Autismo.

wololo

HOLY SHIT THERE IT IS
CATCH IT

>Being this new

IS THAT A FUCKING
SHINY
PONYTA

Dude its a live shiny Ponyta, he finally found it.

>PONYTA fled!

I've never even seen a shiny in-game personally. Maybe cause I don't go so hardcore into Pokemon games, I just play til I get my badges and beat the elite four, screw the pokedex, i dont have friends to trade with

>I saw this ebin irrelevant video in thread earlier today! I'm such an oldfag!

THANK YOU SUM 41

throw your masterball at it

Summer ended 20 minutes ago.
GTFO.

nor I
I'm just filling up my dex with whatever I can get out of that version
and then maybe I could buy me another DS so I can trade between myself
god I'm so lonely

OP you lucky bastard did you catch that Ponyta yet???
lucky bastard
I want a shiny Ponyta

Who /owner of multiple shinies/ here?

where??? what game?

(live in Ontario 2005)

I have seen like a couple, defs a casual pokemon player. Just been playing over enough years I guess.

I've played 3 pokemon games to completion - Red, Emerald and Fire Red - and have attempted but never finished a few more.

I got a shiny Nincada or whatever at some point. I probably didn't deserve it, autismos probably put so much time and effort into farming them or something and I just got lucky.

after how long OP?

my brother has a few dozen in pokemon X, he breeds them
He does have diagnosed severe autism

I've never seen any during my own casual playthroughs, although I personally witnessed and watched my brother find and catch a shiny tentacool in ruby.

>frogposting
yup. you're new.

On Emerald, exactly after I got my first Pokeballs, the very first pokemon I encountered was a shiny Poochena. My next shiny didn't happen again until X, where I got a shiny Bronzor(sp?). Outside of the shiny Gyrados, that's all.

Please, try to relax

During 4th gen, I tried my hand at chaining shinies, very first pokemon to show up was a Ponyta, so I rolled with it, and nabbed a couple shiny Ponyta at the end. First time ever finding a shiny that wasn't guaranteed (ie red gyarados).

I saw a shiny Yanma back when Silver first came out and since then I haven't seen another shiny pokemon since (apart from red gyarados, but he don't count).

>screw the pokedex
MODS

Why do you even try to pretend you're not a redditfag?

>nobody posted the video yet

youtube.com/watch?v=DoahiJMkO4A

I've been playing since R/B/Y and I still haven't encounter a wild shiny that's not red gyarados.

Fuck

thats because everyones already seen it you dope

>Let's spoonfeed newfags when everyone else has already seen it
You are the problem with this board.

kys

well this is embarrassing
I haven't seen this yet

>found a shiny magikarp
>didn't capture because if I evolve people would think it's the shiny gyarados from HGSS

>Catch it
>Don't evolve it
>Just store it to show off

You're retarded.

Only Shiny I ever found was a Tentacool in Gold

Never anything after that.

I used to see them a lot back in the Sapphire days
Always blue electrikes

NEWFAG HAHAHAHA

You could just show them the capture location

I don't get it.

Up to this fucking day I don't know what a shiny pokemon is supposed to be (other than the obvious color palette), how do you get them and what's their fucking purpose.

And this is from someone who played the shit out of pokemon red back in the 90s.

I also see EVs and "adamant" throw around a fucking lot. Whatever the fuck it means.

What's happen in this image?

>straight machoke

Absolutely heretical

Nothing sexual user.

Ive played every gen. Im not a real hardcore player, but i put a decent amount of time in, usually like 300-600 hours per gen, and ive only seen 1 shiny ever. Shiny Gastly in SS.

Oh no, this one is retarded.

:(

What's the video where they guy accidentally kills a shiny and him mom hears him freaking out and coddles him?

How jelly are you fags right now

Caught a shiny zubat in fire red and shiny durant in white

I don't have the autism necessary to go balls deep into pokemon. Sorry.

>Wild shinies

how fucking autistic do you have to be to spent over a hundred hours just looking for a pokémon with a different cooler on it?

its madness.

JUST

please gib sauce kind sir. I need it

I've been playing since RBY and not once have I seen a non-guaranteed shiny.

I did however get Pokerus for the first time a week ago.

>Shit design mon from 6th gen
Yeah nah.

>Maybe cause I don't go so hardcore into Pokemon games, I just play til I get my badges and beat the elite four, screw the pokedex, i dont have friends to trade with
I do the same and have found two shinies.

You are retarted

>shiny Abra
>teleports

>been playing Pokemon since red/blue
>only shiny I've seen was in fucking Uranium

>Implying I don't make near perfect EV/IV shiny pokemon with an editor and sell them to retards for mad money.

It's like you faggots LIKE working at Mcdonalds or something.

>yfw your first shiny was the togepi that comes out of the egg in crystal

I always thought it was always shiny like gyarados red, boy how lucky I was

I watched a couple of videos and this people didnt even try to use sleep or paralyze on the fucking pokemon. Why?

>find a shiny back in the golden age of pokemon gold
>think its a bug like missingno and run away from him
Boy I sure dodged that weird bugged spinarak

You are still retarded for not searching online for the meaning of Pokemon natures.

I've only ever seen one, hatched a shiny Azuril in I think Sapphire. Played each entry except BW2 and haven't bothered finishing Y.

Someone post the video of the guy who kills a shiny legendary, you can hear his heart break.

Not at all.

Encountered a Shiny Wurmple, Loudred, and Tentacool on my Emerald run, but the former two are the result of me EV training.

>play pokemon emerald as a kid on gba emulator
>press spacebar to make grinding quicker
>faceroll the entire game with starter pokemon
>don't bother with completing the pokedex
>never played online

Why should I fill a pokedex if all I need to be the strongest is a single pokemon. Boring as fuck series, never got the appeal

>SWORD pokemon
I ain't jelly at all. I don't want that trash on my PC or team.

It's the one with his mom?

>mfw hatched a shiny Tangela after only 50 or so eggs

>play pokemon emerald as a kid on gba emulator
Oh neo-Cred Forums, you never cease to amaze me how underage you are.

>never got the appeal
You aren't old enough to understand the appeal.

You don't have friends or any competent people to play. Nobody really gives a fuck about the single player part of the game you underage retard.

>only played 1/4 of a game
>"boring as fuck, never got the appeal"

Do you guys think the reason the kid was excited he caught the shiny ponyta was because he had fantasies of getting fucked by a shiny Rapidash?

That level of excitment was something else.

Congrats user you don't have autism

>I don't have any friends: the post
You sad motherfucker.

Wolo? Wololo wolo wolololol,wolo? Wolololo WOLOLO

what the fuck is that

>tfw nearly ran my friend off the road after hatching a shiny litwick in the passenger seat of his car

If its the one with the Giratina, he just used RNG so he can always do it again.

My first and only legit shiny I encountered was a shiny Sceptile in Battle Factory in Emerald.

>namefag
Not fucking surprised at your newfagness

>Encounter a shiny Zangoose in a horde
>and there is 4 Sevipers sorrounding him
>those fuckers kill my shiny
>my first shiny encounter
JUST

>Holy shit, a shiny Giratina. I've been playing for a few days straight to find this fucker.
>...
>I'm gonna use Bide.

I know that feel bro

It's just a rare recolor. It's like 1/8000 chance of encountering one.

>From "fast" to "wew"

I like this image

>tfw my first shiny was a Ponyta
>wasn't even looking for a shiny
Feels good.

It's just a rare recolor that appear around 0.01% of the time. They have no special thing outside of being rare and different.

It's halved now
It's like 1/4000-such
If you have a Shiny Charm and use any other method as well (PokeRadar, MM, etc) it's even lower too

catching shinies is, no joke here, one of the most redundant tasks every conceived by human kind.

I mean every word of it.

You can easily hack Shinies. You can have perfect 6 IVs Shiny Mewtwo in matter of 10 minutes. Or you can spend countless hours, maybe even days repeating the same action over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again until you finally see the one in different color.

It is not gratifying, it is not entertaining, it's end result (a Shiny) is common at shit. And yey people hunt them. I really don't understand.

Is this that fag that was playing like 2 or 3 GBAs at once looking for that thing.

yeah the guy with 6 gbas

Good taste in mons

In emerald I found a shiny rayquaza and I had to go to the beach so I plugged my gameboy so it doesn't close and when I returned I saw that it wasn't

You can photocopy someone else's PhD, but it won't be the same
In essence they're the same thing: worthless pieces of paper
It's the experience behind them that gives them value

bet none of you faggots have a gen 3 shiny mewtwo.

>I really don't understand.
Moralfags with 'anything outside of game is cheating and bad' attitude.
There was one dude in KF2 calling me cheater as well because I leveled one perk to level 20 in 10 minutes, because fuck borefest grinding.

I only found 1 shiny... And it was in an emulator.

It was a fucking shiny Spinda.
JUST

>Being this new'
Sadfrogs been around before you were buddy.

>when he thanks god

every time

Except that a phd requires actual effort while griding for shinies is some of the most tedious bullshit humanity has managed to come up with
That greek guy who has to roll a stone up a hill all day every seems to have an exciting life in comparison

Nicely done user. By sheer coincidence or were you trying for a shiny?

you are grinding for the phd too

Buy oras, complete national dex, sweet scent hordes until you find one. Easy

I've only found one a shiny oddish in the original Silver. I wondered why it was a different color, but I ended up running from it. Wasn't until years later that I remember it.

This almost applied to me until I got a shiny Kyurem a few years back in ORAS. All my shinies up until then were either fraudulent or traded over.

It feels good.

> mfw a shiny pokemon became a "new" pokemon altogether

gamefreak is fucking desperate

You need knowledge and hard work to earn a PhD

Not to mention, you may have a piece of paper, but if someone asks you anything related to your 'subject of expertise', you will be in a world of shit

Shiny hunting doesn't require anything than large amount of time. There is no skill required, just moving left and right until you got one.

Then there is also no real experience behind it, it's doing the exact same thing for hours, maybe even days. You won't look back and think 'oh dang, that time on my 3000th non-shiny encounter was the blast' all you have to show for your spent time is the Shiny. And nobody will know you wasted 20 hours catching it, becauce it's indistinguishable from one that was PokeGenned.

I can even understand people doing shit like beating Kingdom Hearts on Proud Mode, while permamently being on level 1. It takes skill at least. Shiny Hunting doesn't. Just time.

yeah. about 2 weeks consistently ever lunch break at school i would soft reset non-stop. this was almost 10 years ago btw.

now this swag motherfucker is in my gen 6 cart with like 60 other shinies. most of them i've got from gen 4 poke radar chaining. few of 'em as events/gifts in-game and less so from gen 6.

>comparing moving 5 spaces right, 5 spaces left, selecting run from the menu and repeating this about 8192 times to studying various subjects over the span of a decade, getting knowledge, skills and conducting your own research within the field that interests you the most

>to studying various subjects over the span of a decade
Yeah, pretty similar comparison.

>he thinks people are interested in anything other than videogames
lmao

it was a shitty reaction image back then too

hes referring to some youtube video where a kid is working three gameboy SPs to find a shiny ponyta after a ton of hours

based on gameboy SP you can imagine how old it is

I have a full box of them and usually get a shiny every time I run through X or Y.

You fucking lucker that's my favorite gen 3 mon

Goddamn I'm jelly

>open PKedit .cia
>tick the shiny box
>might as well give him some extra IVs

Not jelly at all

>there are people that still shinnyhunt in 2fucking016

>tfw first encounter with a shiny was Fire Red and it's a koffing
>Self destructs second turn

>>open PKedit .cia
what's that lol?

Why is Mel so based?

>only shiny I caught was spinda in emerald

Didn't even use that fucker but spindas are rad as hell anyway

what's an oven dodger

A Jew or presumably also one of Jewish decent

kek that's hilarious

I thought it was some sexual joke but this is even better.

Descent*

Machoke should always be a cuntboy.

go back stormtard

I ain't clicking that shit nigga, I don't want to get hacked by anonymouse

I was told only Cred Forums is safe for browsing.

Hey I was just answering a question. Personally I think it was a shitty joke anyway

>I can't believe it!
I can't believe it!
>I can't believe it!
I can't believe it!
>I can't believe it!
I can't believe it!
>I can't believe it!
I can't believe it!
>I can't believe I went hunting for it on three different games with no time constraints and it appeared!
>Thank you God for doing this! Thank you everyone for giving me luck! Clearly either or both of these things are responsible for this!

>shitty reaction image
feelbadman

there's nothing wrong with spoonfeeding
we do it in reddit all the time so why not in Cred Forums too?

>find shiny Audino in Black
>accidentally crit it
I'll never love again.

Pink female Heracross
Ok that's cute. Would put in party.

Without tricks I saw a shiny zubat in my original gold, shiny krikatot in Platinum and a flabebe in X/Y. After over a decade that's all...fuck

I only ever met a shiny bronzor in Platinum and a shiny Happiny in OR. Though i did recieve a shiny Snivy in White.

Can wild pokemon attack each other? What?

Shut up Cred Forums. No one cares.

It's an easter egg in the gen 6 games. Zangoose and Seviper are supposed to be mortal enemies or some shit, so encountering wild hordes including the two, they'll attack eachother.

I played a pokemon ruby hack and got a shiny treeko from the first bag. I had to reset to make sure it wasn't a guaranteed shiny.

Why are you such a little bitch?

I found a shiny butterfree in gold once.

It's a weebfag.

More noobs that don't know /vp/ is a pokemon containment board, both posters and mods.

>Video was posted in another thread literallies 15minutes ago
>muh secret club
lmao

2 separate shiny gravellers, explosion both times, fuck my life.

Me, but they're mostly injects from /vp/. I got a legit shiny wonder traded to me. I've caught none myself though

>shiny magikarp
fug

I've been playing Pokemon since I was a kid, and from Gold all the way to X&Y, I've never skipped a generation or a third title

I've never encountered a shiny except for the Red Gyarados, and a Talon Flame from the Friend Safari that I don't count because it's the Friend Safari

The only non Red Gyarados shiny I got was a shiny pichu from an Odd Egg in Crystal, which is nothing because there's a 14% chance of getting one anyhow.

>Except that a phd requires actual effort
yea, you just proved his point

>defending an autistic

YEEEEEEEEEAH
>muffled music
YEEEEEEEEEAH
>muffled music
YEEEEEEEEEAH
>muffled music
YEEEEEEEEEAH
>muffled music

>I'm going to call your analogy dumb because it's not a literal 1:1 comparison to what I'm shitposting about

here's a tip, hang yourself

I found a shiny Litwick while EV training, other than that it's only been on emulators. Makuhita in a Ruby Nuzlocke and Zangoose while surfing in a Randomizer.

what politics are they talking about that they would need to go to Cred Forums to continue the discussion

>Says this while posting a 20 something year old anime for little girls

>le anime is bad
>on a Burmese soapstone carving image board

Same. I've got a shiny skarmory, shiny ledian, shiny luxray and I bred til I could get a Shiny Gardevoir.

My very first Shiny was a Chimecho back on Emerald tho.

I didn't say anime sucks, I said YOUR anime sucks.

I enjoy the single player portion as much as the social aspect, but I'm also a huge lorefag with any gamed I play. It enhances my experience if I have some perspective.

I have 7 shiny Wingulls I caught in the last week or two hunting for a shiny Seviper.

I fucking hate Wingull

721 encounters into trying to get a shiny Eon Ticket Latias in ORAS
without a Shiny Charm
should I give up

I've seen only 2 and i too stick to regular play
I found a shiny craby within a rock smash rock on SS easy enough to capture

However i also saw a Shiny Nidoran in the Safari Zone, I'm sad to say in my haste it escaped
A Safari is the absolute WORST place to find a shiny

I thought I've seen a shiny spinarak back in the day in G/S

this isn't an anime board

>Chained 3 shiny Ralts in Platinum
>Shiny Wingull within a horde in Y
>Two shiny Espurrs and one shiny Magmar in Y's safari thing
>Hatched a shiny Bold Magic Guard Solosis in White

I can't complain. I currently have that blue Reuniclus on my Black 2 team, easily my favorite shiny.

I have quite a few legit shinies. My first two were found in White, within two days of each other.

>He can only memespeak
>He needs spellcheck to write
>He fails anyways in doing so

I didn't see any legit shiny Pokemon until Alpha Sapphire, where I found a Shiny Zigzagoon in a horde. And I've been playing since Emerald.

I have, however, seen 2 shiny Pokemon while playing my brother's copy of Emerald. Didn't catch either of them. Fuck you, bro.

Was talking about mainly gameplay. Even if
>Pokémon
>Story
Can be great to experience, no one should use AI in Pokémon as a base for their critics.

No? They aren't marketing Alola forms as new Pokemon.

wrong board

Reportin. I even bred replacements of shinies I got in previous gens so they'll be competitively viable. I wanna breed for a shiny Nidoking to replace a Nidorian I had in third gen but breeding for a shiny male with its HA sounds like hell.

>mfw finding one out of the blue in HeartGold

Ended up nicknaming it Nightmare

i got a shiny goldeen once and almost killed myself because it looked the exact same. Only played gen1-4 though without actively searching with autism full blast

tripe

I caught a shiny Solrock and Poochyena in Emerald. Still have them.

Do shinies have better stats than normal pokemon?

Nope. Often times, like in gen III, they have worse because of the way shininess works off of IVs.

>finds shiny Magikarp
>trades for a non-shiny

youtube.com/watch?v=2f41DRmQCp0

of course not

Nope.

Except, I think in the og gold and silver shininess was actually determined by stats, like gender

>/f/ user out of his element.jpg

First time I played Gold I got a shiny Cyndaquil, transferred it to Crystal where I got a shiny Ledyba. Left it in a doctor's office for 5 minutes and it was gone by the time I got back.
Found a shiny Electrode in Sapphire and a shiny Nidoran in the safari zone in Leaf Green.

Caught a shiny ghastly in fire red. Game corrupted my save before I even got to see it grow into a Gengar.

>tfw not autistic so i just hack in perfct iv shinys for my favorite pokemon and have fun
shinys in any game past gen 3 are worthless, hope you all know that right?

>yfw shinies whose colorings are practically identical to their original colors

>guy hacks shinies in
>thinks all shinies are as worthless as his
They might as well call you Zimbabwe

>hacking shinies
you're no fun

>past gen 3
kek

It's a game for children made to sell merch, everything in it is "worthless".
Still fun to get rare versions of pokemon, though.

except hes actually right because your normal shiny will most likely have shity stats and nature. everyone in the newer gens hack in perfect iv shinys hence why he said after gen 3. im sorry you wasted so much of your time on something that takes 5 mins tops.

>this knock-off Coach bag is exactly the same as your legit one. It's superior, even, considering I paid less for it
People can always tell if you've hacked

Why are the color palettes of most shiny Pokemon so terrible? Is coming up with shiny variants always the last part and they just slap together whatever to call it a day? Do they forget how colors work most of the time?

Only ever gotten 2 legit shinies in my lifetime, disregarding Red Gyarados. Weavile and Bibarel.

The only good frog is the one that pees with his pants down.

fuck off kiddo

No you don't understand.

It's RARE! RARE COLORS!

>the fucking mascot's shiny version is slightly darker

I saw one. It was a spinarak in the very beginning of the game before you could get access to pokeballs. I was piss.

>this high quality coach bag thats actually made with better materials is worse then my shitty one becaus i sad so
enjoy never being able to play online fights. scrub.

a women who desesperately tries to avoid her cooking duties

Some of the older generation shinies are based on the anime, where shinies weren't established to be a thing yet, so they just changed the colors a little bit to set specific pokemon apart.

>a women

I don't like Mel, but "oven dodger" was funny

Only from the fishing method. Easy as fuck and ultimately feels empty.

It's based on a Pokemon's palette. That's why so many blue Pokemon become pink and brown become green.

This is an odd request but would anyone happen to have a PROUD OF ITS POWER Riolu/Lucario they'd be willing to trade?

Who /softreset/ here?

Yiff in hell

Yes. If you even get it, with good IV's or not, it will be forever locked into your box; unless you're a big faggot that uses legendaries.

>I have no idea what I'm talking about
GenIII's calculations are completely separate from stats.
GenII works off of IVs, and there a shiny can range from slightly below average to good-ish, but it can never be perfect.

t. shiny hunter for several years

>muh OP articuno

>Be playing Pokemon since the first GB games
>Play well into Gen 5
>Never
>Ever
>Never
>Ever get a shiny

>tfw caught two shinies in ORAS in the last week during my plathrough
>one was a poochyena
>the other was a magikarp

typo

this but with sum41 lyrics

>that video of the euro kid screaming at a shiny horde encounter after another shiny horde encounter is gone
Anyone have it?

BECK TO BECK SHONIES BECK TO BECK SHONIES BECK TO BECK SHONIES

back when I was playing Sapphire for the first time I still didn´t even know about shinies. When the time came and my first wild chimecho appeared I didn´t think much about it and screwed up catching it. It was only much later that I understood why that one was the only green one. Hate myself to this day

I forgive you user.
But don't let it happen again.

>Articuno
>OP

Lmao dude at least research a little before posting

>Shiny Heracross
Fuck you

>hatched shinies
>hatched shinies in the most easily hacked pokemon generation

It's a legendary, though. :^)

Are you retarded?

NOTHING COULD EVER BE THIS REAL

>finish the regional pokedex after doing all the postgame
>give away all the rares and tradeable legendaries before doing a new game

How many of you do this? It just feels like a waste when starting a new game without giving anything away.

I wanna fuck that horse

Only ever caught a shiny golbat back in r/s and ruined it with stat boosters before knowing how they work properly

I want to give up but part of me feels like I'll regret it after putting in this much time

I got some fishing shinies through shiny fishing like Feebas (now Milotic), sharpedo, Wailmer, etc.
No wild shinies or eggs though, despite trying a shitload of Nincada and Phione eggs

Get the shiny charm then. It really boosts your chances. I bet you should have gotten it at least once if you had it when you started.

I have a fuckton of shinies. I wonder trade all of the ones that doesn't have the IVs I want.

>Bred a shiny ponyta in just 106 eggs
>Traded it to my uncle

Like dude just breed out your shinies it's ez lol

>tfw have worthless shiny fished shinies
at least they're pretty, considering it only took an hour or so for each one

I need to complete the National Dex for that, don't I?
I guess the easiest way to do is go by generation?

I already have my boxes in Y organized to where everyone I need to evolve is all in one spot
The ones I need to breed seem simple enough too

That still doesn't excuse the poor choices of colors on some shiny Pokemon.

If they can make a pleasing set of colors for the initial design then they can do it for the alt palette as well.

Shines should be consider a trophy you would WANT to show to others not cringe at the mere sight of one a question should you even make the attempt to catch it.

It's a problem that bothers me for fighting games and their alt colors too.

>mfw I had a shiny ditto back at silver
Just breed the fucker and got infinite shiny pokemons.

>mfw the only pokemon i ever played is emerald
>got bored after 8 hours

how do i get into this shit

people are having fun with these games, I want to have fun too

It's not so much an excuse as an explanation.

I agree they should redo a lot of the lazy, awful looking and barely noticeable shinies.

>tfw longtime "fan" of the series
>still get bored a couple hours in no matter which one i'm playing
i don't know man. i just dont know how to have fun in these games even though any time it's mentioned i want to go back and play them again. hopefully S&M will draw me in and ill actually finish one of the fucking things

>got a shiny garchomp in d/p
>like and use it even though it's barely different
>megas come out
>fuck yes mega shiny garchomp will be great
>mfw that fucking color scheme
What the hell where they thinking?

There's no point in getting into Pokemon until they release one definitive version and no new games keep being released. But also Sun/Moon is going to pretty much kill Pokemon for the rest of time, so there is even less of a point.

Some middle evolutions can be a real pain as well. You might want to search in the Global trade thingy for them, you might find most stuff being asked for a Rattata or something, you can also disable people asking for legendaries so it can save you some time.

It's still gonna be a pain since you have to do it on ORAS and not on your Y file.

I had my boxes organized the way you have since Fire Red, so for me the hardest part was just transferring them from game to game when the new one launched. GBA to DS was a pain. Thanks God Pokébank exist now.

>mfw tradeing a shiny Japanese ditto in Heart Gold

>wasting your life trying to get a shiny to spawn
>instead of using cheat codes
>"how did u get so many shiny pokemon user"
>was ez desu
>"damn u must be gud"
>ye

>kill Pokemon
?

I've never encountered a shiny pokemon either until X and Y but at that point it was from egg hatching and the chances were extremely high at that point so it was kind of a devalued experience. I also tried doing the dumb bush thing from D/P but I always fucked up the chains so I gave up.

Wait shit you're right
I've been filling Pokedex gaps on my Y save, not ORAS
I'm not even past the story in ORAS
Guess I should rush to the endgame then?

If you don't understand why or how, then you're a retard. Sun/Moon is adding a bunch of features that are pointless to the game and just random garbage, they're removing gym battles for no reason, the 'aloha' form pokemon is just downright fucking retarded.

If this game proves to be a success (like every other pokemon release) then they will see no point in NOT continuing with these in the next generation, which mind you is only a year or two away anyway.

>screw the pokedex,
MODS

Pretty easy desu.

Might as well. Try catching Pokémon that are harder to get in Y though so it's a little less laborious, then use Pokébank from your Y game to your ORAS game.

>make changes that you don't approve of, like cool new alternate reskinds of pokemon and shaking up the same gym battle formula they've had for 20 fucking years now
>it's dead! they freaking killed pokemon! it's downright fucking retarded!!!

You motherfucked. Never got that shiny Ponyta I wanted. Hard to chain them outside the volcanic tunnel in ORAS sadly.

k'

ikr

All thanks to Sum 41

Maybe you just don't like this type of game
How much fun you get out of a game is subjective

I only have two, an Aggron and Scolipede

>pointless features
Nigger the fact that you can now improve the IVs of your existing Pokemon is fucking huge enough to be excited for that alone.

Even if it ends up being a fucking 400BP item, it's a godsend

Iirc they called it something training so it might be kinda like Hyper Training. You do need to level your Pokemon to 100 first to use it though.

Read the website, you need to talk with an NPC to do it and he requires Bottlecaps
Gearwaifu will be holding one when you receive it, so you'll at least be able to try it out once

>That poke design
>That edge

I've been playing the series since Johto and I've never come across a shiny besides the in game event Pokemon like the Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage.

One day though I'll come across my first. One day.

>emerald
>have problems with the fighting gym, go to a cave to catch a ghost type, saw a few sableye on the way
>accidentally kill a few
>a shiny sableye appears
>catch it
>use it for the rest of the game

Not at all

Almost a box full because I am a masochist with a shiny charm and free time.

Isn't there a a guaranteed shiny Haxorous in one of the 5th gen games?

I'LL USE BIDE ON IT

Wtf I love pokemon now

I've played through all the pokemon games and i only managed to catch a shiny zubat and tentacool anybody else knows this suffering?

Kill yourself

Yeah, when you see all the pokemon in the new unova dex in BW2, you can go catch a guaranteed shiny Haxorus.

There's also a Guaranteed Shiny Gible (B2) or Dratini (W2) for Beating the 10th floor of Black Tower or White Treehollow.

That feel when the first shiny you ever find is a kecleon.
>Only the stripe is a different color...

>never seen a single shiny
>have gotten pokerus twice

I had a shiny flaaffy in gold.

Didn't really use it though.

I'd never seen this before and I'm wishing I hadn't.
Shiny hunting is fine, but everyone who does it always plays up their reaction. Seeing a shiny is this little jolt of "oh cool, I wanted that" not fucking loud nigra 2 electric boogaloo

Burn the witch!
youtu.be/fvozYm3S-kw

>cherrypick one thing that is an improvement
>ignoring all the other garbage

>mini-quest+captain+super pokemon is garbage
>"shit on four people in this building with supereffective moves" is not

kek

Found a shiny Bellsprout in Gold, a shiny Onix in Crystal and a shiny Tangela in Black2. Gave me a new appreciation for the Tangela family, that guy was a boss especially once it evolved.

>never even got pokerus
>until gen 6 where super training makes pokerus obsolete

I guess I'll reply to this too.

ZYGARDE 100% IN SUPER ROBOT WARS WHEN?

soon friend

I have a shiny Combee that I caught in X, and a Shiny Spheal that I got less than a a week later in OR. The only other shiny I ever got myself was a Sentret in Silver.

heh at my post from a year ago

I did yell like this fruit when I got mimirons head.

be honest it's the greatest high when you grind for something for so long and finally see it

>Tfw my first shiny ever encountered in Pokemon was a Tangela in Pokemon Silver on mt. Silver aka the Pokemon most likely to run away
>Guess what that fucker did?
>Yeah.

Me, I have like a hundred of them.

The only shiny I've ever had was a shiny magikarp that my friend gave me in x/y. I traded it for a soundproof snover with perfect trick room IVs.

Chain fishing, events, and a few friendly trades have made my collection very large

>BACK TO BACK SHINIES!!!
>BACK TO BACK SHINIES!!!
>BACK TO BACK SHINIES!!!
>BACK TO BACK SHINIES!!!
>BACK TO BACK SHINIES!!!
>BACK TO BACK SHINIES!!!

What's the trick to getting shinies?

An inhuman amount of luck or patience, for legendaries.

(YOU)

same i was young af then tho and didn't even realize how rare it was until later lmao

A fucking lot of spare time.

But I have a legit shiny Regice and Rayquaza from gen 3 that I got from GTS. I know they are legit because their IVs are pretty shitty, although that won't matter in SM.

For Emerald? Learn to abuse the shit of broken RNG.
For the rest? Learn to have an inhuman amount of patience, or learn to abuse non-broken RNGs.

I have well over 70 full 1/8192 shinies in games without broken RNGs + like 2 boxes from ezmode gen6. It's taken me a little over 3 years. I question my life choices periodically but I don't regret it.

>I know they are legit because their IVs are pretty shitty, although that won't matter in SM.
That doesn't mean anything

I blame the autocorrect in my non English phone

go back to Cred Forums

The only shiny I ever saw was a shiny tentacruel on that route north of the electric gym in Platinum. I only had 3 ultra balls and each one failed.

I now make a point to always carry a ton of balls at every point of the game

How do you break emerald RNG? I play it more often than other games and I'd like to know

I wish I had the same happiness this kid had.

Yeah nah, I'm with you man. I just play through the story, amble around and poke at the end game content if there is any and then I'm done. I'm not SUPER into Pokémon. I don't understand IV and EV stuff, I don't care about breeding or nature's or whatever.

Basically I will only use my starter and then blast my way to the end, 20 levels higher than anyone else, and then stop playing.

Don't worry user it's easy to get shiny Tentacool with chain fishing now

Emerald has no RNG. Where other games have millions of seeds chosen randomly when you start it up, Emerald has one, the one you get when you start the savefile.

Find a shiny the hard way, you can find out your secret id, meaning finding the shiny frame. If you can force an encounter on that frame, you get a shiny every time. If the shiny frame has a lot of frames without the same nature before it, you can lead with a synch of that nature, meaning if you hit an encounter a bit early, you have a 50/50 shot of a shiny.

This lets you do shit like this and not even break a sweat

Use of the word reddit in this thread: II
Poor form

Fuck wingull, i hope every last one gets a 6-pack ring around the neck

How would you even know what frame you're on on real hardware?

only shiny i've found was a fucking bidoof in diamond

>had caught almost 13 or 14 shiny Unowns (not sure how that happened) and also had a shiny duskull.
>tfw thought shinies weren't that rare because I had so many so I deleted my game file to "quest for glitch pokemon" and figured I could just get new shinies.
I've never gotten a shiny pokemon since.

Shiny Nidoran in Silver, regrettably evolved it quickly to Nidoqueen. Also saw a shiny magnemite that fled. Shiny Slugma and Golbat in Sapphire, might've been one other but I can't remember well.

By entering your id and secret id into some program on the computer. Technically the game itself isn't being modified in any way.

>tfw finding a shiny of your favourite mon line of the gen while doing a live playthrough

The hell are you talking about. Pokerus, horde battles and a +4 IV item yield 50 IVs per battle. It's way faster than super training.

my first shinies were from ORAS.
i know they increased the shiny rates in the new games so i found them with the default rates of1/4096 or whatever (wasnt chaining/shiny charm).
they were a Psyduck and Makuhita. Fuck most of my friends didnt even believe the Makuhita since its shiny form is unimpressive (and probably due to the fact most of them dont give a shit about Makuhita)

*EV.

It's faster if you're lucky enough to get pokerus, but doesn't require you getting pokerus

Let's see how great these shinies are when we look at their natures.

thank god S&M is fixing the shitty fucking IV system

My first shiny was a Graveler inside Mt.Silver and after that i lost a shiny Tentacool due to not having pokeballs with me, both of these in Gold.
On Sapphire i got a shiny Sableye and that was it. On Diamond i got a shiny Meditite and a shiny Ponyta on the same day, and got a shiny Bibarel in Platinum, never saw another shiny again after that

L O L
O
L

>Ten years ago
>playing emerald
>get pokerus not once, not twice, somehow 3 times within a span of a few days
>was a retard that assumed it was bad and resetted each time

Yea and everyone bar newfags realise how overused and shit it is now. Like le trollface

Like money right fedoranon?

They all have the right natures, at least five perfect IV's and egg moves where applied. Except for Gastly who hatched while I was breeding for a perfect IV one.

Yes, actually
You can't just "print more money," look at Zimbabwe

>if you're lucky enough to get pokerus,
"trade with random user" takes 3 minutes.

>female

>fuck playing the game

Carried that team, too.

it was a live challenge run on /vp/, hence the names

Wow, what a shitty shiny. Whismur looked better. Exploud should have been black or red.

Also
>Tropius
nice my man, underappreciated Poké

I like shiny loudred, but yeah, exploud's default is better.

jokes on you, they are all genned

I want to breed for more shinies but it kills me when you do get a shiny but the IV's aren't perfect. Fucking Scyther had all perfect IV's except for attack fuck you.

do you at least keep your gens and legits in separate boxes?

that's going to be fixed in SM, you'll be able to modify the ivs once the mon hits level 100

I've played the games since I was a baby boy. I played Red on release and have played every game since (Im now 23)

I've run into a shiny once in my life. It was a shiny Kangashan in Safari Zone and it ran on the first turn.

Injected are in a different box, these are bred/soft reset/events/random trades

Only randomly encounted ones are Braviary in gen 6, and Medicham in plat

It's limited in that you need to exchange an item to an NPC to do it but it's still a tremendous boon

It's mostly for old shinies and legendaries. Breeding's probably going to be faster, but being able to fix a pokemon is something that should have been done long ago

>Leto

MOM'S

yeah I wanna fuck pokemon too.

I wonder if I should bother fixing my trained Gardevoir from Pearl
Apparently I lucked out and got max SpAtk IVs but everything else is lacking (I never bothered with IVs, ever).
I could do it but then I wouldn't be able to use it in certain situations since she's from an older gen

Why does this have 51 replies

autist don't like change and will keep using it for years

Why are the flames blue?

why does this get so many replies

You nasty motherfucker, you took this pic on the toilet with your pants off didn't you?

I've played since gen III (filled the pokedex in that one but have been playing more casually since) and have never seen one either.

AFTER 25986 ENCOUNTERS

I FINALLY GOT IT

>Trying to catch a bunch of different natured Ralts with synchronise ability
>End up catching Pokerus as well
>mfw

why is this getting so many replies?

I never even finished any pokemon game and I played all of them.
This gane takes too much time.

My first shiny was in x and it was a floette, gave to my friend when he went away.

Attack your partner's Kadabra and hope you kill it before it can kill the Zubat. Then beat the Onix and it's all yours.

pull your pants up you sick fuck

Caught a Scraggy in a horde encounter in X, in my first Scraggy encounter. I was probably only a few hours in. Needless to say, it became a part of my team for the entirety of the playthrough.

No joke, I'm pretty jelly.

I though it was a table.

I have a pokemon

Prove it, fucker

no you'll steal it

well I don't believe you either

MODS MODS MODS

only ever seen 1 shiny a mankey when playing Fire Red
killed it and caught a normal mankey, i cant be fucked with having 1 shiny it's either all or none and i'll be fucking damned if im catching every shiny

I used to shiny hunt on Platinum with the radar
I would get a chain to 40 and then keep going by only encountering shinies until 80 or until i ran out of Max Repels, this could take days too
Good times

This thread has been going for like a day and only has 350 posts or so

Is Cred Forums dying?

Hopefully, yes.

>end up killing it in one hit

SHINY.

Me neither. Didn't know they were a thing until I stopped caring.

jesus

I have played every single gen, and put at least a hundred hours in every single Pokemon game I've played.

I've also played a TON of romhacks, like BlazeBlack, etc.

I have never, EVER seen a shiny in the wild.
I hate fucking everything.

This is fake right
Dont get my hopes up user

I've got probably over 600 hours across gen 1-3 and I've never even seen a shiny come out of the egg you get at the start of gen 2, which is supposed to be like a 25% chance.

If your shiny pokemon evolves, does it become the shiny version of that evolution?

Aka shiny ponyta evolving into shiny rapidash?

yes

That was quick, thanks for the answer

threadly reminder that all forms of collaboration and questioning is spoonfeeding

reminder if you don't go out into the field and do your own research from scratch to figure out things people have already known for thousands of years you're the problem with Cred Forums

>le Cred Forums is a seckret club mentality
Fuck off faggot. Meme explaining has been around for fucking years. Why sites like Know Your Meme exist LITERALLY to spoonfeed people these exact things, who gives a shit if someone in some thread on Cred Forums does it himself?

Shit I guarantee 90% of the users on this board first learned what oldfag memes meant through Encyclopedia Dramatica. Just fuck off.

My first shiny was caught when I was collecting wings on the train bridge in Black.

>Buy oras

I found a shiny caterpie in Silver once
and a shiny tangela in soul silver
that's it though

>not logging at least 1000 shiny attempts per day while operating multiple GBAs

>be 7 years old
>Playing Gold first time
>See shiny nidoran female
>didn't bother the symbol
>capture and name it as if it was a male nidoran
>Play the game with a trans nidorina for ages
>Finally evolve it
>Why the fuck is my nidoking green
>fuck
>why does it have boobs
>shit that's not nidoking
>shit god dammit charles you a girl fuck
>fuck
>rename her to olivia

Pretty sure I saw a shiny Spinda in GBA Ruby but KO'd it instantly because I ran out of repels and kept running into these fuckers over and over again.

>attacking a shiny
the fug

>be 12 years old
>trying to catch chansey in silver since I didn't have a link cable
>farming in the patch near fuschia
>find a shiny hoppip
>OH FUCK.png
>it flees
>FUUUUUUUUUUCK.png
>continue searching for chansey
>find ANOTHER SHINY HOPPIP
>manage to catch it
>STILL don't find a chansey for another half hour

>you have to be a fan of something if you want to post something from it

this is your logic

>getting a shiny when IV breeding
Feels good

>finally encounter a shiny
>its one of the ones that barely looks different at all
>you wouldnt even notice its a shiny if it didn't play that sparkle animation

>just caught 2, TWO shiny nidoran while searching for a single fucking reckless starly
>theyre both poison point
>still no starly
i want to die right now

I was breeding pokemon to complete my pokedex in ORAS, only played Blue, X, and OR, but I randomly ran into the grass and found a shiny zigzagoon. traded it for a hacked shiny jirachi

I've played over 300 hours in each generation pokemon game and the only shiny I seen was a clarify in pokemon silver

>tfw shiny gen 5 starters

>Tfw have two arceus'
>wanted a shiny typhlosion
>can't even trade event mon on the gts
Fug
I just want that pink bastard

Lurk moar culture is good though.

>Persian
>Garchomp
>Pikachu
>Articuno
>blaziken
>leavany
>simisear
>regice
>Carracosta
>Zekrom

>spend 4 hours farming chanseys for a lucky egg in leaf green
>when I check the PC box after catching a dozen or so I have two lucky eggs
>get so excited I drop my gameboy (I was laying down sideways on the couch)
>the game freezes

>Playing Crystal
>Go into that Team Rocket base area
>one of the traps is voltorbs
>blue voltorb pops out
>Catch it
>Know nothing about shinies so I don't know if it will stay shiny if I evolve it so I just never do, but I keep it in my party anyway

>go back to the game years later, save in the cartridge is dead

Are shiny pokemon a big deal anymore?

Weren't they always ruined by fags using Pokesav who could generate a full team of perfect IV/EV shiny legendaries?

I've only had one shiny, it was a shiny Eleckid that hatched from the egg prof. Birch gives you.

>A shiny Electabuzz is only slightly more orange.
Still don't know how I feel to this day.

Not as big a deal anymore since promotions started distributing them and XY changed the algorithm to make them easier to obtain.

>tfw you finally get a shiny combee in Gen V
>tfw its male

>I got a legit shiny wonder traded to me
No one would wonder trade a legit shiny.

When will shinies be in pokemon go?

>tfw THERE IT IS
>tfw Prinsir fled

who is your friend?

wtf? I hate piccolo now

>Play since gen 1
>Never, ever see a notGyarados shiny
>Suddenly get a shiny Magby and Zorua in X and Spinarak in that Emerald 386 romhack in the span of a couple days.

What the fuck.

what should i name this little bastard

(you)

Dimentio

Not that bad an idea

Serious question: How do you know the Pokemon is shiney if you don't know what the pokemon is naturally supposed to look like?

I've only played Gen 1 but am eating up the hype for Moon and Sun. So, with all these new Pokemon, how do I know if I have a one in a million Pokemon in front of me?

Two of my first as well. Luckiest was meditite on my first Y run. Got him in the short bit of zubat roost while running through. Later I chain fished a poliwhirl for the toad.

It sparkles when it appears.

>Not autistically playing the game for 3k+ hours hunting shiny pokemon

Me
Most of these were MM'd

I'm currently soft resetting for that delicious purple regigigas in or/as.

it's taking forever though

Sparkle animation when it appears, and a star symbol on its status screen.