Importing from Asian

>Importing from Asian
>Package finally arrives
>They even send me some minisize candies with the products
>Think its cute
>Eat all the candy while im going through the stuff I ordered
>See card in bottom
>Read it
>''Thank you for ordering at our store, we are happy to see your again soon. Attn. Do NOT eat the candy''

What. Was it not candy?

Did open eat silica packs?

Its only something they send you for good luck you are not supposed to eat it

Is it like not safe for consumption or is eating it bad luck or something?

No but I think you need to lay off the paint chips

>tfw found a site that sells Asian English releases for a lot cheaper than anywhere else
>no-one else outside of some folks on the vitagen discord know about it

comfy feels thread?

I bought some Japanese caramels once and they tasted fine.

>buy a military watch from Russia
>get a cool pin as a gift

Thanks Russia

Can you link it?
I would love to get vita games for cheaper.

Care to share? I'm tired of getting fucked by Playasia

now we know about it

mandarake?

It is but its a custom. Think of the "Post or your mother dies tonight" The candy is to appease the spirit of the item they sent you. If you eat it it could make the spirit angry with you and who the fuck knows what could happen.

They want your patronage again not for you to be spirited away and have to save your parents from being pigs.

let me in on the secret anondoes the site includeVIDYA

Sorry, but if I link it then reddit will find out about it through lurkers, and then everyone will know about the site, driving the prices up.

I got Gundam Breaker 3 New on Vita for $48 w/shipping included though, if that tells you how good the prices are.

>Sorry, but if I link it then reddit will find out about it through lurkers, and then everyone will know about the site, driving the prices up.
I don't think you understand economics.

No, I don't think you understand.

Right now the prices are low to entice people to start buying shit there. Once they have more of an audience, they have less reason to keep the prices so low. They can sell the same amount of games as before the big jump, but at a higher price.

Economics isn't the magical "the more people buy the cheaper it can be".

Its also only $2 cheaper than PlayAsia, that's one hot deal right there.

So are you supposed to throw the candy away?

When I bought my copy Play-Asia was $53 for an Asian English copy, before shipping.

Right now they have it for $50+shipping cost.

The $48 is with the shipping already included. It's $41 before shipping.

that's the opposite of how it works. If they're a tiny store they'll be able to buy their at a better bulk rate, if they're beyond economies of scale then the limiting factor would be how many vita games they can purchase,.

No user, like an old person you have to save the candy in a bowl, jar, or tin. Wait for someone to come over, they eat the candy, they're the one that gets cursed.

What are some good vita games to import that aren't shitty anime RPGs and bikini fighters?

I used to order magic props from with website called penguinmagic. They'd always send a pack of peanut MnMs with the stuff I ordered. Really neat, don't know if they still do.

Economics of scale only works when there is a desire for competition. Once a storefront doesn't need to compete, prices will go up.

Gundam Breaker 3, IA/VT Colorful, Taiko V Version, Deemo: The Last Recital, Ys VIII, Luminous Arc Infinity, etc.

Why would they send you candy and tell you to not eat it?

ty

If the vita wasn't jailbroke I might give a shit

I dont know but I think your just supposed to keep it close by until the next what to us would be called a "spring cleaning."

I ate the candy as well in one of my purchases. Come to think of it, I think that's where things started going wrong in my life.

Attention to all anons, do NOT eat the candy. Ever. It'll fuck your shit right up for all eternity.

Candy in the mail is the Swedish fish theory, which was actually coined as a marketing effort by Swedish fish. It's the idea that including candy in your package will encourage better service.

I'm sorry, are you alleging that this site has a monopoly on these games? because you said earlier that they don't.
It can't be both ways, either they have a competitive edge in delivering cheaper goods and so you buy from them, or they don't and you don't.

Except this case is based on japanese superstition

No, no - I'm saying once enough people find out about them, they're no longer going to have to compete as hard to get sales. The more that people talk about them, the less need they'll have to set themselves apart too hard.

I know economic models are meant to be simplifications, but you're greatly oversimplifying how it works by assuming a lot of things that aren't necessarily true.

>Economics isn't the magical "the more people buy the cheaper it can be".
What are economies of scale?

>want to buy a fight stick
>look into asian import sites because i heard it was cheaper
>it actually is so i get happy and get one in cart
>mfw i see the price with shipping
shipping costs are as expensive as the item itself what the fuck

Check Amazon retard

Customs mainly. Companies get through easy since its all bulk and they have special deals with the government.

Regular people though? Fuck you you gotta pay for the uneducated guy to sift through your shit to make sure its not contraband.

Also see about pit stops. Some times your country has favorable trade agreements with some countries or just really hates the one your shipping from. Some times you can get it shipped some where else get a new sticker slapped on it and then shipped to you.

I saved 30usd doing that once. Its even better if you have a friend living in say England that can touch it once and then send it as a personal package to you.

Unless you're saying they're currently selling at a loss in an attempt to drum up custom (proof?), any increased volume they move directly correlates to increased profit.

A small company does not have the financial analysts on hand to simulate the market reaction to a change in price. They have no idea if their customers would be loyal through a price hike, but foreigners looking for the cheapest thing don't sound very loyal to me.

Them raising prices would be a HUGE risk. I don't think you understand that. If they're in the market as the cheapest, that is likely because they've managed to get a few % in the margins somewhere, maybe they have a connection with a factory/warehouse/distribution port that others don't have. Regardless, they would likely be commiting suicide by raising their prices. Volume is always a safer bet than per unit, which is why literally every successful company invests heavily in cost-saving measures and methods to boost economies of scale (which I didn't even touch on, but would also lead to them earning more per unit as their volume increased).

Never underestimate the Jewery of the Kikes man. Anyone got that story of the user warning everyone away from ever doing business with the Chinese?

They will screw you as hard as possible with a straight face then act like nothing is wrong. They will have what you want on hand for inspectors to inspect but then as soon as the inspector leaves they switch it for a far inferior product and there is nothing you can do since they already got the inspector sign off.

>live in Russia
>ordering anything from overseas is fourty seven times as expensive as the item

Y'all spoiled brats

>importing a game
>order from store that among other things (games, CDs, DVDs, figs, etc) also sells adult toys
>game arrives
>somehow they thought it was necessary to attach a pack of tissues
t-thanks

Maybe if China wasn't a cunt and allowed Russia and the US to be friends.

Are you saying that Chinese are Jewish? You are literally rambling. Did you even mean to reply to me? Nothing you said makes any sense.

You're smarter than the fuck you're replying to, that much is obvious

Cred Forums - Japanese Culture and Economics

>import gunpla from japan
>never got a thing with candy
Fuck you too Hobby Link Japan. If your private warehouse wasn't so nice I would be buying domestic.

Anyone else played Ys VIII yet? What a game.