Now that the dust has really settled, can we ask what the fuck happened?

Now that the dust has really settled, can we ask what the fuck happened?

No B team shenanigans, how did they manage to make this game so bad, what went so very fucking wrong?

How come every single "performance" patch makes the game performance even worse?

I had more fun with darksouls 2 than this. Is bloodborne just the definitive souls experience after all is said and done?

>can we ask what the fuck happened
A good game happened.

the fuck are you talking about OP

it's literally dark souls pasted on the Bloodborne engine. It was great, albeit too easy but a truly fun souls experience.

fuck outta my face if you think this is the weakest in the series, DS2 is straight garbage for the first like 5-10 hours with le hidden agility

Bad? No.

Mediocre? Absolutely.

2 things happened:

>Shitty linear world
>/dsg/ and reddit broke the pvp with arbitrary level limits

Plus it is the souls game with the least amount of content, which isnt exactly bad, but dont help its case.

I swear the same person keeps making these soulsborne threads just so he can post nioh webms. If its reverse psychology to make me not want Nioh, its working. Im sick of looking at it.

This. Though it felt more like BB with shields than a dark souls game. It wasnt bad dont get me wrong, but if I wanted to play BB id just play BB. Theres a reason theyre 2 separate games.

"Now that the dust has really settled, can we ask what the fuck happened?"
you can fuck off with this bullshit for an opening sentence. nothing happened. a game happened and people liked or disliked based on an individuals taste. fuck off nioh poster

It was only a disappointment if you compare it to BB
Just like das2 was only a disappointment if you compare it to das1.

It is superior to both DaS and DaS2, stay retarded cancer virgin meme faggot.

Everyone complained about every single little thing from DaS 2 that wasn't in the original DaS.

Then we got the blandest, most unambitious Souls game that never really tries anything. Also, half a Bloodborne is in there designwise which didn't really work out.

Also, it's really short and linear. I recall Miyazaki saying it'd be about as long as DaS 2 but that wasn't the case.

And now we're about to get a DLC set in a recycled area with only two bosses.

It's literally the worst game for PVP. I don't think anyone should argue that point.
It's Map and world is comparably bad to Darksouls 2. I'd say it's slightly better than darksouls 2 world, making it second worst.
It's PVE is piss easy, and its easily the worst in the series.
The mechanics and technical aspects are probably the worst in the series.

I played Demon's Souls long before Dark Souls was even announced, and I've played every Souls game to date.

Dark Souls 2 is the only Souls game that has real difficulty and requires mastery of the game mechanics. Don't get me wrong, the story is shit, the areas design (other than the DLC) is shit, but actual combat is really fun because of the mastery it requires.

The game nerfed every crutch that bad players depend on in other souls games.

In DeS, DaS, DaS3, and Bloodborne, you can get away with the following:

>Heal Spam (Grass in DeS, Fast Estus in DaS/DaS3, Blood Vials + Rally System in BB)

>Roll Spam (low stamina cost, 13 i-frames for fast rolls (literally almost half a second at .433 secs of invincibility)

>Fast movement while locking on (movement is slower in lock-on in Dark Souls 2).

In every other souls game, you can play without all of these crutches and excel at the game as long as your spacing and stamina management, and ability to play without lock-on are spot-on.

In Dark Souls 2, spacing, stamina mangement, and the ability to play without lock-on are required for the game's combat to be enjoyable.

If you try to play it ADHD style like every other Souls game, you get fuckin' rolled by Dark Souls 2.

ITT: ADHD kids with zero patience hate Dark Souls 2 for being slower, even when it has objectively superior combat because of it.

I just got DaS3 and have about 4 hours into it over the last week. Just can't get into after coming from Bloodborne. Why is this? Loved DaS1, never played 2.

What the fuck are you talking about you dumb low IQ nigger? Dark Souls 3 has the best PvE, 10x better than the joke that was DaS gimmick bosses and DaS2 garbage bosses.

The only thing that DaS3 fails at is WORLD DESIGN(interconnectivity) which DaS did better, and PvP, which DaS2 did better.

In everything else, DaS3 is superior. I fucking hate you meme'ing cancer virgin kids so fucking much. Eat shit motherfucker and die from aids.

Bloodborne > Dark Souls 3 > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls > Dark Souls 2.

If you disagree, yous hould be kiled in real life and I am dead fucking serious.

Because you are a subhuman son of a whore who is trying to fit in with some autistic cancer online culture. I hope you die from cancer, I hope your mother dies a painful death.

DaS3 is better than DaS.

at least its not the same webms over and over again

And build viability, aka : be able to play with something else than dark sword.

Beisdes those 3 things, what is left? Boss design? Sure, there looked cool, but besides 1 or 2, they were just big meat sacks with nothing different. No uniqueness.

What about the pve makes you feel like its better?
Seriously I would love to know.

Is it the way r1 spam is so hilariously powerful that it completely outclasses any other type of weapon?
Is it the 17 years of invincibility frames when you roll up to 70% weight?
Is it the way they made magic/miracles/hex/pyro completely ineffectual?
Is it the Weapon arts that are entirely useless?
Maybe you like no poise?

Why do people keep calling it "BB with shields" and shit like that? It's not even that fast and the weapons aren't nearly as complex as BB's.

I've not used 1 dark sword in my 4 playthroughs of DaS3, how about you just use magic? try it, you fucking retard. There is a lot of viable playstyles.

I don't know if I'd go as far as to say the other Souls games have no challenge, but I did notice that DaS2 was the game that really forced me to "git gud". Both in terms of PvE and PvP.

I honestly just prefer DS2, at least DS2 tried to take things in its own direction in regards to the environment and lore but so much of DS3 just felt like either fanservice or a repeat of something we have already seen before. I think the bosses in it were the best of the Dark Souls games, but it just didn't have as strong an atmosphere DS2 had, that was mostly just let down by its awfully shitty textures.

I still think it was a good game, and there were some great areas like Irithyll or the Profaned Capital (even if it was a bit short) but it just didn't bring enough to the table for me to make it stand out.

Because it's much faster than previous souls games, making many strength builds even more difficult and tedious.

Lot of edgy kids in this thread.
>Someone had an opinion different to mine! Better tell them to kill themselves!

Okay, so, like, in comparison to previous games. I get it.

Because the enemies run off the same BB engine and have the BB enemy characteristics. It feels a lot like you are dropped into a BB world without the tools the BB hunter had to succeed so instead you just have to kind of turtle up and wait for the enemies to fall asleep between attacks.

In bloodborne I was never afraid to go for the trade because I could get my HP back, which meant that really being relentless was effective against very quick enemies. In darksouls 3 it's those same enemies but you are much much slower, even your fastest weapons will get outsped, so you just have to wait for them to stop and stand there for your turn.

No, but you can clearly sense the influence of BB on the gameplay, and on some respects, it often feels closer to it than to DaS1, which of course is going to disappointment to people that hoped more of the later.

>can we ask what the fuck happened?
A world of copy-pasted piss-filtered cathedrals.

DS2 at least had a sense of adventure in spite of its technical inferiority.

Slower weapons are viable, nobody forces you to play with r1 spam straight sword. Don't overlevel your stamina if you have tha much to spend on dodges. Magic is very viable, have done pure magic builds. Weapon arts are great, only a retard thinks they are useless.

Poise is a shit tier cancer mechanic in PvE, always was, always will be, that is why Bloodborne and DaS3 have the best PvE out of all the souls games. Poise was only relevant for PvP, but if you think souls games are PvP games then you are mentally ill, so I couldn't give a fuck about what PvP fags think.

You niggers are the same invaders who invade and do a bow, while I rape your fucking face and then you add me and tell me that I shouldn't rush, lmfao, what the fuck is wrong with you autists? You invade my world, I will do whatever I can to win.

You PvP autists are such virgins and cringe material, "le do the bow before battle", hahaha fuck off.

dark souls was ruined in DS2, guys in heavy metal armor shouldnt be staggered by a dagger or flimsy rapier and they definitely shouldnt be rolling around the way they do
this game is basically bloodborne with a dark souls aesthetic and way too many throwbacks to DS1, the only good throwback to DS1 was arguably the abyss watchers
they clearly reference artorias without rehashing his boss fight too much
and you are a filthy casual if you think DS2 is a good game at all

>No B team shenanigans
>how did they manage to make this game so bad

You answered your own question

>sense of adventure
Oh how I loved going from forest to underground to poison swap to castle to volcano fortress, sensible and cohesive design at its best.

No, you are just a shitter who can't position himself and his attacks. Gaining HP back is one of the worst mechanics of Bloodborne, it allows shitters like you to play the game succesfully. I am so glad you niggers can't stand DaS3 because it shits on your garbage reckless playstyle, don't try play like a badass when you are a shitter, don't blame DaS3 for punishing you for being a shitter, gitgud or fuck off cancer kid.

>A world of copy-pasted piss-filtered cathedrals.
Did you get past the first hour?

>das3 thread
>off topic webms
Hey mods, stop jerking off and do your """""""""""work""""""""""""

>how did they manage to make this game so bad, what went so very fucking wrong?
this is what- the fifth identical game they made? I mean how many times can you buy this game and love it? that's what went wrong: From is fucking dying, their one good idea is milked dry. the next step is soulsbourne mobile games

>Don't overlevel your stamina if you have tha much to spend on dodges.

You can literally regen enough stamina to roll again during the animation's end.

Just play DS1 when you expected DS1

If your idea of "real difficulty" is being forced to fight hordes of enemies that offer no challenge on their own, both in and out of boss rooms, then sure.

Do people unironically post like this? This is some kind of troll, right?

DS1 = BB > DeS > DS3 > DS2
That said, I love them all

Different areas actually contribute to an adventure, yes.

Not the same dull grey and brown environment over and over again.

Never played BB and was still dissappoint.

>Can we ask what the fuck happened?
Your shit taste happened. Some of you autists can't enjoy anything..

That is weird. Because it is the best bamco souls.

Best Souls game.

This is ridiculous, you're posting these webms within three minutes of the DaS threads being made, what is wrong with you?

>gitgud
I got gud for DaS1 and I say this shit stinks.

I have not used 1 sword/greatsword/ultra greatsword-type of weapon in all of my 6 playthroughs

Is Dark Souls 3 the best in the series? Methinks yes.

It only made you think more because the combat was made so painfully slow.

It takes 1/4 the time to swing a big sword in DS2 than in DS1 and don't get me started on cool down times.

This, holy shit, I got a invader down to almost no health by baiting him with the mace weapon art and the fucker suddenly starts rolling through the whole Lothric Castle. I couldn't hit him and he never stoped until he could trap me in a corner

the only problem with this game is missing poise and meager spell damage

It performs at constant 60 FPS for me.
I can't get Bloodborne to run better than sub-30 with dips every time I hit an enemy though

What's with the port on PC? I'm on a 780 Ti, and, I get 45-50 FPS max, on high. If I put it on Medium I get 60, but, I know for a fact my card can handle High.

What did you guys think of this scene? It was pretty much just fan-service, but, I loved it.

You know you're a true shitter when you think the only viable weapon is a Dark Sword

git gud

I would like to file a petition to ban the nioh faggot please

I think it worked really well since it was so small.
If it had been a whole level, too big of a chunk of the game would've been a retread

>How come every single "performance" patch makes the game performance even worse?
Only real complaint I have so far. Like what the fuck? I read some patches introduced problems that were not there before and none of the performance patches limited the awful pop-in.

I hate fanservice, I hate it so much, I hate hate hate it.

It's a good game. Fuck off back to your retarded Witcher 3 general

I think if you have to do fanservice that is the way to do it. Although I think souls games should only ever be spiritual sequels.

It plays way better than dark souls1 though.

>only 6000 people on
>was 120 thousand at launch
EL JUSTO

I really enjoyed it. I had more fun with the PvE than any of the other Souls games (not including BB) and it had arguably the best bosses imo. PvP is a bit lacking and it does have issues with build variety and world interconnectivity but it didn't really take away from the core gameplay for me.

>Tfw this part made me cry
I've never had a game make me cry before. Seeing the Giant Blacksmith got me though.

Oh are we pretending to hate DS3 now?

I was wondering where this thread was, I hadn't seen one yet today.

DS3 is one of my favorites due to the bosses, especially my nigga the Nameless King.

You think the Zelda cycle is only for Zelda?

I never felt any connection to the Darkmoon >Princess, but damn after seeing him in there getting eaten by Aldrich I was fucking pissed

>Is bloodborne just the definitive souls experience after all is said and done?

No, not when 75% of the boss battles were complete garbage.

It helps that he sacrificed himself so his baby sister could get out alive. Gywndolin may have been a asshole, but he loved his family.

I was more pissed that Aldrich was in Ornstein and Smough's room. I have a lot of attachment to that room. I know it's sort of a meme that O&S are extremely hard. But, I played DaS the day it came out on PS3, and, I struggled with them for 2 days before finally beating them. Seeing an abomination like Aldrich tarnish memories of that room pissed me off.

>not playing the superior "Souls" games

No patches, no rebalances, no nerfs. Those didn't exist back then. The most a developer could do is fix a few bugs and release a new printing at a later time, which of course you had no obligation to buy.

Man, fuck Aldrich and his stupid cult.
Wasn't he the only Lords of Cinder that was forced to be one?

Can you explain why it gives me a boner tho?

>hahah why aren't you playing this obscure precursor that no one cares about

Literally being a hipster.

King's Field is shit and has abhorrent level design

>baby sister
Isn't Gwyndolin the last born? And Gwynevere fled Anor Londo a long time ago right?

What the fuck game is this?

Ni-Oh

Yorksha was the youngest, and the last surviving God as far as we know.

>now that the dust has really settled
At least wait until all the DLC are out to use this meme.

Use of the word reddit in this thread: I
Poor form

I was so goddamn mad that my entire first build didn't work for shit because i used ultra great swords.

nameless king, soul of cinder and that dude that splits into two dudes were almost plain unfair with such slow weapons.

I did however buy the season pass and i will make a fresh character that goes dex for it when both dlc are out.

Look at NMS.

>Literally being a hipster.

Except I'm not. KF obviously has dated to shit graphics, but it was incredibly well designed. Melanat is far more interesting to explore than any of the environments featured in the DS trilogy.

I like playing the game with slow weapons, it makes you focus on timing and reading the enemy.
I don't think it's really a harder way to play, just different

i agree but it didn't feel right in das 3.

It did feel right in 1 2 and bloodborne.

I'm not sure what you mean.
I felt that the Holy Blade completely trivialized many enemies in Bloodborne, and that wasn't the case with heavy weapons in DaS3, so I prefer the latter

>DS3 has the worst (part of the game you spend the most time exploring) world design
>DS3 has the worst (part of the game most people spend a majority of their time playing after they beat all the bosses) pvp
>everything else makes up for 90% of the game being lack luster

I think it would be more reasonable to say that you spend most of the game exploring the level design, and that's better than it's ever been in DaS3.
The simple world design hurts replay value though

Artificial difficulty: the game.

Yes sorry I meant level design by what I said I guess they are two different things but ultimately yes the level design is what I was referring to. I disagree that the level design is the best in DS3 though I would also agree that DS2 lacked lvl design as well. Ultimately however (from my own personal perspective) DS3 had the least amount of replay value due to its poor level design AND pvp but im sure a good number of people who played it would disagree with me.

The online play is as bad as it's ever been.

>have to be SL80-120 to get a lot of players
>but in this section of levels invasions are 60% ganking and 40% fight clubs
>by far the most ganking out of any Souls game
>going any higher leads to no man's land until SL170 where you get brought into an autistic war against two fake clans
>the only other option is underleveling to fight braindead people

>this studio once made the best action games of all time
Goddamn, that is sad.