As someone who played SF as one of his first games and kept up with the series ever since...

As someone who played SF as one of his first games and kept up with the series ever since, let me tell you this really is _______THE best SF game(s).

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!K5wXWQDD!u2ZLInilsB1pziB0i7gU83VFuHYhLfBG7CLQe3_0Ci0
youtu.be/WFqcKFizsPY
youtube.com/watch?v=KY1zKKEYrJA&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=dBIt_D2nJ0c&feature=youtu.be&t=23s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I agree although I'm still playing 5 more since I'm still hopeful it will be good eventually.

>basically a remake of the shitty EX
Fuck no. What a goddamn clusterfuck IV is. Controls and plays like ass.

The 3 series was the pinnacle of SF.

V is shit designed around milking the player for season passes and is total garbo on top of it. EIGHT FRAMES of input lag even offline.

Play 4, it's good

Alpha2/3 is still the best

>the 3 series was the pinnacle of SF

yeah I sure love how the zoning game the series is known for is totally absent. 3 series is basically 2D Tekken except worse

Agreed

Yeah it plays way tighter than sf5. I wish they just added the SF5 features to this.

>absent
I'm sorry you're bad at 3.

Do you play on fightcade? if so, what's your username?

here's a note to people who aren't well informed about FGs: if you encounter someone who says SF3 makes for good Street Fighter, you have found yourself a shitter who has no idea what they're talking about

go pick Chun and roll your face on the buttons if it'll get you out of this thread, SF3 was always bad. graphics and music are all it has going for it. it plays like total shit

3S is Cred Forums's choice of SF game

let that sink in

SF4 really was the best one. Other ones are still good but SF4 brought together what every other installment had tried and made it one cohesive game that did it all better than most of the other ones

people who think 3 is good are just scrubs

>people who think 3 is good are just scrubs

Casual detected.

HAHAHAHA you just proved my point. Liking 3 doesn't make you hardcore, tyke. It just proves you have shit taste.

Go rewatch Evo Moment 37 and pray hard enough so maybe you'll really be Daigo someday. lmao. You're bad

>game that nearly killed the series is best

This place is full of fucking hipsters.

ill play whatever lets me have cody

Alpha 3 is the only SF I enjoyed, but that's probably because I enjoy anime fighters more than other SF installments.

A3 and SF4 are your only options. Don't recommend coming into A3 this late tho, that scene is full of V-ism killers by this point

World Tour was the best SP in the history of fighting games

agreed op,

pic related: my 3x3

Oh how wrong you are. Stay free, keyboard warrior.

>3 killed the series
I really wish kids would actually learn video game history instead of mouthing off their uneducated bullshit.

lmao do you not remember why SF4 was a big deal? how it was the first traditional big name 2D fighter since 3 series, which not only almost killed SF but ALL OF 2D FIGHTING GAMES?

go home kid, do your homework

3 didn't "almost kill" anything. You're fucking stupid. 3D fighters were already on the decline when 3S came out, what with tekken taking the charge. Besides, hits like CvS2 and MvC2 came out afterward and did fine, not to mention Guilty Gear etc.

Source: I was actually alive during that time period, unlike you.

>best Sonic game
>high tier MGS game

this is almost enough for me to excuse you putting worst 3D Zelda and Melee's trash ass on there, but not quite. and CS SOURCE? really? really.

stfu I'm not reading your bullshit

3S killed Street Fighter. If it didn't, there would've been a real SF game not too long after, except we didn't have one until almost a full fucking decade after 3S

Stop spouting your underage and wrong bullshit here, you're bad and no one likes you

I think he meant 2D, but he's right.

>source: I have 3000BP in SF4!

Why are you projecting, user?

Melee is fantastic. Source is the best iteration of CS, especially for modded servers. And Windwaker is the most comfy

If he's wrong, prove it. Because what he said sounds pretty much correct. Some of us were alive in the 90s, user

Are you actually a Meleefag? I can tell from your autism.

pic related, your scene is full of human scum and your game is also dying for extremely good reason, especially being that Smash 4 is better in every conceivable way.

Can't say I've ever played Smash Bros.

Why are you projecting, user?

>socially retarded meleefags infesting this thread now

your game is bad and literally everyone thinks you're terrible people. and learn to bathe while you're at it

learn Smash 4 or else you're just another scrub clinging to their dead game that's been total shit all along

rainbowmika64
im chilean so don't expect good ping

can I get in on this? I've been meaning to play more A2. air blocking in Alpha always threw me off so I didn't play it as much as 2.

I'll hop on in a min. ID is Blue Wizard

Also, the guy hating on Third Strike is a flaming cunt. Ignore him

>people who think 3 is good are just scrubs

Tell that to the people playing it on fightcade and in japanese arcades and see if they're "scrubs".

What are you playing? 2 or 3?

V has the potential to be as good as IV. fix input delay and add Guy and Cody.

Being good at a game that's total ass and carries 0 over into other FGs still qualifies a person for being a scrub, user

It's notable for having hype Genei Jin combos that get crowds going and Evo Moment 37, there's literally nothing else good about it. Parries were implemented fucking terribly and it ruins the game

And Makoto.

>fix input delay

You don't know how games get coded, do you

V is always going to suck dick

Either is fine

3S shitter detected

ST was and still is the best SF game

Let's go with A3 since i haven't played 2 in years

Sure. You the chilidog or the other guy? Im on

I agree, Ultra was great.
IV>III>II>V>I
But my opinion might change depending on how V develops.

Street Fighter IV and V are two of the ugliest mainline videogames of all-time. That immediately disqualifies them from being the best of anything.

I was preparing a lengthy post, but why even bother when I have this fine image handy.

Wake up senpai

Feel like putting a lobby up, for old time's sake

Lobby 4, Edition Select turned on for anyone who wants to go ham

Because a decent argument would be more constructive.

Im the chilidog, i'm opening fightcade

t. scrubs

for how easy SF4 supposedly is, SFV is even more scrub friendly, so that's a pretty shit argument there senpai

>constructive argument
>on Cred Forums
Wasted effort, my man.

ST > USFIV > SFV > TS

TS babies are everything that they claim 09ers to be desu.

There's like two people on Cred Forums at any time who know what they're talking about. Posting on this awful discussion board is like playing the lottery.

SFIV has backdash invincibility, OS up the ass, TWO types of focus attacks and reversals with tons of invincibility. Meanwhile in SFV, you have to actually deal with my shit.

mega.nz/#!K5wXWQDD!u2ZLInilsB1pziB0i7gU83VFuHYhLfBG7CLQe3_0Ci0

There's the right set, chili pepper

been playing Street Fighter almost every day since 91

Pinnacle of the series and the finest in versus gameplay mechanics is 3rd strike. like it or not, its brilliant.

best 3 SF games IMO:

3s, ST, CE

SFIV added nothing new. It was a best of the past SF games with embarrassing animations and laughable graphics for sell out purposes.

Sounds like you're salty to me. It's not the game's fault if you could never work around all of that yourself.

>making it obvious you play games for graphics
>making it obvious you have shit concept for game design by liking 3S

>lol u mad
Excellent comeback. As expected from a player who needs to rely on this brainless shit to play.

He's referring to the fact that it had easy-access mechanics that bailed you out of a fuckton of situations.

He had access them too and there are plenty of ways of going around them. besides, the game had plenty of offensive tools too.

If you don't play games for graphics, then you should play sports, because any proper sport is a billion times deeper than any videogame.

Please tell me you changed your name to ft1 menace

You're missing the point for the second time.

The point is that these tools are incredibly scrub-friendly, which was the entire topic of this discussion.

Take your own advice, because sports has the best graphics.

Play ST then. V won't help you there, it's even scrubbier than 4

it really is just salt. someone who wants to blame other shit for the fact that they're bad = scrub. guess a bunch of old timers had a rude awakening with 4 about how bad they actually are

They're high-definition but the aesthetic is only as serviceable as necessary so that people can meet in an area and play the game as-is. Compare a soccer field to the venues in Unreal Tournament. The latter are far cooler than the former.

Not with jump OS I don't lmao
>Less universal options is good
Yeah, god forbid you have to actually think on offense.

in this thread, people claim the first SF they played was the best

SF2: hahahahaha balance
SF2CEHF: touch of death everywhere
ST: impossible to master, not actually as great as people claim
SFA: ultra cheese
SFA2: ultra cheese with one button
SFA3: ultra cheese with half the roster
SF3: very fun but no talent required
SF3SI: still fun but no talent required
SF3TS: no longer fun, still no talent required, attracts bads
SF4: we want the hardcore crowd
SF5: we may have made a terrible mistake

Ive played all of them competitively, I had the most fun with the alpha series but it was also the most flawed, I got the best at HF but the balance was a joke

Funny, because all that shit has the exact opposite effect. It's so easy to get out of a dangerous situation without any thought involved.

SFV's jump OS is rather hard to pull off compared to shit like crouch tech. Plus, that's one OS versus the myriads of SFIV's scrub shit.

At least you tried.

But what's the big deal. Even if scrubs have access to them they use them poorly. Using those tools in a braindead fashion only helps against other scrubs brevets, as I said, there were plenty of ways of going around those and even punishing the abuse of those tools. So, what's the big deal in having scrub friendly tools that only work against other scrubs?

>SF4
>hardcore

Wow, this isn't accurate in the slightest...

That doesn't make any sense. Going by that logic, you could dumb down a game to its most common denominator and still claim it's not scrub-friendly because you have access to the same tools.

SFIV allows you to deal with many situations without a single brain process involved on your part. Far more than SFV does. And that's a fact.

Your argument is very poor.

as another user said, cvs2 was just hard and even the cheese was hard to execute, they tried to make it simple (here is where I insult you) but then also added execution heavy shit and intentionally left in all types of links from the ST days, probably at the advice of their in-house faggots

it was a chimera, but it wasn't actually a bad street fighter, probably the best one since the SF2 days

I didnt like it because I'm way past my prime, I didn't like the arbitrary execution barriers, but SF5 relaxed them far too much, you can be good while understanding nothing

People only say SFV is bad because of the Street Fighter cycle.

Once the balance is completely ironed out, people will love it.

>the only reason people play V over 4 is because it doesn't have 1f links that they're too bad to do

user...

> So, what's the big deal in having scrub friendly tools that only work against other scrubs?
Because most of the people on this message board are HARDCOER GAYMURS who want cred for their mad skillz, and if the game is not boring and inaccessible for new players, then they can't gloat about how much better they are than the noobs.

Just bear in mind that you're talking to a message board that thinks graphics don't matter in videogames, and that the real appeal is pressing buttons and mashing sticks.

>remake of the shitty EX
EX is a 3d fighting game, idiot

1-framers were not required to play the game online, though.

It has nothing to do with balance user. It's actually balanced so well that characters play exactly the same throughout a lot of the cast, which is part of why it's shit

It's also bad because the ENGINE IS CODED TO HAVE 8 FRAMES OF INPUT LAG AT ALL TIMES. THIS IS NOT A THING YOU CAN PATCH OUT

>lol SFV is scrub shit, SFIV was far more hardcore
>"No, here's why."
>lol who cares what's the big deal

They're not even required to play the game competitively. SF is not a combo game. It's spacing oriented.

But people are just so scrubby that they refuse to acknowledge this and make any excuse they can to pick the easier, shitty game

No it doesn't, it means characters without DPs don't become completely free on knockdown, it means that everyone has options and creates a deeper game and means you can't just autopilot once you hit a knockdown.
Anime games have invincible backdash and usually other defensive mechanics as well as burst, KOF has rolls, and wakeup techs, KI has invincible backdash, hell even MK gives players 1 frame armour moves universally.

>Crying about crouch tech AKA the easiest OS to blow up in the world
>Jump OS is hard to pull off
lmao

>implying anyone on Cred Forums, or any Americans, or on this level

>thinking you can just exploit crouch tech OS in 4
>"i am a retard for no concept for adapting because i am bad at games" - user

hi, shitter. you can stay on V, we don't want you

dude sf3 was fun and I played it just as much as you did

but the most complicated shit in that game is kara canceling, parrying is fucking preschool shit, especially now that people have been doing it for years

its a casual marvel shitter game, everyone knows that, no one is insulting you for liking a marvel-tier game, because we like it to, just dont compare it to street fighter, because that just makes you mentally ill, and stupid looking

The argument is poor in the way you describe it. To bad for you that wasn't what I said at all.

Has scrub friendly tools? Yes. But they don't work against people that know what they're doing. Abuse them and you will get punished. Why is that such a scandal? If you really have problems against people who go using them without thought maybe you should change how you are approaching the game.

You overestimate how good people on this site are. I've seen guys say that quarter circles are artificial difficulty.

>you can't just autopilot once you hit a knockdown.
And yet vortex was the bane of SFIV until USFIV was introduced, which helped, but still left a lot to be desired. Really makes you think.

>jump OS requires significantly more precise timing to be pulled off correctly
>implying SFIV wasn't riddled with easier OSs

Yeah, go ahead and play. All the five of you.

lmao

tell me these easy OSes in SFIV

the biggest one I can think of is the Daigo OS that requires exploiting the timing of EX DP and landing recovery and still know how to safe jump. it is not that easy.

better that I play with five people who are good than be among you retarded scrub shitters gaming the point system like that makes you good

lmao land of the FREE. good job buying into SFV America, that game was literally made for your pro scene. gl competing when all the top players were in on the dev process, not like that makes it rigged or something

retarded frog poster

SF4 was easier than SF3 though, and SFV is much easier than SF4.

People are angry at capcom for a good reason.

And yet somehow offense was less braindead than SFV, probably because of those universal options you had to consider on top of your character specific options because in SFIV people were ALLOWED to have 1f armoured moves and ALLOWED to have throw invulnerable command grabs.

youtu.be/WFqcKFizsPY

You can't pull a comeback like this in SFV because defense is fucking gutted.

>he posted it again
3s and Mark of the wolves in top tier will forever invalidate this entire list. Not to mention all the other bullshit like Mortal Kombat 2 being so high in the list.

I'm not American and Brett is not a frog.

Damn, you're stupid.

Oh you're just pretending to be retarded so well that I couldn't tell the difference

Top troll, keep it up and maybe you'll even really get Down's

No one can really argued that Street Figher 1 isn't the most balanced one of them all.

It's also hard to argue that it's any good, either

Should really make people think, but who knows anymore

You already have Down's, you're playing a game for literal downies lmao.

>cvs2 was just hard and even the cheese was hard to execute

What was hard to execute? Roll Canceling? Painting the fence? Shoshoshoshoshoshoshosho?

Atmosphere.
That's the word you need to use, not comfy.

kys memeposter, you won't be missed

shoshosho isn't that hard and a valid reason for why CvS2 really isn't as good as a lot of people remember. playing the game on a basic level is hard, gaming the cheese is easy by comparison. It's not that good. Some really good sprites, one of the most fun games at high-mid level, but competitively it's a joke

SFIV is directly responsible for SFV because of it favoring the defensive playstyle over everything else. If you played defensively, you could just sit back, wait for your opponent to do something amd use one of the many options available to you. SFV requires you to put the same thought the attacker would into your defense.

You need to adapt, my man.

SF4 is basically CvS3 without the SNK characters. They took a lot of stuff from CvS2 but also a bunch of SF stuff to keep its true to its name, and made the CvS2 stuff less stupid

Chun is the biggest evidence of this, she plays way more like she did in CvS2 than she does in 3. Because the way she plays in 3 is absolutely retarded because 3 is bad

>kys memeposter
After you, m'am. :^)

>SFIV is directly responsible for SFV because of it favoring the defensive playstyle over everything else.
>Top tiers were high damage rushdown
So full of shit it's leaking out your mouth.

What do tier lists have to do with this? Do you have brain damage? Are you actually retarded?

>competitively it's a joke
Most games start to break down when you reach a certain level, doesn't mean they aren't good

>SFIV is directly responsible for SFV

this is the exact kind of Cred Forums shitter horse shit that makes this board awful nowadays. people saying RE4 was bad all along because it led to RE6. people saying MGS3 was bad all along because it led to MGS4 and V. the list goes on

this is called being a jaded little prick and why "gamer entitlement" is actually a problem, because of people like you

you and your ilk need to fuck off for a while because you're so stupid it actually hurts the community for video games as a whole. in short, shut up. your opinions are dumb and you should feel retarded

Third Strike is the best SF. aftert that comes alpha 2. IV is just a reboot of SF2

Whatevr is your favorite SF game i think we can all agree that SF5 is fucking shit, right? Even if you dont consider SF5 the worst one it is pretty obvious the game is fucking terrible in every possible way. The only thing it did right was visuals but the clipping makes me unease.

It's a bait list made for people who don't play fighting games to agree with because the titles listed are dead enough to not be discussed, but well-known enough for people to take credit for.

I agree tbqh.
Although who knows how SF5 will be at the end of it's lifetime.
I still don't remember SF4 being as shit as SF5 was when it was still new, despite how broken and fucked up vanilla SF4 was.

hi 2016 Cred Forums, get so bored shitposting in some other thread that had to sustain your insufferable presence that you had to come here and start trolling with your POPULAR OPINIONS? hipster shit stain. quit video games

I'm conflicted with how I feel about CvS2. It is one of my favorite games but has a bunch of really, REALLY stupid shit in it at the same time. A-groove was handled terribly. The concept of grooves in the first place is cool enough that I can forgive it, but it does make playing the game to get better at it less appealing.

I think the gameplay is fine enough, though the balance is pretty bad in an odd way. It's been repeated endlessly, but they clearly went with a different design philosophy with the newer characters than they did with the first ones. While they're more "balanced" overall than in other games, they still feel more lacking since other characters just get everything instead.

It far better than SFIV at launch and that's all I need to know to continue playing it in the future.

>SF vs SNK exists
LMAO no op.

What do people have against Garou now?

>That one faggot who only played MotW and no other game from the FF series, yet still considers it the best
I know by now this list is bait but since there are so many people that actually do this it still makes my blood boil.

vanilla's execution kinda lends an impression that Ultras might have been an afterthought, because they started out doing way too much damage, to the point that Ryu and Sagat having the most versatile FADC > Ultra combos made them tied for top tier by themselves. and vanilla's netcode was bad

all of this was fixed in the very next iteration. AE was really just an excuse to put Super in arcades with a little new content, because Super originally didn't get an arcade release. 2012 fixed it and Ultra at least made strides in fixing a lot of AE 2012's problems.

SFV got announced so close to Ultra's release that people to this day don't really know the full ramifications of having stuff like delayed wakeup and red focus in the game. why people think that game has finished evolving is beyond me

MotW Kevin is legit one of the dumbest characters in all of fighting games

watch it competitively, you will see a lot of Grant vs. Kevin or just straight up mirrors because that game is stupid. they have the precursor to FADC in that game, called feint cancels, only they BUILD meter rather than costing it. Kevin can exploit it like crazy and it makes him number 1 in the game by a country mile

Real Bout is actually better. I miss playing 2 on Supercade. Fightcade doesn't even have it

>getting this angry over an analytical statement
I don't see you disagreeing.

Not that it matter, because you know I'm right otherwise you would try to debate me.

SFIV had rampant options selects. Fact.
SFIV had scrub-friendly mechanics that allowed you to get away with a lot of bullshit and that barely resembled Street Fighter any longer. Fact.
SFIV had many characters that could just vortex you to death and USFIV helped little. Fact.

All of that has been reduced to a minimum in SFV. Really makes you wonder why.

I hope your parents get dementia and end up as helpless vegetables while slowly ailing away. That or cancer.

all I saw was "Fact." and now I'm just laughing at you

fuck off retard

>Its far better than SF4 at launch
I wasnt around during sf4 launch, i only started playing it on super. I cant possibly imagine how it was because sf5 at launch was fucking awful for me and still is, ive spent more time trying to play the game than actuallly playing it. Not even considering all the sp bullshit.
The gameplay is kinda the worst part for me, the hitboxes are attrocious in my opinion, everything ia so fucking short that it make me cringe when im on practice mode and some attack animations go right trough some characters, and all the enphasis on offensive gameplay feels awful and makes every character feel somewhat samey. I hope they update the core gameplay

GGs chilidog. Haven't played alpha 3 in ages

ggs man
i had a lot of fun.

SF4 launch was not really that bad. vanilla Sagat was broken because he had 7-3 matchups. people were not used to Ultras so they cried when they failed at adapting to them

it's really that most people are just flatout scrubs

>SF4 was easier than SF3 though
in what way?

Animations-to-hitbox fuckery is in virtually every game and has been around for ages, if that was enough to make me dislike a game then I would probably not be playing fighting games to begin with.

The characters feel different enough for me. I enjoy anime fighters and alike where they're vastly different, but if I'm playing SF then I'd rather them function like this. SFV feels like the most genuine SF game in a long time, with most of the glaring issues coming from the terrible service and PR.

Sure, laugh away your retardation and the fact that you can't read lol

>SFV feels like the most genuine SF game

yeah it's genuine for Capcom because it's trash that serves no purpose but to scam people out of their money, lmao

I choose not to read the diaries of a dumbfuck. If this makes me retarded in a retard's eyes, so be it. Just know, I don't care what you think about anything, and nobody has to.

Having autism must be hard huh :^(

I was referring to gameplay-wise. There are massive issues with how they handled the launch and post-release content being about as late as it could get, but the general focus in the gameplay is alot more like the older SF games. After SF3 and SF4, something more vanilla like this is more fitting for the franchise in my opinion.

>It feels genuine
Explain.

I know Kevin is dumb, but a ton of games on that list have retarded characters/mechanics

ST has O.Sagat
3S has Chun-li and Yun
Alpha 3 has Vism
MvC2 has Sentinel and Storm
Jojo has Petshop
Hokuto no Ken has Toki
SSVSP has Gedo
KoF 02 has Athena, Billy, & Choi(?)

the list goes on

>I don't care what you think about anything
Then why are you replying? :^)

>Having autism must be hard huh :^(
Tell me what it feels like.

>"SFIV favored defensive play"
>Best characters aren't defensive
hur dur hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The system mechanics are very basic and function in ways that aren't as overwhelming as in the past games. We haven't had this type of thing since the Alpha series before 3, since both SF3 and SF4 certainly was not like that in any regard whatsoever. They were more flashy yeah, but to represent a "standard" fighting game with what they offered just felt wrong.

Good in their own rights, but SFV just feels like a more genuine, or real SF game if you think that term is more fitting.

>has no clue what tier lists mean
Fighting game threads on Cred Forums, I should have known better.

>HnK not in it's own separate God tier
Fuck you nerd

What's so bad about V? I see people in here complaining about it, but I enjoy it as much as SFIV.

HnK was broken. It's fun to play, but holy shit in what world would that be god-tier?

I like broken games. They're more fun than meticulously balanced ones.

It belongs in meme tier

HnK is the perfect anime-fighter

I qlwould be inclined to agree if it wasnt for the current counter/crush counter system and the Vtrigger/skill mechanic. The counter system feels like sometuing combofiend just though would be really cool to add but it made every character have the same strategy, Vtriggers and vskills also feel lazy as hell design wise aince some of them are extremely good and others are absolutely awful and not even worth using

>bullshit like Mortal Kombat 2 being so high in the list.
>Its in low tier
Are you retarded?

Almost every game in trash tier is better than MK2 retard.

So, SF threads have evolved into either loving or hating 3S or saying IV/V is garbage.
At least is not a Juri thread

Accurate

Oh i see you were just baiting.

Well here it is: (you)

>loving or hating 3S

Yeah believe it or not not everyone likes the same type of fighting game. I'm sure there are some people here who genuinely like SFV but I'm never touching that game in my fucking life.

SFV is out of beta in t-minus 6 hours.

youtube.com/watch?v=KY1zKKEYrJA&feature=youtu.be

>sf3 and 4 better than 5
lol fucking bronzies

It has increased the love/hate that 3S got, before it was a cult classic and not so much people talked shit about it. Nowadays 3S is more a bait to make people mad.
I don't like it, but i'm not shitting it

>5 better than 3 or 4
lol fucking 16ers

>All these people saying Third Strike is shit
reeks of Cred Forums's usual contrarian shenanigans

>Thinking people who are good at 3 or 4 could somehow be bad at 5
I basically got to gold by walking forward and anti airing

this is like THE Cred Forums bandwagon memer chart

>Vanilla SFIII is just as good as Ultra SF4
Sure thing """""""""""""OG""""""""""""""""""

t. 09er

You didn't actually play those games for a significant amount of time did you

I know it's anecdotical, but I added roughly 30 people to my friendlist over the years from playing SFIV and many of them have trouble getting out of Silver. Most of them started with SFIV.

Probably because the game is so boring its difficult to actually muster up the drive to actually play the game never mind grind points in a broken rank system where rage quitters are free to roam.

5 is way easier than 4. The only reason I can think of is that the netcodes much better, meaning there are less "online" shenanigans in 5 and that most games tend to play like an actual offline match would. You're friends who were good in 4 might not have actually been good.

>good

lmao

t.bronze

I liked it.
Ultras were a really inelegant comeback mechanic though, I like the V-system a lot more.

Nah, they flat out suck.

My guess is that they have a hard time adapting and SFV doesn't have many "get out of jail" cards compared to SFIV.

>"get out of jail" cards
Are you one of those shitters who thinks FADC was safe?

>The only reason I can think of is that the netcodes much better
youtube.com/watch?v=dBIt_D2nJ0c&feature=youtu.be&t=23s
No.

>tfw everyone in my friendslist who played a lot of SF4 just stopped playing fighting games at all.

And that were like 10+ people.
2-3 of them seem to sometimes start sf5 up, but quite rarely.

All of them were people that actually went to locals and tournaments.

>he thinks every character can actually punish every character's fadc

>I can think of is that the netcodes much better

I'd rather have delay than rollback desu senpai

My negro.

I don't. I played a combo-heavy character in USFIV and the lag messed with the inputs to the point it rendered the match unplayable for me. Every new lag was slightly different and required different timing, so adapting to it was futile. At least SFV is honest when the match is unplayable. When I see a teleporting opponent, I just put the controller down and do something else. Not worth investing nerves into this.

But SFIII got shit reception and wasn't popular at all when it came out, what on earth are you talking about?

Makoto is mandatory. Either her or Akuma. I don't really care about anyone else.

For me there is nothing more frustrating than a hitconfirm that gets rolled back.

And then you actually get punished for your unsafe special.

I'm hoping for Makoto or Cody. They're both awesome.

It wasn't popular because it didn't have most of the big faces from SF2 and that's what people wanted. Doesn't mean it was a bad game.

post rank and CFN dumb wafiuposter

Yes, that explains why 3S, the 3rd game in the SFIII lineup still got a shitty reception when released.

>TS baby called out for dumb opinions
>Spouts 09er memes reactively

Can't make it up

>When released
why does the fact that casuals didn't want to buy it make it a bad fighting game. There are plenty of really good fighting games out there that aren't popular

not popular=/=badly received

>When it came out
>When it was released
The point is that people learned the tech and learned to love it and in time it did get a good reception.

>SF3 is harder than SF4
Oh yeah. Hit confirming into super was SO fucking hard.

the tech made the game worse and everyone dropped Yun Makoto Ken Chun OSParry Fighter Three: Confirm Into 50% Off Guess when sf4 came out

And everyone dropped Ultra Yun ERyu Elena crouch tech 4: Safe invincible reversal into 50% comeback mechanic 4 when SF5 came out.

People drop old games for new games and a small dedicated community gets left behind, whats fucking new.

sf4 is still a better game than 5, which couldn't have been said for sf3 when sf4 came out
sf4 had version revisions to make 'safe invincible reversal into ultra' not even really exist in the same capacity as vanilla, elena was not as used as you think she was and yun was dropped by everyone not named kazunoko when ultra came out
sf3 is a really shit game, sf4 is a shit game, sfv is shit AND boring which makes it worse than either
if I have to see another tech video that is just a fucking shimmy again