Why would Letho ever help Geralt later? Even if you "spared" him...

Why would Letho ever help Geralt later? Even if you "spared" him, there's no reason for him to help you since he was prepared to fight back anyway.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4hHuEv9f1B8&t=7m28s
youtu.be/l1Dtr6SuKB0?t=114
playgwent.com/en/killtheservers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_First_Law
linkedin.com/in/karolina-stachyra-1661a0a5
mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,703037/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>spared him
top cuckold

>he was prepared anyway
"Prepared" does not equal "sure to win", geralt is a certified badass no one wants to mess with even among witchers, and there are also general codes of conduct among witchers.

Also, no hard feelings either way, and geralt is one hell of a connected and influential personage, and one that does makes good on their debts.

How is Geralt influential? Everybody treats him like a bitch, especially royality.

I would have let him go if he didn't go "I beat you once I can do it again, but I don't want to so just walk away haha like close your eyes nigga"

I don't know what part you're talking about where Letho helps you, considering Geralt helps Letho in TW3.

Also, Geralt remembered that he had saved Letho from the Wild Hunt before the games started. Letho has perfect reason to not want to fight Geralt.

>spared him

>especially royality.
That's just royalty being royalty.

The same reason Geralt helps kill Radovid after all the preaching in 2 about Witchers not mixing with politics.

Bad writing.

>How is Geralt influential?
Every king invite him personally to request him to do their bidding. He is also strong, which is a reason alone
>"but they treat him like shit"
keep up appearances, they're not going to grovel, but even though geralt doesn't show a hint of respect, he's alive

Yeah but he is still acquainted with powerful people and even though you work for them they still listen to what you have to tell them and are willing to spare some ressources for Geralt if he asks nicely.

Letho and Geralt are alpha Witchers. They don't give a fuck about rules. They kill monsters/humans/kings etc. Nothing personal just their job.

They are the biggest bros and differ between work and private live.

Radovid was, at that point, indirectly out to murder Geralts friends.

Character comprehension not your strong point, eh?

First of all, despite what he does, Letho actually does like Geralt. A lot. He does not let that interfere with his mission in TW2 (but it's worth remembering that it was his ambition to HELP GERALT and repay his debt to him that got him to where he was in TW2 in the first fucking place). He offers Geralt the option to fight him solely because he believes Geralt deserves that right. It's yet ANOTHER act of sympathy and respect towards Geralt.

Finally, Geralt is the one that "helps" Letho in TW3 when you decide to interfere. And you make things worse for him by accident, at which point you can offer him sanctuary in Kaer Morhen. Which for him is a pretty big deal and big help. The fact that he stays and helps against the Wild Hunt is really just a small payback for a whole bunch of things Geralt has done for him.

>Bad writing.

But this was directly adressed in the game. Geralt was very reluctant to help, but Dijkstra presented a lot of good arguments, especially since Radovid started to come after Geralt's closest friends.

by the end of 2 nothing matters anymore

geralt was out for "revenge" but it literally doesnt matter by the end of 2.

They turned Radovid into an assburger.

Is there a mod to make him look more like he did in W2?

>choosing not to bow to Emperor Emhyr

Glorious. Geralt can do whatever the fuck he wants. Even by Radovid's standards, Geralt should be killed for using magic but doesn't.

The lower class people only know witchers as overpriced pest control. The elite of the world value witchers for a lot of reasons.

>Geralt helps Letho in TW3
No. You can fuck up his plan or do nothing at all in his quest.

>Bad writing.

geralt is a canon terminal hypocrite that will do anything just to reach his goal. His Witcher's vow is just another weapon to reassure peasants to get their gold

It's pretty clear that the whole "Witchers don't get involved" thing is bullshit rule that Witchers claim when things get hot and at multiple times Geralt is called out on that.

Yeah Geralt definitely felt more of a moralfag in 3 compared to 1 and 2. I just figured they tried to make him more likeable to the wider audience.

TW2 had such better character models. Roche looks like fucking Ben Affleck.

Letho was on the run from an employer who was trying to kill him. Geralt decided to help because Letho helped Yennefer at some point.

The only way to fuck over Letho is by killing all the people who witnessed his "death".

Because Witcher 2 and Witcher 3 were written by different people. And as you might guess The Witcher 3 writers were all fucking hacks.

Letho tells you in TW2 you will never see him again. That was the perfect ending to the character

Since they brought back Roche they should have brought back Iorveth,not Letho

You can choose not to get involved but then you get the bad ending, where the evil guy MADovid wins

There's no good ending. All the choices suck

>especially royality.
That's because royals are self-entitled pricks that in the Witcherverse have a VERY common trend of getting killed in hilariously embarrassing ways because of all the people they've screwed over thinking they're untouchable.

Foltest and Radovid, just to name a couple, and in most endings of Witcher 3 Emhyr gets fucked over by Geralt.

Only if you're a dirty squirrel. Geralt winds up happy in any variation of the Witcher Ciri ending, and personal happiness is the best anyone in Witcher can hope for.

>he didn't get the witcher ciri ending

LOOK AT THIS MAN
LOOK AT HIM AND LAUGH

No, that's a straight up lie.

There are good endings and bad endings. Radovid winning is a bad ending. Hjalmar being king is a bad ending. Ciri dying is a bad ending.

You're thinking of the previous Witcher games they didn't have good or bad endings, just endings.

Wtf are you on about?
Did you even play the game pleb?
Geralt saves letho from the mercenaries sent after him. They would have taken his head as a trophy if geralt wasnt there to "suggest" they take the medallion instead

I remember there being more than just a single screen and one sentence. Cery if I remember correctly focused more on trade, whereas the king lived up to old traditions.

He was DYEL in W1 you googlah. His armor is two sizes too big for him.

Yeah something about Cerys turning skellige into something "ok" and never anything more.

And Hjalmar doing the high risk high reward

What the fuck by the way? I think he justifies it somehow but I don't remember. This isn't even a plan, it's just "maybe" riding on "if", did he actually think that they won't do anything to his body or at least to be sure that you are dead and stab you a couple of times, desperate as fuck.

Cery just kills Skellige with a whimper instead of with more than with a bang.
I just put her on the throne so they would not piss on muh daughter's empire.

That's pretty much it though. Cerys is depicted next to crops (even though we were told nothing would grow on Skelige). Then we're told she lead an enlightened rule and Skelige bloomed while the rest of the world was at war.

And Hjalmar drowned his own people in their blood.

I don't understand how can you not extrapolate what is the good ending and the bad ending.

If Cerys had to deal with constand rebelions and secessions from clans because they wanted to keep the old ways or they didn't want to follow a woman, then it's a more balanced ending.

But with what we're told it's not. It's a good ending and a bad ending

What the fuck was his problem? I liked him for the most part, but he acted like such a passive aggressive whiny bitch sometimes.

Watch the epilogue again..there's never any metnion about a reward..

>Skelige bloomed under Cerys enlightened rule
>Hjalmar raided Nilfgaard and drowned his people in their own blood

I don't like when choices and consequences is just ending game panels. Rpg needs to have choices that have consequences spanning the whole game. Who cares about text at the end

>>Hjalmar raided Nilfgaard and drowned his people in their own blood

That is exactly what they want in life. Nothing wrong with it.

He was the only major character Witcher we see that justifiably never got over all the awful torture and punishment he went through for no reason against his will to be made into a freak super-soldier nobody would ever love as anything more than a tool to slay monsters.

His side quest with Geralt at Khaer Morhen goes more into it, he's still bitter about the shit lot he and all the other kids turned into Witchers got.

You are ignoring alot of details about those endings. Read the thread

Maybe he's just a passive aggressive, sarcastic cunt with a likable side? It seems like all witchers are snarky assholes, and I don't blame them. Being a witcher fucking sucks.

I am not, you're making up shit that isn't even there in order to make it not black and white.

Find it on youtube and watch the endings.

>but he acted like such a passive aggressive whiny bitch sometimes.

Because he is.

Witcher 2 definately has that.

And it's difficult to see the effects on what would be a decade in the future while ingame, so a end screen like that is very good for it's purpose.

Witcher 2 Roche was better than 3 but that just looks bizarre

And he is balding. Meanwhile Geralt and Eskel have fabulous hair.

Yeah cuz raiding doesnt bring a reward or anything.
Thats how skellige survived for centuries before Cerys. So its clearly working

How the fuck do you guys extrapolate "The non-retard got to rule and everything was perfect forever" to "Everything kind of went to shit slowly"? They're pretty explicit about how Cerys magically fixed everything without any obstacles.

>freak super-soldier nobody would ever love

Don't forget about getting Geralt's sloppy seconds.

For fucks sake for the last time you cucks there's no witcher code, it's just shit geralt made up to so he could just say "sry it's da code" for not doing or doing shit.

Yo, I'd fuck Anita in that picture. Normally she looks like a horse tho.

>blooming and prosperous
>drowned in their own blood

The game could not get any more clear to what ending was better

The only reason for Letho to do what he did in part 2 was to help the Witchers. That's the reason why he he didn't just dissappear before he was done doing the Emperors requests. He wanted the other Witchers to be able to move freely and enter cities again. That is implied by both the ending speech of his, and a note you can find, that paints him as a cunning, empathical man. Written by the witch he betrayed. Forgot her name.

Except there was never a Nilfgaard completely dominating the land before. It's the same reason Vikings died out as the centuries went by. Raiders can be successful when there's lots of disconnected, disorganized outcroppings and little townships to raid that only have militias to defend themselves. But once you're up against a unified militarized state that will deploy professional armies against raiders, you are not only suddenly losing every battle you fight, you've lost not only your lifestyle but the resources that kept your people fed and shod.

That's an insult to my main man Roach.

>He has a bad attitude
>He hates his life
>He is banging that slut red head behind your back

>my main man Roach.
Which one?

He's still one of my favorite characters.
Sure, he might be quite a prick, but it's not without reason. Plus he's still a funny, and a bro that will back you up without hestitation when you need it.

Eh, on the other hand, it's been hypothesised that Lambert fucked Triss, and jumped out the window as Geralt was coming in.

I never got the black stallion since I never brought Ciri to her dad

They're busy killing off all the mages so Witchers are more important than ever because they know how to break bad curses

>He is banging that slut red head behind your back

Did Lambert fuck Triss? I mean you do get her card from beating him at Gwent. But I never got the impression that they fucked.

Guess you never read how the vikings died, right? There is no way you can make Hjalmars ending a "good" one. Glorious perhaps, but not inherently good.

Hes always described as extremely intelligent and cunning by the people he fucks over.

He himself says that most assume hes a big stupid oaf because of his looks and that he uses that to his advantage.

May be something of a trade mark for the viper school. "Use cunning instead of brawn etc"

>Implying it isn't just Lambert pining after Triss like he does with all the women Geralt has slept with

I wonder how Beef McAbcrunch wound up in the Viper School anyway

Its been debunked several times. Stop spreading this fanfiction shit maymay. The confirmed locations of lambert and triss INGAME doesnt match up for that to happen.

Lamaberty is in kovir or some shit when geralt finds the prints outside her window

There were foot prints on her windowsill in W1, and in W3, Lambert admits to jumping out of a window as the lady he was banging's man comes back.

That with the clear attraction he has to her is what props up this theory.

Are you really that dense that you can't extrapolate the bad ending based on the epilogue and ending storyboards?

you cant beat nilfgaard that way and it will only lead to their doom. radovid is the only one who stands a chance and thats cause hes basically supreme ruler of the north now.

>lands now "liberated"

lmfao even the narrator gives you shit

If you're a big enough dick to kill your bro Roche, Djikstra has a shot too

Djikstra is definately a better ending than Radovid, but the quest where you decide is so stupid , contrived and heavy handed that it doesn't count

Geralt was knocked out in triss's room witcher 1 so there would be no reason for him to jump out cuz someone who loved triss "walked in".

He was already in the room and i doubt triss and lambert fucked on top of his unconscious body so stop with the bullshit already

>i doubt triss and lambert fucked on top of his unconscious body
Well...I wouldn't bet my first child on it anyway. Triss is kinda slut and Lambert is a dick.

I guess it was probably do to the mutagens that he became Bane.

Reminder. It's over, all of it.

>started new game after a year
>sold my kaer morhen armor without thinking again

Not yet. We still have the memes.

Amusing as it would be.
Its just a fanfiction idea that only people who havent played the games properly seem to believe.

-The footprints that can be seen in Triss’ house in Vizima and allegedly belong to Lambert are first visible when Geralt wakes up in Triss’ bed, after falling unconscious during his battle with Azar Javed and The Proffesor and getting teleported there by Triss. It’s not like Geralt barges unannounced through the door of Triss’ house and says hello. It is clear that he has been unconscious for some time, and even if we assume that Lambert was there, he would never have to sneak through the window, he could just casually walk out the front door, since there is no threat of Geralt catching him in the act, which Lambert’s story implies.
-Another thing, Triss was busy teleporting Geralt, so she can’t really have sex with Lambert at the same time. Unless Triss and Lambert have a fetish for fucking next to Geralt’s unconscious body, it makes little sense. At best they could have caught Lambert masturbating alone in Triss’ house, forcing him to jump through the window in shame.

It went out on a bad note though

>Squirrels are STILL mad

why'd you make me feel this feel

>He chose the cuck route
AYY LMAO loving every laugh

I'm not mad because of Iorveth every playtrough i go with Roche.

Witcher 3 was just baddly written end of discussion. Bad rushed main plot, new characters that are underdeveloped, old characters from the books that add absolutely nothing, one of the worst villains in any RPG, bad rushed poorly explained ending, simlpified political map , no nuanced gray morality , etc.

It's just bad

Apparently the ending to that quest got shafted hard because of time restraints, and it was supposed to have had a much more logical ending where Dijkstra doesn't go full retard.

>Combined three hundred hours from W1 to W3+dlc in my main save

Smile because it happened.

Only thing I agree with is not enough grey choices.
I wish there were a whole lot more options to either fuck up, or have those decisions that's pretty much a 50/50 split.

You don't agree that they antagonists are bad? They're objectively bad, you can't make an argument where the wild hunt is a good main antagonist of a game, let alone entire series.

Eredin is a good mix of "I'm trying to save the world, you fool!" and "I want to conquer the world, you maggot!"

Someone easy to hate but with an objective in mind after all.

The Wild Hunt was bland. The Crones were very good.

You sound a little too desperate to have other people hate a thing, user.

I agree. Menge, Whoreson were underdeveloped, had barely a few lines.Never felt like a threat . Eredin was terrible, he was worse than the books and worse than the portrayal in Witcher 1.
The crones had potential but they ruined them at the end, in that pointless sabath sequence. I can't believe that's the best they could do.

The only antagonist I liked was O'Dimm. Eredin was too bland for a villain.

Crones were subservient to bald steroid elf you meet once and then kill him, They were bad. If they handled the sabath differently they would be good

He wasn't a mix of anything.

He only has twelve lines in the entire game, and they're all evil generic one liners. There was no personality behind him as presented in TW3

I wish the Hunt had more to them other than elves from a different dimension. They lose all their spook factor.

I remember one of the first TW3 trailers with the hunt attacking a village intimidating me pretty good. In the game, they're just filthy knife ears with a superiority complex.

They were always just elfs.
I want W3 newfriends to kill themselves.

Wild Hunt has better dialogue in the 2 min trailer than the entire game. Then I remember that's the same dialogue they lifted from The Witcher 1.

I keep telling people , all the good writers left and nothing but hacks remained

youtube.com/watch?v=4hHuEv9f1B8&t=7m28s

What language did you guys play with? Why is the English VA for Geralt so bad? He sounds like a constipated Batman cosplayer.

Polish VA master race.

Imho, Eredin could have been on the level of Letho or Jaques De Aldesberg if they had good writers behind the game.

Geralt was a rider of the hunt, he spent at least a year with Eredin. They could have been flashbacks to that time, and Eredin, Imerith and the others could have gotten more of a personality than just generic evil dudes. That would make killing them all one by one actually have weight, if you knew you were "friends" with them a several years ago. The game never expands on that though.

The biggest disapointment is that we also never saw the flying horse specter army. That's what the legend of the wild hunt is. In real life too, not just in the games lore.

If they couldn't do the flashbacks, Eredin could have at least appeared in Spectre form to taunt you as you progress, like he did in Witcher 1 ending. That was one of the better parts of the game.

>If they couldn't do the flashbacks, Eredin could have at least appeared in Spectre form to taunt you as you progress

That would actually require the writers to write good dialogue which they're incapable of doing

Ever since I learned that Geralt was a rider of the hunt in Witcher 2 enhanced eddition, I imagined there would be flashbacks of him riding with them. I imagined Geralt would track down Alvins father, De Aldesberg who was some noble and also had elder blood.

>The biggest disapointment is that we also never saw the flying horse specter army

They tried to in the narration sequences, but they fucked that up big time.

>Alvins father, De Aldesberg

The English VA for Geralt is a softspoken drama coach who may or may not be gay.
youtu.be/l1Dtr6SuKB0?t=114

>who may or may not be gay.
Well which is it? i'd say that's a pretty important question.

I really enjoyed Hearts of Stone, compared to main story, it had very small scale fantasy tone. And I've always been fan of "deal with devil" type stories.
Still need to finish Blood and Wine.

S-shut up it's a good idea.

Why would he take up a name like Jaques De Aldesberg? Because his noble father had that name, whom Geralt captured or killed when he was riding with the hunt. Alvin was a bastard tho

Alvin was Jacques.

So you killed him because you're an insecure beta?

I understand that, but it was never really explained why he would take a name like Jacques De Aldesberg. Maybe it was his real fathers surname ?

I have another question
What is the best School set?

Regarding picture. Do you know why I hate that cunt?

Because she and those like her made me question what is on the other side of the picture. Normally - it makes sense - after all the chick was a proper ruler, while the dude was a straight up idiot.

But thanks to Anita I question if this setup wasn't deliberate pandering to feminists.

Manticore or DLC Nilfgaard armor

He either chose it because it sounds aristocratic, or its the actual name he got when he was knighted.

Or some of Geralt's name-related autism rubbed off on him.

Not the guy, but I killed him because he was a tool that fell for Emhyr's obvious ruse. Couldn't let a dumb fucker like that walk around.

I go with the Wolf just because it looks closest to the straight bitchin' Ravens armour from the other games.

Don't be ridiculous. Looking at the characters, how they acted in the game and their history, it makes perfect sense.
And it's not like Cerys' ending is entirely positive either, her rule dulled the fangs of people who were traditionally warriors.

Manticore > Feline >>> Wolven >>> Urine > Griffin

>her rule dulled the fangs of people who were traditionally warriors.

What's the negative of this? She was an enlightened ruler and Skelige bloomed, why is it a bad thing that they didn't raid of went to war? If the epilogue said that they had to bow down to Nilfgaard and become a province, lose their pride then it's balanced with Hjalmar. Why even have a choice when one is a bonehead and the other one is empowered woman mary sue?

>not planning on doing yearly playthrough's like Cred Forums's yearly FEAR playthrough
cumon now

It's not like war has ended in the world of Witcher. Earlier Skellige was hard to conquer exactly because the people are warriors, under Cerys they are way more open for attack.

Also because it was a barren frozen wasteland no one care about. Getting the enemy bling is a good reason for invasion.

or he was a big looking oaf since childhood and even his parents thought he was a freak. sold him off to the vipers.

I get that. But we should get the same result with genders swapped. People like Anita made me question if the setup in W3 like we had was deliberate pandering instead of being narrative driven.

>under Cerys they are way more open for attack.

I don't feel it's valid unless the game alludes to it in some way, it doesn't have to be the epilgogue it can be random dialogue, a book, or well anything.I believe Skeligans will have a harder time defending themselves if Hjalmar takes all the best men and kills them sensesly while on the offensive, like the game suggests he does. That's logical.

In the way the game is presented it's a clear cut choice, Cerys is the good one and Hjalmar is the bad one. You would only pick Hjalmar if you skipped trough all the dialogue and ignored several times what people tell you of him. Naturally you get a bad ending if you do this as a punishment.

O'Dimm was a great fucking antagonist. But he wouldn't work as a main villain that you have to defeat at the end. One of his charms is that he's a near omnipotent being who like fucking around with people. You can't really do shit against that. And if Geralt could, it would come off as bullshit.

Witchers help witchers, they're a dying race. Letho didn't want to frame Geralt, just wrong place wrong time.

The only witchers I killed in the three games were the Viper guys who went with Letho and only because the game forces you to do it. I spared everyone else.

>The biggest disapointment is that we also never saw the flying horse specter army

speaking of flying horses, why did they not fly when they were chasing geralt and yen at the beginning of the game.

"The woman having the good ending makes it sexist against men!"

You're just as stupid as SJWs. Cerys is a clever character. Hjalmar isn't. CDPR doesn't do SJW shit. They have dumb characters, and they have intelligent characters. And a lot of female characters in TW3 are dumb cunts that need saving.

I think a simple answer is that the animators had a hard time doing it without looking silly or killing performance. I think they could have easily done a hundred or two hundred sprite riders you see in the distance tho, something like a tornado maybe?

>CDPR doesn't do SJW shit

I felt they let their political agenda get in the way of good writing. Like Witcher 3 the writers obviously had a lot of anti religious sentiment, and it resulted into a one dimensional portrayal of religion (that's supposed to mirror the catholic church maybe?)

>CDPR doesn't do SJW shit.
>CDPR doesn't do black and white save the world stories

And yet they did that anyway. They completely dumbed down the game to black and white morality and good and bad choices.

>If I took you away from your parents, would you cry?
>It would be extremely painful
>You are a big guy
>For you.

>sacrifice orphans to an evil deity or let old crones eat them

Real black and white there.

>tfw some random NPC looks better than both Triss and Yen

I wish we had a third option other than Geralt ending up foreveralone. Shani was a good candidate, but she puts work above all else unfortunately.

You take that back. You take that back right now!

She puts the big redanian cock above all else you mean.

>le baron baron baron dae baron

What about everything else in the game? Wild Hunt, Radovid, Church vs Mages, all one dimensional and presented one dimensionally

You do realize you can actually save the orphans without the crones killing them or freeing the evil spirit, right?

There was some no-name big titty elf chick outside Novigrad that was the sexiest thing I've ever seen.

It requires guide cheating or a lot of luck/random exploration to walk right there before the mission sends you.

How?

What? How?

why did you have to say all the lines yourself you piece of shit

>tfw your hair clips through your eyeballs

Can someone get me a really good screenshot of Roche's back, from top to bottom, from W3? During the day?

I'm well beyond any opportunity to get that and I need it for cosplay.

Thanks.

>not playing Gwent standalone tomorrow for the stress test

Too bad, famalamaramadingdong.

How is it? More balanced than regular Gwent?

servers open tomorrow at 10am CST only if you've signed up

keys are limited:
playgwent.com/en/killtheservers

Ah man i got exited thinking was i gonna hear some shit tier Barbosa dubing but it's only HUE shit.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK Portuguese vidya dubs holy fucking shit, i actually had to change the language on my PS3 because of that shit. They already ruined every single animated movie and now they are coming for video games.

Dat Japanese VA doe

Well, if you pick neither, Ciri does come and stay with you at for a while Corvo Bianca. That's enough of a third option right, your daughter comes and lives with you for a while.

The problem is that you can't have any other woman. Triss and Yen have so much history with Geralt that it's almost impossible to imagine any other woman unless they force-fed us her throughout the entire game, which would have been fucking horrible.

There were certainly women that Geralt could have been fucking in the game, Rosa var Attre, Anna Henrietta, Fringilla Vigo, and I'm sure a bunch of others. But at the end of the day Triss and Yen (and Shani) just have a mountain of history that no other woman could compete with.

awful feel

You should know this game was a cop out because you can get hapily ever after ending, the world is saved and everyone lives happily ever after.

After the gorillion hours I took from the first one to B&W they better delivered a happy ending. I didn't bust my ass and wasted enough time to get a degree for a "lol you die, you didn't expect such deep script" ending

I expected it to end differently too. The books certainly had a bitter ending, and the previous games also had bitter endings. Well Witcher 2 just ended but nothing particularly good or bad happened. Just another war was on it's way.

I don't think they should have gone all out with the happy ending here. Either Ciri saves the world and dies, or lives. Pick one

You are what's holding video games back

Oh yes, bring another Marston dies at the end. Wow such originality. Casablanca did it 70 years ago. It's nothing new. Tragedies with "lol MC dies" is older than iron weapons.

He was the fucking man of DESTINY with a daughter made of DESTINY.

If you weren't looking for a special snowflake story you had more than enough time to fuck off.

Here, the most anti-feel-good series I've ever read written in this century:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_First_Law

Where did I say that Geralt had to die? Although that would be in spirit with the books and better than what we got.

The problem is it goes all out on the mushy good ending. The world is saved, Ciri lives, Geralt live's hapily ever after. It's a betrayal of the series. Ciri has not seen Geralt in so much time, now after spending so little time together they have to part foverer because she has to go fulfil her birth obligations. That's emotion right there.

Can't believe Last of Us actually did it better.

>If you weren't looking for a special snowflake story you had more than enough time to fuck off

Stop lying and twisting facts. The short stories were bitter sweet. So were the books, with depressing endings. Sapkowski ended the series in the spirit of his books. Witcher 3 writing team are hacks and went for wish fulfilment and typical AAA garbage

You get a good ending if you are smart and lucky.
It's easy to get Ciri killed. It's easy to die alone.
It's easy to fuck shit up because you got your ass in politics. The game throws you a bone for not fucking up instead of railroading you into GRIM DESPAIR.

Out of the three endings, only one was actually happy. The other two were bittersweet or just plain sad. Geralt holding Ciri's medallion while a horde of monsters surround him was probably the most heartbreaking part of the whole series.

Uh... You don't get to bring kids.

>It's easy to fuck shit up because you got your ass in politics

This is a lie. The game never punishes you if you decide to play kingmaker and queen maker. In fact killing Radovid you get the good ending. There's no penalty for doing any of these quest. If there were , it would be a different story.

If you think hugging ciri, or throwing a snowball at her , so the world is saved and everyone lives hapily ever after is good writing, then you're an idiot. It's contrived horseshit, handled in such a way that only the biggest video game hacks can handle it

>mfw i got the witcher ciri ending and thought what i got was the "bad" one because geralt ends up a vagrant
>mfw reading the bullshit that happens in the other endings

There is nothing wrong with Empress Ciri.

But everyone lived at the end of Casablanca

books do a better job at this. he might not seem so (as much) in the games, but his demeanor, connections, and skill goes a long way

If you think bitter endings are something special for being bitter I wish you good luck on highschool.

>Geralt and Yen
>Cerys queen of Skellige
>Nilfgaard rules everything with Temerian vassal
>Empress CIri

Literally the best ending.

You cannot refute this.

They're not something special, they're in the spirit of the series.

But CDPR decided to go full wish fulfillment trash for all the 12 year olds that were to be The Witcher 3 audience.

He lost the girl and had to befriend a french dude. I would rather walk into a gas chamber.

Empress Ciri is what's best for the world, but not what's best for her.

I know.

Basically.

However I allowed O'Dimm to keep his prize

isn't the narrator an old Dandelion?

Yes.

>Not being Homer

He reads from Dandelion's perspective but he sounds like an old Polish guy struggling with English.

Because he is a fucking slav and they are all depressing as shit.

>Literally the best ending.

That is the bad part. The series isn't supposed to have best ending. Why did they abandon the way the previous games handled stuff, with black and white easy choices and turning complicated characters into one dimensional caricatures with only a few lines

>The problem is it goes all out on the mushy good ending. The world is saved, Ciri lives, Geralt live's hapily ever after. It's a betrayal of the series.
>reeeee it sucks!!
>Ciri has not seen Geralt in so much time, now after spending so little time together they have to part foverer because she has to go fulfil her birth obligations. That's emotion right there.
>reeeee its good!!

Make up your mind

So why not keep it in the spirit of Sapkowski, Poland, the previous games whatever you want to call it.

They went full retard with this last game

First Law is so fucking good

god bless you for this analysis

dude, you're pretty fucking pathetic then.

Because Sapkowski is a drunk sad fool jealous that no one gives a fuck about him anymore. You can read his last book if you want his canon ending.

In Blood and Wine Geralt beats up a woman and then refuses to apologise because of equality

wow such feminism

Hey, the non-Quebecois French can be pretty cool. They have us beat in nightclub technology.

This man. This one gets it.

Youd make a fine mad rad lad Radovid.

>though geralt doesn't show a hint of respect, he's alive

Pretty much this one too. Can't overstate this. Anyone else with that candor and quip would be menge's personal pyre whore.

>series has same writers each game
>this one has shit writers and this one has great writers
same people mate.

>lots of cases of happy endings in the games and in the books
>muh pure grimdark, happiness is impossible

Why should he apologize? It was a regular tournament match. Did he apologize to any of the other fighters?

One of the best characters really.

He's using all that sarcasm to get through life because he was literally dragged from his mom's cottage and brutally trained to become a supermutant that everyone hates because he's different.

Doing the Kaer Morhen mission fleshes out his characters. There's even one point when he stops being a cynical prick and genuinely has a spark of happiness and nostalgia when he recalls happier times with the other witcher candidates.

I didn't say he should.

>>series has same writers each game

You can look 5 seconds into the ending credits of each game and see how wrong you are.

You turd

Maybe because he got taken from his family as a child and was essentially tortured for years and now society shuns him while everyone he ever cared about has died?

Just a guess though.

How can this be a feminist game? The most powerful, feminist group in the game live horrible lives.

From what I can find leads and senior positions don't drop away for anyone.

So, who are you talking about?

>the lodge is a feminist group
are you 12

Because otherwise we'd be too starved for more, a challenge to "fix it" would leave us too hungry to appreciate it instead of allow it a conclusion in our minds.

It's Geralt's last hurrah.

In the books when they were forming the lodge, they literally say that the whole reason its only sorceresses is because men are too stupid and only women should be doing the thinking.

>emperess
sad and mostly a tool for her trade backed general husband

You're literally too much of a shit to open a youtube video

Strong, independent women who have political pull aren't feminist?

They say it in-game even.
So yeah, are you 12?

>two women on the writing staff

Never had a chance

They are still pissed Vilgefortz could mop the floor with them.

Not inherently, no. Feminism is the ideology that men and women should be treated equally.

Oh, didn't know you played the game in polish, when the english writers are the same, and wanted to use differing credits? like, those are not the same positions so not what we are actually referring to.

Im not getting how you dont see this as the same thing as radical whatever-wave feminism. Wouldn't be surprised if old man Sapowski put them in just so mah nigga Vilgefortz could make them look silly for 1500 pages.

oh brother

>finish Witcher 2 last week
>wander into this thread
>apparently Letho comes back in 3
>Roche is back (wtf) and looks nothing like the badass he was in 2
>Radovid has been thoroughly beaten with an ugly stick
>no Iorveth (granted I like Roche better anyway but still)

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

Stop talking you fucking retard.

They're clearly different names and different people. Different people wrote all three games. Lead writer of Witcher 2 only has credit as secondary director. He's been working on Cyberpunk since 2013. These women were never involved in Witcher 1 or Witcher 2

>Im not getting how you dont see this as the same thing as radical whatever-wave feminism
Because its not?

I know its in vogue to call any group of women you think are negative a prime example of feminism, but thats not how meanings work.

>They're clearly different names and different people
For different positions as well.
Shocker.

>These women were never involved in Witcher 1 or Witcher 2
except they were. You're just flat wrong.

No wonder you need to me to stop talking, you're fucking up enough all by yourself.

It's a combination of several things.

They wanted to keep the game friendly to the new massive gaming audiences they would get with their millions of dollars in marketing. So anything that might confuse people is redone and simplified.

The writers that actually worked on TW2 are nowhere to be seen in the credits of Witcher 3, the new writers are hacks.

Well then what do you call a secret cabal of women who are so convinced that they're more capable then all men that they plot to control everything between Kovir and Zerikkania? It annoys me that the term feminism has been hijacked by the "all men are rapists" tumblr crowd, but what other word is there for that mindset?

Nothing to see here, just the best character in the Witcherverse coming through.

lol nigger literaly look at the credits

I provided you evidence direct screen crab from the credits, you provide jack shit.

If one guy went from junior dialogue writer to lead writer, and the lead writer from W2 went to work on cyberpunk, then yes this game had different writers.

These are the credits.

There's one guy who's name repeats

>implying i will ever pick anything but witcher ciri

>His "canon" ending is literally just the ending of the legend of King Arthur

>I provided you evidence
of different position, for another language

>If one guy went from junior dialogue writer to lead writer,
What happened to them not being involved at all?

super convincing.

>of different position, for another language
Stop lying, stop making shit up.

They're not credited for "another language" they're just credited as writers, lead writers, etc.

pretty sure he is salty about becoming a witcher

magocratic gynarchy maybe.

Point is "I dunno what this is called" shouldn't lead you do something evidently even you don't think fits.

lol nigger literally look at the credits beyond the first 5 names

>Stop lying
in your own image it lists different positions.

>They're not credited for "another language"
Your reading comprehension is very low.

There is an additional credit, that from your image even you saw, that is for the lead writer in english.

Like, did you just forget everything about the game's production, run off to a video look for the first thing that mentioned writing and capped it without any more effort?

I dont think it SHOULD fit, but right now its a pretty widely accepted definition, at least on the internet. But now Im starting to sound like a linguistics professor trying to save his job.

I am.

Lead writers for TW3 were secondary junior writers or just never worked on the previous games at all

linkedin.com/in/karolina-stachyra-1661a0a5

mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,703037/

Martin blacha who is the lead writer was junior dialogue writer, he did jack shit.

Lead writer for Witcher 2 is nowhere near Witcher 3 expect secondary credit. His linedln says he's working on Cyberpunk since 2013.

How the fuck are you fanboys so fucking retarded

If your wish is to be as pedantic as possible then you're going to have a fun time explaining how the common version of feminism is this "magic must rule" plan.