there's already one fuck

honestly, tanimura doesnt get the love he deserves, he got the best story arc in yakuza 4 and since his character was so connected to that story, why isnt he more appreciated. Plus his fighting style is cool cause its fast and it requires timing

Which one do I go to?

go to mine user, the one with angry kiryu staring into your anonymous soul

follow your yume

I think I got everything down in those posts. The only thing off the top of my head that I forgot was the rule of Furiten, which basically means that if you are in Tenpai and you have already discarded a tile that you need to win earlier (likely before your hand took the current shape it had and you didn't anticipate waiting on that tile earlier), you cannot declare Ron on an opponent. Furiten is also applied when you declare Riichi and decline a win for whatever reason (perhaps more points needed to take first place and banking on drawing the tile yourself).

gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html is a pretty good singleplayer browser mahjong game for practicing if anyone is interested in that.

If anyone has any questions or if anything I said wasn't clear, I'll try to lurk future Yakuza threads to be able to explain.

>Haruka is finally old enough for me to fap to

YES YES YES