>fired Marty
>began CoD-ized version of Halo

they realized they didn't have to try anymore to make a gorillion bucks

>leave microsoft because they want more creative freedom
>go to activision less than a year later
>made destiny

The CoDified Halo is dead, thankfully

ODST and Reach

This was mainly Activision's fault and the literally autistic CEO that no one liked who isn't the CEO anymore

>sign a 10 year contract for a billion shekels
>forced to make the same game the entire time
Keeping the studio alive practically guaranteed for 10 years seems worth it.

All the people who made Halo great left.

They tried to fuck Marty over and steal his music, thankfully he reverse fucked them and got what he was owed.

Joe Staten wrote an amazing story with lots of deep lore, but 90% of it got thrown out so he left.

And the Destiny music has only gotten better since

Sorry Marty fag

>All the people who made Halo great left
And where did they go? Definitely not in 343.

they stopped making games for macs

>pay2win

So you never actually played Destiny?

Parting ways with MS. They kept one another in check. Yin and Yang.

Now, 343 has ruined the Halo brand and Bungee sold their souls to the devil.

Is Staten back at Microsoft?
I heard he is once again working on Halo with 343

>People can cry all they want but Destiny keeps getting better with more players every year

kek

He did a Halo book, we still have fucking Brian Reed at 343. Staten actually worked on ReCore.

microsoft bought them out and forced them to make halo and nothing else

Everyone cool left, what remained sold its soul to Activision and prostituted what was left of its body. Meanwhile 343 fumbles about, just a sloven cash addicted bastard child that'll never live up to their father's legacy.

The dream is over and what happened with Marty was the final nail in the coffin. Fuck NĂ¼Bungie.

>This turd is starting to smell better
Hahaha

Destiny is like the new battlefront in many ways. Both games piggyback ed off of successful franchises and sold incredibly well, but they were both terrible, shallow games in the end and ended up being the butt of many jokes.

They had the potential to really hit a homerun with Destiny and go independent, but they pretty much fumbled it. Destiny is getting better, but it's not quite there still and it's taken time.

You do know Marty created all that music, look in the credits you spastic, he's credited for composing everything, even in the DLCs.

Well, he is working on more Microsoft games.
I don't get Bungie. What made them leave Microsoft.

They wanted to be independent... So they sign a 10 year contract with activision.

They wanted creative freedom... so they sign up a 10 year contract with activision to make destiny games for the next 10 years

And now they are leaving the company. Bungie is going to become the new Rare. The talent is out and all it's left is a shallow corpse.

More mind blowing. They are leaving to go back to the company they wanted so desperate to abandon: microsoft

How long till Marty joins Staten in future Microsoft exclusive titles?

I dunno, they've done a lot to fix Destiny. There's hope yet.

>$40 for one character boost to level 40.

Yeah not pay2win at all, Bungie cuck.

They went from being the guy at the office with his shirt out, missing tie and top button undone that's your best bro, to being a corporate pet.

>tfw the real halo killer was halo itself

Marty and Staten teaming up would be the best.

I'd say after his indie PSVR game comes out, which looks pretty shit, hopefully he'll go to 343 and somewhat fix that hellhole.

I can't speak of what happens behind the curtains, but from the interviews, the making of videos, both Staten and Marty seem to be great friends.

I miss pre-Halo Bungie.

Remember, the one that knew how to make more than one kind of game?

MS wanted more Halo.
Bungie didnt.
What Bungie didnt realize was how shit activision was.
It's actually sad how MS is one of the least terrible publishers.
>Bioware goes to EA
>ME2, ME3, DA2, DAI, MEA
DAO wont count as I hear a lot was done pre EA.
Now Bungie is fucked after leaving MS.
MS is fucked too, as they lost their flagship, and they didnt realize how shit 343 is.

apart from myst they've always been shooter guys.

stop trying to be a hipster

apart from Myth they've always been shooter guys.

stop trying to be a hipster

Literally everything after halo 1 was massively overrated. They were never special after that

Nah, you're wrong.

Well, you need to remember that happen after Peter Moore and before Phil Spencer.

Bungie leaving and their bad relationship with Microsoft started during the Don Mattrick saga.
He was the one ruining the Xbox brand and creating bad relation between first party and MGS.

What if Staten, Marty and the rest of the gang go back to Microsoft to form a new studio, now with based Phill Spencer leading the division.
It would be perfect. 343 would have Halo to deal with, maybe with some help/feedback/input from the new "bungie" first party team, and Staten and the rest could make their own dream games.

The best thing to do right now for Microsoft would be to simply fire 343's leadership and writers. Then try to get Staten back on Halo, that likely wouldn't work though. Anybody would be better than the people who run 343 now.

>we yo microsoft, we're tired of halo
>shit was finished years ago
>"Make more Halo you stupid fucks"
Which in turn they got a juicy contract from Activision, which ironically locks them again to making the same game. Anyone that says Bungie was stupid to accept should understand the situation. They were given a pass to stay as a studio for 10 years. Smart choice considering how volatile the industry is.

They ruined FPS.

>bungie is fucking retarded because look at this pic from halo 4
>halo 4 was made by 343

>What if Staten, Marty and the rest of the gang go back to Microsoft to form a new studio, now with based Phill Spencer leading the division.
Bungie is broken as fuck.
After Halo CE some left to for Wideload games who made Stubbs the Zombie. They got reduced to mobile devs.
Bungie split with MS had some people stay in 343, many stuck with Activision, we have probably not seen individuals just quitting, only big names. Bungie wont reform.
Even if it did, it wont change much, the bone has fuck all to offer, and their pc games would require windows 10.
On the bright side, 343 only has one more game left.

They sold out to Microsoft

Halo 4 is a mod of Halo Reach, which Bungie made. Halo 2, 3, ODST, Reach and Destiny have off center aiming because it supposedly encourages lower skill players to look up more due to Halo having lots of vertical environments. I think that's a stupid design choice and completely unnecessary, but that's the reason.

>Then try to get Staten back on Halo, that likely wouldn't work though.
You cant salvage it at this point.

Didn't you hear, user? The Reclaimer trilogy is a saga now. Expect several more games.

I actually like how the reticle is placed lower

ODST and Reach were both awesome. Especially the Armor system in Reach. I'll give you firefight in ODST was lame, but the campaign was well done.

>Don Mattrick
2009 is when they introduced Kinect, funny how all of Microsoft's first party IPs started to go downhill starting with Halo with ODST in that year.

I'm not saying that bungie should go back to microsoft.
You don't need the brand, only the talent. Staten is already working on microsoft related games. Games that aren't halo.

What if MGS under the wing of Phill Spencer, a guy that knows more about the industry than fucking Don Patrick, decided to hire staten and the good talent from old bungie and form a new dev studio?

That would be perfect. They are clearly returning to microsoft, there is clearly some good relations still happening between former bungie key members and microsoft. I want to believe that is thanks to Phill. He is probably offering work to old MGS partners.

Reminder that the Marathon trilogy are the most patrician games Bungie ever created, and it's all been downhill from there.

Destiny has been very successful, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

>reaching max level is winning

damn

Leaving Halo and making Destiny

Exactly this.

How do you take one of the best and most innovative game studios whose work thrives because of the better software platform afforded by superior OSes, and then force them to just churn out the same mediocre game again and again for the worst software platform ever created?

Microsoft's destruction of Bungie is right up with their killing of BeOS in the list of their crimes against the software industry.

He wrote years worth of additional music for the game before he was axed. Destiny will be using his music in its soundtrack for potentially several more years.

Reminder that the meme "games? let's just show tv and netflix during our E3 conferences" started with Don Mattrick. He was the one trying to make games a secondary feature on the xbox.

He is the person who almost killed the xbox brand and the man responsible for the bad rep the bone got and still has

Always online and no used games was his idea too.

ODST was fine. SP was godly, and multiplayer was 3's which was fun. Firefight was also great.
ODST is my favourite Halo.

Why?
No one likes it.

ODST was shovelware and Reach was an incredibly letdown. After the gigantic success of Halo 3 reaching millions uppon millions of sales in the first week ( i think it sold like, 10 million copies first week) Reach by comparison felt incredibly underwhelming.

It wasn't no where near as popular as Halo 3 was. Granted, CoD4 pretty much killed everything that happen before in terms of mainstream popularity. But the last big Halo game was Halo 3

>most innovative
>removing features is innovation
The sum of Bungie's contributions to video games are: carrying two guns at a time, moving slow, and having a narrow FOV.

>ODST and Reach were both awesome
I will never get this, both games were glorified shit. One was an empty, boring, short, overpriced expansion with a campaign that felt like more of a waste of time and didn't even have the type of gameplay that Bungie originally wanted, You could tell it was made in a year. Reach was a piece a shit that threw out canon from everything to exist, went for the COD crowd and threw out Halo color for bland desaturated garbage. When look at the credits of who made Reach it becomes apparent why it was pure shit. Face facts faggot, Bungie died in 09 and they only got worse from there, If your got Destiny after playing Reach and hating it you deserve it for being a retarded cunt believing after Bungie's shit show at e3 2013 that Destiny was going to be good.

Protip game sharing and no used games was actually a good thing

always online however wasnt

-many good devs left
-they stopped making halo
-they are a puppet on Microsoft's string

take your pick

See me and this guy

Odst was fucking god tier you right cunt

reach was decent not amazing

That wasn't Bungie that was Microsoft's "Bungie". They had to re-write their engine around the limitations of Microsoft's platform, and then dumb down the game to allow for the inferiority of their gamepad.

Microsoft was shitty to Bungie, but Activision manages to be worst.
Bungie left Microsoft with all his key members and talent intact.

Now everyone is leaving Bungie. Key members, founders... Everyone is abandoning the sinking ship that is Bungie. All because of Activision.

Microsoft was bad, but it never broke Bungie.
Bungie is rotting under Activision's wings

>left Microsoft for "creative freedom"
>hired by Activision

>-many good devs left
>-they are a puppet on Microsoft's string
These when they went independent and made ODST and beyond, it was over. The actual good devs leaving (Halo 1-3) didn't help.

They crashed with Halo 4 and when they fucked Marty. I was really dissapointed. Honestly though, I've thoroughly enjoyed Halo 5 multiplayer.

The campaign was pretty meh, and I hate how they changed the character design for the Elites armor, and altogether kind of dumbed them down and made them more barbaric.

All the DLC has been free for multiplayer, and they are really active getting feedback from the players on how to make the game better. It's taken some time, but I think if they continue this trend, the next Halo game will be pretty tight.

That pepe looks weird.

Halo 4 was made by 343 you nigger.
The last game Bungie worked on for Microsoft was Reach

Because it's designed and colored after the classic pepe

>Bungie made Halo 4
You on something son?

So what is the real Bungie? The one from 20 years ago?

How were they innovative and why haven't they been innovative in two decades?

>classic pepe

Oh my god.

Bungie has been dead for more than a decade, Activision just doesn't care enough to pay people to pretend that the corpse is still alive.

Hopefully some of them get together and build a new studio. I'd love to play some spiritual sequels to Myth, and Oni on my Mac and Linux machines.

youtube.com/watch?v=OtG6--4r_qk
They expected Activision to be different. Boy were they wrong.

What makes you think they have less creative freedom?

They were simpler times

They also made Oni.

>Everyone is abandoning the sinking ship that is Bungie
They left Microsoft so they can work on something new. Now they're stuck making the same product once again so it's not surprise that many people are leaving to join other companies + forming their own studios.

>I love sucking nu-Bungie cock
Both games were complete shit and an insult to both the Halo name and the fanbase, fuck of nu-fag.

I don't know, I haven't played Destiny but Reach was definitely a fall from grace. Was still a solid game but you can tell they were ready to move on to a new IP.

Marathon is cooler than Halo because Halo treats the player like this galactic hero but Marathon treats them like a brute that's only useful for murdering things.

Yeah no shit. I was talking about 343

>How were they innovative
Go play Myth the Fallen Lords

> why haven't they been innovative in two decades?
Microsoft

It's always nice seeing Pepe in his un-corrupted form.

I WAS TALKING ABOUT 343 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Pepe is more pure now than ever. Pure smug.

>All the ODST hate ITT

What shit taste.

***INCOMING MESSAGE FROM DURANDAL***

Strive for your next breath. Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one. Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

And just where do your capacities come from? Why do you always go where I want and do what I say?

Perhaps you're just running a fool's errand, doing everything as I've planned, never able to change your course. You would do well to believe that I know the outcome of your battle with the Pfhor already, just as I can decipher the chaotic motion of gas molecules in the clouds of Tau Ceti IV.

Or, perhaps, that is not the case.

Perhaps, you are doing what you were meant to do. Your human mentality screams for vengeance and thrives on the violence that you say you can hardly endure. Your father told you as a child to always fight with honor, but to always fight. Do you care about honor, or do you use honor as an excuse? An excuse to exist in a violent world.

Organic beings are constantly fighting for life. Every breath, every motion brings you one instant closer to your death. With that kind of heritage and destiny, how can you deny yourself? How can you expect yourself to give up violence?

It is your nature.

Do you feel free?

You should go to this location and retrieve a device that the S'pht have provided for us. It will allow you to slay more Pfhor. Does that make you happy?

***END OF MESSAGE***

More like pure evil.

Joe Staten and Marty are the best haha nah just kidding staten can't plan a narrative for shit seriously everything is just made up as he goes along which is why destiny is such a clusterfuck and why halo games were just a continuous cocktease about the forerunners jesus christ why are you going to keep tickling my balls about this ancient mysterious civilization for a goddamned decade oh and marty sucks too he's literally babby's first horn section and the gregorian chant is just painfully cheese

>They abandoned Marathon for Halo
ftfy

They had already abandoned Marathon. Infinity was the conclusion, they were done.

What I don't get is why people are so quick to bash Hello Games for No Man's Lies when Bungie lied AT LEAST as much as they did about Destiny, and then some.

>look him up
>his wiki page is all positive descriptions of horrible things he implemented
>kinect sold well
W-what?

This is why Durandal is better than Cortana.

Lying is kind of a post-buyout Bungie thing. They lied their asses off about Halo 2 and got away with it.

The fact that Halo 2 was still a really good game helped, but it wasn't at all the game they said it would be.

Colony ship for sale, cheap.

>Halo 2
After the campaign I almost dropped the franchise Halo 3 brought me back but then the rest of the series happened.

>It's all Activision's fault!
kek
also Halo was always babby's first FPS, it didn't do anything that wasn't done before, and better

Halo 2 was the game that taught me to stop caring about videogame stories.

That's true. The fact that we never saw the teaser level from the trailer helped make me into the jaded old man that I am today.

>okay... we're on earth, we're in the city.. should be any minute now..
>okay.. we've left earth. maybe we'll go back?
>wait, what? i'm a gay dinosaur now?
>okay, cool, i'm chief again. that last level is going to be so cool!
>YOU MIND TELLING ME WHATCHA DOIN ON DAT THERE SHIP CHIEEFER
>SIR FINISHING THE FIGHT
>holy fuck! here it comes!
>roll credits

All those years just to watch Master Chief fall off a spaceship, get back up and march through a so-so campaign only to have player 2 kill the badguy in a cutscene.

What a bullshit cliffhanger.

I will never not be angry about this.

I mean, destiny was just as bad.

>You see that wilderness? You can explore it!

It's still his music m8

I had already caught on to their lies by then. Bungie pissed me off with ODST, made me hate them with Reach, and by the time Destiny was revealed, I no longer gave a shit about them anymore, I moved on.

This, so much this

This and Halo Wars.
ODST would have been fine as a book and Reach was CoDified.
Halo was great, Halo 2 was amazing, Halo 3 was pretty damn good. Everything else just ruined it.

So true