Is HighRez the scummiest company on the planet?

Is HighRez the scummiest company on the planet?

>killed tribes
>chests & gambling with a 0,0001% chance to get the skin you want
>stole everything from OVERWATCH and.....

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Izos11q1UZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

other games

I will never forgive them for killing Tribes. The fuckers had absolute gold in their hands and they ruined it. How fucking inept can you be?

youtube.com/watch?v=Izos11q1UZg

No Blizzard is for their jewy pricing scheme.
$40 for a Moba fps full of microtransactions that never goes on sale.

What the fuck is that?

>Got really into GA, HR murdered it
>Got really into TA, HR murdered it
I'm actually having a lot of fun with Paladins, but I refuse to spend a cent on it after getting burned twice.

5 years later and I'm still furious about GA, and I'll probably never get over it.

That's Ash Ketchum and his Pikachu, obviously.

Who cares about this? Why even bother playing it?

Please don't bring up painful memories.

To be fair, Tribes is immensely inaccessible due to its high skill floor, speed, and veteran userbase.

After what they did to Tribes...fuck

>to be fair
Fuck off. The game is easy to learn, but extremely difficult to master. Git fucking gud.

Im having fun with paladins so... I couldn´t care less really?

>Paladins gives you your shitty loot box scheme for free
>Blizzard charges you $40

Really fires some neurons.

>hirez
>Killing tribes
That's vivendi user. They bought Sierra and killed the future of videogames in its entirety.

I had no fun with Paladins. The fact how each character's ult kinda clashes with others in such a jarring way really annoys the fuck out of me.
If this is how Overwatch also is then I won't be buying it.

>haven't touched smite in month
>feel like playing it again
>wait a gorillon hours for patches
>finish it
>hirez launcher also installed paladins on my rig without asking me
>even though I have never been to the paladins page

REALLY ? YOU JUST FORCE YOUR SHIT GAME INTO PEOPLE'S COMPUTERS ?

>shitty f2p rip-off made on a tight budget
>if this is like the actual 40 dollar original game I won't buy it
>??????????????

They're borrowing the same concepts and ideas. So it's to be the same you mongoloid. Are you that retarded?

I noticed I had smite too in my program files.

>blizzdrones actually believe overwatch is the original game
Overwatch borrowed a lot from GA and Paladins has more in common with their other IPs GA and Smite than it does overwatch.
Feel free to list whatever you think Paladins stole from Smite and I'll refute your points, if you're willing to listen that is.

>""""""""""""""""""""moba""""""""""""""""""""

You can say whatever you want but the girls in Paladins are top tier.

>rip-off
it was in a closed beta before overwatch was even announced

>moda fps
I don't understand why people refer to overwatch as a moba.

>Overwatch
>Original game

Choose one, user.

tfw Cred Forums is too new to know about titans

Tribes wasn't making any money, and the community rivals Quake for the most fickle and poor of all time. Players have no money, and they bitch about every change, in every single game in the series. So much so that each version of the game has it's own community, and they don't play other versions.

>jewy
>can literally get everything without paying an extra dime
Do you just like to be a bitch made faggot all your life?

Do poorfags not realize no one wants to play your shitty overwatch rip off.

They literally copied abilities and characters from overwatch and only the lowest of poorfags play it

And it completely changed to copy overwatch once it was released

>Stole everything from Overwatch
>Has been around longer than Overwatch
>Blizzard is trying to fight HiRez in court and is having their ass handed to them

Deluded morons, the lot of you. It's called marketing and you swallowed it like the good little cock receptacle you are. It's been in beta for years, and Overwatch is just making you pay for the same shitty waifu hunter.

why is everybody is trigged from this, when nobody cared about all the moba that came out dota not dota 2 corpes

It's not, it's a hero shooter, battelborn & smite are moba fps

thats completely wrong. Overwatch was announced in nov 2014, paladins entered closed beta in nov 2015.

We all knew it was the beginning of the end after 1.3 and the MMO shit content started appearing. They turned a decent TPS into a mediocre TPS/MMO-wannable hybrid and lost both audiences.

Source: My anus.

>Shilling for Overwatch, knowing they have microtransactions as well and still costs $40-$60

Do you want to be Blizzcuck for the rest of yours?

Would it really be that surprising when even their old games are more or less copies of other ideas? Star Craft and Warcraft borrows heavily from the Warhammer Universes for example, to the point where it's almost complete copies like in the case of Space Marines.

To be fair though, Overwatch was announced and revealed characters before Paladin was.

>stole everything from OVERWATCH and.....

TF2 and Battleborn were first. Overwatch has copied TF2 and Battleborn.

>stole everything from OVERWATCH
you can't steal from a thief

Source: Ten minutes of research and I was a closed beta tester for Paladins YEARS ago. Blizzard is just like every other giant scumbag company taking whatever they want. Kinda like Disney, Microsoft and Apple.

> Blizzard loot boxes are 100% cosmetics
> Hi-rez loot boxes contain cards that grant in-game stat buffs

HMMMMM.......

tfw (You) are too stupid to know titan was scrapped and the assets turned into overwatch around 2013 while paladins was in development since 2012

Overwatch has lots of ultimates that synergize well with one another. Movement and shooting just feels a lot better in OW too. You should wait for a free weekend to give it a shot.

A completely original idea you stupid ass.

THIS GAME INSTALLED ITSELF ON MY COMPUTER, I HAVENT AGREED TO ANYTHING I HAVEN'T CHECKED ANY BOX SAYING "PLEASE SHOVE THIS DONUTSTEEL F2PSHIT UP MY ASS WITHOUT ME NOTICING" THIS GAME DOESN'T EVEN APPEAR IN MY STEAM LIBRARY BUT SOMEHOW I HAVE IT INSTALLED

HOW THE FUCK DID THIS HAPPEN

>Dev copies were released 3 years ago
>Had all the shit in it now
>Copied game that came out 3 years later

I'd wager that Blizz actually stole the content during the first closed beta 3 years ago.
Blizz is known for stealing without care and suing for things that don't actually belong to them.

Is Blizzard the scummiest company on the planet?

>killed WoW, Starcrat, Warcraft, Diablo
>chests and gambling with 0.0001% change to get the skin you want
>sues other companies over the tiniest shit like suing Valve over the use of a king of skeletons trope and suing ronimo games over an awesomenauts skin that looked slightly liked a space marine
>stole everything from global agenda and TF2
>stole everything from Dota 2

Shall i play paladins?

For 10 mins??

>awesomenauts skin that looked slightly liked a space marine

On what planet does Blizzard own the concept of a space marine?

Can someone explain to me the whole "Tribes" thing. Only got into videogame stuff a couple years ago and even then its been mostly singleplayer games. What happened?

Reminder that Paladins was supposed to be Global Agenda 2

They are, but they've conditioned autists to believe they can do no wrong and pay off all gaming media so nobody can talk shit about them.

You think anything like the CS:GO gambling scandal will ever happen to Blizzard? Of course not, they are untouchable. Everybody just drinks the kool aid.

look it up

>Hi-Rez makes some hardcoar quake-like game with the movement being like you're skating accross large spans of terrain to complete objectives
>incredibly difficult and skill-based, so it was kind of niche
>they make some changes that people don't like, some crap about p2w
>game got even smaller than before, they stopped updating it because not worth supporting financially anymore
>years later, they bring back a very small team to work on the game now that the company's bigger
>Cred Forums eternally ass-pained over it and doesn't actually care enough to play it anyway
>game remains ded

Basically nobody played it so they stopped messing with it and Cred Forums only played that one 4chins vs reddit tournament and made memes about the game anyways so now that they have a smaller team actually working on it people still refuse to play the game and since nobody plays it they can't get any input as to what changes to make

Overwatch is pretty bad too, and it gets shilled 24/7 here
Be careful, because shills for both Paladins and Overwatch are out on the loose right now. Take everything you read on either games with a grain of salt.

You are trying too hard.

Even if you dislike Blizzard, you cannot deny the fact that without their games that gaming would be different.

WoW changed MMOs,

WC1-2 made rts games less of a chore (like dune)

SC changed RTS,

SC2 made twitch what it is, taking out competitors like ustream in the process

WC3 changed custom games within a game that SC didn't achieve and created MOBAS,

Diablo 1-3 made hack and slash capable of hundreds of hours of playing.

Overmeme showed us that you can take old ideas and remake them and topple even the most mediocre casual game player base numbers (LoL)

Hearthstone and HoTS did what Overmeme did to a lesser extent. Showing quality gets numbers

>Overmeme showed us that you can take old ideas and remake them and topple even the most mediocre casual game player base numbers (LoL)
Overmeme showed the same thing as every Blizzard game: All that matters is the brand name the game's attached to.

And yes, Blizzard did revolutionize gaming, doesn't mean they're not scummy developers now. Same with Valve's games and modern Valve being the kings of microtransactions and making absolutely 0 new titles.

People are just buttmad that Blizzard lives for another year becuase they've been prancing around the fact that WoW is """"dying"""" so that means Blizzard is over and finished.

But then Blizzard did what they do best, which is continue to print money.

Paladins>Ovewatch
prove me wrong

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about

Paladins was always the TF2 ripoff it is today, but after OW was announced they tried to change themselves to be even more different than it already is. Nobody liked anything they tried so they decided to go back to the TF2 ripoff and compete against OW.

fuck outta here blizzdrone

>they changed the gaming industry!
>Without them there wouldn't be as much jewery as there is today!
what a gamechanger, yea

Here's the real deal-breaker question for Paladins / Overwatch.

>Can you forfeit a match that's a curbstomp and just end it without being trolled for an additional 20-80 minutes?

>Can you AFK in spawn if shit's going bad without getting leaver penalties?

I'm not someone who wins games in multiplayer, and I much prefer to stick to singleplayer affairs. However, I'm bored enough to give at least one of these a try.

If things go south and like it inevitably will be I can't make a difference? I tend to just wait for the next game, since there's no way to improve.

Overwatch affected LoL's #s for about 5 minutes.

Not sure about paladins, but for overwatch:

>Can you forfeit a match that's a curbstomp and just end it without being trolled for an additional 20-80 minutes?

No, but if you're getting stomped it won't last very long and the game will auto-queue you with players that have a lower skill rating

>Can you AFK in spawn if shit's going bad without getting leaver penalties?

Not touching the mouse or kb for like 30-45 seconds will kick you with a leaver's penalty.

It sounds like you don't even enjoy multiplayer games. Why do you want to play just to make your teammates lose?

fuck global agenda was so good

Matches in Paladins are 20 minutes max, usually ending between 10 and 15 minutes long.

You can AFK in spawn and wait it out. Horrible steamrolls are very rare.

>It sounds like you don't even enjoy multiplayer games. Why do you want to play just to make your teammates lose?

You'd be correct, in terms of gaming as previously mentioned, I loathe multiplayer. I'd rather blame myself than have my team and the enemy team rain shitstorm over me when things don't go right. (Well, at least in the regard that most multiplayer affairs are team based/need people, these days.)

>Why play just to make your teammates lose?

>New to game
>Shit MM will inevitably give me some MLG douchebag opponent premade while I'm solo with a pub team
>Get trashed, metal plate in my head pings that I'm new to the enemy and they'll just farm me for kills/xp/prestige/what the fuck ever
>"WOW YOU'RE GARBAGE NECK YOURSELF YOU WASTE OF OXYGEN FUCK YO-"

It's so fucking inevitable it pains me to even bother with multiplayer games.

>Horrible steamrolls are very rare.

You say this, but if I install it and try my best in a match, the enemy will roll us. It'll happen within 3 matches guaranteed.

>>killed tribes
they killed a failed F2P game, how dare they?

Honestly, I kind of wonder whether they should have made it pay-to-play and been done with it.

>"WOW YOU'RE GARBAGE NECK YOURSELF YOU WASTE OF OXYGEN FUCK YO-"
The worst you'll get is a gg ez

And matches in Overwatch are like 10 minutes long it doesn't matter very much if you get stomped

B- b- but Korean cafes.

I tried Heroes of the Storm and had someone fucking berating me for kill stealing for well over 25 minutes.

I wish I kept the screenshots. That was just dumb.

Wasn't Paladins also originally being developed as Global Agenda 2 before they scrapped it for the fantasy setting?

>Even if you dislike Blizzard, you cannot deny the fact that without their games that gaming would be different.
>WoW changed MMOs,
Yeah but I wouldn't say for the better. I'm in the minority of not liking every MMO copying elements from WoW.

When they first started developing what would become Paladins, they had to decide with GA2 with it's sci-fi setting or a new franchise, called Chaos/Aurum, with a fantasy theme.

>THEY LE KILLED LE TRIBES XDDD MEME

No you fucking retard. The game was dying before they "changed" the game. The game wasn't bringing in any money. It was a niche game with a very small player base.

So what? HiRez are the heroes now for trying to be like corporate 1% Blizzard? What happened to being loyal to the fanbase that you have?

Fuck you I'm trash at tribes but I still love it

It's hard to be loyal to a fanbase that doesn't give you anything in return though

But thats completely wrong. The fanbase has given them more love than any Blizzard fanbase ever. Just because it isn't 100% cocksocking all day every day didn't mean the community didn't love the devs. Its more like the love of a real marriage with spouses fighting all the time because they love each other.

And then HiRez ditched us for "people with money", so fuck that whore.

>What happened to being loyal to the fanbase that you have?
They are, that's why they have a team albeit small, currently working on tribes. Buuuut since none of you faggots who cry about muh tribes play it even with the update they dumped they don't get any input on what to change for the better pic related is what you get.

>They are, that's why they have a team albeit small, currently working on tribes
>LOOK AT THIS TEAM OF FREE INTERNS BEING FED WITH MCDONALDS BURGERS! LOOK AT THEM! WE STILL CARE! JUST LOOK AT THEM WORK SO HARD WITH THE HEART OF A REAL DEV TEAM!

pathetic

>Crave for some OW because I´m being shilled to death since the beta
>I study out of my home and live on an apartment with a old laptop so might not even pay 60$ for the game in case it burns my CPU or just doesn´t work properly
>Try paladins yesterday and today
>It´s so shit and dull that it even killed my need for OW or other arena MOBA shooter or however they call this shit.
>No need to pay for nothing and just play the same old good multiplayer games and SPs

Thanks Hi-Rez studios.

You don't understand korean kids trying overwatch for a day on release day meant that lol literally died.Its not like lol has 100 million players and overwatch is losing to destiny in viewership on twitch

but there's no kill stealing in hots?

Why are you crying though, I supplied you with facts and you throw ad-hominems at me like a fucking child. Just stop mentioning tribes, the game is still up. You can actually go play it right now, but you won't because you really don't care at all and you're just parroting dead Cred Forums memes

So hearthstone with less of a luck element?

> The fanbase has given them more love than any Blizzard fanbase ever
Yeah but no money and that's kind of what a company needs to survive. Activity on the official forums isn't currency

>had gold in their hands
>fans not spending a dime to support it
yeah, they put too much faith in tribes fans to support the game they like

The fact is they don't give a shit and only assign a team of amateur interns. The fact is you try to play this off as the game still being supported by HiRez in any meaningful way.

>Yeah but no money

Only proves that they were greedy bitches all along. A real dev team works for the hard payoff down the road. Now you have a bunch of assholes copying other games for a living.

Nope, Blizzard still takes the cake.

>stole from overwatch

>the tf2 clone

>You say this, but if I install it and try my best in a match, the enemy will roll us. It'll happen within 3 matches guaranteed.
Then play with a fucking tank and if no one picks one pick one yourself, the are literally the most important(and arguably strongest characters)

The same people that call the units in overwatch "champions"

You haven't actually played the 2 games, have you?

The game is still up and running, that's it being supported unlike GA, which is actually killed and dead. You have no reason to cry about tribes because it's not dead.
Shifting the goalposts also doesn't serve your cause at all

>units
Do people actually call them this? I've only ever heard rts fags call their dudes units.
I guess is better than hero or champion

>Overwatch
Takes the concept of a 10 year old game and expands on it

>Paladins
Notices Overwatch was successful, copies its entire character roster and their mechanics

It's a pretty big difference

I have every card in the game, every character and at least 1 skin for each. And enough spare money to buy all of that again.
It is very easy to make gold in paladins, especially since they reward you for playing well. By the time you're allowed to play ranked, you should have everything you need.

>How dare they want to evolve their company and make it more profitable? How dare they not pander to me and the other ten people in my "loyal" community who won't spend money on the game?

theyre both shit for 13 year olds so i don't really.

Theres nothing to really steal from overwatch, its not particularly original with it characters, stages, or combat mechanics.

Its just a patched together mediocre fps+waifushit to pull in the preteen-teenage boys

>Expands on it.
>by taking things away.

Fuck off overshill your game is is Team Fortress babby edition.

Your game is as bad as paladins but at the very least the game devs are AWARE that their game is copying others.

>Notices Overwatch was successful, copies its entire character roster and their mechanics
I didnt realize overwatch was successful before it was even announced

I'll never understand how people can willfully shill their shit here. It's like they just lost their moral compass.

Taking away what? Hats?

>Overshill
Please. I don't like either very much and I couldn't give a shit about which one you choose to play. However taking the basic game elements, doubling the character roster, adding mechanics common in mobas like ultis, stuns, and aoe is not cloning. You're just hating for the sake of it

I guess all those identical characters found their way into the game by mistake

Its a blizzard game

it prints money at the time of conception

Which identical characters would that be?

both games have a penguin in a mech suit with big guns

Game was in development before overwatch

how about you just uninstall it instead of sperging out?

Does anyone have a detailed image comparing Paladins and Overwatch characters?

I watched a bit of gameplay footage and couldn't believe what I was seeing, especially when a tanky character threw out a hook to draw an enemy closer.

I'd love to see a 1 : 1 comparison of all the things copied from OW.

>implying characters who hook others was OC DO NOT STEAL material

The hook is literally the only thing I can think of that is explicitly copied and even then that's a stretch because hooking characters aren't anything

t. 100 hours in paladins and 70+ in ow

overwatch copied the "fat guy with hook" from a fucking warcraft 3 mod you underaged faggot

Erlang Shen from SMITE, with his brand new completely original skin

Mmos and rts games are dead because of blizzard. The arpg/diablo like genre is on life support too. Fuck them.

Are overwatch players less than 10 years old?

>WoW changed MMOs
Why would you unironically state this as a good thing?

>Expands on it

By removing anything that requires the player to think right? No actual teamwork required no ammo management no skillshots auto aim abilities wallhack character no actual skill ceiling that lets you inprove as an individual player.

Monster Training is a new idea?