Who is Nintendo's target audience with this shit?

Who is Nintendo's target audience with this shit?

Do you think they'll make things right with the NX

l actually have zero interest in the NX hardware as l'm convinced it's going to be ass but l'm extremely interest in their software output

l think there's a chance they'll fix their shit but l wouldn't be surprised if they kept being tone deaf

Gamers.

No wonder Cred Forums hates them.

>I judge games based on websites, memes and Cred Forums reaction without even playing them

What defines a "gamer" in this context?

People who actually play video games.

Not shills, not fans of ecelebs, not faggots with nothing better to do, actual gaming enthusiasts.

People who like fun games and don't gives a fuck about "Muh sacred series, Muh dislike of gimmick" as long as the game is enjoyable.

Tell me more about your library of console shooters, user.

Is it not possible to be devoted to video games while simultaneously enjoying a gaming-related Youtuber?

autistic late 20s/early 30s hotpocket stained permavirgin manchildren whose parents bought them a N64 instead of a PS1 back in 1996.
I wish I was joking

Star Fox Zero's target audience was SF64 fans, which I believe is still the top grossing star fox game

Federation Force's target audience was the Prime fans, trying to recreate the pretty decent success of Prime Hunters with a lower budget game. They didn't count on the severe artstyle backlash though

Color Jam's target audience is tougher to place. there's a some kind of audience that's somewhere between classic Mario RPG fan and core Mario fan. I get the impression that every Mario RPG will sell a certain amount regardless of quality. It's kinda like how Kirby games consistently sell regardless of quality (though in Kirby's case the quality has stayed consistently better)

in each case I can see why they'd go with each title, even if the games themselves were misteps

It is, but those people don't defer to e-celebs to explain why a game is good. They use their own experience.

It's the e-celeb shills who constantly post shit like, say, Egoraptor's sequelitis videos, particularly the Zelda one, and act as if they are insightful commentaries on game design. Real enthusiasts know they are full of shit, and are quick to jump on them, even if they DO like Egoraptor's output.

Liking ecelebs is not in and of itself the problem. The problem is that people are pretending to have real knowledge of vidya because they watched some Youtuber spout some memes.

Looks like you fell for a pretty sophisticated ruse.

Also, that's a whole lot of catch phrases and buzzwords.

THIS

The lack of self awareness in this post is amazing

/thread

Star Fox Zero wanted existing Star Fox fans

ForceFed wanted the Transformers/GI Joe audience

Sticker Star and Color Splash is just the dev team's own self-fellation

I wish you were too.

Padding the release schedule while they ready the NX

The serious parts of the Zelda Sequelitis is 100% spot on though.

Nintendo is making games for themselves and it's been a serious problem for a while now.

>itt autistic manchildren who are irrationally angry about childrens video games call other people autistic man children