DmC

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree this was a good game?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=why dmc devil may cry is a prequel
youtu.be/AovdqybOCmE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not trolling. Genuinely had fun.

Fuck you

Fuck you

Fuck YOU!

Just like MGSV, it was a good game, but bad for being one in it's series.

I unironically enjoyed this game and unironically want a sequel.

No.

In a world where the spirit of DMC was passed on to Bayonetta, this steaming turd has no place.

Just beat 3, is vergil dead or what? Why does he show up in the original game

How the fuck am I expected to beat 9999 floors in bloody palace

What makes it a steaming turd though?

The only criticism I've ever seen levelled at this game is "NOT MUH DANTE".

Not him but they watered down the gameplay

watch gamingbrit sperg out on it

It was alright.

From DMC - so again, "Not muh."

Taken by itself, what was wrong with this game?

It's part of the series though, how can I not judge it based on its place in that series? On its own sure, it's a good game, it's even a good game in the series, I still don't like it though.

It was good for a western action game. It's not what anyone wanted as the successor to DMC4's amazing combat though.

Then you haven't really been paying attention.
I like the game, but the bosses are shit and the combat is a step (or many) backwards.

Maybe. Regardless it pales hoplessly in comparison to the games in the series it purports to be a part of.

I am yet to play 4
How would you rank the combat next to 3?

Fuck you

Got it in Capcom HB. It's actually fun. Wouldn't it be called DmC, I think it would had a better reception.
>HEY YOU WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

There's a bonus scene
I think mundus possesses/corrupts/mindbreaks him or something or maybe he gets convinced to go full demon

flaws aside, i enjoyed it. i give it a C+

>Taken by itself
Why? It's called devil may cry. We wanted a devil may cry game.

By itself though, it doesn't have the speed and complexity I like in an action game. I played vanilla dmc so that meant I had to deal with color coded enemies and 30fps as well and that's unacceptable for the type of game it is.

But you went in knowing it's a reboot trying to set itself apart from its predecessors. That is tantamount to saying "I played Halo expecting Call of Duty, it's not Call of Duty so it sucks."

It's the same as going into Halo 4 or 5, expecting a Halo game but getting a shitty mess instead.

>Weapon specific enemies that stop you from performing cuh-razy combos becuase you used the wrong weapon

Yeah no, fuck off

>Taken by itself, what was wrong with this game?
It's too easy to break the game by juggling one enemy infinitely and winning every encounter like that

>The only criticism I've ever seen levelled at this game is "NOT MUH DANTE".
Do you solely browse Kotaku or something?

Not really, as Halo 4 or 5 indicate a clear progression. This was marketed as a reboot and it's clear from all the publicity that this is what it is.

Git gud.

>This was marketed as a reboot and it's clear from all the publicity that this is what it is.

I guess that's why all the retards just think it's a prequel.

Oh.

other than the fuck you succubus why do people like the original DMC over DmC.

Who mistook this for a prequel?

google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=why dmc devil may cry is a prequel

It was actually good, not a good DMC game but it was still a good game
It was better than MGR
kek

3 has better weapons so prepare to be a little disappointed. The style switching is where the game truly shines. There's so much flexibility it's overwhelming. Even if you just stick to the standard sword you'll still feel completely badass. Nero is simple but he has some cool tricks. The rest of the characters are pretty op and more button mashy but they were quick and dirty additions to the special edition.

Most of those pages are retarded theory pages which have no basis in marketing or reality, like every "Link is dead" Majora's Mask fan-page. DmC is blatantly inconsistent with DMC 3 for starters.

>But you went in knowing it's a reboot trying to set itself apart from its predecessors
That doesn't change anything I've said. I said that by itself, combat wasn't satisfying and 30fps is unacceptable. GoW and Dante's Inferno are 60fps.

>why do people like the original DMC
It's a fun RE with swords and bosses are great except the fucking bird on the ship. It's got the best music also.

>people think DmC is a prequel
>somehow this means the marketing and game made it out blatantly to be a reboot
>implying idiots didn't just forget about 1 and thought DmC Vergil turned into 3 Vergil in his DLC

>game about doing combos and varying your combat restricts your available weapons
>lol le git gud
Epic

It's good, but going from playing Bayonetta1&2 to this makes things awkward, I'm too used to being able to dodge at almost any time, that I wish DMC would allow you to cancel an action by dodging.

MGR is fucking garbage

Fuck you Tony!

>DmC
No it was shit.

>DmC: DE
It's a good cuhrayzee game. Too bad it had to be a reboot, would have been a nice addition to the action genre.

>Simplified dumbed down combat
>Terrible Enemy AI
>Butchered setting and lore
>Awful unlikable version of Dante
>Vergil is a retarded anonymous allegory
>Bosses all suck, simplified beyond belief
>No advancement to any of the series systems/mechanics instead taking many steps back
>Awful art design and music
It was just the sum of its parts made it a shit DMC game but an OK action game

Reboots try to IMPROVE on its predecessor by building on its foundations. DmC does none of this and tries way to hard to push in other directions to such an extent it has very little in common with its actual forebears.
It literally made zero improvements to anything, even graphically its ugly especially when compared to the crisp colourful DMC4

DMC had great atmosphere, fantastic combat, great bosses and level design and actually had a great setting.
DmC has baby tier combat, braindead enemies and bosses, horrible art design, and a shite setting that has nothing in common with the rest of the series.
Easy to see why fans like DMC better you retard

>>DmC: DE
What did they change?

>Reboots try to IMPROVE on its predecessor by building on its foundations
That's what sequels do senpai

Undeed they do son, nobody was denying that. But a reboot tries to do the same thing, changing it to be better and more appealing. DmC failed spectacularly to do this.

>DmC
>better than MGR

user plz

No. Even ignoring the other DMCs, its just a shitty heavenly sword clone.

60 FPS, lock-on (not that it helped much), letting you hit all enemys with all weapons, Demon evade, and Angel evade.

And thats it I think.

Also they didnt bring it to the PC for some fucking reason.

It was a great game.
No weaboo male sex fantasy character

>>Terrible Enemy AI
You know, to be fair the AI in DMC has always been really dumb aside from Vergil in DMC3.
That's why grace and glory and their alternatives are so tough in the Bayo series, because it's not the norm for an action game to have aggressive AI that isn't piss stupid.

>Terrible Enemy AI
so just like every enemy in DMC3 and 4

except that MGSV is the best in the series

I genuinely think this game is a masterpiece.

It's a guilty pleasure for me. Sure it's not very good compared to DMC 3 or 4 but its low skill ceiling allows for brainless fun, the levels have good aesthetics that are pleasing to the eyes, OST fits the setting well and dialogue is so bad it's hilarious. "I gotta bigger dick" is genuinely one of my favourite lines from vidya.

Dodge offset was a genius technique Platinum has put into their games.
It just feels awkward going back to ANY non platinum action game these days.

I hope, if DMC5 ever exists (probably won't, though Bayo 3 is fine too), it takes inspiration and includes dodge offset.

>sequel

I just want literally anybody else to do a sequel if it happens
Ninja Theory can't write
can't optimize or code
can't give combat any lasting appeal
by the time DmC was out Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden 2 or even 3RE was out and they did the two attack(light and heavy) system better. DmC feels like a kiddie version in comparison

I played it from the beginning to the end just so that I get to know what exactly is wrong with it.

Let's start with the game itself:
>Enemies have little to no reaction
>The weapon and enemy color matching system was annoyingly unnecessary
>Plot wanted to be taken seriously but felt like something an edgy 13-year old came up with

Personally I think that this would be a prime example of a game that would have been better, or seen as decent, if it wasn't under its series name. Like it would have been ok as just another hack n' slash game, just not DMC material.

The whole game is a goddamn mess and it really did not help when the dev himself is making things worse. He didn't have to make another Dante clone in his game but he didn't have to insult the fanbase and their series either.

DmC apologists are rock bottom bitches.

At least i assume what they are. I've never met one in person, so i also speculate that they are actually non-fans that false flag to stir up drama.

Man, DmC apologists are just so fucking sad, I hope you kill yourself OP
youtu.be/AovdqybOCmE