He "boycotts" game publishers

>he "boycotts" game publishers

If I see a game that I want I will buy it. Moral stances on video game companies is unbelievably pants on head retarded.

shut it dweeb

>I only ask for empathy when I'm being attacked, but I don't give people the benefit of the doubt, and I think social media empathy is the same thing as real empathy
Not more retarded than this.

This

These companies depend on me to be impartial when deciding to vote with my wallet so that they can then proceed and pander to other demographics that do care about these things to widden their profit margins

But maybe I don't want the game because of shit the publisher or dev has pulled

It takes a lot, and I mean an absolute fuck ton to get me to "boycott" your games. There's only two companies I refuse to buy from, and that's Ubisoft and Blizzard.

Blizzard is on my permanent list simply due to the fact that they believe they can boss their fans around by telling them what they do and don't want.

Ubisoft can rectify their problem by getting rid of Uplay.

Other than these two, I feel exactly the same way as you do, OP. Mostly in particular, I think it's hilariously sad that people think people's personal political opinions are a good reason to not buy their games.

>Moral stances on video game companies is unbelievably pants on head retarded.
tell that to the ESRB
or Jack Thompson
or the parents who so much as believe that video games can give computers viruses
wait till this generation runs the world then we can have a more lax stance on things
until then ignorance reigns

You're overstating it. If a company has shitty practices and consistently makes buggy games or some such shit, then i am not interested in the shit they produce. Nothing moral about it.

>You think you do, but you don't

Except for the fact that they're absolutely fucking right. I can personally guarantee you that if that WoW private server had a server upkeep cost of fifteen dollars per month like regular WoW then it would've had around .5% of the population that it had at its peak. The only reason people flocked to Nostralus was that it was free. Yeah WoD was shit, but Legion as an expansion is fucking great and bringing in just as many people as the expansions before it. If Blizzard put out a brand spanking new Legacy server you could try out for even five dollars more per month on your regular subscription everybody would flock to play it then immediately get the fuck out because of the QoL improvements they put in, because the new expansion is better than vanilla/TBC WoW in literally every possible way.

>buying EA games
If you do you hate video games.

>Except for the fact that they're absolutely fucking right.

I don't even play WoW, and have never touched WoW in my entire life. Thinking you can tell your customer what they do and don't want is PR suicide.

You may think you want my money, Blizzard, but trust me, you don't.

>boycotting has to have a moral basis
I don't touch any game made by Hi-rez studios or Uber Entertainment because they abandon every game they touch within a few years and let it stagnate, never fixing issues until it's far too late.
>Tribes for Hi
>Monday Night Combat and SMNC for Uber
>Bonus "fuck you" points to Uber for the bullshit with finishing Planetary Annihilation with like 2/3 of promised features and starting a Kickstarter for another RTS SAME DAY

Abandon their online-only games I should amend.

>i learned everything i needed to know on Cred Forums

You should make your own desicions and not fully belive others, especially on here

>it's hilariously sad that people think people's personal political opinions are a good reason to not buy their games.
totaly agree , people that do that are ridiculous

a developer should be free to say whatever they want without that having any repercussions on their professional career

Nice blogpost.

What the fuck are you talking about, you fucking moron?

I don't care about WoW or Nostalrius, you brought them up, not me. I don't give a single shit about WoW. I don't know a single fucking thing about WoW. But when demand for something is there, and instead of obliging and testing the waters with said product, they just straight up tell their fans that no, they don't want it.

There's a difference between testing said demand and showing and proving with numbers that there isn't sufficient demand. It's another thing to hide all numbers, never test anything, cover your ears and ignore everything.

Why is this so hard for you to understand.

>EA boycotting will never work because casuals turn every one of their games into million+ sellers

The closest we ever got was april 2012.

>I am retarded and also have shit taste and don't care if I'm fucked in the ass by corporations

Nice thread champ.

Fun fact, EA, while it turns almost all it touches to pure shit, the Plants Versus Zombies games by Popcap have remained pure.
And thriving, it doesn't make sense.

This is the mindset that caused Blizzard to lose Dota.
A losers mindset.

>WHY DID YOU SHUT DOWN THAT LEGACY SERVER?
>Because it was letting you play free WoW.
>WE ONLY DID THAT BECAUSE WE DON'T LIKE HOW WoW IS NOW! TOTALLY NOT THE FACT THAT IT'S FIFTEEN DOLLARS A MONTH!
>Okay, well how about you guys set up a petition and we can gauge interest on how many people would like to see a Legacy Server
>BOY THAT'S EASY! ALRIGHT BOYS, LET'S SHOW EM THAT WE MEAN BUSINESS!
>September 22, 2016: 272k people signed
>YEAH, TAKE THAT BLIZZARD! WE'VE GOT ALMOST 275K PEOPLE WHO WANT A LEGACY SERVER!
>At the lowest possible estimates we had around 6 million people playing WoW at the end of Draenor, our worst expansion. And who knows how many people jumped back in for Legion?. While 275,000 people is impressive, it's not really much of a commitment to just sign a petition which takes thirty seconds and is free. It just doesn't make sense for us to set up legacy servers for such a small playerbase, especially considering the fact that we'll have to make at least three servers for US, EU and East Asia.
>S-SHUT UP! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT WE WANT!

stay strong brother
I havent given money to ea this decade and it's always been a good thing whenever the temptation was there

It's not about morality you dumbfuck. Certain publishers will take advantage of you at the drop of a hat, why would you give them an inch? It's about protecting yourself and not enabling those who would harm you to continue doing so.

>That
>2nd all caps line
Some people really do like vanilla.
>Last line
Glad to see Cred Forums is as biased as ever.

Different level of publisher contamination. EA dont immediately grab devs by the balls and threaten to kill their families if they fail to comply. These things are a gradual process and take time.

>Buying games

>EA
Look, I'm no EA fanboy but they are far from the worst gaming company. Yeah, they are greedy but I'd rather pay a little more than pay and be outright lied to.

What does EA even make anymore that's even worth a shit? The last game I bought that was published by them was fucking Henry Hatsworth and that game existing in the first place is a fucking anomaly.

Give a good example as to who is worse and I can name 5 more for EA.

>havent bought a new Capcom game in years
>Now Konami is on my list
They didnt have to start being shit, but they did

Whats a worse company?

No that's dumb. If you present yourself as the/a face of X project, and said project is not political in nature, posting political opinions on that public, promotional forum damages your brand and taints the project you worked on. Creators need to stop treating their status as creators as celebrity and stop doing this cult of personality shit.

>not wanting to take a dick up your ass from publishers is pants on head retarded

Whatever you say, Binyamin.

this

Uber Entertainment
>Abandoned SMNC after the community made a wide variety of useful suggestions
>After promising their new game Planetary Annihilation would never go on sale on Steam before release, it went on a 25% off sale in Beta
>Tried to abandon Planetary Annihilation for Human Resources the day of its release (it failed and they came crawling back)
>Then released a new "complete" edition of Planetary Annihilation some time later than Kickstarter backers or prior owners didn't even get a discount on let alone a copy of

>Except for the fact that they're absolutely fucking right

Fuck off Blizz drone, I know what I fucking want.
I don't want to play a glorified facebook game where you stand in your garrison all day.
I don't want to play a game where the leveling experience has been shelved so hard they have to give away free level boosts with the expansion.
I don't want to play a game where heirloom gear exists.
I don't want to play a game with playable pandas and worgen.
I don't want to play a game with tauren paladins.
I don't want to play a game where the Alliance have shamen and the Horde have paladins.

What I want to play is vanilla WoW, you brain-dead cunt.

>but Legion as an expansion is fucking great

You almost fooled me, but then all of what you typed fell apart at this point.

Chances are people boycot publishers because they publish shit games

Don't forget about loadout

>fuck over the pc version for the ps4 version and then left to rot

I don't boycott specific companies. It's dumb. BUT at the same time there is a list of companies I try to be wary about.
For instance EA, Capcom, Konami, Sony.
I can even buy some of their games but I'll try to be double sure before purchasing one of their titles or, if I do purchase them, I may do it when they are on sale/used.
It's not a personal vendetta against those specific companies. But those companies did some stuff in the past that really annoyed me and I won't ever give them money without thinking twice.

Yeah, they are pretty much the worst company. At least, amongst the biggest ones. I wouldn't compare EA to smaller companies like Rovio.

Indeed. I feel like some people want to be able to express their opinions and not be vulnerable to backlash. This type of shit reminds me of the whining that "racial-realists" used to do when their YT videos got downvoted several years ago.

Loadout was by Edge of Reality.
But yeah, that's another good example of groups worse than EA.

>What I want to play is vanilla WoW, you brain-dead cunt

You're totally right. You do know what you want. And 275k people agree and know what they want!

Well guess what faggot? Even after WoD's abysmal sub numbers, there're still at LEAST 20 times more people who are willing to play WoW in its current state than you, and that's if every single person on that petition was willing to pay 15 dollars a month and not inflated by people making multiple accounts. You are nothing.

>he thinks boycotts are only about moral issues
Unconscious consumers everyone.

And people who allow bad business trends to continue because they're too much of a beta faggot to show a little self-control or restraint are astoundingly pants on head tater-tarded.

>and not inflated by people making multiple accounts
And where are the number of Subs in modern WoW not inflated by multiple accounts for proper comparison?

Hello Games

I thought PvZ2 was F2P mobile shit?

>people who haven't touched legion

>>he "boycotts" game publishers

I haven't bought, played, tried or every looked at any game by EA ever since they shut down Dawngate.

Why would I if I always run the risk that they'll decide to randomly pull the plug on a game of theirs I enjoy?

>EA
When they tried to convince valve that they needed information on customers that was more than hardware info, valve told them to fuck off. Their response? Remove as many games off of steam as they possibly could and make origin.
They own the right to nearly every major sports to make video games. If you want to make a game based off of football, hockey, basketball, or many others, it's impossible to buy the rights to the players/teams/leagues.
Has been taken to court on many occasions for a range of reasons. Not paying employees. Extreme working conditions. Paying the bare minimum for college players, both basketball and football.
Continues to lead the industry in DLC bullshittery.
Dips their hand into almost every AAA game that they own. Dead space 3 is my favorite example.

If I had to choose between Ubisoft, Activision, or EA then I would pay more and choose EA. Ubisoft games are fucking terrible. Honestly, The Division was a pure garbage and the downgrades blow my mind. Activision is my personal bias just because of Destiny. Straight up fuck Activision.

It is. But you can get literally everything without spending a dime (and that bad of a grind, since you really only need main story plants for most missions, then it's a matter of getting good at Endless mode and doing dailies.[/spoiler]
There's also a fucking trading card game they're making, mobile only (mistake honestly, but whatever, it's really easy to get a viable deck for free, so it's instantly better than Hearthstone)

Where they really shine are their Garden Warfare games.
>Really cartooney 3rd person shooters
>Actually really good too
It's astounding.

Depends on the publisher and what they do.

Some publishers and developers I try to minimize purchases from due to bullshit they have pulled in the past, while there are a couple that are on my permanent shit list that I outright refused to buy from no matter what.

Also boils down to franchises as well. There are some games that I outright refuse to buy because of how the franchise was treated or just not looking all that great.

No it's not. You have their opinion and you have theirs. Don't be such a egotistical cunt.

Sorry to disagree. Both Activision and Ubisoft are pretty shitty. But they aren't nearly as shitty as EA. EA doesn't only make shitty games. They also try to shove political agendas in their games. They also kill an embarassingly big number of talented dev studios. They also stop supporting whole consoles thinking their absence means anything.
And I am sure there are MANY bad things EA did I am missing. As much shitty Ubisoft and Activision are, they aren't nearly as cancerous as EA. At all.

Spore is a far worse crime than Destiny.

Everything surrounding what happened with Spore is pretty shitty but at least it was still, somehow, an alright game at the end. Even if it was a fraction of what it could have been.

Uber Entertainment is pretty much done after that. EA continues to shell out shit games with far overpriced dlc.
>They buy good complains fire off the lead devs then milk them dry before closing them out.
> They try to push deadlines and budgets hard so devs have to cut out content.
>Most of thier games have larger marketing budgets then dev budgest.
>They pay critics to shill thier games. The worst thing is they are getting away from it
The worst thing is that they are starting to influence othere companies to do the same thus changing video game culture.

>Most of thier games have larger marketing budgets then dev budgets
I'm not in any way advocating for EA, but this is a common practice for many AAA games. The reason for games breaking records for budget is because of extreme marketing.

>Most of their games have larger marketing budgets then dev budgest
This has been standard with any game backed by a AAA publisher since the turn of the century.

Pretty much how I compare Destiny. Activision said gut the game and release content over 10 years. Them Bungie make all these wild statements about the vanilla and not even TTK has lived up to what they said the experience would be like BEFORE THE GAME WAS RELEASED. That's fucking insane.

>pic related

Get fucked. I'm not buying another CoD until they fucking stop with the jetpacks.

Spore was so bad Will Wright left maxis. After that all the othere maxis game took a turn for the worse.

>>At the lowest possible estimates we had around 6 million people playing WoW at the end of Draenor

Blizzard's own numbers prove that wrong though.

>boycott Uplay
>Origin gets a pass
>GFWL gets a pass

GFWL doesn't exist any more fagtron

This. A friend of mine was ranting about overwatch pricing on consoles and that he wouldn't buy it. Not a week later he purchased it.

It got rebranded for w10 microsoft games.

Nobody is going to deny WoD was a fucking disaster but Blizzard has admitted that WoW is just a legacy project and not even their main golden goose anymore. Their sub numbers might be at their lowest but their actual stocks are at their highest.
People think they know how a business works, but the reality is they don't.

GFWL's been fuckin dead for a year or two though

Its servers no longer exist but the games were never patched to remove it.

>Using Windows 10

that's kind of the point being made

>These apologetic posts towards EA
Not suspicious at all.

>DX12 will never work on 7
>Vulkan will never catch on

Considering a lot of games still support DX9, I don't think we'll need to worry about NEEDING to use DX12 for a while.

Like always I'll only change my OS when I absolutely have to. Not worth the hassle otherwise.

I agree that Spore was a slap in the face but what's worse is to shit out a terrible game then put out three game expansions. One at almost full price and none of them even brings the game up to pre release gameplay. EA might charge out the ass but at least their games are decent and they don't promise cutting edge with their DLC.
I'm not a marketer. I work at a fucking Dog Kennel. I work hard to spend money on a decent gaming experience but lies and shitting on your loyal fan base is the worst for me.

It's the mindset almost all business have. The only exception is Valve. Almost nobody takes on outside ideas and even if they do they take full control. Icefrog wouldn't be in-charge of Dota if Blizzard took up the game.

Capcom turned down the game splosion man and then had the audacity to make a mobile game similar. Nintendo took an outside idea and slapped kirby on it, which was Kirby's Epic Yarn.

>EA might charge out the ass but at least their games are decent and they don't promise cutting edge with their DLC.

>I don't care about thing! Hear me say how much I don't care about thing! I'll repeat every negative thing I read on Cred Forums of all places because they're the pinnacle of truth and right!

1. There's little point trying to please everybody, because it's impossible.
2. The extreme minority who wants Legacy servers and them only are just that, an extreme minority. 275,000 compared to 6 million is small potatoes, setting up entire servers solely for them isn't worth it.
3. Fanbases never know what they want, because everyone wants something different and will whine and bitch to the heavens when someone else gets what they want.

Listen to the fans when it comes to bugs, technical problems, and things like that. Ignore them when they demand their faction be overpowered or free dildos for all their characters.

>What's worse is to shit out a terrible game then put out three game expansions. One at almost full price and none of them even brings the game up to pre release gameplay.
Your still talking about spore here right? This is litteraly what happen.

Is it a boycott if i just think the games suck ass?

I'd buy EA. gearbox, bioware, nintendo, ubisoft(for honor maybe?) deep silver or activision if they made any games I wanted to play.

Open world tower finder, sports, and unchanging fps franchises aren't compelling.

>If I see a game that I want I will buy it.
OK op. And if I see a game I don't want I don't buy it.
If I see a game that I would not play, I don't demand them to make changes to make me feel better, either.

>setting up entire servers solely for them isn't worth it.

There were already servers, Blizzard shut them down.
If they weren't assholes they would have just worked out a licensing agreement.

Is Square Enix trying to commit suicide or what? Rise of the Tomb Raider didn't sell well due to the staggered release, Just Cause 3 was a flop, Hitman was forced to be episodic, and Deus Ex was cut in half and the devs were forced to add microtransaction which led to a huge backlash. I mean I'm sure they'll make boatloads of money off of FFVII and XV, but their Western IP's aren't doing well. Thief is pretty much dead after the reboot.

Kind of like Nintendo.

Why is literally every Ubisoft game the same game now? Even Ghost Recon is open world now.

FFXIV's initial flop lost them a shitton of money so it seems like they've been doing everything on the cheap and hitting their big FF7 remake emergency button to make some money back again.

But Spore DLC was half the price of Destiny's

The only companies I refuse to buy from are EA and Ubisoft.

EA because they're just an outright piece of shit company that only makes piece of shit games, or turns whatever good franchises they manage to squeeze out into pieces of shit over time.

And Ubisoft is just intense mediocrity that uses pointless shit like UPlay which I want no part of.

t. the 4.4k people that didn't pirate Fedshit Force

>not buying something you don't like is stupid