Which character designs have been butchered the most?

which character designs have been butchered the most?

I'll raise you this

>still bootyblasted about that spider

Get over it

>That 2016 Pac-Man

What the deuce?
Anyway, either 2006 Bomberman or 2016 Conker

i bet yoshi has a tight lil puckered balloon knot

Whats the name of the game in the top right corner? I had a demo disc with it as a kid but i cant remember what it was called. The guy with the blue hair and sword.

Brave Fencer Musashi

Bomberman, followed by Conker as a close second. Mememan is at least recognizable.

Ty user

What's the 2010 crash from? I unironically like it better than the original

Mobile game. Its kinda cute

who is the character at the top right?

Musashi from Brave Fencer Musashi (PS1). The first one, anyway.

I couldn't tell you much about the newer version. Sequel maybe?

Spyro.

What happened to Pacman in 2016 and why it looks fun

That's a fucking strong lineup I must say.

But I think I'd pick Spyro, with Musashi as winner of the special "extra retarded" award.

Spyro over the years looks like the effect of a meth addiction.

I like the 2004 spider, he has Devo helmets on his feets.

I don't mind the Sonic Boom redesign actually. For a SPINOFF franchise, I think Boom has nice character designs. RayMan isn't too bad with redesigns either.

The last one for Crash though isn't official, because that game was cancelled.

Out of all of them, I think Bomberman had it worse. So bad, his franchise and developers died.

Modern Rayman design actually looks good though.

At least in comparison to the earliest one.

>see you in Rayman 4!

No, it's not. Just like everything wrong with modern cartoons. It's literally flat with no effort. Rayman 1 looks like a classic cartoon with depth, shading, and more personality.

Pac-Man Pop for mobile.
is actually a cute design

that actually looks like a bootleg, yet it still looks somewhat ok

2005 Crash is the best Crash design and nothing you can say can prove otherwise

What if I implied that you were a homosexual?

agreed

That's a fair and valid argument
Only if you can prove you're not a homosexual

Are you autistic or something? There is nothing wrong with modern Rayman's design. Stop dwelling in the past.

I have a signed note from my doctor confirmed my heterosexuality.

Somehow Bomberman is both the worst redesign I've seen to a series and yet is the only redesign in OP's picture I like. Hell if it was part of a different series entirely I would've loved the designed. Too bad Act Zero killed off Bomberman.

Also online multiplayer killed off bomberman and change in consumer taste killed it off too. Though an online bomberman game with a good netcode would be pretty fun, if it was free, but Konami would never do that without a catch.

>Origins
>Legends
>flat with no effort
You're a nostalgiafag.

Spyro looks a little better now, though they still insist on giving him a weird pug face.

>Just like everything wrong with modern cartoons. It's literally flat with no effort.
I'm not seeing uniform outlines and noodle limbs, user.

I'd gladly pay for an online bomberman title if it had a decent selection of levels, and maybe even customization (power ups, rulesets, play modes, etc).

>implying 1994 Pac and 1997 Bomber weren't based

Sonic, Rayman and Crash are perfectly fine these days. Their worst eras are over and their current designs are actually pretty damn close to the originals, just with slight modernizations.

There was never anything wrong with that Banjo design or Yoshi.

Spyro is fucked forever unfortunately, since Skylander toys need to be consistent every generation. That Conker is really bad too but since it was done for an outsourced tech demo I doubt Rare will ever actually use it. Act Zero Bomberman is the worst in the pic but thankfully lasted one game, even if the series still died off a few years after.

I actually like both Musashi designs but calling them the same character is fucking ridiculous.

"everything wrong with modern cartoons" jesus christ we are living in a renaissance of new styles and writing, we're finally out of the terrible generation of samey hannah barbara shovelware cartoons and we're better for it you inscrutable twat

Sonic is the epitome of retarded redesign. Not to absurd, but fucking mediocre'd to hell and back.

Crash was literally the same up until the arm tattoos. Whose fucking idea was that jesus christ.

If you look at the original design of pack man's character, pretty much everything is an improvement over that. Anything with him having the black eyes is good. New one is cute.

I like it, much better than the "meem" design by miiles.

Not that user but I think he was talking about the bottom end of modern cartoons. We have some of the best cartoon shit going for us right now but we also have the laziest.

>We have some of the best cartoon shit going for us right now
Examples?

World 2 Pacman best Pacman

my favorite sonic design was the 2006 design

Pacman 2 had some great art. Love this design the most. Pacman 2 > Smash Pacman > Classic Pacman >>>>>>>>>>OH NO IM A MEMEMAN

Conker is the worst, by far. His new design looks like absolute fucking shit, what the fuck were they thinking FUCK

I actually love the 2004 Conker design. I think his attitude is funnier when he looks cute and nonthreatening.

That was my favorite too. His smug look was always gold.

Which game is the last one from?

Eat shit

Fuck you, user.

You fucking wish, nerd
Im out

That's not too bad. Bahamut has had some poor designs, but also some great ones.

Over the Garden Wall, gravity falls, and rick and morty, and Avatar:TLA all come to mind.
There's much more we've got/had going too, (like Star and Dan Vs.), but these three kind of exemplify the different stuff we're getting now in my eye.

Over the Garden Wall was WONDERFULLY great at capturing that old-school storybook tone and aesthetic, and really shined as an example of what modern cartoons can be like at their best.

Gravity falls introduced a bunch of kids to the magic of conspiracy theory funtimes, like that's a hell of a thing.

And rick and morty, which is some of the most excellent adult comedy we've had in a while, and doesn't rely on stupid racist shit or cheap animation quality to get by (cough cough family guy).

And Avatar was just some sicknasty animation with a good story about the horrors of war on domestic life.
Compare this to recent times where the average of we got was crap like Doug or fucking Scooby Doo clones stretching on into infinity

Bomberman and conker got fucking raped dude

This is Bomberman

Personally I've always thought that Star, while not a shitty show, still has the shit that plagues modern animation. Same with GF Avatar is just before things got bad I'd say. I'm not saying the writing or characters are bad, but the animation is pretty lame.

Reeses Pieces. Did that guy ever make it on to that recent chart about edgy designs?

Yeah, and I don't disagree with that, they definitely fall into some generic stuff. The quality of the animation makes up for it though, like really any of the segments with Bill in them are wonderful to watch.
Like when he yanked the teeth out of that deer!

Star butterfly also does this thing, while the style is generic they funnel the extra effortpoints not spent on unique aesthetics into making the animation fluid and enjoyable.

Also, Avatar was one of maybe three shows at the time that were any good and one of the other two was invader Zim.
There wasn't a whole lot on except on Nick at that point in time, as I recall.

This was the Kappa Mikey timeframe, where generic animation meant awful pivotjoint flash animation. Be grateful we've at least escaped THAT horrible era.

The amount of fingers and teeth are what I'm talking about when I say shit that plagues modern animation. Hair over the eye that's see through is another. I'd say that the characters save Star as some over their interactions are good. Marco going autist over wet socks are just an example.

>invader Zim.
Didn't that come out years before Avatar? I remember Avatar, being during the 2004-6 era. It started before shit become popular if I recall. That's why Korra, although shitty and having funny errors, wasn't actually that bad for animation.

2016 pacman is best pacman with limbs

>sonic

Hardly changed

>whatever that second panel is
What is it? I don't know!

>Rayman
Consistently improved

>Pac-Man
Never looked good in 3D, but the designs went way more back and forth than this suggests

>Bandicoot
Improvements except 2010

>Bomberman
2006 Bomberman was an abomination all around and should be considered apocryphal

>Spyro
Spyro never looked good

>Banjo
Changes are fine, even if Nuts and Bolts was otherwise pure sacrilege

>Conker
I see nothing wrong here.

>Scuttlebug
Kitchen sink of low-poly objects that had no place in the game/world besides showing off texture mapping and meme magic vs. generic bug in glorious 144p? How can I choose just one?

I think Sonic looks cool as fuck with the sword and gauntlet, and a game about going fast slicing shit up would be fun as hell if they managed to make it good.

Old pikachu looked like a proper mouse

bomber-man looks the worst

>Never looked good in 3D,
>Spyro never looked good
>I see nothing wrong here.
>all of that Scuttlebug sentence

Then why didn't you buy it

i dont agree, everything is made in flash now and imported from canada.

cartoons now have terrible writting, terrible artstyle that is both lazy and cheap, it is impressive you can consider anything on TV today good.

even shows that were extremely budgeted back then like samurai jack had more going for it than the current high budgeted flash animations we got today from canada.

He's technically based off a rabbit.

>the electric mouse pokemon is based on a rabbit

It fucking kills me that the new crash looks more lowpoly than the original design

I remember watching Zim at the same time as Avatar on nicktoons, i'm not sure on the actual release dates.
That's been a plague on animation for decades my dude. Cartoon characters have had four fingers and unrealistic hair for a long-ass time, all the way back to the OG disney and oldschool anime periods. That's just pointless nitpicking, none of those are recent things by any stretch.

Once again, I must point out anything that was produced by hannah barbera during the cartoon dark ages. At the very LEAST the shovelware cartoons actually /move/ now, that's a net improvement.

There's always going to be cheap shitty trash, but even johnny test is an improvement over trash like Yo Yogi

I know it's an old post but the most recent iteration of Rayman looks like a 'zany' cereal mascot and it kinda drives me nuts.

The games are beautiful, I don't like the flavor of comedy they went with all that much though

To be fair he kind of always looked like a cereal mascot
They did excellent work updating the design but when the root looks as "buy my cereal" as rayman there's only so much you can do

>everyone shits on Rayman just because he's happy he's free from the Rabbids

Makes sense, I don't like what happened to him as much as I don't like what happened to every other cartoon mascot.

It honestly reminds me of the Coo-coo for cocoa puffs bird the most.

*cartoon

I meant cereal

Invader Zim came outer closer to the beginning of the century. Like Angry Beavers. They both just played reruns for years.

Not all characters, and I meant the combination. Still, it was never good and they've only got worse. I will say that GF seems more alive with the animation.

Flash isn't that recent either. It's been going for years and has always been shit. Very few flash/copy and paste shows have been decent.
Hannah Barbera wasn't dark ages at all.

>Rayman
The only one that just got progressively better
>Conker
What the fuck did they do to you man
>Sonic
I honestly like Sonic Boom's design, he's had ups and downs
>Spyro and Crash
Just get progressively worse, but Conker still takes the case for worst treated design.
>Bomberman
I honestly refuse to count Act Zero, it's just too dumb and swerves way too hard

i never thought bomberman would have such a nice ass

>but the most recent iteration of Rayman looks like a 'zany' cereal mascot
Rayman always looked like a 'zany' cereal mascot.
I can't believe people actually consider his "redesign" significant.

Hannah Barbara had four variations of scooby doo running at any given moment and they constantly re-used animation from between their shows. You can see the same run cycle across three whole fucking characters and three different shows.
Do not romanticize HB, they were fucking awful.
The only worthwhile show they made was scooby doo and even then that's only the case because later revivals of it were so good (RIP mystery Inc, too good for your pedigree)

Things didn't really start getting decent until the Cartoon Cartoon era in the 90s when they actually started doing new shit like powerpuff girls and Dexter's lab and shit, and that was also when things like 4-fingered characters and angular designs came up so it was kind of a double-edged sword.

I never really considered how that's actually a huge improvement. I think they could go a little further with that design.

What's wrong with the new scuttlebug? The left just looks like a circle with a marble texture taped onto it and googly eyes glue on while the right actually looks like a spider, with suctioncups for feet i might add

this nig gets it

Liking the old scuttlebug is a meme.

>Things didn't really start getting decent until the Cartoon Cartoon era in the 90s when they actually started doing new shit like powerpuff girls and Dexter's lab and shit,
>ignoring all of WB, and Disney
Good job blowing your cover.
Not at all. new one looks like a generic bug while old one looks like a freaky Mario thing. Like old Nessi.

>arm attached to waist by chain

I.. what?

It's not a spider mom

>Not mentioning Bojack "Depression animated" Horseman
Yeah but Rick and Morty is so good right?

I'm counting the WB and Disney stuff under that banner, the Cartoon Cartoon block was just the most recognizable bookmark term for me.

God bojack is the shit, but I didn't want to make my post forty miles long

The ninja guy on the top right corner - I have no idea who the fuck the character is but the redesign legit makes me mad. Like, really mad.

>we want the kingdom hearts audience

It looks really off without the nose. That's like the only issue I have though

Conker got the fuck end badly.

>Counting Scuttlebug
It never looks the same in any game.

Rayman improved desu senpai

Was this redesign made by a gay guy or something? Because I'm seeing dat juicy ass, and it's fucking hot.

Some are great, some aren't the best but 10's is beyond awful and just fucking hideous

Let me show you the pinnacle of the Pac

>Hasbro
I always forget that they were in the gaming business at one point.

>those stars that form a planet ring around the center
>that fucking intense background with 4 pacmans
Holy shit I've never noticed this before

>implying this little booger isn't the best Pac-Man

>rayman cereal called lums
>mostly yellow pebbles
>with some rare fruit-flavored red, green, blue colored ones
>purple cheerios-like ones
>also contains lucky charms-like rayman shoes, hands, heads and torsos

Why do you make this thread every fuvking day

why does spyro looks like a dragon nigger?

My vote goes to spyro they fucking destroyed his face/head

Hannah Barbara were never good? They've put out some serious shit over the years, but saying Scooby Doo is the only thing good they ever did is crazy. Tom and Jerry? Johnny Quest? Tom and Jerry is 10x the cartoon that Scooby Doo is in every way.

>get him to cocky in Pac Man 2
>go to the farm
>normally have to sneak past him somehow
>motherfucker pac man just struts past him while he yells at you

FUCKING PIMP

Cred Forums pls go

>johnny Quest
>good
it was a landmark for animation history that's for sure but it sure as hell wasn't "good" especially by today's standards.
And tom and jerry was great for a while but then it fell victim to the same re-used animations and gags as the rest of the HB lineup. Granted, that was because of the revival, but still.

The barebones average has been on the up-and-up for a while now, and to circle back to the original point, the new rayman design is fucking sweet and your subjective opinion on this is completely and objectively wrong

Cred Forums if anything you newfag

While Hannah Barbara may have created Tom and Jerry the original run ended in '58. The poster you are responding to is clearly referring to the 60's and 70's era of Scooby Doo ripoffs and lazy Yogi Bear spinoffs that clogged the market during that time.

>2014 Sonic is a legitimate improvement from anything else.
>Newest Rayman is actually better. I love it.
>Crash never had a good design, all iterations look pretty bad
>Spyro never looked good too, but can easilly look good if done right.
>I actually like the N&B Banjo style
>Conker looks bad aside from the N64 version, but can easily look good if done right.
>I don't care about Kingdom Hearts
>Bomberman never looked good
>Yoshi's role change from being a vehicle into a character in his own right over the years makes the shell make sense.
>Pac Man never needed to be anything more than a yellow circle with a pie slice indent for gameplay reasons, so of course trying to make a design beyond its original purpose. will not look great.

You guys are probably going to hate me for saying some of it, but it's just my opinion..

Yes, these are exactly what I'm on about. Shovelware cartooning comes in droves, at the very least we're seeing an uptick in overall watchability of the drek. The baseline is moving ever upwards!

I agree with all of this except the pac man one, I feel like the 3d one with the joints and pacman eyes is a pretty solid redesign.

most of the games i remember their logo on came in cereal boxes

that response macro is good enough that I've genuinely seen the error of my ways and will leave you to your opinion

>Sonic gets worse and worse everyday, but he stopped eating chili dogs and lost weight good for him

>Musashi didn't have a great design to begin with but damn. That shits GAY as FUCK

>Rayman seems pretty natural, he's always been a fairly bland design. The newest one is alright.

>Pacman has been defiled, I don't give a fuck if you think autism is cute, it's still steven universe tumblr tier autism

>2008 Crash literally looks like the "JUST" guy, and the new one has Tidus' pants gross

> Bomberman isn't even valid. 97 was the pinnacle of dorkitude in a good way. I wonder who ruined his design and why

>Spyro looks like a gremlin fuck

>I don't HATE the Banjo redesign, but it's clearly worse and doesn't improve anything

>Yoshi has always been a twit

>Conker looks like a cartoon that sells foot fungus killing ointments now. Honestly terrible.

>Scuttlebutts aren't even the same

I think most these people should be fired.

I wanna FUCK Yoshi.

why's Rayman on there? looks fine tb.h