Are there any recent "realistic" FPS games that aren't eternally pandering to the lowest common denominator?

Are there any recent "realistic" FPS games that aren't eternally pandering to the lowest common denominator?

I haven't played vidya in a long time, but it seems every single new battlefield game is shit. I just want Red Orchestra but with looks that justifies a gtx 1080

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/resistance-liberation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-aliasing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There wasn't anything like Red Orchestra besides Rising Storm, unfortunately. There are Insurgency and Rainbow Six: Siege, though, and RS2: Vietnam is coming out soon but it will be playable a year after release because it's Tripwire we're talking about.

Damn, RIP fun

Verdun i guess.

Day of Infamy

Closest thing you'll get to is Insurgency. Though the devs tried to get it into competitive gaming.

Unfortunately the level of detail in Ostfront hasn't really been replicated. You could try ArmA though.

Arma 3?

Red Orchestra 2 is casual shit.

Red Orchestra: Ostfront was the shits. Nowadays it's pretty dead though as most of community moved on to RO2, as usual.

If someone knows a realistic shooter on bar with RO:O then I'd love to hear, too. No crosshair or other casual shit.

Apparently RnL had a little bit of a comeback recently.

moddb.com/mods/resistance-liberation

Squad, escape from tarkov. Other than that I guess you're fucked m8. And both of those games are in early access and need a good bit of work.

>Day of Infamy
Haven't tried Insurgency since it was a mod, but this looks pretty intriguing

Can you confirm that it's good?

darkest hour mod for RO Ostfront is active, usually 1-2 servers

id suggest ARMA 3 though

day of infamy is just insurgency

Correction. Tarkov is in closed pre-alpha

Insurgency standalone is pretty different from MIC, though.

Day of infamy is a ww2 skin for insurgency.

Is that good or bad though?

Insurgency is good but it's more like America's Army than RO. I haven't tried Day of Infamy but I'm assuming it's close to Day of Defeat or something like that.

if you liked insurgency youll like day of infamy

>no crosshair
>dead in a few shots
>no real hud

its not like DoD at all, i played the mod, it was just insurgency with a WW2 skin which was nice

Depends on how you feel about paying 15 bucks for a mod pack. Its not bad because its insurgency with ww2 aesthetic, weapons, and uniforms. I like insurgency but I burned out of it so im not buying day of infamy.

I just love the first person physics in RO. You really feel like you're lugging around your rifle, not shouldering 24/7.

I think it's very good. If you've played a lot of Insurgency it might feel like more of the same, but if not I'd say get it.

LCD is relative

I don't miss RO1 very much because I like being able to run more than 10 paces without wheezing, and not having to hunt pixels at ranges greater than 50 meters. I can accept RO2's "realism" mode as more fun overall even though I don't like some of the differences from RO1, and I can't go back to lesser tank interiors even though that means shit for variety due to Tripwire's budget and manpower.

Arma, Squad and PR are the only actual tactical realism non casual shooters out there at the moment that are alive. Arma is unrivaled for tactical gameplay, but you need a group of people to play with. Squad is great if you want tactical gameplay but have no friends.

Games like Red Orchestra are """realistic""" but basically just slow, higher damage CoD clones, they have about the same level of communication and actual tactics as most generic shooters.

>those trees
Turn off shadows and put on some AA, god damn.

Are there any other multiplayer games with bolt-action rifles?

>turn of shadows

>in a game that has good lighting

>AA

>ever

Day of Infamy

>America's Army
Speaking of, is there any version of this game that isnt dead?

Yes turn off shadows, your crappy computer obviously cant handle it anyway

>not using fucking AA, one of the most important graphical options ever
LOOK AT THOSE FUCKING JAGGIES

God damn dude are you blind

>>AA
>>ever
What are you smoking. AA is fundamental in all games.

>50-60fps

>shadows and clouds on ultra

>game looks good

>turn those off and turn on the vaseline setting

AA is useless and contributes nothing to the graphical design or utility of the graphics of a game.

I only played RO2 and thoroughly enjoyed it. What did it do worse that the first game?

>>game looks good
Wow, okay, you are actually blind

Im being 100% serious here, go get your eyes checked immediately.

Heroes & Generals

Verdun

>>turn those off and turn on the vaseline setting
I dont think you have any idea how AA works. AA doesnt blur an image, unless you're using a poor version of it.

Stop using FXAA and go watch a graphical video

aint my fault you got shit taste senpai.

Most of the RO1 vets I know just bitch about having to grind ranks and weapon unlocks.

>AA is useless

>massive jaggies on trees
>every single hard surface on the left of the image is pixelated
>grass looks like individual pixels rather than grass
>distorted gun
Im with the other user on this, you might actually be blind

>has no understanding on how AA works, or graphic settings in general
>posts two absolutely horrid quality screenshots
>lol my taste so good guyz!
Pfthah, okay you must be trolling. Well done you got me.

AA is fucking useless, its just like chromatic abberation!

You see how this image looks good?

You see how your image looks like shit?

Its because of AA

Please educate yourself
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-aliasing

>>shadows and clouds on ultra

>people didnt realize hes trolling
Cred Forums pls

>not using fucking AA, one of the most important graphical options ever

AA is small penis compensation for your shitty low-res monitor.

Project Reality is pretty good and has fun teamwork aspects. But it's isn't for casuals. If your team is shit and has poor communication and lack of knowledge of the game you and your team has little chance of success.

Squad is alright and not full fledged as PR cause of it's infancy. Its okay. I have a GTX1080 and the game isn't that well 'optimized'. Everytime I play squad it just makes me want to jump back to PR.

Project Reality is based off the great game BF2, it's a standalone game so you can just download a setup file, run it, install it, patches itself like any newer game today, has built in mumble support so you don't need to find a teamspeak server or whatever the fuck. Read the manual, looks at some videos on youtube and join a game and join a squad (i hope you get a good one the first time) and be tacticool and kill sandniggers.

it's a fair complaint