Mega Man Anniversary Collection had Mega Man 1-8, and 3 additional spin-off games, while being on GCN and PS2...

>Mega Man Anniversary Collection had Mega Man 1-8, and 3 additional spin-off games, while being on GCN and PS2, and ran flawlessly
>Mega Man Legacy Collection has literally just Mega Man 1-6, despite being on much superior hardware, and has issues out the ass

What the FUCK where they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HLWY7fCXUwE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dunno, I just downloaded it and didn't care because of yohohoing it.

one was full price and the other isn't

Anniversary Collection had quick weapon swapping with the shoulder buttons too.
Legacy Collection is just a bad emulation.

Anniversary Collection was $30 at release. Same with Legacy Collection.

Overall AC > LC
X Collection is also worth it as well.

It was just the guys making it fucking with an engine that would allow them to put NES games on any console without straight up emulating a NES, which would make publishers afraid of Nintendo suing them.

>ran flawlessly

It didn't, though. All they did was boost game's speed through emulation.

The worst part were their claims of the games being remade from the ground up for a new engine.

They outright lied about the fact that they were just roms in a garbage emulator.

Not as bad as some recent SNK stuff but still pretty shit.

Also, the color wasn't exactly the same and audio was a bit distorted.

i beat every magaman from anniversary i have the legacy collection too for the 3ds...i was really hoping for an x collection also

They function differently. Notice how all the games in the Legacy Collection are from the same console.
You can expect more Mega Man collections in the future, most likely.

Also Anniversary Collection was slow and clunky as fuck to maneuver. Playing Mega Man games on a PS2 is shitty.

It was an intentional "fuck you" to the fans. Capcom has proven over and over again that they want to abandon the franchise, so they keep upping the ante when it comes to dick moves.

They never claimed the games were remade from the ground up. They just claimed it wasn't emulation in the standard sense.
youtube.com/watch?v=HLWY7fCXUwE
Which is correct: It emulates it and turns everything into C

FestersQuest.tiff

So the wiiu vc version is the best version right

NES classic.

What issues does legacy have?

This. I swear Capcom is trying to make people hate Megaman.

Sound emulation and lag.

The 3DS version's version of Mega Man 5 is pretty much unplayable. Which is amazing as the game features Rockman 5 too and that runs fine.

>Mega Man Anniversary Collection had Mega Man 1-8, and 3 additional spin-off games, while being on GCN and PS2, and ran flawlessly
>ran flawlessly

Yeah no

The NES games were neutered ports of the Complete Work PSX ports with some of the screwy resolutions.

7 was a gimp disaster with removed content and slowdown

8 had audio issues.

the only ones who were ok emulation were the arcade games, i think.

So yeah, neither releases were dignifying.

>They never claimed the games were remade from the ground up.

MAH REVISIONISM YOU MEANNIES!

Cry Harder

i don't know why i like original series megaman so damn much.

Because they're fun, challenging games???
Everybody sucks off Mega Man 2's dick, but I feel like they perfected making the game challenging yet fair with Mega Man 3.

megaman 3 is also my favorite too, megaman 2 had some good music in it but the metal blade being almost unlimited use really is a glaring flaw.

it's because in the ps2 gen, the games were good and people understood what they were buying half the time, so they couldn't just halfass emulate games if they wanted to sell

Anniversary and X collection had pretty bad ports. Legacy had its own share of problems, but it didn't have Anniversary's problems.

Didn't the Anniversary Collection use the PS1 versions of Mega Man 1-8?

Yep.

I thought Mega Man 7 was SNES only, it wasn't part of rockworks on ps1

You're right. He likely goofed up.

MegaMan 3 is way overrated, desu. It has just as much questionable decisions as 1 and 2.
>Top Spin
>The final wily bot is possibly the easiest in the series, and couldn't hit you if it tried, and it dies in one hit to Top Spin, just like the previous boss, the MegaMan Clones
>Needle Man's ugliest stage in the series
>The bee dropping enemies
>Needle Man 2's Rush Jet segment is the games equivalent of the Crash Bomb boss, easily impossible if you don't complete it the first try
>Gemini Man's 1 block wide platforming with explosives and homing flies thrown at you from all angles without Rush Jet, or even with the Rush Marine that dies halfway through the water
>Wily's trash mini bosses in the final stages are lazy and unfun, better fight 4 in a row?
>Most of the weapons are boring straight shots with little use outside of boss fights
>Break Man boss fights repeat multiple times with no changes

Those are just the ones off the top of my head from replaying the series. I'm surprised 3 was so questionable, considering it's reputation.

>The bee dropping enemies
Go away, Cage

Still better than Mega Man 2's bullshit Metal Blade.

That's not even the half of it.

>GC version has reversed Jump & Shoot buttons that can't be changed, also none of the arranged tracks are available

>MMXC literally cannot be played with component cables even though it was made AFTER Anniversary collection

I get shat on for it, but I find 6 as my favorite title.

6 has the best Robot Master in the series and I will fight anyone that thinks otherwise.

>The worst part were their claims of the games being remade from the ground up for a new engine.

They outright lied about the fact that they were just roms in a garbage emulator.

Proof that they actually said this?

>Which is correct: It emulates it and turns everything into C

I think you are thinking on the "achievements" which were literally just save states, that's what i know.

But yeah, you are wrong, it was just an emulator with a custom front-end so maybe that's also what you said.

Megaman 3 is my one favorite game in the series, and of all time.

>inb4 MEGAMAN WAS RUSHED THEREFORE IS RUSHED

Fuck off with that shit, i don't care if it was a bit unpolished, it still managed to work for many of us, 3 is when i was introduced to the franchise, and i love every minute of it, just to see a video game character changing colors when you used weapons was so quirky.

I grew up with these games, i literally got megaman 3 as one of my original NES games back when i was little, and i literally rented the rest of the series around they were being released up 94, i rented megaman 4, and i remember it being challenging, tough i remember not being to fond on the music back then, and never managed to beat it, not even trough the second time i rented the game again around 94.

The i tried my luck with none other than megaman 2, and i did not like it that much, megaman move slippier than the other games, and i did not like the music, in fact i could NOT remember for the longest time any of the music themes, unlike the other games which i remember even back then, and i could finish past Dr Wily stage 3, and even trough this day, i tough megaman 2 is just acceptable for my taste, so i moved on to 5, and i loved that one back then, went far to wily's fortress first boss but never could go on, and finally around 94 i rented 6, and that was the first time i beat a megaman game, and then i beat it, that same year i also played and beat X1!

I love megaman 3, but if you ask me, 4 is the most polished one of all of them.

7-10 collection when?
Megaman 11 when?

Top Spin is actually an extremely useful weapon, not sure wtf you're talking about.