How do you spot a shill?

How do you spot a shill?

dumb frogposter

Easy, they like a game that you don't.

Lurk more and learn the signs.
But also remember the definition of a shill.
>A Developer or someone who works for a game development team/publisher posing as a customer and promoting a game they worked on/with the team of said game
A shill is not
>People discussing the game
No matter how much some Cred Forumstards scream that it is the latter.

this guy is a shill

They keep making the same thread over and over and over and over and over and over again, without changing anything in the post.
Example:

the signs can easily be disregarded as a troll or an idiot/misinformed person

what are some ACTUAL 100% shill signs

Posts frogs.
Dares to talk positively about games I dislike.

how do you know he isn't just shit-posting persistently? when does the shit end and the shill begin?

There are none. Literally anything posted here, even my posts, could be disregarded as a troll/idiot/misinformed.

Most of the Witcher 3 threads on Cred Forums are made by shills.

I'll use an example
Scot, the guy who made fnaf just to make is a cunt
If you liked the first game fine
BUT if you supported his milking a decent game to a point where it should be outlawed, you're a shill

whats mlp

Just enter any Witcher 3 thread and behold the shills at work. They'll often use the term "GOTY 10/10" or "immershun"

user there are no shills on Cred Forums stop being paranoid

check out the WoW shilling threads
they demonstrate some obvious signs on how to spot a shill

It's a place shills tell you to go. Don't fall for it.

On a serious note, Cred Forums does exaggerate the number of shills. Of course there are shills here, but not literally every game has a shill squad on Cred Forums.

So I'm just grabbing at straws in the dark? I can't actually trust anything Cred Forums says?

Is this guy a shill?

He posts the same 3 webms of Nioh in every Dark souls thread.

Any Blizzard thread is a shill thread. Actual gamers don't play casual cash-grab garbage.

They just spam these threads with info that is questionable at best or wrong at worst

there's probably some truth to that. it's kinda weird that overwatch still has several threads up at all times. Cred Forums must really love that game

You don't

shut up shillfag

kill yourself frog/ponyfucker

What DO actual gamers play?

0-3 play on console
4-6 play on PC
7-9 fap and funpost on Cred Forums
0 get off the internet and start fixing my life
00 play sudoku

You'll know when you see one (or at least a shitposter/fanboy imitating one).

The only games I think might have genuine shills behind them this month are Horizon Zero Dawn and Metal Gear Survive.

Dota 2, CS:GO, Witcher 3, Dark Souls, Shin Megami Tensei the Dark Souls of Persona games, actual hard games.

what's the point of this thread?

>DOTA 2
Found the shill!

>playing arcade memesport games like Dota 2 and CSGO in 2016

Any: Gearbox, Activision, Valve threads, you can safely assume they're shills, 99% chance.

>he doesn't know how to identify shills
I wish summer would leave

You can't spot us.

2k mmr shitter detected.

ezm8 if they like a game you don't they're a shill

this

>EA shills here.
Cred Forums wants to think this is still an underground site it's not.

You can't.

just like you can't spot a fly

Why do memes make shills mad?

It's funny because Andromeda itself came out and said that this was one epic trole that the whole of Cred Forums lapped up
Never believe a tripfriend

A common way is that they use words commonly used in advertising, such as inspiring, game-changing, and revolutionary. Not to say these words are taboo but it makes me pretty suspicious.
Also sometimes they post links to promotions, make posts similar to accounts on SM used to promote a game, etc.

However, they are not always positive towards the product, sometimes they intentionally insult it in an effort to attract people to defend it.
Good luck OP, it could be anyone

I'm a marketer but I don't work for any gaming companies. Shills on here are probably going to be more "real" than shills on somewhere like Amazon because to know to market here means you probably are from here. Also, the shilling here is probably similar to that of youtubers who are sponsored. So look out for:

>threads posted daily or every other hour with the same image/message
>marketing buzzwords or keywords to describe the game (i.e. "see what I like about the new Zelda is that it will have an open world experience and allow you to customize your character")
>posts that act like they shit on a game but really are promoting it (i.e. "the graphics of the new Zelda look potato-tier but I'm probably going to get it because of the open world experience and it's cool that you can do things like craft items")
>promoting free shit and mentioning new things in games that aren't as new
>samefagging to create illusion of popularity and acceptance

The fun part about video game culture and even mobile device culture is that there is an extremely strong loyalty factor so companies can rely on the customers to shill their products for them. Because of this, the marketers most likely fit in more than you think and are harder to detect unless they suck.

>Marketing is what you do when your product is no good
This is the stupidest comment I've ever seen. Saying to your friend "hey I have a few used games to sell, do you wanna buy one?" is marketing just as a massive advertising campaign is marketing. Marketing is used to get your target audience to become aware of your product and have a desire to have it in their lives. It isn't for bad products, it is for all products and services.

If you hear buttfuck all about a game here in months prior to release, but then day 1 there's 7 threads up constantly? It's probably a shill thread.

If you see someone talking about a game you do t like or have no interest in, 100% it's a shill.

Reminder that the world revolves around (you).

Basically, you need to find out about the game and do your research before you listen to some random fuck.

ill bet the fuking audience ate it oo

There are no shills on Cred Forums

But aside from that, I cannot stop playing Fallout 4!

who is this?

is this thread vidya?

Where could i watch this

Jack

hey you go build a 4k pc

as far a Cred Forums is concerned, it's someone talking about a game you don't like.

whats wrong with it?

It's really unfortunate to the world at large this greasy piece of shit hasn't succumbed to food poisoning or salmonella or some shit yet. I don't even cook well and this pisses me off.

His cooking is generally bad and not appetizing, but I don't think it's unsafe

nothing user

>hamburger
>blood oozing out

holy shit this can't be safe

hello shills

if someone is talking about a game you dont like, they are a shill

nothing wrong with some juicy food

Chicken cooked rare is unsafe

>posting racist memes

Cred Forums degenerates.

Is that supposed to be pulled pork?

>crying Cred Forums needlessly
Cred Forums false flag

jesus christ does that meat need to go back in the oven. if you cant shred it with just some simple tongs you arent doing it right

Oh boy it's fucking Jack-time.

he claims that he enjoys video games

you don't like pulled pork?
are corn dogs better?

>Cred Forums gets 22 million unique users a month
>Cred Forums is one of the busiest boards
>companies wouldnt want to advertise for free here

your a moron

How can you be this bad at cooking?

it's usually every 4th thread

>22 million unique users a month
bullshit

Is a thread overly praising a soon to release or newly released game?
If yes, how many IPs are posting in the thread?
If the post to IP ratio doesn't reasonably match up, you've found yourself a shill.

Especially when you have the internet at your goddamn fingertips like 90% of the time with how ubiquitous smartphones are now. There is literally no excuse for being ignorant on how to cook simple shit.

>nice reddit meme.

There might be shills but there are also retards pretending to be shills that attract real shills.

oh my god what is pouring out of that taco?

wait, thats not even oil in the pan? wtf?

also, i work in a kitchen and shred 40 pound pork butts for a living.

you don't like it?

There are also "buyers remorse" shills

We get a lot of those

the last Q and A moot mentioned it. this does go for all of Cred Forums and not a specific board but still, to think companies wouldnt want to advertise for free and have autists pick it up and then advertise for you is retardation.

>how do you know he isn't just shit-posting persistently?

Personally I don't give a fuck which it is, both are sufficient reasons to disregard him.

Read 'users' as 'IP's
Many people get a new IP every 24h

maybe "hype shill" or "hype tool" would be a better term to use

It almost always ends in buyers remorse however, so maybe mencing words is unnecessary

They often always have the same OP pictures posted over and over again, often the logo of a game. (Like the Legion or Battlerite threads) and people will defend the games like it's the second coming of Jesus no matter how bad the game really is..like Legion.

DUMB DUMB FROG POSTER POSTER

If someone likes specific game they're shills.

sony is constantly shilling here

if you see someone posting pro-sony shit after NMS and the PS4Pro announcement it's probably a shill

your playstation would have to be the only thing keeping you from suicide if you're genuinely sonyfagging right now

s-sauce?