Smt nocturne

Personafag here

Pls give tips for my first SMT game. What do I dump my stats into? General tips pls.

All in to STR

Just play normally, retard. Why do some anons need to be handheld when starting a game?

Do I have to look up the little "loadouts" or whatever things that determine your learnable skills? How am I supposed to know what gives what. Do I make it my protag all physical? The punch in this game does seem pretty OP but I've only gotten to the stingray boss before my ps3 crapped out and now I'm re doing it.

Because I can shitfuck. Don't like it fuck off.

This

Nocturne is garbage. Play the 3ds games only. Community is awful see . 3ds community is better.

>How do I role play right in this role playing game
I hate you, OP.

Do whatever you want, or alternatively look up a fucking guide if you want to sufficiently ruin your first playthrough.

Genuine Tips Post
Assuming you're playing SMT4 or 4A
STR or DEX builds are not for newcomers. Abuse of the smirk system is an absolute must if you hope to survive major boss battles.

Do not get attached to any one demon for a period of time. Fuse often, and regularly to keep a pace with your protagonist. You'll want to fill out some tropic roles in your party such as a mage, healer, buffer, ect.

For your protag, buff him out with mag, agi, and luck stats. Str and dex are primarily focused on physical attacks for strength and gun/shot attacks for dex. You'll heavily rely on exploiting an enemies elemental weakness, so making your protagonist a powerful elemental mage gives you an advantage in most fights.

Later on, you'll get into almighty spells, and some physical null/magic null spells. Hold onto those and never let go.

Can't think of anything else

thanks i will take that into account but right now I'm playing nocturne

Play on hard you baby

Strength will steamroll things from a little before the midpoint of the game, just keep casters around for enemies that reflect physical and you're set.

>First SMT is Nocturne
>Starting with one of the worst
Wew

>Play on hard
>Play a game that's ridiculously trial and error, but now with stat boosts to enemies and more grinding for demons
Lol?

How is it the worst. It seems pretty gud.

>Play a game that's ridiculously trial and error, but now with stat boosts to enemies and more grinding for demons
>I am unable to git gud

It's a meme

>No story
>Trial and error bullshit
>Immersion breaking 3D models
>Slow as fuck
>Obtuse puzzles
>Poor dungeon aesthetics hope you enjoy blank walls and being unable to tell where the FUCK you are ;)

Became too popular for SMT fans. Yet Persona-series is 1000x more popular.

>>No story
There is a story though it just isn't in your face
>>Trial and error bullshit
Thats everyones first SMT game
>>Immersion breaking 3D models
What

Strength is the best build in Nocturne, put points into Str, Vit, Luck, and Agi
Magatamas start giving you skills at certain levels, if it can give you a skill next levelup it will be glowing in the menu, you can't miss a skill by levelling too much
The only thing you really need to know about them the game won't tell you is that you can get Fog Breath from the early Ice magatama, and this skill is busted as shit

I was told agi and luck are pointless

You were told wrong, agility is important as shit, especially in Nocturne

been playing SMT IV, first smt game i've ever played. i've been dumping most of my stat points into Strength and Magic but I just found out that Strength is shit apparently, how fucked am I? Currently level 18, been in tokyo an hour or two.

>first play through

his only play through desu

>level 18
You're fine to just stop putting shit into strength
Be sure you don't neglect agility or luck though

Your level up points should be a 3 str/2Vit/1 speed
Start leveling up Vit first.

>I was told agi and luck are pointless
that was literally my build on hardmode and i raped the game

not missing hits and getting extra turns makes a support build for demi-fiend into best build

Dump most of the points on STR, but get some VIT and AGI every once in a while. Always have demons with buff/debuff skills. Fuse some Fiends if you can, they’re OP as fuck.