I know most people got sick of Kickstarter, but is there anything worthy right now on Kickstarter...

I know most people got sick of Kickstarter, but is there anything worthy right now on Kickstarter? Any campaigns you are following?

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/1979665539/kewpie-jazzy-a-3d-platformer-rare-style
youtube.com/watch?v=NHWDEs434hA
youtube.com/watch?v=WOVXUmX0CJI
kickstarter.com/projects/zeinokko/code-7-a-next-gen-text-adventure
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Donate to my kickstarter please ;_;, I need to pay rent. I'm going to make a platformer where YOU are the player.

Only worthwhile game to come out of kickstarter was FTL
That's like a 1:1000 ratio of good:shit

You haven't pledged to Kewpie-Jazzy yet?

Nothing kills my interest in a game faster than finding out its a kickstarter b.s.
I've never donated to a kickstarter and after hearing stories of lost funds for games that never came out, I never will.

Honestly though if you need a good cringe watch their video it's a fucking disaster

kickstarter.com/projects/1979665539/kewpie-jazzy-a-3d-platformer-rare-style

there's /tg/ related stuff, but you're ALMOST, ALMOST right. Because the new RIVER CITY RANSOM game on P FUCKIN C was kickstarted.

Not that shitty official one on the DS that's coming out in a couple of days. This is a third party game that looks boss as fuck.

No release date, yet. I suspect they wanted to release in july, but the powers that be demanded that they push their release back until RCR on the ds hits the stores in like a week. I actually suspect they'll go live in november.

lemme find a youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=NHWDEs434hA

>that shitty name
>everything is super-bright

I'm working on a game and while we don't need a kickstarter and pride myself on not using one, I feel like I'm missing a huge opportunity to catch people's eye and build a fanbase.

What do?

Kickstarter for $5?

Depends on the game.
RPG maker? 5 dollars. Making your own shit? Just throw up 3000 dollars and see if a single person even looks at it.

It's Unity but a lot of systems I rebuilt with my own implementation.

I hate to ask for money, can I do a kickstarter that at the end displays:

>lel no need, keep yo money

?

I don't want to take people's money unnecessarily, yes, I realize this makes me a cuck in the business world.

Just ask for money. The worst that happens is that you literally take people's money and they can't do anything about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=WOVXUmX0CJI

Plenty of good games came from kickstarter. You just have to not be an idiot like 95% of people here. You funded Mighty nr 9? Well you're stupid and should have waited a bit or read the clues. You have funded Grim Dawn, DivOS, pillars of eternity or Chivalry. Well good for you. Those turned out from okay to great.

As for the kickstarter I funded,I'm a bit worried about the time it takes to finish. I may have made a mistake funding Wolcen ans I'm waiting for Kingdom Come. If it turns out bad well I.shoukd have waited longer.

Whatever that Shadow of the Colossus clone is could be neat

Well, I'm anxious to see how Copper Dreams turns out. As a systemfag everything they said about it during the campaign makes me all warm inside, but they've been kind of quiet in the past few months. Not that I think anything is wrong, I just wish they'd share something finally.

I'm a pretty big fan of Vampire Hunter D and they just had a comic kickstarter for the series.

Seeing as there hasn't been much of a spotlight shone on the series in some time I'm doing what I can to help provide any chance of helping to raise awareness and popularity of the series.

I'm not too big a fan of comics or the style that the producers of the comic are aiming for but if it helps to make sure the tv series comes out, I'm all for it.

I just hope that the show doesn't end up as terrible as Berserk. I think taking a hit like that would hamper the liklihood that Vampire Hunter D remains more niche.

The world is great and I'd love to see a videogame about it but that's probably never gonna happen because D is so OP and there's not a lot of inner conflict going on that doesn't get repetitive. The books are more like slice of life and episodic events in a timeline so it's hard to see a purpose of making a game.

bunch of never ever bullshit

>what is Obduction and Divinity

The first and only project I've backed is the dark souls board game. The fact that the game is about stamina management is just a perfect fit. Also, the models look great so far.

>that bloom
holy fuck the 7th generation called back

Obduction, Divinity, Pillars, bunch of other cool shit (PtH funded their album on kickstarter). Kickstarter is legit.

kickstarter.com/projects/zeinokko/code-7-a-next-gen-text-adventure

Played this, was pretty chill.

The only one I've given money to is Mesozoica.

I gave $75 to the System Shock kickstarter.

>giving money to a company to make a game that already exists

>Dark Souls board game
There was already one. It's called "Kingdom Death" and it shits all over this poor-man's imitation. Better models, better mechanics, better themes. Vidya just doesn't often translate to tabletop very well. It's like if you tried making Bloodborne into a fucking card game.

Oh, wait...

>a game that's damn near unplayable

>they are doing a kickstarter reprint run on kingdom death on black friday

cant fucking wait. played the game at my buddies and had a blast. was pretty sad to see that the game wasnt widely available and pretty fucking expensive.

the bloodborne card game isnt too bad. i wouldnt buy it myself though.

Do you have one arm?

If you're too stupid to play enhanced edition what makes you think youre smart enough for a remake

why even fund a remake if you didnt play it

>experianced developers
dropped
also shouldnt it be named after instruments?

Psychonauts 2