Is this game any good lads? How's the story, gameplay etc

Is this game any good lads? How's the story, gameplay etc.

Also general CRPG thread I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ftWRSvRbUV0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Buy it.

The atmosphere is awesome.

He already bought it he wants to know what he's in for now.

I haven't actually bought it yet. Just curious what you guys think first.

definitely interested in Underrail

I'm nearing the end of Divine Divinity, can anyone think of another CRPG with hack-and-slash combat that doesn't skimp out on dialogue, exploration and story? I'm not opposed to party-focused combat, I just had a lot of fun with Divine Divinity and it's definitely a lot less of a learning curve than a lot of forsaken realms adaptions

Retard

Forgotten realms* durr

its tight dude

still dunkin'

how fallout 3 should've been. Challenging combat that punish rookie.
Story is basically sets in post-apocalyptic future underground, where the surface is so uninhabitable that nobody wants to live up there. Then there's this biocorp corporation that is responsible for every shit. A lot of shady shit happened and there's this man made cthulu tried to evolve to god then there's this alien called godmen, but you don't really gives a shit since all you want are exp and loots.

Pretty good game, it has its flaws but honestly for being done by just one guy it was really good.

The story is decent, the gameplay is good and there are a lot of viable builds.

the only problem you may encounter is that this game doesn't handhold you in any way, so if you have little to no experience with this type of games (meaning you are shit at rpgs) you are going to get shit on and won't enjoy the game at all

although i do think that the beginning of the game might be a little unbalanced for some builds, for example my full psi build was a breeze on hard, but my sniper build was hell because you have no good weapons early.

still, the game is completely worth its price and it is replayable if you enjoy playing with different builds

user. Maggot has joined as a player.

>but my sniper build was hell because you have no good weapons early

I can't think of much that would give trouble to a sniper early on. A pistol is more than enough to deal with everything you absolutely have to kill, and getting ammo is definitely easier at that point than forking out the money for psi trainers, considering your resources pre-Junkyard are very much limited and finite.

Bretty gud. Difficulty seems to scale so you're always outgunned so you have to really plan in advance. I went high Int build for an engineer/crafter build and enjoyed it for the most part. I used to acid/flame guns and lots of grenades and usually cleared most encounters with little difficulty.

PSI beetles are hell to kill with the shitty pistols you get early, you don't have sniper rifles nor assault rifles early so you absolutely have to take damage from them (a min-max build for sniper takes only 3 con) that makes incredibly more difficult than a full psi build that can take them out in one round with no damage doing punch + anything else combo

It's extremaly good, easily the best cRPG released in the last few years. It's the Fallout 3 we never got.

Has probably the best single character turn based combat system I've ever seen, dozens of builds and almost all equally viable and powerful, none of the Sawyer-tier balance bullshit either.

Setting is pretty good, great worldbuilding, lore seems lackluster at first glance but it's actually pretty cool if you dig into it and piece it all together.

Great exploration, HUGE metro and cave systems, you can easily get lost in the caves.

>I can't think of much that would give trouble to a sniper early on.
The problem is you can't be a sniper early on.

You can craft one after cave hoopers if you are lucky with traders and manage to get all the necessary components, but very often you won'y be able to get one before finishing GMS.

>A pistol is more than enough to deal with everything you absolutely have to kill
Pist bettles are a pain since 7/62 Hawker barely goes through their armor and W2C ammo is limited at this point. GMS robots/bandits are pretty hard too.

You have to get really creative with grenades, traps and nets before you get your first sniper rifle.

t. Dev

>(a min-max build for sniper takes only 3 con)
>implying
Maybe if you are savescumming. Try playing permadeath sometime.

Having average health and being able to survive some abuse is well worth sacrificing those few hit chance %.

3 CON builds have extremaly low margin of error, even the slightest mistake will cost you your life. It's even worse if take PSI.

>for some reason didn't enjoy Wasteland 2
>cautious about getting this

I really wish I had gotten this when it released, there were so many threads about it and everyone generally seemed to have a good time.

The expansion is on its way, maybe there will be more threads once it's out.

Here's hoping we'll get a good, if smaller, group again when the expansion comes out. It was an absolute blast playing this game with Cred Forums and I love all of you faggots who made it happen.

Thats because wasteland 2 sucked and this doesnt

The story is renowned as a shitty one but the gameplay is cool.

Nah I really like the story starts out slow but there is so much if you explore the surroundings and later on.
Aye it was fun and comfy.
YES!

The story (by which in this case I mean the main quest) would be okay, if not for the fact that it suddenly starts dropping a lot of twist hints in the final 3~4 hours of the game that if turned out to be true would be absolute game changer. The problem is that there is no way to prove or disprove them and they are just kind of left hanging. No matter how hard you look, you can't get a definitive answer, and it is a little frustrating.

what game

I think its okay. I found the gameplay less interesting than most people seem to make it.

>The story is renowned as a shitty
Eh, it's good enough. Not terribly engaging or anything, but it's a good driving force. I would say it's pretty much like in Fallout 1.

Neverwinter Nights

stinkin Neverwinter Nights. Buying it set an chain of events that eventually gave me an opportunity to work in gamedev (which I'm doing to this day... and no I'm not talking bout Indie "gamedev") so I guess it was worth it.

Don't worry user but Wasteland 2 was lackluster for me too. It's writing wasn't too bad but the meat of it was all combat and that shit got stale after a while.
Dragonfall has pulled me out of my gaming rut. It's pissed me off here and there though and really forced me to savescum to get past certain parts. Rigging sucks fucking donkey dick. Eiger and Glory are both amazing waifus and I can't decide which is better.

NWN looks breddy neat. Any best ways/tips to play it for a first timer? I'm pretty good at RPGs.

Don't play the OC

Skip the original campaign
Get the henchman AI mod

>but there is so much if you explore the surroundings and later on
There is, and it's amazing. It's cool because in some cases the game starts dropping hints very early, I mean you get some shit in the first hour of the game that sounds like just generic exposition dump that won't make sense until the very end of the game, and because of this you probably won't notice until a new playthrough.

But there are two questions that don't get answered that bothered me more than the rest.
One question you are offered (or not) during DC: Was the Cube stolen by Oculus?
And one after you return: Was the earthquake caused by Tanner?

And the answer to both could have serious implications for how we interpret the events of the game.

We don't know if the man who stole the Cube was working for the Oculus- it's possible, even likely, but we just don't know. We only know that he was working for Tanner and it was Tanner who wanted the Cube.

The earthquakes were caused directly by the Faceless- they probably mobilized a lot of tunnelers once the Cube was stolen, so many that they caused the earthquake.

But since it was Tanner who was responsible for stealing it, you could say that he caused it indirectly.

>Tumblrfail
No

It is most fun if you go and punch enemies
Crossbows require tactics
Guns require tactics
Psionics require tactics
Game is overall great, I give it 8/10 because crafting was not fun for me

Yeah, I know we don't know the answer for the first one. Although a link between Oculus and Tanner would be fucking huge, as absolutely nothing ties the two together in the game aside from this single hint. But as both are about deception and working from the shadows, it would make a lot of sense. And it would also mean that they played literally everyone, including Six.

However you are wrong about the second. You missed a number of optional conversations during mid-game and the epilogue with Harold.

Let me quote them for you:
Well, first of all, from the seismic analysis I did, it appears that the Faceless invasion and the recent earthquake are *not* connected in any way. That's first. As for your question, I feel the oligarchs are not responsible for the invasion. I've talked to people around here, and all of them mention the oligarchs. Oligarchs this, that... nah.

Now, this time, during the earthquake, we've had such a large number of batteries die all at once it's insane. Yes, most of them were *pretty* old optoelectric nuclear batteries; don't mistake them for common nickel-palladium fusion batteries, though. These are very rare to find.

And finally
I don't know who he was or *why* this is all happening, but I do know I've noticed a drastic increase in power levels since disappearance. Clear as a mindshroom in the black, I tell you. He had something in his room drawing a lot of power, and I think that's the reason Ezra wanted me to go to Tanner's room with him.

Lesson: don't forget to drop by the tech guy every once in a while.

That's interesting, I guess I just didn't pay enough attention when tlaking to him. Probably because he such a boring guy.

It all sounds like Tanner caused the earthquakes, maybe to slow the Faceless down.

More then likely.

Do I have to be at a certain point in the game before I can start crafting tactical vests? Looking at the wiki seems like there are 5-6 types you can make but I need to find "carrier vest" first of which I am not seeing for sale by any NPCs nor blueprints of it.

Probably. But it is just as possible that he did it just to set things in motion. Remember that the only reason the Cube didn't reach him is the earthquake itself. If he was the one who did it, he most definitely had to know his agents would not be able to return. Now it's possible that all of this was an elaborate plan to kill Six off. On the other hand if that was the case he wouldn't need you to go after the Cube, since it only kept Six from going after Tchort himself.

It's true that the earthquake was the reason why the Cube didn't reach him, but it's possible it was the lesser evil and bad luck- maybe without it the Faceless would catch up to whoever stole the Cube too fast.

I doubt the earthquake was meant to kill Six- he's weaker than him, it's likely that he wants the Cube precisely to gain enough power to kill him.

On the other hand, it's possible that power-costly thing had nothing to do with the eartquake- my guess is that hibernation pad behind the picture or even Tanner himself. He's probably a cyborg like Six, it's possible he needs a lot of power to survive.

>no one never mentions how good the music is
It's fucking rad.

youtube.com/watch?v=ftWRSvRbUV0

>muh nostalgia
>muh turn based
>muh magic
>muh tchort

It's fucking shit. SHIT!