PC thread

PC thread

What are you playing?
What is your next upgrade?

Disregard bloodbornposting.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=Titan Quest Anniversary Changelog
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Specs. Next upgrade will probably be a SSD. Then a stupidly powerful GPU for VR. Playing Dawn of War, Doom, Arcanum, Dota and emulated stuff. Eagerly waiting for that Star Citizen update.

Playing:
Planetside 2 with bros
Just finished modding skyrim.
Slowly progressing through everspace and starting a new run of endless legend

Upgrading:
Building a whole new computer when kabylake comes out, probably not sure if 1 or 2 but 1080gtx (hopefully ti by then), mini-itx case/mobo, my first real liquid cooling setup, atleast 1TB SSD, not sure if VR or waiting for 4k 120hz monitors, and I might setup a 100GB ramdisk

Is SLI still a thing or does nobody support it by now?

I just started on arcanum too, first area was cool as shit but the second area was a generic looking town which sorta drained the fun of the steampunk feeling.

I'm actually really enjoying Titan Quest Anniversary. It's a solid game and the changes they made (surprisingly enough) improve the experience.

What kind of changes? I loved titanquest but the levels dragged on pretty hard.

I'm having a fun time playing Sleeping Dogs. I like the level of detail in the game, it feels more like an authentic city than GTAV.

On mobile right now specs are
6600k @ 4.6ghz
16GB DDR4
GTX 1070
2TB HDD 128 GB SSD

What would be a good next reasonable upgrade?

prostagma?

One of the few games where I finished all the missions and was left wanting more, top tier combat system and variance in missions.
Hope you picked up the dlc.

lmgtfy.com/?q=Titan Quest Anniversary Changelog

Hard to say what might appeal to you. They devs looks pretty closely at the pacing and changed a lot of the damage on different skills too. There's also integrated mod support now, so the steam workshop has been hopping.

10/10 build for most shit, how good is your monitor

Tarant is brilliant shut your whore mouth.

I just wanted to know what the major overhauls were from the perspective of someone who's played it, pacing and balance is solid, I was raping everything by act 2 last time.
> There's also integrated mod support now, so the steam workshop has been hopping.
Still supports regular modding? I don't use steam.

I have a 21:9 1080p monitor

>playing
Dustforce and the Last Remnant
>next upgrade
Fucking everything. Unfortunately, as I live in not-paying-our-debts land, I can't trust the mail so this means what I get will be something I can carry back while visiting the states and that means the next build will likely be a steambox.

Yeah of course.

Age of Mythology was GOAT

Might want to push for 1440p at 144hz, your build could handle it no problem even if you won't get a full 120 fps out of it you'll still be above 60 as far as I can tell.
Sweet, I'm hopping on this then, thanks user.

Hell yeah it was, shame the remake was shit but all HD remakes are. Hephaestus for the win, gold colossi errywhere.

Just upgraded my GPU (R9 Fury from a 7950). I got the monitor recently and it's fucking great, never seen shit like this before. Feels good to max shit out at 1440p - before I was playing on an "HD" 50" television. This is such a night and day difference. I'm loving it.

Currently playing Witcher 3. Initially upgraded for Deus Ex MD, but I'll just play this until it drops in price. Square games tend to see huge cuts quick

God damn I can't wait to play Arcanum again.

Yeah I've been downscaling Doom at 3440 X 1440 I get about 90fps with everything maxed.

>2 years ago I said my next upgrade would be a 4k 120hz+ monitor with gsync
>STILL WAITING
Atleast the prices are getting reasonable, $500 isn't bad, but without a potential 120fps who gives a shit about 4k.

Hot damn that probably looks fucking beautiful.

I got a new laptop after years and years of having a toaster, so i'm having a blast going tough my backlog of pc games, just finished Batman Arkham City GOTY, and i'm downloading Arkham Knight as we speak.
What else should i play?

>2D sprites
>Beautiful under any circumstances

>George Kamitani
You have to be 18 to post here user.

Crysis 3, the gameplay is solid enough but the graphics and aestetic are top tier.
Also
>witcher franchise
>divinity original sin (probably the best old-school style rpg made since the 00s)
>ori and the blind forest (top tier metroidvania)
>x-com 1 and 2
>total war shogun 2 or rome 2

Awaiting Shinzen I/O

Playing MKX

Nothing, I have things installed but no interest. I just keep playing gamecube games.

I assumed DOOM meant D44M because I don't think the original doom has graphic settings and should probably run in the thousands of frames per second range on any modern computer.

Stalker Soc and Cop
Witcher 2/3
Zeno Clash 2
Far Cry Blood Dragon
Legend of Grimrock 1 & 2

>Playing:
FO4 and KF2
>Upgrade:
Change my 970 to a 1070 in 1 or 2 weeks

Playing:
Il-2 1946
Void Destroyer

Upgrading
thinking of 6700k/gtx1080 but it will set me back $1200

Thanks for the recommendations, i played crysis 2 on console and tough it was a pain in the ass to play (i can't play shooters on console) i really enjoyed it.
And i've been wanting to play the witcher for a while, people told me to elude the first on tho, is it shit?
Also i think i have Stalker CoP laying around in my room but i can't find it.

Witcher 1 is alright but it's skippable if time is an issue. 2 is great, and 3 is really great.
Stalker Call of Pripyat is fucking awesome. I would recommend playing SoC first if you can.

>And i've been wanting to play the witcher for a while, people told me to elude the first on tho, is it shit?
It has great writing and story but the gameplay/graphics leaves a lot to be desired, it's really more a matter of "are you willing to put up with this gameplay for the sake of getting a great story"
Witcher 2 starts with geralt having amnesia so it's not the worst thing to skip witcher 1.

>Playing
Deus Ex (original) with the mod GMDX. Still trying to conceive a good combat-oriented build.

>Next Upgrade
Likely a BD-ROM drive.

Where my Brigador niggas at

>Still trying to conceive a good combat-oriented build

I maxed legs and heavy weapons. Sprinted full speed with flamethrower. Would jump through a room spinning in circles lighting everything on fire. Shit was broken and incredibly fun

I'm getting a 480x and a new Processor thats quad core. Whats a good 90-110$ intel quad processor.

Found Anno 1404 that was sitting on my hdd for like 3 years, unplayed, decided to see how fun is it, and I've sunk 12 hours in the last 2 days.

I haven't played GMDX, is it more balanced towards stealth? I've gone through DX maybe 15 times and I've never used stealth, hell I even sprinted through the stealth portion of basic training.
Mah nigga, my favorite build was max legs and melee.

Grimdawn is cooler than bloodborne

People shit on the mod, but I've played the game so many times that any change in level design is really refreshing to me. That seems to be the most legit complaint I've seen. Hell I play the ps2 port sometimes just to change it up.

kalos!

Guess i'll be skipping the witcher 1 then.

Also, should i be able to run the wticher 3 decently with my specs? i know its not a powerhouse but so far it ran most of the things i installed flawlessly, the only problem i found so far is having to lower the graphics on Fallout 4
also
>tfw you finally can run skyrim at 60+ fps but now don't feel like playing anymore.

Playing Banished with the Colonial Charter mod, it adds so much more content and lategame shit
Plus the models look really nice

>What are you playing?
Modded as fuck Fallout 4

>What is your next upgrade?
Probably a whole new rig.

Brilliant! Legs is absolutely a must-have on any run, stealth or not.
GMDX is way more balanced toward stealth. It actually makes stealth fun to play.
If you like a change in level design, why not Revision? People also shit on that, but I don't know. I haven't played it.

I'm liking grimdawn too, me and my buddy were going through it co-op style but I was playing a pirated version so I'd always be 2-3 days behind on patches while he had steam so it forced him to patch, now we're just waiting for it to be patched to a version that won't change for a few months before proceeding. Glad the devs supported lan play, if my first run through it goes well I'll buy it.

>playing
I'm playing Shadowrun: Dragonfall at the moment. My first foray into the Shadowrun world and I'm a big fan so far, even if the game is a little shallow compared to other cRPGs.

>next upgrade
I bought a 1TB SDD on sale awhile ago so I should probably put that in soon. I've just been too lazy to clone and transfer everything over. I should get another 8 gigs of RAM too, only have 8 at the moment.

Most of the fun you'll get out of skyrim is from modding it.
You should be able to play witcher 3 but I doubt a 930m can max it, even my 780gtx struggles quite a bit, it's a very beautiful and demanding game.

Max legs is so OP simply because of how slow enemies reaction times are. You can get right in someones face before they even register you, at which point you can do absolutely anything.

Rifles and grenades all day. You see the most ammo for it late-game, and the amount of ground the skill covers (shotgun/sniper/AR) is convenient.

>GMDX is way more balanced toward stealth. It actually makes stealth fun to play.
Sold, I haven't gone through DX this year yet so it looks like it's time for my first stealth build.
>If you like a change in level design, why not Revision?
I've played through revision and I can attest that it manages to make the refresh the levels without ruining what made DX great.
My only issue with it was I couldn't fit through the window to exit paul's apartment so I was forced to save him, despite wanting to kill him that run.

>If you like a change in level design, why not Revision? People also shit on that, but I don't know. I haven't played it.
Aw shit Revision is totally what I was talking about. I don't know if I've even played GMDX then.

Dragonfall is great, good choice user, I won't spoil anything but it is a hell of a wild ride.

Playing pic related.

Also played a bit of SupCom FA (but it ain't in the list.

What are you playing?
Endless Space
What is your next upgrade?
6700k stable as i can get it
16gb DDR4
samsung 960 evo m.2 SSD, 512gb
more general storage
nvidia 1070gtx
My current Phillips screen is 24" AH-IPS 1920x1080 60hz and i want to upgrade to the same size, res and IPS but just bump the 60hz up to 144hz but would you believe they only make shitty TN panels.

No i don't want QHD or UHD meme res, i want higher fps.

Honestly, i would stop pirating just to have steam keep track of my vidya.

Is Hong Kong good as well?

>Sold, I haven't gone through DX this year yet so it looks like it's time for my first stealth build.
Absolutely. If you compare stealth options for GMDX vs DX, there's simply no comparisons. One of the major new features is a perk system. Among other things, there's a perk in Electronics that makes hacked alarm panels instantly knock out any person who uses them, there's a perk in Lockpicking that lets you use one lockpick to unlock a 100% lock (you only get to purchase it at Master level, to keep it balanced), Environmental Training is buffed and lets you carry multiple armors AND lets you recharge used armors with biocells (all of this extends to the Thermoptic Camo), you can augment your UI to show you how visible you are at the moment, tranq darts are an actual fucking viable option (read: a headshot instantly knocks out an enemy instead of giving the enemy 10 seconds to run around and alarm everybody BEFORE being knocked out), as are riot prods, there's way more nonlethal options (among other things, taser darts for the crossbow and EMP ammo for the assault rifle), most upgrades now apply to riot prods and other nonlethal tools now (rate of fire, reload speed, damage, etc.), Low-Tech is now way more fun (you can throw a melee weapon at an enemy to do more damage), Microfibral Muscle is now a passive ability that takes no bioenergy (it's also been majorly buffed, you can throw things WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE now), and there's an entirely new skill called Stealth that affects movement speed while walking and crouched, camera detection, and lean speed. It's amazing.
>I couldn't fit through the window to exit paul's apartment so I was forced to save him
What an odd bug. It's probably been patched.
Do it.

>Playing

OpenXcom, going through a ufo defense campaign, about to try and play TFTD next.

>Next upgrade
My cpu, I have like a I72600 matched with a GTX1080 so I'm getting bottlenecked like crazy but I'm still pulling 100+ fps on total warhammer and other games.

I have a 144htz monitor though so anything above 60 is nice.

Ahhh yes. PC gaming virgins making themselves feel better by trying to justify the 1500 bucks they spent on a gaming PC. "my computer has this this this and that". Stfu and go get some fucking pussy no one wants to hear about what your computer

>No one wants to hear about what your computer...

A-user? You ok m8?

>playing
Stronghold HD (FUCKING FLETCHERS REEEE), CodMW1
>next upgrade
Getting a nice mic and hopefully a better monitor in the near future

Can anyone recommend some good co-op vidya that will run decently on a not-quite-toaster? Got a friend in Uni I'm looking for games to play with.

It had good atmosphere but I ended up remaking my character after about 2 hours and then I didn't want to sit through the first 2 hours again, so I don't really know, I pretty much screwed myself out of that experience.

>My cpu, I have like a I72600 matched with a GTX1080
I know that feel, I have an i7 930 with a 780gtx, and each game is a coin toss on whether it'll run great or like shit based on the bottleneck, but the 930 uses such a random bullshit socket that it was discontinued a year later and no modern processor will do without a complete mobo/ram swap.

co-op splitscreen, hotseat, or network?

Network, but hotseat options might be alright as well. Neither of us have touched grand strategy stuff before.

>playing
Bastion (second run), Gravity Ghost, TRI: Of Friendship and Madness, Epistory, Circa Infinity, Catlateral Damage
>upgrade
everything; I still have a Q6600 and DDR2 RAM and a 320GB HDD. most games are bottlenecked more by the GTX 660 than the CPU though.

Same exact reason I haven't upgraded, I'm lazy and don't want to take my computer apart instead of playing videogames.

Putting a new GPU in only took like ten minutes though.

Rust and Halo 5 achievement farming, 2 achieves away.

For the record, I'm not one of those meme tards in Rust.

Many years from now, still no reason to replace this 2500k and 780 Ti Classified even at 1440p.

Cossacks 3. Still waiting for the big hotfix upgrade that is supposed to hit tonight.

Was knee deep in a ship battle free for all with four players, killed two of them early on and was on the verge of breaking through the defense of the third and the game crashed.

Cossacks is so damn fun, if only it was running properly.

Most of the best co-op experience you'll get will be from ARPGs like diablo 2
My suggestions
>diablo 2 with median xl ultimate mod (RTFM)
>path of exile
>grimdawn
>titan quest
>divinity original sin (more of a straight RPG and is turn-based)
If you don't like isometric perspective games

Shooters:
l4d
borderlands
portal 2

That's all I can think of for straight co-op.

For hotseat the best games you can play are:
worms armageddon
civ 4
battle for wesnoth
but they're not as much co-op as they are jolly competition, you CAN work together in certain scenarios, but it always ends up in rivalry
Also there's tons of good shit in emulators (wii especially) if you have atleast 1 controller.

Which DoW? Am playing DoW 2 and am breezing thru it on hard and its my first DoW game. It feels like company of heroes meets warcraft 3 (on those missions where you only have a small army and no bases)

Not him but you should try DoW1 after, it's more of a standard RTS if you're into that sort of stuff (which by mentioning wc3 I assume you are)

I like all kind of strategy games. Plain old rts like AoE AoM SC EE RoN.. Grand strategy only rome and medieval total war. And turn strategy like xcom too.

My point was how short and easy is this game considering that I liked CoH.
Oh I forgot to add, It's DoW II retribution.
Beated the campaign as imperial forces now replaying as orks. But the missions are similar if not the same

DoW2 is a solid game, it's just weird that it's a tactics game.
I just meant that if you wanted a more practical RTS experience there's always DoW1.

I'll try that user.
Btw will the expansions (winter assault and the other(s) which names I can't remember) will add more substance to the game?

>Currently playing Witcher 3
Aren't we all

Working my way through Deus Ex: MD. I like it a lot, but it hasn't grabbed me. Probably because I've been busier with a new job since it launched.

They each add a new faction or two usually with some sort of interesting gimick, a new vehicle per faction, and an entire new campaign per faction (sometimes which switches genres a little bit)
Even if it doesn't give substance, it gives a fuckton of content. Pretty much 3 different frozen throne-level expansions.

getting the gtx 1080 cause runescape just got an update

>What are you playing?
Battlerite
Smite
Paladins

With lowest settings on a shitty Laptop.

Sounds neato. I'll give it a pirate next week

Debating getting a 500gb m.2 for heavily modded shit like NV/F4 that takes longer to load but damn they are expensive.

About to start a new game of Patrician 3
What should my first and last name be?

There's now an option to speed up the actual game speed. It makes the first act much more bearable.

Benis Benisson

Jürgen Hodensalz

I like it.

>What are you playing?
Trying to play Tomb Raider BLACKED, it sort of kind of works but doesn't run very well and I had some issues with it crashing every couple of hours or so.

>What is your next upgrade?
My PC is getting old but for now it still manages to play whatever I throw at it at decent settings, especially if I lock the framerate so I can't really justify upgrading now. I think I'm gonna get a PS4 slim/pro depending of how unoptimized the PC ports get and keep my current setup for a couple of more time.

Winter Assault features the hardest scruffiest ass in that galaxy sector

Nothing more manly than the Imperial Guard showing those damn xenos how it's done

Dark Crusade, if you fall for it, will keep you for ages

I know that feel, I just put ~300 mods into skyrim and there's a good 5 minutes before I can even see the main menu, then another 5 before my save loads, and about a 50/50 chance it'll CTD when the game actually starts.
I think "cleaning" and bashed patches are suppose to fix that but I simply cannot be arsed to figure that shit out, getting lolis working was already some of the most difficult bullshit I've ever modded into a game.

I loved dark crusade, RTS with a grand strategy map is my fetish. Only other games that I remember doing that was rise of nations.

not much at the moment, i am desperate need of a new game. Was playing PoE but it has gotten incredibly boring.

Just check the thread, there's a hundred good game suggestions here.

I usually keep in on my ssd but its only a 250gb I use for a boot drive with all my programs on it except for games, I only keep my 3 most played games on it but its running out of space. I do0nt know if I should spend 300$ on 500gbs of really fast m2 and put just the games I play alot/take long to load. Or spend 300 and get a full TB of slightly slower speeds but be able to put almost all of my games on it.

Currently playing F.E.A.R., Witcher 3 Blood and Wine (Been chipping away at it since it came out, still not done) and Batman Arkham Knight, with some casual Battlefield 4 on the side. Going to play Sleeping Dogs after that, then I have a bunch of other shit to catch up that I can actually play now since upgrading GPU. Dork Souls 3, Far Cry 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Just Cause 3, XCOM 2 and the new Douche Sex when it gets cheap.

Upgrade wise I'm looking out for a used 4790, then I'll get a 500GB SSD (likely 850 Evo) and then I'm due for a new power supply. Probably going to go for the EVGA Supernova G2 750w.

The only this sadder is the virgin who comes into the thread to shitpost because he has literally even less going for him.

0/10, c'mon son you can do better than that, surely. Try being more subtle next time.

Oh shit nigga wadup

M E C H B O Y S

>Playing
BeamNG.drive and Overwatch

>Upgrading
Thinking about getting a full-size ATX case to transplant my current build into, as while I do like my current Cooler Master N200, it's a pain to work inside as I have relatively large hands. Any recommendations that won't break the bank? I'm thinking either a Rosewill R5 or simply up-sizing to the Cooler Master N400.

Pic related, my hand (Logitech G600 for scale)

Playing Starpoint Gemini 2 warlords, Warhammer Eternal Crusade, and will play battlefield 1 once it comes out.

Going to replace my fx 8350 with a 6600k if Zen turns out to be unimpressive

>tfw no motivation to play anything
I pirated Dragon Age Origins the other day and haven't even started it yet

Play Starsector you fucking nerds

>Playing
Homework, so very much homework.
Haydee on Monday tho.
Then Pit People Wednesday through the next couple weeks and some Wuppo on the side.
I really like Platformers and party-based turn-based combat.
>Next upgrade
SSD by end of year is goal.

Been replaying Kamidori for the past two weeks.
Why do japanese eroge made by a bunch of devs have 10x the depth and content of western games with 100m++ buget made by 300 people? Really makes you wonder. Or not, they just cater to the lowest common demoninator that is casuals and console users.

>$100m++ buget
One of the big factors is the bulk of that budget is advertising.
For any AAA game, the advertising portion of the budget is more than 50% of the total budget with exceptionally bad titles like Fallout 4 being closer to 66%.

>What are you playing
God Eater Resurrection
>What is your next upgrade
Getting a bluray disc drive and 8 more GB of RAM in the near future.

>with exceptionally bad titles like Fallout 4 being closer to 66%.
*Bethesda titles

It looks cool as shit, but I just can't get hard for 2D

Older Bethesda titles, even Skyrim, are nowhere as terrible as Fallout 4. Literally the only redeeming factor F4 has is good gunplay, but they give you so few gun types it's not even that important.

Guys, Cossacks 3 MP is actually functioning now!

>Literally the only redeeming factor F4 has is good gunplay
Wouldn't even call it that good. But they got power armor right.

Total War: Warhammer and Kichikuou Rance

>Good gunplay

Maybe by comparison to how abysmal it always was in 3 and NV, but it's still total ass compared to any decent shooter.

Now that I will disagree with.
The power armor was all in all a mistake.
>You get it within the first hour irrelevant of how fucking slow you are as long as you follow the quest line (there's really no other paths at first anyway unless you go around the town)
>Its only purpose early on when you lack cores is for goods transport, get in it, teleport to an area, get out, kill shit, loot, hobble back to it, teleport to home, get out, empty shit into containers, repeat
>By mid-game if you got the right perks and shit, you're not only stacked with cores, they also last forever/almost indefinitely and thus you never take the suit off
>You have ZERO training for it
>Batteries that are designed to last hundreds of years don't last a full in-game day
The only reason to take it off is either to A. model your whore or B. part swap/change to a new and improved one entirely.
It's a step up from F3 and NV, but also a huge step down. Instead of being Power Armor (something you'd use in major firefights where you can't do shit quietly and wouldn't even be able to wear if you're a retard with

Sure, they could have worked it in better (got it way too early at least), but it sure wasn't the tin cans of 3. It felt like actual power armor.

>it's just an extra layer of defense and carry weight
Wasn't a thing it didn't defend me from, radioactivity and combat. It is just an extended layer, one that breaks off if you don't maintain it. And depending how you build it, enhances your stats. That's what power armor is supposed to do.

But dirty mechanics aside, the feeling of it is right. You can walk into a firefight and you know your armor is gonna keep like a tank.