>nostalgia
>implying one can have nostalgia for a series they discovered through ssb
nice bait

Paper Mario.
Metroid.

>Implying most "fans" of this game were even alive when it was released

L.O.L.

Yeah. SSB64 is old as shit now

I played Earthbound at age twenty and loved every second of it. I'm not the biggest JRPG fan but the tone this game strikes is just wholly original in gaming.

That's not Morrowind m8.
Must be an underage that started with Skyrim and never heard of the other games before.

Wowfags
All they ever talk about ia
>muh vanilla

I played it recently for the first time and it's great. Eat shit

>Okay
What did he mean by this?

>played game on new 3ds recently for first time
>its fucking amazing

never listen to Cred Forums

M2 is my favorite game of all time and nothing you say will ever change it unless someone surpasses Chaos theory

>there are people on the Internet RIGHT NOW who consider it better than 2 and 3

All megaman games before X are shit.

>Implying

It's not GOAT 10000/10 THE BEST THE BEST BEST like those idiots at Saturn Valley will lead you to believe.

However it's a fantastic game and way ahead of it time

The one objectively correct answer.

This.

I'm 23, I played it for the first time two years ago and I loved it. I' currently replaying it now.
My little sister saw me playing and downloaded the rom to her phone, and she loves it too.

You want to look at nostalgia blindness? Go to any Pokemon thread and see the genwunners sperging out

Shut your goddam nigger mouth

>Mega Man X: 1993
>Mega Man II: 1988
try again

This. Remember there are a staggering amount of people out there who believe this game has no flaws that it is a the pinnacle of the RPG genre.

I never played this game as a kid. I played it for the first time last year and liked it a lot. Story was great and the gameplay was somewhat dated but pretty good too. I had fun

>inb4 some waifufag claims they only played it recently and enjoyed it

The same is said about every game.

Kingdom Hearts 1, the story is a fucking cringefest and the gameplay is disastrous... The only good thing about that game is the opening/ending song.

Wrong image, doofus.

I played and beat it for the first time last week and I fucking love it

This is true, it doesn't help the most recent entries are actually shit as well

That background is fucking crazy. Everything looks made of metal, houses look warped, the city is burning, I don't even know what those yellow things on the ground are, palm trees, etc.

I don't think nostalgic people are the problem with this game. It's the fags who like FF7 because of AC or KH that ruin it for everybody else. I have massive nostalgia over FF4 but I can see why people wouldn't like it. Those weebs that pick AC Cloud in smash don't know jack shit about FF7 though.

Too easy.

Zelda?

The gameplay being dated is debatable. I think it's perfectly playable today.

Everything else is legitimately superior to every other MGS. The atmosphere, characters, sound effects, music, codec art, pacing, the ending etc. All of it is fantastic.

Any of these

>Started on Daggerfall
>played Arena after
>Then morrowind, oblivion and skyrim respectively
I felt like it was
Daggerfall>Oblivion>Skyrim>Morrowind>Arena

Lets just get this out of the way.

Earth bound was mediocre when it was released.
The people that enjoyed it on release enjoyed it because its quirks. there is nothing nostaligic about it.

Like imagine if someone brought up undertale 10 years from now and you say that it's just nostalgia.

You will never understand its significance to the RPG scene, ever. All you see is praise and not understanding it. Keep being a blinded fool.

Earthbound is aging, but it's still playable, and the game itself is still fun. Mother 3 is legitimately excellent as well.

My contribution is Elder Scrolls.

>dated
I thought the controls were garbage back in 1999.

Dozens of JRPGs were creating hundreds of unique mechanics. Earthbound ripped off dragon quest just put it in a new setting. I doubt a game that sold like shit had a huge impact on the industry.

You are the earthbound fag that makes me make these threads pointing out how overrated this fucking series is

Any 3D zelda game.

Easy.

Played these 3 last year and my mind was blown that games were so much more fun back then. The current state of this industry is depressing.

>be 7 years old
>EarthBound is at the kiosk
>play for 5 minutes
>wtfamireading.jpg
>get DKC2 instead

nothing of value was lost

Super Metroid is fine though

I played it for the first time in 2014 and had a blast

Original Metroid on the other hand is a steaming pile of shit that nobody should touch

>Earth bound was mediocre when it was released.

nope

>Dozens of JRPGs were creating hundreds of unique mechanics.

No. Stop your bullshit.

Name a bigger contrarian faggot than the posters in this thread

(You)

Yes?
compared to other RPGs at the time it was pretty low quality with some nice ideas.

le smart math comic

Morrowind

Okay.

One of few cases where art dirction is so shit that is hard to enjoy the game.
Whoever thought that 3d and chibi are good ideas should be shot.
This was year of FFT so we know that SE could get shit done well with sprites.

Called it

Zelda

>A-ATLEAST ITS BETTER THAN FO3

Dunno senpai, I finished it a month or two back for the first time and I loved it.

earthbound is good.

people just seem to hate it right now because of indie devs using earthbound as their "inspiration".

Starmen.net is one of the most autistic gatherings I have ever seen.

i thought that image was going to be something else
i need to reorganize my folder

Maplestory

I'll admit some private servers handle pre-bb better, but they won't accept that the game was shit back then, compared to now

FFVII