Why doesn't the xbox one get anyJRPGs?

The only upcoming one I can think of is final fantasy. the 360 had some good exclusive ones.

>Why doesn't the xbox one get anyJRPGs?
Check how many Xboxes were sold in Japland and think about that.

Because no console since the 3DO/Jaguar-era ever sold as poorly in Japan as Xbox One.

This

But make no mistake. It isn't because of how shit the Xbox One may or may not be. It's because of how nationalistic Japan is. Very few things from other countries do well there. I guarantee any other country could make a console and they wouldn't buy it

The only thing I'm aware of that does well over there from other media is some Hollywood movies, some western music, the iPhone and Windows OS.

>the iPhone
Didn't check for a while but first iPhones had really shitty, lukewarm at best reception in Japan.
Their feature and smart phones were miles ahead and iPhone didn't really have something groundbreaking to offer besides being a tech jewellery.

don't forget about mcdonalds

Don't forget RWBY

Because the Japanese where trying their absolute hardest to make the 360 a thing there. Sony seemed like a lost hope after 599 US DORRU and nintendo wasnt going to chase a core market,

and Sega :^)

Japan is becoming more and more mobile dominated . That's why you see the Vita and 3DS getting so many JRPGS.

Believe me if Persona 5 could have been a Vita exclusive Atlus would have done it.

All japs do is ride subways.

>Mistwalker Studios is doing only mobile shit now
There is no justice in this world

I owned a 360 last gen (and still do) and I'll tell you why the Xbone isn't getting JRPGS.

>the 360 had some good exclusive ones.
Sure but remember.

>Lost Odyssey
Nobody played it and it got average reviews. (I liked it.)
>Blue Dragon
Toriyama's art was nice but the rest of the game was garbage
>Infinite Undiscovery
Nobody played it, got average reviews
>Tales of Vesperia
Came around too late to do anything and on a system where the Tales series hasn't really been before. As a result it flew under the radar.

The 360 tried their hand at JRPG exclusives but nobody wanted them. They wanted more Halo and more CoD. And look what we got as a result.

A few reasons.

All of those 360 exclusives were MS paying for them to be on their platform / timed.

After that JP devs went to PS because it's more popular in JP.

This gen console JRPGs are not financially possible outside of FF AAA, or ultra niche Neptunia.

Sony is currently paying JP devs to make games exclusive to PS4. Disgaea 5 for example would have been Vita any other day, but Sony paid to have it just for PS4 to sell consoles in JP.

So basically console JRPG makers don't really exist, and the ones that do often just stick to their home territory. Most are afraid that it wouldn't be worth the small investment of porting it to Xbone or WiiU for just NA/EU territory. And maybe they are right.

To lastly expand on this, the NX is the last hope of JRPGs being on consoles. If the NX is a home/portable hybrid, it means we would be getting console ones, albeit technically them being made for the portable aspect in mind. Maybe if NX is a success, JP devs will realize there is an audience in NA/EU for console JRPGs.

>NX is the last hope
So we're doomed, then.

Possibly. At this point anyone who wants good games needs to just look at the older gens.

Because "Hey guys! let's put jrpgs on a console for literal retards!" that worked so well for the 360

Putting jrpgs on a system for people who didnt even want to own the system, same for the cave games that ended up on it.

This entire post is just memes and shitposting. Thanks Cred Forums. Now call me some Cred Forums approved buzzword of the month and get the fuck out.

They failed on 360 and they'll fail again on Xbone. Xbox is where Japanese games go to die. Just ask that dumbass swery.

>blue dragon was garbage

I personally loved it but I can see why someone wouldn't

>that dumbass Swery
Extinction was a PS2 game, Deadly Premonition is multiplat, and D4 is multiplat. What are you on about?

This was meant for op

because it's a niche market. why would they waste money on games that maybe 1% or less of the user base would buy? sony have at least some incentive because of their popularity in japan but even then, barely any japs buy those shitty jrpg's as they'd rather play mario on their 3ds.

jrps and jap games in general are shitty anyway and that's easy to see by looking at the rabid fanbase associated with it. if it was up to me i'd ban them all from my platform. get rid of these jap bumlicks and weebshits once and for all.

Again, nothing but memes and shitposting. Cred Forums is incapable of having a regular conversation anymore. It's all memes and shitposting.

D4 was Xbone exclusive for 9 months until it got ported to PC. By then nobody cared.

What the fuck is that armor. How does it make sense? Is he an android since he doesn't seem to be bothered by metal plates digging into his bare fucking skin?

Get fucked Blue Dragon was better than Lost Odyssey

You forgot Last Remnant which was complete dogshit

>making blanket statements like nobody cared

Nobody cared because it was a short as fuck visual novel that was mired in technical problems and my PC couldn't run it despite running more recent AAA games like Witcher or MGSV on max settings. I googled it and it turns out the PC port was horribly optimized.

Lack of interest wasn't the problem, technical issues and the fact that we never got season 2 or whatever it was going to be called was the problem. Someone made half a game with glaring technical issues and never went back to it. That's why D4 failed.

Because the xbone isn't a console for pathetic weeb manchildren.

>NX is the last hope of JRPGs being on consoles
Nintendo hardly gives a fuck for home console JRPGs, it's over

Microsoft got devs to give them a chance during the 360 era. The interest just isn't there.

except i'm not. weebshits need to be wiped out.

Consoles are dying in Japan, I'm guessing Sony pays for shit to come on the PS4 because I'd imagine most devs would rather just make everything a Vita exclusives.

>the 360 had some good exclusive ones.
They also money hat for them. Microsoft realized trying to capture a dying Japanese market isn't worth the trouble.

Cuz nippons don't like to acknowledge the existence of the Xbox.

>It's because of how nationalistic Japan is.
That is definitely a factor, but it doesn't provide a holistic picture. Japanese people do after all love throwing money at German cars, "American" smartphones, Australian beef, etc.

Microsoft seriously fucked up pitch of the original Xbox to the Japanese game industry at TGS 2001. They basically explained what it was and that it was going to be "the best console ever" in a very publicity marketing for the journalists sort of way, but they never gave any information a room of 4000 corporate men wearing suits and important development staff actually cared about.

They wanted to know the Xbox paradigm, technical specifications, how to market it, and how it could generate them money. There were several smaller conferences that followed where Microsoft repeated their mistake.

The Japanese game industry's expectation wasn't that the Xbox would flop in Japan. It was that it would flop everywhere. They didn't get what they needed to be convinced that investing time, money, and manpower into making games for it would ever be profitable anywhere.

They thought it was another Dreamcast, but this time the Dreamcast was coming from overseas from a newcomer to the console business, making it even more risky to make games for.

As a result the only Japanese Xbox/360 games were either ports of another game with the expectation that the Xbox version would do OK in the West, or games published by a western company for distribution in the west by a freelance or subsidiary developer in Japan. There weren't very many of them.

Microsoft's policy on failed marketing projects over the past 5 years has been "if it ain't working just pretend it never happened". Which is evidently what happened to the Xbox One. They simply tryed to avoid falling for the sunk cost fallacy for the 3rd time in a row by not trying at all.

I don't think the Xbone even got a TV ad in Japan.