What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Remember how hyped you were when you first saw this? youtube.com/watch?v=mm4JEZudf0c

Nope, this remains potentially the most ill-advised and fucking retarded thing I've ever seen.

>hyped about an MMO
lol

It bears the telltale markings of a Bioware game, minimal effort and maximum results. Everything about the game felt cheap and souless, nothing was done with creativity or passion. Everything feels like it was made by a DigiPen dropout. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if half of Bioware's staff are DigiPen graduates.

But I suspect for every ten DigiPen grad there's one person at Bioware who is competent their job. EV and EC NiM are some of the best raids I have ever played in an MMO and sometimes I'm taken aback by clever little design choices here and there.

It's sad because in another world I know Bioware could have made a great game.

>One of the most hated mmos that had daily hate/mocking bioware threads on Cred Forums
>Hyped here

You're clearly new here

Fuck off redditor

ToR is great and today its better than ever before
its just, well, dead

I stopped being hyped when dragon age 2 was released

From the first shreds of game footage everyone knew it would just be reskinned world of warcraft.
Ontop of which this was after DA2 and ME2 (maybe ME3?) all of which were shit, and usually Cred Forums is smart enough to decypher a trend like that (except when japanese games are involved, "sure nier sucked ass, but you have no idea how hyped I am for nier 2!)

>Cred Forums
>hyped
>for SWTOR

Fucking brush up on your history you fucking redditors, we have archives for this shit.

>bioware
>ea
>mmo
i want to say it shouldn't have been an mmo, but it still would have been made by ea and bioware. i also want to say it should have been swg2, but... it still would have been made by ea and bioware

shame
this game had some good animations and sound

>Remember how hyped you were when you first saw this?

So fucking what if I'm from reddit?

This is a fucking free board and I can post whatever the fuck I want.

I browsed this board for nearly TWO years so I'm not new you fucking retards.

b8

The only reason I'm hyped for Bioware games nowadays is for the exciting new memes they bring.

@352608810
well said b/r/other, upvoted!

I see bioware still has a shoestring marketing budget in effect.

Nobody was hyped for this game, shill. It was obviously going to be shit the moment eyes were first laid on it.

why didn't they make 4 single player games with that?
fucking EA, i'd even take it if it was like DAI

Because they can't milk single player games with monthly sub

open beta was hilarious, people actually were saying it's just a beta, I mean they were serious
didn't "just a beta" meme started then?

I mean, I thought to myself "this would be a fun opening intro to a proper Knights of the Old Republic 3" but I wouldn't say I was hyped.

how did it work out for them? they still didn't make the money back as far as I know, not to mention real profit
SP games give you at least your money back in 80% of cases
in a decent sales scenario it is about 300% profit
in case of skyrim kind of win it is 1000%

>hyped
>for the game that destroyed the chance of a true KOTOR 3

As far as I know they made a profit, even with the disastrous launch.

nah, what they said after going f2p they started to make money back
they couldn't even sustain it on monthly sub basis

>EA
>Bioware
>MMO
>Hyped

>double lightsabers
>uber mega darth vader
>Jedi darth maul
>Guess who's got the fastest ship in the galaxy? It can't be duel wielding Han Solo can it?
>just gonna add as many lightsabers in as possible
>Matrix slow mos

Holy fuck this is some autistic shit. Literally everything in this trailer is just there because they thought it was cool. This is the creative equivalent of those 90's geo cities sites that were filled with super saiyan goku and vegeta gifs for no fucking reason.

Straight up copypasted World of Warcraft abilities ("BUT THIS MMO ISN'T GONNA BE LIKE ANY YOU'VE PLAYED BEFORE")

Used a prototype indie engine to make their 500 million dollar blockbuster AAA MMORPG because BioWare doesn't actually have any competent programmers of their own.

A Story-based MMO except bioware's writers have become total shit thanks to bioware "writer's workshops" where they hammer all creativity and passion out of their writing staff.

Literally marxist banning of users who were "exploiting" the Auction House.

They actually fell for biodrone's echo chamber droning on about how everyone would pay $15/mo to BioWare for a BioWare MMO.

Being published by EA, who are shit and have the MOST failed MMORPGs of anybody under their belts thanks to EA mismanagement/meddling.

Basically, everything came together in a glorious clusterfuck.

Is one of the most succesful MMORPG in the market right now after it went F2P, only after Tera and WoW.

I remember how all the races were just the same model but with the different skincolours or tentacles on their heads. Absolutley pathetic when you think about World of Warcraft coming out many years before this piece of shit and have vastly different races. It just shows that they gave zero fucks about this game

WoW was itself lazy shit, racially.

EverQuest 2 had diverse races; SW:G, too.
City of Heroes had a robust character creation kit.

WoW had 4 skins4/ haircuts for 10 races, none of which were particularly outside the box (maybe the cow-people were, I guess, but everything else was generic)

True, but only because they removed the mmo component for main quests only and fine polished the rest of the turd.

More enjoyable than wow anyway if that's what you're after.

>Hyped for SWTOR
Fuck off. All of us knew it was going to be shit and we were just waiting for the TORtanic to sink.

Why would you link that goofy shit instead of the Deceived trailer? The Sith cunts fucking shit up is what made everyone go nuts. Are you too young to remember it?