ITT: Games where the sense of scale either blew your mind or gave you vertigo

ITT: Games where the sense of scale either blew your mind or gave you vertigo.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/myPgajEvM9c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No mans sky

>falling off the bird in Shadow of the Colossus

Omg jueno !!!

>Dat music

Especially coming from the Rainbow Six games. Every map felt huge

Spore, the scale is amazing, it's too bad about everything else though.

>jumping off a cliff in xenoblade x

>tfw thinking about what could have been

youtu.be/myPgajEvM9c

It was amazing back in 2008. Still is.

first time I used a space ship in space engine
never expected that much sense of scale
bottom left corner

EVE Online

anything via Vive

World of Warcraft when I played it for the first time over a decade ago.
Looking at the map and finding a place that sounded like something I wanted to see and then walking there while seeing all kinds of things along the way was fucking magical.

pic related and

it's such a slow and steady progression that i didn't notice the sense of scale at first, but when i took a minute to stop and look around at how high i was, i was blown away. really felt the height, almost gave me that nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach.

such a great game overall, so worth the $5. honestly one of my favourite games of that year. i'm nervous to try Grow Up since i've heard such mixed things about it. sad that it apparently didn't get the sequel it deserved

Running around these massive fields with these enormous creatures walking around that are 20x bigger than you and about 50 levels higher really makes you feel like a little fish in a big pond. Fantastic feeling that no other open world game has given me. I really wish more games would try to give that feeling.

Any recommendations?

Why is Sonic Unleashed the only good 3D Sonic?

Assassin's Creed Unity is unrivaled in density and has 1:1 structure sizing

Well Colors and Generations exist but the boost gameplay has aged much better then the adventure gameplay.

It's the amazing level design and art direction of Unleashed that make it so amazing.

Too bad it's incredibl y shit

Rolling off a cliff in a car in 1st person view in gta5. Almost threw up.

Skyrim
I know there are larger games, but my first playthrough it felt like it went on forever.

When WoW came out the forests were fucking awesome to look at especially the night elf shit and kalimdor in general with skyscraper-sized trees.

At the same time though, we've got major cities that are the size of small towns. I mean there are troll temples easily 5x the size of an entire capital city.

Dark Souls made me feel really tiny at times.

It took until Legion to get a city-sized city. Suramar is fucking hueg.

First time playing The Cubicle in VR. The moment everything starts changing it gets weird and you start feeling like your body is preparing for movement but it doesn't happen, but your brain thinks it's going down an elevator

Pretty weird to explain.

/thread

Climbing the bridge in dying light

>Chronos boss fight in GoW3

Say what you want about God of War being a simplistic game, but god damn that was impressive.

The witness.
>seeing that first environmental puzzle
>seeing the second one
>seeing the fucking pillars light up and seeing that there are MORE THAN 100 ENVIRONMENTAL PUZZLES
jesus christ