What the actual fuck is this game? Is it want to be Dead Space or Red Faction Armageddon which wants to be dead space...

What the actual fuck is this game? Is it want to be Dead Space or Red Faction Armageddon which wants to be dead space? How do you even make this garbage after game like LP2?

They got Americans to develop it

LP3 was developed to be as Western AAA game as possible.

Meanwhile another LP3 was developed to be as Japanese as possible.

Honestly i am kinda pissed off we didn't get ex troopers.
But the amount of highscholl anime and Jpop kinda makes sense why capcom thinks it may not appeal to westerners.
I also didn't hate LP3 it had some decent elements.
Although i did have nothing better to play at the time.

>LP3 was developed to be as Western AAA game as possible.

>Meanwhile another LP3 was developed to be as Japanese as possible.

That's why we can't have nice things. Both are shit.
LP2 just hit the right spots

ace combat quadrology hits all the right spots as well. hopefully 7 turns out good.

>LP2 hit the right spots

According to american game reviewers, it apparantly didn't, so much citing of how it didn't control like gears of war and constant bitching about how the AI teammates didn't really help you.

Also you couldn't possibly have these motherfuckers in it today because "DAT'S RACIST"

I'm beyond mad at this le spooky aliens shit. Good news that dev studio was closed in 2015.

Racist against who? Kamen Rider villains? Pyramid Head?

Space mexicans.

>Both are shit.

At least EX trooper was still a game at it's core and not a cinematic "experience"

I think the saddest part is, Lost Planet 3 could have been a genuinely good game if they had just improved the combat to be LP2-tier.

So many games feel awful to play just because of the shallow combat. I desperately hope that this trend doesn't continue, because I can't fucking stand games with monotonous, oversimplified combat.

LP3 had good writing, good atmosphere, interesting mech usage, good graphics with fully dynamic shadows, etc. But the combat was massively oversimplified for a TPS.

I miss LP2.

Then just play it?

Is the online still active?

Um user...

This, neither game is a true Lost Planet sequel. The Western one plays like generic third person shooter, and the Eastern one plays like a MonHun kind of game.

Fuck Capcom, and fuck LP3. LP 1 and 2 are some of my favorite games ever. Shame we will never see a third on MT Framework, or hell imagine Phanta Rhei engine.

Reviews were fair. 2 had a lot of problems, and horrible balance. The game could have had more polish. Still GOAT if you get used to it.

All this. had potential. but i especially hated the lumbering boring travel required to move around the map. gave up quickly on collecting all the extra shit

I WANT TO SEE THOSE WINGS COMING OFF!

>Eastern one plays like monster hunter

Ok, LP2 kind of has recognizable control schemes to monster hunter in how you move around and are tied down to animations, but that's really about it.

And you sure as fuck aren't talking about Ex Troopers.

>352619756
>the lumbering boring travel
Fuck man, that would have been such an easy fix, just code in jet boosts that drain energy or something. And for the combat, imagine if they improved it to be like Vanquish or Max Payne. They could have kept the same exact enemies/bosses and simply made them more challenging to compensate.

Fuck man, it could have been a 9/10 instead of a 6/10.

I enjoyed Lost Planet 1 quite a bit, still replay it from time to time this day. Boy was I excited when 3 was announced and that it was going to try it's hand at being creepy. LP was originally going to have kind of survival horror elements.

Boy what a let down.

Depends where you're playing it at.
Can't say anything about xbox, there's probably still players on PS3, and there's constantly games running on PC