Why...why, Cred Forums?
ITT:Underrated vidya

Other urls found in this thread:

us.audionetwork.com/browse/m/track/pimp-my-bass_41952
youtube.com/watch?v=xkOsQREcs0s
youtube.com/watch?v=9WlOAwLqQ4M
youtube.com/watch?v=7JFGZKU7xwE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

finished binary domain yesterday and i really liked it. i can recommend it for anyone who wants to try a cheesy cyberpunk anime style game.
>tfw the ending where bo sacrificed himself for faye

Pleasantly surprised me. I'd love a sequel.

An undercooked game which tries too hard to utilize neo-bioware formula. It has mediocre combat mechanics and half of the companion are shit tier. Nice but short story ala Black Company and very good gimmick with possession by a fire demon who is also a hard counter to all enemies in the game. Undeads are pretty nice too.

I enjoyed it.

I think the Kane & Lynch games were very underrated. If they'd released after the whole 'wow anti-games are amazing' thing (Think Spec Ops The Line) they'd probably end up completely overrated.

Playing the Korra game right now, about halfway through, that seems pretty underrated too.

that final boss is bullshit if you arent prepared

That game was shit. It especially doesn't get a pass for being "undercooked" when you consider it's basically exactly the same as their last game. And their recent release was the same shit yet again. The devs are just lazy.

Here is a legit underrated action RPG.

I'm really not a big fan of shooting robots. It's just not as satisfying as shooting something organic. That's why that dinobots Ubisoft game looks bad to me.

Still, BD and Vanquish are both really good.

us.audionetwork.com/browse/m/track/pimp-my-bass_41952

Yeah, I had to switch to daggers just to beat it because I went for a wrong build.

Interesting, I felt differently, I found the whole dismembering system of BD far more satisfying than most other TPSes I can think of.

gotta agree on first K&L, construction site level was hype.
didnt like second one, biggest problem was camera shake.

Old ruskie gem with called shots, customized spells (kinda like morrowind), a stealth system that's pretty complex for a RPG and wacky voice acting.

Not too popular anywhere because of the difficulty design - hard as balls, limited leveling, but free reloads at any time, meaning 20 reloads per enemy can actually happen.

I tend to have the same problem but I feel Binary Domain managed to get it right by having the armor plating come loose.
That was one of my problems with Hard Reset, shooting the robots just wasn't satisfying. We some tweaks, Hard Reset would be a good underrated game. Maybe a sequel will get it right.

*With some tweaks

For a DS game its fucking impressive how it tries to be like its counter parts on PSP and Dreamcast.

I finished it a week ago. Nothing special but fun for the few hours it lasts. The shooting feels good, and that ping when you blow a robot's head off and it turns to your side is very satisfying. On the other hand, I wonder why did Sega introduce the customization; there's not enough variation in the nanomachines and it doesn't do a lot. And the style of buildings and robots reminds me so much of Vanquish if you told me they happen in the same universe, I'd believe you.

You better have mained Bo and Cain

It was OK. The bosses took 5ever to kill but at leas the main loli was cute.

Bo doesn't have to die.

Amada's AI did nothing wrong

this game was crazy hard on hard difficulty.

Dying Light got its praise, but I thought this game was extremely solid. The only downside was the cliche story, but it's made up for by the voice acting of the main character. Also, somehow they got away with modeling zombie pussy in the game and just got an M rating.

I think you can get in trouble with ESBR/PEGI since you are obliged to show all questionable material for rating.

>zombie pussy
I don't see it, I see a poorly modeled mess between her legs that could be clothes, or just a bad model, or blood, or anything.

You really think they're going to put a massive amount of detail into the vag? It's definitely there, but it's not super imposed.

>bo doesn't have to die
i know, i just didn't want to grind maximum trust with every team member.
imo it's still a nice bittersweet ending.
cain not being present during my ending was a bummer though. he's such a likable and funny character.

I can see a clitoris.

Not underrated but underappreciated.

The soundtrack was incredible, and deserves to be in a better game

THy the ass are they aiming away from the insects

>got the game for free when Sega was handing it out in bundles
>getting some of those achievements was a bitch
>especially the loyalties to the max
>looking over some of the achievements
>didn't get "Add each teammate to the party at least once" despite doing so

Bugged out?

>Caring about achievements

Absolutely:

youtube.com/watch?v=xkOsQREcs0s

I really love Olivier Deriviere's work, but the man just keeps creating beautiful music for games that are ultimately very forgettable (yes, this was aimed at Remember Me).

>If they'd released after the whole 'wow anti-games are amazing' thing (Think Spec Ops The Line) they'd probably end up completely overrated.

Maybe, but I think those K&L games were so underrated partly because they did that "anti-games" thing in a real challenging way, that people were genuinely threatened by. The popular ones like Spec Ops are set up to make you feel good for "getting it", whereas K&L was just "fuck you" from beginning to end.

Yeah I agree. If people were already familiar with The Line before going into the K&L games, they'd have more chance of appreciating them. Without being 'warmed up' by something like The Line, the K&L games are pretty fucking alien to most 'gamers' and 'critics.'

I never played those K&L games, how are they "anti-games"?

I just used the term 'anti-game' since it was the first phrase that came to mind. I was trying to convey the idea that, while a traditional game revels in the activities expected of the player and generally aims to provide some kind of reward or catharsis, whilst glossing over the implications of the player/character's actions in favour of putting the player in the 'hero' role. Games like K&L and The Line reject that standard. The characters are vile and/or insane, the violence (in fact, all the player's/character's actions) is unnecessary, absurd, and pointless, the gameplay is designed to 'disempower' the player compared to regular shooting games (in K&L accuracy of weapons is extremely low; in The Line ammo is sparse), where the player has 'choices' he is only ever able to choose between two bad options; the player is neither punished nor rewarded for murdering non-combatants, and there's probably some other things I'm forgetting, but essentially the games reject many standards of the genre and the medium.

It's pretty easy to grind most rep though, as there's some spots that are "endless wave" type scenarios.

What game is it?

Are you legitimately retarded? It's right there in the fucking post for fuck sake.

That's true.

I like K&L for that complete absence of any attempt to impress the player. The whole "do you feel BAD yet?!" stuff in Spec Ops is its own kind of catharsis. The same kind of thing is popping up a lot in other AAA games and indies. It's becoming routine.

rude

Oh shit, I remember playing that and liking it

I dunno why but I love Tron: Evolution.

Such a fun game. Also I love how edgy Abraxas is.

I think this game deserved to get a lot more attention, it's really damn good.

My man.

Hell yeah it is. The parts where the stage changes with his story are pretty funny.

The shooting itself aint bad either.

Real tight, aesthetically pleasing Halo/Battlefield mashup for the PC.

Was cheap too if i remember correctly, like 20 bucks. No one picked it up. RIP

This.

is in the world of district 9?

Probably because they made quite possibly the most generic name and cover for it. If one of those new AI's was told to generate a AAA FPS shovelware game cover, that would come out.

My favorite moment is probably when Silas goes to take a piss and the gameplay goes on a literal loop

>The shooting itself aint bad either.
It's fucking great.
Arcade mode is also great because you can go nuts with the shotgun on most of the stages

It used GFWL, that's why nobody bought it

That shotgun is one of my fave video game shotguns. Totally makes sense that it got a boss intro.

I pirated that when it came out but never really got into it.

Also for some reason it's not avaliable in my region on Steam

>goes to take a piss

That reminds me, has the best "cover me while I do x!" part ever, where you cover the jap guy from robots while he does a shit.

It's probably not saying much but I think Dying Light is the best open world zombie game to come out so far. Definitely more than makes up for the massive disappointment Dead Island was for me.

Top tier taste there. Shame that it was on the short side, but hotdamn, did I enjoy every moment of the game.

>mfw dual-wielding the sawnoffs in NG+

My dick became diamonds. Shame how one of those last skill upgrades put auto-aim during Concentration, and sadly, if you want 100% completion, you have to take that one skill which makes the game almost play itself at that point.

>Loud as thunder
>Can cut a man clean in half
>BOB OLLINGER'S SHOTGUN
Man I loved that intro

Can it actually cut an enemy in half though? I don't recall doing that

It can cut them in half metaphorically.
Ingame sadly no as there are no body damage as far as I know.

I think it was just the right amount of time, given that there was so much variety in the environments. I mean is there any western cliche that wasn't included in the game?

Also dual sawnoffs would wreck bosses so hard it was hilarious.

I fucking love the CoJ series, jankiness and all.

Not only every western cliche, it also passed the cliche of usually memorable moments in FPS games.

That moving train level was my favorite one. It didn't get old blasting as many outlaws off the plain with the shotgun as possible.

You could turn the camera shake off in the options menu.

>*off the plain

Off the train, and into the plains, I meant.

I wish Bound in Blood would get some sort of remaster, it's really awkward to play on PC

hell yeah!

The part when Silas sung Oh Death legit gave me chills

holler if you're dead
;_;

"Search harder, comrades! Those devious ants must be here somewhere!"

>underrated
it's a shit game though.
All the bosses are an absolute fucking trudge.
The metal chipping gimmick is cool but too bad you have absolutely fuck all to fight with it because you fight the same things pretty much the whole game.

Most of the bosses actually stand out in my head as "That part".

Sure it's short and the controls aren't GOAT but the story and set pieced really do play out like a big budget Sci if movie.

Played it on the 360 and the framerate drops to a crawl during some of the bigger boss battles but I still finished it twice.

Forgot pic

Do any of you who makes these threads ACTUALLY browse Cred Forums ?

Because I usually see nothing but praise for Binary Domain

Binary Domain was pretty good, it kept things interesting with bosses, and there were some nice ideas it did, like headshotting robots making them fight each other.

One of my all time favorites, finishing for the third or forth time now. I never did the challenges though

The most underrated game that ever was or ever will be.

It also didn't help that the lead producer was kind of a douche.

>t. There will never be a Too Human 2: Rise of the Giants

Binary domain is pretty good, but Metal arms is the GOAT robot destruction shooter.

I remember playing it for a few minutes at a kiosk at Gamestop and thinking that it looked like complete snd utter shit.

It was shit.

>this guy

>a game were you can just say fuck it and kill all your friends and enemies for fun.

soul nomad is nis greatest game.

You know nothing

i remember wanting to buy this years ago but, i was a poorfag back than and forgot about it in time.

played it. it was pretty good if you just want a 12 hour long cowboy game. could not get the hand on the dueling part though.

bad end is best end.

Eh, at least they can't fly.

You made a terrible decision, user.

Male Revya is unnacceptable.

>12 hour long

Dude what?

You expect zombie pussy to look like something out of a Hegre art video?

I remember being super interested in this then hearing it was shit

i agree. female Revya is best Revya.

youtube.com/watch?v=9WlOAwLqQ4M

Stranglehold.

i am remembering it wrong?

maybe it was 8.

I have never seen this game be talked about outside of Cred Forums.

SCIENCE CONFIRMS THAT THE GIANT INSECTS MOST DEFINITELY CANNOT FLY

OUR WING DIVERS ARE INVINCIBLE! BECAUSE INSECTS CANNOT FLY AND THEREFORE CANNOT DEFEAT THEM

This game was shit and a mess. I wanted to love it but it was just hot wet garbage.

Wasted potential

I finished the story in about 4 hours, I think.
I had a hell of a lot of fun in those 4 hours, though.

I think it's closer to 6. It's a short game

Lost save file about 1 hour into 2nd half of the game a few years ago. One day I will play this again.

Isn't she also the canon version?

The gameplay really isn't that fun, it has a interesting story and choices but the gameplay is really lacking

i wish they made this game without crazy weapons or super zombies and shit. it's really fucking scary at night and you can hear them breathing down your neck

I don't know, I have fun with broken games. Running around meleeing everyone in 'stealth' is pretty fun.

I think so, since any cameos in other games uses her

It made me so happy that this was included in both ProjectXZone

It's really fucking fun

tell your momma I love her

For a movie game it was pretty fun. In a less complex way it contained already a lot of elements that made the Arkham games famous
The batmobile runs were the hypest shit

>that face at the bottom

This, I was surprised how little it was talked about. The steallthy shit and using gadgets to mess with the enviroment to scare thugs was pretty cool

I realy miss the scare-meter in asylum

Russians look like that.

The concept was, some characters were good, other mediocre and the overall dialogue was good.
Too bad it suffered weak and very shallow combat.

>if Cred Forums likes it then it's a commercial success and a well known IP
What he's saying it that it deserved more recognition.

Speaking of surprisingly good movie games, this was actually great.

Wolfenstein 2009 fuckers, it's way better than newest one.

It has interesting weapons, abilities and fun exploration. It also has the best NPC deaths ever, every nazi you kill dies in hilarious ways.

>we'll never get a proper sequel that ties up the loose-end teaser at the very end
it hurts
I enjoyed the new one though, but 09 is a gem all its own.
Especially that balls to the wall final boss.

This game is badass and british.

It also has a kickass final boss track youtube.com/watch?v=7JFGZKU7xwE

"No shield? well i dont need one since i can alter time itself!"
"Where are you hiding blaskowicz? its time to die!"

never got past his sanic phase